PDA

View Full Version : Text from Montrose on Camp: Click here to get updates on camp and practice.

Pages : 1 [2]

Kaylore
08-02-2010, 11:51 AM
There is no replacement for Clady, but give our linemen a week or two to get acclimated before we hit the panic button. I bet in a week they look better.

oubronco
08-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the reports guys and keep them coming

~Crash~
08-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Always like reading your training camp reports Montrose - thanks. Your one comment:

"* Two guys who have really impressed me are R.Quinn and Ball. Quinn has lined up with the 1st unit quite a bit and looks much more comfortable than last year. He's a damn fine blocker and has caught everything thrown his way. "

On Richard Quinn I was thinking the other day that he has to be better than what he showed last season. Drafting him in the 2nd round was a stretch, but I read some scouting reports on him before the draft that tagged him as a "sleeper" tight end (i.e. the broncos weren't the only ones in on his potential)

I'm hoping to get out to practice today and Quinn will be one I'll be watching.

quinn was took were he was because the Steeler were reported on wanting him and were about to take him next pick.

TheReverend
08-02-2010, 12:17 PM
quinn was took were he was because the Steeler were reported on wanting him and were about to take him next pick.

The Steelers WERE reported to be interested in Quinn, but they're the ones that traded us the pick we used to take him.

Ray Finkle
08-02-2010, 12:18 PM
The Steelers WERE reported to be interested in Quinn, but they're the ones that traded us the pick we used to take him.

so were the Dolphins....

McDman
08-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I know that thread. The dude all decked out in Bronco gear that said "this is how I roll every day!" And of course everyone had to tell him it looked normal and awesome or get banned. That's basically as bad as the kick me sign gag.

That's abiout the last time I posted there.

Requiem
08-02-2010, 12:38 PM
The Texans GM, I believe it's Rick Smith -- stated after the draft that they were going to take Quinn with their early third round selection, but the Broncos beat them to the punch by acquiring the second and fourth from Pittsburgh for the two thirds. ProFootballWeekly's draft value chart released before the draft had Quinn as a 3A selection, which means early third round. We got him in the 2C range. Not much of a reach at all.

BTW, here is our draft from this year and where our players were slated to go by PFW.

#22 Demaruius Thomas (1B) – Value
#25 Tim Tebow (2A) – Slight Reach
#45 Zane Beadles (4A) – Large Reach
#80 J.D. Walton (5B) – Large Reach
#87 Eric Decker (3A) – Value
#137 Perrish Cox (3B) – Large Value
#183 Eric Olsen (6C) – Slight Reach
#225 Syd’quan Thompson (4B) – Large Value
#232 Jammie Kirlew (7A) – Value

azbroncfan
08-02-2010, 12:50 PM
The Texans GM, I believe it's Rick Smith -- stated after the draft that they were going to take Quinn with their early third round selection, but the Broncos beat them to the punch by acquiring the second and fourth from Pittsburgh for the two thirds. ProFootballWeekly's draft value chart released before the draft had Quinn as a 3A selection, which means early third round. We got him in the 2C range. Not much of a reach at all.

All the draft value and such means nothing anymore once these guys are in the league too. They either make an impact or not regardless of draft position.

Requiem
08-02-2010, 12:52 PM
All the draft value and such means nothing anymore once these guys are in the league too. They either make an impact or not regardless of draft position.

I'd somewhat agree. I was just stating that there were places that had Quinn rated higher than what some would like to have believed. He was rated as an early third rounder by Narwocki, and as far as I know, that PFW board is based off what they know from other team's war rooms. There have been a lot of people who said that as a prospect, it was a ridiculous reach. I disagree. :thumbs:

ELEVATION
08-02-2010, 12:55 PM
We're really going to go back to this, huh?

What was the final score? Did we lose by 14? Or did we lose by more than that?

300 yards on the ground. 300 yards on the ground. 300 yards on the ground.

Orton's fault.

