Broncosfreak_56
07-07-2010, 11:46 PM
:(

baja
07-07-2010, 11:50 PM
South Beach baby

Killericon
07-08-2010, 12:06 AM
I hope the Raps can get Beasley in a sign and trade.

OBF1
07-08-2010, 12:07 AM
I heard on the light rail today that Labron is going to the nets.

24champ
07-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Still won't beat the Lakers and I will laugh my ass off when Lebum can't win a title with those two. Most overrated star in the history of sports.

Killericon
07-08-2010, 01:20 AM
Still won't beat the Lakers and I will laugh my ass off when Lebum can't win a title with those two. Most overrated star in the history of sports.

Wade's proven he can do it in the past, and that was with less than he has now. Who says Lebron has to be the one to do it?

sixtimeseight
07-08-2010, 03:07 AM
Do people really need to start a new thread for every half-baked rumor from some crappy 4th rate website?

Killericon
07-08-2010, 03:41 AM
Do people really need to start a new thread for every half-baked rumor from some crappy 4th rate website?

TheScore is a Canadian Sports Station, not a crappy 4th rate website, but just to satiate you:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/08/2010-07-08_reports_surface_early_thursday_that_lebron_jame s_plans_to_join_dwyane_wade_chris.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/LeBron-James-going-to-Miami-Heat-?urn=nba,254491

Broncoman13
07-08-2010, 04:59 AM
Evidently all three (Bosh, Wade, Lebron) are willing to take a little less to play together. They will have to bring in a bunch of C type players to fill their roster, but with those three they are a power contending team, regardless of who the other 5 on the roster may be. Probably a Jason Williams type to run the point. Haslem may return. Beasley likely on his way out... sign in trade for Bosh still in?

Doesn't this also open up O'neal to go to another team? Nugz probably don't have the space to get him, perhaps Houston?

TonyR
07-08-2010, 05:36 AM
They will have to bring in a bunch of C type players to fill their roster...

Yup, this whole thing doesn't make sense from a financial perspective. They'll have to have 3-5 or more players making minimum salaries. And I don't know that Wade and LeBron are the best combo. He should go to Chicago, makes a lot more sense.

Man-Goblin
07-08-2010, 05:42 AM
I hate it when bad, bandwagon sports cities like Miami and Atlanta win the lottery.

SoDak Bronco
07-08-2010, 05:53 AM
one big reason they are taking a little less money is the taxes are so much less in Fla compared to other places he was looking at. Also, he reportedly didn't want that 6th yr in Clev bc he will be 31, this way hes 30 and can get another large contract

RhymesayersDU
07-08-2010, 06:14 AM
Evidently all three (Bosh, Wade, Lebron) are willing to take a little less to play together. They will have to bring in a bunch of C type players to fill their roster, but with those three they are a power contending team, regardless of who the other 5 on the roster may be. Probably a Jason Williams type to run the point. Haslem may return. Beasley likely on his way out... sign in trade for Bosh still in?

Doesn't this also open up O'neal to go to another team? Nugz probably don't have the space to get him, perhaps Houston?

Well there was word that Jermaine O'Neal is leaning hard towards the Celtics, but still considering the Nuggets.

I won't be heartbroken if we don't get him. We need frontcourt help, but I don't know, he's not very good. I mean, it'd be an improvement I guess, but not the serious help we need.

Maximus
07-08-2010, 06:18 AM
still won't beat the lakers and i will laugh my ass off when lebum can't win a title with those two. Most overrated star in the history of sports.

qft!

UberBroncoMan
07-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Eh... Miami will have their Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman with these 3. If Riley coaches them again I don't see how they aren't in the finals. Probably going to be Miami vs Orlando for the next 5 years with the winner facing the Lakers next year. Not sure after that since Phil will be gone and they never won without him.

bfoflcommish
07-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Wade is always hurt, Bosh is good but not max $ superstar, i mean look at his numbers, shoot I was at the nuggs raptors game and watched kmart and nene just absolutely shut him down on both sides of the court and thats not saying much. Their bench will be 100% ****ty, it will be fun to watch this team fail at winning a ring.

