PDA

View Full Version : UFC fighter KO in the street

i4jelway7
08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
this dude straight knocked a girl out and ufc fighter Roger Huerta KO's him in the street

from tmz.com

27-year-old Huerta -- who was once featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated -- was in front of a bar in Austin around 2 AM on Saturday morning ... when some other people began fighting. Roger was near the scuffle ... when he saw one of the men involved punch a female who was standing near the ruckus.

Once Huerta sees the woman collapse to the ground -- he instantly tries to confront the attacker saying, "You just punched a f**kin' girl."

Moments later, Huerta takes off his shirt ... slams his hat to the ground ... and rushes after the man.

Chaos ensues and people scramble after the fighters, blocking the camera -- but seconds later ... a shirtless Huerta can be seen finishing his attack on the other man ... who is sprawled out on the street.

People rush in to aid the bloody man on the ground -- who eventually gets off the pavement -- as Huerta walks away from the battle ground.

Austin PD tells TMZ that officers were called to the scene -- but so far, no arrests have been made.

Huerta's manager tells us, "I have not spoken to Roger yet about this incident, but I can say that it's in his nature to be very protective of women."

video (video is not great and it is hard to figure out whats going on)
http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=06122435-fea9-4358-91eb-330a87db4f24

story
http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/04/ex-ufc-star-in-bloody-street-fight-roger-huerta-austin-texas-video/

crush17
08-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Clusterf*ck.

Jay3
08-04-2010, 11:13 AM
That's what he gets. Every bully should ask himself "What would I do if somebody mightier than me got after me? What argument would have?"

Sure, the UFC guy greatly outclassed him as a fighter, and he should not abuse that power. But the first guy was probably way more at an advantage fighting than the girl he hit.

Basically, he found out what it would be like to live in a world where everybody did what he did. Golden Rule and all that.

FantomForce
08-04-2010, 11:17 AM
video was sh**

BMF Bronco
08-04-2010, 11:23 AM
dude deserved it

That One Guy
08-04-2010, 11:34 AM
video was sh**

Video made my brain almost explode trying to figure out what was happening and who went where.

I'll take everyone's word for what happened. I could've gotten more out of still pics.

hookemhess
08-04-2010, 11:39 AM
About 3 blocks from my house, ha!

I worked out next to this guy & his trainers at the Gold's Gym here in downtown Austin. Beast.

BMF Bronco
08-04-2010, 11:40 AM
About 3 blocks from my house, ha!

I worked out next to this guy & his trainers at the Gold's Gym here in downtown Austin. Beast.

which, the dude who got knocked the eff out or Huerta?

hookemhess
08-04-2010, 11:43 AM
which, the dude who got knocked the eff out or Huerta?

Huerta. He fights with the guys at Relson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, I think.

StugotsIII
08-04-2010, 11:46 AM
That's what he gets. Every bully should ask himself "What would I do if somebody mightier than me got after me? What argument would have?"

Sure, the UFC guy greatly outclassed him as a fighter, and he should not abuse that power. But the first guy was probably way more at an advantage fighting than the girl he hit.

Basically, he found out what it would be like to live in a world where everybody did what he did. Golden Rule and all that.

Bully?

Listen you dumb f**k, the black dude hit a broad...you don't do that...

The UFC fighter was sticking up for her.

Flex Gunmetal
08-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Bully?

Listen you dumb ****, the black dude hit a broad...you don't do that...

lol you are confused. Calm down and stop being a retard.

FISH
08-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Bully?

Ummm.....he was calling the black dude a bully....at least that what I got out of it. :)

Lev Vyvanse
08-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Bully?

I think you read that wrong.

crush17
08-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Bully?

lol

u mad?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j231/su94r/u-mad1.jpg

yerner
08-04-2010, 12:03 PM
That's a great video. Huerta is as tough as they come. I've never seen a man hit a woman like that. I'm glad he paid for it.

Houshyamama
08-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Bully?

http://www.donself.com/images/confused-baby.bmp

oubronco
08-04-2010, 12:24 PM
That was so cluster****ed up I couldn't see anything

Gcver2ver3
08-04-2010, 12:30 PM
i didn't see anything...

Jesterhole
08-04-2010, 12:34 PM
weak video, couldn't see **** except the girl get hit. Which pisses me off, because I'd love to see that dude that hit her get his ass raped by a cactus

Houshyamama
08-04-2010, 12:37 PM
weak video, couldn't see **** except the girl get hit. Which pisses me off, because I'd love to see that dude that hit her get his ass raped by a cactus

While I agree that should happen, I definitely don't want to see it.

