PDA

View Full Version : maxdenver camp report 7/28

crush17
07-28-2010, 04:11 PM
http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/07/28/clady-reid-to-pup-thomas-tebow-still-unsigned-as-camp-begins/

As most of Denver’s rookies and a few of their veterans convened for the first of four pre-training camp sessions Wednesday, most questions revolved around the players who were not and will not be practicing, rather than the ones who were.

The status of first-rounders Tim Tebow and Demaryius Thomas remained unchanged; they are stlll unsigned and did not join their fellow rookies on the field.

“We hope to have both of them as soon as possible. I don’t have a timetable,” McDaniels said.

Thomas and Tebow could both be on the field Sunday. Darrell Reid and Ryan Clady will not. After sitting out organized team activities with their injuries, McDaniels said they will be placed on the physically-unable-to-perform-list at the start of training camp.

If they are on the PUP list when the regular season begins, they will sit out the first six weeks. Being on the PUP list at training camp does not necessarily have an impact on the regular season.

With Clady ruled out, McDaniels said that Tyler Polumbus will work at left tackle when full camp sessions begin Sunday morning at Dove Valley. Ryan Harris, who was injured during most of OTAs but was on hand for Wednesday’s pre-camp session, will line up at right tackle, with Chris Kuper next to him at right guard. The left guard and center positions will rotate among a few different players, McDaniels said.

BUT THERE WERE SOME HAPPY RETURNS on Wednesday, most notably for offensive lineman Russ Hochstein and wide receiver Eric Decker. Neither practiced during OTAs, but both were on the field and worked fully.

Hochstein and Harris were joined by fellow veterans Nick Greisen and J.J. Arrington on the field Wednesday. Second-year safety Darcel McBath and tight end Marquez Branson, who missed some time during OTAs, also practiced.

“It’s great to see them out there and participating,” McDaniels said.

Popps
07-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Greisen was a pretty good utility guy for the Ravens, as I recall. Glad to see he's back out there.

On July 1, 2008, he was the youngest player to receive a vote from ESPN.COM's coach's poll for the smartest players. At 28, Greisen (one vote) joined teammates Ed Reed (three votes) and Ray Lewis (second place with four votes) on the list, which was led by Zach Thomas (six votes).

Not a surprise McD would want to add depth with a guy like this.

24champ
07-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Good to see "Flandcrest Enterpises" keep his word on covering camp...

Lev Vyvanse
07-28-2010, 04:41 PM
McDaniels said that Tyler Polumbus will work at left tackle

I die a little inside each time I read something like this.

Flandcrest Enterprises
07-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey, it's what I do now. Building a publication from the ground up. Practice, games, the whole enchilada. Mmmm ... enchiladas.

Good to see "Flandcrest Enterpises" keep his word on covering camp...

Tombstone RJ
07-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Flanders doing it the right way...

CEH
07-28-2010, 07:03 PM
J Will also on Pup with a knee from minicamp

Ugh

tsiguy96
07-28-2010, 07:12 PM
you really should make people click the link, not post the whole article here, these guys track the popularity of their articles via clicks, and that is how they make their money.

Flandcrest Enterprises
07-28-2010, 07:33 PM
you really should make people click the link, not post the whole article here, these guys track the popularity of their articles via clicks, and that is how they make their money.

What he said.

And yes, visits are much appreciated.