PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Van Pelt

uk bronco
07-16-2010, 05:34 AM
BVP is now playing ball in the UK for the leicester falcons (who beat my team 7-6 in the national semis last year) as he is in the UK as part of his wine merchant business.

We have a bye week this week so I will be going on a 12 hour road trip to see him taking on the Oxford saints on sunday.

Will take lots of pics and post them on here afterwards and hope to get my Bradley Van Pelt Shirt signed by him.

While he didnt make that big an impact in the NFL i'm sure he's gonna dominate the league here. He is playing QB and free safety.

If any other UK based guys wanna come see what BVP is doing with himself now the game is at
Abingdon Rugby Club
Lambrick Way
Preston Road
Abingdon
OX14 5TJ

cmhargrove
07-16-2010, 06:22 AM
BVP is now playing ball in the UK for the leicester falcons (who beat my team 7-6 in the national semis last year) as he is in the UK as part of his wine merchant business.

We have a bye week this week so I will be going on a 12 hour road trip to see him taking on the Oxford saints on sunday.

Will take lots of pics and post them on here afterwards and hope to get my Bradley Van Pelt Shirt signed by him.

While he didnt make that big an impact in the NFL i'm sure he's gonna dominate the league here. He is playing QB and free safety.

If any other UK based guys wanna come see what BVP is doing with himself now the game is at
Abingdon Rugby Club
Lambrick Way
Preston Road
Abingdon
OX14 5TJ

Wow, that sounds like my son's high school team. How many players do they have on the roster?

illbroncsfn
07-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Sounds like BVP is living out John Grisham's book Playing for Pizza.....

uk bronco
07-16-2010, 07:37 AM
football in the uk is nothing like the states most teams would lose to top high school teams. I've been playing for about ten years over here but due to back injuries have had to switch to coaching now. I played centre at a maximum weight of 260lbs but could still play effectively once i'd dropped a lot of weight at 180lbs so its not really a high level. I'm OC at glasgow university and we get quite a few american exchange students some of whom havent played any football bar a bit of flag and can be studs for us. Football here is really about getting the best 11 guys you can on the field at one time and BVP is gonna be one of the best athletes playing over here so it makes sense to use his skills as a FS and QB.

Will let you know how he gets on

cmhargrove
07-16-2010, 07:41 AM
football in the uk is nothing like the states most teams would lose to top high school teams. I've been playing for about ten years over here but due to back injuries have had to switch to coaching now. I played centre at a maximum weight of 260lbs but could still play effectively once i'd dropped a lot of weight at 180lbs so its not really a high level. I'm OC at glasgow university and we get quite a few american exchange students some of whom havent played any football bar a bit of flag and can be studs for us. Football here is really about getting the best 11 guys you can on the field at one time and BVP is gonna be one of the best athletes playing over here so it makes sense to use his skills as a FS and QB.

Good luck!

The Moops
07-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Isn't it Bradlee?

I never thought he got a decent NFL shot . . . I thought he had potential.

Ray Finkle
07-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Isn't it Bradlee?

I never thought he got a decent NFL shot . . . I thought he had potential.

wasn't his biggest issue that he made Jake Plummer look....well brilliant when it came to intelligence?

SouthStndJunkie
07-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Nice to see that Stiffler is still doing his thing.

ksBRONCOfan
07-16-2010, 10:54 AM
wasn't his biggest issue that he made Jake Plummer look....well brilliant when it came to intelligence?

In Stefan Fatsis' book he made it sound like he couldn't handle the mental side of the NFL. The playbook and everything else were too much for him to grasp.

24champ
07-16-2010, 10:55 AM
In Stefan Fatsis' book he made it sound like he couldn't handle the mental side of the NFL. The playbook and everything else were too much for him to grasp.

Which is why coaches around the NFL suggested he move to Safety...

Mogulseeker
07-16-2010, 10:59 AM

Ohh I wanna play... how far is Glasgow from Maastricht via train?

