PDA

View Full Version : 10 rookies who'll stink

TonyR
07-22-2010, 06:05 AM
Nothing much to see here, but what else is there to talk about?

Demaryius Thomas, Broncos WR
Thomas ran only the most basic routes coming out of Georgia Tech's flexbone offense, rarely cutting or changing direction. Missing out on offseason practices, therefore, was more problematic to Thomas than it would have been for most first-round receivers.
“Bay-Bay" does offer a tremendous size/speed package as a situational deep threat and red-zone weapon for the Broncos. Still, it’s going to take at least a year or two before he can consistently beat NFL corners to the point where he can be considered a viable No. 1 receiver.

Tim Tebow, Broncos QB
Tebow has a lot going for him, not the least of which are an impeccable college career, an unquestioned work ethic, and one of the game's best teachers in Josh McDaniels. On the flip side, he also entered the league lacking in several basic NFL quarterback skills.
Tebow will play. Similar to his freshman season at Florida, Tebow will offer the Broncos a different look on goal-line packages. The rest of his rookie season will be spent watching Kyle Orton learning how to read defenses, adjust his mechanics and develop arm strength. Whether or not Tebow becomes a star at this level, we’re at least a year from finding out.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38353821/ns/sports-nfl/displaymode/1247/?beginSlide=1

Meanwhile, on the 10 rookies who will shine list:

Dez Bryant, Cowboys WR
This top-five talent tumbled in the draft due to rumors of tardiness at Oklahoma St. When the rest of the NFL passed on the draft’s best offensive player, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones pounced. Bryant immediately turned heads in post-draft practices.
The Cowboys are pushing Bryant into a big role as a rookie. It will be even bigger once they realize that Roy Williams doesn’t hold a candle to the rookie's explosiveness off the line, hands, and catch radius. This is a high-impact player in what may be the league’s most dominant offense throughout 2010.

I really hope the Broncos didn't blow it passing on Bryant.

TonyR
07-22-2010, 06:19 AM
Here's another Tebow piece.

Thinking ahead to Tebow Time

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/07/21/thinking-ahead-to-tebow-time/

Rabb
07-22-2010, 06:20 AM
mark my words, Bryant is going to be suspended for one reason or another by season 3...I think we did well by passing

gunns
07-22-2010, 06:20 AM

Thomas ran only the most basic routes coming out of Georgia Tech's flexbone offense, rarely cutting or changing direction. Missing out on offseason practices, therefore, was more problematic to Thomas than it would have been for most first-round receivers.
“Bay-Bay" does offer a tremendous size/speed package as a situational deep threat and red-zone weapon for the Broncos. Still, it’s going to take at least a year or two before he can consistently beat NFL corners to the point where he can be considered a viable No. 1 receiver.

Tim Tebow, Broncos QB
Tebow has a lot going for him, not the least of which are an impeccable college career, an unquestioned work ethic, and one of the game's best teachers in Josh McDaniels. On the flip side, he also entered the league lacking in several basic NFL quarterback skills.
Tebow will play. Similar to his freshman season at Florida, Tebow will offer the Broncos a different look on goal-line packages. The rest of his rookie season will be spent watching Kyle Orton learning how to read defenses, adjust his mechanics and develop arm strength. Whether or not Tebow becomes a star at this level, we’re at least a year from finding out.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38353821/ns/sports-nfl/displaymode/1247/?beginSlide=1

Meanwhile, on the 10 rookies who will shine list:

Dez Bryant, Cowboys WR
This top-five talent tumbled in the draft due to rumors of tardiness at Oklahoma St. When the rest of the NFL passed on the draft’s best offensive player, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones pounced. Bryant immediately turned heads in post-draft practices.
The Cowboys are pushing Bryant into a big role as a rookie. It will be even bigger once they realize that Roy Williams doesn’t hold a candle to the rookie's explosiveness off the line, hands, and catch radius. This is a high-impact player in what may be the league’s most dominant offense throughout 2010.

They blew it by taking any WR in the first round. I do believe in the end that Decker will prove more valuable than Thomas which is the usual way of a 1st round drafted WR.

jhns
07-22-2010, 06:29 AM
McDaniels would look like even more of a joke if he drafted Dez. His entire message about good personality and team first players would go right out the window. I'm sure the dumb fans here would still buy his bull on why he gave away young pro bowlers but the players would start calling BS. Dez was late to practices and games. Every one that talked to him before the draft reported that he had the same attitude problems as most of the diva receivers.