/rolleyes

sarcasm begets sarcasm...were not going back to anything....the defense failed that game....but it sure didnt help that orton lofted a short pass to derrick johnson on 2 different occasions...it also didnt help he gift wrapped it so good johnson took em to the house 2 times.....

perhaps you should try reading comprehension...not once did i say it was all orton's fault i simply said it doesnt stop the fact he gift wrapped 14 points to KC.....for all you know it coudl have been a completly different ball game....

okay buddy....got it now?????

or should i roll it down again slower for ya????

ELEVATION
08-02-2010, 12:57 PM

BTW, here is our draft from this year and where our players were slated to go by PFW.

dont get why PFW considered walton a reach when he was thought to be a second rd pick...most draft evaluators think we got great value on walton

cmhargrove
08-02-2010, 12:58 PM
They must really like Polumbus

We'll see how he handles a starting role, but his production at LT in college was quite good if I remember. I think everything about him is more suited to the speed game at LT, rather than RT. He actually started off pretty well last season (before defenders started bull rushing him consistently). Then, he tanked for a while.

I still bring up Erik Pears who did well filling in for Lepsis at LT, then sucked at RT. I hope Polumbus plays that in reverse.

BlaK-Argentina
08-02-2010, 12:59 PM
And here I thought we wouldn't get good reports this year...

Thanks everyone!!!

Requiem
08-02-2010, 01:01 PM
dont get why PFW considered walton a reach when he was thought to be a second rd pick...most draft evaluators think we got great value on walton

I've seen Walton graded anywhere from as high as a second rounder to as low as a six rounder. Guess it depended on the publication. I'm the one who put the "value" and "reach" designations based on the round projection (1B, 4A, etc.) they had each prospect listed under. I think Walton went right where he should have, to us, in the third round. :D

ELEVATION
08-02-2010, 01:11 PM
We'll see how he handles a starting role, but his production at LT in college was quite good if I remember. I think everything about him is more suited to the speed game at LT, rather than RT. He actually started off pretty well last season (before defenders started bull rushing him consistently). Then, he tanked for a while.

I still bring up Erik Pears who did well filling in for Lepsis at LT, then sucked at RT. I hope Polumbus plays that in reverse.

indications have been he always looked better at LT then RT...but who knows if we can get through 2 or 3 games with him at LT we should be fine the rest of the way...clady should be 100% by game 3.....we have what Jacksonville, seattle then indy...really out the first 3 games indy is the only one we might be screwed with him at LT.....after that clady should be ready to rock.....

ELEVATION
08-02-2010, 01:15 PM
I've seen Walton graded anywhere from as high as a second rounder to as low as a six rounder. Guess it depended on the publication. I'm the one who put the "value" and "reach" designations based on the round projection (1B, 4A, etc.) they had each prospect listed under. I think Walton went right where he should have, to us, in the third round. :D

true dat:thumbs:...such a good pick for us....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2010, 01:28 PM
sarcasm begets sarcasm...were not going back to anything....the defense failed that game....but it sure didnt help that orton lofted a short pass to derrick johnson on 2 different occasions...it also didnt help he gift wrapped it so good johnson took em to the house 2 times.....

perhaps you should try reading comprehension...not once did i say it was all orton's fault i simply said it doesnt stop the fact he gift wrapped 14 points to KC.....for all you know it coudl have been a completly different ball game....

okay buddy....got it now?????

or should i roll it down again slower for ya????

Oh, cute! Look who's trying to get smart! Just adorable.

Look, kiddo, nobody is denying that he gift-wrapped 14 points. I was at that ****ing game. I'm well aware of what transpired. Both of those throws could have gone for Denver touchdowns, and it wouldn't have made a lick of difference BECAUSE our defense couldn't stop anything that day.

Now, do you understand that? Or should I replay it in slow mo for you to comprehend it?

Traveler
08-02-2010, 01:28 PM

Most publications I've read note that Beadles was the selection we reached on.

