PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow Signs!

BMarsh615
07-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Professional Football Quarterback Tim Tebow Signs with Jockey®

Heisman Trophy Winner and pro football quarterback Tim Tebow will serve as a Jockey spokesperson beginning in July, 2010.

"I'm excited to represent the Jockey brand. I've long been a fan and consumer of Jockey and I'm looking forward to a great relationship with such a respectable and innovative company."

Tim will work with several of Jockey’s product lines, including the NEW Jockey® Staycool collection coming in Spring 2011.

http://images.jockey.com/images/tebow/main_img.jpg

http://www.jockey.com/tebow/

BMarsh615
07-27-2010, 09:38 AM
https://twitter.com/BroncosZone

According to sources, there is a decent chance Tim Tebow and the Broncos finalizes a deal in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Tim Tebow and the #Broncos (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Broncos) are negotiating a five-year contract that figures to be worth about $12million with roughly $8 million guaranteed

Los Broncos
07-27-2010, 09:40 AM
I just came in my pants! :sunshine:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-27-2010, 09:43 AM
https://twitter.com/BroncosZone

According to sources, there is a decent chance Tim Tebow and the Broncos finalizes a deal in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Tim Tebow and the #Broncos (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Broncos) are negotiating a five-year contract that figures to be worth about $12million with roughly $8 million guaranteed

Another Kiszla failure. Shocking.

Great news, though.

Kaylore
07-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Negative Rep for first post.

BMarsh615
07-27-2010, 09:48 AM
How about some positive rep for the second :wiggle:

HEAV
07-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Another Kiszla failure. Shocking.

Great news, though.

Kiszla = failure

I understand controversy sells in the print media biz, but Kiszla is just a douche.

Los Broncos
07-27-2010, 09:55 AM

Boo!

SouthStndJunkie
07-27-2010, 09:56 AM
He will be sporting their new line of chastity boxer briefs.

Captain 'Dre
07-27-2010, 10:00 AM
The Thread Starter blows!

(out candles on his birthday cake.) :)

bronco militia
07-27-2010, 10:00 AM
http://feministing.com/imageStorage/malechastitydevice.jpg

Captain 'Dre
07-27-2010, 10:02 AM
The Tebow line of jockey shorts won't have a fly... 'cause Tim always keeps it in his pants.

Rabb
07-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Kiszla = failure

I understand controversy sells in the print media biz, but Kiszla is just a douche.

the latest one on Tebow's contract is terrible, making something out of nothing

Kaylore
07-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Sorry. I hate these types of joke threads. They aren't funny, we know they're fake, and they were old four years ago. Posting a tweet that he "might" sign doesn't redeem it even a little bit.

crush17
07-27-2010, 10:13 AM
terrible.

TheReverend
07-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Diaf

mkporter
07-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Kiszla = failure

The post should really try to pick up Frank Schwab of the CS Gazette, and boot Kizsla to the curb.

bronco militia
07-27-2010, 10:24 AM

:spit:

you get some rep for pissing off kaylore Ha!

baja
07-27-2010, 10:39 AM

Ditto

baja
07-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Boo!

Neg rep for booing the neg rep.

Lev Vyvanse
07-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Diaf

Meaning?

oubronco
07-27-2010, 10:43 AM
http://feministing.com/imageStorage/malechastitydevice.jpg

WTF? :spit:

dbfan21
07-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Not cool man! I got fired up for about 20 seconds only to find out TT is pimpin' underwear.

Rabb
07-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Meaning?

http://faroutshirts.com/images/DieInAFire-Preview.png

baja
07-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Sorry. I hate these types of joke threads. They aren't funny, we know they're fake, and they were old four years ago. Posting a tweet that he "might" sign doesn't redeem it even a little bit.

Neg rep for apologizing for neg rep

Gcver2ver3
07-27-2010, 10:48 AM

the positive you get for your 2nd post is that it keeps you from being banned...

Lev Vyvanse
07-27-2010, 10:50 AM
http://faroutshirts.com/images/DieInAFire-Preview.png

Thanks.

Los Broncos
07-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Neg rep for booing the neg rep.

Neg rep for neg rep on booer.

BMarsh615
07-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Ditto

Neg rep for lying about giving neg rep.

Popps
07-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Fake news is funny.

Get it?

It's fake.

See what he did there?