It isn't like McDaniels is really agaist this type of player as he drafted Cox. He just backed himself into a corner and doesn't get to get good players that have character issues now. At least not any that want money. The Cox pick at least can be spun into it being easy to dump a low round pick. That spin doesn't really work when dealing with first round picks.

TonyR
07-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Second year running backs offer opportunity for fantasy value
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 21, 2010 12:21 PM ET
Last year's fantasy disappointments often become this year's best values.

The 2009 rookie running back was arguably the worst of the last decade in top-tier talent, failing to contain a 1,000-yard rusher or top-20 fantasy running back. The Rotoworld online draft guide projects the group to perform much better this year.

Shonn Green will get plenty of hype, but we still see him as an excellent late second-round value. Beanie Wells and Knowshon Moreno are better positioned for success this year than a year ago; both look like high ceiling RB2s that you can take in rounds three or four. (Moreno especially is getting overlooked.)

LeSean McCoy could put up Brian Westbrook-lite numbers for PPR leaguers, while Fantasy Nation has essentially given up on Donald Brown after one year. We haven't; you could do a lot worse for a mid-to-late round RB4 pick.

Remember that running backs retain trade value better than other positions, so you want to draft quality depth.

And of course, you can get complete projections to all of the runners above and other post-hype favorites, tiers, customizable scoring and all the rest at Rotoworld's award-winning online draft guide.

Until the next time we plug the thing, please help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/21/second-year-running-backs-offer-opportunity-for-fantasy-value/

Garcia Bronco
07-22-2010, 06:43 AM
"On the flip side, he also entered the league lacking in several basic NFL quarterback skills."

What are these "several basic skills"? Converting O2 to CO2?

TonyR
07-22-2010, 06:44 AM
NFL's worst offseason moves:

5. Redskins switch to 3-4 defense
The 3-4 scheme is new coach Mike Shanahan's preference and has a successful track record, but the change in Washington was unnecessary. The ’Skins already had a top-10 defense, and the switch alienated their best defender -- Albert Haynesworth. While outside linebacker Brian Orakpo is a good fit for the new system, bookend Andre Carter's effectiveness is now in doubt.

8. Rest of league lets Dallas get Dez Bryant
Skipping college classes (didn't we all?) was essentially the extent of Bryant's transgressions at Oklahoma State, but reports of "consistent tardiness" and a so-so Pro Day were enough to “Randy Moss” Bryant all the way to pick No. 24.

The Cowboys smartly traded up for the Andre Johnson-like talent, and inserted Bryant with their first-team three-receiver set in OTAs. Bryant, Jason Witten, and Miles Austin are going to form a wildly productive pass-catching corps for a long time.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38349607/ns/sports-nfl/

cmhargrove
07-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Wow, I read that concise piece of journalism and now I am convinced!

They also list Taylor Mays and Dexter McCluster on the "stink list." I think that both of those guys ahve a chance to contribute. Actually McCluster scares me because he could very well be the next Dante Hall that gashes us a couple times a year.

Taylor Mays is probably behind mentally, but it's almost scary thinking of what he could become under Singletery. He could easily develop into the next bone crushing NFL safety if his job is kept simple (by the talent around him).

Oh well, training camp is almost here - only a few more of these dumb lists.

dbfan21
07-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Who the heck is Chris Wesseling? Some wannabe writer working from the basement of his grandma's house in West Virginia? Please! To say they will stink is pretty bold...especially since teams have spent hours and hours scouting, interviewing and discussing these players.

For the record, Chris' article stinks.

OABB
07-22-2010, 07:54 AM
McDaniels would look like even more of a joke if he drafted Dez. His entire message about good personality and team first players would go right out the window. I'm sure the dumb fans here would still buy his bull on why he gave away young pro bowlers but the players would start calling BS. Dez was late to practices and games. Every one that talked to him before the draft reported that he had the same attitude problems as most of the diva receivers.

It isn't like McDaniels is really agaist this type of player as he drafted Cox. He just backed himself into a corner and doesn't get to get good players that have character issues now. At least not any that want money. The Cox pick at least can be spun into it being easy to dump a low round pick. That spin doesn't really work when dealing with first round picks.

You are going to make this season very special for me. I believe we go 11 and 5 and win a playoff game this year. It wil be fun watching you squirm and backtrack. Thank you.

jhns
07-22-2010, 08:00 AM
You are going to make this season very special for me. I believe we go 11 and 5 and win a playoff game this year. It wil be fun watching you squirm and backtrack. Thank you.

