PDA

View Full Version : Vic and Gary?

bronco_diesel
07-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Anyone know what happened to their morning show on AM 1600?

Is there any local sport show in the AM?

I pretty much can't stand Mike & Mike or any other national media...

bfoflcommish
07-20-2010, 11:52 AM

mile high sports radio 1510 am

crush17
07-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Was wondering the exact same thing... those two were by far my favorite show to listen to in Denver.

They always had the best guests, they have great connections to everything involving Denver's sports teams...

I will be really bummed if they are gone permanently :(

crush17
07-20-2010, 11:55 AM
mile high sports radio 1510 am

yeah if you want to listen to two bumbling idots talk about Allegro Coffee and other local restaurants all morning...

Jim Armstrong and Les Shapiro... I'd rather listen to national sports talk then listen to those dopes...

Los Broncos
07-20-2010, 11:55 AM

Same here and Dan Patrick.

Rabb
07-20-2010, 11:57 AM
yeah if you want to listen to two bumbling idots talk about Allegro Coffee and other local restaurants all morning...

Jim Armstrong and Les Shapiro... I'd rather listen to national sports talk then listen to those dopes...

yes, exactly

bfoflcommish
07-20-2010, 12:01 PM
the question was are there any local sports morning shows, I answered. anyway's I have beena free beer friday winner a couple times so not all bad!

crush17
07-20-2010, 12:04 PM
the question was are there any local sports morning shows, I answered. anyway's I have beena free beer friday winner a couple times so not all bad!

I know man sorry if I came of prickish in that reply... wasn't intended to be a dig towards you...

bronco_diesel
07-20-2010, 12:09 PM
It's unfortunate but Denver sports radio has really gone downhill.

Nothing worth listening to in the AM with Vic and Gary gone.

I'd have to say there is nothing worth listening to until Sandy is on. I actually wish that Sandy was on either in the AM or the afternoon. For all his knocks, the dude knows sports and can keep a topic.

ND Bronco Fan
07-20-2010, 12:14 PM
102.3 FM-starting next week-this week off

crush17
07-20-2010, 12:19 PM

I'd have to say there is nothing worth listening to until Sandy is on. I actually wish that Sandy was on either in the AM or the afternoon. For all his knocks, the dude knows sports and can keep a topic.

I agree 100%.
There are times when I want to reach through the radio and strangle Clough (mostly because he just talks over everyone and forces his viewpoint), but overall I'd much rather listen to him talk than most everyone else.

I can tolerate Hastings & Evans. A lot of people can't.

I really dislike Big Al & D-Mac because they are pretty ignorant when it comes to a lot of subjects and say things that are just not true, or they don't research what they're saying and just give blind opinions that are way off base.

I could tolerate the Klatt & Kroekman show on 1510 in the afternoons a lot more than The Fan, but now they appear to be off the air as well.

People are settling for stupid, inane banter between a bunch of idiots. Really blows...

BigPlayShay
07-20-2010, 12:20 PM
102.3 FM in Denver will soon become an all sports station. Vic and Gary will be on there along with Joel Klatt, Nate Kreckman:

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_15528246

crush17
07-20-2010, 12:26 PM
102.3 FM in Denver will soon become an all sports station. Vic and Gary will be on there along with Joel Klatt, Nate Kreckman:

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_15528246

excellent news :)

bronco_diesel
07-20-2010, 12:31 PM
I agree 100%.
There are times when I want to reach through the radio and strangle Clough (mostly because he just talks over everyone and forces his viewpoint), but overall I'd much rather listen to him talk than most everyone else.

I know exactly what you mean. I think he has improved in this area, but he still has the tendancy to talk over people. I like that he actually talks sports though.

I can tolerate Hastings & Evans. A lot of people can't.

I don't mind Hastings. I think he and Al were pretty good together. Evans is a tool.

I really dislike Big Al & D-Mac because they are pretty ignorant when it comes to a lot of subjects and say things that are just not true, or they don't research what they're saying and just give blind opinions that are way off base.

I really gave Big Al and D-Mac a shot...but these guys are simply horrible. Both of these guys need someone to lead the show. Unfortunatly neither can do that. As a result they are always off topic or saying really stupid things. I feel dumber when I listen to them.

