PDA

View Full Version : Question for the forum about crazy people

gyldenlove
07-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Okay, I just caught the beginning of an episode of wife swap which included a family completely convinced that armageddon will occur on December 21 2012, they were equipped with hazmat suits, gas masks, emergency supplies, ghillie suits and other stuff.

I do realize that crazy people exist out there, but are these guys for real or are they actors hired to make a compelling show?

Obviously the first hint of their mental state was the fact that they named 2 of their kids after nordic deities, that is never a good sign in people who are not born and raised in Scandinavia.

Archer81
07-09-2010, 06:31 PM
People will believe anything if you give them the chance to.

For example,

Driving your car melts arctic ice and will add 22 feet of water to the oceans, or spending borrowed money stimulates the economy.

:Broncos:

Broncobiv
07-09-2010, 06:59 PM

For example,

Driving your car melts arctic ice and will add 22 feet of water to the oceans, or spending borrowed money stimulates the economy.

http://www.dahmus.org/blogimg/fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

OBF1
07-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Spend some time in a large city in America then ask that question after a week.

Popps
07-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Spend some time in a large city in America then ask that question after a week.

Bingo.

theAPAOps5
07-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Okay, I just caught the beginning of an episode of wife swap which included a family completely convinced that armageddon will occur on December 21 2012, they were equipped with hazmat suits, gas masks, emergency supplies, ghillie suits and other stuff.

I do realize that crazy people exist out there, but are these guys for real or are they actors hired to make a compelling show?

Obviously the first hint of their mental state was the fact that they named 2 of their kids after nordic deities, that is never a good sign in people who are not born and raised in Scandinavia.

Here is what I am going to tell you about Wife Swap. They recruit looneys which causes people to become overly outrageous and appear crazy.

Case in point the Balloon Boy fiasco in Denver. This family was on Wife Swap and were trying to get another 15 minutes of fame and another reality show. In doing so they convinced a bunch of people that their kid had floated away in a weather balloon.

Take wife swap for what it is, fiction.

broncosteven
07-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Here is what I am going to tell you about Wife Swap. They recruit looneys which causes people to become overly outrageous and appear crazy.

Case in point the Balloon Boy fiasco in Denver. This family was on Wife Swap and were trying to get another 15 minutes of fame and another reality show. In doing so they convinced a bunch of people that their kid had floated away in a weather balloon.

Take wife swap for what it is, fiction.

If you read the Yo-Yo thread there are hoaxers out there or people willing to get paid to act crazy. Plus these days like Apa said above they can find crazy people and edit them so they look even more insane.

Check out the following documentary if you want to see how all this got started: http://abelraisescain.com/

Archer81
07-09-2010, 09:04 PM
You dont need a big city to find crazy. Anyone here ever go to Bishops Castle?...Its a monstrosity of a castle built out of rock and wrought iron. The man who started it has an entire wall of his ramblings and spends at least 5 days a week preaching the evils of government to anyone who will listen...

broncocalijohn
07-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I can go to the mane for crazy people. I remember this guy was going down to Arkansas to put a roof over the whole state. Something with PB and allergies stopped him from completing it. Family at Meth Alley will do that to you.

Los Broncos
07-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Sounds crazy to me because 2012 is never going to happen.

Pick Six
07-09-2010, 10:05 PM
We're on a football message board in July, and you want the Mane to weigh in on crazy people? Hilarious!

gunns
07-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Then there was the guy going to Myrtle Beach.......

Pony Boy
07-10-2010, 10:31 AM

For example,

You need to put W*GS on ignore....

OABB
07-10-2010, 11:46 AM
It's not crazy... It's dysfunction. Everyone has a little some have a lot, but crazy is very rare.

Jason7730
07-10-2010, 04:20 PM
You dont need a big city to find crazy. Anyone here ever go to Bishops Castle?...Its a monstrosity of a castle built out of rock and wrought iron. The man who started it has an entire wall of his ramblings and spends at least 5 days a week preaching the evils of government to anyone who will listen...

We stumbled upon that place last summer when I was up there. That place is just nuts! I was too scared to climb to the top. It was just crazy. ( and the guys rambling blog on the wall...)26804

Jason7730
07-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Here is another pic. of the place...

Ugly Duck
07-10-2010, 05:39 PM
crazy people - a family completely convinced that armageddon will occur on December 21 2012

They believe in the Bible, so you call them crazy? You, my friend, need to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal savior real soon. Join us, Armageddon is real - we are not crazy.