PDA

View Full Version : Albert Haynesworth is "tired of this B.S."

bronco militia
07-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Albert Haynesworth is "tired of this B.S."

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 30, 2010 11:18 AM ET
You can only push Albert Haynesworth so far before he spouts off.

"I'm tired of this B.S., I just want to get out on field and play football," Haynesworth told NBC4 in Washington on Thursday evening, before he failed the team's conditioning test for a second time.

We wonder how he feels now.

Even some teammates have "privately expressed concerned" Mike Shanahan is just trying to make an example of Haynesworth, according to Jason Reid of the Washington Post. One player say that "few players" are capable of passing the test that only Haynesworth has been required to take.

Haynesworth will get to take his third crack at the test Saturday morning; we'll see if Shanahan feels his defensive lineman has been humbled enough yet to let him practice.

bronco militia
07-30-2010, 09:02 AM
don't **** with the "little man upstairs..... ;D

ScottXray
07-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Hmmm, and so Mike is copying McD and his conditioning test?

What a difference two years off makes!

Man-Goblin
07-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Is he pushing the sled like Too Fat To Practice?

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/57/571575.jpg

Taco John
07-30-2010, 09:14 AM

Also, he's having his players practice on a grassy field... Just like McD.

Borks147
07-30-2010, 09:19 AM
didn't mcd do the same thing with champ? I guess it must be something like prison where you have to pick a fight with someone so the rest of the dudes don't shank you.

Borks147
07-30-2010, 09:20 AM
ah good call bm - thats what happens when you open multiple tabs

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-30-2010, 09:23 AM
ShanaStalin.

Smiling Assassin27
07-30-2010, 09:26 AM
shanny's screwing this up, imo.

i get that he's sending a message to those players of less stature than fat al that no one is above reproach. i also get that albert is a slob with very little work ethic or internal motivation.

but a power struggle in your first months could very well make 2010 a wasted year since you can't trade away all those who don't buy in or who are alienated by your strong arming of a supremely talented guy you'll need to go to war for you. yes, his teammates--the ones who will talk--have hammered albert for his offseason act, but you surely have guys on that team that are in his corner, especially after seeing the pi$$ing contest that the newcomer, shanny, is willing to get into on day one of training camp.

Smiling Assassin27
07-30-2010, 09:28 AM
oh, and color me grateful that we didn't make a play for this cancerous behemoth.

2KBack
07-30-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure what McD's conditioning test is, but from what I've heard reported here, the Shanatest is 3 300 yard shuttle runs. That's a lot of sprinting for a DT.

Smiling Assassin27
07-30-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm not sure what McD's conditioning test is, but from what I've heard reported here, the Shanatest is 3 300 yard shuttle runs. That's a lot of sprinting for a DT.

i concur. no DL in a 3-4 scheme will have to run more than 15 yards in any direction, maybe twice. :rofl:

Taco John
07-30-2010, 09:31 AM

i get that he's sending a message to those players of less stature than fat al that no one is above reproach. i also get that albert is a slob with very little work ethic or internal motivation.

but a power struggle in your first months could very well make 2010 a wasted year since you can't trade away all those who don't buy in or who are alienated by your strong arming of a supremely talented guy you'll need to go to war for you. yes, his teammates--the ones who will talk--have hammered albert for his offseason act, but you surely have guys on that team that are in his corner, especially after seeing the pi$$ing contest that the newcomer, shanny, is willing to get into on day one of training camp.

I think that's the point. This is something that is common to first year coaches of struggling programs. Create a division in the locker room, and determine who is with you and who isn't. Look at the Broncos from last season. Everyone who wasn't with the program is cleaned out now, and by year two, the coach has "his" guys.

Mr.Meanie
07-30-2010, 09:35 AM
I think that's the point. This is something that is common to first year coaches of struggling programs. Create a division in the locker room, and determine who is with you and who isn't. Look at the Broncos from last season. Everyone who wasn't with the program is cleaned out now, and by year two, the coach has "his" guys.

Can't fault the concept, really. The players need to buy in completely on what the coach is selling, or they won't act like a team.

I'm impressed McD has been able to completely overhaul the team in just one year into "his" guys. I'm interested to see how this plays out for Shanahan out there as well.

Smiling Assassin27
07-30-2010, 09:36 AM

This isn't really a young team, is it? I don't see how a locker room division--which will likely make 2010 a waste--will benefit the vets who will be one year older by the time some, but not all, of 'his' guys are added in 2011--a lockout year with uncertainty in the CBA. Everyone's gotta push it to win this year because next year may be a whole new beast economically. This current defense will be better with albert, plain and simple. If he dogs it in practice or games, then you have grounds to suspend or inactivate, but right now, it's just a public spectacle and I'm not sure if anyone is benefitting.

2KBack
07-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Can't fault the concept, really. The players need to buy in completely on what the coach is selling, or they won't act like a team.

