PDA

View Full Version : Running Backs discussions

JCMElway
08-01-2010, 08:02 AM
--Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles -- What kind of split do you think they get? I tend to think it will be about 50/50.

-- Does Felix Jones take over in Dallas? Or does this turn into an ugly three-headed monster?

--Portis, LJ, and Fast Willie Parker -- What the hell happens here? Taking Shanny backs for fantasy tends to suck. Probably a two way split between LJ and Portis with Parker doing third and medium/long.

--Caillac and D Ward -- What a load of ****e for Tampa last year. Any hope either of these guys rebound?

--Stewart and Deangelo -- 50/50?

--F Jackson,Marshawn, and CJ Spiller -- What a clusterf***. Who starts out of this mess? Is Spiller a third down/pass catcher this year?

--Forteand M Turner: Do they rebound, or were they one hit wonders?

--Slaton: Can he hold on to the rock?

gunns
08-04-2010, 05:01 PM
--Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles -- What kind of split do you think they get? I tend to think it will be about 50/50.

-- Does Felix Jones take over in Dallas? Or does this turn into an ugly three-headed monster?

--Portis, LJ, and Fast Willie Parker -- What the hell happens here? Taking Shanny backs for fantasy tends to suck. Probably a two way split between LJ and Portis with Parker doing third and medium/long.

--Caillac and D Ward -- What a load of ****e for Tampa last year. Any hope either of these guys rebound?

--Stewart and Deangelo -- 50/50?

--F Jackson,Marshawn, and CJ Spiller -- What a cluster****. Who starts out of this mess? Is Spiller a third down/pass catcher this year?

--Forteand M Turner: Do they rebound, or were they one hit wonders?

--Slaton: Can he hold on to the rock?

I think Charles will get more than Jones but not enough to pick him up. Out of all listed here the only ones I'd probably look at are Stewart, Turner and possibly Jones. Stewart and Turner actually had a decent year last year. I've taken Williams before and he usually always has a 1/2 season bad and good. I think Barber had his run in Dallas and it's between Jones and Choice but I think Jones gets the nod. It is definitely a cluster****

Jay3
08-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Luckily, the trend has been away from the Fantasy crusher back. A few years back, there were usually about 6 RB studs that got all the carries, all the touchdowns, and their team had a productive run scheme. If you didn't snag on of those, it was hard to make up for it anywhere else on the roster. Like Priest Holmes, Marshal Faulk, even those years Shaun Alexander had.

Now, the pendulum seems to have swung (swang, swingied) the other way. People choose stud QB's in the first round, and the top 3 receivers seem to go earlier every year.

So the downside is not as fatal if you choose poorly. I spent the #6 on Drew Brees last year in one league.

The only pick I "blew" last year was taking Forte over Jones-Drew. They were close in rating and Jones-Drew was a beast.

azbroncfan
08-31-2010, 07:13 PM
I think Cadillac Williams could be a sleeper this year. Ward is gone to steal carries from him and he should get all the carries til he is hurt like usual.