That One Guy
08-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Bully?

Everyone else corrected you on your confusion. I just wanted to correct that second line for you. What you meant to say is: "The black human being hit a completely equal human being".

I don't know what their issues were but whether he was a guy or girl shouldn't have anything to do with it. Chivalry died when started lesbians taking over the planet. Equal protection, equal pay, equal respect, equal opportunities to get knocked the F out.

ZONA
08-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Once again, everybody jumps to conclusions without knowing the whole story. I'm not saying the dude that hit the chick in the back of the head was in the right because sucker punching anybody is weak. But we don't know what happened before that. That lady could of kicked him in the nuts or something. You just don't know. Now, I would never hard core flat out use my fist upside a ladies head, but if a chick did kick my in the nuts hard for a reason I thought was bull****, you bet I'd slap her damn hard across the face.

BMF Bronco
08-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Once again, everybody jumps to conclusions without knowing the whole story. I'm not saying the dude that hit the chick in the back of the head was in the right because sucker punching anybody is weak. But we don't know what happened before that. That lady could of kicked him in the nuts or something. You just don't know. Now, I would never hard core flat out use my fist upside a ladies head, but if a chick did kick my in the nuts hard for a reason I thought was bull****, you bet I'd slap her damn hard across the face.

It doesn't matter what happened before that, look at the size of the suckerpuncher, he's a big sumbitch, there is NO excuse in the world to do that to a chick. Now if a chick punched him in the face, and stood there and he punched her back, that may be justified, but not like that man.

Lev Vyvanse
08-04-2010, 01:16 PM

You are defending someone that sucker punched a girl. Thanks for sharing that you have no qualms about hitting females.

Ray Finkle
08-04-2010, 01:25 PM

you never hit a women....

That One Guy
08-04-2010, 01:27 PM

I only do if mine leaves the kitchen.

Wait.. is it acceptable for you to have a sexist approach but not for me?

ZachKC
08-04-2010, 01:30 PM

I am trying to think of any conceivable situation where I would sucker punch a girl in the back of the freaking head.

I am coming up short.

Pony Boy
08-04-2010, 01:35 PM
My question is where was Tebow when all this went down?

Ray Finkle
08-04-2010, 01:36 PM
i only do if mine leaves the kitchen.

Wait.. Is it acceptable for you to have a sexist approach but not for me?

:d

That One Guy
08-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I am trying to think of any conceivable situation where I would sucker punch a girl in the back of the freaking head.

I am coming up short.

Agreed. I wouldn't. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it though.

Equality, man! Give them equality already!

hookemhess
08-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Call me old fashioned or sexist, but I'm of the school of thought that [except to save someone's life] women are never to be hit.

extralife
08-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Everyone else corrected you on your confusion. I just wanted to correct that second line for you. What you meant to say is: "The black human being hit a completely equal human being".

I don't know what their issues were but whether he was a guy or girl shouldn't have anything to do with it. Chivalry died when started lesbians taking over the planet. Equal protection, equal pay, equal respect, equal opportunities to get knocked the F out.

quoting so your idiocy is preserved.

Chris
What if she is aiming a gun at you?

http://www.hotchickswithguns.com/files/hotchickwithguns/girl%20with%20gun%20wall%20attack.jpg

Jay3
Bully?

As pointed out by several others, you read my post wrong. The "bully" referred to in my post is the one who "hit a broad."

elsid13
08-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Wish there was better video of the second encounter, because that "bully" don't look so tough laying on his back.

That One Guy
08-04-2010, 02:16 PM
quoting so your idiocy is preserved.

Calling for equality is idiocy? This isn't the 1800s! That's not gonna sit well with the PC crowd.

Los Broncos
08-04-2010, 02:18 PM
What if she is aiming a gun at you?

http://www.hotchickswithguns.com/files/hotchickwithguns/girl%20with%20gun%20wall%20attack.jpg

Then you have a right to defend yourself anyway you can.

Flex Gunmetal
08-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Calling for equality is idiocy? This isn't the 1800s! That's not gonna sit well with the PC crowd.

Give it up.

That One Guy
08-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Give it up.

I will never give up my fight for equality. Shame on you for trying to repress liberty.

Tombstone RJ
08-04-2010, 03:03 PM
No one knows what lead to the sucker punch but damn, that dude flat out connected. Unless that woman was doing something insanely wicked or stupid (like holding the guy's children hostage with a gun or something), nothing justifys that sucker punch.

