PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow wants more than Dez Bryant

Pages : [1] 2

bronco militia
07-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Report: Tim Tebow wants more than Dez Bryant
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2010 4:23 PM ET
The Dallas Cowboys selected Dez Bryant with the 24th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, and the Denver Broncos selected Tim Tebow 25th. Ordinarily, that would mean Tebow should get paid a little bit less than Bryant.

But Tebow apparently wants more money than Bryant, and that's why he wasn't there when the Broncos' rookies reported to training camp today.

Ed Werder of ESPN reported on NFL Live that the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

Werder reported that Tebow and the Broncos are close to getting the deal done, but in the mean time, coach Josh McDaniels has called Tebow and expressed disappointment that Tebow didn't report with the rest of the rookies.

"You're missing time and you can't afford to miss it," McDaniels told Tebow, according to Werder. "You're not going to get these snaps back."

Man-Goblin
07-28-2010, 03:01 PM
So do I.

jhns
07-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Really Tebow? So much for all that team player crap. He doesn't even believe he needs to prove himself before making dumb demands. This is exactly what Crabtree wanted... Rookie pay is already the biggest thing wrong with the NFL today and Tebow wants more.

Way to improve the character of the team McDaniels. Unless this isn't true. Then I take it all back.

NYBronco
07-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Tebow wants veteran shoulder pad toting compensation.

PRBronco
You're dead to me, Tim Tebow.

Damn it, now what am I going to do with all this Jockey and Nike activewear?

garandman
So do I.

Don't everyone start freaking out... It's a half day guys... And yes he does deserve more than a WR....Does everyone think he should pay for peanuts?

Rabb
07-28-2010, 03:06 PM
I pay for peanuts, he should to

missingnumber7
07-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Tebow wants veteran shoulder pad toting compensation.

No he just doesn't think he should carry either Quinn or Ortons pads. And that they should carry his...after all he is TEBOW.

Kaylore
07-28-2010, 03:08 PM
So do I.

:thanku:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Really Tebow? So much for all that team player crap. He doesn't even believe he needs to prove himself before making dumb demands. This is exactly what Crabtree wanted... Rookie pay is already the biggest thing wrong with the NFL today and Tebow wants more.

Way to improve the character of the team McDaniels. Unless this isn't true. Then I take it all back.

the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

You're a retard. A very special retard. Very, very special.

It's not exactly what crabtree wanted. Crabtree wanted more pay because he was projected to go higher than Heyward-Bey, and so he thought he deserved more. That WAS dumb.

Quarterback IS a premium position. Quarterbacks REGULARLY get more money paid to them than the players drafted immediately ahead of them, if those players aren't quarterbacks.

So again. You're retarded.

And before you bother, I thought it might be interesting to see what you had to say on the matter, so I looked at this specific post. I know you get your panties in a wad anytime anyone (and everyone) says you're on ignore, so I'm sure you'll have some sort of interesting comment for me. Fortunately, after this comment, I'm more comfortable than ever with you on iggy.

Hamrob
07-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Rookie QB's have always received a premium. This is no different. I say pay the kid...otherwise, why did we pick him in the first place.

diehardbroncosfan
07-28-2010, 03:10 PM
The Dallas Cowboys selected Dez Bryant with the 24th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, and the Denver Broncos selected Tim Tebow 25th. Ordinarily, that would mean Tebow should get paid a little bit less than Bryant.

But Tebow apparently wants more money than Bryant, and that's why he wasn't there when the Broncos' rookies reported to training camp today.

Ed Werder of ESPN reported on NFL Live that the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

Werder reported that Tebow and the Broncos are close to getting the deal done, but in the mean time, coach Josh McDaniels has called Tebow and expressed disappointment that Tebow didn't report with the rest of the rookies.

"You're missing time and you can't afford to miss it," McDaniels told Tebow, according to Werder. "You're not going to get these snaps back."

Alright, I might just be ignorant, but don't QB's almost always get a premium? I don't think this is news to anyone.

gyldenlove
07-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Rookie QB's have always received a premium. This is no different. I say pay the kid...otherwise, why did we pick him in the first place.

Because he puts the team and winning ahead of his personal glory and goals .....

oubronco
07-28-2010, 03:11 PM
He was picked 25th Bryant was picked 24th so no he shouldn't get more than Bryant take what your slot gets and get to camp

SonOfLe-loLang
07-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Alright, I might just be ignorant, but don't QB's almost always get a premium? I don't think this is news to anyone.

Yeah, i thought this was always the case.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-28-2010, 03:13 PM

Overreaction of the century! An Agent wants his player to get more money based on his value, and the fact that he's a QB. Hardly the first time this has happened.

Paladin
07-28-2010, 03:14 PM
This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Please don't quote this ignoramus...........

jhns
07-28-2010, 03:16 PM
the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

It's not exactly what crabtree wanted. Crabtree wanted more pay because he was projected to go higher than Heyward-Bey, and so he thought he deserved more. That WAS dumb.

Quarterback IS a premium position. Quarterbacks REGULARLY get more money paid to them than the players drafted immediately ahead of them, if those players aren't quarterbacks.

And before you bother, I thought it might be interesting to see what you had to say on the matter, so I looked at this specific post. I know you get your panties in a wad anytime anyone (and everyone) says you're on ignore, so I'm sure you'll have some sort of interesting comment for me. Fortunately, after this comment, I'm more comfortable than ever with you on iggy.

Riiight. Agents just do what they want without the players say. The players don't even know what is on the contract, they just sign it when its done. You sure told me!

Anyways, I have no problem with you having me on ignore. I just like laughing about the big deal you make about having me on ignore as you still read and respond to my posts. I find it entertaining.

Ratboy
07-28-2010, 03:16 PM
"I want to be in camp"
"There will be no hold out"

Sweet, go Tebow!

jhns
07-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Overreaction of the century! An Agent wants his player to get more money based on his value, and the fact that he's a QB. Hardly the first time this has happened.

Really? I don't remember Cutler demanding more than the player taken ahead of him. I guess we shouldn't compare this situation to that of a wanted QB though.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Riiight. Agents just do what they want without the players say. The players don't even know what is on the contract, they just sign it when its done. You sure told me!

Anyways, I have no problem with you having me on ignore. I just like laughing about the big deal you make about having me on ignore as you still read and respond to my posts. I find it entertaining.

For the sake of the NFLPA, Tebow needs to get fair market value for himself. Thats the way this works, its why players dont give teams HUGE hometown discounts.

diehardbroncosfan
07-28-2010, 03:20 PM
He was picked 25th Bryant was picked 24th so no he shouldn't get more than Bryant take what your slot gets and get to camp

I don't think it works that way. For example in the 2007 NFL Draft, Reggie Nelson was picked 20th and Brady Quinn was picked 21st. Nelson went on to sign a five year contract worth $13.2 million while Quinn went on to sign a five year contract worth $20.2 million. Now if you're saying that Tebow should just take less, potentially losing that much money, fine, but this is still a business (and a dangerous one at that) and Tebow is worth more than Dez Bryant at this point. I highly doubt you would give up $7 million just because you were picked one slot behind somebody else. Tebow may want to get to camp, but it would be financially irresponsible for his agent to leave that much money on the table.

SonOfLe-loLang
Really? I don't remember Cutler demanding more than the player taken ahead of him. I guess we shouldn't compare this situation to that of a wanted QB though.

I dont remember the details of cutlers contract, but QBs tend to make more than other positional players. Not to mention, Tebow is gonna make the Denver Broncos (and probably already has A LOT of money this year). Seriously, grow up. I dont see your boy cutler playing for free either, c'mon.

TheReverend
He deserves more than Bryant.

1. He plays a higher premium position

and

2. Even more importantly, Bryant signed a ridiculous contract that was millions below what he should've signed and if he can field 1-2 1000 yard seasons will be beating down the door for a pay raise because he's an idiot.

TheElusiveKyleOrton

No, it's because Tebow isn't about team-first, and McD is a lying asshole.

Good times!

:rofl:

Hamrob
07-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Really? I don't remember Cutler demanding more than the player taken ahead of him. I guess we shouldn't compare this situation to that of a wanted QB though.I'm not going to go do the research...but, wasn't lienart picked right in front of Jay...another QB?

Jesterhole
The contract lasts for 4-5 years. Take a few extra days to get it right. It isn't like Tebow was going to start any time soon...

jhns
This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Why do drama queens like this post this a million times? I mean, how dumb do you have to be to not realize it doesn't do anything after the first 100-200 times of posting it?

Kaylore
07-28-2010, 03:22 PM

Jhiz will never get over Cutler being traded. He's going rip on everything McDaniels does and blow even the slightest issues out of proportion.

BigPlayShay
07-28-2010, 03:22 PM

Uh, the player taken in front of Cutler was a QB, so he would have no ground to stand on to demand higher.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm not going to go do the research...but, wasn't lienart picked right in front of Jay...another QB?

Sure was.

More durr from Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhns.

Hamrob
07-28-2010, 03:23 PM
There's been alot of debate about this dilemma...does he report to camp and take what he's given...or does he hold out for what he's worth? The reason you hold out...is because you're supporting your fellow players in establishing a higher pay requirement. Some thought he might report to camp and in essence screw many of the other rookies vying for more money.

Hamrob
07-28-2010, 03:25 PM
From what I read...both the Broncos and Sexton were concentrating on getting Tebow's deal done by Sunday.

jhns
I'm not going to go do the research...but, wasn't lienart picked right in front of Jay...another QB?

You win. He was.

I'll just spin that into I don't remember either of them demanding more money than the 9th pick, which was a LB.

diehardbroncosfan
From what I read...both the Broncos and Sexton were concentrating on getting Tebow's deal done by Sunday.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Nothing hugely important is going to happen until Sunday anyway.

Irish Stout
07-28-2010, 03:27 PM
I dont remember the details of cutlers contract, but QBs tend to make more than other positional players. Not to mention, Tebow is gonna make the Denver Broncos (and probably already has A LOT of money this year). Seriously, grow up. I dont see your boy cutler playing for free either, c'mon.

Cutler signed for $48 mil in 2006 at the 11th pick, in a year where two QBs ahead of him in the draft had already signed with their teams. The money was above decent and the slotting was a lot more figured out than it is this year with Dez.

Hamrob
07-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Broncos, Tebow making progress

Posted by Mike Florio on July 27, 2010 11:48 AM ET
Only one first-round rookie has agreed to terms. But that rookie, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5558), did a deal in the slot directly in front of Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5096). And so it becomes easier to estimate the value of Tebow's first NFL contract.

With rookies reporting in Denver on Wednesday, it's unclear whether a deal will be finished in time.

