PDA

View Full Version : TrueGridiron.com

The Moops
07-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Although the Sports Illustrated article said my first entry would be induction weekend in Canton August 7, the site is up now -- and I have already posted my first column -- about Floyd, naturally, check it out.

As you will see the site is pretty bare bones right now. Each week you will see more design features, more content, more reasons to keep coming back . . .

Enjoy!

broncosteven
07-25-2010, 08:08 PM
I always based guys on the "Floyd Little" rule, not SB's.

BTW isn't it a double standard that there are more Bills from the 90's SB losing run than Broncos? I think we will start to get that corrected.

SoDak Bronco
07-25-2010, 08:08 PM
I just read the story yesterday, congrats on all the hardwork paying off. You are a badass fan, and I know all of Bronco nation salute you for everything you put into his nomination. Very nice work, cheers.

Man-Goblin
07-25-2010, 10:22 PM
I always based guys on the "Floyd Little" rule, not SB's.

BTW isn't it a double standard that there are more Bills from the 90's SB losing run than Broncos? I think we will start to get that corrected.

Is it? I will have to defer to the vets out there.

I never saw the 70's/early 80's Broncos play. But I damn sure saw the Bills' Super Bowl teams.

Seems to me the only players worthy of the hall of fame on those Bills' teams are Kelly and Smith. Spare me Thurman Thomas or Andre Reed, thanks.

Anyone else? Enlighten me.

Man-Goblin
07-25-2010, 10:38 PM
And BTW, the Bills should have beaten the Giants easily and had no business getting their asses kicked by the Redskins (much like the Broncos in SB 22). So there's no sympathy here.

The Moops
07-26-2010, 04:27 AM
I just think if you only evaluate a hall of fame candidate (in this case a running back), like Dave Goldberg told Floyd, on "rushing yards and super bowls" you're being unfair and very short-sighted.

Really, is there any other player who could have willed the 1967-75 Broncos to a Super Bowl championship? Maybe Jim Brown, but I have my doubts about that since he won 1 Championship with the Browns surrounded by Hall of Fame coach, receiver Paul Warfield, and linemen like Mike McCormack . . .

rodr88
07-26-2010, 08:51 AM
If the basis for Running Backs is Yards and Superbowls, then how is Gale Sayers in the HOF? (Mind you I'm not saying he doesn't belong, he should be in just on the way your jaw would drop watching him run) TD has comparable yards and 2 more Superbowls. And I don't think even Jim Brown could have taken those Bronco teams Floyd was on any further than Floyd did. Those teams were bad.

As for the Bills that lost 4 straight and the Broncos that lost 3 in 4 years, my problem isn't with the Bills getting in as much as it is the Broncos who don't even get considered. Mecklenburg, Dennis Smith, just to name a couple don't even make it to the conversation. I'm not going to say that every player on the team deserves to be in the HOF, but there are a few guys that deserve to be in the discussion and they are ignored. On the other hand it seems people want to enshrine the entire Bills team (Steve Tasker, great Special teams player, but HOF worthy, please). Maybe that says something about the level of team play, and the will of the one Bronco HOF player on those teams. To go to 3 SB's in 4 years with only one HOF player? I used to think that for a player to get to the Hall it was better to have not played in a Superbowl, than played in one and lost. Now I think it's just better for a player not to have played in Denver.

And Moops, all I can say is wow. The work you did on Floyd's behalf is amazing. Thanks for the effort and never giving up. The website looks good by the way.

Los Broncos
07-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Good looking site, good Floyd Little read, thanks for posting.

The Moops
07-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Although deserving, I see the road to Canton a difficult one for Dennis Smith and Karl Mecklenberg . . . there are a lot of Broncos that deserve consideration and even if you didn't count the older Broncos like Gradishar, Tommy Jackson, Billy Thompson, Rich Jackson and Louis Wright . . . there are a bunch of the "modern" Broncos who played on those back-to-back Super Bowl teams that will probably get the nod ahead of Smith and Mecklenberg.

TD, Rod Smith, Steve Atwater, Tom Nalen, Shannon Sharpe, and even Neil Smith who was a big time Pro Bowler with the Chiefs before he added 2 Supe Championships at the end of his career with Denver . . .

There are a lot of deserving Broncos. Unfortunately, the mindset and bias of the east-coast media is slow to change . . .