watermock
07-13-2010, 11:54 PM
This is bigger than Tebow!!

extralife
07-14-2010, 01:08 AM
awful, desperation move.

cutthemdown
07-14-2010, 02:47 AM
Not a bad player but just not sure nuggies doing enough to ever get over the hump. Nothing that makes Melo want to stay.

Seems like nuggies will lose him eventually. Sort of sucks I would like to see them keep challenging the lakers.

RhymesayersDU
07-14-2010, 07:15 AM
Unsure how I feel. We need more scoring in the front court, so I like having a PF who can go for 17/night which Harrington did last year. Nobody upfront can score consistently for us. Not Kenyon, not Nene, and definitely not Birdman. We needed front court help badly. If Kenyon/Birdman can get healthy, the rotation of Harrington/Nene/KMart/Birdman might not be too bad. Plus Harrington is only 30, so IMO if the moves pans out, the Nuggies should get some good years out of him. We shall see.

Is Harrington the answer? I doubt it. But it may actually be a step in the right direction. He signed for the mid-level, which is a manageable contract, plus next year Kenyon Martin's hideous contract finally comes off the books. I haven't seen the FA list, but hopefully that can turn into something good, a true #2, whatever.

Cautiously optimistic.

Rabb
07-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Not a bad player but just not sure nuggies doing enough to ever get over the hump. Nothing that makes Melo want to stay.

Seems like nuggies will lose him eventually. Sort of sucks I would like to see them keep challenging the lakers.

yep, that ship is starting to sail I am afraid

problem is, now there is not much left in the market, Harrington was about the best that was left

either Melo is a loyal SOB, or we are going to be some sad pandas in 2011

Man-Goblin
07-14-2010, 07:29 AM
awful, desperation move.

Hardly.

It's not a world beating move; certainly not on the level of acquiring Al Jefferson for nothing from that doofus in Minnesota (**** you, Utah).

But Harrington is a good offensive player and not a bad defensive player. Wish he rebounded more, though.

And he's pretty good friends with Melo, from what I hear. So to say it does nothing to make him want to stay isn't true. The Nuggets are a better team because of this, but unfortunately the MLE is gone for the next two years.

spdirty
07-14-2010, 07:34 AM
If we could get Scola and Harrington then Id be happy. But just this is...OK, I guess.

Problem is, a year ago when they had the flexibility with the trade excemptions they did nothing. And now they are scrambling to get anything they can but they have absolutely no cap flexibility and they're just ****ed. Till next year, or unless they can find a trade partner for Martin.

:(

UberBroncoMan
07-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Shoulda gone for a real big man like Amare or Bosh. Would have traded Kenyon Martin in a sign and trade.

_Oro_
07-14-2010, 08:16 AM
Just excited to get Kenyon's contract off the books. That deal has screwed the nuggets for so many years.

azbroncfan
07-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Unsure how I feel. We need more scoring in the front court, so I like having a PF who can go for 17/night which Harrington did last year. Nobody upfront can score consistently for us. Not Kenyon, not Nene, and definitely not Birdman. We needed front court help badly. If Kenyon/Birdman can get healthy, the rotation of Harrington/Nene/KMart/Birdman might not be too bad. Plus Harrington is only 30, so IMO if the moves pans out, the Nuggies should get some good years out of him. We shall see.

Is Harrington the answer? I doubt it. But it may actually be a step in the right direction. He signed for the mid-level, which is a manageable contract, plus next year Kenyon Martin's hideous contract finally comes off the books. I haven't seen the FA list, but hopefully that can turn into something good, a true #2, whatever.

Cautiously optimistic.

I am just glad the Jazz got Jefferson over Harrington. It was looking like Harrington then the Jefferson deal fell into place. He is an upgrade over Boozer so I am happy about that.

montrose
07-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Not sure about this move, as sad as this sounds, at this point I think every move the Nugz make impacts Melo's decision to stay or go. I wonder what he's thinking right now.

Ray Finkle
07-14-2010, 09:02 AM
He stinks....he was a turd with the Knicks....

Homer Simpson
07-14-2010, 09:47 AM

problem is, now there is not much left in the market, Harrington was about the best that was left

I feel the Nuggs reached their peak in the last two years, Karl's cancer signified the end of the Nuggs being as dominant as they were going to be. I can't see 'Melo staying.

We always have at least one franchise doing pretty well though, and as the Nuggets slide into mediocrity I can see the Broncos start to dominate with Tebow... ok, I'm being optimistic as I can here.

RhymesayersDU
07-14-2010, 09:56 AM
I am just glad the Jazz got Jefferson over Harrington. It was looking like Harrington then the Jefferson deal fell into place. He is an upgrade over Boozer so I am happy about that.

Definitely. Al Jeff is real good. That was a great move by your team.

azbroncfan
07-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Definitely. Al Jeff is real good. That was a great move by your team.

Yeah I was laughing at all the reports about how Boozer was going to make Chicago's inside game real tough when in reality he is slasher once in awhile and mostly a jump shooter. Big Al is what we needed. Booze only played in the post 22 percent of the time and Big Al's is over 56 percent of the time. Plus he won't be rendered useless against Duncan or Gasol/Bynum.

