PDA

View Full Version : OT: Who's Worse? Lebron or Modell?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
07-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Poll Coming.

I can't believe he went through all that just to slap Cleveland fans in the face like that. I don't know what worse. What Lebron did or what Art Model with the Colts.

extralife
07-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Modell is way worse. Players don't owe a city anything--teams certainly do.

theAPAOps5
07-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Enough time has passed to make the Modell act a little less ire inducing. Lebron is easily worse because he turned his back on an already cursed city. But not only did he turn his back on them he sharted on them with his ego induced Lebronathon.

They guy will never be on the level of MJ, Magic, or Oscar. Heck I dislike him more than Kobe now and I never thought that possible.

Orange4Life
07-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Enough time has passed to make the Modell act a little less ire inducing. Lebron is easily worse because he turned his back on an already cursed city. But not only did he turn his back on them he sharted on them with his ego induced Lebronathon.

They guy will never be on the level of MJ, Magic, or Oscar. Heck I dislike him more than Kobe now and I never thought that possible.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Especially the kobe part. But worded much better.

Modell was much worse but the passage of time and how fresh lebronathon is distorts the severity of the two situations.

Man-Goblin
07-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Lebron is worse because Modell supposedly had serious financial issues and couldn't get a stadium built. And we all know what kind of a dump they were playing in.

DivineBronco
07-08-2010, 10:09 PM
the Lebron thing is awful and insulting to ohio....but it does not get any worse than Art I still despise him for taking a team from its fans and I don't even like the browns

24champ
07-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Lebron...he just about told the city of Cleveland it sucks and **** you in front of a national audience.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-08-2010, 11:14 PM
I've never heard a guy reference himself in the royal third person before. That's gotta count for something.

Killericon
07-08-2010, 11:25 PM
It wasn't a Press Conference, it was an hour-long primetime special.

**** Lebron.

yerner
07-08-2010, 11:39 PM
All this this cause Delonte deep dikked his momma. Lebron for sure cause it just happened.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
07-08-2010, 11:42 PM
All this this cause Delonte deep dikked his momma. Lebron for sure cause it just happened.

Love that. But think how screwed up mom is. She actually thought that sleeping with one of his friends was....OK! Wow.

24champ
07-08-2010, 11:47 PM

When did Delonte sleep with his mom? Is that a true story? Link?

randomtask
07-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Modell was worse. Taking away an entire team (which, like the cavaliers of today, were the pride of Cleveland) from a city during the night, is worse than losing one player, however talented the player. Removing a team is like taking away part of the identity of a city, and all who live in the city.

It's pretty tragic if you think about it, how not only have the Cleveland sports franchises managed to suck on a fairly consistent basis since Jim Brown retired, but how when any of the franchises manage to get close to becoming a champion (the 80's AFC Champ. games, the 97' world series, and the cavaliers recent success) they fail in often very heartbreaking fashion. On top of this, they get events like the Modell move and the Lebron press conference. It's kind of a wonder that the city of Cleveland hasn't just given up on pro sports yet.

But still, Bob Irsay takes the cake if you're talking about biggest sports a-holes. He took over a championship-winning team, stripped it of it's stars, then orchestrated the first relocation of a well-established and supported NFL team to a geographically distant location. He didn't even let Baltimore retain the official history and legacy of the Colts while they resided within the city, something that Modell at least didn't take from Cleveland.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
07-08-2010, 11:53 PM
When did Delonte sleep with his mom? Is that a true story? Link?

http://stupidcelebrities.net/2010/05/17/delonte-west-banging-lebron-james-mom-gloria-james/

http://www.terezowens.com/exclusive-lebrons-teammate-sleeping-with-his-mom/

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978242029

TheChamp24
07-09-2010, 12:49 AM
This is like asking, whats worse, getting stabbed in the face or getting shot in the groin.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
07-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Lebron isn't a chosen one.

theAPAOps5
07-09-2010, 01:46 AM

I mean how playa is that man

Planes, trains, or automobiles.... Better have my doughnuts!

Crushaholic
07-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Art Modell was a coward for what he did. A special about LeBron is just what the media and, seemingly, the public wanted.

DivineBronco
07-09-2010, 10:53 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/09/art-modell-nonsense-lebron-is-more-hated/

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Modell. Not close.

He took away a championship-winning team because of money.

LeBob left cleveland for less money to win a championship because the Cavs management doesn't seem to really know what the **** they're doing.

YES, he quit on Cleveland. He was a free agent. How dare he leave as a free agent!

/yawn.

Modell. Cleveland is still a football town FIRST, everything else second. And you're kidding yourself if you think the people of Cleveland wouldn't trade LeBob for a Lombardi trophy right now, this second.

Kaylore
07-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Modell for being a pussy.

Lebron gave that city seven years and he wants to try something new. He was upfront about it, weighed all the options and came forward with his decision publicly. I applaud him for doing what he believes is in his best interests. He'll get to play with great players and will make a crap load more in endorsements. He'll also get to live in Miami and not the hole of a city Cleveland. I think Lebron did what was best for him and his family and that's all anyone can ask.

And let's be clear: Lebron doesn't owe Cleveland anything. Weather you think he's the greatest and got burned out, or you subscribe to the theory he's overrated and choked in the playoffs, both sides should agree he's better leaving. If he's really such a "loser" and "bum" then Cleveland won't miss him and should be happy to see him gone. If he's been held back by a bad team in a crappy town, then you should be happy to see him get another chance.

