PDA

View Full Version : 8-2 PM Practice

montrose
08-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Just got back from practice, largest crowd I've seen for a weekday practice. Much sloppier than the first day, especially on offense. Several players had to run laps for mistakes and entire unit had to at one point. The defense seems to really be coming together. A few mistakes here and there but you can see why Wink was promoted, he has a great feel for the defense and is the perfect guy to coach the players - a teacher who is vocal about mistakes and more vocal about great plays. This isn't meant to be a bash on Shanahan so please don't take it that way, but I remain amazed at the amount of detail McDaniels' practices go into - they're so organized and go over drills of some of the most unique elements of the sport. For example they had a drill to work on blocking FGs in which they brought out a tumbling mat, soaked it in water and had a line going to work on blocks. Also, the QBs had a drill to work on throwing screen passes off their back foot with a diving man in their face. They really work on the little things.

Now a lot of people having been asking me about whose been playing where so I did my best to put together a depth chart. For some positions where guys have been interchaning a great deal with the same unit, I've sublabeled them. Players I have not seen take a single rep outside of standing around for scout team have an astrick:

QB
1) Orton
2) B.Quinn
3) Tebow (although he does get reps with the 1st team for QB draws and QB sweeps, which look like they'll be a big part of our offense)

HB
1) K.Smith
2) Ball
3) Hall
4) Baker

Slot WR
1) Eddie
2) Stokley
3) Honeycutt

FL
1) Lloyd
2a) Willis, 2b) Thomas

SE
1) Gaffney
2a) McKinley, 2b) Decker
3) Arnett

TE
1) Graham
2) R.Quinn
3) Branson
*) Gier, *) Overbay

LT
1) Polumbus
2) Duncan

LG
1) Beadles
2) S.Olsen

C
1) Walton
2a) Hochstein, 2b) Fry

RG
1) Kuper
2a) Daniels 2b) E.Olsen

RT
1) Harris
2) Batiste
*) Barton

LE
1) Bannan
2) L.Smith
*) Stehele

RE
1) McBean
2) Green
3) Garland

NT
1) Fields
2) Thomas

WOLB
1) Doom
2) Moss

SOLB
1) Ayers
2a) Atkins, 2b) Kirlew, 2c) Alexander (These three rotate a lot and often two are in together but I'm not sure whose on the weakside then, I think Alexander)
*) Bishop

WILB
1) DJ
2) Woody

SILB
1) Haggan
2a) Ayodele 2b) Griesen
3) Mays

LCB
1) Goody
2a) Zo, 2b) Jones
3) Thompson

RCB
1) Champ
2) Cox
3a) Carter, 3b) Vaughn

FS
1) Hill
2) McBath
3) McCarthy

SS
1) Dawk
2) Bruton
3) Barrett

Obviously not exact, but the best I could do - there's a lot of mixing and matching.

As for the practice, again a bit sloppy on offense and not a lot of big plays. Best play of the day was in 11-on-11 when Orton zipped one to Graham in between Haggan and Hill for about 15 yards. The defense got the best of the offense in almost every drill (pretty common for early in camp).

The OL continues to worry me as they just don't get any push. Bannan, Fields, Green and McBean constantly play on the other side of the line of scrimmage. Not many good runs today, Kolby had a few on some cutbacks but they were mostly bottled up. Here's a quick run down of a notable players that should wrap my report:

Orton - Solid day, looked the best of the QBs - only one big mistake which was a quick pass that should've been picked by Carter. His mid-range ball is really pretty and accurate but he's the worst deep thrower.

Quinn - Had some mistakes, missing progressions and definitly has accuracy issues throwing deep as his beautiful spiral goes right out of bounds. His mechanics, body type and spirals remind me so much of Brandstater.

Tebow - Still taking too long to go through his reads and wants to scramble too easily (typical rookie problems). Threw a few balls in the dirt with pressure in his face but no major mental brakedowns. The release looks good, his passes aren't as pretty as the other two QBs but he's actually more accurate on deep balls and his intermediate passes get better as practice progresses. Vision continues to be good on runs.

