PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton interview on 87.7 fm

titan
07-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Kyle Orton was interviewed on 87.7 fm this afternoon, too. Here's a summary:

How do you feel about reporting with the rookies?

It's not too bad. The first few days is just conditioning.

How about losing brandon marshall?

That's the nfl - guys move on. We can't replace 100 catch 1000 yard guy with 1 guy. A number of our guys will have to step up.

How about the rookie wide recievers - how do they look?

I was able to throw with D Thomas in a few practices - he's big, fast, very powerful and he can really catch the ball. I want to get him the ball in space and see what he does.

Decker has good hands and really speaks the language of the game .. He'll
pick things up quick.

Are you feeling underappreciated?

No. Nice to get the offseason out of the way with all the drama - you media guys like that . I think I'm going to have my best season this year. Our offense has alot of confidence coming out of the spring and we hope to continue that going into camp.

are you more comfortable with the system?

No question I am. Any time you can run the same plays over and over again
the more confident you get, the more the play callers can call the plays
you really like.

How about the offensive line? You may be starting 2 rookies?

You always have to stay healthy up front. We have 3 guys
that really anchor that line in clady, harris, and kuper so we'll be ok.

How is knowshon looking?

He had a really good spring. It's tough to come in and be
a player the 1st year. He did some good things for us last
year but I expect an even better year from knowshon this year.

You have 2 new backups at quarterback. How do they look?

Brady can thrown the ball very well. He's a big guy and a good athlete

Tim has a long way to go but does alot of special things on the football field.

HAT
07-27-2010, 04:54 PM
:thumbs:

Rock Chalk
07-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Tim has a long way to go...

That's basically Orton saying Tim sucks. If you dont think much about Orton and him saying Tim sucks then that says even less about Tim.

The "but does alot of special things on the football field." bull**** is just the obligatory nice thing he has to say about a team mate, don't fool yourself.

Tombstone RJ
07-27-2010, 05:25 PM

That's basically Orton saying Tim sucks. If you dont think much about Orton and him saying Tim sucks then that says even less about Tim.

The "but does alot of special things on the football field." bull**** is just the obligatory nice thing he has to say about a team mate, don't fool yourself.

It's a pretty diplomatic answer and I wouldn't read too much into it. After all, if Tebow is the future it doesn't do Orton any good to say "wow, he looks great!"

Orton knows he's going to have to elevate his game.

TheReverend
07-27-2010, 05:26 PM
If his physical talent and testicle size matched his attitude, he'd be a Hall of Fame QB.

Rock Chalk
07-27-2010, 05:27 PM
It's a pretty diplomatic answer and I wouldn't read too much into it. After all, if Tebow is the future it doesn't do Orton any good to say "wow, he looks great!"

Orton knows he's going to have to elevate his game.

He wont have to elevate his game because of Tebow. Quinn is a far more dangerous threat to the starting job than the Choir Boy is.

Chris
07-27-2010, 05:29 PM
If his physical talent and testicle size matched his attitude, he'd be a Hall of Fame QB.

You have felt the Ortles?

SoCalBronco
07-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Kinda disappointed that there weren't any questions about jack n coke slushies or saran wrap condoms.

Very weak effort by the folks at 87.7 fm.

Popps
07-27-2010, 05:33 PM

Sounded like a standard answer to me. He probably does have a long way to go.

Rock Chalk
07-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Kinda disappointed that there weren't any questions about jack n coke slushies or saran wrap condoms.

Very weak effort by the folks at 87.7 fm.

Jack and Coke slushies?

Substitude Jack for Crown and whores for slushies and I want some.

Tombstone RJ
07-27-2010, 05:34 PM
He wont have to elevate his game because of Tebow. Quinn is a far more dangerous threat to the starting job than the Choir Boy is.

We shall see. It's all good.

SoCalBronco
07-27-2010, 05:35 PM

He's living on borrowed time, Adam. While I don't doubt that Tim has a ways to go, this is basically Tebow's team....or it will be, shortly. Kyle is playing it as professionally as possible, which is cool, but we all know the endgame, here.

errand
07-27-2010, 05:42 PM

I'm curious why a QB guru like Holgren would dump Quinn without so much as a second look if he truly could be a big threat. Having said that he was schooled by Weis who ran basically the same kind of offense as Josh does.

