PDA

View Full Version : So who's going to Canton?

The Moops
07-30-2010, 06:57 AM
C'mon Broncos fans . . . let's show some support for "The Franchise" !!!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Man, I'd love to go. I'm guessing you'll be there, Moops?

I think I have an impending move to Seattle, so it's going to be tough for me to make the trip. Hope you have an awesome time, though, and I hope you're joined by a bunch of Broncos fans.

broncosteven
07-30-2010, 09:17 AM
I am going!

Taco John
07-30-2010, 09:49 AM
I wish. Canton is one hell of an experience. Everyone should make it at least once in their lives. It's awesome.

It's hard for me to leave an 8 month pregnant wife behind with a 3 year old, or else I'd be there.

big56fan#1
07-30-2010, 12:35 PM
I"ll be there been waiting for this one for a while. Gonna show my little girl football history and what makes football great.

broncosteven
07-30-2010, 01:56 PM
I"ll be there been waiting for this one for a while. Gonna show my little girl football history and what makes football great.

I would take some Hefty bags to put over Irvin and LT's busts among others.

The Moops
07-30-2010, 02:26 PM
I haven't been in 10 years so I'm sure it's even more of a Zoo!

broncosteven
07-30-2010, 02:32 PM
I haven't been in 10 years so I'm sure it's even more of a Zoo!

I went to Elway's that was the 1st year that they stopped doing the ceremony on the steps of the HOF and moved it into the stadium.

It was a zoo then. Now this year with Rice and Emmit going in I am guessing it will be even more crazy.

Hogan11
07-30-2010, 03:01 PM
It's making me heartsick to miss this....why did my niece have to pick HoF induction day to get married?? :(

Taco John
07-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Every time I see this thread, I get nostalgic about the Elway induction. It was quite awesome. Meck wanted to sneak off and jump the fence and wander the stadium grounds. He got about halfway up the fence before security came over to check out what we were doing. So we ended up BSing with security for awhile. After awhile, we headed back to the spot we were camping, and fired up a midnight bbq.

Awesome time...

big56fan#1
07-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Taco,i agree it was awsome. lori and i sleeping in our little car and the food was awsome thanks to Meck,Disco,and Broncobum6162. Ive never have had so much fun.;D

OBF1
07-30-2010, 04:49 PM
That Elway weekend was crazy... What a great time to be a Bronco fan.

chadta
07-31-2010, 06:35 AM
i had such big plans on going, but the guys that i hang out with that are bronco fans, all had kids, and cant get away, unlike me who had a 2 year old and a pregnant wife when elway went in, i still made it, so anyhow what im trying to say is im not going, its no fun going alone.

i will be spending the weekend rocking my bronco gear at cedar point with my wife and kids tho, so sunday or monday if your at cedar point and you see some tall guy in bronco orange, come say hi.

broncocalijohn
07-31-2010, 01:06 PM
money is so tight. I am missing this and Halloween in England for the Broncos game. Maybe roadie to Arizona this year. Mopps, hope you have a front row seat personally alloted by The Franchise himself. You deserve it.

g00fyfoot
07-31-2010, 01:13 PM
I will be commemorating FL's induction by reading his book. And hopefully I'll be watching his induction speech at Mile High on Saturday.

iDENVER
07-31-2010, 11:12 PM
i had such big plans on going, but the guys that i hang out with that are bronco fans, all had kids, and cant get away, unlike me who had a 2 year old and a pregnant wife when elway went in, i still made it, so anyhow what im trying to say is im not going, its no fun going alone.

i will be spending the weekend rocking my bronco gear at cedar point with my wife and kids tho, so sunday or monday if your at cedar point and you see some tall guy in bronco orange, come say hi.

I'm going here also

studbucket
08-01-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm headed as well.

broncobum6162
08-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Definitely one of the highlights of my life. I will never forget the 3 days of nonstop tailgating w/ the HOF experience, touch football, bonding w/ Bum Jr., meeting a LOT of great people who are friends to this day. And yes Taco, I remember sitting around my firepit hashing out this new thing called the Orangemane w/ you. Then here comes Meck and Disco shooting off fireworks........................................: thumbs:

Every time I see this thread, I get nostalgic about the Elway induction. It was quite awesome. Meck wanted to sneak off and jump the fence and wander the stadium grounds. He got about halfway up the fence before security came over to check out what we were doing. So we ended up BSing with security for awhile. After awhile, we headed back to the spot we were camping, and fired up a midnight bbq.

Awesome time...

OrangenBlueOhio
08-01-2010, 08:13 AM

Awesome time...

I was there for the Elway induction as well. Were'nt you guys camped out in somebody"s front yard? I haven'y been back since. But I got some free admission tickets at an Indians game, maybe I'll take the boys.

B-Love
08-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Moops, I will be there with some friends and my son. Would love to shake your hand and talk old school Broncos stuff!

Hope to see you there and meet you!

chadta
08-02-2010, 05:52 AM
cedar point was packed yesterday, hopefully not so much today, early admission is in an hour tho so i gotta get going

The Moops
08-02-2010, 10:34 AM
I know it's a tough year and a tough economy for anyone to be going anywhere. I think it's awesome the Broncos are going to show Floyd's speech on the jumbotron after the practice game.

I'm not looking forward to wading through the masses of people and the heat with my wife an young son, but I wouldn't miss the opportunity to experience Floyd's induction for almost anything.

Dendave
08-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Wish I could make it and wish I knew of the Mane back in '04...everytime I see this thread it eats at me that I didn't know of it back then

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=15518&highlight=canton+pictures