Binkythefrog
07-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Can't see Wade and James playing well together. Bosh is an efficient player who can do a lot with limited shots. Wade and James (especially Wade) can be very inefficient with their shot attempts and both players require the ball a lot in their hands. When watching both the Cavs and Heat, it seems that Wade and James will both bring the ball up the floor a lot.

But if they learn to be complementary and if one decides to take on a more role player mold, I can't see any defense ever being able to defend this team, it will be scary.

meangene
07-08-2010, 07:26 AM
I hope they fall on their faces. All three have been unprofessional publicity hounds during the whole process. Bosh and Wade both filmed documentaries, Bosh was totally self-absorbed with his twitter frenzy, and, now, James has to have a one hour special on ESPN to announce his decision! And, if he does that just to diss Cleveland, it's even worse! You just can't buy class.

montrose
07-08-2010, 08:01 AM

I read yesterday the Nugz were offering O'Neal the MLE. I don't know much about the NBA Salary Cap but I do think the Nugz are over it meaning they'd have to pay a dollar-for-dollar hit in going over.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-08-2010, 08:03 AM
I just cant imagine this happening. too many egos in one room. Plus, they have literally 2 other players on the roster. The rest would have to be minimum salary d-leaguers. Its intriguing, but i cant imagine a guy like lebron not wanting to be "the guy"

Flex Gunmetal
07-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Can't see Wade and James playing well together. Bosh is an efficient player who can do a lot with limited shots. Wade and James (especially Wade) can be very inefficient with their shot attempts and both players require the ball a lot in their hands. When watching both the Cavs and Heat, it seems that Wade and James will both bring the ball up the floor a lot.

But if they learn to be complementary and if one decides to take on a more role player mold, I can't see any defense ever being able to defend this team, it will be scary.

wut?
Can you guess who is who? MJ, KB, DW.

I do not understand the hate for Wade, dude is an amazing player who's career has been overshadowed only by Kobe's playoff success in the modern era.

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Zone defense like a mofo. especially with no real center and a bunch of d-leaguers on the perimeter. Any sort of injury to a rotation player hurts them badly. This whole thing reeks of bull****. I hope it blows up in their faces.

RhymesayersDU
07-08-2010, 08:13 AM
I read yesterday the Nugz were offering O'Neal the MLE. I don't know much about the NBA Salary Cap but I do think the Nugz are over it meaning they'd have to pay a dollar-for-dollar hit in going over.

You can offer the MLE with no salary cap ramifications.

LRtagger
07-08-2010, 08:24 AM
You can offer the MLE with no salary cap ramifications.

You can supercede the cap, but you still have to pay a dollar-for-dollar cap tax

RhymesayersDU
07-08-2010, 09:14 AM
True, but MLE is exempt from that.

NFLBRONCO
07-08-2010, 09:37 AM
I want the easiest route to rings without working for it. When is NBA going to reduce teams and make it even across the board. I don't see where 4 great teams and all the rest decent or crappy is that exciting.

yerner
07-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Lebron might be the worlds biggest ass hole

azbroncfan
07-08-2010, 10:08 AM
If Riley coaches them again I don't see how they aren't in the finals.

The only thing stopping them would be the bench. They are going to be really weak there and will have to play a bunch of rookies which could develope their skills in a year or two then watch out.

iDENVER
07-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Wade is always hurt, Bosh is good but not max $ superstar, i mean look at his numbers, shoot I was at the nuggs raptors game and watched kmart and nene just absolutely shut him down on both sides of the court and thats not saying much. Their bench will be 100% ****ty, it will be fun to watch this team fail at winning a ring.

hate much?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_bosh/

bosh #'s are really good lol

rbackfactory80
07-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Lebron might be the worlds biggest a-hole

Don't sell yourself short Yerner.:thumbsup:

Man-Goblin
07-08-2010, 10:59 AM
True, but MLE is exempt from that.

You're right in saying the MLE doesn't count toward the team's cap number.

However, it does count toward total player salaries, which is what the luxury tax is based on. If the total team salary amount (not their cap number) is above the luxury tax level on the last day of the season, the team pays dollar for dollar.

I don't know where the Nuggets' current salaries are in relation to the luxuray tax as of today, but I do know in the past couple years they've been right at or just above the luxury tax level.