Rock Chalk
07-27-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm curious why a QB guru like Holgren would dump Quinn without so much as a second look if he truly could be a big threat. Having said that he was schooled by Weis who ran basically the same kind of offense as Josh does.

Right, because Holmgren made Brett Favre who he was and Matt Hasslebeck. Besides I didn't say Quinn was a big threat you retarded halfwit, I said he was a more dangerous threat than tebow which actually says more about how ****ing ****ty Tebow will be than it says how good Quinn could be.

Rock Chalk
07-27-2010, 05:47 PM
He's living on borrowed time, Adam. While I don't doubt that Tim has a ways to go, this is basically Tebow's team....or it will be, shortly. Kyle is playing it as professionally as possible, which is cool, but we all know the endgame, here.

Whats that? When Tebow gets traded and ends up out of football in less than 5 years and we are still looking for the next guy to replace a Legend (which, for my money will take us about as long as it took the Colts between their legends, bad news for us).

You people are completely drunk of koolaid if you think Tebow will EVER be legitimate QB at the NFL level.

Not that I think Orton or Quinn are long term answers, that is not what I am saying at all. In fact, I think the entire state of affairs in bronco land leaves a very nasty taste in my mouth. Similar to the one Im sure DJ leaves in your mouth every night.

baja
07-27-2010, 05:53 PM

Have you always been a looser or did that only come with practice?

Hamrob
07-27-2010, 05:54 PM
I like the hype that surrounds Tebow. I think if we give him a couple years to learn, he might surprise alot of people.

I really like Quinn...he'll be the one pushing Orton this year. The only thing that could cost Orton the starting job...is his reluctance to make plays. If Quinn makes more plays in the Pre-season than Orton does...I think it will be close.

Orton should be better than last year, he's had a year in the system now and he has a better surrounding cast IMO. He's a class act, I'll give him that much, but he has to pull the trigger more. You can't hide your QB in the NFL.

TheReverend
07-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Whats that? When Tebow gets traded and ends up out of football in less than 5 years and we are still looking for the next guy to replace a Legend (which, for my money will take us about as long as it took the Colts between their legends, bad news for us).

You people are completely drunk of koolaid if you think Tebow will EVER be legitimate QB at the NFL level.

Not that I think Orton or Quinn are long term answers, that is not what I am saying at all. In fact, I think the entire state of affairs in bronco land leaves a very nasty taste in my mouth. Similar to the one Im sure DJ leaves in your mouth every night.

:spit:

Come on, Mike, that's just funny.

baja
07-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Jack and Coke slushies?

So much for that new leaf you turned over lol

whores huh what's the matter marrage didn't solve all your problems like you believed it would.

TheReverend
07-27-2010, 06:01 PM

whores huh what's the matter marrage didn't solve all your problems like you believed it would.

He wasn't talking to you. Mind your business, imo.

baja
07-27-2010, 06:04 PM
He wasn't talking to you. Mind your business, imo.

And I wasn't talking to you so stfu

Tombstone RJ
07-27-2010, 06:09 PM
can you feel the love? I know I'm feel'n it...

Dedhed
07-27-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm curious why a QB guru like Holgren would dump Quinn without so much as a second look if he truly could be a big threat.
I'm curious why anyone would pick up Jake Delhomme and pay him starter money.

Dedhed
07-27-2010, 06:23 PM

"substitude"- taking on an alternate persona so as not to be held accountable for your actions.

Rock Chalk
07-27-2010, 06:26 PM

Ha.

It was a joke. Clearly Mexican humor is quite different.

Rock Chalk
07-27-2010, 06:27 PM

That was my intent. Hope Mike doesnt get mad or anything.

Ray Finkle
07-27-2010, 06:36 PM
If his physical talent and testicle size

dude...you are making this too easy for me...

of course someone would have to read three or four random threads to get the joke...

baja
07-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Ha.