I'm impressed McD has been able to completely overhaul the team in just one year into "his" guys. I'm interested to see how this plays out for Shanahan out there as well.

I'm interested in whether the fans in this area will understand it and remain patient. Lord knows a lot of Denver fans have no been able to navigate the transition peacefully, and a lot of Skin fans are already predicting an NFC east crown.

Taco John
07-30-2010, 09:41 AM
This isn't really a young team, is it? I don't see how a locker room division--which will likely make 2010 a waste--will benefit the vets who will be one year older by the time some, but not all, of 'his' guys are added in 2011--a lockout year with uncertainty in the CBA. Everyone's gotta push it to win this year because next year may be a whole new beast economically. This current defense will be better with albert, plain and simple. If he dogs it in practice or games, then you have grounds to suspend or inactivate, but right now, it's just a public spectacle and I'm not sure if anyone is benefitting.

My best buddy is a Redskins fan. From the conversations I've had with him, nobody is expecting Shanahan to fix that team in one season.

-I probably shouldn't say "nobody." There's always the over the top optimists. But my buddy says that there are a lot of fundamental problems with the team that need to be fixed. Attitude is one of them.

tsiguy96
07-30-2010, 09:46 AM
dont piss off shanahan. albert made this bed, now he needs to fix it.

Smiling Assassin27
07-30-2010, 09:52 AM
My best buddy is a Redskins fan. From the conversations I've had with him, nobody is expecting Shanahan to fix that team in one season.

-I probably shouldn't say "nobody." There's always the over the top optimists. But my buddy says that there are a lot of fundamental problems with the team that need to be fixed. Attitude is one of them.

Fair enough, though Dan Snyder expects every coach he's hired to fix his team in less than one training camp...lol

Kaylore
07-30-2010, 09:59 AM
When you a hire a coach to run your team, he deserves the right to change anything and do everything he believes will make the team win. Impeding your head coach, even with the best of intentions, only emasculates him to the players.

And too bad, Haynesworth. You're paid to do what the coach says.

azbroncfan
07-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Albert should do as he is told because he is wiping his ass with 100 dollar bills.

DenverBrit
07-30-2010, 10:23 AM

Thankfully, rational Broncos fans didn't have that expectation of McD either.

steeledude
07-30-2010, 10:28 AM

I agree with your overall idea here, but disagree in this particular case. I think we saw that issue with Mcd's handling of Cutler, because though Cutler didn't have the whole team fanatic to him, he had a circle of young talented offensive players who were pissed all year. And we had exactly the situation you said.

With Haynesworth though I'd make the argument his teammates are sick of his ****. Of course Shanny could be pushing too far, but for the most part this is a guy who has not only been outright defiant, but he also was given the option to leave or collect a huge bonus and be quiet, and he collected the bonus then wasn't quiet. I think his team is pretty pissed at him.

DHallblows
07-30-2010, 10:31 AM
I agree with your overall idea here, but disagree in this particular case. I think we saw that issue with Mcd's handling of Cutler, because though Cutler didn't have the whole team fanatic to him, he had a circle of young talented offensive players who were pissed all year. And we had exactly the situation you said.

With Haynesworth though I'd make the argument his teammates are sick of his ****. Of course Shanny could be pushing too far, but for the most part this is a guy who has not only been outright defiant, but he also was given the option to leave or collect a huge bonus and be quiet, and he collected the bonus then wasn't quiet. I think his team is pretty pissed at him.

Why are you here? Aren't you not a Broncos fan anymore?

DomCasual
07-30-2010, 10:47 AM
I love me some Shanahan.

At this point, what would Shanahan have to lose with the guy quitting? He'd go after a big portion of his signing bonus, right?

Haynesworth is in a no-win position. Best thing he could do, at this point, is pass the conditioning test.

I just read a column by Mike Wise of the Washington Post where he's actually asking Shanahan to go easy on the big fellow. It sounds like yesterday was painful to watch, and that was just the first day of the failed test. :D

Tombstone RJ
07-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Albert Haynesworth is "tired of this B.S."

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 30, 2010 11:18 AM ET
You can only push Albert Haynesworth so far before he spouts off.

"I'm tired of this B.S., I just want to get out on field and play football," Haynesworth told NBC4 in Washington on Thursday evening, before he failed the team's conditioning test for a second time.

We wonder how he feels now.

Even some teammates have "privately expressed concerned" Mike Shanahan is just trying to make an example of Haynesworth, according to Jason Reid of the Washington Post. One player say that "few players" are capable of passing the test that only Haynesworth has been required to take.

Haynesworth will get to take his third crack at the test Saturday morning; we'll see if Shanahan feels his defensive lineman has been humbled enough yet to let him practice.

Mike Shanahan fail.

Why isolate this player Mikey? Why can't you just get along with him (like McD was supposed to do with Jayby and Wife Beater)?

Traveler
07-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Shanahan is right on the issue. He has to set an example. Fat Albert has no one to blame but himself.