OrangeCrush2724
07-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I have been saying for a while he was going to the Heat. I don't doubt Pat putting up a good team together. We should see plenty of veterans taking the minimum to play with the heat for 1-2 years, looking good, then try to get a bigger contract elsewhere.

Flex Gunmetal
07-08-2010, 11:21 AM
LeBron James Is A C0****cker

Tomorrow is the day LeBron James becomes the most unlikable person in the NBA, and perhaps all of American sports. I used to think he was okay a year ago. No more. He's the villain now.

It doesn't matter where he opts to go. If he goes to Chicago, he's a C0****cker. If he goes to Miami, he's a C0****cker. Even if he goes back to Cleveland, he's a goddamn C0****cker. He's a self-aggrandizing sack of ****, and ESPN is a bunch of p***Y-whipped enablers for giving him a free hour of airtime tomorrow night and inevitably using 55 minutes of it to let Stu Scott give him a rimjob.

Look at what Kevin Durant did today. He signed an extension well before he could have filed for free agency, announced the signing, and then went back about his business. He didn't need all this dog-and-pony show bull****. James does, and that means he's a dip****. People have been kissing this man's ass SINCE ****ING MIDDLE SCHOOL, and he still needs this hourlong AFI tribute special? Bull****. BULL****.

And I don't care that he asked ESPN to use the commercial airtime tomorrow night to go to charity. That's the most transparent use of charity for the sake of self-glorification I've seen since I saw some actor do it yesterday. "Hey ESPN, why don't you spend an hour kissing my ass? Oh, don't worry. We'll give the money to AIDS babies. That totally makes me selfless." No, it doesn't.

And **** YOU to ESPN for going along with this "Bonds on Bonds" redux. If an ESPN reporter found concrete proof tomorrow morning that James was going to Cleveland or somewhere else, do you think ESPN would let him run with it? **** AND NO. They'd stick him in a ****ing Lucite box and throw him in the cellar until 10PM. They're the whoringest whores that have ever whored. I heard they offered LeBron's crew free blowjobs if he wins a title next year. Wilbon asked to blow him JUST A LITTLE BIT. Not much. Just a little bit.

LeBron is now the guy you openly root against. If he leaves Cleveland tomorrow night, he'll have needlessly strung along an entire fanbase and given them the middle finger by making their breakup spectacularly public. If he stays, he'll have spent two years cockteasing the rest of the world about going somewhere else when he probably never wanted to leave Ohio to begin with. There's no end result tomorrow that makes LeBron a sympathetic figure. He's already gone past the point of no return. He's a **********. Fitting that his most memorable career moment will come when he doesn't even take a ****ing shot. He's a guy that cares more about the end result of playing basketball – massive, unending adulation – than he does actual basketball.

I don't begrudge him that attitude. I'd be the same way if I were a basketball player. All I'd give a **** about would be what I make and where I'm drinking tonight. And I don't begrudge him the right to play somewhere other than Cleveland. It's Cleveland. It blows. There's nothing to do in that town except masturbate and cry. But there's a normal way of doing things, and there's the dick way of doing things, and making your own free agency a two-year drama capped off with an infomercial directed by Senor Spielbergo falls squarely in the purview of FLAMING ****ING DICK MOVES. James is trying to bull**** the world into believing this whole process is some great entertainment he's lavishing upon you. It's not. It's a con. Right now, a lot of people aren't buying the **** this man is selling. And really, that's all LeBron James is these days: a ****ing salesman.

oubronco
07-08-2010, 11:28 AM
LeBron James Is A C0******er

Tomorrow is the day LeBron James becomes the most unlikable person in the NBA, and perhaps all of American sports. I used to think he was okay a year ago. No more. He's the villain now.

It doesn't matter where he opts to go. If he goes to Chicago, he's a C0******er. If he goes to Miami, he's a C0******er. Even if he goes back to Cleveland, he's a goddamn C0******er. He's a self-aggrandizing sack of ****, and ESPN is a bunch of p***Y-whipped enablers for giving him a free hour of airtime tomorrow night and inevitably using 55 minutes of it to let Stu Scott give him a rimjob.

Look at what Kevin Durant did today. He signed an extension well before he could have filed for free agency, announced the signing, and then went back about his business. He didn't need all this dog-and-pony show bull****. James does, and that means he's a dip****. People have been kissing this man's ass SINCE ****ING MIDDLE SCHOOL, and he still needs this hourlong AFI tribute special? Bull****. BULL****.

