PDA

View Full Version : Justin Bannan

iDENVER
07-20-2010, 11:57 PM
how big of a signing is this for us? He is very versatility player for the ravens and could really help solidify this D-line.

In this video he drops back as he is a LB, could use him in many ways

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ocCWrlMgJw&feature=related

theAPAOps5
07-21-2010, 12:11 AM
We lived together on the same floor in the dorms. Him and Victor Rogers. He once electrocuted a hamster with his roommate.

Totally true story, the guy was crazy. After a loss in college, his freshman year when he barely played, he ripped off the door to his room, this was a solid wood door, one of the most amazing things I ever saw.

I loved this signing because the guy is nuts. Good times in Williams Village Darley North Dorms!

Dr. Broncenstein
07-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Expendable depth player for the Ravens = instant starter for the Broncos. It wouldn't be that big of a signing if we had anythng to show for the last decade's worth of draft picks and free agent aquisitions.

iDENVER
07-21-2010, 12:37 AM
if only we could have gotten Dwan Edwards too..;D

FireFly
07-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Expendable depth player for the Ravens = instant starter for the Broncos. It wouldn't be that big of a signing if we had anythng to show for the last decade's worth of draft picks and free agent aquisitions.

this makes me sad

Killericon
07-21-2010, 01:49 AM

True, but it's not like this is Engleberger mark 2. He's the primary backup for 2, and maybe 3 spots on defense. A great player to have.

watermock
07-21-2010, 01:58 AM
We lived together on the same floor in the dorms. Him and Victor Rogers. He once electrocuted a hamster with his roommate.

Totally true story, the guy was crazy. After a loss in college, his freshman year when he barely played, he ripped off the door to his room, this was a solid wood door, one of the most amazing things I ever saw.

I loved this signing because the guy is nuts. Good times in Williams Village Darley North Dorms!

Sounds like a team first guy!

Killericon
07-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Sounds like a team first guy!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGgdwAFXXMA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGgdwAFXXMA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He's the 2nd one. Seems like the type of guy you want on your football team.

cmhargrove
07-21-2010, 07:37 AM

I understand the sentiment, but at one time we thought players like Trevor Pryce were expendable (for the money). It doesn't mean he can't help our team or have a significant impact on our defense.

It's not like our d-line from last year was horrible - we just had no depth and then everyone got too worn out (including Andra Davis trying to plug the leaks). What we needed was quality depth and better rotation to help the team in the second half of the season.

The thought that Ronald Fields (who started the season really well) is now a backup/rotational player is really encouraging. McBean played well to start the season then injured his knee. He may well have been playing through that injury for the remainder of the year.

I think we greatly increased our depth on the d-line this year, the part of the defense that concerns me most is the OLB's (since we don't know about Elvis, and Ayers as a starter is a question mark).

orange skier
07-21-2010, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=cmhargrove;2883796]I understand the sentiment, but at one time we thought players like Trevor Pryce were expendable (for the money). It doesn't mean he can't help our team or have a significant impact on our defense.

It's not like our d-line from last year was horrible - we just had no depth and then everyone got too worn out (including Andra Davis trying to plug the leaks). What we needed was quality depth and better rotation to help the team in the second half of the season.

It would help tremendously to have the offense stay on the field, to spell the defense............I think our D just was toast by December from all of the three and outs by the offense..............

Rabb
07-21-2010, 08:06 AM
the thing I love about him other than his talent is, he is coming directly from one of the best defenses in the league and even their 2nd tier players can start in most places

he's been groomed well and is a smart and tough player, I don't see what's not to love

Greatspirits
07-21-2010, 10:24 AM
He'll be a great addition! brings toughness and hopefully some stability to the D-Line this year. I love this signing!

dbfan21
07-21-2010, 10:49 AM
He'll be a great addition! brings toughness and hopefully some stability to the D-Line this year. I love this signing!

I love your avatar! Nice work! :thumbs:

Greatspirits
07-21-2010, 01:51 PM
I love your avatar! Nice work! :thumbs:

Thanks, me too! Some times I just post anything so I can stare at her a bit!!

bombay
07-21-2010, 02:06 PM

What was his roommate made of?

8')

2KBack
07-21-2010, 02:42 PM
It would help tremendously to have the offense stay on the field, to spell the defense............I think our D just was toast by December from all of the three and outs by the offense..............

Meh...I'd say that is a misconception. Denver's TOP last season was right in the middle of the pack at hair over 30 minutes. Denver's defense was not on the field much more or less than any other team in the league.

Mogulseeker
07-21-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm actually a little disturbed by the hamster comment.

brncs_fan
07-21-2010, 03:30 PM

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0909/richard-geres-hamster-richard-gere-hamster-sad-new-died-demotivational-poster-1253829613.jpg

Vegas_Bronco
07-21-2010, 03:32 PM

The hamsters have had ENOUGH!

brncs_fan
07-21-2010, 03:37 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fv2zjgjk6rE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fv2zjgjk6rE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

theAPAOps5
07-21-2010, 04:20 PM

Not as disturbed as I was. If I remember right it was more his roommates doing than his.

baja
07-21-2010, 04:43 PM

Today hampsters tomorrow dog fights

Popps
07-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Hamsters aside, I can't wait to see our starting D-line suit up. What a huge boost this is going to be if these guys work out.

