PDA

View Full Version : uh oh Kaylore

Br0nc0Buster
08-06-2010, 09:27 AM
"This is getting ridiculous. Jarvis Moss clutching his hand on way to training room and Chris Kuper limping right behind him."

from Vic Lombardis twitter

oubronco
08-06-2010, 09:30 AM
WTF is going on

ColoradoBuff
08-06-2010, 09:30 AM
not good news!!!

Rock Chalk
08-06-2010, 09:35 AM
We have crossed the line from sad to comical.

Pony Boy
08-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Holy Crap !!!!! Somebody call a time out....

TheReverend
08-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Keep going.

Those that survive to the season will be ****ing Spartans.

bfoflcommish
08-06-2010, 09:37 AM
PostBroncos (http://twitter.com/PostBroncos)

Kuper left the field. He was able to walk off on his own.

The MVPlaya
08-06-2010, 09:43 AM
:rofl:Keep going.

Dean
08-06-2010, 09:46 AM

I don't see any Broncos fans laughing.

:drown:

DenverBrit
08-06-2010, 09:54 AM
To add insult to injury, the Mane is now covered in Raiders banners touting tickets.

Rabb
08-06-2010, 09:54 AM
KupesDad??????

Kaylore
08-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Kuper is tough. He's played with broken hands several times. It doesn't matter to me. At this point I'm numb. I've pretty much made peace with the fact we're going to suck this year. I'm going to have no expectations and try and enjoy our young players. We should probably trade Orton and just play Tebow now.

Ambiguous
08-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Just because they left the field doesn't mean they're out for the season. Sheesh.

Ambiguous
08-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Kuper is tough. He's played with broken hands several times. It doesn't matter to me. At this point I'm numb. I've pretty much made peace with the fact we're going to suck this year. I'm going to have no expectations and try and enjoy our young players. We should probably trade Orton and just play Tebow now.

Damn dude this is all because of Dumervil?

oubronco
08-06-2010, 09:59 AM

Keep the faith brother don't fall into the negative just yet

doonwise
08-06-2010, 10:00 AM
2010: The Year of the Glass Bronco.

Kaylore
08-06-2010, 10:04 AM

I'm not throwing in the towel. If we can hang around .500, there's a chance at the halfway mark players will start coming back. We could start to really finish strong. Its not likely, but its something to hope for.

TheReverend
08-06-2010, 10:05 AM

The stage is setting itself for it.

Every injury that adds up, especially to the D, puts more pressure on the offense to maintain consistent drives, convert on 3rd and score. These are things Kyle can't do at a high level.

But someone else can... and not only can he, he fits the McD profile/arrogance to a T

oubronco
08-06-2010, 10:08 AM

Every injury that adds up, especially to the D, puts more pressure on the offense to maintain consistent drives, convert on 3rd and score. These are things Kyle can't do at a high level.

But someone else can... and not only can he, he fits the McD profile/arrogance to a T

This is what they brought White in for i'm sure

lostknight
08-06-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm not throwing in the towel. If we can hang around .500, there's a chance at the halfway mark players will start coming back. We could start to really finish strong. Its not likely, but its something to hope for.

Given how badly we are front loaded on our schedule this year, it's still going to be dicey. Especially with Doom's injury, it's going to take a long time to rebuild his strength, so just returning from injury probably won't be enough.

I wonder if the Broncos have thought about asking Doom to give them a extra year on the contact ;-)

lostknight
08-06-2010, 10:09 AM

Erk.

Tebow's not ready to be the full time QB right now. He has the accuracy, but the game is much to fast, and throwing him into the water, won't make him swim. Better to introduce him to it slowly.

enjolras
08-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Add Lendale White to this list...

#Broncos update: Jarvis Moss, Chris Kuper and LenDale White all headed to the locker room mid-practice Friday a.m.

Kaylore
08-06-2010, 10:11 AM

If anything, to protect Kyle we should consider Tebow purely for the mobility. All accounts of Quinn are that he's playing scared (because he's a huge mangina, like I've been saying all along.). Tebow's mobility is exactly what this piece-mail offensive line needs until they can stabilize themselves.

The best way to enjoy this season is to have zero expectations and just enjoy watching some of these young guys develop. The playoffs aren't even on my radar anymore.

TheReverend
08-06-2010, 10:12 AM
This is what they brought White in for i'm sure

White doesn't help on 3rd and long at all.