Kolby - Had some nice cutback runs but the drop in talent from Knowshon/Buck to him is dramatic, I still like Lance Ball more because of his balance.

Willis - Continues to make nice catches, catching one deep ball from Tebow. Very quick and you can see how hard he's trying.

Lloyd - Remains the best of the WR group, so athletic and nimble. If he's even with a CB, he'll pull away to make the catch. I'm really excited to see him in game action.

Gaffney - Had a nice catch over Cox, but should've been Offensive PI. Didn't notice much else

Royal - Sent him on a deep pattern where Champ ran with him step-for-step and Orton over threw it. In the slot full-time, made a few nice catches and is by far the quickest WR.

Decker - Sloppy day, had a few drops - one would've been a tough one-handed grab.

Thomas - Didn't notice him much beside one circus, jumping catch over a CB that I couldn't see. A long strider, he just pulls away from guys with every step.

R.Quinn - Honestly, the suprise of camp to me. We've been throwing to the TEs a lot which I didn't expect to begin with and Quinn's caught everything his way. He's got great body control and is damn fine blocker. I'll wait to see how he plays in the preseason but at this point he looks like a 2nd rounder.

Branson - I don't get the hype, this dude sucks. He jumped offside a few times and had to run multiple laps, and has had several drops. I don't think he's as fast as Quinn, maybe not even as fast as Graham.

Polumbus - Had a better day in pass pro but still gets no push in the running game. Couldn't see much of Beadles or Walton but appeared they were being pushed back a bit.

Bannan - STUD. Holy crap I had no idea how good this guy was. Harris is having a really tough time sticking with him and he's blowing up plays in the backfield left and right. Easily the best offseason acquisition.

McBean and Fields - They've gotten a lot better from last year, especially McBean. He's blown up a few plays and is the most athletic of the DL. I think Fields is playing hurt because he comes off the field a lot and works with trainers but he's causing a lot of pileups. If Jamal is healthy we've got a nice NT rotation.

Haggan - Star of the day, dude was everywhere. He's got a nasty streak to him and is the vocal leader of the D not named Dawkins. He destroyed Hall on a screen pass and is pretty good in coverage too. At least through the first few practices, he looks to be an upgrade over Davis.

Ayers - He's really caught on to the mental side of things, calling out checks and playing very naturally. Much like late last year he's getting into the backfield often but still needs to work on outside contain. He did a good job for a few plays but then Quinn started down blocking and sealing him consistently. Also wiffed a few times in one-on-one juke drills. Still, the improvement is noticable and he looks a good 5-7 lbs. heavier with muscle.

Jones - This guy SUCKS!!! He's been getting torn up every time I see him. Orton through what should've been a pick right to him and he dropped it. I don't know what the coaches see in him because he honestly looks like the worst CB we've got.

Zo - (Homer alert) By contrast he looks awesome, didn't get beat once today and easily the best man-to-man CB we've got. He's working almost exclusivly out of the nickel not getting many reps on the outside. He's been playing a lot more man instead of zone which suits his skills better. You can see his confidence swelling. I can't wait to see if he keeps it up in games.

Cox - Looks to be our most natual return man by a mile, very smooth and fast. On the flip side, he's getting beat a lot at CB - the game looks too fast for him right now. The QBs are definitly picking on him a bit.

McBath - Got yelled at twice, once by McDaniels for being too close to a drill he wasn't in; next by Wink for blowing a coverage. His athletic ability is evident, he's easily the fastest S (outside maybe Barrett but I haven't seen him much) and has good tackling form. You can tell he's being groomed to be the next QB of the secondary and make all the calls.

That does it, I won't have a camp report tomorrow as I have work - hopefully someone else can make it out.

Timmy working on screen pass drills
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4840/1001811i.jpg

Hercules Jr. (aka Lance Ball)
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2842/1001817c.jpg

Timmy throwing
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8766/1001827s.jpg

Rip it Timmy
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1415/1001830l.jpg

Field Goal block drill
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/271/1001862.jpg

Timmy leading the sprints
http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/5566/1001868.jpg

BMarsh615
08-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the updates and thank you very much for posting your own thread. Some good reports got lost in that 300+ post thread yesterday.