According to Mile Klis of the Denver Post, the Broncos and agent Jimmy Sexton are negotiating a five-year deal (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15606947) with an expected value of $12 million, including $8 million guaranteed. Klis says it would be a surprise if Tebow isn't signed before the first full-squad practice on Sunday.

The so-called "quarterback premium" should help Tebow leapfrog Bryant. And the contract should include escalators based on playing time, which will pay Tebow a lot more money if/when he becomes the starter.

But here's where Tebow needs to be careful -- holding out for those escalators could delay indefinitely the timeline for Tebow to ascend to the top of the depth chart. And, as current Broncos backup Brady Quinn (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4149) learned the hard way, it could spark a chain of events that prevents Tebow from unlocking the high-end dollars tacked onto his deal.

Either way, Klis points out that Tebow is likely to sign before receiver Demaryius Thomas (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5700), the team's other first-round selection. Thomas, taken 22nd overall, is represented by Todd France, who has a reputation for waiting until his clients are bracketed with contracts negotiated in the spots before and after the player was taken, making the negotiation simpler and less risky.

SouthStndJunkie
07-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Tim Tebow should get more than Dez Bryant....QBs get premium pay.

Folks, it's contract time, don't get your panties all twisted up over it.

Tebow is a good dude, but there is a business end to football and this is business time.

In a few days, Tebow will be signed and in camp.

Man-Goblin
07-28-2010, 03:28 PM
What about our very own Brady Quinn? On August 8th 2007...

Brady Quinn (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=8276) has agreed to a five-year contact with the Cleveland Browns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cle) worth $20.2 million, with $7.75 million guaranteed, ending his holdout.
The deal could grow to $30 million over five years with incentives.

He was the 22nd pick in the draft, but a 10% bump per year puts that contract at about $27 million total, over $10 million guaranteed, with escalators to make the contract worth more than $40 million.

At least Tebow isn't looking for a bloated deal like that, or so we hear...

jhns
07-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Sure was.

More durr from Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhns.

You whine a lot. At least I cry about the team on a football message board. %90 of your posts are crying about other posters and calling names like a 5 year old. It is funny and pretty sad. Do you really get that upset about what is posted?

bronco militia
07-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Folks, it's contract time, don't get your panties all twisted up over it.

my work here is done ;D

BigPlayShay
07-28-2010, 03:31 PM
You win. He was.

I'll just spin that into I don't remember either of them demanding more money than the 9th pick, which was a LB.

Ernie Sims - 5-year, $15.735 million contract with $12.1 million guaranteed
Jay Cutler - 6-year $48 million contract, which included $11 million in bonuses

Hamrob
07-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Sunday is the real target for Tebow's deal

Posted by Mike Florio on July 27, 2010 10:05 PM ET
Amid signs of progress (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/broncos-tebow-making-progress/) between the Broncos and quarterback Tim Tebow (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5096), we've developed the impression from tapping into our grapevine that, even though the team's rookies report on Wednesday, the two sides are focusing on getting a deal done by Sunday, when the full squad begins to practice.

Multiple league sources have explained to us that the rookie reporting deadline means nothing to anyone but head coaches, who like to use the separate reporting date to squeeze the first-year players into showing up early.

The front offices and the agents believe that the only date that matters is the full-squad reporting date. In Tebow's case, that's the target.

That said, it's possible that the deal can be negotiated before then, if the team and the player are motivated to make it happen. In Tebow's case, the crux of the negotiations likely will focus on the escalators based on playing time. Put simply, the sooner he becomes the starter, the more money he'll make.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2010, 03:34 PM

The fail is strong in jhiz.

So much fail... cannot fit all the fail into a car... must use
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17504&stc=1&d=1232422631

jhns
07-28-2010, 03:38 PM

I don't know why you guys are all over my posts. Maybe you should take it up with McDaniels. He sure doesn't seem to think Tebow is being a team player right now.

I really don't get how any of you can claim rookie contracts aren't a huge problem in the NFL. Demanding more than the player ahead of you and missing time are two signs of a selfless team player though....

Ratboy
07-28-2010, 03:38 PM
He deserves more than Bryant.

1. He plays a higher premium position

and

2. Even more importantly, Bryant signed a ridiculous contract that was millions below what he should've signed and if he can field 1-2 1000 yard seasons will be beating down the door for a pay raise because he's an idiot.

Bryant is a team first player, unlike Tim Tebow, who is a selfish jesus loving homo.

jhns
07-28-2010, 03:40 PM
The fail is strong in jhiz.

So much fail... cannot fit all the fail into a car... must use

You aren't even smart enough to see that nothing in that post contradicts what I said.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Bryant is a team first player, unlike Tim Tebow, who is a selfish jesus loving homo.

What's more rare? A Jesus-loving homo, or a homo-loving Jesus?

SonOfLe-loLang
07-28-2010, 03:44 PM
You aren't even smart enough to see that nothing in that post contradicts what I said.

You adore changing the argument when youre wrong

jhns
07-28-2010, 03:47 PM
You adore changing the argument when youre wrong

Or I just love being right.

Nothing there shows they demanded more money than the non-QB pick ahead of them and he just showed that Cutler signed a smaller contract. Simms made a lot more in guaranteed money for less years.

Eldorado
07-28-2010, 03:50 PM
15/5 = 3 mil per year
48/6 = 8 mil per year

SonOfLe-loLang

Nothing there shows they demanded more money than the non-QB pick ahead of them and he just showed that Cutler signed a smaller contract. Simms made a lot more in guaranteed money for less years.

The worth of that contract is exponentially higher, and rookies generally (unless they are garbage) play out their contracts and don't have them altered. So ummm, he was offered something much higher and accepted it...and he signed after Leinart, so something was already in place. but according to you, Tebow should take less than Bryant because you dont like mcdaniels.

TheElusiveKyleOrton

http://apprising.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Huh.jpg

This is where you, predictably, try to claim that Cutler didn't "demand" more money. Which is fine, I suppose. It probably just happened by magic.

Christ, you're retarded. Like, really really retarded. It's astounding just how retarded you are.

You know, I think I'll take you OFF the ignore list. You're just too fun to mock... though you're going to have to give us a challenge pretty soon or we'll get bored with you.

Abqbronco
07-28-2010, 03:51 PM

What????

jhns
07-28-2010, 03:55 PM
The worth of that contract is exponentially higher, and rookies generally (unless they are garbage) play out their contracts and don't have them altered. So ummm, he was offered something much higher and accepted it...and he signed after Leinart, so something was already in place. but according to you, Tebow should take less than Bryant because you dont like mcdaniels.

No one cares about overall worth as that is a fake number that a lot of times has crap written in that would never be paid. Only guaranteed money matters. You guys just showed Cutler took a lesser contract even though it was for more years. No one has shown that he held out demanding more.

I bet you hear this exact thing said about guaranteed money if you ask any agent, player, or GM about it. I know, they are the ones I got it from.

MaloCS
07-28-2010, 03:56 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Why the hell isn't it acceptable for NFL labor to play the same economic games that NFL management plays? Why do the fans only criticize the players for wanting the best deal but overlook the same tactics when management does it?

If McD believed so much in team he wouldn't balk at the requested " quarterback premium" Tebow and his agent are requesting. If McD believes so much in team and he himself is a team guy he would give Tebow exactly what he wants so The Team gets better.

The fact of the matter is that in today's NFL, money trumps everything else. It doesn't matter if it's ownership, management or labor; money ALWAYS takes precedence. These old fashioned values that we tend to hold so dear are nothing more then fantasies in today's NFL. Maybe these values meant something 20 or 30 years ago but not anymore. Everyone involved in the game is looking out for their best interest.

Irish Stout
07-28-2010, 03:56 PM
What????

I recommend you quit trying to figure jhns out, he is only here to annoy and half of everything he posts is hypocritical the other half completely ignores facts.

jhns
07-28-2010, 03:58 PM
You know, I think I'll take you OFF the ignore list.

No one cares about your ignore list. You still have always read and responded to my posts. You just make yourself look dumb posting all the "I have you on ignore. Wait no I don't. NOW I do for real" drama.

oubronco
07-28-2010, 03:59 PM

Why the hell isn't it acceptable for NFL labor to play the same economic games that NFL management plays? Why do the fans only criticize the players for wanting the best deal but overlook the same tactics when management does it?

If McD believed so much in team he wouldn't balk at the requested " quarterback premium" Tebow and his agent are requesting. If McD believes so much in team and he himself is a team guy he would give Tebow exactly what he wants so The Team gets better.
The fact of the matter is that in today's NFL, money trumps everything else. It doesn't matter if it's ownership, management or labor; money ALWAYS takes precedence. These old fashioned values that we tend to hold so dear are nothing more then fantasies in today's NFL. Maybe these values meant something 20 or 30 years ago but not anymore. Everyone involved in the game is looking out for their best interest.

What makes you so sure he makes the team better he hasn't even taken a snap yet

SonOfLe-loLang
No one cares about overall worth as that is a fake number that a lot of times has crap written in that would never be paid. Only guaranteed money matters. You guys just showed Cutler took a lesser contract even though it was for more years. No one has shown that he held out demanding more.

I bet you hear this exact thing said about guaranteed money if you ask any agent, player, or GM about it. I know, they are the ones I got it from.

That's true of FA contracts, not rookie deals. Unless you can provide details that Cutler lost some of his base salary at any point in his rookie deal, your point is 100 percent completely invalid. Plus, im sure if you look at the other rookie deals in the same draft, you wont see, for example, a receiver picked 25th make tons more in base salary than the corner back taken a slot before him.

Simply put, you're wrong. Get over it, for once, stop complaining

Broncoman13
LMAO at those that think this is a big deal or some sort of sign that Tebow isn't a team player. The ignorance on the Mane is growing out of control!

p7superfly
07-28-2010, 04:00 PM
F you, rookie.

Dez got more because he'll actually play these next 2-3 years.

Your entire signing bonus, and salary this year, next, and probably the one after are gifts.

He got the 1M from Jockey so he could wait us out.

elsid13
07-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Kid doesn't want to take pay cut from his UF salary.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2010, 04:01 PM
No one cares about your ignore list. You still have always read and responded to my posts. You just make yourself look dumb posting all the "I have you on ignore. Wait no I don't. NOW I do for real" drama.

You clearly do. You mention peoples' ignore lists all the effing time, kiddo.

Now, child, stop trying to change the subject, and admit that you were 1000000000% wrong about your statement.

Can't do it? You're the only one here who thinks you're right. What's that like?

Irish Stout
07-28-2010, 04:06 PM
That's true of FA contracts, not rookie deals. Unless you can provide details that Cutler lost some of his base salary at any point in his rookie deal, your point is 100 percent completely invalid. Plus, im sure if you look at the other rookie deals in the same draft, you wont see, for example, a receiver picked 25th make tons more in base salary than the corner back taken a slot before him.