We were 22nd in the league last year at converting 3rd downs at an atrocious 36%. We canNOT do that again.

Rabb
08-06-2010, 10:14 AM
add lendale white to this list...

#broncos update: Jarvis moss, chris kuper and lendale white all headed to the locker room mid-practice friday a.m.

come on!!!!

Meck77
08-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Got to love the internet. Someone farts at Dove Valley and it spreads across the net like a virus.

We've had some tough luck with injuries but so have other teams and they are still going to get theirs. The season is 16 games people. Manning, Brady, anybody can go down in any practice and any game.

bfoflcommish
08-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Got to love the internet. Someone farts at Dove Valley and it spreads across the net like a virus.

We've had some tough luck with injuries but so have other teams and they are still going to get theirs. The season is 16 games people. Manning, Brady, anybody can go down in any practice and any game.

IMPOSSIBLE! their coaches know what they are doing.

cutthemdown
08-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Broncos are going to stink this yr. It quite possibly could be the worst we have done in 15-20 yrs. The team has very little talent. To even care about Moss who has never donw crap is a joke. There better players then him probably not even on a roster right now.

cutthemdown
08-06-2010, 10:19 AM

Problem is Broncos have lost key spots already, Clady down most of offseason, on a team that is really thin for talent. Especially top end talent. Really the team will be lucky to get to .500. More then likely Broncos get asses handed to them this yr. Maybe even by the Silver and Black.

enjolras
08-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Broncos are going to stink this yr. It quite possibly could be the worst we have done in 15-20 yrs. The team has very little talent. To even care about Moss who has never donw crap is a joke. There better players then him probably not even on a roster right now.

At least before the rash of injuries, I don't see how you could possibly say that this team isn't (far) better than the one we put on the field last year.

lostknight
08-06-2010, 10:20 AM
If anything, to protect Kyle we should consider Tebow purely for the mobility. All accounts of Quinn are that he's playing scared (because he's a huge mangina, like I've been saying all along.). Tebow's mobility is exactly what this piece-mail offensive line needs until they can stabilize themselves.

The best way to enjoy this season is to have zero expectations and just enjoy watching some of these young guys develop. The playoffs aren't even on my radar anymore.

That's a good way to ruin him forever. He needs to learn discipline and patience, and trusting the system. He could be mobile enough to start to compensate for the disastrous situation we have at our lines, but he won't be effective at anything else.

If we are 0-6 at the halfway mark, then let's re-examine it, until then, let's play for long term investment.

lostknight
08-06-2010, 10:21 AM
At least before the rash of injuries, I don't see how you could possibly say that this team isn't (far) better than the one we put on the field last year.

Which team? The 0-6 team or the 2-8 team?

cutthemdown
08-06-2010, 10:21 AM
White doesn't help on 3rd and long at all.

We were 22nd in the league last year at converting 3rd downs at an atrocious 36%. We canNOT do that again.

Most of that just a crap oline. They stunk last yr. None of the bkup OT were worth a crap, Kuper didn't play that great, the Center spot totally went south because Weigman just got too old.

With proper blocking almost any RB can pick up 3rd and less then 3 yrds. Sure some are special like Marcus Allen who seemed to be able to do it with no blocking.

dbfan4life
08-06-2010, 10:22 AM

Yep. It's like on of those movies where **** keeps on piling up and in the end there's a happy ending. Only, I don't see a happy ending to this movie. :gus:

cutthemdown
08-06-2010, 10:26 AM

I see WR as one of the toughest spot. So no way the rookie is anywhere near what Marshall did. So worst there. Clady misses all offseason and I don't see him playing well early in season if at all. So big problems there. I'm still not sold the young interior oline ready yet. Could be some problems there.

Moreno is already hurt.

Our QB not great and we have a rookie. If things go bad you could see the rook play some which could be hard to watch in his first yr.

The defensive line has been revamped with old players other teams didn't want anymore. That could work. But more then likely one, or more of them doesn't work out or gets injured.

Then last yr I thought Bailey looked washed up. I know that is tough to hear and I love him also. But I think his days of being elite could be coming to an end. He falls into to be a normal player we lose another difference maker.

Then Doom going down just kills the one weapon we had in the front seven.

That coupled with Oakland getting better, Charger already better, IMO leaves us battling the other crap team, the queefs, for 2nd to last place.

cutthemdown
08-06-2010, 10:28 AM

Obviously our 2 best players being down is part of my prediction. Our offense doesn't scare anyone and the defense is average. That spells bad yr to me. Not sure what you see that makes you think they can compete.