It was a joke. Clearly Mexican humor is quite different.

Oh that was humor thanks for clearing that up

maybe your wife will get the humor unless she is Mexican that is than she will slap your little boy ass around the house

Hogan11
07-27-2010, 07:11 PM
I like the hype that surrounds Tebow. I think if we give him a couple years to learn, he might surprise alot of people.

I really like Quinn...he'll be the one pushing Orton this year. The only thing that could cost Orton the starting job...is his reluctance to make plays. If Quinn makes more plays in the Pre-season than Orton does...I think it will be close.

Orton should be better than last year, he's had a year in the system now and he has a better surrounding cast IMO. He's a class act, I'll give him that much, but he has to pull the trigger more. You can't hide your QB in the NFL.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Quinn got the job.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Tebow flames out and is out of football in 5 years either.

Rock Chalk
07-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh that was humor thanks for clearing that up

maybe your wife will get the humor unless she is Mexican that is than she will slap your little boy ass around the house

My wife was sitting next to me when I typed it.

She does say that while she isn't worried, you better make sure you have your green card when you come back. I don't think she likes you much. Something about being a pussy coward who couldn't hack it in America. I don't know. She has anger issues. I think you are swell though if that's any consolation :)

bpc
07-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Not worried about Tebow starting his first year. I just want him to get some valuable playing time. Our QB position is locked and loaded with guys that can step in on offense and do some things. Should be interesting to watch moving forward.

theAPAOps5
07-27-2010, 07:41 PM

His QB assessment is suspect at best....... :strong::wiggle:

Ray Finkle
07-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Not worried about Tebow starting his first year. I just want him to get some valuable playing time. Our QB position is locked and loaded with guys that can step in on offense and do some things. Should be interesting to watch moving forward.

who are you and what have you done with BPC?

Los Broncos
07-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Rev and Baja getting into it, funny stuff.

TheReverend
07-27-2010, 07:49 PM
dude...you are making this too easy for me...

of course someone would have to read three or four random threads to get the joke...

Lol, it has a context I swear!

Rev and Baja getting into it, funny stuff.

What?

Ray Finkle
07-27-2010, 07:50 PM

you said you want me posting more....now I open the closet on you....next I'll find pictures of you starring at Nolan's package or humping a lobster....sicko....

Los Broncos
07-27-2010, 07:54 PM

What?

When you two started talking **** to each other, funny stuff man.

baja
07-27-2010, 07:57 PM
My wife was sitting next to me when I typed it.

She does say that while she isn't worried, you better make sure you have your green card when you come back. I don't think she likes you much. Something about being a p***Y coward who couldn't hack it in America. I don't know. She has anger issues. I think you are swell though if that's any consolation :)

Well I live in america and make tons of money in the process.

Ask her why she married such a loser

Boobs McGee
07-27-2010, 08:44 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2w65vlj.jpg

FireFly
07-27-2010, 08:56 PM
It's probably the most honest assessment of how Tim's going we've heard so far. Diplomatic, but read between the lines and he's saying that Tim's ain't challenging anyone this year. Also sounds like Brady has physical gifts (which we knew) but obviously isn't instinctive with the system yet.

I really do think that the Tebow hype is getting a bit much. I don't even know if McD even expects Tebow to be the every down Qb of the future. Used correctly, he could be a better investment than many 1st round picks even if he isn't the every down starting QB.

I'd be VERY suprised if Orton wasn't starting this season. And I'd be VERY suprised if Tebow DID start at all this year. Quinn might suplant Orton, but I think that is more likely to be because Orton gets pulled than Quinn looking amazing.

broncosteven
07-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Orton still is working on a one year contract right? He only signed the restricted FA tender for a year at 2mill or something, right?

Is he unrestricted a FA next year?

It will be interesting to see how TC and the season playout...

theAPAOps5
07-27-2010, 09:38 PM
It's probably the most honest assessment of how Tim's going we've heard so far. Diplomatic, but read between the lines and he's saying that Tim's ain't challenging anyone this year. Also sounds like Brady has physical gifts (which we knew) but obviously isn't instinctive with the system yet.