And I don't care that he asked ESPN to use the commercial airtime tomorrow night to go to charity. That's the most transparent use of charity for the sake of self-glorification I've seen since I saw some actor do it yesterday. "Hey ESPN, why don't you spend an hour kissing my ass? Oh, don't worry. We'll give the money to AIDS babies. That totally makes me selfless." No, it doesn't.

And **** YOU to ESPN for going along with this "Bonds on Bonds" redux. If an ESPN reporter found concrete proof tomorrow morning that James was going to Cleveland or somewhere else, do you think ESPN would let him run with it? **** AND NO. They'd stick him in a ****ing Lucite box and throw him in the cellar until 10PM. They're the whoringest whores that have ever whored. I heard they offered LeBron's crew free blowjobs if he wins a title next year. Wilbon asked to blow him JUST A LITTLE BIT. Not much. Just a little bit.

LeBron is now the guy you openly root against. If he leaves Cleveland tomorrow night, he'll have needlessly strung along an entire fanbase and given them the middle finger by making their breakup spectacularly public. If he stays, he'll have spent two years cockteasing the rest of the world about going somewhere else when he probably never wanted to leave Ohio to begin with. There's no end result tomorrow that makes LeBron a sympathetic figure. He's already gone past the point of no return. He's a **********. Fitting that his most memorable career moment will come when he doesn't even take a ****ing shot. He's a guy that cares more about the end result of playing basketball – massive, unending adulation – than he does actual basketball.

I don't begrudge him that attitude. I'd be the same way if I were a basketball player. All I'd give a **** about would be what I make and where I'm drinking tonight. And I don't begrudge him the right to play somewhere other than Cleveland. It's Cleveland. It blows. There's nothing to do in that town except masturbate and cry. But there's a normal way of doing things, and there's the dick way of doing things, and making your own free agency a two-year drama capped off with an infomercial directed by Senor Spielbergo falls squarely in the purview of FLAMING ****ING DICK MOVES. James is trying to bull**** the world into believing this whole process is some great entertainment he's lavishing upon you. It's not. It's a con. Right now, a lot of people aren't buying the **** this man is selling. And really, that's all LeBron James is these days: a ****ing salesman.

:rofl: I agree

bfoflcommish
07-08-2010, 11:52 AM
hate much?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_bosh/

bosh #'s are really good lol

they are good, not really good, and not max money. go look where he is in rebounding, for his size he should not be getting beat out by some of the players he is. He is a good player I said that but again not max $

broncofan2438
07-08-2010, 12:05 PM
I heard on the light rail today that Labron is going to the nets.

Nuggets you mean

Houshyamama
07-08-2010, 12:06 PM
lebron james is a c0******er

tomorrow is the day lebron james becomes the most unlikable person in the nba, and perhaps all of american sports. I used to think he was okay a year ago. No more. He's the villain now.

It doesn't matter where he opts to go. If he goes to chicago, he's a c0******er. If he goes to miami, he's a c0******er. Even if he goes back to cleveland, he's a goddamn c0******er. He's a self-aggrandizing sack of ****, and espn is a bunch of p***y-whipped enablers for giving him a free hour of airtime tomorrow night and inevitably using 55 minutes of it to let stu scott give him a rimjob.

Look at what kevin durant did today. He signed an extension well before he could have filed for free agency, announced the signing, and then went back about his business. He didn't need all this dog-and-pony show bull****. James does, and that means he's a dip****. People have been kissing this man's ass since ****ing middle school, and he still needs this hourlong afi tribute special? Bull****. Bull****.

And i don't care that he asked espn to use the commercial airtime tomorrow night to go to charity. That's the most transparent use of charity for the sake of self-glorification i've seen since i saw some actor do it yesterday. "hey espn, why don't you spend an hour kissing my ass? Oh, don't worry. We'll give the money to aids babies. That totally makes me selfless." no, it doesn't.