TheReverend
08-02-2010, 01:38 PM

Look, kiddo, nobody is denying that he gift-wrapped 14 points. I was at that ****ing game. I'm well aware of what transpired. Both of those throws could have gone for Denver touchdowns, and it wouldn't have made a lick of difference BECAUSE our defense couldn't stop anything that day.

Now, do you understand that? Or should I replay it in slow mo for you to comprehend it?

I think you should double check your math...

jhns
08-02-2010, 01:41 PM

What is really funny about your argument is that it is the exact opposite if we talk about Cutler and his last year here. You are a hypocrite. It isn't like we didn't already know that though.

Rabb
08-02-2010, 01:49 PM
in before the lovers quarrel

Eldorado
08-02-2010, 02:10 PM
:popcorn:

Homer Simpson
08-02-2010, 02:16 PM
:popcorn:

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/scarjo_popcorn.gif&sa=X&ei=bidXTP_iFIX4sAP9mOjZAg&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGXHzscZTPb-TaCLeJipRLN0FIeBA

Kaylore
08-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Jhiz, the gay cutler pirate, has come to hijack another excellent thread.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-02-2010, 02:44 PM
What is really funny about your argument is that it is the exact opposite if we talk about Cutler and his last year here. You are a hypocrite. It isn't like we didn't already know that though.

Sorry, Jhiz. I have no interest in discussing your Cutler man juice love. An excellent try at derailing yet ANOTHER thread, though.

Broncosfreak_56
08-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Sorry, Jhiz. I have no interest in discussing your Cutler man juice love. An excellent try at derailing yet ANOTHER thread, though.

http://separi.wippiespace.com/img/clap.gif

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-02-2010, 02:49 PM

Irish Stout
08-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Montrose - Thanks for a great Camp post. Please up date us after today's camp!

TheReverend
08-02-2010, 02:52 PM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/scarjo_popcorn.gif&sa=X&ei=bidXTP_iFIX4sAP9mOjZAg&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGXHzscZTPb-TaCLeJipRLN0FIeBA

She's soooooooooo hot.

Los Broncos
08-02-2010, 02:54 PM
She's soooooooooo hot.

Her rack is just perfect in every way.

ELEVATION
08-02-2010, 02:56 PM

whats adorable is that you actually think your being cool. I certainly aint no kiddo clown......please read what i posted comprehend and then get a clue...when you do that maybe we can have a intelligent conversation like grown-ups untill then....well you get the drift....

not once did i say the defense didnt have fault. Someone made a comment about the defense and i stated orton did them no favors either, last i checked I root for the team not just orton or the defense....you win and lose as a team...get it now hero????

ELEVATION
08-02-2010, 02:58 PM

that would require thinking...lol..:~ohyah!:

jhns
08-02-2010, 02:59 PM

It wasn't meant for discussion. I just pointed out a fact.

You guys have already derailed the thread multiple times. There are many discussions going on that have nothing to do with camp.

Chris
08-02-2010, 03:01 PM
jhns what's your feeling on the cranberries first album?

jhns
08-02-2010, 03:04 PM
jhns what's your feeling on the cranberries first album?

Cutler, Marshall, and Shanahan could have done better.

Ray Finkle
08-02-2010, 03:04 PM
He's soooooooooo hot.

corrected for you....you poser!

Homer Simpson
08-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Jhiz, the gay cutler pirate, has come to hijack another excellent thread.

lol.

Seems like he would be more suited to a Bears forum. Maybe it's just me.

Miss I.
08-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Her rack is just perfect in every way.

And you know this how? For all you know, one is lopsided but thru the wonders of wonderbra it's all even...or hey, wait..maybe you were that guy that felt her up a couple years ago at some awards show....mmm

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N30tFRRyK30&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N30tFRRyK30&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ray Finkle
08-02-2010, 03:14 PM
And you know this how? For all you know, one is lopsided but thru the wonders of wonderbra it's all even...or hey, wait..maybe you were that guy that felt her up a couple years ago at some awards show....mmm

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N30tFRRyK30&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N30tFRRyK30&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

greatest boob squeeze....

ever

Los Broncos
08-02-2010, 03:15 PM

It doesn't matter MI, I've seen all I need to, she's just hot :thumbsup:

bronco militia
08-02-2010, 03:27 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2010/08/tebowpads.jpg

broncosteven
08-02-2010, 03:33 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2010/08/tebowpads.jpg

I wonder if he is singing "This little light of mine" to himself while lugging pads...

bronco militia
08-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I wonder if he is singing "This little light of mine" to himself while lugging pads...

