PDA

View Full Version : OT - This would suck

broncosteven
07-09-2010, 08:42 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38175557/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Inmate escapes in trash bin, found dead in landfill

EL PASO, Tex. A federal inmate who escaped from a downtown El Paso jail by hiding in a trash bin was found crushed to death Friday in a nearby landfill.

The body of Carlos Roberto Medina-Bailon, 30, was found when the garbage truck route was traced back to the dump in Sunland Park, N.M., KTSM-TV said.

The Mexico native being held on drug-related charges was clothed in a blue county jumpsuit, and rubber boots that inmates working the cafeteria wear, KTSM said.

Medina-Bailon's body appeared to be crushed, U.S. Marshal Robert Almonte told the El Paso Times newspaper.

Sheriff Richard Wiles earlier told KTSM that Medina-Bailon was working in the kitchen and may have sneaked by two jailers on duty and dodged monitored security cameras to hide in the bin.

"We believe he managed to hide in the trash and was able to get into an area which at some point became unsecured when the gates were opened to allow vehicles in and out of the facilities, and that's how he escaped," Wiles said.

KTSM said Wiles was surprised that other inmates hadn't escaped through the trash before. Two years ago the county went from small garbage cans that are hauled out to large dumpsters that are picked up, but security stayed the same, creating the window of opportunity for inmates to escape.

MORE at the link above.

Maybe he should have found out more about how garbage trucks work before trying this?

theAPAOps5
07-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Same thing happens to people trying to sneak into the country on airplanes. Usually it happens in Africa where they don't have secured airfields. People sneak onto the airport and then climb into the landing gear. But when the plane takes off and retracts the landing gear it usually crushes the guys. If that doesn't do it then they usually freeze to death as they are in an unpressurized and freezing cold area of the airplane at 40,000ft.

broncocalijohn
07-09-2010, 09:51 PM
I told my Dad last week at my bday BBQ that we found a baby possum in the recycled trash can and I wanted to give it a home with lots of scrap food so i put it in the trash can so he can live at the dump. My Dad then told me that they smash it down first before heading to the landfill. He told me I killed the baby possum and they dont hurt anything. Oh. .... well. Hope he found a little area to survive.

On a bright note from the story, it did relive some over crowding and the illegal alien problem in one swoop.

baja
07-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Guess he was pressed for time.

theAPAOps5
07-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Guess he was pressed for time.

That or maybe he was just stuck between a rock and a hard place?

Or maybe he was just down in the dumps!

Dukes
07-09-2010, 10:39 PM
He just saved tax payers thousands of dollars. Every little bit helps you know.

baja
07-09-2010, 10:43 PM
That or maybe he was just stuck between a rock and a hard place?

Or maybe he was just down in the dumps!

You could say he was de pressed

baja
07-09-2010, 10:46 PM
One thing is for sure they put the squeeze on him.

theAPAOps5
07-09-2010, 10:52 PM
He might have even been able to kiss his own ass goodbye!

Tombstone RJ
07-09-2010, 10:57 PM
was that a joke?

baja
07-09-2010, 11:00 PM
was what a joke?

Taco John
07-09-2010, 11:36 PM
The Count of Mangle Crusho.

baja
07-09-2010, 11:43 PM
He might have even been able to kiss his own ass goodbye!

You might be right clearly he was stuck on himself.,

TheReverend
07-09-2010, 11:53 PM
We could save a ****load of tax payer money if this "accident" became SOP

baja
07-10-2010, 12:02 AM
We could save a ****load of tax payer money if this "accident" became SOP

How can you joke about things like this.

broncocalijohn
07-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Why do I feel like Baja and Apa are from Wayne's World.

baja
07-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Why do I feel like Baja and Apa are from Wayne's World.

Does this give new mwaning to being Rick rolled?

Pony Boy
07-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Cleansing of the gene pool.

Cutler4Life
07-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't know why, but this story reminds me of the movie "Better Off Dead." see the last minute on the trailer and that will maybe explain it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhwY1o-e9IQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhwY1o-e9IQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>