I am really happy to hear that Vic and Gary will be back. They work really well together. I enjoy their humor and they bring in solid guests.

Maybe they can get Eddie Mac to do a show as well.

BigPlayShay
07-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Maybe they can get Eddie Mac to do a show as well.

Don't laugh, but I think SOB should get a show. He was awesome when he was a guest color guy for KOA last season.

bronco militia
07-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Don't laugh, but I think SOB should get a show. He was awesome when he was a guest color guy for KOA last season.

I agree....

bronco_diesel
07-20-2010, 12:43 PM

I agree. I am actually serious....would love for him to have a show.

crush17
07-20-2010, 12:43 PM
I'll bet you Stink gets a show...

BigPlayShay
07-20-2010, 12:50 PM
I'll bet you Stink gets a show...

Stink will be joining Al and D-Mac on the Fan soon as well:

http://www.avclub.com/denver/articles/the-sports-talk-dial-just-birthed-another-notch,43248/

Also moving to new digs is ex-Bronco and current ESPN analyst Mark Schlereth. Before any of the radio wife-swapping with the stations began, The Fan (FM 104.3) made a preemptive strike by wisely adding Schlereth to its Al And D-Mac show (weekdays 4-7 p.m.). Schlereth is nearly as good a broadcaster as he was an offensive lineman, so he should at least make the wayward strip-club DJ stylings of The Fan’s D-Mac tolerable when he joins him on Aug. 2.

Broncos24
07-20-2010, 02:40 PM
This is good news I hate Al and DMAC..those two are idiots.

theAPAOps5
07-20-2010, 02:46 PM
I love Al but yes Dmac can be an idiot at times. He is crazy though he will give out his cell phone number on the air and says he gets hilarious calls.

theAPAOps5
07-20-2010, 02:49 PM
I read that Adam Schefter is one of the 20 investors that are starting the new sports radio station. It was reported to start this past monday but I have heard that it will either be later this week or maybe even next monday.

Kaylore
07-20-2010, 03:54 PM
He was terrible. There was nothing exciting or colorful about anything he said.

Personally, I don't mind Mike & Mike.

crush17
07-20-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't mind Mike & Mike at all either. They talk East Coast a ton, but they have to pretty much.

KipCorrington25
07-20-2010, 07:11 PM
What, no Gil Whitely fans out there? An hour of shilling for terrible sponsors isn't interesting to anyone?

spdirty
07-20-2010, 08:18 PM
I really don't know how anyone could possibly listen to an entire show of Al and D-Mac without cutting their ears off.

I wish Cecil Lammey would get a show, I think he does/did an excellent job during his weekend show.

theAPAOps5
07-20-2010, 09:36 PM
I really don't know how anyone could possibly listen to an entire show of Al and D-Mac without cutting their ears off.

I wish Cecil Lammey would get a show, I think he does/did an excellent job during his weekend show.

He will be headed to 102.3 based on his twitter page.

Irish Stout
07-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Man I love Al, but his personality with an ignorant and hard headed D-Mac is a bad combo.

Cecil Lammey
07-26-2010, 10:32 AM

Hey man! Thanks for the support I really appreciate it.

I am now with FRSN and will be featured on 87.7 The Ticket. We launch tomorrow with Vic and Gary at 7am! I will be on Mondays and Fridays from 5-7am - then on Saturdays and Sundays I will have my own show from 8-11am.

During football season I will be on all day on Sunday. Fantasy show in the morning, Broncos pregame, Broncos postgame.

Thanks for listening! :thumbsup:

titan
07-26-2010, 12:00 PM
That sounds great Cecil - look forward to your show! I've tuned in Sunday morning on 104.3 the last couple of weeks to hear your football show only to be greeted by a NASCAR prerace program (ugh!)

BigPlayShay
07-26-2010, 12:09 PM
I just read in the Post that someone named "Jojo" will be added to Les Shapiro's afternoon show. Please god tell me this is not Josina Anderson.

bombay
07-26-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm really hoping to have heard the last of dee mac. After Schlereth was there on Wednesday, Clough sat in with Al on Thursday, and Oren on Friday.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-26-2010, 12:11 PM

There are too many knocks to count with Sandy, unfortunately. Never in my life have I heard a radio host who likes the sound of his own voice as much, and I worked in the industry for 10 years.