I hope you are right. I have no need to squirm and backtrack though. I can easily erase posts where I was wrong and deny everything.

Tombstone RJ
07-22-2010, 08:01 AM
They blew it by taking any WR in the first round. I do believe in the end that Decker will prove more valuable than Thomas which is the usual way of a 1st round drafted WR.

Your just dazzled by Deckers good looks. Thomas has way more upside.

Tombstone RJ
07-22-2010, 08:02 AM
I hope you are right. I have no need to squirm and backtrack though. I can easily erase posts where I was wrong and deny everything.

:rofl:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-22-2010, 08:16 AM
:rofl:

Did he really say that? ROFL.

jhiz: forever a joke.

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Dez Bryant is borderline retarded.

ZachKC
07-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Dez Bryant is borderline retarded.

You can be that way and still be a pretty damn good NFL player. It is the Frank Gore rule or something like that.

Hogan11
07-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Who the heck is Chris Wesseling? Some wannabe writer working from the basement of his grandma's house in West Virginia? Please! To say they will stink is pretty bold...especially since teams have spent hours and hours scouting, interviewing and discussing these players.

For the record, Chris' article stinks.

This...it needs to be taken with a punch of salt, if at all.

Bigdawg26
07-22-2010, 09:05 AM

So true lol!! But the only problem I had with the article is that the said he would learn under Kyle Orton!

gunns
07-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Your just dazzled by Deckers good looks. Thomas has way more upside.

While yes I think that boy is fine, I thought he would be better before I saw how absolutely fine he was. He was projected for the first round before the injury and he is very good. There are more very good WR's taken in later rounds than in the 1st round. It's more me thinking the norm will play out.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Im still not sure what "basic skills" Tebow is missing. He had a funky motion. What other basic skills is he missing?

Popps
07-22-2010, 09:18 AM
On the flip side, he also entered the league lacking in several basic NFL quarterback skills.

Yea, because most rookies come into the league with all NFL QB skills completely in tact.

Good point.

cmhargrove
07-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Im still not sure what "basic skills" Tebow is missing. He had a funky motion. What other basic skills is he missing?

Its rumored that he lacks certain carnal skills, but give the boy time - when he finally unloads it should be historic.

outdoor_miner
07-22-2010, 09:26 AM
I have no need to squirm and backtrack though. I can easily erase posts where I was wrong and deny everything.

Dude - your post count would go back to like 0. :wiggle:

underrated29
07-22-2010, 09:36 AM
I have hopes for decker but really, the dude is Never healthy. His greatest asset is that he catches Everything. Everything....Other than that he is bigger and strong, not real fast and Never healthy. Ever.

Sure he takes a beating and keeps on trucking, which I love him for, but we might have a case of darius watts on our hands here only in reverse.

Watts healthy, overhyped, couldnt catch a cold. Out of the league in 3yrs
Decker, never healthy, overhyped, caught herpes from someones hic up.

RunSilentRunDeep
07-22-2010, 09:41 AM

[I]Thomas ran only the most basic routes coming out of Georgia Tech's flexbone offense, rarely cutting or changing direction.

Small-brained analysis. Always lame when writers go with the "I haven't seen him do it, so therefore he can't" logic.

baja
07-22-2010, 09:48 AM

I can see you don't know you ability to delete your posts is time sensitive.

jhns
07-22-2010, 10:07 AM
I can see you don't know you ability to delete your posts is time sensitive.

Actually I didn't. How long do you have to delete them?

It was a joke anyways. Most of the posts people would want to throw in my face have been quoted. It would be kind of pointless deleting them.

baja
07-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Actually I didn't. How long do you have to delete them?

It was a joke anyways. Most of the posts people would want to throw in my face have been quoted. It would be kind of pointless deleting them.

You have until the edit button disappears.

And that is why quoting posts is a good plan if you think the post will prove laughiingly wrong.

oubronco
07-22-2010, 10:35 AM
You can be that way and still be a pretty damn good NFL player. It is the Frank Gore rule or something like that.

TO agrees with you

Victor
07-22-2010, 10:44 AM
I have hopes for decker but really, the dude is Never healthy. His greatest asset is that he catches Everything. Everything....Other than that he is bigger and strong, not real fast and Never healthy. Ever.

Sure he takes a beating and keeps on trucking, which I love him for, but we might have a case of darius watts on our hands here only in reverse.

Watts healthy, overhyped, couldnt catch a cold. Out of the league in 3yrs
Decker, never healthy, overhyped, caught herpes from someones hic up.