Smiling Assassin27
07-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Modell didn't leave Baltimore, he left Cleveland for Baltimore. Irsay left Baltimore.

Smiling Assassin27
07-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Modell for being a p***Y.

Lebron gave that city seven years and he wants to try something new. He was upfront about it, weighed all the options and came forward with his decision publicly. I applaud him for doing what he believes is in his best interests. He'll get to play with great players and will make a crap load more in endorsements. He'll also get to live in Miami and not the hole of a city Cleveland. I think Lebron did what was best for him and his family and that's all anyone can ask.

And let's be clear: Lebron doesn't owe Cleveland anything. Weather you think he's the greatest and got burned out, or you subscribe to the theory he's overrated and choked in the playoffs, both sides should agree he's better leaving. If he's really such a "loser" and "bum" then Cleveland won't miss him and should be happy to see him gone. If he's been held back by a bad team in a crappy town, then you should be happy to see him get another chance.

Winner.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
07-09-2010, 02:35 PM

I totally agree with you......if it was the other way around. Lebron should have left in the middle of the night and Modell should have and the presser. Because you're right Lebron doesn't owe Cleveland or any other city anything.

gunns
07-09-2010, 02:46 PM

:thumbsup:

Tombstone RJ
07-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Poll Coming.

I can't believe he went through all that just to slap Cleveland fans in the face like that. I don't know what worse. What Lebron did or what Art Model with the Colts.

Modell didn't leave Baltimore, that was the Isray family.

OrangenBlueOhio
07-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Lebron James

To those who say he doesn't owe Cleveland anything, he at least "owed" them the courtesy of not shoving it in thier faces with an over 60 min primetime special. Why couldn't he announce his intentions the first day of free agency. He knew where he was going. He took that shirt off after the last playoff game for a reason.

When Dwayne wade redid his deal so he would be a free agent same time as Lebron, this deal was in the works. Jester James probably was hoping he could win a championship for Cleveland before he left, but him and his buddy D-Wade have been plannin on playin together for years.

As for those in the media and the like who say this does nothing to his popularity/brand, how can you disagree with the argument Barkley puts forth. The best players don't "join em" after they can't "beat em". They want to be the man not the second fiddle. Which he will clearly be seeing as Wade has already won without him.

elsid13
07-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Cleveland still has its' basketball team, it just lost a free agent. Come on, who the hell really wants to live in Cleveland???

Taco John
07-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Definitely Modell. But Lebron ranks pretty high on the biggest douches in sports list, right up there with A-Rod.

Orange4Life
07-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Taken off of profootballtalk on nbc sports. Someone posted this
# HandsofSweed says: July 9, 2010 10:10 AM

The only way they could have humiliated Clevelanders MORE would have been to have John Elway come out at the last minute, step in front of Jim Grey and be the one to ask LeBron who he is signing with.

LOL

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Taken off of profootballtalk on nbc sports. Someone posted this
# HandsofSweed says: July 9, 2010 10:10 AM

The only way they could have humiliated Clevelanders MORE would have been to have John Elway come out at the last minute, step in front of Jim Grey and be the one to ask LeBron who he is signing with.

LOL

Hmmmm...

Maybe if they had Ernest Byner walking out with a Cavs contract, and just before he got to LeBob, he dropped it on the ground... and then Elway walked up and handed him the Miami deal.

Now THAT would be compelling television.

Hogan11
07-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Modell, no question for me.

I despise franchise movement in any sport and no fans should ever be made to endure it. There's nothing worse than having a team you supported for years up and leave for someplace else.

gunns
07-09-2010, 05:09 PM
As for those in the media and the like who say this does nothing to his popularity/brand, how can you disagree with the argument Barkley puts forth. The best players don't "join em" after they can't "beat em". They want to be the man not the second fiddle. Which he will clearly be seeing as Wade has already won without him.

Yeah Barkley, maybe that philosophy is why you never won one. Only an ego thinks like that. Kobe went 8 years after Shaq left, Wade won when Shaq came in, James didn't win with Shaq, maybe him and Wade can win together.

Taco John
07-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Hmmmm...

Maybe if they had Ernest Byner walking out with a Cavs contract, and just before he got to LeBob, he dropped it on the ground... and then Elway walked up and handed him the Miami deal.

Now THAT would be compelling television.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/85cL1HisrNc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/85cL1HisrNc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

FADERPROOF
07-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Current take here in Cleveland is LeBron, give it time and it will be back to Modell.

Cleveland will always be a football town(Indians currently have the 2nd worse home attendence in the MLB, Browns sell out every game still), so to take THEIR sport away is far worse from the 2nd tiered team losing its biggest star.

Modell tried and tried for years to get approval of a new stadium, kept getting turned down. The last straw was when he received news that the Indians and Cavs will both be getting new stadium/arena in downtown clevelan, while the Browns still get stuck in the Muni right along Lake Erie. So he said screw this city and found a new home in Blatimore...

FADERPROOF
07-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Modell didn't leave Baltimore, that was the Isray family.

I noticed that as well, the Irsays packed up and moved from Baltimore to Indy in the middle of the night after the Elway fiasco.

Art Modell moved the Browns from Cleveland to Baltimore where they then became the Ravens.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-10-2010, 05:19 PM
LeBrag.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pOsamobHeMc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pOsamobHeMc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>