And **** you to espn for going along with this "bonds on bonds" redux. If an espn reporter found concrete proof tomorrow morning that james was going to cleveland or somewhere else, do you think espn would let him run with it? **** and no. They'd stick him in a ****ing lucite box and throw him in the cellar until 10pm. They're the whoringest whores that have ever whored. I heard they offered lebron's crew free blowjobs if he wins a title next year. Wilbon asked to blow him just a little bit. Not much. Just a little bit.

Lebron is now the guy you openly root against. If he leaves cleveland tomorrow night, he'll have needlessly strung along an entire fanbase and given them the middle finger by making their breakup spectacularly public. If he stays, he'll have spent two years cockteasing the rest of the world about going somewhere else when he probably never wanted to leave ohio to begin with. There's no end result tomorrow that makes lebron a sympathetic figure. He's already gone past the point of no return. He's a **********. Fitting that his most memorable career moment will come when he doesn't even take a ****ing shot. He's a guy that cares more about the end result of playing basketball – massive, unending adulation – than he does actual basketball.

I don't begrudge him that attitude. I'd be the same way if i were a basketball player. All i'd give a **** about would be what i make and where i'm drinking tonight. And i don't begrudge him the right to play somewhere other than cleveland. It's cleveland. It blows. There's nothing to do in that town except masturbate and cry. But there's a normal way of doing things, and there's the dick way of doing things, and making your own free agency a two-year drama capped off with an infomercial directed by senor spielbergo falls squarely in the purview of flaming ****ing dick moves. James is trying to bull**** the world into believing this whole process is some great entertainment he's lavishing upon you. It's not. It's a con. Right now, a lot of people aren't buying the **** this man is selling. And really, that's all lebron james is these days: A ****ing salesman.

**slow clap**

hookemhess
07-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I really really really hope Kanye interrupts LeBron tonight to tell the world, "I'ma let you finish, but Michael Jordan was the best basketball player of all time! OF ALL TIME!!"

Hotwheelz
07-08-2010, 12:28 PM

It doesn't matter where he opts to go. If he goes to Chicago, he's a C0******er. If he goes to Miami, he's a C0******er. Even if he goes back to Cleveland, he's a goddamn C0******er. He's a self-aggrandizing sack of ****, and ESPN is a bunch of p***Y-whipped enablers for giving him a free hour of airtime tomorrow night and inevitably using 55 minutes of it to let Stu Scott give him a rimjob.

You know who else is a coc******er? You, for plagiarizing.

http://deadspin.com/5581889/lebron-james-is-a-**********

Flex Gunmetal
07-08-2010, 12:32 PM
You know who else is a coc******er? You, for plagiarizing.

http://deadspin.com/5581889/lebron-james-is-a-**********

Calm down phaggot I never claimed it was mine, I wasn't provided a link, I got it from another forum.

Now stop trying to talk with my balls in your mouth, I cannot understand you.

broncswin
07-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Lebron might be the worlds biggest a-hole

THIS.............and the NUGGS are really pissing me off..what a joke!

broncswin
07-08-2010, 12:49 PM

NICE:thanku:

Hotwheelz
07-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Calm down phaggot I never claimed it was mine, I wasn't provided a link, I got it from another forum.

Now stop trying to talk with my balls in your mouth, I cannot understand you.

When you write something and don't give credit to anyone, you're implicitly claiming it's yours. A simple "not mine, but funny" would've sufficed.

Rabb
07-08-2010, 12:54 PM
When you write something and don't give credit to anyone, you're implicitly claiming it's yours. A simple "not mine, but funny" would've sufficed.

or we can just enjoy it instead of being a dbag about it

either way

Killericon
07-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Best thing I've heard about this yet:

I think it's a cop-out. Any super-competitive person would rather beat Dwyane Wade than play with him. Don't you want to find the Ali to your Frazier and have that rival pull the greatness out of you? That's why I'm holding out hope that LeBron signs with New York or Chicago (or stays in Cleveland), because he'd be saying, "Fine. Kobe, Dwight and Melo all have their teams. Wade and Bosh have their team. The Celtics are still there. Durant's team is coming. I'm gonna go out and build MY team, and I'm kicking all their asses." That's what Jordan would have done. Hell, that's what Kobe would have done. In May, after the Cavs were ousted in the conference semifinals, I wrote that LeBron was facing one of the greatest sports decisions ever: "winning (Chicago), loyalty (Cleveland) or a chance at immortality (New York). I never thought he would pick "HELP!" (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100708)

Rabb
07-08-2010, 01:01 PM

you didn't link to it, THIEF!!!!!