Williams could literally help turn us into a top 5 defense if he's healthy.

Rabb
07-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Hamsters aside, I can't wait to see our starting D-line suit up. What a huge boost this is going to be if these guys work out.

Williams could literally help turn us into a top 5 defense if he's healthy.

absolutely agree Popps

just ask RayRay how much Ngata means to him in the middle, a big fatty taking up space and occupying blockers with some play-making linebackers is exactly what we want

ZONA
07-22-2010, 09:39 AM
I like the signing but the video you posted doesn't really show him doing much at all. That play was all Lewis and Chris. Couldn't you find a better one?

Chris
07-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks, me too! Some times I just post anything so I can stare at her a bit!!

Who is she?

iDENVER
07-22-2010, 10:14 AM
I like the signing but the video you posted doesn't really show him doing much at all. That play was all Lewis and Chris. Couldn't you find a better one?

it was to show that he can drop back and we could use him in a lot of different packages, u dont like the video, go find ur own

Greatspirits
07-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Who is she?

Don't know, just found her on some fantasy football site.

BroncoBuff
07-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Expendable depth player for the Ravens = instant starter for the Broncos.

Please, he was not "expendable." Teams let good players go to free agency all the time, for a variety of reasons. The Ravens let him go probably because of Ngata's move to DE. And they must like Dwan Edwards.

Bannan's underrated around here some, he had an incredible 2008, moved interchangeably between DE and NT, a high motor guy. And he got basically the same deal from us as Green and Williams, without Green's sacks or Williams' reputation. Money talks.

Br0nc0Buster
07-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Please, he was not "expendable." Teams let good players go to free agency all the time, for a variety of reasons. The Ravens let him go probably because of Ngata's move to DE. And they must like Dwan Edwards.

Bannan's underrated around here some, he had an incredible 2008, moved interchangeably between DE and NT, a high motor guy. And he got basically the same deal from us as Green and Williams, without Green's sacks or Williams' reputation. Money talks.

they also let Edwards walk as well

BroncoBuff
07-22-2010, 02:10 PM
they also let Edwards walk as well

Yeah? Well they must like Trevor Pryce a lot then :~ohyah!:

Dr. Broncenstein
07-22-2010, 03:00 PM

So you want to debate the definition of expendable?

Kaylore
07-22-2010, 03:14 PM
So you want to debate the definition of expendable?

If you're talking price, you could argue everyone is expendable then. People like to point this out about Daniel Graham and the Patriots. Graham turning down a 25 million dollar deal to get more money here somehow turned into the "The Patriots didn't want him" and that turned into "McDaniels is going to cut him."

I have no doubt that the Ravens would have liked to keep Bannan - just not at the price he was asking. Does that make him "expendable?" I would prefer the term "expensive" for them.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-22-2010, 03:26 PM
If you're talking price, you could argue everyone is expendable then. People like to point this out about Daniel Graham and the Patriots. Graham turning down a 25 million dollar deal to get more money here somehow turned into the "The Patriots didn't want him" and that turned into "McDaniels is going to cut him."

I have no doubt that the Ravens would have liked to keep Bannan - just not at the price he was asking. Does that make him "expendable?" I would prefer the term "expensive" for them.

:rofl:

The lengths people will go to play the devil's advocate.... problem is that you literally defined the word expendable with that last paragraph. Do I need to post the dictionary term? Answer: yes.

"more easily or economically replaced than rescued, salvaged, or protected"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/expendable

BroncoBuff
07-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Okay okay, the definition of expendable covers that, Dr. Touchy. I was reacting to the common acceptance of the word as connoting lack of value.

Khan's Graham example is exactly where I was trying to go there.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Okay okay, the definition of expendable covers that, Dr. Touchy. I was reacting to the common acceptance of the word as connoting lack of value.

Emphasis on reacting...

Pony Boy
07-22-2010, 09:19 PM

Just smile and take your medicine and listen to what the doctor is saying...;D

Dr. Broncenstein
07-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Just smile and take your medicine and listen to what the doctor is saying...;D

Your avatar is the shiat.

Kaylore
07-22-2010, 11:38 PM
:rofl:

The lengths people will go to play the devil's advocate.... problem is that you literally defined the word expendable with that last paragraph. Do I need to post the dictionary term? Answer: yes.

"more easily or economically replaced than rescued, salvaged, or protected"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/expendable

Yes, that is the official term. However your post suggested he was easily replaced and purely a reserve player and I think you're underselling his value, especially in a system where we rotate D-linemen quite a bit.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-23-2010, 05:43 AM
Yes, that is the official term. However your post suggested he was easily replaced and purely a reserve player and I think you're underselling his value, especially in a system where we rotate D-linemen quite a bit.

You are putting words in my mouth that I never said. My original post was an indictment on the previous staff and their utter failure to obtain dline talent.