Sodak
07-27-2010, 11:45 AM

Agreed. Sophomoric at best. This type of post is old hat, boring, and predictable. This site used to be about football talk.

PRBronco
07-27-2010, 11:59 AM
No but seriously, I'm going to buy so many Jockey products now.

jhns
07-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Agreed. Sophomoric at best. This type of post is old hat, boring, and predictable. This site used to be about football talk.

So rather than whine about what is here, why don't you go find something about football to post? It isn't like there is a lot going on in the off season.

If you aren't part of the solution....

Anyways, I would love for you to point out a time that this site didn't post stuff like this. You and Kaylores crying is sophomoric at best.

Flex Gunmetal
07-27-2010, 12:19 PM
So rather than whine about what is here, why don't you go find something about football to post? It isn't like there is a lot going on in the off season.

Anyways, I would love for you to point out a time that this site didn't post stuff like this. You and Kaylores crying is sophomoric at best.

Oh it's this phukin guy.

Lev Vyvanse
07-27-2010, 12:22 PM

Your crying about their crying is sophomoric at best. Same for my crying about your crying.

jhns
07-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Your crying about their crying is sophomoric at best. Same for my crying about your crying.

I agree. I will say that your crying about your crying about my crying about his crying is over the line though.

jhns
07-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Oh it's this phukin guy.

Reported. You aren't allowed to go around the filter and this post offends me. I hope you get banned forever.

Chris
07-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Reported. You aren't allowed to go around the filter and this post offends me. I hope you get banned forever.

Clearly you have never had the Phuk Yoo noodle bowl of Southern Thailand.

Spicy.

theAPAOps5
07-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Actually he meant Phuket which is the name of an island in Taiwan. Its a very common misspelling in the English language. No need to cry.

crush17
07-27-2010, 12:47 PM
I agree. I will say that your crying about your crying about my crying about his crying is over the line though.

You should all probably go jerk off with your own tears...

Chris
07-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Actually he meant Phuket which is the name of an island in Taiwan. Its a very common misspelling and accident in the English language. No need to cry.

Phuket is in southern Thailand. Bazing!

jhns
07-27-2010, 12:49 PM
No need to cry.

You must be new to reading my posts. There is always a need to cry.

theAPAOps5
07-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Phuket is in southern Thailand. Bazing!

Taiwan and Thailand, same place if you ask me.......

Nice catch, typed fast!

Sodak
07-27-2010, 01:10 PM

Go back to your frigging Twilight fansite to post your B.S. I AM doing something about it by NOT posting a deceptive thread title. How clever.

jhns
07-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Go back to your frigging Twilight fansite to post your B.S. I AM doing something about it by NOT posting a deceptive thread title. How clever.

You are doing something about it by crying like an infant. Good job. I will try finding your binky, settle down and give me a minute.

bronco militia
07-27-2010, 01:15 PM

:spit:

baja
07-27-2010, 01:42 PM

Hey what about my crying doesn't it count.

I just don't get any respect around here.

jhns
07-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Hey what about my crying doesn't it count.

I just don't get any respect around here.

It isn't that I forgot you, it is just that you are allowed to cry all you want after 35,000 posts. That and if you are a mod. Both get my respect in forum world.

oubronco
07-27-2010, 02:10 PM
oh it's this phukin guy.

lol

Captain 'Dre
07-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Actually he meant Phuket which is the name of an island in Taiwan. Its a very common misspelling in the English language. No need to cry.

I believe it's pronounced "poo-KETT". Ha!

Chris
07-27-2010, 02:25 PM
I believe it's pronounced "poo-KETT". Ha!

How dare you say the word poo on this forum. :vermeil:

Popps
07-27-2010, 02:33 PM

http://lh4.ggpht.com/goldhck/R7P8bh6OywI/AAAAAAAAAfo/HKioxkQ6vc4/Elephant+Toilet.jpg

theAPAOps5
07-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Or a city in Thailand.

Yeah I typed too fast and misstated the countries! As has already been pointed out. Ha!

Flex Gunmetal
07-27-2010, 02:52 PM

Oh lulz

Champagne Powder
07-27-2010, 03:44 PM

Oh knows! Someone upset Kaywhore.