24champ
07-08-2010, 01:10 PM
From that Deadspin article...

"And I don't begrudge him the right to play somewhere other than Cleveland. It's Cleveland. It blows. There's nothing to do in that town except masturbate and cry."

:rofl:

Flex Gunmetal
07-08-2010, 01:11 PM

Enchanting anecdote Hansel. I couldn't care less what you deem to be sufficient.
This is the orangemane, not the New Yorker.

TonyR
07-08-2010, 01:16 PM

Yup, on NBA hoops you have to go to Simmons. This is good, too:

Let's say LeBron signs with Miami. Can you even make the Finals with LeBron, Bosh, Wade and nine minimum-salary guys? Because that might be next year's team … and if that's what happens, the answer is "no effing way." You don't win titles just because of your top three. That belittles the meaning of guys like Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, Steve Kerr, John Paxson, Brian Shaw … you could go on for hours naming role players who swung a title. The 2008 Celts lucked out by getting James Posey, Eddie House and P.J. Brown for practically nothing; Miami wouldn't have that luxury this summer, not with so many role players jockeying for contracts one year before the possible lockout. Nobody is taking less money to showcase themselves for a summer that might not happen. Even if Miami could spin Michael Beasley for a fourth guy (say, Trevor Ariza), that's still not enough. They'd need one more rebounder, point guard, a 3-point shooter and a center. Good luck.

As is this:

A few weeks after the 2008 Summer Olympics, Someone Who Knows Things told me the following rumor: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Chris Paul became such good friends during the 2007 Olympic trials, and then during their 2008 Olympics excursion in Beijing, that they actually made a pact in China to play together. You know, like one of those pacts in a chick flick where two friends agree to get married if both of them are single when they turn 40.

As the rumor went, the 2010 free agents (LeBron, Wade and Bosh) would sign with the same team (at that point the Knicks if they created enough cap room), then Paul would join them in 2012 (or sooner). I thought this was the craziest thing I had ever heard -- so crazy, I only mentioned it once (in a November '08 column). It reminded me of being in my mid-20s in Las Vegas, gambling in the wee hours with my single high school buddies, then all of us drunkenly saying, "We should all pick one city and live there, we'd just go out and kill it every night!" Then you wake up the next morning and forget it was ever discussed. So even if the China rumor was true, that didn't mean it was actually going to happen. Or so I thought.

Ah, hell, the whole article is good.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100708

Killericon
07-08-2010, 01:20 PM
you didn't link to it, THIEF!!!!!

I totally did! Click on the quote.

Rabb
07-08-2010, 01:48 PM
I totally did! Click on the quote.

oh you sneaky Canadian bastard

I take it all back...but watch out, you might get in trouble for the link not being very clear...that is a no no!!!

:~ohyah!:

azbroncfan
07-08-2010, 01:53 PM
This whole lets have an hour special for me to announce my decision is a freaking joke.

24champ
07-08-2010, 02:10 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2rcs591.jpg

oubronco
07-08-2010, 02:11 PM
This whole lets have an hour special for me to announce my decision is a freaking joke.

Douchebaggery at its best

worm
07-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Completely redickulous.....and yet I will still turn it on and watch.

TonyR
07-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Don't blame LeBron, blame ESPN. You'd take a free hour show to promote yourself (assuming you had something to promote) if you could get it, right? Sure it's a little bit arrogant and "look at me" but it's business, and LeBron is a business man. Just smartly taking what he's given with a charity getting the loot.

Killericon
07-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Don't blame LeBron, blame ESPN. You'd take a free hour show to promote yourself (assuming you had something to promote) if you could get it, right? Sure it's a little bit arrogant and "look at me" but it's business, and LeBron is a business man. Just smartly taking what he's given with a charity getting the loot.

Bull****. Hate the player and the game.

gtown
07-08-2010, 03:10 PM

He created a Twitter account, launched his own website, and got an hour of primetime from ESPN. This guy is all about himself. Basketball hasn't been the same since Jordan became more of a brand than a player.