Cito Pelon
As Elvis "The King" Presley said:

"Lord Almighty, I feel my tempature rising."

Chris
Guys if I have to I will play. Everyone calm down.

TheReverend
Most of that just a crap oline. They stunk last yr. None of the bkup OT were worth a crap, Kuper didn't play that great, the Center spot totally went south because Weigman just got too old.

With proper blocking almost any RB can pick up 3rd and less then 3 yrds. Sure some are special like Marcus Allen who seemed to be able to do it with no blocking.

Same personnel were at the top of the league the year before.

Cito Pelon
08-06-2010, 10:29 AM

You have a sarcasm smiley to go along with that?

cutthemdown
08-06-2010, 10:31 AM

I agree. I've watched enough football to know that this team too young at key spots, has too many injuries, to be expected to win anything more then 6-7 games. I felt a lot better about last yr. This yr we may be better against the run upfront but even that probably wears down when the old guys get worn out.

It's cool for people to be optimistic though. Not like Kaylore and I won't be cheering if they win. Just not expecting it. The signs all point to a bad yr.

Hell after this yr Mcdaniliels probably will be on the hot seat. It could be that bad.

Taco John
08-06-2010, 10:32 AM
The Curse of Shanahan

Miss I.
I believe this is all Brian Griese's fault.

Regarding this thread: Geezus, we haven't hit an iceberg and sunk an indestructible ship. Calm the hell down. Right now you sound like English soccer fans. (no offense to my Brit friends, but man do the English cry and pout when they lose).

Taco John
Or is it Cutler? Or Marshall...

Oy vey.

Rabb
08-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Or is it Cutler? Or Marshall...

Oy vey.

http://themilehighsalute.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/peytonhillis.jpg

prodigalson139
08-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Jarvis Moss has a broken bone in his right hand - per Josina Fox 31

The hits keep coming

http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/20486144718

Houshyamama
I'm going to bump this thread when we're 6-2.

****ing pansies, stop your whining.

The MVPlaya
MaxBroncos
RT @JosinaAnderson: Fox31Alert: Sources: Broncos LB Jarvis Moss has a broken bone in his right hand. Walked off field abt 10am during prax.

Captain 'Dre

"Just yet"?!? Ha!

Where'd ya get that PhD in Offering Encouragement? Ha! Ha!

diehardbroncosfan
08-06-2010, 10:38 AM
"This is getting ridiculous. Jarvis Moss clutching his hand on way to training room and Chris Kuper limping right behind him."

from Vic Lombardis twitter

At this point we'll be lucky to field a team. Anyone got Keannu Reeve's number? I've heard he's a pretty good quarterback when playing with a bunch of scrubs.

Tombstone RJ
08-06-2010, 10:39 AM

:kiss: You Rock!

diehardbroncosfan
08-06-2010, 10:40 AM
MaxBroncos
RT @JosinaAnderson: Fox31Alert: Sources: Broncos LB Jarvis Moss has a broken bone in his right hand. Walked off field abt 10am during prax.

What exactly does that mean in terms of recovery time? Isn't it possible to play with a cast on your hand?

DenverBroncosJM
08-06-2010, 10:41 AM
He can play then.

Put a cast on it and he is out of the cast by week 2. Maybe he can add a club move to his arsenal.

kupesdad
08-06-2010, 10:42 AM

Chris is OK...I just talked to him, someone rolled up on him and his ankle rolled to the inside (pronate?) but he was in the trainers room getting treatment and told me it was like last years ankle so he should be fine.

I should have said it WASN'T like last years ankle

diehardbroncosfan
08-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Chris is OK...I just talked to him, someone rolled up on him and his ankle rolled to the inside (pronate?) but he was in the trainers room getting treatment and told me it was like last years ankle so he should be fine.

That's great to hear!

Eldorado
08-06-2010, 10:43 AM

Thanks kupe!!

The MVPlaya
08-06-2010, 10:44 AM
What exactly does that mean in terms of recovery time? Isn't it possible to play with a cast on your hand?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Rc54b6q_8HVmaM:http://images.sympatico.ca/images/Feeds/cp/football/f081648A.jpg&t=1

http://coloradosportsdesk.com/wp/wp-content/broncos-training-camp-day-13-brian-dawkins.jpg

http://www.mckenziebanner.com/2005/2005photos/feature_willis_club.jpg

Patrick Willis

Popps
08-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Keep the faith.

