PDA

View Full Version : Peyton vs Aaron?

OrangenBlueOhio
08-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees, and Reggie Wayne are already gone in the "keeper league" I'm entering. I have the first pick (5th really) I can't decide between Manning or Rodgers.

Who would you take between the two?

broncowill
08-03-2010, 02:58 PM
rodgers i had him last year and he was constatly getting more points than any other qb (except brees) and he is still getting better.

OrangenBlueOhio
08-03-2010, 05:07 PM
rodgers i had him last year and he was constatly getting more points than any other qb (except brees) and he is still getting better.

I am leaning Rodgers. I wonder how his line is going to protect him though. Worried about those 50 sacks. Course if I go with Peyton this will be the year he gets hurt/throws for barely 2 grand.

broncowill
08-03-2010, 07:09 PM
the packers drafted bryan bulaga and marshall newhouse this year to help with the line. although i dont expect an instant impact due to the fact that their both rookies.

if you are worried about injury go with manning he has a great line to protect him and plenty of wide recievers.

broncowill
08-03-2010, 07:23 PM
over the past two years manning has thrown for 8502 yards 60 tds 28 ints and rushed for 8 yards 1td and 3 fumbles

rodgers has thrown for 8472 yards 58 tds 20 ints and rushed for 523 yards 9 tds and 20 fumbles

OrangenBlueOhio
08-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Took Rodgers. Took MJD in second round. Thinkin of goin Desean jackson or fitzgerald next? Were doing the draft by text with no time parameters.

broncowill
08-04-2010, 04:48 PM
fitzgerald is more consistent than jackson. although jackson had some great games last year he also had some were he didnt do much.

both have new quarterbacks and fitzgerald will get more attention from defenses than he did in the past with bolden gone.

spdirty
08-28-2010, 08:08 AM
I wouldnt dare draft Manning unless you have a damn good backup qb lined up. Talk about a guy that will screw you over in the playoffs, when it matters most.

Remember, once the Colts have their playoff position secure, they always TANK the rest of the season.

Manning might help you get to the finals of your league, then you might have to go with a Jason Campbell or Sam Bradford to hopefully get you 15 points. Yuck.