PDA

View Full Version : We're Totally SCREWED!!!! [insert reason]

Que
08-05-2010, 04:10 PM
It is about that time.. Might as well start one of these for the season.

Reason #1: We're DOOMED without DOOM. OMG! Why God? Why?!?!?!

broncocalijohn
08-05-2010, 04:13 PM
We have "fans" like JHNS and lostknight. You meant screwed on the Orange Mane and not the football field, correct ?

The MVPlaya
08-05-2010, 04:20 PM
People like JHNS, lostknight, mock, etc are not fans. They're no different than a troll from KC or OAK, if anything, they're worse.

Just clearing the air.

BroncoSojia
08-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Eh before these injuries I didn't think we would be any good this year (unproven rookies on the oline and WR, lack of overall youth on D, QB situation up in the air)

I had us at 8-6 wins before the slew of injuries, now it's about 4-6. Let's face it, we are in a rebuilding year.

BMarsh615
08-05-2010, 04:21 PM
I had us at 8-6 wins before the slew of injuries, now it's about 4-6. Let's face it, we are in a rebuilding year.

We have the 8th easiest schedule in the NFL. 8 wins is our floor.

Los Broncos
08-05-2010, 04:25 PM
It looks bleek but we haven't even played one pre season game.

Lets see how it plays out, I say we have or had an outside shot at the playoffs.

Just let it ride and see what happens.

HILife
08-05-2010, 04:27 PM
The sky is falling!!!

WWIII is about to start!!!

I have really bad gas!!!!!!!

EVERYTHING is McDouche's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this thread.

ColoradoDarin
08-05-2010, 04:32 PM
During the 3rd game of the preseason in 1999, the Rams had their starting QB go out for the year with an injury. An unknown, unproven backup came into play - Kurt Warner. I bet a lot of their fans thought they were screwed after Trent Green went down.

Go Broncos!

:lombardi:

Br0nc0Buster
08-05-2010, 04:37 PM
eh before last year I seem to recall most of the media picking us for a top 5 pick after the season
I remember John Clayton saying we were like "an expansion team"

We wont suck
may not be playoff caliber, but we wont suck

Rohirrim
08-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Nazis on Velociraptors!!! Yikes!

Chris
08-05-2010, 04:40 PM
I am screwing right now.

dbfan4life
08-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Like someone said in another thread, we should all invest in a liquor / beer company. It's going to be a long season. We have no chance. We're fielding a JV team. We're done. Don't try to convince me that we haven't played a down of football yet this season. In my head, it's already over. Simulate season and move on the the next.

HAT
08-05-2010, 04:49 PM
eh before last year I seem to recall most of the media picking us for a top 5 pick after the season
I remember John Clayton saying we were like "an expansion team"

Ah, memories! I was ridiculed up and down around here for claiming that Denver's pick via Chicago would be better than the one they sent to Seattle. :strong:

This team has too much going for it to regress.

Chris
08-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Some of you are acting very French.

DarkHorse30
08-05-2010, 04:58 PM
buncha crybabies. W-L predictions mean nothing to me. I just want some football.

Too bad about Dume, but this is football after all.

BroncoMatt
08-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Let's just chug our way down to mamby pambyland and get some confidence you jackwagon.

Season isn't over, hasn't even started yet

Tombstone RJ
08-05-2010, 05:20 PM
What season? You mean Denver has an NFL team? Seriously? I could have sworn the franchise left with Mike Shanahan...

Hogan11
08-05-2010, 05:23 PM
What season? You mean Denver has an NFL team? Seriously? I could have sworn the franchise left with Mike Shanahan...

Unfortunately for some........it actually did.

Why they continue to hang around these parts, I have no idea.

Sassy
08-05-2010, 05:24 PM
For all of those who have given up for this year...can I have your tickets ;D

Hogan11
08-05-2010, 05:25 PM
http://www.plowsunlimited.com/images/lawn/gunny.jpg

Let's just chug our way down to mamby pambyland and get some confidence you jackwagon.

HAT
08-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Unfortunately for some........it actually did.

Why they continue to hang around these parts, I have no idea.

Especially since they have so many teams to choose from:

Chicago, Washington, Miami, Cleveland, Detroit.....

IHaveALight
08-05-2010, 05:31 PM
It's all Kaylore's fault. The players are all full of anxiety with him not around this year. I'm pretty sure Elvis got over excited since Kaylore was there yesterday then once he left Elvis' emotions were all out of whack causing him to over exert on Polumbus. :ban: :yep:

Popps
08-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Look at it this way, Mock will be happy.

Favre comes back... the Broncos struggle... win/win for him.

TheChamp24
08-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Honestly, I don't like our chances a whole lot this year.
We have a bunch of new players on the lines, that will cause some growing pains. Not just talking about rookies, but guys coming over seem to take time to adjust to a new team.
Our receiving threats are basically a bunch of role players/unproven guys. Gaffney, Lloyd, Quinn, Graham, Royal, Stokley, Thomas, etc.
Our main RB had an injury that could linger all season and limit his effectiveness. Our main backup had an injury as well, so we sign someone who will be suspended 4 games to start the year.
I worry about our OL this year, with Clady's injury and starting a couple rookies. I think its going to be tough to watch the offense this year, we might not see good things til later in the year to be honest.
I'm seeing at best, right now going on what I hear and what I know of how we played last year, 9-7.

go_broncos
08-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Irrespective of injuries. Mcd has to prove that he can coach NFL Players.
According to me me, he is fit to coach college player's.

We need to be in playoff's within couple of seasons.Otherwise, Mcd will be fired.

Dumerville loss is not that big compared to Marshall. Marshall is our offense last year.
We don't have number 1 receiver and we can't trust Demaryius as he is a rookie.