I don't understand the argument being made either way here. Didn't Cutler simply receive a bigger guarantee, bigger bonuses, and a bigger incentive contract than the guy in front of him? Yes he did. End of story.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-28-2010, 04:09 PM
I don't understand the argument being made either way here. Didn't Cutler simply receive a bigger guarantee, bigger bonuses, and a bigger incentive contract than the guy in front of him? Yes he did. End of story.

Sims apparently had more guaranteed money up front...which is why he's falling on the sword

gyldenlove
07-28-2010, 04:14 PM

That is very much true of rookie contracts, why do you think Brady Quinn makes 500k a year? A full 33% of his rookie contract was escalators which he predictably failed to make. For Cutler that would put his contract in range of 6 years and 30 million, by simply deducting 33%.

gyldenlove
07-28-2010, 04:14 PM

No, the guy in front of him was Leinart who recieved a bigger contract, you are thinking the guy 2 places in front of him.

Cool Breeze
07-28-2010, 04:19 PM
The fact being overlooked is that Bryant has character concerns, signed a subpar contract compared to the slotted player from the previous year so he could be in camp on time. Bryant is also slated to be a starter.

Tebow has no character concerns, is slated to be third string, and does not have to follow the lead of someone signing a crappy contract.

The agent is doing his job drama queens...

55CrushEm
07-28-2010, 04:20 PM
the holdup on tebow's contract is the request from agent jimmy sexton that a premium be paid to tebow because he's a quarterback. sexton wants tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than bryant is getting from the cowboys.

It's not exactly what crabtree wanted. Crabtree wanted more pay because he was projected to go higher than heyward-bey, and so he thought he deserved more. That was dumb.

Quarterback is a premium position. Quarterbacks regularly get more money paid to them than the players drafted immediately ahead of them, if those players aren't quarterbacks.

And before you bother, i thought it might be interesting to see what you had to say on the matter, so i looked at this specific post. I know you get your panties in a wad anytime anyone (and everyone) says you're on ignore, so i'm sure you'll have some sort of interesting comment for me. Fortunately, after this comment, i'm more comfortable than ever with you on iggy.

The agent works for the player.....not the other way around !!! If tebow wants to be in camp, tell the agent!!

yerner
07-28-2010, 04:20 PM
By far the dumbest part of the NFL. Rookie contracts. What the hell have any of these guys ever done to warrant this type of money? It ruins the game. Still, Tebow should get as much as he can.

El Guapo
07-28-2010, 04:24 PM
I thought tebow would show to camp w/ or w/o his contract signed. Dissappointed, looks like he can't walk the walk.

gyldenlove
07-28-2010, 04:25 PM
I thought tebow would show to camp w/ or w/o his contract signed. Dissappointed, looks like he can't walk the walk.

Dumervil attended minicamp without a deal.

Cool Breeze
07-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Bryant: 11.8 million over five years, with at least $8.3 million guaranteed
From 2009:
23. Michael Oher, Baltimore: 5 years, $13 million ($7.82M guaranteed)
24. Peria Jerry, Atlanta: 5 years, $13.25 million ($7.55M guaranteed)
25. Vontae Davis, Miami: 5 years, $13.3 million ($7.35M guaranteed)

QB's get a premium...

Broncosfreak_56
07-28-2010, 04:32 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/KLni3wbndls/0.jpg

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

Ugly Duck
07-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Does everyone think he should pay for peanuts?

If free peanuts are not in his contract as a perc, then he should pay for them just like everyone else. He probably doesn't deserve free peanuts though. I mean... here's a guy that shocked the NFL world by some team taking a wild flier on the guy in the 1st round. Instead of being grateful for that amazing, unexpected event.... he's holding out for more money than his unwarranted draft position dictates! On top of that... he wants free peanuts! He's like a T.O. QB!

jhns
07-28-2010, 04:34 PM
You clearly do. You mention peoples' ignore lists all the effing time, kiddo.

LOL

Please show one time I have brought up ignore lists. You make the dumbest claims.

Anyways, McDaniels agrees with me. Read his quote again. What do you think he is saying? Tebow is a team player and this week doesn't matter? Go ahead and take your time on the contract?

jhns
07-28-2010, 04:35 PM
LMAO at those that think this is a big deal or some sort of sign that Tebow isn't a team player. The ignorance on the Mane is growing out of control!

McDaniels seems to agree with me. The ignorance of McDaniels is out of control.

errand
07-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Don't everyone start freaking out... It's a half day guys... And yes he does deserve more than a WR....Does everyone think he should pay for peanuts?

Exactly..QB's drafted in the first round generally make more than WR's drafted in the first round.

As for Tebow wanting more money....look at it from his side...

He's won two national championships, he's arguably the greatest collegiate player ever, and he's already made the Broncos richer by having the hottest selling jersey already.

Steve Sewell
07-28-2010, 04:37 PM

I see that you are continuing to be a complete toolbox on the Omane.

jhns
07-28-2010, 04:39 PM

I don't mind players demanding big pay days. That is, if they are going for their second, third, or fourth contract. After you have proven yourself, take all the millions you can. The rookie pay being as high as it is, is one of the biggest problem in the NFL right now. It is one of the hotter subjects in the CBA talks. I can't wait for a rookie salary cap to be put in place.

Steve Sewell
07-28-2010, 04:39 PM
LMAO at those that think this is a big deal or some sort of sign that Tebow isn't a team player. The obvious agendas on the Mane are growing out of control!

Fixed that for ya.

Pseudofool
07-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Given the boom or bust quality of Tebow in terms of a QB prospect, his agent his playing this like it might be his only contract, which is doing right by Tim.

Tebow not showing up is totally disconcerting, but has an NFL rookie ever showed up to training camp without a contract?

Rookie holdouts are different from veteran holdouts as veterans already have a contract while rookies don't.

jhns
07-28-2010, 04:42 PM
I see that you are continuing to be a complete toolbox on the Omane.

Toolbox? That is a new one.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2010, 04:43 PM
LOL

Please show one time I have brought up ignore lists. You make the dumbest claims.

Anyways, McDaniels agrees with me. Read his quote again. What do you think he is saying? Tebow is a team player and this week doesn't matter? Go ahead and take your time on the contract?

I make the dumbest claims? Your statement was that Cutler got a smaller contract than Sims when it was roughly 3x bigger.

And now, you're trying to change the subject again. You're like a third grade politician. Can't keep your story straight. Don't actually look up any facts. Argue argue argue.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Drek
07-28-2010, 04:44 PM
The agent works for the player.....not the other way around !!! If tebow wants to be in camp, tell the agent!!

The agent does work for the player, primarily to make sure the player gets a fair market deal from his new team. That is all Sexton is doing.

Bryant signed a deal for less than what the typically year on year percentage bump is. So he diminished value on the 25th pick (Tebow's slot) right there. First round QBs always have gotten a premium bump as well.

So Tebow's agent is not only fighting against the damage done by Bryant's deal, he's also fighting against the Broncos trying to buck the trend of premiums for first round QBs.

Its obvious both sides are just playing the game, knowing that Sunday is the real deadline. Hell, they basically leaked as much to keep it looking polite.

When sources like Florio are throwing out actual dollar signs in his half assed reporting you know its almost a done deal.

errand
07-28-2010, 04:45 PM

I know right? What the hell is wrong with this guy? Who does he think he is? He's just a freaking rookie, he should be paid accordingly to where he waas drafted right...I mean demanding more money is akin to telling the team that drafts you #1 overall that you're not gonna play for them thereby forcing a trade to another team....::)

jhns
07-28-2010, 04:46 PM
I make the dumbest claims? Your statement was that Cutler got a smaller contract than Sims when it was roughly 3x bigger.

And now, you're trying to change the subject again. You're like a third grade politician. Can't keep your story straight. Don't actually look up any facts. Argue argue argue.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

The claim that I am talking about is the ignore feature claim. You are changing the subject as you whine about me doing it. I have stayed on the subject of whatever I am responding to.

The contract isn't bigger. The fluff is bigger. You just don't understand NFL contracts. What is funny about this "you don't look up facts" is that you don't even talk about the subject, you just cry about the posters. That is in every thread.

jhns
07-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I know right? What the hell is wrong with this guy? Who does he think he is? He's just a freaking rookie, he should be paid accordingly to where he waas drafted right...I mean demanding more money is akin to telling the team that drafts you #1 overall that you're not gonna play for them thereby forcing a trade to another team....::)

Exactly. Non-team players that don't fit the BS McDaniels has been trying to sell. Funny that the fans buy it even when the greatest Bronco ever would be cast aside by McDaniels as he questioned his coach multiple times. Thanks for bringing it up.

Broncoman13
07-28-2010, 04:55 PM
McDaniels seems to agree with me. The ignorance of McDaniels is out of control.

You seriously think McD was going to say that he didn't want him to show up on Wed? See this is what I mean, ignorance is bliss. Really, you're trying to argue a point that is making you look more and more ignorant. Most people by this point just shut up already or claim ignorance. Hell, Dez Bryant was smart enough to just shut up and claim ignorance (I didn't know it was a tradition), you are putting yourself in that category in terms of being a mental midget. People don't argue with you b/c they think you can follow the debate, they argue with you b/c they are offended by your stupidity. Sadly, stupid is forever... Stupid is as stupid does... You can't fix stupid... Etc, etc. In other words, you're pretty much F@&#ed for life. Sorry, but you were given the death penalty and don't even know it. If you had half a lick of common sense you would just shut up, especially on this thread... but you're just not smart enough to do that... Watch and see, I gurantee you will come thru and prove me right.

jhns
07-28-2010, 04:58 PM
You seriously think McD was going to say that he didn't want him to show up on Wed? See this is what I mean, ignorance is bliss. Really, you're trying to argue a point that is making you look more and more ignorant. Most people by this point just shut up already or claim ignorance. Hell, Dez Bryant was smart enough to just shut up and claim ignorance (I didn't know it was a tradition), you are putting yourself in that category in terms of being a mental midget. People don't argue with you b/c they think you can follow the debate, they argue with you b/c they are offended by your stupidity. Sadly, stupid is forever... Stupid is as stupid does... You can't fix stupid... Etc, etc. In other words, you're pretty much F@&#ed for life. Sorry, but you were given the death penalty and don't even know it. If you had half a lick of common sense you would just shut up, especially on this thread... but you're just not smart enough to do that... Watch and see, I gurantee you will come thru and prove me right.

What did you just say? I am going to die now? Is that a threat? Bannable offense maybe?