I really do think that the Tebow hype is getting a bit much. I don't even know if McD even expects Tebow to be the every down Qb of the future. Used correctly, he could be a better investment than many 1st round picks even if he isn't the every down starting QB.

I'd be VERY suprised if Orton wasn't starting this season. And I'd be VERY suprised if Tebow DID start at all this year. Quinn might suplant Orton, but I think that is more likely to be because Orton gets pulled than Quinn looking amazing.

Yeah the starting QB giving an honest assessment of his competitions skill level! :spit:

I am not saying Tebow is ready and I think it will be a year or two but I find it hilarious that someone takes what the current temporary starting QB has to say as the best assessment!

DarkHorse30
07-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Good interview - Orton is saying/doing all the right things this offseason.

I find it odd that anybody would read anything into his mention of Tebow's progress. What would you expect Orton to say about him? "He's got a long way to go"......duh. Of course he does. The best thing about Tebow and Denver's drafting of him is that he raised interest in the team to a national level. Jersey sales like the ones he pulled off for Denver in his first 3 months as a pro......especially when he was barely drafted in the first round....are remarkable. Like it or not, Tebow put Denver back on the map.

Back to Orton and the offense; the high draftpicks of 2 WRs and a couple of O-linemen aren't going to help Kyle this year. Sure they might, but chances are they won't. The loss of Marshall will hurt his chances of having a great year, but he's not crying in his milk. The guy take what comes and does his best - which is exactly what he was hired to do. He may lose his starting job to Quinn eventually.....that's up to Quinn. Orton is a journeyman- his knowledge of the playbook will keep him ahead at first; and probably for the whole season. For Quinn and eventually Tebow to get the chance to start, they'll have to earn it.

outdoor_miner
07-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah the starting QB giving an honest assessment of his competitions skill level! :spit:

I am not saying Tebow is ready and I think it will be a year or two but I find it hilarious that someone takes what the current temporary starting QB has to say as the best assessment!

Seriously - people are reading WAYYYYYYYYYYY too much into Kyle freakin Orton's assessment of the QB competition.

"In all honesty, I think Tim's about 2 weeks away from taking the job from me. The writing is on the wall. I'm done. Finished. Thanks for the interview."

DarkHorse
07-27-2010, 11:42 PM

How do we know Orton isn't trying to take some of the unwarranted pressure off the poor guy?

Tim has a long way to go - could = "Slow down the hype train on the guy and let him come in and learn the NFL before you label him the next coming of...."

Requiem
07-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Orton's a bitch. Play Tim.

_Oro_
07-28-2010, 06:42 AM
What? No comments on Tom B's progress...

jhns
07-28-2010, 07:11 AM
It will be a great day for the Broncos organization when Orton is no longer the starting QB.

Steve Sewell
07-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Right, because Holmgren made Brett Favre who he was and Matt Hasslebeck. Besides I didn't say Quinn was a big threat you retarded halfwit, I said he was a more dangerous threat than tebow which actually says more about how ****ing ****ty Tebow will be than it says how good Quinn could be.

Is a retarded halfwit a more extreme degree of halfwit?

Also, Kyle Orton is now an NFL talent guru without reproach, who's take on a rookie QB entering their first training camp having "a long way to go" somehow translates to "OMG BUST OMGOMGOMGOMG"?

You need to settle down.

P.S. Unless you were being sarcastic. In which case, my sarcasm meter is broken at the moment!

baja
07-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Is a retarded halfwit a more extreme degree of halfwit?

Also, Kyle Orton is now an NFL talent guru without reproach, who's take on a rookie QB entering their first training camp having "a long way to go" somehow translates to "OMG BUST OMGOMGOMGOMG"?

You need to settle down.

P.S. Unless you were being sarcastic. In which case, my sarcasm meter is broken at the moment!

He thinks he is being controvercial. He needs the attention. When someone picks on him he comes here and lashes out. It's a coping stradigy.

Eldorado
07-28-2010, 10:25 AM
He thinks he is being controvercial. He needs the attention. When someone picks on him he comes here and lashes out. It's a coping stradigy.