SoCalBronco
08-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Montrose=Stud.

Great work.

Tombstone RJ
08-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Most excellent, thanks Montrose!

Br0nc0Buster
08-02-2010, 06:49 PM
yeah thanks a lot
I have a question though about Ayers and Phonz
I have been getting contrasting reports about these two players

I have seen some people say Ayers looked good out there, and others say he wasnt very impressive
I have also seen a couple people say Phonz was getting worked out there

I wonder what is causing the disparity

randomtask
08-02-2010, 06:50 PM
good read, thanks.

jsco70
08-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Cannot thank you enough for the report! Same to all the others who have taken the time and made the effort.

BlueCrusher
08-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the updates and thank you very much for posting your own thread. Some good reports got lost in that 300+ post thread yesterday.

Thanks for the updates Montrose! :notworthy

Wasn't the o-line playing pretty crappy Clady's first year? I thought I remember Harris getting pushed around like my daughter's popper toy. Then they just started gelling and kicking arse.

Taco John
08-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Montrose is all man baby...

oubronco
08-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Appreciate the reports Montrose

broncosteven
08-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Great stuff, clear consice, insightfull.

Well done.

Rohirrim
08-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Thank you, Big M. I'm really afraid that the drop from Clady to Polumbus is like falling off the Empire State Building. Nice to see an old Buff, Bannan, kicking ass. ;D

I'm already worried about the running game.

Ray Finkle
08-02-2010, 07:14 PM
next time your are in VA, your bar tab is on me.

oubronco
08-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Should we be very concerned about the O-line getting worked over it sounds bad

TheReverend
08-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks.

Great to see them riding McBath on the little things and increasing the responsibility for him. He can handle it and it will only make him better long term.

Chris
have my babies

brncs_fan

This is pretty typical of the beginning of training camp. After week 1 the offense catches up and we have a better idea of where we stand.

Requiem
08-02-2010, 07:28 PM
I'd agree with brncs_fan, from what we've heard year after year, it seems to be the case. Keep in mind that two players we have running with the first team have never played in the NFL before, and this is the first time any amalgamation of these guys have been a working unit together. With that many youngin's on the line, we are probably going to see our fair share of lumps taken this year, but they have six weeks to prepare and get it down.

BigPlayShay
08-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Is Spencer Larsen getting any reps at ILB, or is he strictly FB?

SoDak Bronco
08-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Montrose, Thanks buddy~!!`

montrose
08-02-2010, 07:36 PM
yeah thanks a lot
I have a question though about Ayers and Phonz
I have been getting contrasting reports about these two players

I have seen some people say Ayers looked good out there, and others say he wasnt very impressive
I have also seen a couple people say Phonz was getting worked out there

I wonder what is causing the disparity

Ayers has been up-and-down from what I've seen, but more up than down. The LBs have been mostly on the other field and during 9-on-7 I've usually been on the other side of the field so it's a bit hard to see. Overall Ayers looks solid to me, don't think he'll be a dominate sack guy but he'll be really good against the run and provide consistent pressure across Doom. Remember it took Spencer and Woodley a few years to go from that type of production to getting sacks.

One mixup with Smith is that Nate Jones has his old number (33) and Smith is now 22. Jones has been god awful so it wouldn't suprise me if people confused the two as Jones has looked far worse than Smith ever did last year. I've seen Smith get beat on two deep passes all camp when he had good position and it as a perfect throw-and-catch. Other than that he's been outstanding.

Wasn't the o-line playing pretty crappy Clady's first year? I thought I remember Harris getting pushed around like my daughter's popper toy. Then they just started gelling and kicking arse.

Yes, Harris looked beyond awful that camp - he was getting worked by Engleberger. I was stunned that opening game against Oakland how good the OL looked. I wouldn't be stunned if the OL gets better as we move along because of the rookies and lack of Clady - but at this point they're certainly our worst unit. Through the first three practices I'd rank those units:

1) DL
2) LB
3) WR
4) DB (I put WRs higher because of Jones crapiness)
5) TE (could be as high as #2 if Branson didn't suck)
6) QB
7) RB
8) OL

This is pretty typical of the beginning of training camp. After week 1 the offense catches up and we have a better idea of where we stand.