Was it over when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor??

Tombstone RJ
08-06-2010, 10:45 AM
I agree. I've watched enough football to know that this team too young at key spots, has too many injuries, to be expected to win anything more then 6-7 games. I felt a lot better about last yr. This yr we may be better against the run upfront but even that probably wears down when the old guys get worn out.

It's cool for people to be optimistic though. Not like Kaylore and I won't be cheering if they win. Just not expecting it. The signs all point to a bad yr.

Hell after this yr Mcdaniliels probably will be on the hot seat. It could be that bad.

Dude, the season hasn't even started yet and what goes around comes around. Injuries happen and then guys get healthy and come back. I think all this doom and gloom (yes, pun intended ;D) is just a bunch of piling on.

diehardbroncosfan
Keep the faith.

Uh, I think that was Japan...

TheReverend
Keep the faith.

No! We stormed the Japanese on the rocky mountains of Normandy!

kupesdad
08-06-2010, 10:46 AM

Chris played with 2 casts the year before last and it actually made his footwork better...that was the year he had 0 sacks against him

TheReverend

That's the joke, dude.

BowlenBall
If Moss is out, then we'll definitely need to sign at least one (if not two) OLB/DE-hybrid street free agents.

Time to give Adalius Thomas a call....

Popps
Look, we have no idea if Moss is even going to make the team. Hope he turns productive, but him being out a few weeks isn't going to kill the team.

Dumervil? Yes, that's brutal.

Kuper would have been brutal.

But, relax, folks. Teams have overcome injuries before.

Tombstone RJ

Forget it, he's on a roll...

Popps
08-06-2010, 10:47 AM

Oh boy.

Not sure what's sadder... you thinking I was serious, or you not knowing where the quote came from.

The MVPlaya
08-06-2010, 10:47 AM
BroncoTalk (http://twitter.com/BroncoTalk)
McDaniels said the #Broncos (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Broncos) won't be playing in pads tonight or tmrw morning, preparing for the Invesco practice Sat night.

BroncoLifer
08-06-2010, 10:48 AM

Forget it, he's rolling.

EDIT: Dang, beaten by Tombstone.

Popps
08-06-2010, 10:49 AM
If Moss is out, then we'll definitely need to sign at least one (if not two) OLB/DE-hybrid street free agents.

Time to give Adalius Thomas a call....

We need to sign someone, anyway. No question.

Sign someone, trade for someone... do something. We absolutely can't go into a season pinning our hopes on Jarvis Moss. I have all the best wishes for the kid, but a few weeks ago... we would have all doubted him to even make the roster.

diehardbroncosfan
08-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Look, we have no idea if Moss is even going to make the team. Hope he turns productive, but him being out a few weeks isn't going to kill the team.

I think it's pretty evident he's going to make the team since he's taken all of the first team reps at OLB since Doom's been out.

Popps
08-06-2010, 10:50 AM
That's the joke, dude.

http://www.boston.com/thingstodo/gotoit/animal_house.jpg

HEAV
08-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Recently signed wide receivers Patrick Carter and Britt Davis made their practice debuts while veteran receivers Brandon Stokley and Jabar Gaffney took the morning practice off.

Stockley and Gaffney practiced Thursday afternoon and likely will attend this afternoon's practice. The same scenario goes for Champ Bailey and Justin Bannan, who were also missing from morning practice.

Safety Brian Dawkins has not practiced since Wednesday and missed his fourth full practice this morning for undisclosed reasons.

Rookie wide receiver Demaryius Thomas stood out during the morning practice, extending his body to catch a few deep balls on his way to the end zone. He caught a pass from rookie teammate Tim Tebow that brought cheers from the big crowd watching this morning's practice.

Running back Lendale White, still learning Josh McDaniels' offensive system, received limited reps during team drills, but he managed to break a few big plays when he lined up in the backfield. He caught a pass out of the backfield from Kyle Orton and ran a few yards down the sideline. A few minutes later, he ran off tackle for a big gain. Bruce Hall received most of the carries at running back in the absence of injured Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter.

Trainers were looking at offensive linemen Chris Kuper, who appears to have suffered a right ankle injury. The trainers took off his shoe and Kuper likely will sit out this afternoon's practice.

This afternoon's practice is scheduled from 5:30-7:30 p.m.

Popps
08-06-2010, 10:51 AM
I think it's pretty evident he's going to make the team since he's taken all of the first team reps at OLB since Doom's been out.