Haynesworth bad mouthed the FO on more than one occasion. Even after they paid him the $21 million. He refused to attend a mandatory camp and chose to train away from the team this offseason. All because he wanted to be traded because he didn't believe the new defense didn't fit his talents or allow him to free lance like he could with the Titans.

Evidently, he didn't train hard enough in the offseason to pass the conditioning test and now wants to complain that he's being singled out. Sorry Al, you alone put the bullseye squarely on yourself. Shut up, work on your stamina and earn that $21 million.

DomCasual
07-30-2010, 11:26 AM
What does everyone expect Shanahan to do? It's not like this is a new thing. Here's a good overview of the whole "fitness test" thing.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/An-inside-look-at-the-NFL-conditioning-tests.html

An inside look at the NFL conditioning tests

by Matt Bowen
July 30, 02010

Thereís been a lot of talk this week about the conditioning tests conducted around the league on the first day of camp. And, when a big name player happens to fail one of these running tests, it becomes news. I will be the first to admit that these "tests" have nothing to do with a player's ability from a football standpoint. But, coaches aren't looking for that on these days.

On most teams, they are a requirement. Fail the test and you sit. Just like we saw from Baltimore rookie Terrence Cody, RB Joe McKnight of the Jets and the Redskinsí Albert Haynesworth (under odd circumstances). Do it again until you can find a way to pass the test and get on the practice field. They are timed, and as a player, you know they are coming.

They havenít changed much. When I played it was a 300-yard shuttle. In different combinations (some require six 50-yard sprints and others require twelve 25-yard sprints), they add up to 300 total yards. Think of old-school gassers. Run, touch the line, and come back ó over and over until you have run a total of 300 yards. Rest in between sets and get back on the line. The times are broken down into three position groups: skill (WR, DB, RB), semi-skill (LB, TE, QB) and linemen (OL, DL). Each group has a time they have to complete each set in.

In Green Bay under Mike Sherman, you ran three of them ó with about a two minute rest in between. They are nasty. For the skill guys, the time limit was under 48 seconds. We ran the 300-yard shuttle ó made up of six 50-yard sprints ó took that small rest and got ready to do it again. By the end, your legs feel like Jell-O.

Not every team does it. In Buffalo with Dick Jauron, if you went through the offseason program, you didn't have to run a test. This was the case with Haynesworth in Washington. Didn't show this spring and had to prove to head coach Mike Shanahan that he was in football shape. And, according to reports this morning, the DT has failed the test for the second straight day. Not good.

If you play defense for Gregg Williams, his test is on the day of the first practice ó in pads. Forty up-downs in full gear right after the team stretch (which are filmed and watched in meetings). Not fun in the Virginia heat and I canít even imagine what it is like to do 40-up downs in pads down in New Orleans right now. And, donít forget that you have a full two-hour practice to get through after you pass his test. By the time you get to 7-on-7 drills, your body is spent.

But, the real point here is that you know they are coming. Therefore, there is no excuse to fail one of these tests. It is more about accountability than anything else. If you have been in the offseason program and used the month of July to stay in top shape and take care of your body, you should have no problem finishing this test. Take care of it, and show the coaching staff that you are ready to practice. It is part of your job as a player in the NFL.

Ready for fantasy football? Click here to purchase the Total Access Pass/ Draft Guide from the NFP.

Follow me on Twitter: MattBowen41

Drek
07-30-2010, 11:46 AM

If true that is a bad precedent for Shanahan to set.

Rabb
07-30-2010, 11:47 AM
If true that is a bad precedent for Shanahan to set.

yes and no

it's based on the standpoint that only players that didn't go to OTA's had to do it from what I gather

Stormontheplains
07-30-2010, 12:00 PM

Shanny did this same thing with Montrae Holland after he signed the extension and showd up to camp 40lbs overwieght. No copying of Mcdouche.

24champ
07-30-2010, 12:13 PM

The TFTP legend returns!;D

Man-Goblin
07-30-2010, 12:17 PM
The TFTP legend returns!;D

There are really only two questions about this Haynesworth thing:

1. Does Washington have a sled and did Tuten get a kickback?

and 2. Are the Redskins going to let the D-line loose this year?

Smiling Assassin27
07-30-2010, 12:20 PM
2. Are the Redskins going to let the D-line loose this year?

In a 3-4 it's the LB's that get turned loose, not the DL's, yes?

Tombstone RJ
07-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Shanahan is right on the issue. He has to set an example. Fat Albert has no one to blame but himself.

Haynesworth bad mouthed the FO on more than one occasion. Even after they paid him the $21 million. He refused to attend a mandatory camp and chose to train away from the team this offseason. All because he wanted to be traded because he didn't believe the new defense didn't fit his talents or allow him to free lance like he could with the Titans.

Evidently, he didn't train hard enough in the offseason to pass the conditioning test and now wants to complain that he's being singled out. Sorry Al, you alone put the bullseye squarely on yourself. Shut up, work on your stamina and earn that $21 million.