"Never healthy. Ever." Really? How did he manage to play in 45 college games, catch 228 passes and 24 touchdowns? I mean, given that he was never, ever healthy and all.

Hyperbole: extravagant exaggeration

Florida_Bronco
07-22-2010, 10:46 AM

Bryant doesn't fit McDaniels' offense.

Well, unless you want to spend a 1st rounder on a guy who would be the 3rd progression on a pass play.

mr007
07-22-2010, 10:50 AM
You mean doing stuff like this as quoting?.

baja
07-22-2010, 11:07 AM

No quoting another posters post so in case he deletes it you will still have the quoted post. Like I did with yours in this post.

Requiem
07-22-2010, 11:25 AM
U29, you've been brainwashed by people over on Broncos Forums stating that Decker was never healthy. Outside the lisfranc injury, he didn't miss much time in college. He often played through being hurt, and displayed a lot of toughness.

The guy is not overrated. He was the Golden Gophers offense prior to his injury. About 60% of the offensive production and plays went around that guy. He's been starting since he was a Freshman. He is going to be a real solid player.

cmhargrove
07-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Bryant doesn't fit McDaniels' offense.

Well, unless you want to spend a 1st rounder on a guy who would be the 3rd progression on a pass play.

As far as the guys from Oklahoma State - Okung should be the best player they produced this draft. Behind him, I expect Perrish Cox could very well outplay Bryant - or be of the same value. Dez was a lightning bolt of a great player, but he only played two seasons, and often had his terrible games against better teams like Texas.

watermock
07-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Solid player.

It's like a mantra now. Team player, very coachable, works in my system.

What people don't realize is that Beavis is an idiot.

I never dreamed we would hire a waterboy.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1fuDDqU6n4o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1fuDDqU6n4o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

cmhargrove
07-22-2010, 11:49 AM

I guess we shouldn't point out that Calvin Johnson came from the same offense. Someone should tell Calvin to give it up, he just can't compete...

underrated29
07-22-2010, 11:54 AM
I know he played hurt and I love his toughness. But the guy left tons of games early due to injury...Most people at BF love the kid. Infact only one person-coach- does not like the pick..He likes taylor price.....

But back to decker, I am not berrating the kid, but how many full games did he participate in?

Maybe its a lot, maybe its a little, I honestly do not know. But it seems to me that the poor guy has left a lot of games early. He probably came back the next week and played. But what does that do to our team when we have to worry about constantly losing our guy for a half a game because he gets nicked up?

loborugger
07-22-2010, 11:58 AM
On the flip side, he also entered the league lacking in several basic NFL quarterback skills.

Yea, because most rookies come into the league with all NFL QB skills completely in tact.

Good point.

Piling on... how can a rookie QB sitting on the bench most of the season and learning the game from a veteran juniorman like Orton be a stinky season? Dude had to come up with 10 names - well 20, actually cuz he had 10 that will shine - and he needed 10 names people would actually know about/care about.

Kaylore
07-22-2010, 12:16 PM
I thought his list was lame. I am eager to revisit this at the end of the season.

I will say at least he has the balls to make a prediction.

dbfan21
07-22-2010, 12:23 PM

Good point.

:thumbs:

Requiem
07-22-2010, 12:28 PM
I know he played hurt and I love his toughness. But the guy left tons of games early due to injury...Most people at BF love the kid. Infact only one person-coach- does not like the pick..He likes taylor price.....

But back to decker, I am not berrating the kid, but how many full games did he participate in?

Maybe its a lot, maybe its a little, I honestly do not know. But it seems to me that the poor guy has left a lot of games early. He probably came back the next week and played. But what does that do to our team when we have to worry about constantly losing our guy for a half a game because he gets nicked up?

He started 44 games, and played in 45. I'm not sure how many he left, but it wasn't a large amount. In 2008 he left a few games, but it wasn't many. He also returned in some of those affairs. I've seen Decker play in person and with Minnesota being the biggest team near me, I have the ability to see most of their games on television. Injury regarding his foot is a concern, but the guy isn't as fragile as Coach, you and others would make him out to be. That is just flat out dishonesty.

You don't average the statistics he did throughout his career, especially his last three seasons by leaving games and not returning.

DBroncos4life
07-22-2010, 01:16 PM
The major problem I see for Bryant this year is the fact that he really hasn't played football in a year and the fact that rookie contracts are going to be so slow to be signed this year. Give he was picked later, if he doesn't sign he won't be very good this season.

