PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow, Whose Professional Opinion Can We Trust?

oubronco
07-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Denver Broncos: Tim Tebow, Whose Professional Opinion Can We Trust?

by Omar Brown Written on July 07, 2010

So many people are playing their holier than thou I am going with the professionals card, as if the critics have the market cornered on the professional opinion.

Last I checked, I too am going with the professionals opinions, the opinions that say this...

"Tim Tebow is not only the best quarterback in this league, I think he's the best football player in the country." said Steve Spurrier "...maybe the best to ever play college football. That's how good he is."

"I don't think Tebow can play in a pro-style offense, not at quarterback," Jimmy Johnson said. "I think a team that's gonna look at Tim Tebow. They're gonna make one of two decisions. If they're going to bring him into their style of play, with their coaching staff, they've gotta project him to be maybe an H-back.

"I don't know if he's fast enough to be a receiver, maybe he could be a tight end. But I don't know if he can block, I don't know if he can catch the ball. But he's gotta play another position. He can't play quarterback."

...or say this...

"He isn't close to being as good as Jimmy Clausen." Pete Prisco.

...or say this...

"Id say third or fourth round worst-case scenario," Said Mel Kiper "second round as a best case."

...possess 'an ill-formed and nebulous opinion'.
Who can we trust?

Professionals who have actually coached one of the greatest QB's to ever play at this level, win three Super Bowls this century and possess two NCAA National Championships in the past four years?

Does it make sense to mock their professional opinion while embracing the professional opinions of Tebows doubters and critics with the rhetoric they profusely spew as the gospel?

The opinions of so-called expert professionals whose take boarder on comic book material?

Or the professionals who base their opinions on the encyclopedia of success, Tim Tebow wrote during his high school and college career?

Those of us who believe Tebow can be successful in the NFL, are not the one's ignoring the professional opinions that count!

Some of these so-called expert professionals really keep you guessing. I mean which Jimmy Johnson do we believe? The November 2009 Jimmy Johnson, or the January 2009 Jimmy Johnson?

"The more I watch Tebow, the more I think he might be a quarterback," said Jimmy Johnson, former head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. "He has the arm strength. He makes accurate throws. He has the physical presence. He can get you believing."

How Bout Them Denver Broncos!!

http://app.bronto.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=10573&id=crmboax92fovc6fiyc72ud82kdi96&id2=b8capz1wmzsx8600b0os4towa6o7g&subscriber_id=bxjxvysfpjynctexhjvxdpwyxibubae&delivery_id=btltopenwlgryhyjbfbzthtgqtxpbcm&tid=1.85p.C7oD6w~B8Hs.186mb..C7oD7g~I_Xo.C7oD6~FmH lB.l.C7oD7~puA.497DKQ

*WARHORSE*
07-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I believe my own self professed-ional opium.

Tebow will be a winner because he's with the Denver Broncos.

That is, and will be until he leaves, the only opinion I will ever have.

Why have an opinion as a Bronco fan that he wont make it, since opinions are simply that??

If I opined that, may as well be a raidturd.

TheReverend
07-08-2010, 01:19 PM
The NFL has done their best to make that specific position a girl's portion of a man's game. The quarterback might as well be playing soccer on a football field. Tebow brings a real man back to the spot, and real men don't lose.

crush17
07-08-2010, 01:36 PM
That article was.... terrible?

I barely get it.

Kaylore
07-08-2010, 01:36 PM
The NFL has done their best to make that specific position a girl's portion of a man's game. The quarterback might as well be playing soccer on a football field. Tebow brings a real man back to the spot, and real men don't lose.

That last line is one of the best things I've ever read on this forum.

Homer Simpson
07-08-2010, 01:57 PM

I barely get it.

Bleacher Report dude. Bleacher Report.

baja
07-08-2010, 02:13 PM
That last line is one of the best things I've ever read on this forum.

Keep in mind for ever winner someone has to lose. I think the statement you admire is catchy but childish.

Hogan11
07-08-2010, 05:06 PM
This Tebow thing works for me this way: The more I see him in a Broncos uni, the less I remember him in those inbred Gator rags and now The Bulldogs can retake their rightful place in ruling the SEC once again.

uplink
07-08-2010, 05:19 PM
I don't think the articles points where well organized, for example he says he is 'going with the opinions of ....' in the beginning and then seems to give examples of peoples opinions which are different.

BroncoMan4ever
07-08-2010, 05:48 PM

that line is straight up badass

Popps
07-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Keep in mind for ever winner someone has to lose. I think the statement you admire is catchy but childish.