This.

Is Spencer Larsen getting any reps at ILB, or is he strictly FB?

Strictly FB, and we haven't used the formation much at all. In fact not much 2 TEs either. So far, almost exclusivly 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB - base offense installation.

Chris
08-02-2010, 07:43 PM
So Bannan looks the part. What about Jarvis Green?

montrose
08-02-2010, 07:47 PM
As ridiculous as it is right now (but I can't make anymore for a while), based on three practices if I were making the 53-man roster it would be:

Offense - 25
(3) QB: Orton, B.Quinn, Tebow
(4) RB: Moreno, Buck, Ball, Larsen
(7) WR: Lloyd, Gaffney, Royal, Stokley, Thomas, Decker, Willis
(2) TE: Graham, R.Quinn
(9) OL: Clady, Beadles, Walton, Kuper, Harris, Polumbus, S.Olsen, Hochstein, E.Olsen

Defense - 25
(7) DL: Bannan, J.Williams, Green, McBean, Fields, C.Baker, Thomas
(9) LB: Doom, DJ, Haggan, Ayers, Moss, Ayodele, Woodyard, Reid, Mays
(9) DB: Champ, Goody, Dawk, Hill, Zo, Cox, McBath, Bruton, Barrett

Special Teams - 3
(1) K: Prater
(1) P: Colquitt
(1) DS: Paxton

Possible Practice Squad Guys
T.Baker, McKinley, Garland, Kirlew, Thompson

montrose
08-02-2010, 07:48 PM
So Bannan looks the part. What about Jarvis Green?

I've seen him make some nice plays and holds his ground well, should be a nice rotational player but he's not as dominant as Bannan.

broncogary
08-02-2010, 07:53 PM
I'd agree with brncs_fan, from what we've heard year after year, it seems to be the case. Keep in mind that two players we have running with the first team have never played in the NFL before, and this is the first time any amalgamation of these guys have been a working unit together. With that many youngin's on the line, we are probably going to see our fair share of lumps taken this year, but they have six weeks to prepare and get it down.

Happy birthday, Req! :egbgb:

underrated29
08-02-2010, 07:55 PM
As ridiculous as it is right now (but I can't make anymore for a while), based on three practices if I were making the 53-man roster it would be:

Offense - 25
(3) QB: Orton, B.Quinn, Tebow
(4) RB: Moreno, Buck, Ball, Larsen
(7) WR: Lloyd, Gaffney, Royal, Stokley, Thomas, Decker, Willis
(2) TE: Graham, R.Quinn
(9) OL: Clady, Beadles, Walton, Kuper, Harris, Polumbus, S.Olsen, Hochstein, E.Olsen

Defense - 25
(7) DL: Bannan, J.Williams, Green, McBean, Fields, C.Baker, Thomas
(9) LB: Doom, DJ, Haggan, Ayers, Moss, Ayodele, Woodyard, Reid, Mays
(9) DB: Champ, Goody, Dawk, Hill, Zo, Cox, McBath, Bruton, Barrett

Special Teams - 3
(1) K: Prater
(1) P: Colquitt
(1) DS: Paxton

nice job man...

2 things imo.

1- Kolby smith makes the roster as well. He was taking majority reps at 1.
2- stokely does not make the roster.
I know that has been thrown around a bunch, but stokes was only working with the 2s today (albeit its 1 practice) but eddie is the primary slot guy now and stokes serves no ST services.

But from what I have heard and what I saw today. I think you nailed the rest pretty well.

just a side question- akoye adole or whatever, over baraka atkins? I didnt see much of either, but atkins did make me take not once....

FireFly
08-02-2010, 08:10 PM

Great report!!!

As for the reports getting lost, I think the 1st 10 spots should be reserved for reports and report updates if they're coming. Makes it easier to manage and find at a casual glance... esp while I'm at work and meant to be doing my job!! :)

skunk
08-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Great report!!!

As for the reports getting lost, I think the 1st 10 spots should be reserved for reports and report updates if they're coming. Makes it easier to manage and find at a casual glance... esp while I'm at work and meant to be doing my job!! :)

haha who gives a **** what you think asshole? jk :notworthy:welcome:

BlaK-Argentina
08-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Great report!