Hopefully.

But, it's camp. Guys move around in the depth chart. Optimism runs high and we often hear about guys having great camps who don't pan out.

I'm as optimistic as you'll find here... I'm just saying there's no possible way we can go into the season with this guy slated as a starter. We need other options.

diehardbroncosfan
08-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Oh boy.

Not sure what's sadder... you thinking I was serious, or you not knowing where the quote came from.

It is pretty amazing I've managed to go all of these years without seeing Animal House. I should probably get on that.

2KBack
08-06-2010, 10:52 AM
We need to sign someone, anyway. No question.

Sign someone, trade for someone... do something. We absolutely can't go into a season pinning our hopes on Jarvis Moss. I have all the best wishes for the kid, but a few weeks ago... we would have all doubted him to even make the roster.

I think Florida and I would beg to differ. I've always argued that he needed far more time to develop due to his staph infection followed by injured first season.

I know people seem to hate him, but I feel he is a freak athlete that needed more time due to circumstances.

IHaveALight
08-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Even with the injury's this year’s team >> last year’s team.
The D is going to be solid.
Orton will be improved.
Special teams should be improved at the punter and returner positions
TT will add a dimension that will be tough for other teams to stop.
I’m still counting on 11 wins. 10 at the least.

http://jonestein.mlblogs.com/optimism.jpg
Have a sip

Rabb
08-06-2010, 10:54 AM
It is pretty amazing I've managed to go all of these years without seeing Animal House. I should probably get on that.

if this isn't ban worthy, I am not sure what is

Cito Pelon

Hysteria has a life of its own. There's no telling when it will die. There's no hard rules to it, but eventually they'll exhaust themselves.

Meck77
Dude, the season hasn't even started yet and what goes around comes around. Injuries happen and then guys get healthy and come back. I think all this doom and gloom (yes, pun intended ;D) is just a bunch of piling on.

Even when there were a couple hundred people on the Mane it was the same thing. Nothing has changed except there are 8,000+ registered members now.

BTW....I need a pair for Omane Weekend. Paying 40 cents on the dollar though. Drop me a pm. I won't tell anyone.

I'm greatful we have people like Kupesdad here to keep the drama queens grounded.

DarkHorse
08-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Did the Broncos forfeit the season or just the O'maners?

uplink
08-06-2010, 11:00 AM
No! We stormed the Japanese on the rocky mountains of Normandy!

It wasn't mountains, the Japanese like to grow these mini trees -- the art of Bonsai. So part of their coastal defense was growing the hedge rows at Normandy. It was artistic and effective to some degree at first.

BowlenBall
08-06-2010, 11:00 AM
I think Florida and I would beg to differ. I've always argued that he needed far more time to develop due to his staph infection followed by injured first season.

I know people seem to hate him, but I feel he is a freak athlete that needed more time due to circumstances.

Ladies and gentlemen, the last Jarvis Moss fan in captivity....

Meck77
08-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Did the Broncos forfeit the season or just the O'maners?

The good news Darkhorse is that there are very few actual season ticket holders on the mane. Less than 20 that I know of. Maybe 50 if you even count the lurkers. That leaves 77,000 people who will still go to the games. :thumbs:

uplink
08-06-2010, 11:02 AM
The injury bugs is also hitting the fans too. I sprained my index finger posting a message. Will be out for a few hours getting it looked at.

Beantown Bronco
08-06-2010, 11:05 AM
The trainers haven't been this busy since the last time Boss Bailey put on a Broncos uniform.

Tombstone RJ
08-06-2010, 11:07 AM
The injury bugs is also hitting the fans too. I sprained my index finger posting a message. Will be out for a few hours getting it looked at.

Dude, just type it off...

Cito Pelon
08-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Good Lord, we haven't seen the team play a single snap. Relax, let it play out a little bit. I guess some people just have to teeter on the edge of suicide to get a jolt. I guess that's ok to get your jollies, but do you have to slit your wrists for all the rest of us to see? Is that part of your twisted personalities? J/K a little bit. Relax.

Miss I.
08-06-2010, 11:17 AM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBKnmQ-P7lsXpi5NP2Wnsc4gviq6lNvRVIjBTyi5wtmoxXa4s&t=1&usg=__L1wsp-f5-It9T9IewhrugqCJkUs=
;D

MABroncoFan
08-06-2010, 11:19 AM
I read the story on the Denver Post. Sounds like he'll probably have surgery, miss 2 weeks of practice, then return w/ a cast to practice and play after that.