RhymesayersDU
07-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Shoulda gone for a real big man like Amare or Bosh. Would have traded Kenyon Martin in a sign and trade.

Except nobody would have taken that contract for an injured player. I mean if a trade was available they should have done it I agree. But I highly doubt anybody wants him.

Maybe they unload his expiring deal at the deadline. Maybe.

Ray Finkle
07-14-2010, 10:42 AM

the NY rumor is he wants to got to the Knicks but wants to see how they play first with all the new pieces.

RhymesayersDU
07-14-2010, 10:46 AM
In other news:

Nuggs sign Anthony Carter and Shelden Williams.

I like Williams since he's 6'9' 250. We need size. He won't play a ton of minutes but its good to have big bodies.

Boyh for league minimum.

Hercules Rockefeller
07-14-2010, 11:07 AM
the NY rumor is he wants to got to the Knicks but wants to see how they play first with all the new pieces.

And 5 years ago we heard that Melo wanted to play for the Knicks and he'd never sign an extension with the Nuggets.

I'm sure that "rumor" popped up right after LeBron said "South Beach" last week.

Chris
07-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Further confirmation that pro basketball isn't fair and flat out sucks.

crush17
07-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Blow it up, this team's done. Pains me to say it, but wow. Terrible desperation move and guess what? Bird and Martin are OUT for the 1st part of the season. Gonna be sad to see Melo go... damn.

Ray Finkle
07-14-2010, 11:16 AM
And 5 years ago we heard that Melo wanted to play for the Knicks and he'd never sign an extension with the Nuggets.

I'm sure that "rumor" popped up right after LeBron said "South Beach" last week.

that was out before the Lebron issue.....If the Knicks ever become respectable again, they'll pull in the FA's again....I of course stopped watching the Knicks when Ewing was traded....Ewing, Starks, Mason, Oak were the reasons I watched.

cutthemdown
07-14-2010, 12:13 PM
pretty obvious Amare, Chris Paul, And Melo have plans to all be in NY.

Man who will be in west to challenge lakers? Who are the stars in the west? Nash getting old. Kobe even getting old.

Chris
07-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Imagine if every great player decided between the Giants, the Redskins and the Jets. How lame would that be? Very lame.

That is basketball right now.

Houshyamama
07-14-2010, 01:19 PM
What I want to know is, when is KMart out of here? I would bring him back for 5/year for his defense, but we need to clear a crap load of cap space if we want to keep Melo and rebuild a team around him to compete.

crush17
07-14-2010, 01:24 PM
He can opt out in 2011, contract ends in 2012.

Man-Goblin
07-14-2010, 01:24 PM
"The former New York Knicks backup tweeted: "I'm taking my Talents to the MILE HIGH.'"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5378520

LOL

At least he's funny.

azbroncfan
07-14-2010, 01:25 PM
KMART is what AK47 is to the Jazz, a bunch of dead cap space with too much money tied to an average player. Handcuffs.

Houshyamama
07-14-2010, 01:31 PM
He can opt out in 2011, contract ends in 2012.

Ugh. It's KILLING us. I don't want to go out and get another max contract, I just want to get good performance for the money. We're WASTING Melo's best years due to bad GMing.

crush17
07-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Ugh. It's KILLING us. I don't want to go out and get another max contract, I just want to get good performance for the money. We're WASTING Melo's best years due to bad GMing.

You're exactly right, and I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Melo stays past this season, or even 1/2 of this season is kidding themselves.

He's going to NY to be w/Stoudemire (WHO THE NUGGETS SHOULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO GET) and Chris Paul eventually.

Serious.

Houshyamama
07-14-2010, 01:45 PM
You're exactly right, and I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Melo stays past this season, or even 1/2 of this season is kidding themselves.

He's going to NY to be w/Stoudemire (WHO THE NUGGETS SHOULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO GET) and Chris Paul eventually.

Serious.

I don't know about that. Not signing his extension would be a big risk due to the likely owner-friendly CBA restructure.

crush17
07-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Sure. You could be right. But, what indication have you seen that he wants to stay? Hmm... tweeting a photoshopped pic of him with a Knicks jersey on, getting married in NY, went to Syracuse, etc etc... Knicks have ammo to get him too.

Guess we'll see.

Houshyamama
07-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Sure. You could be right. But, what indication have you seen that he wants to stay? Hmm... tweeting a photoshopped pic of him with a Knicks jersey on, getting married in NY, went to Syracuse, etc etc... Knicks have ammo to get him too.

Guess we'll see.

I have no doubt he'd like to play in NY. I just don't see him leaving that much money on the table. Here's hoping he's greedy.

Kaylore
07-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Just excited to get Kenyon's contract off the books. That deal has screwed the nuggets for so many years.

This.

Rabb
07-14-2010, 02:19 PM

Guess we'll see.

I totally agree with you that he isn't staying but where he got married and where he went to school have zippy to do with anything

he is from the east coast, she is also

BroncoLifer
07-14-2010, 02:59 PM

Guess we'll see.

