PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo's Broncos fantasy preview

Champagne Powder
07-19-2010, 12:42 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Juggernaut-Index-No-25-The-Denver-Broncos;_ylt=AmNEFAyDgRfUJZ69Vzv6ndC5bZ8u?urn=fant asy,256203

In terms of overall team fantasy value, the Broncos are ranked 25th in the NFL.

tsiguy96
07-19-2010, 01:03 PM
sounds about right, no real fantasy stars on this team except MAYBE knowshon this year. i wouldnt touch their WR or QBs except for backups.

Tombstone RJ
07-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Blah, fantasy football is for the birds...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Blah, fantasy football is for the birds...

Yeah. Millions upon millions of football-rabid birds.

/rolleyes

Br0nc0Buster
07-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Id be fine with Orton
I had him last year and started him quite a bit and he did well for the most part

I plan on grabbing him as a backup but I will prolly play him when the matchups are favorable

I drafted Moreno last year and that did not work out for me

Los Broncos
07-19-2010, 01:40 PM
I stay away from Denver players for the most part.

Orton wouldn't be a bad backup tho I guess.

Rabb
07-19-2010, 01:53 PM

me also, I can't let the homer in me sway my team

the ONLY 3 exceptions I have ever had were our defense last season which I picked up for a bye week and it worked out ok for a couple weeks, Eddie Royal as a rookie (deep league, slim pickings at WR and I needed a backup) and Matt Prater as well was my main kicker

gunns
07-19-2010, 04:56 PM

I do too. Had Champ a couple of years ago and he did great but that's it.

OCBronco
07-21-2010, 03:06 PM
I played Fantasy Football for the first time last season, and it was a great reminder for why I don't gamble. You can have what you think is the best team on paper, and there is enough quirky strangeness in the season that it doesn't matter.

A great example from last year: based on what I saw in the preseason, I grabbed Eddie Royal thinking that he was going to be the Wes Welker player in the Patriots offense. Turned out that wasn't the case. But it may be true this year, you never know. I also picked up Ricky Williams on a flyer in a late round, and he turned out to be one of my more valuable players by season's end.

Point is: there is almost no meaningful way to make accurate projections of this sort. The fantasy rags know this, so they just pump out a bunch of conventional wisdom on the topic. But, of course, conventional wisdom is pretty much worthless, as well.

Popps
07-21-2010, 03:42 PM
I played Fantasy Football for the first time last season, and it was a great reminder for why I don't gamble. You can have what you think is the best team on paper, and there is enough quirky strangeness in the season that it doesn't matter.

A great example from last year: based on what I saw in the preseason, I grabbed Eddie Royal thinking that he was going to be the Wes Welker player in the Patriots offense. Turned out that wasn't the case. But it may be true this year, you never know. I also picked up Ricky Williams on a flyer in a late round, and he turned out to be one of my more valuable players by season's end.

Point is: there is almost no meaningful way to make accurate projections of this sort. The fantasy rags know this, so they just pump out a bunch of conventional wisdom on the topic. But, of course, conventional wisdom is pretty much worthless, as well.

Yea, but like poker... there's so much skill involved that you find the same people win over and over. That's not an accident. Over the long haul, some people are just better at it than others.

I like playing in my league, but I have to admit... I'm tired of hearing people talk about it. Nothing worse than trying to watch an important game at a sports bar and hearing some jagov cheering for not for the game, but because his back-up tight end scored a 2 pt conversion.

Fantasy football is fun, but the rule should be that you're not allowed to talk to anyone outside of your league about it, ever. Dullsville.

Tombstone RJ
07-21-2010, 06:14 PM

/rolleyes

that's a lot of birds...

Archer81
07-21-2010, 06:27 PM

/rolleyes

Millions of people voted for Obama...look how thats turning out.

:Broncos:

watermock
07-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Other than Royal, who may rebound on need, Moreno, jeepers, this team on paper is both old AND a project.

I'd pick up Moreno as a second RB, and Royal somewhere, that's about it.

There doesn't seem to be that much interest here the past few years.

Broncobiv
07-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Nothing worse than trying to watch an important game at a sports bar and hearing some jagov cheering for not for the game, but because his back-up tight end scored a 2 pt conversion.
I'll try to keep it down next time. Sorry.

Archer81
07-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Other than Royal, who may rebound on need, Moreno, jeepers, this team on paper is both old AND a project.

I'd pick up Moreno as a second RB, and Royal somewhere, that's about it.

There doesn't seem to be that much interest here the past few years.

LT-Clady- 3 yrs NFL exp.
LG- Beadles- Rookie
C- Walton-Rookie
RG- Kuper-5 yrs NFL exp.
RT- Harris-4 yrs NFL exp.
QB-Orton-6 yrs NFL exp
RB: Moreno- 2 yrs NFL exp
FB: Larsen-3 yrs exp
WR: Gaffney- 10 yrs
WR: Thomas-Rookie
WR: Royal- 3 yrs
TE: Graham-9 yrs

average NFL starting exp: 3.5 yrs

DE: Bannan- 9 yrs
NT: Williams- 13 yrs
DE: Green- 9 yrs
OLB:Ayres- 2nd yr
ILB: Williams-7 yrs
ILB: Griesen-9 yrs
OLB: Dumervil-5 yrs
CB: Bailey-12 yrs
CB: Goodman-9 yrs
S: Dawkins- 15 yrs
S: Hill-10 yrs

average NFL experience: 9.09 yrs

K: Prater-4 yrs
P: Colquitt- 1 yr

average nfl experience: 2.5 yrs

62 players on the roster right now have 5 years of NFL experience or less.

OCBronco
07-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Yea, but like poker... there's so much skill involved that you find the same people win over and over. That's not an accident. Over the long haul, some people are just better at it than others.

I like playing in my league, but I have to admit... I'm tired of hearing people talk about it. Nothing worse than trying to watch an important game at a sports bar and hearing some jagov cheering for not for the game, but because his back-up tight end scored a 2 pt conversion.

Fantasy football is fun, but the rule should be that you're not allowed to talk to anyone outside of your league about it, ever. Dullsville.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong. I plan to strategize and do research for my league this year, just for fun. The biggest thing I found was to pay attention and see who starts fast out of the gate, who you can pick up on the waiver wire. Some people are slow to the punch that way.

Mostly, the league I participate in is just an excuse for friends to trash talk each other mercilessly every week. Good times.

One final thing: I'm also tired of hearing people talk about the best teams for fantasy sports as though they were the best teams, period.

Mountain Bronco
07-22-2010, 07:59 AM
The funny thing is the Broncos best fantasy player was not even mentioned. Prater will be a top 5 kicker with his fairly good consistency and great range. Plus, I see us settling for FG a lot with the way the offense is constructed.

broncofan2438
07-22-2010, 08:37 AM
The funny thing is the Broncos best fantasy player was not even mentioned. Prater will be a top 5 kicker with his fairly good consistency and great range. Plus, I see us settling for FG a lot with the way the offense is constructed.

So true. Prater is quietly going to become a top 5 kicker this year. Glad we have that nailed down

Chris
07-22-2010, 09:22 AM
I've given up on fantasy this year. It's too stressful more than it is fun... it started to spoil game day for me. I want to focus on the W... our W then get the hell out of the bar and enjoy my Sunday.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Millions of people voted for Obama...look how thats turning out.

Oh good. Predictable political derail. Good times.

Millions of people voted Bush. Twice.

Archer81
07-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh good. Predictable political derail. Good times.

Millions of people voted Bush. Twice.

Yes.

And at least when Bush said something was going to happen or be done...it was.