Why would you be offended? I think you just showed that all of you are far dumber than I am.

My stupidity gets me paid a lot of money, especially for someone my age. I'm not sure why I should be worried about it.

Kaylore
07-28-2010, 04:58 PM
The way Jhiz argues

1. Make outlandish claim that has some elements of truth loosely sprinkled in.

2. Get completely and utterly owned.

3. Explain your previous position away referencing technicalities, arguing semantics and go into utter denial. Relentlessly use the absurd in the hopes that your opponent becomes so exhausted and frustrated with your relentlessly ridiculous obtuseness that they give up.

4. Tell yourself you "won" the argument and begin again.

Eldorado
07-28-2010, 05:00 PM
The way Jhiz argues

3. Explain your previous position away referencing technicalities, arguing semantics and go into utter denial. Relentlessly use the absurd in the hopes that your opponent becomes so exhausted and frustrated with your relentlessly ridiculous obtuseness that they give up.

Ha! pwnt

jhns
07-28-2010, 05:01 PM
The way Jhiz argues

Childish Kaylore. Very childish.

garandman
07-28-2010, 05:02 PM
If free peanuts are not in his contract as a perc, then he should pay for them just like everyone else. He probably doesn't deserve free peanuts though. I mean... here's a guy that shocked the NFL world by some team taking a wild flier on the guy in the 1st round. Instead of being grateful for that amazing, unexpected event.... he's holding out for more money than his unwarranted draft position dictates! On top of that... he wants free peanuts! He's like a T.O. QB!

Lmfao

SonOfLe-loLang
07-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Childish Kaylore. Very childish.

How is that childish? That's actually what you do

HAT
07-28-2010, 05:03 PM
What did you just say? I am going to die now? Is that a threat? Bannable offense maybe?

That would be awesome.

jhns
07-28-2010, 05:04 PM
How is that childish? That's actually what you do

At the very least the elementary school name calling is childish. In reality, the entire post is childish because I just said it was.

HAT
07-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Seriously.

If b'man13 made a death penalty analogy that jhns was too dumb to get & the mods considered it a bannable offense....Pure awesome.

jhns
07-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Seriously.

If b'man13 made a death penalty analogy that jhns was too dumb to get & the mods considered it a bannable offense....Pure awesome.

I would laugh.

Broncoman13
07-28-2010, 05:07 PM

Why would you be offended? I think you just showed that all of you are far dumber than I am.

My stupidity gets me paid a lot of money, especially for someone my age. I'm not sure why I should be worried about it.

Hahaha, way to come thru chump! I knew you would do it, and the death penalty is hardly a threat, it's just something that you inherited probably at birth... I mean, I don't think you trained to be stupid and you probably don't mean to be stupid, you just are.

And nobody wants to hear about your little 20 dollar an hour job. It really doesn't support your arguement anyway, Dez Bryant is making millions per year... Take a look at Frank Gore and Vence Young, they make a ton of money and are on par with you on the intelligence scale. But keep on responding, all you're doing is confirming my point.

jhns
07-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Hahaha, way to come thru chump! I knew you would do it, and the death penalty is hardly a threat, it's just something that you inherited probably at birth... I mean, I don't think you trained to be stupid and you probably don't mean to be stupid, you just are.

And nobody wants to hear about your little 20 dollar an hour job. It really doesn't support your arguement anyway, Dez Bryant is making millions per year... Take a look at Frank Gore and Vence Young, they make a ton of money and are on par with you on the intelligence scale. But keep on responding, all you're doing is confirming my point.

You are the one bringing dumb responses. I say I'm not sure why my stupidity should worry me and you go off on how intelligence isn't based on pay. I mean, that is just dumb. The whole, you inherited the death penalty from birth is pretty stupid also. What does that even mean?

HAT
I mean, I don't think you trained to be stupid and you probably don't mean to be stupid, you just are.

I disagree. He absolutely means to be. It's damn near impossible to pull of the VB clown/contrarian role without trying.

SonOfLe-loLang
At the very least the elementary school name calling is childish. In reality, the entire post is childish because I just said it was.

Fine, calling you jhiz is childish...then basically you won't admit you're wrong, which isn't just childish, but pretty much the problem with humanity in general.

jhns
07-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Fine, calling you jhiz is childish...then basically you won't admit you're wrong, which isn't just childish, but pretty much the problem with humanity in general.

It happens.

Pseudofool
07-28-2010, 05:16 PM
I'll ask again: Has a rookie ever showed up to training camp without a contract?

p7superfly
07-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Hahaha... when Kaylore starts talking ****, you know at least 70% of the board probably hates you.

Beantown Bronco
07-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Normally, I'd have no problem paying a premium to a QB over a WR in the first round, but we're talking about a QB that very likely is not going to see the field very much if at all his first year vs. a WR that will most likely see the field from day one. That alone would negate any premium in my opinion.

Broncoman13
07-28-2010, 05:26 PM
You are the one bringing dumb responses. I say I'm not sure why my stupidity should worry me and you go off on how intelligence isn't based on pay. I mean, that is just dumb. The whole, you inherited the death penalty from birth is pretty stupid also. What does that even mean?

OMG! This is what I am talking about. Even the simplest minds can figure out what I meant. Kaylore hit the nail on the head, those four points describe it perfectly. Seriously, it is offensive to me that you call yourself a Bronco fan. To be associated with you because of the team that I follow truly sucks!

gyldenlove
07-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Hahaha... when Kaylore starts talking ****, you know at least 70% of the board probably hates you.

Or you just badmouthed Kuper..

snowspot66
07-28-2010, 05:36 PM

I don't believe they are even allowed in the facility without a contract for TC.

Cool Breeze
07-28-2010, 05:41 PM
I don't believe they are even allowed in the facility without a contract for TC.

Tebow and Thomas had worked out in the Broncos' Dove Valley complex earlier this week, but players cannot practice or participate in any other team activities once training camp opens until they are signed.

p7superfly
07-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Or you just badmouthed Kuper..

Kaylore just likes to be that guy who says, "I know Kupe's Dad. Met him on the interwebz."

55CrushEm
07-28-2010, 05:49 PM
The agent does work for the player, primarily to make sure the player gets a fair market deal from his new team. That is all Sexton is doing.

Bryant signed a deal for less than what the typically year on year percentage bump is. So he diminished value on the 25th pick (Tebow's slot) right there. First round QBs always have gotten a premium bump as well.

So Tebow's agent is not only fighting against the damage done by Bryant's deal, he's also fighting against the Broncos trying to buck the trend of premiums for first round QBs.

Its obvious both sides are just playing the game, knowing that Sunday is the real deadline. Hell, they basically leaked as much to keep it looking polite.

When sources like Florio are throwing out actual dollar signs in his half assed reporting you know its almost a done deal.

I agree with everything you're saying.....but at the end of the day....TEBOW (not his agent) needs to decide whether or not he wants to be in camp, or if he wants to wait for a few more bucks. That's all I'm saying....that it's TEBOW's decision, NOT his agent's.

bronco militia
07-28-2010, 05:50 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/KLni3wbndls/0.jpg

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

:giggle: this thread kicks ass

2KBack
07-28-2010, 05:54 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Without a contract you aren't even really part of the organization right? Meaning that he might not even be insured.

wolf754life
07-28-2010, 05:57 PM
tebow is a hypocrite.................

crush17
07-28-2010, 05:58 PM

Perfection achieved.
Thread over.

gyldenlove
07-28-2010, 06:06 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Without a contract you aren't even really part of the organization right? Meaning that he might not even be insured.

I am sure they could get the same insurance that covers the rookie and mini camps if they wanted to. I don't remember ever hearing about a rookie who showed up at camp before signing though, I do suspect that both players are in town and ready to gear up as soon as the ink is dry.

DarkHorse
07-28-2010, 06:09 PM
..........and let the drama queening begin...........JESUS errrrrr TIMOTHY this site is unreal sometimes.

TonyR
07-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Normally, I'd have no problem paying a premium to a QB over a WR in the first round, but we're talking about a QB that very likely is not going to see the field very much if at all his first year vs. a WR that will most likely see the field from day one. That alone would negate any premium in my opinion.

Yup, plus the fact that Bryant (widely considered the best WR in the draft and a top 10-15 talent) was a "faller" due to character concerns whereas Tebow (widely considered a "project" and a 2nd-3rd round talent) was a "riser".

2KBack
07-28-2010, 06:39 PM
I am sure they could get the same insurance that covers the rookie and mini camps if they wanted to. I don't remember ever hearing about a rookie who showed up at camp before signing though, I do suspect that both players are in town and ready to gear up as soon as the ink is dry.

I didn't consider that they were covered for the other camps. Forgetful on my part.

I'm thinking there must be some reason we never hear of rookies attending camp without a contract. For example, Dez Bryant signed that crappy contract in a supposed effort to be in camp on time. That says to me that there is something beyond wanting a check that keeps kids from participating without a finalized contract.

Fedaykin
07-28-2010, 06:46 PM

The agent works for the player. If Tebow didn't want this, it wouldn't be happening.

KipCorrington25
07-28-2010, 06:49 PM
The problem is Tebow talked big about not being a hold out and now that's it's time to step up to the plate he is in fact now a hold out which is very disapointing. I know I'm sick of hearing about how much character he has and want to see him play.

snowspot66
07-28-2010, 06:53 PM
The agent works for the player. If Tebow didn't want this, it wouldn't be happening.

First off, who cares, he'll be in by the next day or two. Odds are he figured it would be done already anyhow.

Second, Tebow is a rookie with no experience negotiating contracts. I'm sure that most all rookies give a lot of ground and let their agents do what they feel is best.

If this were a matter of missing weeks of TC I'm sure Tebow would just say **** it and sign whatever the team offered. But it's a matter of missing a day or two and like I said before it seems much more likely he figured it would be done already.

snowspot66
07-28-2010, 06:53 PM
The problem is Tebow talked big about not being a hold out and now that's it's time to step up to the plate he is in fact now a hold out which is very disapointing. I know I'm sick of hearing about how much character he has and want to see him play.

Missing one day is not a hold out.

Feel free to continue over reacting.

OABB
07-28-2010, 06:56 PM
The way Jhiz argues

You forgot his backing out with a lame joke. I know he's a fatty. A computer geek fatty virgin. Jhiz sucks.

gyldenlove
07-28-2010, 06:59 PM
I didn't consider that they were covered for the other camps. Forgetful on my part.

I'm thinking there must be some reason we never hear of rookies attending camp without a contract. For example, Dez Bryant signed that crappy contract in a supposed effort to be in camp on time. That says to me that there is something beyond wanting a check that keeps kids from participating without a finalized contract.