I for one will enjoy Lebron, Wade, and Bosh failing in Miami with 9 rookies/developmental league players.

OrangeCrush2724
07-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Loyalty got Garnett a lot by staying in Minnesota, who stayed their 7 years begging the team to get more help.

Whats not to like for a superstar player. Miami offers ability to play with great players, excellent weather year round, a lot of fun and different things to do, NO state tax, South beach, and beautiful girls everywhere. It just comes down to the fact that Labron does not have the confidence in the Cavs front office to put up a team that can strongly contend in the playoffs. Of course, even Jordan/Bryant needed players around him. Hurray, for him and others to take less money to go to a team that can bring championship.

But wait, how GREAT is DWade. I bet every team wishes they had a player that not only stays loyal, not only recruits superstars, but also wastes other teams time by showing interest.

OrangeCrush2724
07-08-2010, 03:57 PM
He created a Twitter account, launched his own website, and got an hour of primetime from ESPN. This guy is all about himself. Basketball hasn't been the same since Jordan became more of a brand than a player.

I for one will enjoy Lebron, Wade, and Bosh failing in Miami with 9 rookies/developmental league players.

I will guarantee you Pat will have a decent team with veterans itching to be on this team for a year or two, look good, and then get a bigger contract elsewhere.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I will guarantee you Pat will have a decent team with veterans itching to be on this team for a year or two, look good, and then get a bigger contract elsewhere.

not with the looming lockout. I bet they are stuck with rooks and d-leaguers...but playing with the three of them might speed their progress

cutthemdown
07-08-2010, 04:04 PM
I like it. Maybe Riley is one guy out there who can put stars together and make them play together. Going to be a tough team in Miami.

Also though Lebron better ring one up within 3 yrs. That is some pressure because injuries and bad luck can happen anytime. o excuses though. It's win it all or you're a complete joke for Lebron.

worm
07-08-2010, 04:11 PM
It's win it all or you're a complete joke for Lebron.

On the flip side. What a great challenge for Kobe. He got rid of the biggest monkey on his back with a Finals win against the Celtics.

How cool would it be if he led his team to beating the Fab 3 of Miami in the Finals next year to tie MJ?

24champ
07-08-2010, 04:28 PM
On the flip side. What a great challenge for Kobe. He got rid of the biggest monkey on his back with a Finals win against the Celtics.

How cool would it be if he led his team to beating the Fab 3 of Miami in the Finals next year to tie MJ?

Be a nice matchup...Kobe vs Wade, Artest vs Lebron, and Gasol vs Bosh.

Either way, Eastern Conference is going to be stacked, whoever comes out of that conference is going to be banged up. Orlando, Chicago, Boston, and now Miami stepped up.

Lakers road just got a lot easier with the way this off-season went. Plus our key players are getting healed up and gearing up for the three-peat. Ron Artests value just skyrocketed if James bolts for Miami.

TonyR
07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Simmons nails what LeBron should do:

What should LeBron do? Pick Chicago. That's where the rings are. The fact that he didn't say to Bosh, "Come to Chicago with me, we'll play with Rose and Noah and win six titles together" was the single most disappointing outcome of the summer. That team would have been a true juggernaut with pieces that actually complemented each other, unlike this pickup-basketball situation that's brewing in Miami. Even with Boozer there in Bosh's place -- and I think he's a great fit for them, with or without LeBron -- it could still translate to multiple titles, because Rose could have been the best second banana since Kobe in 2001.

Just know that Kobe would have caught a whiff of those rings and gone to Chicago. Same with Jordan. Same with Magic and Bird. Chicago had the biggest competitive advantage of anyone: room for two max guys along with an under-23 franchise point guard and one of the only elite defending/rebounding big men in basketball. How can you care about winning and NOT go to Chicago?

SonOfLe-loLang
07-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Simmons nails what LeBron should do:

What should LeBron do? Pick Chicago. That's where the rings are. The fact that he didn't say to Bosh, "Come to Chicago with me, we'll play with Rose and Noah and win six titles together" was the single most disappointing outcome of the summer. That team would have been a true juggernaut with pieces that actually complemented each other, unlike this pickup-basketball situation that's brewing in Miami. Even with Boozer there in Bosh's place -- and I think he's a great fit for them, with or without LeBron -- it could still translate to multiple titles, because Rose could have been the best second banana since Kobe in 2001.