"I'll carry your pads now, and take your job later. amen" ;D

TheReverend
08-02-2010, 03:34 PM
corrected for you....you poser!

:nono:

Ray Finkle
08-02-2010, 03:40 PM
:nono:

:) that was forced but again, it's funny....

Chris
08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
greatest boob squeeze....

ever

Except the dude squeezing her is flaming.

Chris
08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
is there no camp today? or is montrose just not there?

Irish Stout
08-02-2010, 03:52 PM
:) that was forced but again, it's funny....

I don't get it. Are you saying Scarlet is a man?

elsid13
08-02-2010, 03:54 PM
I don't get it. Are you saying Scarlet is a man?

God I hope not, because I would be scared for life if that was the case.

Kaylore
08-02-2010, 03:56 PM
is there no camp today? or is montrose just not there?
There's camp and he's there but I'm at work and probably so is APA so no one knows. I sent him a text asking a five minutes later I got back "good" so he must be busy.

oubronco
08-02-2010, 04:00 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ontent=Twitter (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/02/thomas-working-overtime/4121/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter&utm_content=Twitter)

Broncos first-round draft pick Demaryius Thomas missed four practices and three day’s worth of meetings during his unofficial holdout late last week. He’s trying to make up for lost time now.

Thomas was among the first players on to the practice field Monday afternoon for some added one-on-one time with receivers coach Adam Gase. The two appeared to be working on different techniques for coming off press coverage.

The Broncos have good attendance at their third formal practice of camp. The only players missing are running backs Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter, both of whom were injured Sunday morning, and nose tackle Chris Baker. Ryan Clady, Darrell Reid and Jamal Williams are also still being held out of practice for various injury and conditioning reasons. Baker left the field a few minutes early Sunday morning. The Broncos have not given a reason for his absence.

Head coach Josh McDaniels will meet with reporters around 5 p.m.

Irish Stout
08-02-2010, 04:01 PM
There's camp and he's there but I'm at work and probably so is APA so no one knows. I sent him a text asking a five minutes later I got back "good" so he must be busy.

The fact you're not allowed to use cell phones there also makes it hard to text and update during camp. When the crowds were big yesterday, you could sneak your way through it a lot easier. I bet at 2:30 on a Monday you don't have as much in the way of crowds.

Eldorado
08-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Cutler, Marshall, and Shanahan could have done better.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/1235434945320.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4648)

Kaylore
08-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Got this text: "Nate Jones sucks. Moss is doing good."

Irish Stout
08-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Got this text: "Nate Jones sucks. Moss is doing good."

Thats good to hear cause Moss looked totally lost on Sunday morning.

crush17
08-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Can't wait to go on Wednesday night... Anyone else going to be there?

DBroncos4life
08-02-2010, 04:41 PM

Lol 38 is a bigger number then 30.

Eldorado
08-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Lol 38 is a bigger number then 30.

http://gi167.photobucket.com/groups/u149/MUO3UHV0LI/5028754ix0.gif

Homer Simpson
08-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Can't wait to go on Wednesday night... Anyone else going to be there?

Me! Finish work at 6 and heading down (5 minute drive).

Chris
08-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Recommended twitter accounts to follow camp? Please don't start with a J....

