PDA

View Full Version : OT: Starcraft II

55CrushEm
07-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Release date is tomorrow. WHOOOT !! Best RTS game ever. Am I the only person jazzed about this? I remember a thread a couple of years ago on it.

Anyway.....carry on.

elsid13
07-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Nerd ;D

brncs_fan
07-26-2010, 10:22 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c361/LostprophetFLCL/NintendoNerdLord.jpg

55CrushEm
07-26-2010, 10:43 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c361/LostprophetFLCL/NintendoNerdLord.jpg

:rofl:

Killericon
07-26-2010, 10:53 AM
SO
****ING
STOKED

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r7d5XheWiBk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r7d5XheWiBk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Pseudofool
07-26-2010, 11:31 AM
It's just an RTS right? I don't understand why people get so amped about this. The only RTS I've ever enjoyed has been the Civ series, and now the Civ 5 is coming out in Sept, and that's something worth getting stoked about.

55CrushEm
07-26-2010, 11:34 AM
It's just an RTS right? I don't understand why people get so amped about this. The only RTS I've ever enjoyed has been the Civ series, and now the Civ 5 is coming out in Sept, and that's something worth getting stoked about.

No....not just an RTS....the best RTS of all time. ;D

And supposedly there are elements of RPG in it as well. I'm not saying it's my favorite game of all time (Fallout 3).....but Starcraft was a great game, nevertheless. And Blizzard is one of the best game designers, as well.

oubronco
07-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Hell it's about time

Pseudofool
07-26-2010, 11:39 AM
No....not just an RTS....the best RTS of all time. ;D

And supposedly there are elements of RPG in it as well. I'm not saying it's my favorite game of all time (Fallout 3).....but Starcraft was a great game, nevertheless. And Blizzard is one of the best game designers, as well.

Yeah, it's just the whole build a barrack for soldiers, a research building to upgrade soldiers, etc, ad nasuem. It just gets a little bit repetitive, no matter how well done.

I gave Dawn of War a try, it's RTS with a lot of RPG elements but the smallness of the maps and the repetitiveness of hte gameplay through me off. I'll try SC2 I suppose.

55CrushEm
07-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Yeah, it's just the whole build a barrack for soldiers, a research building to upgrade soldiers, etc, ad nasuem. It just gets a little bit repetitive, no matter how well done.

I gave Dawn of War a try, it's RTS with a lot of RPG elements but the smallness of the maps and the repetitiveness of hte gameplay through me off. I'll try SC2 I suppose.

Yeah......to each their own. My brother and I both rave about Fallout 3 (RPG w/ 1st person shooter element).......but he can't stand Starcraft, or most other RTSs for that matter. He just doesn't like the constant management/upkeep/"babysitting" of the troops/buildings, etc. I love it.

Doggcow
07-26-2010, 12:21 PM
I will get it for the campaign. I doubt there is any chance I get into it online, because I am an adult now.

Pseudofool
07-26-2010, 12:28 PM
I doubt there is any chance I get into it online, because I am an adult now.How are you going to meet girls, though?

Killericon
07-26-2010, 12:30 PM

Civ isn't an RTS, it's turn-based.

Pseudofool
07-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Civ isn't an RTS, it's turn-based.
You're right. Sometimes I lose sight of the acronym, but certainly Civ shares a lot in common with RTS like Starcraft, age of empires, etc.

Killericon
07-26-2010, 01:00 PM
You're right. Sometimes I lose sight of the acronym, but certainly Civ shares a lot in common with RTS like Starcraft, age of empires, etc.

Oh, sure, but it is something else.

Anyways, it's been 11 years. You'll forgive us if we're a bit excited.

randomtask
07-26-2010, 01:49 PM
I preordered it about a week ago, really excited about it.

Not gonna lie, this is going to kill my social life for at least a couple months.

http://ui24.gamespot.com/1463/hydraliskqq3_2.jpg

The zerg rushing will commence.

snowspot66
07-26-2010, 01:55 PM

Just to clarify. Civ is a 4x strategy. Not an RTS.

*edit*

Beaten to the punch. Oh well.

randomtask
07-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Oh by the way, if you didn't play the first starcraft's single player campaign, or just don't remember, this video should catch you up.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQa8co522zc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQa8co522zc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Killericon
07-26-2010, 02:32 PM
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C_E83GfWM-A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C_E83GfWM-A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Doggcow
07-27-2010, 04:56 AM
Ok **** me. I got all nostalgic and bought it and have been playing for hours now.

Im disappointed I have to buy 3 ****ing games though.