Oren is getting there, though. He's clearly taking lessons from Sandy, king of the "Speak... one... word... at a time... and take... mock pauses... to make the listener... think... you're really contemplating... every single... syllable... that you're sharing... with them... so that each segment... features as few words... as actually... possible... Back in a moment... Sandy Clough with you, Clough Talk, 104.3 the fan..."

/shudder

Kaylore
07-26-2010, 02:14 PM

I am now with FRSN and will be featured on 87.7 The Ticket. We launch tomorrow with Vic and Gary at 7am! I will be on Mondays and Fridays from 5-7am - then on Saturdays and Sundays I will have my own show from 8-11am.

During football season I will be on all day on Sunday. Fantasy show in the morning, Broncos pregame, Broncos postgame.

About time!

LittleFloyd
07-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Update, per the Denver Post, they will start their show Tuesday, 7/27 on KDSP, The Ticket at 87.7 FM

BigPlayShay
07-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Update, per the Denver Post, they will start their show Tuesday, 7/27 on KDSP, The Ticket at 87.7 FM

Wow, I read this and my car stereo won't tune below 87.9:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/87.7_FM

In North America
87.75 MHz is a frequency-modulated audio subcarrier used by all NTSC-M analog channel 6 television stations. Along the frequency spectrum it is situated directly below the North American 88-108 MHz FM broadcast band. With the FM broadcast band covering the 87.5-108 MHz range in most other nations, only a minority of FM radios sold in North America would exclude the 87.7 frequency. FM radios with the capability to tune in 87.7 FM therefore will pick up the audio feed of a channel 6 analog television station within transmission range.

As a result, 87.7 is never licensed as an FM frequency in North America. American broadcaster Pulse 87 operates an audio-only radio service over several transmitters, including WNYZ-LP in New York City and WDCN-LP in Washington, DC, which are officially licensed as channel 6 television stations.

LittleFloyd
07-26-2010, 03:58 PM
All I know is what I read:

Will you listen to such household broadcasting names as Dustin Comm, Joe Rico and Karl Allis?

How about a guy named JoJo?

They're part of the new look (or sound) on Denver radio's always- changing sports-talk scene that regularly resembles a game of broadcasting musical chairs.

So tape this roster report to your refrigerator. You will need it for regular reference.

Mile High Sports Radio (KCKK 1510 AM) — which lost Les Shapiro, Joel Klatt and Nate Kreckman to the Front Range Sports Network — introduces its new lineup today:

• 6-7 a.m. — Comm and Chris Bianchi. Both have been working behind the scenes as producers at Mile High Sports Radio.

• 7-9 a.m. — Eric Goodman, a Mile High broadcaster formerly on TV at KDVR-31, and Denver Post columnist Mark Kiszla, who might voice a strong opinion or two.

• 9-11 a.m. — Rico and Marcello Romano. Romano has been on Mile High Radio occasionally. Rico has been featured on a low-powered outlet in Castle Rock.

• 11 a.m.-1 p.m. — Gil Whiteley, whose gravelly voice has been a staple on Denver radio for years.

• 1-3 p.m. — Renaud Notaro, a Mile High Radio regular, and Allis, an offensive lineman during the Gary Barnett coaching era at CU.

• 3-6 p.m. — Mark McIntosh, a former TV sportscaster on KCNC-4, and Jimmy Doogan, who has been working with McIntosh.

Evenings include such provocative programming as "Scog the Sports Dog" and Kurt Hansen's "Race Central Radio."

Weekends feature occasional Sporting News Network talent and local programs dealing with tennis and martial arts.

A familiar name missing from the regular daily lineup: The Post's Jim Armstrong, who has the time- consuming job of covering the Rockies regularly. After spending a year with Shapiro in the 7-10 a.m. slot, Armstrong will provide interviews and commentary.

I can hardly wait to hear "Scog the Sports Dog," Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8 p.m.

The major news from the new Front Range Sports Network is the move from its announced sports programming on KCUV 102.3 FM to 87.7 on the FM dial beginning Tuesday. That FM signal, often used nationally as a low-powered TV signal, will operate under the name "The Ticket." The station's daily schedule, published last week, remains basically intact.

• 7-9 a.m. — Vic Lombardi and Gary Miller.