Chris
08-02-2010, 05:01 PM
I can't start a new thread so I'll just post this here

The life story of Eric Decker

Just ignore this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mQjP6Z6YCyI/SchJAQJyTaI/AAAAAAAAAFw/dErDyjy-N44/s400/6a00d8341cde4453ef00e54f33327b8834-800wi.jpg

and watch this

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3Vg0TF-Suw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3Vg0TF-Suw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DarkHorse30
08-02-2010, 05:16 PM

word. the.

oubronco
08-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Tebow scuffles as passer (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/02/tebow-scuffles-as-passer/4136/)

By Mike Klis (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/author/mike-klis/)
<!-- ADDTHIS BUTTON END -->

This isn’t going to surprise the critics any but during the Broncos’ training camp session Monday, rookie quarterback Tim Tebow (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/tag/tim-tebow/) looked good running the ball, but in the rare times he got a chance to pass, he was off mark.

It could be rookie nerves. It could be Tebow is pressing. It could be he simply needs more time to develop. Remember, the reports were John Elway was woefully rough around the edges during his first training camp.

oubronco
08-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Posted August 2, 2010 (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/02), 3:04 pm
Broncos rookie Thomas working overtime (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/02/thomas-working-overtime/4121/)

By Lindsay Jones (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/author/lindsay-jones/)

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2010/08/thomas.jpg (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2010/08/thomas.jpg) Demaryius Thomas catches a pass during practice Sunday. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)

Broncos first-round draft pick Demaryius Thomas missed four practices and three day’s worth of meetings during his unofficial holdout late last week. He’s trying to make up for lost time now.
Thomas was among the first players on to the practice field Monday afternoon for some added one-on-one time with receivers coach Adam Gase. The two appeared to be working on different techniques for coming off press coverage.
The Broncos have good attendance at their third formal practice of camp. The only players missing are running backs Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter, both of whom were injured Sunday morning, and nose tackle Chris Baker. Ryan Clady (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/tag/ryan-clady/), Darrell Reid (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/tag/darrell-reid/) and Jamal Williams are also still being held out of practice for various injury and conditioning reasons. Baker left the field a few minutes early Sunday morning. The Broncos have not given a reason for his absence.
Head coach Josh McDaniels will meet with reporters around 5 p.m.

TheReverend
08-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Baker left the field a few minutes early Sunday morning. The Broncos have not given a reason for his absence.

Clearly Baker had to go try and murder someone again with his boyz

Hamrob
08-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Got this text: "Nate Jones sucks. Moss is doing good."Yeah, that figures...considering he's coming up on a contract year pretty soon.

oubronco
08-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Buckhalter to return this week
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ontent=Twitter (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/02/buckhalter-to-return-this-week/4130/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter&utm_content=Twitter)

All the symptons have cleared for Correll Buckhalter and the Broncos hope their veteran can return sometime this week.

Buckhalter left the Broncos’ first training camp practice Sunday morning after suffering an injury to lower neck/upper back. He was taken to a local hospital where he was checked out and released. The Broncos are being cautious with Buckhalter. He was held out of practice Monday and he get another day or two before returning.

When Buckhalter returns, he figures to become the Broncos’ No. 1 tailback until second-year player Knowshon Moreno returns from his hamstring injury. Moreno is expected to be sidelined three weeks.

With Buckhalter and Moreno sidelined, the Broncos’ tailback depth chart read, in order: Kolby Smith, Lance Ball, Toney Baker (an undrafted rookie from North Carolina State who moved up from No. 4) and Bruce Hall.

Update: Check that. In team drill, especially the two-minute drill, Ball was the first-team back, Hall was the backup. Smith and Baker didn’t get any reps.

oubronco
08-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Offense in McDaniels’ doghouse (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/02/offense-in-mcdaniels-doghouse/4142/)

By Lindsay Jones (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/author/lindsay-jones/)

It’s a bad sign when you see one player being sent off to a run a lap around the practice field during training camp.
So consider it a really, really bad sign when you see the entire offense sent off to run at once.
Josh McDaniels punished the entire offense for its overall “sloppy” play during a team drill Thursday afternoon by sending all 40 or so players for a jog around the field. McDaniels said after practice he was upset after a series of errors, including a false start and having too many men in the huddle.
The fans clapped as the players ran by. Perhaps they should have booed.

oubronco
08-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Posted August 2, 2010 (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/02), 5:48 pm
Ryan McBean playing ahead of Jarvis Green (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/02/ryan-mcbean-playing-ahead-of-jarvis-green/4140/)

After the Broncos threw all that money at the defensive line this spring, it figured the remaining defensive line from last year would move to the bench.