I think the normal reason for not being at camp until signed is to make sure that negotiations have a certain amount of urgency to them. (Not considering the real holdouts such as Crabtree or Russell)

The only possibility I can think of off hand would be the PUP list. If a player is injured prior to TC he can be put on the PUP list, however if a player participated in TC that option is gone as I remember. So if a rookie got seriously injured during TC there is a real possiblity the team could nix a contract, while if a rookie got injured during minicamp the team could place him on PUP and still sign him without losing a roster spot or having to put him on IR.

Mogulseeker
07-28-2010, 07:10 PM

When I read this headline, my immediate reaction was "Oh, this is an article about how Tebow wants to win, or work harder than Dez Bryant."

Needless to say, I'm kinda surprised. Tebow, of all people, did not come across as the greedy type - mainly due to his philanthropy and his faith. The whole "the first will become last" ... "the least of my people" or "the greatest among you will be the servants" or the "To inherit salvation, sell everything to own and give it to the poor, for your riches are in heaven ... its is harder for a rich man to enter heaven then for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle" aspect of the faith thing.

He must not be as religious as he comes across. I'm actually serious when I say that... I really took Tebow as one of those religious type who live modestly and dedicate their life for philanthropy, which is why I liked him, even though I disagreed with his approach.

I'm actually kind of relieved he's not as religious as he comes across. Now pay him.

KipCorrington25
07-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Missing one day is not a hold out.

Feel free to continue over reacting.

Actually it is.

MaloCS
07-28-2010, 07:24 PM
I don't mind players demanding big pay days. That is, if they are going for their second, third, or fourth contract. After you have proven yourself, take all the millions you can. The rookie pay being as high as it is, is one of the biggest problem in the NFL right now. It is one of the hotter subjects in the CBA talks. I can't wait for a rookie salary cap to be put in place.

I agree with you about unproven talent being paid big time dollars. Regardless, there is an economic game to the NFL and we should not criticize labor from playing that game. Ownership and management play it so why not labor?

broncosteven
07-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Wow this got to 6 pages quick.

I hope this gets resolved just as quick.

MaloCS
07-28-2010, 07:28 PM
tebow is a hypocrite.................

So Tebow is a hypocrite but McD isn't? All I've heard from McD is team this and team that. If he truly believed that then he would pay Tebow's asking price so The Team could get better by having everyone in camp.

It's so ironic how we chastise labor but forgive management. ???

Homer Simpson
07-28-2010, 07:32 PM
This jhns is just one of those internet "characters" right?

Mogulseeker
07-28-2010, 07:40 PM
So Tebow is a hypocrite but McD isn't? All I've heard from McD is team this and team that. If he truly believed that then he would pay Tebow's asking price so The Team could get better by having everyone in camp.

It's so ironic how we chastise labor but forgive management. ???

That's a bit of a strech, dude

elsid13
07-28-2010, 07:46 PM
People need to realize that there is very strong chance this will be only NFL contract Tebow might ever get. He has to get as much as he can to ensure he walks away with money for himself and his family.

MaloCS
07-28-2010, 07:48 PM
That's a bit of a strech, dude

What? It's the same damn thing.

Tebow's claim to fame is Mr. Team. McD's claim to fame is team first. Yet, both of these Team first guys are delaying the cohesiveness of the team by not getting this deal done.

When situations like this happen all we hear is how selfish the player is but not a word is said about management. Isn't management just as selfish as the player in this situation?

Steve Prefontaine
07-28-2010, 07:49 PM
meh. tebow isn't going to miss much time. his greatest asset (right now) is his image, and he's not going to let a holdout tarnish that.

Archer81
07-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Something seems off here...

Tebow gets endorsement deals from Gatorade, Nike and Jockey...but wants a bigger NFL contract then selection #24?...

Or maybe I am not reading the article the same way as some on here who think Tebow/McDaniels is being hypocritical.

:Broncos:

Mogulseeker
07-28-2010, 07:56 PM

Tebow's claim to fame is Mr. Team. McD's claim to fame is team first. Yet, both of these Team first guys are delaying the cohesiveness of the team by not getting this deal done.

When situations like this happen all we hear is how selfish the player is but not a word is said about management. Isn't management just as selfish as the player in this situation?

We're talking about a player and a coach. McD is in the right here.

Now, if McD offered an absurdly low contract, then theoretically speaking, Tebow would be right. (I say theoretically because I think holding out for more money when you've been offered so much is just stupid.)

From what I do know about the story, McD, for all we know, offered a fair contract, and Tebow asked for more money than the player drafted before him. A dick move.

McD is maintaining a team-first mentality precisely BECAUSE he isn't caving in to an unreasonable demand.

Br0nc0Buster
07-28-2010, 07:56 PM

McDaniels isnt the GM or the owner
its not his decision to make

He is not the one debating numbers with Tebow's agent

Mogulseeker
07-28-2010, 07:58 PM
McDaniels isnt the GM or the owner
its not his decision to make

He is not the one debating numbers with Tebow's agent

He has more influence than you think. Remember, McD played a huge role in the firing of Goodman and hiring of Xanders.

Mogulseeker
07-28-2010, 07:59 PM
so tebow is a hypocrite but mcd isn't? All i've heard from mcd is team this and team that. If he truly believed that then he would pay tebow's asking price so the team could get better by having everyone in camp.

it's so ironic how we chastise labor but forgive management. ???

marxist! :rofl:

oubronco
07-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Why is everyone bitching so much about the 3rd string QB i'm more worried about Thomas as he will actually be on the field

Steve Prefontaine
07-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Why is everyone b****ing so much about the 3rd string QB i'm more worried about Thomas as he will actually be on the field

b/c it's tim mother fkin tebow

Br0nc0Buster
07-28-2010, 08:05 PM
He has more influence than you think. Remember, McD played a huge role in the firing of Goodman and hiring of Xanders.

I was under a different impression as to why the Goodmans are not here, regardless from everything I have read Xanders is the cap guy

Josh may pick the groceries, but I have seen nothing to indicate he is charge of signing bonuses, incentive based contract escalations, etc...

That is Xanders job, there would be not point to Xanders if Josh was coaching the team AND in charge of player contracts

oubronco
07-28-2010, 08:05 PM
b/c it's tim mother fkin tebow

We'll see if he earns the "mother fkin" part we saw how Jack Williams did

Mogulseeker
07-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Why is everyone b****ing so much about the 3rd string QB i'm more worried about Thomas as he will actually be on the field

Well he is the QBOF, so we're talking long-term deal.

But I'm really doubting he takes many, if any, snaps this year.

oubronco
07-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Well he is the QBOF, so we're talking long-term deal.

But I'm really doubting he takes many, if any, snaps this year.

Who's to say that Quinn isn't the QBOF?

MaloCS
07-28-2010, 08:13 PM
We're talking about a player and a coach. McD is in the right here.

Now, if McD offered an absurdly low contract, then theoretically speaking, Tebow would be right. (I say theoretically because I think holding out for more money when you've been offered so much is just stupid.)

From what I do know about the story, McD, for all we know, offered a fair contract, and Tebow asked for more money than the player drafted before him. A dick move.

McD is maintaining a team-first mentality precisely BECAUSE he isn't caving in to an unreasonable demand.

Dude..... That's complete and utter bull****. Seriously, do you honestly believe that?

Today's NFL is just not about playing the game of football. There's also an economic aspect to the game. Huge sums of money are at stake and unfortunately for the players, the owners, the coaches and the fans, that economic aspect more often then naught takes precedence over philosophical ideologies like "Team".

McD can shovel the team first propaganda until he's blue in the face but at the end of the day, money is going to take precedence. The whole aspect of Team means nothing when money is involved.

It doesn't matter how much of a team player a person is because if that person has outlived their usefulness to The Team then they are history. It doesn't matter if that player shows up to every off season workout, it doesn't matter if that player stays out of trouble, it doesn't matter if that player takes the time to mentor younger players, it doesn't mattter if that player was key to a Super Bowl victory a few years back; all that matters is if that player is economically feasible to The Team.

Management will propagandize the team first philosophy but they in no way shape or form live by their own words. Today's NFL player must look out for themselves because The Team won't do it. Additionally, to top it off, management has the support from people like you that believe that the player is always wrong when it comes to differences in opinion to monetary compensation.

Mogulseeker
07-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Dude..... That's complete and utter bull****. Seriously, do you honestly believe that?

Today's NFL is just not about playing the game of football. There's also an economic aspect to the game. Huge sums of money are at stake and unfortunately for the players, the owners, the coaches and the fans, that economic aspect more often then naught takes precedence over philosophical ideologies like "Team".

McD can shovel the team first propaganda until he's blue in the face but at the end of the day, money is going to take precedence. The whole aspect of Team means nothing when money is involved.

It doesn't matter how much of a team player a person is because if that person has outlived their usefulness to The Team then they are history. It doesn't matter if that player shows up to every off season workout, it doesn't matter if that player stays out of trouble, it doesn't matter if that player takes the time to mentor younger players, it doesn't mattter if that player was key to a Super Bowl victory a few years back; all that matters is if that player is economically feasible to The Team.

Management will propagandize the team first philosophy but they in no way shape or form live by their own words. Today's NFL player must look out for themselves because The Team won't do it. Additionally, to top it off, management has the support from people like you that believe that the player is always wrong when it comes to differences in opinion to monetary compensation.

That's what the NFLPA and the collective bargaining agreements are for.

Huge chunks of revenue is being shared by the league. Essentially, you're saying the players are only looking for their slice of the pie, and that's absolutely true.

Which is why Tebow should shut up and take the cash he's been offered on the basis of where he was drafted. It doesn't make since giving him more of said slice than someone who was drafted before him.

Oh, I remmember reading one of John Elways kids books as a kid, and remember him saying "Winning isn't everything - having fun is. But when you're paid to play, winning is everything."

And yes, I believe that teams do whatever they can to win therefore increasing sales, including disposing of players. That IS the team mentality - anything to win. And there is some loyalty in the league.

MaloCS
07-28-2010, 08:18 PM
marxist! :rofl:

Marxist? **** you! I'm a Capitalist to the core.

What can be more capitalistic then making sure you get paid, and get paid well. Just because I don't fall to my knees and worship the ground that ownership and management walk on does not mean I'm a Marxist.

Capitalism is not just for the business owner, Capitalism also applies to labor. I do not view my employer as giving me something out of the kindness of their heart. I view my relationship with my employer as a symbiotic relationship where I provide time and services in exchange for money. If I believe my time and services are worth more money then you bet your ass I'm going to get it. Whether it's from my current employer, another employer or by going into business for myself.

That, my friend, is Capitalism.

Mogulseeker
07-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Marxist? **** you! I'm a Capitalist to the core.