SoCalBronco
07-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Sunday is the real target for Tebow's deal
Posted by Mike Florio on July 27, 2010 10:05 PM ET
Amid signs of progress between the Broncos and quarterback Tim Tebow, we've developed the impression from tapping into our grapevine that, even though the team's rookies report on Wednesday, the two sides are focusing on getting a deal done by Sunday, when the full squad begins to practice.

Multiple league sources have explained to us that the rookie reporting deadline means nothing to anyone but head coaches, who like to use the separate reporting date to squeeze the first-year players into showing up early.

The front offices and the agents believe that the only date that matters is the full-squad reporting date. In Tebow's case, that's the target.

That said, it's possible that the deal can be negotiated before then, if the team and the player are motivated to make it happen. In Tebow's case, the crux of the negotiations likely will focus on the escalators based on playing time. Put simply, the sooner he becomes the starter, the more money he'll make.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/sunday-is-the-real-target-for-tebows-deal/

Kaylore
07-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Sunday is the real target for Tebow's deal
Posted by Mike Florio on July 27, 2010 10:05 PM ET
Amid signs of progress between the Broncos and quarterback Tim Tebow, we've developed the impression from tapping into our grapevine that, even though the team's rookies report on Wednesday, the two sides are focusing on getting a deal done by Sunday, when the full squad begins to practice.

Multiple league sources have explained to us that the rookie reporting deadline means nothing to anyone but head coaches, who like to use the separate reporting date to squeeze the first-year players into showing up early.

The front offices and the agents believe that the only date that matters is the full-squad reporting date. In Tebow's case, that's the target.

That said, it's possible that the deal can be negotiated before then, if the team and the player are motivated to make it happen. In Tebow's case, the crux of the negotiations likely will focus on the escalators based on playing time. Put simply, the sooner he becomes the starter, the more money he'll make.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/sunday-is-the-real-target-for-tebows-deal/

That makes sense. It would appear Xanders is in control of the situation and will have to tell McD to chill.

SoCalBronco
07-27-2010, 09:57 PM
That makes sense. It would appear Xanders is in control of the situation and will have to tell McD to chill.

I'm not sure that Xanders is allowed to "tell" McD anything. He's permitted to ask him questions though.

"Need more coffee?"

"What do you guys want for lunch today? Should I head over to Old Chicago again?"

;D

TheReverend
07-27-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm not sure that Xanders is allowed to "tell" McD anything. He's permitted to ask him questions though.

"Need more coffee?"

"What do you guys want for lunch today? Should I head over to Old Chicago again?"

;D

"Should I cup the balls this time?"

SoCalBronco
07-27-2010, 10:15 PM
"should i cup the balls this time?"

lol

uplink
07-28-2010, 02:45 AM
In the future when we revert back to a world similar to the European Dark/Middle Ages, I guess that contract will be kind of like a religious relic. Maybe some church will boast it as their primary relic and people will travel for days to come and view it.

Homer Simpson
07-28-2010, 05:46 AM
They just used the same dumb joke on 9news. That should explain the joke's quality...

Man-Goblin
07-28-2010, 05:52 AM
Lost in all of this is that Jim Palmer is out of a gig.

http://thefameflame.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/jim-palmer-jockey.jpg

RIP.

Kaylore
07-28-2010, 06:41 AM

"Need more coffee?"

;D

No no. Xanders has more power than you think. He's not Ted Sundquist reborn. In fact he has more power than Ted, but no ego and better decission making.

BMarsh615
07-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Ed Werder is at Broncos camp and was just on NFL Live and said that the Broncos are working "feverishly" on the contract and that the deal is "imminent" and should be done in 24-48 hours.

Tebow missed a meeting earlier today because he wasn't signed yet and McDaniels called him right after it and told him that he is missing snaps that he can't get back.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/07/28/tebow-contract-talks-ongoing/3977/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Tebow contract talks ongoing

Tick … tick … tick.

The Broncos haven’t given up on Tim Tebow showing up for the team’s first rookie training camp workout that starts at 3 p.m. today, or about an hour from now.

Contract negotiations on a five-year deal on going on as you read. Tebow’s agent Jimmy Sexton and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders are no doubt working off the five-year, $10.25 million deal with a $7.345 million guarantee Miami cornerback Vontae Davis received as the No. 25 overall pick last year and the five-year, $11.8 million contract with an $8.3 million guarantee Dez Bryant received last week as this year’s No. 24 overall pick.

