PDA

View Full Version : Training camp tips

Falconer
07-24-2010, 02:25 PM
I will be attending training camp for the first time this year, and I was wondering if any of you veteran campers had any tips for me. A couple of things I am wondering about is can I take in a digital SLR, and how early should I arrive to ensure I get a good spot? Lastly, is the a particular spot that is advantageous to get.

Any other tips would be appreciated. I am also hoping to give some good reports, as I know I appreciated reading any and all that I could get my hands on in previous years. Please don't get to excited though, as I won't be holding a candle to SoCal, Khan, Montrose, or any of the other exceptional reports.

Thanks in advance!

Cmac821
07-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Attending one this year myself and also curious what you think is the best place to spectate

24champ
07-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Since I won't be there, I am looking forward to your reports and pictures.

Some tips...

If you have one, bring a small backpack to put some of your things in. You need a notebook to jot down some notes about what you saw unless you have photographic memory. However, you don't need to write down everything about every player on the roster sheet. Far as your camera goes, I don't think Digital SLR's are allowed. Even though one or two people have managed to sneak one in.

For seating, make sure you sit up high on the hill and not on the bottom of the hill, also you want to get as close to the 50 yard line as possible so you can see everything. Last but not least you will need to bring a couple bottles of water at minimum, sun tan lotion so you don't get baked and fried. It will be nice and cool in the mornings, but heats up pretty quickly.

You will have fun, enjoy the camp!

SoCalBronco
07-24-2010, 04:03 PM
For seating, make sure you sit up high on the hill and not on the bottom of the hill, also you want to get as close to the 50 yard line as possible so you can see everything. Last but not least you will need to bring a couple bottles of water at minimum, sun tan lotion so you don't get baked and fried. It will be nice and cool in the mornings, but heats up pretty quickly.

Excellent advice. I might add that in order to get a prime seat up on the hill around midfield (preferably right behind the trees so you don't get too baked), you should probably arrive at least 20-30 minutes early.

Also, be aware that the schedules listed by the team often change and the length of practice is usually longer than what is indicated on the website, so be prepared to stay a little longer.

Broncoman13
07-24-2010, 04:35 PM
No slr cameras. take sunscreen, two bottles of water and plan on being there a little earlier than usual. Got a feeling camp is going to be insane this year.

24champ
07-24-2010, 05:23 PM
No slr cameras. take sunscreen, two bottles of water and plan on being there a little earlier than usual. Got a feeling camp is going to be insane this year.

Yep, with Tebow-mania...it will be an absolute zoo.

I don't even want to fathom what it will be like on the weekends.

SoCalBronco
07-24-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't even want to fathom what it will be like on the weekends.

Kids!

Your favorite thing at camp. ;D

Meck77
07-24-2010, 06:49 PM
1)Don't piss Fred off.

2) Do not make any comments about Mr. B in your camp reports.

3) Do not attempt to park an Rv/Bus in the parking lot. Tailgating not allowed anymore!

BroncoDoug
07-25-2010, 03:02 AM
I'll be there again this year as usual, I like to sit around the 30 yard line. You get a good view of all the events, and don't get blocked off when they do goal line and red zone packages. The afternoon practices are less crowded usually then the morning ones, so get there early if you plan on going to the morning practice. And like 24champ and SoCal said, bring sunscreen and SUNGLASSES you will be staring right at the sun the entire time! Hopefully I'll see you out there!

Vegas_Bronco
07-25-2010, 10:59 AM
1)Don't piss Fred off.

3) Do not attempt to park an Rv/Bus in the parking lot. Tailgating not allowed anymore!

Hilarious! Fred reference.

theAPAOps5
07-25-2010, 12:12 PM
1)Don't piss Fred off.

You can make comments about the beloved Mr. B they just can't be inside joke to the mane comments that look bad to the undiscerning eye. :wave:

Yes no digital SLR cameras. Although a windstorm took down a tree and if you can get on a hill across the street with a telephoto they can't stop you. But you want to be in with the action!

24champ
07-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Kids!

Your favorite thing at camp. ;D

I do wish McDaniels would run more sweeps plays to the sidelines to take out some of them. ;D

crush17
07-26-2010, 02:39 PM
I'll be there on the 4th, 13th, and 18th. Two afternoons and one morning. I'll be trying to report as best as I can :)

Are you allowed to bring in a voice recorder or something similar? Will people look at me funny if I'm sitting there talking into my phone about what I see? lol

bfoflcommish
07-26-2010, 02:42 PM
I'll be there on the 4th, 13th, and 18th. Two afternoons and one morning. I'll be trying to report as best as I can :)

Are you allowed to bring in a voice recorder or something similar? Will people look at me funny if I'm sitting there talking into my phone about what I see? lol

see Fred above

24champ
07-26-2010, 02:49 PM

Sideline ushers/security wannabe's will most definitely tell you to get off the phone.

crush17
07-26-2010, 02:50 PM
in other words, just take notes and be quiet.

24champ
07-26-2010, 03:12 PM
in other words, just take notes and be quiet.

Certainly you can talk, but they are looking out for electronics like phones and certain cameras.

I forgot to mention and I am not an autograph guy myself. I don't know if they will repeat what they did last year, but usually after the session is over, some players come over and sign autographs. Just a heads up for those of you that are autograph seekers.

Not to get anyone's hopes up but I know John Elway is going to be at some camp sessions this year and be involved with the team, and you will see Elway take a more expanding role with the team as time goes on. So you never know who comes over to the sidelines to get autographs and such.

Malcontent
07-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Whats the big deal over SLR cameras.....the only diff is the viewfinder type apparatus...Stupid rules!!

24champ
07-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Whats the big deal over SLR cameras.....the only diff is the viewfinder type apparatus...Stupid rules!!

The rules of training camp say only professional lenses will be allowed in for the media.

bfoflcommish
07-26-2010, 03:52 PM

really? hmm

i'm willing to bet posters like zach, taco and pezman disagree.

Homer Simpson
07-26-2010, 06:16 PM
The rules of training camp say only professional lenses will be allowed in for the media.

So I can take pictures with my iPhone?

Homer Simpson
07-26-2010, 06:19 PM
I just got a job 10 minutes drive from Dove Valley, I finish at 6pm, I can attend the ones at 5:30 right? They don't stop people who come in late do they?

Where do they sit us if we go to Invesco next Saturday?

24champ
07-26-2010, 06:29 PM
So I can take pictures with my iPhone?

Good question, you can try...worst thing they can tell you to do is put your phone away. I am sure you can snap a few.

24champ
07-26-2010, 06:31 PM
I just got a job 10 minutes drive from Dove Valley, I finish at 6pm, I can attend the ones at 5:30 right? They don't stop people who come in late do they?

No they don't stop people that are late, but you won't get the best seating availability as a result of being late.

Homer Simpson
07-26-2010, 06:33 PM
No they don't stop people that are late, but you won't get the best seating availability as a result of being late.

Just being there is gonna be worth it. Don't we just sit on the grass?

CEH
07-26-2010, 06:38 PM

They fill up the grass first and then shepard you down to the end zone. Being one person you can probably find a seat on the grass along the way but no guarantees

SoCalBronco
07-26-2010, 06:40 PM

Yes.

Mediator12
07-26-2010, 06:51 PM
The thing about phones is they are not supposed to be in your hands inside the gates while practice is going on. The iPhone has a video camera as well as a regular camera and I have seen them ask someone to leavefor tryiong to take iphone pictures in the past. I would ask one of the security people before trying to take iphone pics.. and come with another camera just in case!

Cmac821
07-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Has any expiereced the practice at Mile High? Headed up there and curious how early I should be