Seems like we are loaded at WR... some tough cuts coming up!

RonDaChamp24
08-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks Montrose! You're the man!

BowlenBall
08-02-2010, 08:35 PM
next time your are in VA, your bar tab is on me.

x2 -- you'll never pay for a drink in Abu Dhabi (but you gotta pay for the airfare :wiggle:.) Major rep.

Los Broncos
08-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Great report thank you.

montrose
08-02-2010, 08:55 PM
nice job man...1- Kolby smith makes the roster as well. He was taking majority reps at 1.

I could see it, depends on the health of the other RBs. I have a feeling that come gametime, Ball's going to look a lot better.

2- stokely does not make the roster.
I know that has been thrown around a bunch, but stokes was only working with the 2s today (albeit its 1 practice) but eddie is the primary slot guy now and stokes serves no ST services.

Yeah all signs would point that way, but the calmness Stokley has and the way he jokes around with McD - I just have a feeling he knows he's sticking around. He's been in the league long enough to know if he's on the way out, and doesn't seem to be acting it. I could see it go either way honestly.

just a side question- akoye adole or whatever, over baraka atkins? I didnt see much of either, but atkins did make me take not once....

Didn't notice much of either but Ayodele is more polished and I also noticed he's on the 1st team of most special teams units - generally a good sign he's sticking.

lostknight
08-02-2010, 09:14 PM
1) K.Smith
2) Ball
3) Hall
4) Baker

I really don't know if it was just the o-line's woes or what, I was a fan of Kolby Smith last year, but I have seen nothing from him so far that makes me think he can play the number three back.

3) Honeycutt

Waiting on Honeycutt to do something. Looked very sloppy to me.

TE
3) Branson

Looked Horrible. My immediate though was Daniel Graham without Daniel Graham's incredible hands (that was sarcasm for the humor impaired). I really doubt we are going to get much production out of the TE position.

The OL continues to worry me as they just don't get any push. Bannan, Fields, Green and McBean constantly play on the other side of the line of scrimmage. Not many good runs today, Kolby had a few on some cutbacks but they were mostly bottled up. Here's a quick run down of a notable players that should wrap my report:

He was dancing far to much. Needs to take a single cut and go.

Tebow - Still taking too long to go through his reads and wants to scramble too easily (typical rookie problems). Threw a few balls in the dirt with pressure in his face but no major mental brakedowns. The release looks good, his passes aren't as pretty as the other two QBs but he's actually more accurate on deep balls and his intermediate passes get better as practice progresses. Vision continues to be good on runs.

He looks really ellusive, I really want to see him against someone allowed to tackle him.

Gaffney - Had a nice catch over Cox, but should've been Offensive PI. Didn't notice much else

I'm really not impressed with Cox so far. He reminds me of Alphonso Smith last year.

Thomas - Didn't notice him much beside one circus, jumping catch over a CB that I couldn't see. A long strider, he just pulls away from guys with every step.

He ran step for step against Bailey on Sunday, and effectively used his body to block off Champ and pull the ball in. Champ was visibly pissed with himself afterwords. Tends to catch balls a little closer to his body - not great extension with the hands. Has superfreak ability, but it might take a year to get crisp enough with routes to be effective. Training camp will tell.

Cox - Looks to be our most natual return man by a mile, very smooth and fast. On the flip side, he's getting beat a lot at CB - the game looks too fast for him right now. The QBs are definitly picking on him a bit.

Yep, just like Alphonso last year.

Dos Rios
08-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Montrose, Daniel Graham was on the radio today and it reminded me that the lack of leaders among the players (or poor leaders - see Cutler) has been an issue since the days guys like Keith Burns, Al Wilson and Tom Nalen left. Can you get a sense of which guys are leaders on the team? Obviously Graham on offense and Dawkins on defense. I know Orton is respected. Anyone else on offense? I know the line is young, but anyone (Harris?) seem vocal? You mention Haggan on D. Is Elvis becoming more vocal? For all of DJ and Champ's strengths, rallying the troops has never been high on the list. Any other young defenders? McBath?