Who's running w/ the 1's now ... Ayers and Atkins or Kirlew? Got to bring in someone at least for depth.

Malcontent
08-06-2010, 11:20 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15695260

Rohirrim
08-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Damn. Looks like I better start looking through the closets to try and find my old helmet.

2KBack
08-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, the last Jarvis Moss fan in captivity....

luckily I'm rather soft spoken on the mane, which means if I'm wrong everyone will forget. If I'm right, I get to toot my own horn a bit.

Cito Pelon
08-06-2010, 11:23 AM
I have to say as an aside The Mane is still the best Bronco board. Without a doubt. On the other boards long ago we would have heard some pansies complaining about the roughousing and god forbid foul language.

Requiem
08-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Injuries are a part of the game, but it is understandable to see people concerned. Dumervil is probably for most of the year, if not all of it. Jarvis, although really inexperienced, was expected to fill a decent roll with Elvis' vacancy -- and now he is hurt. We can have high hopes for Ayers, but he still has a lot to prove and the depth at OLB behind these guys is even more concerning.

Glad to hear that Kuper's ankle was rolled -- with the possibility of two rookies already starting on the interior, Clady and Harris coming back from injury; the last thing we needed was Kuper missing time.

Hulamau
08-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Talk about Mangina's!! ... some of you guys need to MAN the hell up! Id hate to have to jump in a fox hole with some of the nervous nellies here.

Yeah we've had some crap bad luck so far. Maybe its about over and we start gradually getting the guys back. Too bad about Mckinley but with Willis lighting it up he was probably going to draw the short straw this year anyway. Barrett too was a decent special teamer but not irreplacable by any means.

Knowshon and Buck should both be back and running by game 1 though it may take a couple games for Moreno to be back at top speed. Clady is the big question now. Here's hoping he is back by game two . I dont expect to see Doom at all this year which is a terrible blow, but the rest of our D is much improved and they will compensate to a decent degree.

The new BIG d-line with Jamal, Green and Bannen and the second year for guys like McBean and Fields, Baker in rotation will mean a big jump in improvement in the over all D and the run game in particular.

McD and Wink will have to get creative to help offset some of Dooms lost production but Ayers, Moss and Haggan now really have to step up and work together to pressure the QB .. and we'll see selective use of the 4-3 to compensate some too.

I look for early struggles and a much stronger finish this year. A refreshing flip-side from the last years of starting out like gang busters then fading fast. Of course we are not likley to go deep in the playoffs, we do have a lot of young guys at key positions,

The problem is, its likely the large and apparently growing nervous nelly portion of the fan base will have to have portable cardiac defibrillators attached to survive the first half of the year. And no doubt the 'Doom and Goons' squad like Jhns and Lost in Space etc will be mistaken for rabid dogs with the froth of their disdain and vile hatred of 'all things Josh' pouring out of their mouths and keyboards on overload with every difficult game.

Even like Shanny said two weeks ago in talking about the Broncos, 'Josh just needs time to get the guys he needs to fit his system and philosophy and get them up to speed'. and in saying that he was speaking of himself too in Washington.

We are in rebuilding mode. Losing key guys on top of it truly sucks donkey balls, but this can and will still very much be a fun year to watch!

Look for improved play in the second half of the year as the Oline stiffens and the new WRs start to get more comfortable with the speed of the game ... Tebow too in what will likely be a significant role, particuarly if the line struggles more in pass protection early.

At this point, it looks like only Doom among the significant players is going to miss significant time, so its still premature for all the chicken little's out there to start having their monthly panic attacks quite yet.

Requiem
08-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Great post, Hulamalu.

The more people we lose in sacrifice, the stronger Tebow gets.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-06-2010, 11:33 AM
While few are among the "big names" injured on the Broncos, plenty of teams have suffered their share of losing depth already in camp.

Hulamau
08-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Great post, Hulamalu.

I'm as pissed off as anyone else at the injuries so far but I only see one so far .. maybe two ... that is for sure going to have a big impact on the season at this point. Doom and perhaps Clady depending on when we get him back.

I understand the concern and feeling down about it, but I see a lot of over reaction for it being still only the first week of training camp too. If was goign t ohappen better now than the last week before the season starts.