Anyone think alchohol might be involved? Nah....

JunkyardWillie
08-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Where was Huerta when Snookie got punched?

Tombstone RJ
08-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Where was Huerta when Snookie got punched?

He was doing 12oz curls at the bar..

Florida_Bronco
08-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Call me old fashioned or sexist, but I'm of the school of thought that [except to save someone's life] women are never to be hit.

I used to think that way too until far too many women started thinking they could exploit that social stigma as a means to assault men without fear of repercussion. Now I simply take the view that if passes the legal definition of self defense, you probably shouldn't have been hitting someone else, gender be damned.

UberBroncoMan
08-04-2010, 04:30 PM

If you ever saw the Snookie video, that's one that deserved it.

elsid13
08-04-2010, 04:33 PM

What about face palming an annoying drunk one???

Jay3
08-04-2010, 04:52 PM
If she's attacking, she's going to need to be hit or pushed or something. At a minimum put in a hold.

But never, ever hit because of something she said or did. Not in anger or retaliation.

Pretty good rule for hitting men, too. Very few reasons to hit other than self defense.

DHallblows
08-04-2010, 05:06 PM

You realize you're an idiot, right?

That One Guy
08-04-2010, 05:37 PM
You realize you're an idiot, right?

You do realize I'm being over the top in mockery, right?

Not that I don't believe in the underlying point but not being entirely serious either. I don't believe women should be hit but I also don't believe a male should be instantly incriminated any more than if he was seen hitting another male.

SouthStndJunkie
08-04-2010, 06:22 PM
If you ever saw the Snookie video, that's one that deserved it.

She is not a woman, she is a guidette.

Lev Vyvanse
08-04-2010, 07:30 PM
You do realize I'm being over the top in mockery, right?

Not that I don't believe in the underlying point but not being entirely serious either. I don't believe women should be hit but I also don't believe a male should be instantly incriminated any more than if he was seen hitting another male.

Do you have a trial upcoming or something? I don't think the judge is going to buy that ****.

Rock Chalk
08-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Sucker punches are for pussies but I disagree that there are no circumstances that hitting a woman is unacceptable. There are most certainly circumstances in which hitting a woman is completely justified.

If a woman is abusing a child, regardless of whose child, Im going to kick her ass. Im not talking about spanking mind you, but straight abuse, Im absolutely going to kick her ass. I'll hit her more than once too. If a woman assaults me personally, I will kick her ass. Im all for protecting te fairer sex and all, but once they "throw the gloves" off so to speak, they lose their protected status and become just another person to get beat on. Granted, the circumstances DO have to be extreme to hit a woman but you idiots talking about "NEVER" hitting a woman under ANY circumstances are just retarded.

Sucker punching ANYONE however is unacceptable. Male, female (and that goes for women s well, dont think you can just sucker punch a guy and get away with it). Im glad Huerta knocked that dude out because there is no reason to sucker punch anyone, much less a woman.

bap454
08-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Just pimping my new Avy, nothing more. Be bustin fools in Austin!

i4jelway7
08-05-2010, 03:54 AM
Just pimping my new Avy, nothing more. Be bustin fools in Austin!

awesome avatar.. I approve

Jason in LA
08-05-2010, 08:34 AM

I'm trying to wrap my brain around what she could have done to justify him doing that. If she did kick him in the nuts, like you used in your example, that doesn't justify that punch in any way. One poster used an example of him hitting her back in the heat of the moment, which I could somewhat understand. But that wasn't a heat of the moment punch. He walked up to her and did that. If she did hit him earlier then call the cops and have her arrested for assault.

I'd imagine that she did something for him to punch her, but there aren't too many things that would green light a sucker punch like that.

Jay3
08-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Nothing justifies it. It was a sucker punch even if it was on a guy. Only thing that justifies that kind of violence is self-defense or defense of others.

Jason in LA
08-05-2010, 08:42 AM

I am coming up short.

Pretty much. I think I've come up with a few things that would green light that sucker punch.

Maybe she killed his child and beat the chargers in court. Okay, sucker punch cool.

Maybe she raped his kid sister and got away with it. Okay, sucker punch cool.

Maybe she stole his parents retirement fund and burnt down their house and now they have to spend their remaining days broke and in a retirement home... okay, sucker punch cool.

