PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com Broncos Training Camp article

crush17
08-05-2010, 10:52 AM
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d81986870/article/a-lost-fact-in-tebowmania-ortons-still-the-guy-in-denver?module=HP_cp2

Don't want to post in here, too long.

gyldenlove
08-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I am looking forward to seeing Orton this year, this will really indicate just how Mcdaniels sytem works, he won't have Marshall to target down like last year so he has to be more aware, but he also has a years worth of experience and some good starting time.

Rabb
08-05-2010, 11:03 AM
I am looking forward to seeing Orton this year, this will really indicate just how Mcdaniels sytem works, he won't have Marshall to target down like last year so he has to be more aware, but he also has a years worth of experience and some good starting time.

exactly how I feel

2KBack
08-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Orton in his second year is really one of the stories of this season that I am most excited to see play out. I wouldn't mind having a Brees/Rivers scenario with Orton and Tebow.

Rohirrim
08-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Strange to think that when the season starts, the strength of this team might just be the receiver corps.

randomtask
08-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Strange to think that when the season starts, the strength of this team might just be the receiver corps.

That's an incredibly depressing thought. Ughh...

Though from what I've been hearing from TC, the D-line could very well be exceptional this year. Though it could just be because they're facing our o-line. Who knows?

Rabb
08-05-2010, 12:06 PM
That's an incredibly depressing thought. Ughh...

Though from what I've been hearing from TC, the D-line could very well be exceptional this year. Though it could just be because they're facing our o-line. Who knows?

the D is always...always...ahead of the O in training camp to begin with

Hogan11
08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Brady Quinn, acquired during the offseason from the Cleveland Browns, has looked impressive during workouts.

Other than U29...this is not what our people have been saying in their camp reports

2KBack
08-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Other than U29...this is not what our people have been saying in their camp reports

it does say workouts. We know the guy can at least work out

Hogan11
08-05-2010, 12:24 PM
it does say workouts. We know the guy can at least work out

True, but there are times when I wonder if the fascination with Tebow isn't selling the assessment of the other two QB's short. In Quinn's case, how else to explain the majority of outside reports finding the guy impressive whilst most of our guys are underwhelmed with his performance thus far?

2KBack
08-05-2010, 12:33 PM
True, but there are times when I wonder if the fascination with Tebow isn't selling the assessment of the other two QB's short. In Quinn's case, how else to explain the majority of outside reports finding the guy impressive whilst most of our guys are underwhelmed with his performance thus far?

I'm sure the Tebow wow factor plays into it. So far even our own guys for the most part have said that each QB is playing to his position. Orton has been the clear #1, Quinn #2, and Tebow#3. Tebow being Tebow I guess has really elevated the exposure of 3rd string QB's, making Quinn the odd guy out in reports.