Anyone playing online? I've been getting a solid Protoss going.

Doggcow@gmail.com is my Bnet.

Bronco Boy
07-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Get ready for the entire country of South Korea to shut down for about a month.

Mr.Meanie
07-27-2010, 12:58 PM
I've never played the first one, but I plan on getting this. I don't have much time for gaming though... is the battle.net ladder system pretty decent for (very) casual players?

Kaylore
07-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Get ready for the entire country of South Korea to shut down for about a month.

This is no joke. When I lived there there were entire pc cafes loaded with adults and kids doing nothing but playing star craft ALL DAY.

My brother and my friend both beta tested this. They said the zerg still isn't fleshed out and they were pretty "meh" about the whole thing. I'll wait and just watch the clips of the story on you tube. I want to see Rainer pwn that bitch Kerrigan.

Doggcow
07-27-2010, 06:17 PM
I've never played the first one, but I plan on getting this. I don't have much time for gaming though... is the battle.net ladder system pretty decent for (very) casual players?

dont expect a solid record. A lot of people like to make grunt accounts to **** on noobs.

Doggcow
07-27-2010, 06:17 PM
This is no joke. When I lived there there were entire pc cafes loaded with adults and kids doing nothing but playing star craft ALL DAY.

My brother and my friend both beta tested this. They said the zerg still isn't fleshed out and they were pretty "meh" about the whole thing. I'll wait and just watch the clips of the story on you tube. I want to see Rainer pwn that b**** Kerrigan.

Gonna be waiting a few months before you get to know the Zerg campaign.

Rock Chalk
07-27-2010, 06:30 PM
I loved the first one (campaign, screw playing online with cheaters). I expect this one to be as good as far as story. Not really all that interested in improving the gameplay as RTS games have a pretty solid gameplay as is.

misturanderson
07-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Gonna be waiting a few months before you get to know the Zerg campaign.

Try years, if you go by Blizzard's track record.

Rock Chalk
07-27-2010, 07:33 PM
No effing zerg campaign?

Doggcow
07-27-2010, 07:53 PM
No effing zerg campaign?

You didn't know this? They are releasing it as 3 games.

You get 100% multiplayer with every game. However, each one is a different campaign.

scorpio
07-27-2010, 07:58 PM
SC2 has exceeded my expectations. Awesome game.

Aftermath
07-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Been waiting years for this game. Got it at midnight release last night.

UberBroncoMan
07-28-2010, 12:32 AM
So I just tried to install it and my vid card is about 3 months too old. I ran the beta perfectly fine and with no FPS issues. **** my life.

UberBroncoMan
07-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Try years, if you go by Blizzard's track record.

Nah. The expansion pack for the original StarCraft was about a year. Actually less I think. They've already got most of the work done for the other two games. They're probably going to just release one a year.

Killericon
07-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Just checking in. Amazing so far. That's all.

extralife
07-28-2010, 04:16 AM
I think I just played this for like ten straight hours

extralife
07-28-2010, 04:17 AM
ok probably eight

55CrushEm
07-28-2010, 05:28 AM
Just checking in. Amazing so far. That's all.

Yup. The upgrades are sweet....hiring mercenaries, etc. VERY good, so far..........I only completed 4 of the 26 missions.

ColoradoDarin
07-28-2010, 06:25 AM
11 years ago, I was single with no kids so my buddies and I could just play for hours.

I don't think I'm going to be buying it now, I probably don't have enough time and since I haven't upgraded my computer in 4 years, I would probably need to do that first anyways... checks to see if it will run on a p4...

Edit: Wow I actually meet the minimum reqs. Just barely on both the processor and video cards.

scorpio
07-28-2010, 07:33 AM
I was hoping this game would give me an excuse to upgrade my rig, but it runs flawlessly w/ ultra settings at 1920x1080.

Oh well.

55CrushEm
07-28-2010, 07:37 AM
I was hoping this game would give me an excuse to upgrade my rig, but it runs flawlessly w/ ultra settings at 1920x1080.

Oh well.

Fun game.....the layout is great. I love the Hyperion being the command center between missions. Then you can actually choose which mission you want to do....no set order. Hiring mercenaries in the cantina, doing upgrades in the armory....all between missions........sweet game.

The firebats are WAY cooler than in the original.

I also love that you can go to the mission archives, and re-view any cinematics, as well as replay missions to get some sub-objectives that you may have missed, in order to get more reward points.

mr007
07-28-2010, 07:56 AM
I just bought it, though I have no idea how I'll have any time to play since I stopped playing video games years ago. Maybe I can take a few nights off from drinking now.