PDA

View Full Version : AFC West Breakout Players

Jesterhole
07-10-2010, 05:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/14512/breaking-out-in-the-afc-west

Blurbs about Royal and Moreno.

Knowshon Moreno, running back, Denver: There also is a lot of pressure on Moreno, the No. 12 overall pick last year. After starting the season fairly well, Moreno nosedived dramatically. He was terrible in the final month of the season as Denver fell out of the playoff race after starting 6-0. He had 173 rushing yards and averaged 2.7 yards a carry in the final four games of the season. He is the starter again, but he must show he can carry the load for the entire season.

Eddie Royal, receiver, Denver: No one would have expected Royal to be on this list a year ago. After his rookie campaign, Royal already looked established. He had 91 catches and was a spark plug for Mike Shanahan’s offense in 2008 after being a second-round pick. Shanahan’s decision to draft Royal over DeSean Jackson seemed warranted. Now that pick is being questioned after Royal stumbled in Josh McDaniels’ offense, netting only 37 catches for 345 yards last season. Royal, who was the targeted receiver 79 times last season opposed to 129 times the season before, will probably play in the slot this season. Denver thinks he can bounce back. If not, he just may end up being a small backup receiver/return man, which is acceptable, but so much more was expected from him after his breakout year.

~Crash~
07-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Royal might catch a football if the ball was were it needs to be .

Bigdawg26
07-10-2010, 06:05 PM

Amen to that brother!!

Br0nc0Buster
07-10-2010, 06:28 PM

Marshall didnt seem to have a problem with it

LRtagger
07-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Neither did Gaffney

Popps
07-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Marshall didnt seem to have a problem with it

Exactly.

Gaffney seemed to be fine when Marshall was out, too.

broncswin
07-10-2010, 07:37 PM
you gotta throw the ball to royal, in order for him to catch it...I am not sure if Orton knew he was out there half the time...Orton locks on to a wr way too much!

HAT
07-10-2010, 08:04 PM
You gotta run the correct routes if you want the ball thrown to you. Royal will fine. Sophomore slump + new system learning curve = down year. Orton had nothing to do with it.

jmz313
07-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Orton makes a better throw to royal in the Skins game... 14pt swing, and even Simms doesn't lose it. Royal was forgotten last year. gaffney got the catches when he was replaceing marshall as orton always knew where he'd be.

Tombstone RJ
07-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Orton is going to be that much better this coming season and I think Royal will be more in tune with the offense. I really think Royal comes back strong and helps the Broncos score a lot of points.

Archer81
07-10-2010, 10:21 PM
you gotta throw the ball to royal, in order for him to catch it...I am not sure if Orton knew he was out there half the time...Orton locks on to a wr way too much!

I think thats more by design then by a lack of vision from the QB.

:Broncos:

tsiguy96
07-10-2010, 10:50 PM
daniel graham has a higher career YPC than eddie royal. royals rookie season was a lot of dumpoff throws. i love the guy, but come on, he has to be better this year.

KipCorrington25
07-10-2010, 11:33 PM
I love that they call Knowshow "terrible" finally someone has the onions to call it like it's obvious.

Doggcow
07-11-2010, 12:27 AM
I love that they call Knowshow "terrible" finally someone has the onions to call it like it's obvious.

Or someone that watched enough of the Broncos to realize Knownshon had a probowl line so it really was his fault.