Shanahan created the problem by taking a perfectly good 4-3 defense and changing it to a 3-4 defense.

Mike Shanahan the idiot. He failed and failed and failed for years in Denver with the defense and he never switched it to a 3-4. He kept ramming the 4-3 system down everyone's throat when he had the talent (IMHO) better suited for a 3-4. But Mike is Mike and he know's everything right?

Why switch to a 3-4 when you have a great 4-3 team with a guy like Haynsworth getting millions and millions of dollars to play the 4-3 tackle position?

Now Mike has isolated his best and most highly paid player on the defense and he's created a locker room distraction. Nice work Mike.

Nice fail Mike.

azbroncfan
07-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Shanahan created the problem by taking a perfectly good 4-3 defense and changing it to a 3-4 defense.

Mike Shanahan the idiot. He failed and failed and failed for years in Denver with the defense and he never switched it to a 3-4. He kept ramming the 4-3 system down everyone's throat when he had the talent (IMHO) better suited for a 3-4. But Mike is Mike and he know's everything right?

Why switch to a 3-4 when you have a great 4-3 team with a guy like Haynsworth getting millions and millions of dollars to play the 4-3 tackle position?

Now Mike has isolated his best and most highly paid player on the defense and he's created a locker room distraction. Nice work Mike.

Nice fail Mike.

I agree but Denver didn't have good 3-4 or 4-3 parts in shanny's last few years here in Denver.

Traveler
07-30-2010, 12:43 PM

Nice fail Mike.

We can argue that it might be a mistake for Shanahan to change schemes. That's another topic.

Fact is he's the HC. It's his call whether the players agree or not. Josh did with the same with offense here even though many folks believed he shouldn't have done anything.

The issue here is that Albert's thoughts are similar to yours. He didn't agree with the change, talked with the coach to inform him of his thoughts on the matter.

Shanahan didn't agree and made the change anyway. So in protest, Albert avoided the offseason activities, blasted the FO in the press in hopes of getting traded. Trade didn't happen and he's still with the team.

He evidently was lax in his offseason training and can't pass the fitness test. So what does he do? Complains some more.

Fat Albert has $21 million reasons to be quiet and focus on his conditioning if he wants to get on the playing field so badly.

I have no sympathy for him at all.

Mike did make plenty of mistakes here in Denver before and after the SB years (emphasis on after).

We'll just have to agree to disagree if Shanny is wrong on this matter.

Tombstone RJ
07-30-2010, 12:55 PM
We can argue that it might be a mistake for Shanahan to change schemes. That's another topic.

Fact is he's the HC. It's his call whether the players agree or not. Josh did with the same with offense here even though many folks believed he shouldn't have done anything.

The issue here is that Albert's thoughts are similar to yours. He didn't agree with the change, talked with the coach to inform him of his thoughts on the matter.

Shanahan didn't agree and made the change anyway. So in protest, Albert avoided the offseason activities, blasted the FO in the press in hopes of getting traded. Trade didn't happen and he's still with the team.

He evidently was lax in his offseason training and can't pass the fitness test. So what does he do? Complains some more.

Fat Albert has $21 million reason to be quiet and focus on his conditioning if he wants to get on the playing field so badly.

I have no sympathy for him at all.

Mike did make plenty of mistakes here in Denver before and after the SB years (emphasis on after).

We'll just have to agree to disagree if Shanny is wrong on this matter.

Yes, McD went to a spread offense which is a QB friendly offense. Had Cutler pulled his head out, he'd have realized it was best for him to stay. But we all know that Cutler is more about Cutler than the team.

You can argue how good the Broncos offense was under Shanny/Cutler but the fact is it was very average in scoring and it broke down in the redzone. Yeah, it racked up good numbers but if you can't score, who cares?

Shanahan took a very good defense and threw a grenade into it for no other reason than to say "I want a 3-4 defense!" He very well could have transitioned into a 3-4 without announcing to the world he was going full on to a 3-4 defense and isolating his best player.

I love it how some peeps here blasted McD because he didn't cater to Cutler and Marshall's egos when that is simply not true. It was Cutler's ego that forced him out. Mike Shanahan on the other hand has already put his defense under the knife by creating a bad atmosphere in the locker room. Shanahan should have known better. He should have allowed the team to transition into the 3-4 over time. NFL defenses are not inflexible and every team uses 4-3 and 3-4 alignments based on game planning the opponent.

bronclvr
07-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Haynesworth needs to shut his trap and do the work-he has 21 million reasons to do so, and he should be an example-in this case he is an example, just not one you'd want to emulate.

On Sirius NFL Radio this morning Carl Banks said that he believes that Haynesworth is not going to be with the Redskins, that they have already made up their minds and are just running him into the ground.

Marshall Faulk believes that Haynesworth will suddenly develop a Hamstring or lower Back problem, therefore he has reported and is due the 21 mil-what is funny about that is that he had talked to Albert the night before-I guess we will see-

HILife
07-30-2010, 01:53 PM

Looks like he got some man boobage, going on there.