Thanks for the report!

titan
08-02-2010, 09:29 PM
I was at today's practice, too. Great report Montrose! You really have an eye for detail and saw some things that I missed. Here are some pictures I took (with comments):

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv291/titanphotos/bronco%20camp%20august%202010/IMG_1075.jpg

My son and I were even with the goal line. We arrived about 45 minutes early and had no problems getting a shady spot. Weather was great - not too hot with a cool breeze.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv291/titanphotos/bronco%20camp%20august%202010/IMG_1074.jpg

tebow mania was in full force - these kids were yelling "tebow! tebow!" throughout the practice

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv291/titanphotos/bronco%20camp%20august%202010/IMG_1054.jpg

Tebow looked good to me - like a fullback playing quarterback. He's bigger than Elway was as a rookie (though John bulked up after a few years). Tebow wasn't accurate on all his passes but he has a confident presence in the huddle. I think he's going to be good!

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv291/titanphotos/bronco%20camp%20august%202010/IMG_1046.jpg

Demaryius Thompson is huge. In fact that's one thing I noticed compared to the Shanahan Broncos - McD is gradually increasing the size and strength of this team.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv291/titanphotos/bronco%20camp%20august%202010/IMG_1031.jpg

Eric Decker has been compared to Ed McCaffery - he reminded me more of Steve Watson. Very smooth.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv291/titanphotos/bronco%20camp%20august%202010/IMG_1036.jpg

I wasn't all that impressed with Brady Quinn. I think Tebow will eventually be #2 qb this year.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv291/titanphotos/bronco%20camp%20august%202010/IMG_1053.jpg

At first I thought this was Alphonso Smith then I realized he changed numbers this year. #33 is Nate Jones and as Montrose writes he was getting beat in coverage alot.

epicSocialism4tw
08-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Nice pics. :)

Tebow is a big kid...looks like a linebacker.

montrose
08-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Montrose, Daniel Graham was on the radio today and it reminded me that the lack of leaders among the players (or poor leaders - see Cutler) has been an issue since the days guys like Keith Burns, Al Wilson and Tom Nalen left. Can you get a sense of which guys are leaders on the team? Obviously Graham on offense and Dawkins on defense. I know Orton is respected. Anyone else on offense? I know the line is young, but anyone (Harris?) seem vocal? You mention Haggan on D. Is Elvis becoming more vocal? For all of DJ and Champ's strengths, rallying the troops has never been high on the list. Any other young defenders? McBath?

Thanks for the report!

Haggan's the one I've really noticed, he and Wink already seem to have a relationship. Champ's still quiet, DJ's a bit more vocal but not a lot. Honestly Orton is the guy I've noticed the most on offense, he was working with R.Quinn on stuff after practice and just really seems to have taken a leadership role with the unit. None of the OL seem particularly vocal, Graham can be from time-to-time. Elvis is still a pretty quiet player, Ayers seems to be more fiery. It's still Dawkins' team in terms of leadership with a few minor leaders behind him (Haggan, Orton, DJ, Woodyard come to mind) but you just get the feeling this team is screaming to be eventually led by Tebow.

strafen
08-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Montrode, thank you for taking the time to do this report. That's awesome!
Hey, quick question, where was Chris Baker in all of this?
Is he taking any reps at NT?
I didn't see anything on him...

worm
08-02-2010, 10:28 PM
...but you just get the feeling this team is screaming to be eventually led by Tebow.

A lack of vocal leaders, faces of the franchise, whatever you want to label it has been the number 1 issue IMO.

This team is ripe for a Tebow.

That said....hopefully Orton can stand that kind of heat more than Jake could. I want Tim to earn it rather than have Orton melt like 16 when somebody was in the on deck circle.

24champ
08-02-2010, 10:33 PM
I am encouraged to hear about our secondary, particularly in Alphonso Smith. While I am not currently sold on him being our future CB, he's going to need to step up to the plate this season.

epicSocialism4tw
08-02-2010, 10:36 PM
A lack of vocal leaders, faces of the franchise, whatever you want to label it has been the number 1 issue IMO.

