PDA

View Full Version : Broncos website gets a new look!

HEAV
07-16-2010, 07:44 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/

I hadn't visited the site in a few weeks, so when I did today I was surprised to see the update.

Damn nice background image also!
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3774/gblbg.jpg (http://img257.imageshack.us/i/gblbg.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

KevinJames
07-16-2010, 07:57 PM
that is amazing

broncosteven
07-16-2010, 08:28 PM
The horses need to sport TEBOWNERS!

MaloCS
07-16-2010, 10:20 PM
From a web design perspective the new site is terrible. It's way too freaking busy.

Eeek!

Popps
07-16-2010, 11:31 PM
I think it looks great.

Taco John
07-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Love it love it love it...

Los Broncos
07-17-2010, 12:08 AM
That is sick!

watermock
07-17-2010, 12:42 AM
One time, in a Galaxy far far away, (about a 1/4 mile) I played football, circa '65 or so, anyway, there was this white horse, and having no fillies, we were amused at his eenormous appendege, as he was apparently aroused by our game and he ha no fillies.

Anyway, someone shot at is, (everyone had a bb gun and it was generally known that you should learn to handle larger weapons.

Anyway, I didn't fire the shot,, but after about 10 tries, he his the stallion right on the penis, which was extended and he went crazy...

He din't do anything .

Well, we did have this brize bull once on a farm. We had like 14 farms via leveage.

We made a corrall made of railroad ties to hold him.

watermock
07-17-2010, 12:43 AM
I don't recognize that mountain as native.

Hotwheelz
07-17-2010, 01:48 AM
One time, in a Galaxy far far away, (about a 1/4 mile) I played football, circa '65 or so, anyway, there was this white horse, and having no fillies, we were amused at his eenormous appendege, as he was apparently aroused by our game and he ha no fillies.

Anyway, someone shot at is, (everyone had a bb gun and it was generally known that you should learn to handle larger weapons.

Anyway, I didn't fire the shot,, but after about 10 tries, he his the stallion right on the penis, which was extended and he went crazy...

He din't do anything .

Well, we did have this brize bull once on a farm. We had like 14 farms via leveage.

:deadhorse:

watermock
07-17-2010, 02:24 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LFu0WZMTxr0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LFu0WZMTxr0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>.

Archer81
07-17-2010, 02:48 AM

He din't do anything .

Uhh...

Yeah...

:Broncos:

Hotwheelz
07-17-2010, 02:49 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LFu0WZMTxr0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LFu0WZMTxr0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>.

how you managed to turn this into a thread about bulls is beyond me.

watermock
07-17-2010, 03:11 AM
Can you smell the Bullshiat coming out of Dove Valley yet?

BroncsRule
07-17-2010, 07:16 AM

He din't do anything .

Wow - that's some Classic Mock right there - glad to see you getting your Game back big guy!! 8')

Bigdawg26
07-17-2010, 07:50 AM
He sounds delicious!! It's funny they are playing the background music from the "Beef... its what's for dinner" commercial!!

watermock
07-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Bulls are not for eating.

They actually pay cowboys to let them sniff a cow, then jack them off for semen.

What a country!

Steers are.

If that MF'r didn't have railroad ties and electric fence between him and Arnold, he'd kill him for teasing him in a new york minute.

HAT
07-17-2010, 10:33 AM

He din't do anything .

/mane

PRBronco
07-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Omfg still no wallpapers section. They used to have the best wallpaper section. Still an improvement though.

Requiem
07-17-2010, 11:04 AM
From a web design perspective the new site is terrible. It's way too freaking busy.

Eeek!

Yep, mentioned this to them on Mania.

No focal point to the design, just a bunch of crap all over the place with an overuse of the official Broncos font.

With the advancements in web design and all related things, this website is lightyears behind. This is something I'd of expected to see pop up and be "creative" about five years ago.

Apparently, the NFL has people working on all the sites to make them sort of uniform.

Absolutely sucks. Whoever is getting paid for this work is lucky to have work.

Taco John
07-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Yep, mentioned this to them on Mania.

No focal point to the design, just a bunch of crap all over the place with an overuse of the official Broncos font.

With the advancements in web design and all related things, this website is lightyears behind. This is something I'd of expected to see pop up and be "creative" about five years ago.

Apparently, the NFL has people working on all the sites to make them sort of uniform.