Huh?

baja
07-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Huh?

Real men lose all the time it's what they do with the loss that is the truer measure. IMO

Popps
07-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Real men lose all the time it's what they do with the loss that is the truer measure. IMO

Got it. I was looking at the wrong last line.

Popps
07-08-2010, 06:18 PM
By the way... what kind of fuggin circus is it going to be when Tebow comes in for his first action in the preseason?

baja
07-08-2010, 06:20 PM
By the way... what kind of fuggin circus is it going to be when Tebow comes in for his first action in the preseason?

It's going to be mad fun

Hogan11
07-08-2010, 06:22 PM

I understand there's going to be a prime time ESPN special the night before the preseason in which Tebow will announce which game he'll make his Broncos debut in...

elsid13
07-08-2010, 06:36 PM
I understand there's going to be a prime time ESPN special the night before the preseason in which Tebow will announce which game he'll make his Broncos debut in...

As long as they are playing Journey in the background it's all good.

BroncoLifer
07-08-2010, 08:02 PM

I heard they're also working on an Eric Decker special where he finally reveals which white WR he will be the new version of.

spdirty
07-08-2010, 08:09 PM
I trust Mel Kipers opinion more than anyone. For example, if he guaruntees that the Ravens will win, Im dumping my savings account to bet on whatever team the Ravens are playing that week.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-08-2010, 09:10 PM
It's going to be mad fun

I second this, and further contend that it will be dope. Fo rizzle.

GoBroncos DownUnder
07-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Real men get ROBBED in today's NFL -

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d815f1665_gallery_600.jpg

... and in "breaking news" the NFL REMOVED the infamous "Favre get's cheap shotted from behind" pic from their NFC Championship game pictures (http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d815d7d02#id:09000d5d815f2c08) ... WTF? Lucky I still can find it via the URL
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2010/09000d5d815f17a4_gallery_600.jpg

I'm NOT a Favre fan, but he was a "real man" in that game!

Jetmeck
07-09-2010, 12:40 AM
I think Tebow has the brains and the balls to make up for any so called athletic deficiencies he may have. If he fails it will not be from a lack of effort on his part.

I want to believe because Orton cannot stretch the field without Brandon here to make circus style catches. Way too inaccurate so I am hopeful Tebow is the answer, Quinn sure isn't.

Archer81
07-09-2010, 02:03 AM
I dont think Tebow lacks the required athleticism to be a dynamic QB in the NFL. You could argue that Tebow is very similar to Steve Young (besides the left handed thing). Shape Tebow the same way and we end up with a potential HOF'er. And I dont give a **** if that sounds homertastic. Im glad Tebow is a Bronco, and Im glad he is going to start at QB for us at some point in the future.

F the haters.

:Broncos:

Dedhed
07-09-2010, 06:24 AM

I barely get it.

Seriously. I pray that's a blog piece, because if someone got paid for that I won't be able to stand it.

jhns
07-09-2010, 06:38 AM
You can just trust my pro opinion. My opinion is to wait and see because I haven't seen Tebow play.

I'm excited to see him. He is the player that gives me some hope. I really dislike the other two QBs on this roster. Not as people but as players.

Drek
07-09-2010, 07:03 AM
I dont think Tebow lacks the required athleticism to be a dynamic QB in the NFL. You could argue that Tebow is very similar to Steve Young (besides the left handed thing). Shape Tebow the same way and we end up with a potential HOF'er. And I dont give a **** if that sounds homertastic. Im glad Tebow is a Bronco, and Im glad he is going to start at QB for us at some point in the future.

F the haters.

Umm......

http://sonja.1069thefox.com/files/2010/03/steveyoung-49er.jpg

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/files/2010/03/tim-tebow_w9b81.jpg

Archer81
07-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Umm......

Is this supposed to be a commentary on ball placement?

Kaylore
07-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Umm......

He meant in more ways than his favored hand. He maybe should have said "not just because of the left handed thing."

Drek
07-09-2010, 10:12 AM
He meant in more ways than his favored hand. He maybe should have said "not just because of the left handed thing."

Thanks for the clarification Kay.

And yes, Tebow and Young coming out of college are a very similar pair of prospects. Young lacks Tebow's size (6'2", 215 to 6'3", 245) and Tebow is a more gifted athlete, but then the entire league has progressed in that fashion.

Key here is the Broncos putting up with the growing pains and not going the Tampa Bay route of giving up on a young talent who hasn't paid off immediately.