TheReverend
07-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Oh the Shanahan doghouse... former residence of Tatum Bell, Deltha O'Neal and so many more

jhns
07-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Mike Shanahan fail.

Why isolate this player Mikey? Why can't you just get along with him (like McD was supposed to do with Jayby and Wife Beater)?

You guys comparing what Shanahan does to McDaniels are a joke. If McDaniels were handling this, they would be out one of their best players and have nothing but unproven draft picks to show for it. If it was McDaniels, you would have seen the coach in the media a lot more making excuses. They do not handle these things even close to the same way. I wish McDaniels would have just been a dick to Cutler to put him in line rather than wet himself and give him away. A smart coach would have told Cutler that he was either going to shut up and play or he could go f himself and retire.

There are very few similarities between the way these two handle players.

listopencil
07-30-2010, 02:30 PM
You can argue how good the Broncos offense was under Shanny/Cutler but the fact is it was very average in scoring and it broke down in the redzone. Yeah, it racked up good numbers but if you can't score, who cares?

This really should be posted on the front page of the site, as required reading before entry into the discussion board.

jhns
07-30-2010, 02:36 PM
This really should be posted on the front page of the site, as required reading before entry into the discussion board.

Some false/uninformed statements?

listopencil
07-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Some false statements?

...if you were able to pull your head out of your ass long enough to process his statement you wouldn't be on so many ignore lists.

jhns
07-30-2010, 02:42 PM
...if you were able to pull your head out of your ass long enough to process his statement you wouldn't be on so many ignore lists.

You mean if I covered my ears, closed my eyes, and screamed as loud as I could I would be about as informed as you guys that don't understand the stats you are looking at? Sure.

See, I like acting like a big baby the same as you guys. I also like to be right though. I would love to see you or him back that claim though.

Requiem
07-30-2010, 02:52 PM
21st and 16th in scoring the last two years under Shanahan as coach, with Jay as quarterback.

errand
07-30-2010, 02:55 PM
i concur. no DL in a 3-4 scheme will have to run more than 15 yards in any direction, maybe twice. :rofl:

Former Charger lineman Louie Kelcher on the importance of 40 times...

"If i gotta chase a guy 40 yards I'm not gonna catch him anyways..."

Having said , if you sign a $100 million dollar contract, you should run 300 yards naked with people shooting you in the ass with pellet guns if told to.

errand
07-30-2010, 03:02 PM

Exactly, Bill Parcells said it best..."You take the guys who don't want to play for you, and get them off your team and put them on someone else's team"

Eldorado
07-30-2010, 03:12 PM
You mean if I covered my ears, closed my eyes, and screamed as loud as I could I would be about as informed as you guys that don't understand the stats you are looking at? Sure.

See, I like acting like a big baby the same as you guys. I also like to be right though. I would love to see you or him back that claim though.

21st and 16th in scoring the last two years under Shanahan as coach, with Jay as quarterback.

pwnt.

Kaylore
07-30-2010, 03:18 PM
But, the real point here is that you know they are coming. Therefore, there is no excuse to fail one of these tests. It is more about accountability than anything else.

This is the critical point. It's not about needing a player to do this in a real game situation. It's about showing how responsible you are and creating accountability in the clubhouse.

Broncoman13
07-30-2010, 03:46 PM
This is the critical point. It's not about needing a player to do this in a real game situation. It's about showing how responsible you are and creating accountability in the clubhouse.

I'm not disagreeing with you here but you do realize that this isn't a conditioning test required by everyone on the team. He is being singled out... and rightfully so, he skipped all of the conditioning program so the staff has to assess where he is, but this isn't like McD's test where everyone on the team has to pass it prior to practicing.

DomCasual
07-30-2010, 03:54 PM
pwnt.

As per usual.

Cito Pelon
07-30-2010, 04:16 PM

You didn't like that last year, you think maybe it's ok now?

Cito Pelon
07-30-2010, 04:22 PM

I hope the Broncs think that way.

Cito Pelon
07-30-2010, 04:25 PM
When you a hire a coach to run your team, he deserves the right to change anything and do everything he believes will make the team win. Impeding your head coach, even with the best of intentions, only emasculates him to the players.

Yup.

Taco John
07-30-2010, 05:54 PM
You didn't like that last year, you think maybe it's ok now?

It is what it is. I felt at the time the way that SmilingAssasin27 put it: like it was a wasted year. That was an early verdict though - the feeling in the moment. The true measure of whether last year was a wasted year or not will come this season.

watermock
07-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Haynsworth has allready been given that 21 million.