That said....hopefully Orton can stand that kind of heat more than Jake could. I want Tim to earn it rather than have Orton melt like 16 when somebody was in the on deck circle.

I wouldnt say that Jake "melted"...I would say that he was done with it.

When you lead a team to the AFC Championship game only to have the rug pulled out from under you to usher in some whiny kid, the odds are pretty good that you're going to feel betrayed.

Plummer set records as a Bronco and was the only QB other than Elway and Morton to lead the Broncos to an AFC Championship game.

Hogan11
08-02-2010, 10:40 PM

The public demand will eventually be overwhelming....Orton & Quinn don't stand a chance.

Thanks Montrose & Titan for the reports, they are greatly appreciated!

SoCalBronco
08-02-2010, 10:46 PM

http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/8/f/c/0/Gatorade_Duel_85a5.jpg

I think Tim will truly become the face of the team when he has demonstrated that he has reached the point in his development where he can be trusted to go out there every down and be a responsible QB. That will probably take another year or so, but it will come. With the way he works at it, it will definitely come to pass. Just not this year. Too much is being expected too fast. There is a long way to go.

montrose
08-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Hey, quick question, where was Chris Baker in all of this?
Is he taking any reps at NT?
I didn't see anything on him...

He got hurt the first practice, not sure what the injury is though.

i4jelway7
08-03-2010, 03:14 AM

no way Mckinley goes to the PS.. if so he won't be there long

Thx for the updates, very much appreciated

montrose
08-03-2010, 05:57 AM
no way Mckinley goes to the PS.. if so he won't be there long

Yeah I agree, WR is just a deep position on this team - someone another team can use will be picked up.

dbfan21
08-03-2010, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the report, Montrose!! You're definitely the highlight of my morning internet session while sitting here at work.

You da man!! :thumbs: :thanku:

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-03-2010, 06:51 AM
I'm sorry, but what the hell is up with Orton's hair? Can't he find a haircut suitable for an adult? It's ridiculous. What does jhns think of this?

epicSocialism4tw
08-03-2010, 06:53 AM
I'm sorry, but what the hell is up with Orton's hair? Can't he find a haircut suitable for an adult? It's ridiculous. What does jhns think of this?

The hair...the tan...

Orton looks like a character off of Idiocracy.

Steve Prefontaine
08-03-2010, 07:03 AM
thanks for the reports montrose. very cool of you to take the time.

good to hear that a. smith and r. quinn are showing some promise.

bronco militia
08-03-2010, 07:17 AM
When you lead a team to the AFC Championship game only to have the rug pulled out from under you to usher in some whiny kid, the odds are pretty good that you're going to feel betrayed.

in 1992 some dumbass drafted Tommy Maddox, and John Elway went ahead and finished his career with his best 7 seasons as a pro and back to back superbowls.

good riddance to Jake 'the quitter' Plummer.

2KBack
08-03-2010, 08:19 AM
in 1992 some dumbass drafted Tommy Maddox, and John Elway went ahead and finished his career with his best 7 seasons as a pro and back to back superbowls.

good riddance to Jake 'the quitter' Plummer.

So you're saying Jake Plummer is no John Elway?

I'm glad someone finally had the guts to make that stand

Chris
08-03-2010, 08:34 AM
No montrose at camp today. Who will be there?

~Crash~
08-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the updates Montrose! :notworthy

Harris has never been pushed around in a real time game . He is our best power run blocker by far.

Rohirrim
08-03-2010, 08:41 AM
It's still Dawkins' team in terms of leadership with a few minor leaders behind him (Haggan, Orton, DJ, Woodyard come to mind) but you just get the feeling this team is screaming to be eventually led by Tebow.

I'd still rather have the three draft picks he cost. :nyahdevil

~Crash~
08-03-2010, 08:44 AM

If you take that it took a 1 1/2 for the Green bay packers to rebuild their Oline yes worry but in all honesty we as a team should take that long to jell . I like what this team could do late next year not this year .Unlike so many homer's I am trying to keep my expectations down this year .

Chris
08-03-2010, 09:41 AM
I think most people have reasonably low expectations this year. We just want to finish strong.