PDA

View Full Version : Eric Olsen Signed

Bronco Boy
07-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Per his Facebook page and Broncos twitter.

http://twitter.com/denver_broncos

meangene
07-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Per his Facebook page and Broncos twitter.

http://twitter.com/denver_broncos

Sweet! I think Decker is close as well from what I have read.

worm
07-24-2010, 04:12 PM

Naggle Nole
07-24-2010, 04:26 PM
LOL
That is either the most amazing or most disgusting thing I have ever seen

hookemhess
07-24-2010, 05:07 PM
LOL

Amazingly disgusting.

Hamrob
07-24-2010, 08:58 PM
This is good news. Will he make the team?

Kaylore
07-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Good.

Requiem
07-24-2010, 09:29 PM
LOL

I think I just went into cardiac arrest looking at that.

KipCorrington25
07-24-2010, 10:14 PM
When you have a broken foot and you get third round money you'll sign anything, I would...

Shoemaker
07-24-2010, 10:31 PM
This is good news. Will he make the team?

That's a good question.

If I recall correctly, Eric Olsen can play guard and center, which means he and Hochstein would more or less fill the same role on the team as interior O-Line backup (assuming, of course, either Hochstein or Olsen doesn't win a starting guard or center spot).

Now, I'd guess we'll carry either 9 or 10 Offensive linemen on the 53-man roster. (I think this is what teams usually carry, right? Or is that too many?)

The way I see it, the locks to make the roster are: Clady (unless he starts the season on the PUP), Harris, Kuper, Walton, and Beadles, which would leave us with four or five extra spots.

We'll obviously have a backup OT or two (Batiste and/or Polumbus, I'd guess), which means Seth Olsen, Hochstein, and Eric Olsen would have to battle it out for the last few roster spots. Of course, one of them could certainly win the starting LG job, but I still see Beadles as a lock to make the team.

Personally, I see Eric Olsen making the team over Seth Olsen if neither wins a starting job, because Eric can play center, whereas as far as I know, Seth hasn't played center in his career. However, I also see Hochstein making the team over either of the Olsens because he's a veteran who knows the offense.

Still, I like Eric's chances to make the roster this year.

Wow. That was WAY too long of a post to make about a backup interior o-line battle. I must be really desperate for football talk.

lex
07-25-2010, 12:21 PM
I hope he doesnt get ragdolled in the NFL like he did by Raji. That was ugly.

strafen
07-25-2010, 01:05 PM
This is good news. Will he make the team?Of all the positions to battle for on our team, the OL stands to be the most competitive.
We need depth at LG, and Center primarily. Given Olsen's versatility, he stands a good chance to make the team.
There will be good battles for positions along the front line this year.
There may be some surprises emerging from training camp this year as anyone could expect...