Shanahan is just using the good ole boy approach. He doesn't like it anymore than you men.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1fuDDqU6n4o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1fuDDqU6n4o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Beantown Bronco
07-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Shanahan created the problem

How do you figure, considering Haynesworth was rocking the boat last season when Shanny was home in Denver in his tanning bed? And the year before. And the year before that.

bpc
07-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Listen, anybody that didn't participate in 50% of the Redskins offseason workouts had to perform this conditioning test. It's not like at the beginning of offseason training, they didn't give fat Alber the schedule, what the workouts looked like, or what the conditioning test would be should he not show.

Mike's right on this issue. Give somebody a pass on a conditioning test after he's flipped the whole team the bird all offseason while they worked? F that. Championships aren't given, Mike knows this. So he conditions the players to know it as well.

Guess what notorious offseason workout ditcher was there for most of them?

Clinton Portis. Not hard to understand why... because about 5 years ago before Shanahan punted his ass out of Denver, he let him know that he doesn't play that ****. Guess CP finally got the message. If Fat Albert is smart, so will he.

Mike Shanahan = Great coach. He's gonna have plenty of success in Washington.

SoCalBronco
07-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Haynesworth picked the wrong guy to pick a fight with. He'll get embarassed all camp. It's not going to stop with the conditioning tests. Good for Shanny.

tsiguy96
07-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Haynesworth picked the wrong guy to pick a fight with. He'll get embarassed all camp. It's not going to stop with the conditioning tests. Good for Shanny.

one thing no one can *argue with, call him whatever you want but shanahan doesnt lose these battles, ever.

Kaylore
07-30-2010, 09:46 PM
one thing no one can agree with, call him whatever you want but shanahan doesnt lose these battles, ever.

Actually, I think we're all pretty much in agreement. We saw for year what happened when players were in the doghouse of Shanny. There was no return.

tsiguy96
07-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Actually, I think we're all pretty much in agreement. We saw for year what happened when players were in the doghouse of Shanny. There was no return.

i meant argue with.

fdf
07-30-2010, 11:23 PM

OTOH, you have bizarre Shanahan behavior like IHOP, Dale Carter, Nate Johnson, Patrick Hape and Trevor McGriff.

This stuff with Haynesworth is probably necessary. Either the coach gets control of a talented a$$hole or he doesn't have control of the team. Might as well get it over with at the git go. Too bad he couldn't do that with Denver's talented a$$holes. But that still wouldn't have fixed the D.

DomCasual
07-31-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm sure his getting injured is going to make Shanahan feel better about him.

It's like my son. I'll say, "Little DomCasual, that rock is slippery. You're going to fall in the water."

"I'm find, Dad. I know what I'm doing!"

"LITTLE DOMCASUAL! I'M TELLING YOU! YOU'RE GOING TO FALL IN THE WATER!"

"I'm fine, Dad. Why do you always..."

KER-PLUNK!

They never listen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5426008

Haynesworth not taking test Saturday

ASHBURN, Va. -- Albert Haynesworth went to work Saturday morning with a slightly swollen knee, forcing him to scrap his latest chance to pass the Washington Redskins' conditioning test and keeping him exiled from practice for yet another day.

The two-time All-Pro defensive tackle arrived early at Redskins Park and told the team he had some irritation in one of his knees. Doctors recommended that he not take the test, and instead ride a stationary bike and get treatment.

"Here's a setback already," coach Mike Shanahan said. "His knee's a little bit swollen. Hopefully it's not too bad."

Shanahan is requiring Haynesworth to pass the test, which consists of two timed 300-yard shuttle runs, before taking part in practice. Haynesworth is the only player required to do so because he skipped the team's offseason conditioning program.

Haynesworth failed the test Thursday and Friday, and it's uncertain when he will try again. He had been undergoing specific training to help him pass the test, which might have contributed to the knee problem.

Haynesworth did make his first appearance on the field during a practice, albeit briefly. Wearing his No. 92 jersey for the first time at this training camp and holding a piece of paper in his hands, he stood to the side and watched the defense walk through some plays for about 10 minutes.

He stood next to defensive line coach Jacob Burney, who kept pointing to the other players to help explain the terminology of the team's new 3-4 defense.

After practice, Haynesworth emerged again to walk through some plays individually with Burney and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, as he has done after every practice so far during camp. Shanahan said Haynesworth would again be an observer at the afternoon team walkthrough.

The switch to the 3-4 is the main reason Haynesworth did not want to stay in Washington, but the Redskins did not bow to his wish for a trade after he accepted a $21 million bonus in April.

Now he has to learn the defense, but he is getting taught without actually practicing it. In addition to observing the workouts, he is attending the regular team meetings to learn the schemes and terminology.

"Even though he's not in pads," Shanahan said, "he's still getting the work in.

Br0nc0Buster
07-31-2010, 12:25 PM
All the players were warned if they did not go to enough mini camp practices they would be required to take the conditioning test, everyone except Haynesworth went to enough

He is such a fat piece of crap, one of the worst FA acquisitions I have ever seen, prolly the worst actually

BigPlayShay
07-31-2010, 12:32 PM
http://twitter.com/eddieroyal19/status/20008904843

eddieroyal19: Everybody passed the conditioning test.. good way to kick off the season

jhns
08-02-2010, 06:16 AM
pwnt.