"controversial"

"strategy"

TheReverend
07-28-2010, 10:42 AM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:FKihS0sG54kYbM:http://baysideproducts.com/store/images/victoria_cheval_mirror.jpg

Eldorado
07-28-2010, 10:53 AM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/7/4/633507747147468646-Raff-Out-Roud.jpg

ScottXray
07-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Wow!
Am I glad that camp starts soon. We will actually have some things to talk about beside other posters. It is getting rank in here lately.

Rabb
07-28-2010, 11:17 AM
wow!
Am i glad that camp starts soon. We will actually have some things to talk about beside other posters. It is getting rank in here lately.

+1

Popps
07-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Wow!
Am I glad that camp starts soon. We will actually have some things to talk about beside other posters. It is getting rank in here lately.

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu69/twentyonepsi/Amen-Brother.jpg

Los Broncos
07-28-2010, 11:31 AM
wow!
Am i glad that camp starts soon. We will actually have some things to talk about beside other posters. It is getting rank in here lately.

+2

baja
07-28-2010, 11:34 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:FKihS0sG54kYbM:http://baysideproducts.com/store/images/victoria_cheval_mirror.jpg

Says the guy that comes here and begs help to photo shop a look at my mucsles pic of himself riding a lobster. Dute that pic is the poster pic for attention whore.

baja
07-28-2010, 11:37 AM
I only respond in kind when attacked. That is all.

TheReverend
07-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Says the guy that comes here and begs help to photo shop a look at my mucsles pic of himself riding a lobster. Dute that pic is the poster pic for attention whore.

Yes, that's exactly the point of that picture. You caught me baja!

I only respond in kind when attacked. That is all.

Really? Here's how you injected yourself into a conversation Alec was having with someone else:

Have you always been a looser or did that only come with practice?

Both of those before he ever said a word to you.

You've gotta be in your ****ing sixties. Grow the **** up you sad, lonely coward.

Hogan11
07-28-2010, 01:56 PM
wow!

+3

errand
07-28-2010, 04:18 PM

Take break man...you don't have to be a douchebag your entire life.

Speaking of retarded half wits though, you shouldn't throw stones simpleton....

i never said Holmgren made Favre or Hasselbeck what they are moron...I said he was a QB guru, which means he'd have a pretty good idea of what it takes to play QB in the NFL there **** for brains. He didn't even give Quinn so much as a glance.

And how do you know Tebow will be a ****ty QB? He's been successful no matter where he's played....people have doubted him since middle school. And they like you probably are, were always eating a big turd sandwich when he did succeed.

errand
07-28-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm curious why anyone would pick up Jake Delhomme and pay him starter money.

Delhomme is just a band-aid while McCoy sits and learns....holmgren is basically writing off this coming season

Cito Pelon
07-29-2010, 09:05 AM

Please. Quinn's ok, but I have a hard time seeing that pretty boy besting Orton.

Cito Pelon
07-29-2010, 09:24 AM

Good Lord. Perhaps you phrased that poorly. It sounds like you're saying someone in Broncoland has jizzed into your mouth. WTF, dude? Sometiimes I wonder if you have a brain in your head.

_Oro_
07-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Delhomme is just a band-aid while McCoy sits and learns....holmgren is basically writing off this coming season

Expensive a** band-aid.

Rock Chalk
07-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Good Lord. Perhaps you phrased that poorly. It sounds like you're saying someone in Broncoland has jizzed into your mouth. WTF, dude? Sometiimes I wonder if you have a brain in your head.

Your reading comprehension sucks balls. Kind of like your posts.

Popps
07-29-2010, 10:48 AM
42 days until real football.

Los Broncos
07-29-2010, 10:49 AM
42 days until real football.

We at least get some football here next month, that'll hold us over.

Cito Pelon
07-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Your reading comprehension sucks balls. Kind of like your posts.

A) Could be.

B) No way.

errand
07-31-2010, 07:54 PM
Expensive a** band-aid.

OK, the Cleveland Browns overpaid for a potentially washed up QB...and this makes Bronco fans upset why?