We have time to get most everyone back on board.

worm
08-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Requiem
08-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I feel you. Everybody is getting down -- but there is still a lot to be excited for. Elvis is really the only big named guy. Moreno will be back. Hopefully Clady can be up to speed when the season starts too. When Ayers ends up getting 10+ sacks this year, all this worrying will be for not. :D

Los Broncos
08-06-2010, 11:42 AM

Hilarious!

Cito Pelon
08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Talk about Mangina's!! ... some of you guys need to MAN the hell up! Id hate to have to jump in a fox hole with some of the nervous nellies here. . . . . . .so its still premature for all the chicken little's out there to start having their monthly panic attacks quite yet.

No kidding. Packing the bags up and waving goodbye leaving others to hoist the flag disgusts me.

Rohirrim
Be nice if Jamal could pass the physical. :rofl:

Man-Goblin
While few are among the "big names" injured on the Broncos, plenty of teams have suffered their share of losing depth already in camp.

Like?

It's bleak, man. I never lose faith in this team, but like someone said yesterday, it's pretty damn difficult to get excited about the upcoming season when every single practice has essentially turned into a triage.

I assume I'll eventually talk myself into this team mattering this year like I always do, but right now it's tough.

gyldenlove
08-06-2010, 11:44 AM
I haven't seen this much whining since I stopped punting kids at the mall.

Hulamau
08-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Great post, Hulamalu.

We have to appease the Gods some how and make way for the second coming of The Duke. ;D

Rohirrim
08-06-2010, 11:46 AM

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/2006/0721/9554549_240X180.jpg
WTF?

Florida_Bronco
08-06-2010, 11:46 AM

Yep. You could make pretty sound arguments that his health and working under Jacob Burney/Bob Slowik stunted his growth signifcantly. Now the kid has spent time under some well respected coaches (Nolan, Wink, Nunnely) and has apparently gained weight. This is his chance to prove his defenders right.

Rohirrim
08-06-2010, 11:47 AM
We have to appease the Gods some how and make way for the second coming of The Duke. ;D

I'm telling ya. It's the feng shui at Dove Valley. It's all ****ed up.

Cito Pelon
08-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Like?

It's bleak, man. I never lose faith in this team, but like someone said yesterday, it's pretty damn difficult to get excited about the upcoming season when every single practice has essentially turned into a triage.

I assume I'll eventually talk myself into this team mattering this year like I always do, but right now it's tough.

If Floyd Little was standing next to you when you posted that, he'd knock your teeth out.

Hulamau
08-06-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm telling ya. It's the feng shui at Dove Valley. It's all ****ed up.

Its time we all petition Zeus to unleash the Kraken as a free agent OLB to replace Doom.

loborugger
08-06-2010, 12:01 PM

Oh, so you missed the gutless drunks last year?

boppool
08-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Anybody got Tim Crowder's phone number?

I'm on Year 4 with the Broncos on Madden 09 and both Crowder and Moss have made Pro Bowls in 4 seasons...

p.s. I'm too cheap to buy new Madden every year ;)

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Like?

I was just skimming through some of the coverage of other camps and was reading about a number of kids down with ACLs, sprains, etc. Living here in Dallas, we've seen Dez down 4-6 and now Marcus Spears about the same. And this is only in the first real week. There's a lot more to come, both in Denver and elsewhere.

Rock Chalk
08-06-2010, 12:09 PM
The trainers haven't been this busy since the last time Boss Bailey put on a Broncos uniform.

Zing!

Malcontent
08-06-2010, 12:09 PM

:rofl:

Rock Chalk
08-06-2010, 12:10 PM

Airplane.

Classic.

Black96WS6
08-06-2010, 12:13 PM
I was just skimming through some of the coverage of other camps and was reading about a number of kids down with ACLs, sprains, etc. Living here in Dallas, we've seen Dez down 4-6 and now Marcus Spears about the same. And this is only in the first real week. There's a lot more to come, both in Denver and elsewhere.

It really makes you think an 18 game season is such a bad idea!

Meck77
08-06-2010, 12:13 PM

I have. It was the 2006 season where we "won ugly" all the way to the AFC championship game. If we could go back to see the posts in August of 2006 there was just as much doom and gloom as there in here right now.

Same people....different season.....

orange skier
08-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Cleveland: Elway to Studdard (or Zimmerman): we've got them right where we want them......

bronco militia
08-06-2010, 12:58 PM

pow pow!

snowspot66
08-06-2010, 01:45 PM
I have. It was the 2006 season where we "won ugly" all the way to the AFC championship game. If we could go back to see the posts in August of 2006 there was just as much doom and gloom as there in here right now.