Maybe I can come out for a few practices/games. I was a pretty effective FS in HS. I'm not big, about 5'8" 170... but I'm usually the fastest player on any team I've played on, and I can hit since most of my mass is in my legs.

uk bronco
07-16-2010, 11:59 AM

Maybe I can come out for a few practices/games. I was a pretty effective FS in HS. I'm not big, about 5'8" 170... but I'm usually the fastest player on any team I've played on, and I can hit since most of my mass is in my legs.

pretty far you might wanna check out the maastricht wildcats tho http://www.wildcats.nl/ their season is over but theres always next year

broncosteven
07-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Which is why coaches around the NFL suggested he move to Safety...

I thought he could have done some damage at safety also.

Kaylore
07-16-2010, 12:24 PM
isn't it bradlee?

I never thought he got a decent nfl shot . . . I thought he had potential.

LOL

That's awesome.

GoBroncos DownUnder
07-16-2010, 02:15 PM

Maybe someone should start an "American Football NOT in America" thread ... what the hell it's the off-season.
I played "GridIron" for 13 years in Australia ... Over the years, I played on the same team as a current NFL player, and played against a current NFL head coach! 8')

Mogulseeker
07-16-2010, 03:40 PM
pretty far you might wanna check out the maastricht wildcats tho http://www.wildcats.nl/ their season is over but theres always next year

When is the season? I'll be living in Maastricht from August 20th to December 28th. It would be so awesome to play some American Football in Europe.

Hogan11
07-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Well, it's better than playing in the UFL I suppose

Mogulseeker
07-16-2010, 03:49 PM
I was interested, and sent the team an e-mail... 'till I saw the team rules:

5. DRUGS & ALCOHOL & STERIODS- There will be no tolerance for the use of drugs, alcohol or steriods. If you have a problem contact a coach or Astrid. Please do not drink around the team or at team events.

Seriously, come on. It's the NETHERLANDS!

And it looks like the season just ended, and starts back up pretty much right as I leave to come back to the US.

broncocalijohn
07-18-2010, 12:09 PM
I was interested, and sent the team an e-mail... 'till I saw the team rules:

5. DRUGS & ALCOHOL & STERIODS- There will be no tolerance for the use of drugs, alcohol or steriods. If you have a problem contact a coach or Astrid. Please do not drink around the team or at team events.

Seriously, come on. It's the NETHERLANDS!

And it looks like the season just ended, and starts back up pretty much right as I leave to come back to the US.

It says not to do alcohol around the team. As for drugs, I am sure they test.

Mogulseeker
07-18-2010, 03:02 PM
It says not to do alcohol around the team. As for drugs, I am sure they test.

...you you can't go out for a beer with the team after a victory... in a country smudged right in between Belgium and Germany - where most of the best beers in the world are made.

uk bronco
07-19-2010, 04:57 AM
well after a 820 mile round trip it was definately worth it. Had car troubles going down so only got to see the second half but it was amazing to see such a good qb playing in this country. he was let down by his wrs a lot but when they werent open he scrambled like a champ. he gave up a few sacks but i think that was more down to his tackles letting their men through than his play. he came and talked to us after the game for ages and plans to come to scotland to visit us now

Cito Pelon
07-19-2010, 08:08 AM
well after a 820 mile round trip it was definately worth it. Had car troubles going down so only got to see the second half but it was amazing to see such a good qb playing in this country. he was let down by his wrs a lot but when they werent open he scrambled like a champ. he gave up a few sacks but i think that was more down to his tackles letting their men through than his play. he came and talked to us after the game for ages and plans to come to scotland to visit us now

Sounds like you had a good time. Cheers. That BVP has a charming kind of way about him. I hope it's a good fit for him, apparently he still has the competitive spirit.

HorseHead
07-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Have a pint for us my friend...

Mogulseeker
07-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Have a pint for us my friend...

Just not with the team...

BroncosinDC
07-19-2010, 05:37 PM

I was usually the dirtiest player on any team I ever played on...DRHS for life yo.

Mogulseeker
07-19-2010, 06:57 PM
I was usually the dirtiest player on any team I ever played on...DRHS for life yo.

You chop-blocked me in practice one.