What can be more capitalistic then making sure you get paid, and get paid well. Just because I don't fall to my knees and worship the ground that ownership and management walk on does not mean I'm a Marxist.

Capitalism is not just for the business owner, Capitalism also applies to labor. I do not view my employer as giving me something out of the kindness of their heart. I view my relationship with my employer as a symbiotic relationship where I provide time and services in exchange for money. If I believe my time and services are worth more money then you bet your ass I'm going to get it. Whether it's from my current employer, another employer or by going into business for myself.

That, my friend, is Capitalism.

Obviously, you're new so I'll let the failure to pick up on my sarcasm slide.

oubronco
07-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Potent Quotables - 07/28/10
by Tim Lynch on Jul 28, 2010 6:31 PM MDT

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/495323/65183_broncos_camp_football.jpg
Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels watches as his rookies get loose during football training camp at the team's facility in Englewood, Colo., on Wednesday, July 28, 2010. Rookies reported Wednesday and the veterans report Sunday. (AP Photo/Ed Andrieski)

HEAD COACH JOSH MCDANIELS

On the importance of a quarterback being present at the beginning of training camp

"...I think that each day that we are here is an opportunity to improve and learn and take advantage of; you know we went through 60 pages this morning in an installation meeting and those pages are filled with information and it’s not that we aren’t going to go back and review that."

"We will. I think that any opportunity to get in more, particularly a young player, whatever position it is; whether it is a quarterback or something else."

"I think it helps them and so we are trying to get those two players in as quickly as we can so they can have an opportunity to compete and learn, but I wouldn’t say that anybody has panicked or anything like that or anything is detrimental at this point."

More quotes... (http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/7/28/1593486/potent-quotables-07-28-10)
<!-- / message -->

MaloCS
07-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Obviously, you're new so I'll let the failure to pick up on my sarcasm slide.

**** you and **** your sarcasm!

Mogulseeker
07-28-2010, 08:35 PM
**** you and **** your sarcasm!

That's the spirit! Welcome to the mane.

Hercules Rockefeller
07-28-2010, 08:53 PM

I'm not going to read through 7 pages, but can I just say this isn't a surprise?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2884747#post2884747

Should hopefully help with Thomas' deal, and won't do a ton for Tebow since there will always be a QB premium built in.

DHallblows
07-28-2010, 08:54 PM
There's a lot of dumb people on the Mane...

Mogulseeker
07-28-2010, 09:20 PM

I agree, there are a lot of dumb people on the mane that don't even know how to conjugate contractions in their own language.

People = plural pronoun.

Is/it is/there is/there's = indirect objects for singular nouns/pronouns.
Are/there are = indirect objects for plural nouns/pronouns
There're is also an acceptable contraction, but it is rarely used.

:thumbs:

Don't think too much into it, I'm just being a smartass.

Lev Vyvanse
07-28-2010, 09:31 PM
I agree, there are a lot of dumb people on the mane that don't even know how to conjugate contractions in their own language.

People = plural pronoun.

I think his usage is way more better.

Broncoman13
07-28-2010, 09:50 PM

Boy howdy! I mean, a QB who has an agent that is asking for the typical QB premium... How dare he?!? I'm just shocked that there are so many people on the OM that can't or won't comprehend this simple fact of football.

broncocalijohn
07-28-2010, 09:51 PM
You're dead to me, Tim Tebow.

Damn it, now what am I going to do with all this Jockey and Nike activewear?

buy Under Armour. I hear they need a athlete rep around now. Tebow is a football guy and team player. I bet if you balk at the higher money talks, he will be in camp on his own. This agent is hurting his rep. Wouldnt this be something if he didnt sign, never played for the Broncos and all those that thought he was "it" had bought his jersey? :giggle:

UberBroncoMan
07-28-2010, 09:54 PM
High round QB's always get more than those taken above them (if they aren't a QB). I'm not surprised. What I am surprised at is the fact Tebow hasn't followed with his team first, must show up attitude. He's going to get millions... MILLIONS from endorsements. Then again, there's no guarantee his career will be a success so I guess the extra cash matters.

Regardless, he better be there for camp.

tsiguy96
07-28-2010, 10:05 PM
High round QB's always get more than those taken above them (if they aren't a QB). I'm not surprised. What I am surprised at is the fact Tebow hasn't followed with his team first, must show up attitude. He's going to get millions... MILLIONS from endorsements. Then again, there's no guarantee his career will be a success so I guess the extra cash matters.

Regardless, he better be there for camp.

tebow is all about football, i dont think thats in question, the contract just has to be right first, and im pretty positive it will be in the next day or two if they are that close.

Steve Sewell
07-28-2010, 10:11 PM

You troll a sports fan board. Think about that for a moment.

broncocalijohn
07-28-2010, 10:13 PM

where is the sarcasm logo? You had me :rofl: when you said Bryant was a team first player. good one.

Mogulseeker
07-28-2010, 10:32 PM
You can't be a Jesus-loving homo. Do you know god hates em?

theAPAOps5
07-28-2010, 10:41 PM

People = plural pronoun.

When you resort to using grammar usage in a retort you might as well say, "I really can't argue with you so I am going to try and look smarter than you!"

But in reality it never works. :twokisses

Just busting your chops buddy!

bombay
07-28-2010, 10:53 PM
WGAF. Really. About the 3rd stiring QB?

HAT
07-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Ricky Martin thinks this thread is gay.

FireFly
07-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Wow. Some very upset posters in this thread!

I'm going to weigh in for what its worth:

1) QB's get paid a premium. Tebow is a QB therefore Tebow will be paid a premium.

2) If he misses any full squad participation camp it will not be good for his short term development. He knows this. The team knows this.

3) McDaniels does not negotiate contracts personally, so it's not up to him to give Tebow what he wants! The only person that might possibly want Tebow on the field more than Tebow is McDaniels!

4) Tebow is not negotiating his contract personally, and I'd be very suprised if he hadn't asked his agent to get him to camp by Sunday (that doesn't mean it will 100% happen)

5) There are a lot of trolls on a lot of boards, but jhns really is one of the more obnoxious ones.

Pat Bowlen
07-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Ban MaloCS.

DHallblows
07-28-2010, 11:33 PM

People = plural pronoun.

See post #153 :twokisses

HAT
07-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Ban MaloCS.

Pat....We know Josh will be burning the midnight oil come Saturday night. Can you please direct him to make one final post on the 'mane before things get too hectic for him?

SoCalBronco
07-28-2010, 11:56 PM

Beautiful post. Wonderful analysis. Rep. You can't have the "business" work one way but not the other. It's hypocritical for people to pressure someone to "just sign it and get in here" and then complain later when they claim they've outplayed their contract.."but..but you signed it"...really, it was a perfectly legitimate transaction? No one was being pressured? You have to respect the process and the other person's rights and their goals. It's not just one side's goals that are important. You can't run roughshod over the player's interests hiding behind the thin veil of "team first" garbage. The "business" of the NFL is a two way street.

Pat Bowlen
07-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Ban SoCalBronco.

Broncos_OTM
07-29-2010, 12:35 AM
I am starting to think that 15 is a cursed number

Broncos_OTM
07-29-2010, 12:36 AM
is that you Brandon Marhsall, Are you Tebows agent?

Broncos_OTM
07-29-2010, 12:36 AM
is that you crabtree. is that me?

Beantown Bronco
07-29-2010, 06:45 AM
People need to realize that there is very strong chance this will be only NFL contract Tebow might ever get. He has to get as much as he can to ensure he walks away with money for himself and his family.

He's probably already made more in endorsements and jersey sales than he'll make in this first contract regardless of how negotiations go from here on out.

jhns
07-29-2010, 07:15 AM
It is a sad day in sports when a player like Dez is willing to hurry up contract negotiations to get in camp and the ultimate team player Tebow is missing camp. You can't get these snaps back Tebow. I highly doubt this team is offering crap contracts...

bowtown
07-29-2010, 07:19 AM
Yawn. Wake me up if he's still not in camp on Sunday.

Rashomon
07-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Cutler signed for $48 mil in 2006 at the 11th pick, in a year where two QBs ahead of him in the draft had already signed with their teams. The money was above decent and the slotting was a lot more figured out than it is this year with Dez.

Leinart held out for two weeks and was the last player signed from the 2006 draft, so Cutler's agent did not have Leinart's contract to work with. Leinart's holdout, like Quinn's and so many other QB's, was over escalator clauses in their contract that they never received. I would hope that is not what Sexton is fighting over now. Tebow better get as much guaranteed money as possible in this contract.

In Tebow's (and his agents) defense, this year is unusual with all of the labor strife. I think only 2 first rounders have signed so far.

Tom A Hawk
07-29-2010, 07:50 AM
I don't think it works that way. For example in the 2007 NFL Draft, Reggie Nelson was picked 20th and Brady Quinn was picked 21st. Nelson went on to sign a five year contract worth $13.2 million while Quinn went on to sign a five year contract worth $20.2 million. Now if you're saying that Tebow should just take less, potentially losing that much money, fine, but this is still a business (and a dangerous one at that) and Tebow is worth more than Dez Bryant at this point. I highly doubt you would give up $7 million just because you were picked one slot behind somebody else. Tebow may want to get to camp, but it would be financially irresponsible for his agent to leave that much money on the table.

I think you make sense except for worth more than Dez Bryant at this point.
My guess is that Bryant sees the field and contributes more than Tebow will, but that is conjecture without value. Not sure how you translate all of that to dollars and cents. They way I look at it, the answer is always no unless you ask....his agent is right for asking.

bronco militia
07-29-2010, 07:54 AM
LOL ...this thread is like a wild fire.

who knew?! ;D

Kaylore
07-29-2010, 08:10 AM
I never blame a player for trying to get more money. Everyone here would do the same thing. It's called being smart. Especially if they are trying to sign him to a longer contract he needs to make sure he's not screwed if he performs well on the back end of that deal.

Cito Pelon
07-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Seeings how there's only the one first-rounder signed, what's so surprising Denver's haven't signed? Who knows what the two sides are arguing about. Seems like there's a lot of 4-year contracts for rookies this year. Isn't 5 and 6-year contracts the norm?

missingnumber7
07-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Who's to say that Quinn isn't the QBOF?

The cliff for jumping off of is over ================>

Rabb
07-29-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't see what's so hard to understand here. Tebow is not a hypocrite and people can say whatever they want to about what he has said in the past about being in camp on time...his agent is driving this people, not him.

The idiots on the Fan want to keep blaming him which is rediculous. The kid may be naive for thinking he would just make his agent get it done, but he has somewhat of a responsibility to support the other 1st round picks whether people like it or not. He also is going to get the most that he can, and anyone that thinks otherwise is just as naive.