Drafting Tebow is a joke..he was just picked to keep fans interested and buy more tickets.

To me, Mcd is facing these injury bug because of the way he treated Hillis, Marshall and other player's. He is a Physco. I compare him to Lane Kiffin.
All hype and no substance.

Tombstone RJ
08-05-2010, 06:13 PM

We need to be in playoff's within couple of seasons.Otherwise, Mcd will be fired.

Dumerville loss is not that big compared to Marshall. Marshall is our offense last year.

Drafting Tebow is a joke..he was just picked to keep fans interested and buy more tickets.

To me, Mcd is facing these injury bug because of the way he treated Hillis, Marshall and other player's. He is a Physco. I compare him to Lane Kiffin. All hype and no substance.

Seriously?

SoDak Bronco
08-05-2010, 06:14 PM
we are screwed this season because Clady and Doom are both are best players and won't playing or at their best this season.

Tombstone RJ
08-05-2010, 06:17 PM
we are screwed this season because Clady and Doom are both are best players and won't playing or at their best this season.

There's certainly a possibility that these two won't be 100% for the entire season after they return, but it's way too early to say the season is lost. Besides, it's not like all the other teams are going to be 100% completely healthy either. The injury bug can affect every team, no?

WolfpackGuy
08-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Better get that record setting offense in gear.

yerner
08-05-2010, 06:43 PM
People like JHNS, lostknight, mock, etc are not fans. They're no different than a troll from KC or OAK, if anything, they're worse.

Just clearing the air.

Man, you're a huge fan.

BroncoSojia
08-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Better get that record setting offense in gear.

:giggle:

listopencil
08-05-2010, 07:08 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/aequitas3/Accept_It.jpg

gunns
08-05-2010, 07:44 PM
SCREWED?

Does this include Eric Decker?

loborugger
08-05-2010, 07:51 PM
SCREWED?

Only for you. I will pass. In fact, you can have my turn. That oughta bring a smile to your face.

extralife
08-05-2010, 07:51 PM
the best part about this thread is that it is only 10% people complaining and 90% people complaining about non existent complaints.

jbones733
08-05-2010, 08:07 PM
3-13

broncowill
08-05-2010, 11:56 PM
last year after we lost cutler everyone predicted us to be one of the worst teams in the nfl. once we started 6 and o everyone started thinking playoffs and then we went 2 and 8. you just cant make predictions because thier are teams that rise and fall every year.

dumerville is a big blow to the team but he is one player. although i would love to have him around and can be a difference maker one player doesnt translate that much into wins and losses

watermock
08-06-2010, 12:05 AM
10-6 is what the idiots claimed.

It's funny.

watermock
08-06-2010, 12:11 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qiSkyEyBczU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qiSkyEyBczU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>/.

Cito Pelon
08-06-2010, 08:04 AM

To me, Mcd is facing these injury bug because of the way he treated Hillis, Marshall and other player's. He is a Physco. I compare him to Lane Kiffin.
All hype and no substance.

I have to say, that was pretty funny. Maybe not intended to be so, but nevertheless . . . .

Cito Pelon
08-06-2010, 08:10 AM
SCREWED?

Ha! BTW, Decker was on the radio this AM, said he's at 215 lbs of solid muscle. Said the foot was "sore but manageable". So you may still be able to chase him down. After that he'll give you a good licking, so to speak.

Que
08-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Why?!? Oh why?!?!?http://c.complex.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/brady_kerrigan.jpg

broncocalijohn
08-06-2010, 02:46 PM
During the 3rd game of the preseason in 1999, the Rams had their starting QB go out for the year with an injury. An unknown, unproven backup came into play - Kurt Warner. I bet a lot of their fans thought they were screwed after Trent Green went down.

Go Broncos!

:lombardi:

Dont ever compare Warner to the rookie Tebow. Warner believes in Jesus Christ. Tebow is... well, you know.

jhns
08-06-2010, 02:58 PM

Just clearing the air.

LOL

No, we are the real fans. We are the ones that want what is best for the team. The rest of you are sheep. You would support cancer as long as the Broncos have it. It doesn't matter to you that it is killing the team, it has to be supported....

In reality, we are just as good of fans. We just have the ability to think for ourselves. You just tow the company line because you are weak minded.

jhns
08-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Injuries are not an excuse. We have a very small fraction of the injuries Shanahans team had as it went 8-8 the year before McDaniels took over. It is funny to see how much crap is talked about that team being horrible as people are already making excuses for this one...

In reality, we are screwed because McDaniels is the coach and we are likely going to start Kyle Orton again. They are going to need to improve a ton on last year if we are going to have a shot at anything this year.

DivineBronco
08-06-2010, 06:21 PM
didn't want to start a new thread for this question and it may get lost here....but for the sake of argument if we end up with a high pick......would this be the year that a new rookie wage scale would be put in place or even if it passed would that be in two drafts?

CEH
08-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Injuries are not an excuse. We have a very small fraction of the injuries Shanahans team had as it went 8-8 the year before McDaniels took over. It is funny to see how much crap is talked about that team being horrible as people are already making excuses for this one...

In reality, we are screwed because McDaniels is the coach and we are likely going to start Kyle Orton again. They are going to need to improve a ton on last year if we are going to have a shot at anything this year.

This is where Xanders needs to make his money. He is responsible for pro personel . Goodmans did a pretty good job in '08 fighitng the RB injury bug.

I think this season will be more about the drafts the last two years and whether is FO McD in paticular can evaulate talent

8 1st or 2nd round picks the last 2 years need to contribute now not 3 years from now. Thats twice as many top 64 players than most teams get to choose from.