Maybe she kicked him in the nuts five minutes earlier and after finally being able to get up he wanted payback... Yeah, no go on that sucker punch.

i4jelway7
08-05-2010, 03:32 PM
more from Roger Huerta

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/05/roger-huerta-ufc-interview-bloody-fight-hit-me-first-austin-texas-street-fight/

In a phone conversation just moments ago, Huerta told us he tried to remain calm early Saturday morning when he watched some random "huge guy" punch a girl in the head in the middle of the street ... explaining, “I just don’t think that it's right to hit a woman. Period.”

Huerta tells us, "I approached the man calmly and said, “Do you know what you just did? You just knocked out this girl."

But Huerta claims the other guy responded, "F*ck you, f*ck these bitches, I'll knock out any f*ckin' bitch that I wanna f*ckin' knock out, I’ll knock your f*cking bitch ass out.”

Huerta added, "... and as he's saying this, he's taking off his shirt ... and at that point I was like, alright.'"

Huerta insists that he didn't throw the first punch -- and only reacted when the other guy "started swinging at me" ... and we all know what happened next.

"I got the better of him and I left," Huerta said.

The 27-year-old explained, "If that was my mom, if that was my sister, my spouse, anyone … I would’ve wanted someone to step in and do something about it.”

hookemhess
08-05-2010, 03:33 PM
more from Roger Huerta

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/05/roger-huerta-ufc-interview-bloody-fight-hit-me-first-austin-texas-street-fight/

In a phone conversation just moments ago, Huerta told us he tried to remain calm early Saturday morning when he watched some random "huge guy" punch a girl in the head in the middle of the street ... explaining, “I just don’t think that it's right to hit a woman. Period.”

Huerta tells us, "I approached the man calmly and said, “Do you know what you just did? You just knocked out this girl."

But Huerta claims the other guy responded, "**** you, **** these b****es, I'll knock out any ****in' b**** that I wanna ****in' knock out, I’ll knock your ****ing b**** ass out.”

Huerta added, "... and as he's saying this, he's taking off his shirt ... and at that point I was like, alright.'"

Huerta insists that he didn't throw the first punch -- and only reacted when the other guy "started swinging at me" ... and we all know what happened next.

The 27-year-old explained, "If that was my mom, if that was my sister, my spouse, anyone … I would’ve wanted someone to step in and do something about it.”

What a badass.

i4jelway7
08-05-2010, 03:34 PM
What a badass.

Indeed :strong:

GoBroncos DownUnder
08-05-2010, 06:52 PM
If it's 2am and you think it will be "fine" if you attack a girl from behind in the middle of the street in Austin.
And then you end up in the middle of the street, flat on your back, bleeding from the face.

... Yep, you sure "got" what was coming to you! ;)

yerner
08-05-2010, 06:57 PM
The Huerta vs. Leonard Garcia fight was epic. Check it out if you get a chance. Huerta's a man.

bap454
08-05-2010, 07:11 PM
The Huerta vs. Leonard Garcia fight was epic. Check it out if you get a chance. Huerta's a man.

Huerta vs Clay Guida was also epic. The heart this man shows is like no other( minus his last two fights).

bap454
08-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Just not really sure what happened to Huerta at the end of his UFC run. He was dominating and a rising superstar. He was then said to be retiring to pursue other interests like acting, modeling etc.... looked like his heart/ head were not in the game in his last two fights. Which makes perfect sense if hes "retiring"... then he shows up on Bellator fighting (no clue) and loses. Oh well he still the man!!

Jason7730
08-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Good.....for both of them. I hope huerta doesn't get charged.It's one of those cases that although it may have been illegal, justice was served in the end, imo.

uplink
08-05-2010, 09:36 PM
With Barrett injured, we need a gunner. Sign him-up and before kick-offs show him a photo-shopped pic of the return guy punching a chick.

ZachKC
08-05-2010, 10:02 PM
It did look like he was actually trying to play it cool and reason with the guy. The way he approached him at first.

People get so stupid when they drink. My bartending days reduced my alcohol intake exponentially. Seeing how people act day in and day out. It is crazy. I can't believe it is glorified as much as it is.

Jason in LA
08-06-2010, 08:02 AM
more from Roger Huerta

But Huerta claims the other guy responded, "**** you, **** these b****es, I'll knock out any ****in' b**** that I wanna ****in' knock out, I’ll knock your ****ing b**** ass out.”

That's just awesome. Dude thought he was the baddest guy on the block, and had no idea that he was selling those wolf tickets to a UFC fighter. Talk about being put in your place. I bet that guy thinks twice about talking that trash in the streets.