I have no doubt he wants to be playing and will be really soon but we are talking about a guy that is going to be the third QB on the team this year, so I don't get it. If it's because he said he would be in camp...that's just him not understanding yet how it works, not him paying lip service I bet.

It's really not a mystery...this whole thing has made me truly hate DMac on the Fan btw...looks for any reason to hate on the kid.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-29-2010, 08:20 AM
I would guess this deal is done no later than close of business tomorrow. And then you can all start overreacting about the amount of money he's actually making, not just the amount of money he's talking about making.

Should be awesome. I can't wait, frankly.

bronco militia
07-29-2010, 08:20 AM
I would guess this deal is done no later than close of business tomorrow. And then you can all start overreacting about the amount of money he's actually making, not just the amount of money he's talking about making.

Should be awesome. I can't wait, frankly.

Ha!

jhns
07-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Let's repeat this one more time.

Dez Bryant hurried up his contract to get to camp on time. Dez Bryant actually showed he is in this to play football and prove himself.

Now, the most hyped team player. The guy that is said to be selfless, all about hard work, and the game of football is missing snaps because of money. I have not had one negative thing to say about Tebow before this but he is not showing any of the characteristics that have been so over hyped. I mean, Dez Bryant made sure he was in camp on time. It says a lot when a diva receiver shows he is less greedy and more about football than you.

Also, it is funny that people here actually think the player works for the agent..... Good stuff.

bronclvr
07-29-2010, 08:36 AM

Dez Bryant hurried up his contract to get to camp on time. Dez Bryant actually showed he is in this to play football and prove himself.

Now, the most hyped team player. The guy that is said to be selfless, all about hard work, and the game of football is missing snaps because of money. I have not had one negative thing to say about Tebow before this but he is not showing any of the characteristics that have been so over hyped. I mean, Dez Bryant made sure he was in camp on time. It says a lot when a diva receiver shows he is less greedy and more about football than you.

Also, it is funny that people here actually think the player works for the agent..... Good stuff.

Please explain why you need to "repeat" this? You have made your point, why not give it a rest? Or, is it that you are trying to re-start your argument to agitate other Posters? I don't get it-

Steve Sewell
07-29-2010, 08:37 AM

Cutler works for Bus Cook.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-29-2010, 08:37 AM

You. Are. Adorable. Please, tell us again.

Rabb
07-29-2010, 08:38 AM
so you honestly don't think that the players take advice and negotiate contracts because of their agents, riiiiight

I guess the fact that almost every other 1st rounder this year and every other year does the same thing means nothing, it must be Tebow right? Dez accepted it because honestly, he NEEDS to get his ass into camp and get some solid publicity as well as reps. Just as in our case, I am more concerned about Bey Bey getting to camp on time because he will have a bigger role than Tebow.

Dez Bryant's AGENT made sure he was in camp on time

outdoor_miner
07-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Yawn. Wake me up if he's still not in camp on Sunday.

^^^This

Steve Sewell
07-29-2010, 08:40 AM

Also:

"First-round holdouts in the early days of training camps have become as commonplace in the NFL as checkdown passes. By the time the Broncos finished their 75-minute practice session Wednesday, only two of 32 first-round draft picks had signed."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15627365

jhns
07-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Please explain why you need to "repeat" this? You have made your point, why not give it a rest? Or, is it that you are trying to re-start your argument to agitate other Posters? I don't get it-

It needs repeated. I promise I will say it again.

You do realize your post applies to almost every post on the last 3 pages or so, right? Why are all of those guys repeating themselves? Why are you only asking me this when that is the case? All good questions.

It is pathetic when the majority of your hype is character and you are shown up by Dez Bryant. The excuses are nothing more than just that, excuses.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-29-2010, 08:44 AM

You do realize your post applies to almost every post on the last 3 pages or so, right? Why are all of those guys repeating themselves? Why are you only asking me this when that is the case? All good questions.

It is pathetic when the majority of your hype is character and you are shown up by Dez Bryant. The excuses are nothing more than just that, excuses.

Again! Again! Again!

jhns
07-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Again! Again! Again!

Fine, it is pathetic when the majority of your hype is how much character you have and then you are shown up by Dez Bryant.

bronclvr
07-29-2010, 08:48 AM

I asked because you always seem to be a broken record on many subjects, and appear to be trolling-so, tables turned, are you saying that you wouldn't look out for your own best interests in a similar situation? In your persoanl life, have you turned down a raise?

I guess it's all fodder-some people Post to keep their Post count up, to start crap or make themselves feel important because they have nothing better to do-if so, keep taking up bandwidth-I just don't get it, I like some substance in what I read-

Rabb
07-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Fine, it is pathetic when the majority of your hype is how much character you have and then you are shown up by Dez Bryant.

So by that logic, every other 1st rounder was also right?

And now character is defined by getting a contract done quickly, is that also right jhiz?

I just want to make sure I get your awesome reasoning, and now we know that everyone in the 1st round has less character and are all puppets to their agents, except Dez who is a model player. Yes?

jhns
I like some substance in what I read-

LOL

So you read the mane?

TheElusiveKyleOrton

Yaay!

Hooray!

More, please!

It's pathetic when you feel the need to repeat yourself over and over again. I prefer the content I read (and write) to be interesting, compelling, not literally repeating the same stale bull**** I've posted before. But that's me. That's clearly not you.

I will make an exception here and repeat how pathetic you are over and over again. You're just special enough to have earned it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Character: Not how hard you work, what you do for others, your attitude in practice and off the field. Character: How early you get your contract done in relation to the contract of one Dez Bryant.

You're right. That's not a ****ing moronic stance at all.

jhns
07-29-2010, 08:55 AM
You're just special enough to have earned it.

Thanks! You are special too.

Rabb
07-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Character: Not how hard you work, what you do for others, your attitude in practice and off the field. Character: How early you get your contract done in relation to the contract of one Dez Bryant.

he's obviously never been in, or is familiar with unions and how they work

sometimes it's a "big picture" thing and players/workers have a responsibility to their team mates/co-workers

I guess his ditch digging union isn't real big on solidarity

55CrushEm

For once, I agree with jhns. I do NOT, think this makes Tebow a bad person, and I'm still psyched about seeing him develop.

But, facts are facts.....the agent WORKS FOR THE PLAYER. And too many players nowadays seemingly have this belief, feeling, or misunderstanding that they have to do exactly what their agent says. "Oh, that's in my agent's hands. I can't do anything about that." WRONG! The AGENT has to do whatever the CLIENT says....period. That's explicit in any agent/client relationship.

So, yes, bottom line is that if Tebow wanted to be in camp yesterday.....all he had to do was make it clear to his agent that whatever he does, make sure the contract is done in time for him to be there on Wednesday. The problem is the agent has ZERO incentive on getting his client in on time. They get paid a percentage of the contract, whether it's done on time, or 3 weeks into camp.

All that being said, I'm not a Tebow hater (quite the opposite)......just (re)emphasing the fact that Tebow runs the show here (legally).....not the agent.

OABB
So by that logic, every other 1st rounder was also right?

And now character is defined by getting a contract done quickly, is that also right jhiz?

Any stand jhiz takes is subject to change once he gets owned. It is useless to own him because he doesn't even have a bit of pride to accept it. It's like beating up a dominatrix slave. He just likes the attention and to argue. He is not honorable in anyway. Which is what happens to fat lonely computer geeks over time. We are the only people that know he exists.

I say just insult him and don't argue. Eventually that sick feeling of being a pisspot will mellow him out. That is my hope at least.

jhns
07-29-2010, 08:58 AM

Bryant made it about football. Tebow is making it about money. Sure, greed is a sign of high character. Too bad his God doesn't agree with you or him. Maybe he can look up some bible quotes about greed and paint them on his face until he gets it.

bronclvr
07-29-2010, 08:58 AM
LOL

So you read the mane?

Yessir I do, mostly for Bronco's News, but occasionally I like to weigh in on a few debates when it has some "substance"-by the way, I like how you cherry pick my Posts and don't answer questions-

OABB
07-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Bryant made it about football. Tebow is making it about money. Sure, greed is a sign of high character. Too bad his God doesn't agree with you or him. Maybe he can look up some bible quotes about greed and paint them on his face until he gets it.

Market value is not greed lex jr. There is a premium on qbs. Just read the thread at the part you got raped. It's all there.

jhns
07-29-2010, 09:03 AM
All that being said, I'm not a Tebow hater (quite the opposite)......just (re)emphasing the fact that Tebow runs the show here (legally).....not the agent.

I also agree with this. I don't hate Tebow and I have hopes that he is good enough to be the future here. I have never said a bad thing about him. This thread is the only one you will find that I have anything negative to say regarding Tebow.

HAT
07-29-2010, 09:06 AM

I'm sure TT is a tither. He's just trying to maximize God's 10%.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-29-2010, 09:07 AM

I'd say going overseas and building orphanages for kids is a bigger indicator of character than getting a contract done early. But then, I'm not a complete and utter moron, so... we differ there as well.

It's not greed, stupid. HISTORICALLY, Quarterbacks get more money. Period. It's called "market value." Ever heard of it? Ever run a business bigger than your lemonade stand?

jhns
07-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Market value is not greed lex jr. There is a premium on qbs. Just read the thread at the part you got raped. It's all there.

Do you honestly think the Broncos are offering him crap contracts that aren't fair? Do you really think they don't know how the rookie pay scales work? You guys don't give this front office much credit.

jhns
07-29-2010, 09:08 AM
I'd say going overseas and building orphanages for kids is a bigger indicator of character than getting a contract done early. But then, I'm not a complete and utter moron, so... we differ there as well.

It's not greed, stupid. HISTORICALLY, Quarterbacks get more money. Period. It's called "market value." Ever heard of it? Ever run a business bigger than your lemonade stand?

Doing charity is good character and all but even Cutler does a ton of charity work. Case closed.

Eldorado
07-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Just gave Josh a call. I told him he better get this chit straightened out or the Main is gonna be pissed. He seemed receptive.

jhns
07-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Yessir I do, mostly for Bronco's News, but occasionally I like to weigh in on a few debates when it has some "substance"-by the way, I like how you cherry pick my Posts and don't answer questions-

What questions would you like me to answer?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Do you honestly think the Broncos are offering him crap contracts that aren't fair? Do you really think they don't know how the rookie pay scales work? You guys don't give this front office much credit.

Who said he was being offered a contract that wasn't fair?

Look, there could be a disagreement on the per-year portion of the contract. On how many years it is. The guaranteed money. Any number of variables come into play when contracts are being worked out.

I'm sure it's not a "crap" contract. Finding middle ground between two entities is almost always time consuming.