Absolutely sucks. Whoever is getting paid for this work is lucky to have work.

That's a ridiculous and embarassing review of someone else's design. I hate to say it (because I like you), but you should be ashamed.

There is absolutely a focal point to the design. It's hard for me to believe that anyone who prides themselves on knowing design can't clearly see it without having to strain themselves at all.

There are three clear points in this design that carry the eye to the focal point. A line on the left side, a line on the right side, and an ingenious use of a gradient that draws the eyes into the sweet spot.

Observe:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6982/awesomebroncosdesign.jpg

Maybe intead of being critical of others work using invalid criticisms that anyone who knows design would be able to counter you on with no trouble at all, you should have just admitted that you are jealous that you're not being paid to do what the designers here were paid to do.

It's a great design. Yes, a little busy, but that's not a problem for a site intended for sports fans who love team related icons.

Taco John
07-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Also, for what it's worth, it looks as though most all of the newly designed sites have the same focal lines - though without the gradient.

oubronco
07-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Pretty cool

mwill07
07-17-2010, 08:31 PM
That's a ridiculous and embarassing review of someone else's design. I hate to say it (because I like you), but you should be ashamed.

There is absolutely a focal point to the design. It's hard for me to believe that anyone who prides themselves on knowing design can't clearly see it without having to strain themselves at all.

There are three clear points in this design that carry the eye to the focal point. A line on the left side, a line on the right side, and an ingenious use of a gradient that draws the eyes into the sweet spot.

Observe:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6982/awesomebroncosdesign.jpg

Maybe intead of being critical of others work using invalid criticisms that anyone who knows design would be able to counter you on with no trouble at all, you should have just admitted that you are jealous that you're not being paid to do what the designers here were paid to do.

It's a great design. Yes, a little busy, but that's not a problem for a site intended for sports fans who love team related icons.

the background image has an orange to blue gradient going on as well. Let's also notice that the Horse and Dawkins make a "V" shape, leading the eye to the center of the page.

I know nothing about web design, but to me, this is along the lines of how Bing using a nice background quality image...google was revolutionary with their use of white space to keep everything uncluttered, and Bing launched with a nice, high quality image as a counterpunch...I like it.

Taco John
07-17-2010, 09:12 PM
the background image has an orange to blue gradient going on as well. Let's also notice that the Horse and Dawkins make a "V" shape, leading the eye to the center of the page.

Yes, and all this too...

KipCorrington25
07-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Arena football franchises that are out of business are hating that site, brutal...

dbfan21
07-19-2010, 06:01 AM
I like it. I think it pays homage to the Rocky Mtns (synonymous with Broncos football) and is pretty easy to navigate. It's better than the Orange, Blue & Black? colors used on the previous version. What was up with that?

RhymesayersDU
07-19-2010, 06:25 AM
I'm not super in love with it. I'd love just a plain blue background on it, personally.

With that said, I think it's easily 10x better than the old site. Was not really a fan of that.

And they get super bonus points from me for not having video or audio that plays right away when I browse the site. I know this sounds stupid, but sometimes I think these websites do too much with audio and video and all that. I wish we could take a step back, which is obviously an inherent contradiction to the internet where we're always moving forward in some form or fashion.

Steve Sewell
07-19-2010, 06:30 AM
Can you smell the Bullshiat coming out of Dove Valley yet?

The smell coming from "Hot Springs, Ouachitah" is so foul that anything from Dove Valley is hard to detect.

MaloCS
07-19-2010, 05:43 PM
:spit:

When you HAVE to explain the site lines the design has failed. When you have to explain the visual aesthetics the design has failed. When the background of the web site competes for prominence with the content of the web site the design has failed. When you rely on "bling" to accomplish interest then the design has failed. When the user has to search for items then the design has failed.

This web site get's a big capital "F" in terms of design. It's horrible and just because there's a big horse in the background doesn't make it successful. The web site hurts my eyes and makes me want to leave. Whoever designed this web site needs another few years of experience.

In the advertising industry there are ads called "circus" ads. These ads get their name due to the fact that there is so much going on that it's like sitting in the first row of a circus; it's pure and utter mind overload. This web site is a "circus" ad; it's horrible.

Just because you pour syrup on **** don't make it pancakes.

Eldorado
07-19-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't recognize that mountain as native.

That's 'The Diamond'. The east face of Longs Peak. Which is in Rocky Mountain National Park.