Same people....different season.....

2005 was AFCCG. 2006 sure was ugly though.

I would love to win that many games "ugly" again.

24champ
08-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Broncos have put together a decent squad, but the problem is once injuries pile up, it shows the weak depth the Broncos have.

I don't believe Tebow is ready, and like with Cutler. I am firmly against starting Tebow this year. Some situational plays for Tebow and that is it.

Cito Pelon
08-06-2010, 02:02 PM
I figure the season can still be won. I'm not calling it quits, period. I like to approach everything with the attitude, "Attack at all times, and let the chips fall where they may."

Concomitant with that attitude is "you win some and you lose some." But nevertheless, you have a good time competing along the way.

Mogulseeker
08-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Keep going.

Yes.

This is rebuild, Part II: the Rise.

I expect the Broncos to win 9-11 games this year, 10-12 next year, and at the rate we're going, be Super Bowl contenders by week 3 - I'm an optimist, but I like McD.

I'm all for working the players rough this year and getting them ready for the long haul.

Cito Pelon
08-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Yes.

This is rebuild, Part II: the Rise.

I expect the Broncos to win 9-11 games this year, 10-12 next year, and at the rate we're going, be Super Bowl contenders by week 3 - I'm an optimist, but I like McD.

I'm all for working the players rough this year and getting them ready for the long haul.

Burger Bill Williamson just picked the Broncs to be last in the AFC West. Typical stuff, too many injuries to overcome, etc. I'm not buying.

It's way too early to call the season one way or the other.

Mogulseeker
08-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Burger Bill Williamson just picked the Broncs to be last in the AFC West. Typical stuff, too many injuries to overcome, etc. I'm not buying.

It's way too early to call the season one way or the other.

He picked us to finish last the prior season too.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Sounds like Williamson has been hanging out with Clayton too much.

Requiem
08-06-2010, 03:45 PM
That didn't work.

Sassy
08-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Hmmm we need a poll...which Bronco will be hurt next...and will it be contact or non-contact! :(

TheReverend
08-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Anybody got Tim Crowder's phone number?

I'm on Year 4 with the Broncos on Madden 09 and both Crowder and Moss have made Pro Bowls in 4 seasons...

p.s. I'm too cheap to buy new Madden every year ;)

He's a starter for Tampa

Captain 'Dre
08-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Keep the faith.

I thought the Germans attacked Pearl Bailey?!?!? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/bosefus69/shrug.gif

ZONA
08-06-2010, 05:40 PM
keep going.

Those that survive to the season will be ****ing spartans.

love it

ZONA
08-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Nobody is throwing in the towel just yet but with every major injury, our draft location next year keeps going up. At this rate, by game 2 we should be locked in for the #1 overall pick, with half the starters out.

FireFly
08-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Keep going.

QFT :thumbs:

The MVPlaya
08-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Colts' Charlie Johnson, Andy Alleman carted off with injuries

The Indianapolis Colts suffered two injuries on the offensive line in today's practice.

Phillip B. Wilson of the Indianapolis Star reports that offensive tackle Charlie Johnson and guard Andy Alleman were both carted off the field with leg or foot injuries.

There's no immediate word about the severity of the injuries. Colts coach Jim Caldwell said he will provide more information about the injuries on Saturday.

Johnson is the Colts' starting left tackle, so losing him for any significant period of time would be a tough blow to the Colts' offense. Alleman, who started three games for the Chiefs last year, was signed by the Colts in the offseason.

Homer Simpson
08-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Colts' Charlie Johnson, Andy Alleman carted off with injuries

The Indianapolis Colts suffered two injuries on the offensive line in today's practice.

Phillip B. Wilson of the Indianapolis Star reports that offensive tackle Charlie Johnson and guard Andy Alleman were both carted off the field with leg or foot injuries.

There's no immediate word about the severity of the injuries. Colts coach Jim Caldwell said he will provide more information about the injuries on Saturday.

Johnson is the Colts' starting left tackle, so losing him for any significant period of time would be a tough blow to the Colts' offense. Alleman, who started three games for the Chiefs last year, was signed by the Colts in the offseason.

Caldwell is tearing that team apart!! The team left Balt-I mean Indianapolis when Dungy left!!

Rohirrim
08-06-2010, 08:24 PM
The Germans attacked Pearl Jam.