You'd know that if you weren't a moron.

Rabb
07-29-2010, 09:11 AM

you could start with which head injury made you such a flaming retard dickbag

I am sure most of us want to know

bronclvr

Please, I have read your Posts, you aren't stupid and please don't treat me like I am-re-read my Post-

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Doing charity is good character and all but even Cutler does a ton of charity work. Case closed.

You think there's no difference between flying overseas and spending weeks on end working with locals to build an orphanage and showing up for two hours at a bowl-a-thon?

Christ, you are a ****ing moron. I thought maybe you were just being obtuse, but you're really actually very ****ing stupid.

jhns
07-29-2010, 09:13 AM
You think there's no difference between flying overseas and spending weeks on end working with locals to build an orphanage and showing up for two hours at a bowl-a-thon?

Christ, you are a ****ing moron. I thought maybe you were just being obtuse, but you're really actually very ****ing stupid.

So you not knowing what Cutler does is a sign of my stupidity? That is a new one.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-29-2010, 09:15 AM
So you not knowing what Cutler does is a sign of my stupidity? That is a new one.

Pardon?

Okay, master of all things Cutler. Tell us all what Cutler does for charity that's even in the same stratosphere as traveling to the South Pacific to build an orphanage by hand. Go ahead. Educate us.

jhns
07-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Please, I have read your Posts, you aren't stupid and please don't treat me like I am-re-read my Post-

I'm not, I am actually asking what questions you want answered. Is that raise thing not a rhetorical question? I will say I have never denied a multi million dollar contract because I didn't think it was enough. I certainly didn't demand more money in my first job before ever setting foot in the office to show what I could do. I actually worked for very little right out of college and demanded a lot more after I had proven myself for a couple years.

Is that what you were looking for?

Eldorado
07-29-2010, 09:19 AM

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss88/SilentWolf8979/Smileys/pokenest.gif

Eldorado
07-29-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm not, I am actually asking what questions you want answered. Is that raise thing not a rhetorical question? I will say I have never denied a multi million dollar contract because I didn't think it was enough. I certainly didn't demand more money in my first job before ever setting foot in the office to show what I could do. I actually worked for very little right out of college and demanded a lot more after I had proven myself for a couple years.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Nt_639E92c8/TAwEGk5YtZI/AAAAAAAAAA4/ohmEyjxxXlY/s1600/girl-who-kicked-the-hornets-nest.jpg

HAT
07-29-2010, 09:22 AM

What do you think the Broncos record will be this year?

Just one number, then a hyphen, then another number. Pro-tip: Sum of the numbers should equal 16.

jhns
07-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Pardon?

Okay, master of all things Cutler. Tell us all what Cutler does for charity that's even in the same stratosphere as traveling to the South Pacific to build an orphanage by hand. Go ahead. Educate us.

He helps many organizations that deal with diabetes. He brings sick kids to practices and games. He helped fund the Darrent Williams community center to keep kids off the streets. He goes to tons of charity events in support of both of these causes. He donates a ton of money to both causes.

I know, I know. Everything Tebow does is better and all the time and money Cutler puts into helping kids and the diabetes cause is nothing. Building that orphanage in a foreign country is much more important than keeping kids safe or trying to help with a disease that hurts millions.

Chris
07-29-2010, 09:26 AM
They're both charitable. I would argue in Cutler's case this is a function of getting community support and comes with the territory of being an NFL QB. Tebow has been doing this his entire life.

The difference is Tebow is a charming person and Cutler is quite the opposite.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-29-2010, 09:28 AM
He helps many organizations that deal with diabetes. He brings sick kids to practices and games. He helped fund the Darrent Williams community center to keep kids off the streets. He goes to tons of charity events in support of both of these causes. He donates a ton of money to both causes.

I know, I know. Everything Tebow does is better and all the time and money Cutler puts into helping kids and the diabetes cause is nothing. Building that orphanage in a foreign country is much more important than keeping kids safe or trying to help with a disease that hurts millions.

That's all well and good. It doesn't compare with the 24 hour commitment that Tebow has dedicated to helping those overseas... AND in his community. So your "even Cutler helps charity" business is dog ****. It's not in the same stratosphere.

At no time did Cutler even have to put down his beer to go help someone else.

And the point remains: Tebow has a very strong character, regardless of this particular contract situation. And comparing his contract to that of Dez Bryant and then comparing their "character" based on that contract situation is just ****ing retarded.

jhns
07-29-2010, 09:29 AM
What do you think the Broncos record will be this year?

Just one number, then a hyphen, then another number. Pro-tip: Sum of the numbers should equal 16.

Don't know, can I answer after training camp? My answer can change a lot depending on what some injury situations are looking like and who is starting.

I know, you just wanted numbers. I really don't have a prediction though.

bronclvr

Yes-Tebow has proven himself, just look at his records-NFL Football is fleeting, and you only get a few chances to make your money after spending most of your life training to play-if Tebow holds out after Sunday maybe I'll join your skepticism-as for now, you're just looking for an argument for entertainment, and the rest of these guys are playing your game-

outdoor_miner
he's obviously never been in, or is familiar with unions and how they work

sometimes it's a "big picture" thing and players/workers have a responsibility to their team mates/co-workers

I guess his ditch digging union isn't real big on solidarity

Why are people ignoring this part of the argument? These guys get a lot of pressure from the union (of which their teammates are members) to not lower the bar for contracts. Part of being a good teammate (as argued by the union and agents, I'm sure) is not taking a smaller contract to get to camp on time. It's not as cut and dry as just being greedy.

Now - not saying I agree with this. But, I'm certain there is a ton of pressure to get a fair market deal.

HAT
07-29-2010, 09:31 AM
Don't know, can I answer after training camp?

You can, but you won't.

jhns
07-29-2010, 09:33 AM
That's all well and good. It doesn't compare with the 24 hour commitment that Tebow has dedicated to helping those overseas... AND in his community. So your "even Cutler helps charity" business is dog ****. It's not in the same stratosphere.

At no time did Cutler even have to put down his beer to go help someone else.

And the point remains: Tebow has a very strong character, regardless of this particular contract situation. And comparing his contract to that of Dez Bryant and then comparing their "character" based on that contract situation is just ****ing retarded.

I'm not claiming Tebow has bad character. I said Dez has shown him up in this situation. I think that is sad considering the person that showed him up.

Cutler has done a lot and a lot of it in person, meaning he had to put down his beer. You being upset that he hurt your feelings doesn't change what he has done. Tebows charity work is great but it is not something better than what Cutler does. They both do great work. You have to be a pretty pathetic person to have the views that you are expressing here.

BroncosSR
07-29-2010, 09:35 AM
trade him and get cutler back...

Eldorado
07-29-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm not claiming Tebow has bad character. I said Dez has shown him up in this situation. I think that is sad considering the person that showed him up.

Cutler has done a lot and a lot of it in person, meaning he had to put down his beer. You being upset that he hurt your feelings doesn't change what he has done. Tebows charity work is great but it is not something better than what Cutler does. They both do great work. You have to be a pretty pathetic person to have the views that you are expressing here.

http://mikeytherhino.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/moron.jpg

bronclvr
07-29-2010, 09:38 AM

OK, now you are giving me something to sink my teeth into-you are comparing the good that Cutler has done to Tebow? Give me a break-when Cutler spends his Summers and off-time (College Spring Break for instance) in a Foreign Country helping people get back to me-you don't see any pictures of Tebow drunk-

jhns
07-29-2010, 09:40 AM
You can, but you won't.

Fine. 16-0. 15-1 if Tebow doesn't sign this week.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-29-2010, 09:41 AM

Actually, it is better. Just like Jay Cutler's charity work is far more -- and better -- than the work I do with charity.

Every year, I do the MS 150 bike ride. My girlfriend's mom was diagnosed with MS when my girlfriend was 5, and Maggie took care of her mom from the time she was 16 til her mom died 10 years later. It's to show my appreciation for this commitment that I ride 150 miles over two days every single year to raise money for MS research.

I donate to the National Cancer Society. I donate and volunteer for the National Sports Center for the Disabled. I volunteer at soup kitchens and I mentor a teenager.

I do all of this, and it doesn't compare with what Jay Cutler can do for charity because I'm just some schmo, not a pro athlete with a ton of exposure.

I do all of this, and it pales in comparison to the impact one famous person can make.

Now imagine one famous person who takes time off of his vacation, takes himself out of his comfort zone, travels halfway around the world to help someone he's never met. First, the impact is enormous. Second, it stands to reason that doing this is the definition of charity, and while it doesn't take anything away from what Cutler does, there are in fact levels of charity that can be seen by the naked eye.

You're being obtuse and intentionally blind to that because it hurts your point, but I think anyone with half a brain in their head would realize I'm not taking anything away from Cutler when I say Tebow gives more; it's just a fact.

jhns
07-29-2010, 09:42 AM
OK, now you are giving me something to sink my teeth into-you are comparing the good that Cutler has done to Tebow? Give me a break-when Cutler spends his Summers and off-time (College Spring Break for instance) in a Foreign Country helping people get back to me-you don't see any pictures of Tebow drunk-

LOL

Cutler drinks in some of his off time so his charitable work doesn't count as much!

What a joke.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-29-2010, 09:49 AM
LOL

Cutler drinks in some of his off time so his charitable work doesn't count as much!

What a joke.

LOL Hilarious!

Not what he said. At all. Not even close.

Reading comprehension: It's not for everybody.

Eldorado
07-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Found a pic of lex and jhns. Explains a lot, really.

http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/102009/morons_take_it_to_the_streets.jpg

bronclvr
07-29-2010, 09:53 AM
LOL

What a joke.

OK, I'm starting to get it (sorry guys I'm a little slow)-you would rather discount the truth than to see things as they are-continue on with your little diatribe, I'm out-:pity:

jhns
07-29-2010, 09:54 AM
LOL Hilarious!

Not what he said. At all. Not even close.

Reading comprehension: It's not for everybody.

Really? What is the last line about? Let's finish this sentence with what he was meaning. Tebow doesn't have pictures of him drining so....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Really? What is the last line about? Let's finish this sentence with what he was meaning. Tebow doesn't have pictures of him drining so....

Really? So you discount everything else in the post and only focus on the last line? That's how you operate?

Ah, I see. Don't respond to anything else because it hurts your case. Respond to the one line out of four that you can argue with. The last vestige of the desperate arguer.

jhns
07-29-2010, 09:59 AM
when I say Tebow gives more; it's just a fact.

I think you need to look up the definition of this word "fact". I really doubt you know the extent of Cutlers or Tebows charity work. Tebow sure puts his work in the spotlight more, I will give you that.