• 9 a.m.-noon — Chad Andrus and Patrick Watson.

• Noon-3 p.m. — Klatt and Charles (C.J.) Johnson.

• 3-7 p.m. — Shapiro, Rich Goins and JoJo, the last of those recently added to the lineup.

• 7-10 p.m. — Kreckman.

So who's JoJo? I haven't a clue.

Tom Manoogian, the station's general manager, was out of the city over the weekend and hasn't supplied background about JoJo.

In a news release, Front Range Sports claims The Ticket will provide regional and national college football on Saturdays along with NFL games every Sunday during the regular season.

Meanwhile, things are relatively stable on KKFN 104.3 FM (The Fan) and KPEN 1600 AM, stations operated by Lincoln Financial Media.

The major addition is Mark Schlereth, a former Broncos guard and now an NFL analyst for ESPN. He will join The Fan on Aug. 2 and team with former Broncos defensive end Alfred Williams and Darren McKee (D-Mac) during the 4-7 p.m. time period.

The last time I looked — or heard — Irv and Joe still were the afternoon stars on 1600 and Sandy Clough was working the evening shift in erudite fashion on The Fan.

oubronco
07-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Wow, I read this and my car stereo won't tune below 87.9:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/87.7_FM

In North America
87.75 MHz is a frequency-modulated audio subcarrier used by all NTSC-M analog channel 6 television stations. Along the frequency spectrum it is situated directly below the North American 88-108 MHz FM broadcast band. With the FM broadcast band covering the 87.5-108 MHz range in most other nations, only a minority of FM radios sold in North America would exclude the 87.7 frequency. FM radios with the capability to tune in 87.7 FM therefore will pick up the audio feed of a channel 6 analog television station within transmission range.

As a result, 87.7 is never licensed as an FM frequency in North America. American broadcaster Pulse 87 operates an audio-only radio service over several transmitters, including WNYZ-LP in New York City and WDCN-LP in Washington, DC, which are officially licensed as channel 6 television stations.

Hilarious! dude that sucks

scorpio
07-26-2010, 04:24 PM
So who's JoJo? I haven't a clue.

I'm guessing

http://www.kdvr.com/media/photo/2010-01/44679837.jpg

Triplelefthook
07-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Stink will be a great addition.

DMAC is worthless, he literally knows nothing about anything useful. Alfred knows football and brings a good players perspective on things but when he gets outside of that scope he is kind of a buffoon as well.

problem is when Hastings was with Al, he could keep Al in check but DMAC is so worthless Al just talks over him. it's like the blind leading the blind.

Mike Evans knows a little more than DMAC, but not much. Oren doesn't know much either - he is a Jim Rome Clone, that pretty much says all you need to know about him.

Clough knows his stuff, but should be writing columns, not stuttering his way thru a radio show

Triplelefthook
07-27-2010, 08:56 AM

very well said on both counts. +1 on Cecil getting his own show. Al was good with Hastings keeping him in line.

crush17
07-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Great to hear Vic & Gary on the FM dial today. They sounded great. Welcome back, fellas. And good luck to "The Ticket" :)

sutoazul
07-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Anyway we can get that online??

spdirty
07-27-2010, 08:40 PM

Please, dude, if I can give you any advice as a listener. Please please please stick to sports. You always have every time Ive listened to you, but please do that. The fastest way for a sports talk host to get me to change the dial is when they veer off into irrelevant crap like reading the obits (Irv and Joe), stinky feet and peeing in the shower (Scott and Al) and being a clueless idiot who acts like a 13 year old that just hit puberty (D-Mac). You have damn good football takes, especially fantasy football, and I'm thrilled that you have finally gotten your own show though 5-7 am is gay Ill definitely be listening on the weekends with the better timeslot.

But congrats. And hopefully you will get a better timeslot on the weekdays in the near future.

BMarsh615
07-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Anyway we can get that online??

You can listen to Vic and Gary at viclombardi.com.

chawknz
07-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Nevermind. My car stereo (Pioneer) can't even go that low. The lowest I get is 87.9

Gee, awesome. hmmm...

BigPlayShay
07-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Nevermind. My car stereo (Pioneer) can't even go that low. The lowest I get is 87.9

Gee, awesome. hmmm...

Pioneer here too. Same issue. Lame.