PDA

View Full Version : Clausen Signs with panthers

Kaylore
07-28-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/under-the-golden-dome/2010/07/jimmy-clausen-signs-with-panthers.html

Jimmy Clausen will make it to training camp on time as he has agreed to terms with the Carolina Panthers on the morning the Panthers open their 2010 training camp. The deal is for four years and includes $2.53 million in guaranteed money...no word yet on if Clausen will show up in a stretch-hummer for his first practice with the Panthers.

So Tebow should get a fairly reasonable contract.

tsiguy96
07-28-2010, 11:14 AM
they were drafted 20 some spots apart from each other, clausens deal has no effect on tebows.

HILife
07-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Hurry up and start TC!!

Kaylore
07-28-2010, 11:25 AM
they were drafted 20 some spots apart from each other, clausens deal has no effect on tebows.

Sure they do. 20 spots isn't that much. Tebow will get way more obviously, but the structure and overall cost can be approximated by looking at what others are getting.

HILife
07-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Sure they do. 20 spots isn't that much. Tebow will get way more obviously, but the structure and overall cost can be approximated by looking at what others are getting.

I thought I heard somewhere he is going to get 8mil guarrentied and 12.5mil total.

Kaylore
07-28-2010, 12:40 PM
I thought I heard somewhere he is going to get 8mil guarrentied and 12.5mil total.

It will be something comparable to that. They might jack it up a bit to get him in sooner than later or as a "show of confidence" ala Matt Ryan and other QB's taken to be the future of the franchise, but it will be something relatively close to that.

Rabb
07-28-2010, 12:50 PM

not to mention there weren't a ton of QB's taken and I think that all relates so you are correct Khanster