Rashomon
07-22-2010, 01:54 PM
I guess we shouldn't point out that Calvin Johnson came from the same offense. Someone should tell Calvin to give it up, he just can't compete...

The option offense that Paul Johnson runs at Georgia Tech is nothing like the Chan Gailey offense at GT that Calvin Johnson played in. And if you saw both Thomas and Johnson play at GT, you would know that there is a world of difference between their talents coming out of college.

Garcia Bronco
07-22-2010, 02:01 PM
The option offense that Paul Johnson runs at Georgia Tech is nothing like the Chan Gailey offense at GT that Calvin Johnson played in. And if you saw both Thomas and Johnson play at GT, you would know that there is a world of difference between their talents coming out of college.

Well said. Thomas should be able to block though.

broncocalijohn
07-22-2010, 02:07 PM
This...it needs to be taken with a punch of salt, if at all.

ounch of salt = grain of salt?

JHNS is correct on not getting Bryant. If McDaniels did that after we have seen him get rid of character flawed guys like Marshall, then he would be one big hypocrite. I think we got Thomas based on what the Chargers have done with big guys. We needed to replace BM asap and he was our guy.

underrated29
07-22-2010, 02:52 PM
He started 44 games, and played in 45. I'm not sure how many he left, but it wasn't a large amount. In 2008 he left a few games, but it wasn't many. He also returned in some of those affairs. I've seen Decker play in person and with Minnesota being the biggest team near me, I have the ability to see most of their games on television. Injury regarding his foot is a concern, but the guy isn't as fragile as Coach, you and others would make him out to be. That is just flat out dishonesty.

You don't average the statistics he did throughout his career, especially his last three seasons by leaving games and not returning.

It would be nice to know how many games he left. From what I thought I saw it was a fair few..But it seems I am misinformed.

Lets not take this farther than it is, chris. There is no dishonesty, I was misinformed. if I were to now claim that he is glass than it would be dishonest. And like I said, Coach is the only person I know of that does not like him. Everyone else is pimping him hardcore. In light of this information it seems like I should maybe too. I will of course wait until he actually hits the field, but I am more intrigued and relieved of his games started and played. 44 out of 45- Number I can get behind.

Br0nc0Buster
07-22-2010, 03:29 PM
there is not a "world of difference" between the talent of Thomas and the talent of Calvin
Calvin obviously is a bit faster and bigger, but then again he might be the most physically talented receiver ever

from a pure talent standpoint Thomas was one of the top players in this draft

concerns about his rout running, injured foot, and consistency is what dropped him

elsid13
07-22-2010, 04:13 PM

Thomas is far better then any other WR in this draft, include injury plagued Decker. Thomas is far more polished then some in the media pretend to make him out to be. Right away he will be able to open up the underneath routes with his ability to stretch the defense and will help the running game with his ability to block down field.

elsid13
07-22-2010, 04:17 PM

Johnson didn't play in the same offense. He played for Chan Gailey in pro style attack. Thomas did play one year that system, but he spent the majority of his college career in Paul Johnson's triple option.

gunns
07-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Thomas is far better then any other WR in this draft, include injury plagued Decker. Thomas is far more polished then some in the media pretend to make him out to be. Right away he will be able to open up the underneath routes with his ability to stretch the defense and will help the running game with his ability to block down field.

That may be true, we will see but there wasn't a WR in this draft that was polished enough to be a first round draft pick.

kmartin575
07-23-2010, 01:26 AM
Wow, I read that concise piece of journalism and now I am convinced!

They also list Taylor Mays and Dexter McCluster on the "stink list." I think that both of those guys ahve a chance to contribute. Actually McCluster scares me because he could very well be the next Dante Hall that gashes us a couple times a year.

Taylor Mays is probably behind mentally, but it's almost scary thinking of what he could become under Singletery. He could easily develop into the next bone crushing NFL safety if his job is kept simple (by the talent around him).

Oh well, training camp is almost here - only a few more of these dumb lists.

I hope McCluster is more of a contributor than Dante Hall. McCluster should have a much bigger impact on offense than Hall ever did. To me he seems like a poor man's Percy Harvin.

kmartin575
07-23-2010, 01:29 AM

There are plenty of quarterbacks who looked the part, had good mechanics, good throwing motion, good footwork, etc. But they still couldn't make it in the NFL because they couldn't read defenses and command the offense.

Tebow was hardly ever asked to make NFL throws and reads. It's not a given that he will be able to make the transition.