I agree, they did pwnt themselves. Way to show you guys really don't understand the numbers.

jhns
08-02-2010, 06:20 AM

This is great and all but don't you think we should look at offensive stats to talk about the offense? I mean, you are showing the team had problems. This isn't really saying anything bad about the offense though. Why not post the offensive scoring stats and then try hating on them?

Greybeard
08-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Good for Shanny!

No room for prima donnas, and Haynesworth has been a problem more places than one . . .

-----

oubronco
08-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Mike Golic just passed the same conditioning test that Hainesworth can't pass and he hasn't trained in years...............Too funny

it was on NFL live

DomCasual
08-02-2010, 05:02 PM
This is great and all but don't you think we should look at offensive stats to talk about the offense? I mean, you are showing the team had problems. This isn't really saying anything bad about the offense though. Why not post the offensive scoring stats and then try hating on them?

Isn't scoring sort of an offensive stat? ???

Taco John
08-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Mike Golic just passed the same conditioning test that Hainesworth can't pass and he hasn't trained in years...............Too funny

it was on NFL live

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! :rofl:

Haynesworth just got P-U-N-K-E-D!

WolfpackGuy
08-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Shanahan better watch out or Albert will go Gurode on his ass.

24champ
08-03-2010, 12:54 AM
He stood next to defensive line coach Jacob Burney, who kept pointing to the other players to help explain the terminology of the team's new 3-4 defense.

After practice, Haynesworth emerged again to walk through some plays individually with Burney and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, as he has done after every practice so far during camp. Shanahan said Haynesworth would again be an observer at the afternoon team walkthrough.

How the hell does Jacob Burney still have a ****ing job in the NFL?Ha!

Florida_Bronco
08-03-2010, 12:56 AM
How the hell does Jacob Burney still have a ****ing job in the NFL?Ha!

That's pathetic.

24champ
08-03-2010, 01:01 AM
That's pathetic.

Seriously, the guy doesn't coach up the DL at all. I remember at training camp one year, and Burney didn't say more than 2 words to any of the DL he was supposed to be coaching. Just yelled out "Good job Moss!" or "There ya go!".

Florida_Bronco
08-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Seriously, the guy doesn't coach up the DL at all. I remember at training camp one year, and Burney didn't say more than 2 words to any of the DL he was supposed to be coaching. Just yelled out "Good job Moss!" or "There ya go!".

Yeah. Shanny should change his job title to "ineffectual motivational speaker".

SouthStndJunkie
08-03-2010, 01:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPbU9S4Lvhs

Mike Golic Passes The Conditioning Test That Albert Haynesworth Failed

jhns
08-03-2010, 06:15 AM
Isn't scoring sort of an offensive stat? ???

No, it isn't. At least not the stat you guys are claiming is.

Also, it is pretty funny that Golic was able to pass that test. I know Haynesworth has attitude problems but I didn't realize he was that lazy.

Greybeard
08-03-2010, 07:57 AM

Certainly don't want to emasculate in public. That's for sure . . .

-----

Fusionfrontman
08-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Like they said on Espn, it is not the idea that DL ever have to run more than 15 yards at once time, it is to condition them so they can be in the best physical condition from the 1st to the 4th quarter. Just like our smaller OL with Shanny used to wear down opponents DL in the 4th Q b/c of their conditioning and stamina, Shanny is making sure that Sluggo is in the kind of shape that does not wear down int eh 4th.

For a guy with so much talent as he has, and getting paid as much too, you need him dominating in the 4th Q and second half of the year.

That being said, Golick even half assed it the final stretch. Sad

Tombstone RJ
08-03-2010, 08:34 AM
for me, it's all about the care factor, as in, I don't care...

Beantown Bronco
08-03-2010, 09:11 AM
I think Shanny should start pulling some of the "more robust" fans out of the stands randomly just to see how many of them could pass it......

Steve Sewell
08-03-2010, 09:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPbU9S4Lvhs

Mike Golic Passes The Conditioning Test That Albert Haynesworth Failed

lol owned

mwill07
08-03-2010, 09:20 AM

which offensive stats show up on the scoreboard again?

hint: it's not called the "yardboard", and you don't beat a team by out-yarding them.

jhns
08-03-2010, 09:25 AM
which offensive stats show up on the scoreboard again?

hint: it's not called the "yardboard", and you don't beat a team by out-yarding them.

Who said anything about yards? I said use an offensive stat to talk crap about the offense or you look dumb.

Kaylore
08-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Hey now. Sometimes he would point at the ground.

Eldorado
08-03-2010, 09:40 AM
That jhiz guy is giving idiots a bad name.

jhns
08-03-2010, 10:44 AM
That jhiz guy is giving idiots a bad name.

Really? Maybe you should look at your "offensive scoring" stat and see how they came up with it. Maybe you can remind me of when Nate Webster was playing on offense. Was he at RB or receiver? What play did they run for him to get that TD?