Not so. Ronnie Fields is playing with the first-string base defense until Jamal Williams returns from injury, and for now, Ryan McBean has playing ahead of Jarvis Green, the former New England Patriot who signed a four-year, $20 million contract, for performance reasons.
“”I’m here to work,” McBean said. “”If you’re thinking too much then you’re doing the wrong thing. It’s my job to worry about how much money other players make. My job is to work.”

oubronco
08-02-2010, 06:03 PM
... Thomas was among the very last players off the field at the end after staying to catch passes off the JUG machine. 11 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/PostBroncos/status/20177460879) reply (http://twitter.com/?status=@PostBroncos%20&in_reply_to_status_id=20177460879&in_reply_to=PostBroncos)
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/695728450/me_at_game_crop_normal.JPG (http://twitter.com/PostBroncos)

PostBroncos (http://twitter.com/PostBroncos)

Demaryius Thomas was among the first players on the field before practice, for 1-on-1 work with WR coach Adam Gase. .... 12 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/PostBroncos/status/20177410550)

http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/695728450/me_at_game_crop_normal.JPG (http://twitter.com/PostBroncos)

PostBroncos (http://twitter.com/PostBroncos)

I pressed Josh McDaniels on why Jamal Williams not practicing. Josh wouldn't bite. Only would say Jamal is physically unable to practice.

Tebow just went over to slap high fives w fans. By the level of screams, I could have sworn I was at a justin bieber concert. 46 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/PostBroncos/status/20175215023) reply (http://twitter.com/?status=@PostBroncos%20&in_reply_to_status_id=20175215023&in_reply_to=PostBroncos)

_Oro_
08-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Campers, any Joe Mays sightings??

oubronco
08-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Posted August 2, 2010 (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/02), 6:14 pm
Brandon Lloyd the No. 3 receiver (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/02/brandon-lloyd-the-no-3-receiver/4139/)

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/152/addthis_widget.js"></SCRIPT> <!-- ADDTHIS BUTTON END -->

If the season were starting today, the Broncos’ starting three receivers _ if they opened in a three receiver set _ would be Eddie Royal, Jabar Gaffney (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/tag/jabar-gaffney/) and Brandon Lloyd.
The second set of receivers consists of Brandon Stokley (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/tag/brandon-stokley/), Matt Willis and Kenny McKinley.
The rookies _ Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker _ are with the third unit.
Brandon Lloyd? Wasn’t he supposed to be washed up a couple years ago?
“”I think so,” Lloyd said, chuckling but not quite delivering what is arguably the best laugh in the game. “”I think a lot of players, when they go through a little adversity, they go into a business mode. To me, this game has never been business. It’s always been fun to me.”
Lloyd is one of the best training camp stories at Dove Valley this year. Once a touted prospect early in his career with the San Francisco 49ers, Lloyd is a deep-threat receiver who had 43 and 48 catches in 2004-05, respectively. He is known for making the spectacular catch but has battled injuries (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/tag/injuries/) and inconsistency.
He proved to be the consumate professional last season when he made the Broncos’ 53-man roster, but didn’t dress for the first 14 games. That’s practice-squad rookie material.
“”I definitely wasn’t a happy camper,” Lloyd said. “”But you can ask the guys, even though I was sitting around like a rookie, I was still laughing and joking and going outside practicing and still having a good time. I think that’s what helped me ready for the end of the season. I was still into it.”
Lloyd, a seventh-year veteran then, had four catches in Game 15 at Philadelphia and then four catches for 95 yards in Game 16 against Kansas City.
That’s a pro.
“”Unbelievable for a guy like that _ he’s done some really good things in this league,” said Broncos coach Josh McDaniels (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/tag/josh-mcdaniels/). “”He’s been highly regarded and he’s been high on the depth chart in other places. He’s a guy that has some unique talents. We’re just hoping we can harness all that and use it.”
This season, Lloyd will be the Broncos’ primary deep threat, at least until rookie Demaryius Thomas is eased in.