Also, he was born in Brooklyn and lived there until he was 8. That isn't the be-all or end-all, but it adds one more element.

Irish Stout
07-14-2010, 03:01 PM

Guess we'll see.

Hey I've been trying to see the tweeted pic, you got any link to that tweet? Looks like he pulled it off his twitter.

crush17
07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Hey I've been trying to see the tweeted pic, you got any link to that tweet? Looks like he pulled it off his twitter.

wow I've looked all over just now and can't find the original either!! must have been taken down all over the place...crazy.

extralife
07-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Hardly.

It's not a world beating move; certainly not on the level of acquiring Al Jefferson for nothing from that doofus in Minnesota (**** you, Utah).

But Harrington is a good offensive player and not a bad defensive player. Wish he rebounded more, though.

And he's pretty good friends with Melo, from what I hear. So to say it does nothing to make him want to stay isn't true. The Nuggets are a better team because of this, but unfortunately the MLE is gone for the next two years.

Yeah, any time you can lock up a power forward that can't play defense, has never played for a winning team, gets you five rebounds a game and chucks up a bunch of 3s for $7 million a year until he's 35, you gotta make that move.

bombay
07-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Still need a big man. Biedrens or whover. Kamen.

A center.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-14-2010, 05:31 PM
I totally agree with you that he isn't staying but where he got married and where he went to school have zippy to do with anything

he is from the east coast, she is also

I think he'd love to play in NYC...he's intimated this enough too...but yeah, thats a lot of money. But if Amare, CP3, and Anthony all bolt for NYC, its a good team...especially with Gallo and Randolph there. But it'd be **** for the NBA

TheChamp24
07-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Imagine if every great player decided between the Giants, the Redskins and the Jets. How lame would that be? Very lame.

I'd say more like if every great player decided between the 49ers, the Dolphins, the Giants or the Jets.

Pretty much why I don't like basketball. Its hard to build a winner when guys bolt for the contenders once they get in their prime.
Shaq bolted, Bosh bolted, Lebron bolted, Nash was kind of tossed aside, Amare bolted.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-14-2010, 05:58 PM
I'd say more like if every great player decided between the 49ers, the Dolphins, the Giants or the Jets.

Pretty much why I don't like basketball. Its hard to build a winner when guys bolt for the contenders once they get in their prime.
Shaq bolted, Bosh bolted, Lebron bolted, Nash was kind of tossed aside, Amare bolted.

Its a pretty recent trend though...well confined to this year. It was more apparently in hockey

spdirty
07-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Nuggs sign Anthony Carter.

:garcia:

RhymesayersDU
07-14-2010, 06:52 PM

This is hilariously false. It's a knee-jerk reaction by somebody who hates the league and who will take pot-shots at it whenever he can. (See you earlier reply: "Further confirmation that pro basketball isn't fair and flat out sucks.")

There is so much talent in the league right now it's absurd. I know that everything is shaken up due to all the recent movement, but contrary to popular beliefs, there are more than 2 teams in this league.

OKC and Chicago are on the rise. Milwaukee might have something going. I'll give Boston 1 more year of being highly competitive. Orlando has talent. The Jazz will really be good with their trade for Al Jefferson. The Nuggies will at least be competitive. Bad end to last year but still have Chauncey and Carmelo. Just because one or two players change teams doesn't mean "all" the talent is in one area. There are so many really-good-to-great players all over the league right now.

Now, maybe it does end up as LA versus Miami next year. Who knows. But there is going to be some good competition next year, and the playoffs will again be really good.

Chris
07-14-2010, 07:11 PM
I hope you're right. Football is my one and only sports love. I really know very little about the Lebron situation but as a New Yorker (nuggets fan first) I'm pretty bummed that the top 3 fas went to the same damn team.

strafen
07-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Hardly.

And he's pretty good friends with Melo, from what I hear. So to say it does nothing to make him want to stay isn't true. The Nuggets are a better team because of this, but unfortunately the MLE is gone for the next two years.His stats are actually not that bad.
I hope he can help in the font court. We need a power forward and a true center badly!

TonyR
07-14-2010, 08:54 PM

Stoudemire had microfracture surgery so I wouldn't touch him. And Paul is also rumored to be part of the LeBron/Wade/Bosh group that vowed to play together although I'm not sure Miami could ever afford to add Paul.

bombay
07-14-2010, 09:35 PM
I seriously doubt that 'LaLa' will allow Carmelo to walk away from a guaranteed $65 M in the face of labor uncertainty and the $11 M New York appears to have available for him next season. Or that he would be foolish enough to do it. Particularly to play with an injury prone Nene upgrade and a bunch of bums.

spdirty
07-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Well, if he does go to NY, I hope he enjoys paying those taxes.

azbroncfan
07-14-2010, 10:02 PM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11575269

Another good signing for the Jazz. I hate losing Matthews but screw Portland and their poison pills they keep signing. They can have him for 35 mil over 5 years.

montrose
07-14-2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11575269

Another good signing for the Jazz. I hate losing Matthews but screw Portland and their poison pills they keep signing. They can have him for 35 mil over 5 years.

Utah's having a really nice offseason, IMO.