The offensive scoring rankings are not even close to the team scoring rankings. I guess you are right though. I would be giving idiots a bad name. I actually do my homework before talking about a subject.

oubronco
08-03-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm not disagreeing with you here but you do realize that this isn't a conditioning test required by everyone on the team. He is being singled out... and rightfully so, he skipped all of the conditioning program so the staff has to assess where he is, but this isn't like McD's test where everyone on the team has to pass it prior to practicing.

They are paying him a ****load of money they can do whatever they want

oubronco
08-03-2010, 11:51 AM
All the players were warned if they did not go to enough mini camp practices they would be required to take the conditioning test, everyone except Haynesworth went to enough

He is such a fat piece of crap, one of the worst FA acquisitions I have ever seen, prolly the worst actually

Dale Carter

Eddie Quiterson

24champ
08-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Hey now. Sometimes he would point at the ground.

Sometimes he would clap too. What a great coach.

Beantown Bronco
08-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Dale Carter

Eddie Quiterson

Those two guys combined made far less in Denver than Haynesworth did in just one day this Spring.

oubronco
08-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Those two guys combined made far less in Denver than Haynesworth did in just one day this Spring.

They were still pieces of chit

Eldorado
08-03-2010, 12:43 PM
You know what I think is retarded? When some @$$hole tries to argue that Total points isn't indicative of offensive skill in the game of football.

In a thread about Haynesworth.

bombay
08-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I don't care about Haynesworth, but Shanahan is ****ing with this guy hoping he'll quit. I've seen this before.

With regard to golic, I thought it was 3/300, not 2? Golic didn't actually make the time cut, either.

Naggle Nole
08-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Dale Carter

Eddie Quiterson

Throw in IHOP and we have a deal

jhns
You know what I think is retarded? When some @$$hole tries to argue that Total points isn't indicative of offensive skill in the game of football.

In a thread about Haynesworth.

Or when you are made to look stupid by that person because you backed others that didn't know what they were talking about. You sure didn't have this problem when some other poster started talking about the Cutler led offense in a Haynesworth thread. You sure didn't have this problem as you told me I got "pwnt" by others that didn't know what they were talking about. You seem to have only developed a problem with this after getting schooled. Funny stuff.

Again, it shows you have nothing when you don't even have an offensive stat to hold against an offense. Sorry, I just point out the truth.

Br0nc0Buster
Dale Carter

Eddie Quiterson

well the Skins made him the highest paid defensive player ever I think when they signed him

That alone I think is why he is the worst
guys like Travis Henry, Carter, etc... were bad, but Albert takes the cake

then eats it

Eldorado
08-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Or when you are made to look stupid by that person because you backed others that didn't know what they were talking about. You sure didn't have this problem when some other poster started talking about the Cutler led offense in a Haynesworth thread. You sure didn't have this problem as you told me I got "pwnt" by others that didn't know what they were talking about. You seem to have only developed a problem with this after getting schooled. Funny stuff.

Again, it shows you have nothing when you don't even have an offensive stat to hold against an offense. Sorry, I just point out the truth.

ROFL! What a little girl.

But seriously, I think you're right. The 08 offense was a lot better than it looked. So many injuries to the running back that they called up some dude selling cell phones at the mall. Historically bad D.

I can't, in all honesty, say that that D was going to turn around, but I do think shanny would have straighted out cutlers decision making and turn over problem. I really think that shanny was putting together a historically prolific offense.

Just out of curiosity, since you are such an numbers guy, where did denvers O rank in terms of offensive points?

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2010, 01:56 PM
shouldn't the title read BS is tired of Albert.

Try not to cleat stomp a guy on the head and face Fat Albert.

jhns
08-03-2010, 02:03 PM
ROFL! What a little girl.

But seriously, I think you're right. The 08 offense was a lot better than it looked. So many injuries to the running back that they called up some dude selling cell phones at the mall. Historically bad D.

I can't, in all honesty, say that that D was going to turn around, but I do think shanny would have straighted out cutlers decision making and turn over problem. I really think that shanny was putting together a historically prolific offense.

Just out of curiosity, since you are such an numbers guy, where did denvers O rank in terms of offensive points?

I agree with you on every point. I didn't see that defense getting better under Shanahan either and that is why I was never against him being fired.

As for the offensive scoring, I would tell you but I don't like you. Also, that makes for a pretty long conversation and I wouldn't want you to think I was even more retarded for having that conversation in a thread about Haynesworth.

Eldorado
08-03-2010, 04:27 PM
I agree with you on every point. I didn't see that defense getting better under Shanahan either and that is why I was never against him being fired.

As for the offensive scoring, I would tell you but I don't like you. Also, that makes for a pretty long conversation and I wouldn't want you to think I was even more retarded for having that conversation in a thread about Haynesworth.

jhns at work.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-nsPE9rxndY"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-nsPE9rxndY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>