FireFly
08-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Ah and so my favourite time of year begins again in earnest.

The reports aren't nearly of the same standard as last year or the year before, but like a junkie any fix is better than none!

I'm hanging on every word!

Who'd have thought I'd be so interested in Loyd or Moss!?

FireFly
08-02-2010, 06:37 PM
And Bey Bey sounds like he's working hard, but it would be pretty terrible if he wasn't all things considered.

BMarsh615
08-02-2010, 06:43 PM
I think Stokley and McKinley are going to have a tough time making the roster. I don't see Denver carrying more than 6 WR's.

Irish Stout
08-02-2010, 06:48 PM
I think Stokley and McKinley are going to have a tough time making the roster. I don't see Denver carrying more than 6 WR's.

They have ten WRs in camp right now and cutting WRs will absolutely be the toughest part. slimming down the D I think will be more cut and dry. Trying to figure out the O and who should stay and who shoud go will be very difficult.

Also - you should request a name change from one of the Mods.... you don't see any JavonWalker1684 names on here. But I will respect your choice either way.

misturanderson
08-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Posted August 2, 2010 (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/02), 5:48 pm
Ryan McBean playing ahead of Jarvis Green (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/02/ryan-mcbean-playing-ahead-of-jarvis-green/4140/)

After the Broncos threw all that money at the defensive line this spring, it figured the remaining defensive line from last year would move to the bench.

Not so. Ronnie Fields is playing with the first-string base defense until Jamal Williams returns from injury, and for now, Ryan McBean has playing ahead of Jarvis Green, the former New England Patriot who signed a four-year, $20 million contract, for performance reasons.
“”I’m here to work,” McBean said. “”If you’re thinking too much then you’re doing the wrong thing. It’s my job to worry about how much money other players make. My job is to work.”
Maybe it has to do with the fact that Green is more of a situational passing 3-4 DE and is much more effective out of that spot than as a starter. Whereas McBean is a run-stuffing 3-4 DE and is a better 1st and 2nd down option at that spot. Great job reporting Klis, you dumb ****.

Jay3
08-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Someone but the Tebow shuffle pass up on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PMhcSxjJTg

He seemed to do it right away -- I wonder if it was designed? Looks like it could have been bigger if not bobbled for 4 yards.

BMarsh615
08-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Nice little McD interview from 850 KOA http://www.broncosradionetwork.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=Interviews.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KOA2-IP/McDaniels%208-2.mp3?CPROG=PCAST?CCOMRRMID&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=DENVER-CO&NG_FORMAT=&NG_ID=&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=&SERVER_NAME=www.broncosradionetwork.com&SITE_ID=3906&STATION_ID=KOA2-IP&TRACK= . Said after practice today that Demaryius came up to him and asked if they could meet together early tomorrow morning to talk about releases.

epicSocialism4tw
08-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Nice little McD interview from 850 KOA http://www.broncosradionetwork.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=Interviews.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KOA2-IP/McDaniels%208-2.mp3?CPROG=PCAST?CCOMRRMID&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=DENVER-CO&NG_FORMAT=&NG_ID=&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=&SERVER_NAME=www.broncosradionetwork.com&SITE_ID=3906&STATION_ID=KOA2-IP&TRACK= . Said after practice today that Demaryius came up to him and asked if they could meet together early tomorrow morning to talk about releases.

D Thomas has been overlooked because he got drafted in the same class with Tebow, but this dude is impressive. He's a freak athlete (looks like an outside linebacker, runs like a deer) with a good head on his shoulders.

TheReverend
08-02-2010, 10:13 PM

He actually meant he wants to be released because he got a sweet offer from the Lions.