TonyR
07-23-2010, 07:21 AM
John Elway thinks Tim Tebow "has plenty of arm"
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 22, 2010 4:30 PM ET

Broncos Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway thinks far too much is being made about the question of whether rookie Tim Tebow is an NFL-ready passer.

"The thing about Tebow is they're focusing too much on his release," Elway told the Denver Post. "As long as he can get it in a timely manner, I think he has plenty of arm there. . . . He's not going to change his release. He may get better. Obviously, by throwing you get more accurate and more accurate and you may shorten it up as time goes on but if it's long and quick, that's OK."

Overall, Elway sounds like he's sold on Tebow and on the direction the Broncos are heading in. But he cautioned that people shouldn't expect too much from the team because "they are so young."

"Maybe they make eight, nine, 10 wins would be a good year I would think," Elway said. "But show a little more consistency and finish the season out."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/22/john-elway-thinks-tim-tebow-has-plenty-of-arm/

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15578084

Drek
07-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Johnson didn't play in the same offense. He played for Chan Gailey in pro style attack. Thomas did play one year that system, but he spent the majority of his college career in Paul Johnson's triple option.

He played one year in it, but practiced in it for two since he was a redshirt his first year. And in 2007 when he did play under Gailey he started 10 games and was the team's leading receiver. Not too many freshman redshirts do that.

I don't know why scouts ignore his '07 season success. Maybe the next two years in the triple option have blanked their memories. But the guy did step in on the heels of Calvin Johnson to be the team's leading receiver as a 19 year old playing in Gailey's pro style offense. Concerns about his route running have been greatly exaggerated.

gyldenlove
07-23-2010, 08:25 AM
I might as well say it here, but I am all over Moreno in round 2 of any fantasy league, unless he gets injures early he is a sure 1000k runner with double digit TD potential.

underrated29
07-23-2010, 10:45 AM
I might as well say it here, but I am all over Moreno in round 2 of any fantasy league, unless he gets injures early he is a sure 1000k runner with double digit TD potential.

agreed,except I think he can be had in rd 3, early rd 3, but round 3 nonetheless.

Chris
07-23-2010, 10:49 AM

I dunno... I'd say round 3. I think our OL is too much of an uncertainty.

Br0nc0Buster
07-23-2010, 11:47 AM
I dunno... I'd say round 3. I think our OL is too much of an uncertainty.

in a lot of drafts he can be had later than that
I did a 10 team one and he didnt get picked till the 6th round

I am not sure if I like Moreno enough to take him in the 3rd, maybe if it was a late 3rd

Ugly Duck
07-23-2010, 01:13 PM
The author thinks the KC safties sucked so bad that they gave up 262 yards to their own guy: "Kansas City’s safeties were painfully overmatched last season, rolling over for 327 yards to a then-maligned Kevin Kolb, 250 yards to spot-starter Miles Austin, 298 yards to relative unknown Jerome Harrison, and finally 262 yards to breakout star Jamaal Charles in the finale."

jhns
07-23-2010, 01:29 PM
The author thinks the KC safties sucked so bad that they gave up 262 yards to their own guy: "Kansas City’s safeties were painfully overmatched last season, rolling over for 327 yards to a then-maligned Kevin Kolb, 250 yards to spot-starter Miles Austin, 298 yards to relative unknown Jerome Harrison, and finally 262 yards to breakout star Jamaal Charles in the finale."

Maybe that was our real problem with running the ball last season. We built up the safety position too much.

Archer81
07-23-2010, 01:30 PM
OMG...Broncos rookies wont be fantasy all stars...who the **** cares?

The sports media can go get fisted by giants.

That is all.

:Broncos:

elsid13
07-23-2010, 03:48 PM
He played one year in it, but practiced in it for two since he was a redshirt his first year. And in 2007 when he did play under Gailey he started 10 games and was the team's leading receiver. Not too many freshman redshirts do that.

I don't know why scouts ignore his '07 season success. Maybe the next two years in the triple option have blanked their memories. But the guy did step in on the heels of Calvin Johnson to be the team's leading receiver as a 19 year old playing in Gailey's pro style offense. Concerns about his route running have been greatly exaggerated.

I agree with you that. I was just point out that Calvin Johnson didn't play in the triple option attack that GT currently uses.

Chris
07-23-2010, 03:50 PM
OMG...Broncos rookies wont be fantasy all stars...who the **** cares?

The sports media can go get fisted by giants.

That is all.

:Broncos:

That sounds painful.

broncocalijohn
07-26-2010, 04:59 PM

So true as TC is starting. Dez is a prima donna and just took the Ryan Leif route of what not to do on hazing.