Put the numbers together and Tebow, the quarterback sensation who was the No. 25 overall pick this year, should have his contract come in at around $11.7 million, not including incentives, with a guarantee of about $8.1 million.

TheReverend
07-28-2010, 01:30 PM
No no. Xanders has more power than you think. He's not Ted Sundquist reborn. In fact he has more power than Ted, but no ego and better decission making.

Okay, MAYBE he gets to pick pizza toppings once a month.

Rabb
07-28-2010, 01:44 PM
I love how the radio guys are making so much about McD calling Tebow after missing the meeting

he is just playing the kid's passion for the game...nothing more

so rediculous, I don't see a problem with McD calling him out on it based on what Tebow said about being to camp on time....he said it, not McD

Man-Goblin
07-28-2010, 01:46 PM
It's 2:46: Do you know where your Tebow is?

Rabb
07-28-2010, 01:48 PM
man the 87.7 guys are just taking this and running with it, and honestly in the wrong direction

it's fairly irresponsible to be reporting anything as "fact" right now...it will all be done and over with in the next day I am sure, why create drama?

Chris
07-28-2010, 01:58 PM
It's 2:46: Do you know where your Tebow is?

This is way less creepy than the children one. I can't believe that's allowed on air.

Kaylore
07-28-2010, 02:06 PM
man the 87.7 guys are just taking this and running with it, and honestly in the wrong direction

it's fairly irresponsible to be reporting anything as "fact" right now...it will all be done and over with in the next day I am sure, why create drama?

Yeah Mike Evans, who is jealous of anyone who is remotely manly (likely because it reminds him of what a girl he is) was ripping on Tebow saying him not showing up proves his "team first" talk was a bunch of crap and "he's not anyone special." Talk about a hater.

Is there an instance of any players showing up to camp (real camp) without a contract in the last thirty years?

Rabb
07-28-2010, 02:08 PM
exactly Khan

plus, like it or not, a lot of times these guys and more specifically their agents are somewhat obligated to do what is best for all of the guys around them...and I guarantee that's part of every year's logjam

Kaylore
07-28-2010, 02:11 PM
exactly Khan

plus, like it or not, a lot of times these guys and more specifically their agents are somewhat obligated to do what is best for all of the guys around them...and I guarantee that's part of every year's logjam

Yeah. The NFLPA talks about collusion (because its pretty much true), well there's a fair amount of that amongst agents. Last year one agency had 80% of the their clients in the top ten. You want to tell me they don't know the higher the top pick goes the more that trickles down to subsequent picks?

Frankly, I'm more worried about Demaryius. We'll need him more than Tebow this year.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2010, 02:39 PM

Wow, really? Why create drama?

Are you new to the sporting press? Have you read ESPN.com... ever?

Ratings, ratings, ratings. Pageviews, pageviews, pageviews. The more absurd the argument, the better it is. That's why that ****stain Skip Bayless on First and Ten still has a job. in fact, if you haven't already, check out Will Leitch's "God Save the Fan." It's an excellent book, and lays out the kind of mandates handed down from on high, especially at places like ESPN.

Ask Bob why Athan would flat-out lie about Shanahan coming to KC, going so far as to say "THE DEAL IS DONE!" You may not be able to hear his voice over the quaking of his chins and cheeks, but he might answer.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah Mike Evans, who is jealous of anyone who is remotely manly (likely because it reminds him of what a girl he is) was ripping on Tebow saying him not showing up proves his "team first" talk was a bunch of crap and "he's not anyone special." Talk about a hater.

Is there an instance of any players showing up to camp (real camp) without a contract in the last thirty years?

Mike Evans IS jhns? Maybe? The lack of manliness, retarded arguments... it's all coming together now.

And no, it's my understanding that you can't attend full camp without a contract because of injury concerns... on both sides.

Smilin Assassin
07-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Mike Evans IS jhns? Maybe? The lack of manliness, retarded arguments... it's all coming together now.

And no, it's my understanding that you can't attend full camp without a contract because of injury concerns... on both sides.

You can, but you'd need to sign an injury waiver first. Not that I'd reccomend doing that.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-28-2010, 03:03 PM
You can, but you'd need to sign an injury waiver first. Not that I'd reccomend doing that.

Ah, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the clarification.

See that, jhiz? You can admit you were wrong. You don't have to defend every single one of your absolutely retarded points anymore.

It's all going to be okay.