Just know that Kobe would have caught a whiff of those rings and gone to Chicago. Same with Jordan. Same with Magic and Bird. Chicago had the biggest competitive advantage of anyone: room for two max guys along with an under-23 franchise point guard and one of the only elite defending/rebounding big men in basketball. How can you care about winning and NOT go to Chicago?

I still dont agree with this. Derrick Rose is a career 24 percent 3 pt shooter (EEEEK). Chicago has nothing that even resembles a long distance gunner, plus chicago has never paid the luxury tax penalty. (they will have to sign rose and noah back). its a nice choice for Bron, but not his best choice.

TonyR
07-08-2010, 05:54 PM
I still dont agree with this. Derrick Rose is a career 24 percent 3 pt shooter (EEEEK). Chicago has nothing that even resembles a long distance gunner, plus chicago has never paid the luxury tax penalty. (they will have to sign rose and noah back). its a nice choice for Bron, but not his best choice.

I agree with you luxury tax point but otherwise completely disagree. What's his "best choice" if not Chicago? Rose is going to be special, Noah is a very good role player, and now they have Boozer. What choice is even close?

Homer Simpson
07-08-2010, 06:02 PM
The cringeworthy show has started. Still saying Miami.

spdirty
07-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Can't wait to see Cleveland get their hearts ripped out again. Gonna be funny.

Homer Simpson
07-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Mort report on the soon to go down twitter.

Very connected sports celebrity @ Manning Camp just got a text saying Miami, too, for LeBron

gtown
07-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Even the people on the suicide hotline in Cleveland are on suicide watch. 60-40 Miami over Chicago. Chicago would be sick next year with Lebron.

titan
07-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Only good thing about this: highlights on espn of how Cleveland has been disappointed over the years, including "the drive" and "the fumble"!

serious hops
07-08-2010, 06:21 PM

Okay, but other than that how do you feel about the guy?

Homer Simpson
07-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Cut to the chase for the LOVE OF GOD!!!!

spdirty
07-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Come on, pick Denver!!!!!!!!

spdirty
07-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Miami

SouthStndJunkie
07-08-2010, 06:30 PM
That is the chump way out to try and win some titles.

Have fun being D-Wade's pool boy.

Hercules Rockefeller
07-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Most hated Cleveland sports figure?

LeBron or Modell?

SonOfLe-loLang
07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
This just reeks. I dont like the choice. I hope they cant put some egos aside

Kid A
07-08-2010, 06:35 PM
God I hope this experiment crashes and burns. They should compete for a title, but I don't see it as a given unless they talk some solid older guys to take the pay cut.

OBF1
07-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Let's see what the 3 stooges have to offer the rest of the NBA. Bosh and James have not been able to do a thing, maybe this way they can make it to the finals.

Chris
07-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Basketball officially sucks. 3 more weeks till training camp!

FADERPROOF
07-08-2010, 06:37 PM
.....still gathering myself....

gunns
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Is there a more snake bit sports city than Cleveland? I hope it works out for James, I don't see him having the ego problems with people that Kobe had with Shaq but who knows. Seems to me the people complaining the loudest are Cleveland native, understandable, and Laker fans, LOL! As with any sport, and something Elway can attest to, you have to surround yourself, and James has.

spdirty
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
LOL hey Cleveland, at least you guys still have the Indians and Browns.

Broncosfreak_56
07-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Lebron can burn in hell.

FADERPROOF
07-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Aren't Kings supposed to lead? Not choke, quit and run away...

Finger Roll
07-08-2010, 06:50 PM
damn the Heat should win be unbeatable now. 70 wins and a title

Hogan11
07-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Multiple James jersey fires in Cleveland....can't say I blame them one bit

Kid A
.....still gathering myself....

Let it out.

I don't think he owed it to the city to stick around - he's a grown adult who should feel free to work where is best for him and his family, he gave 7 years, they never quite got him the #2 he needed, etc.

Doing it like this, though. On an national TV special. Brutal. Especially when it's apparent he, Wade, and Bosh had this planned way back. Glad Wilbon has been blunt with questions about Cleveland's reaction.

Natedog24
I like that a major sports figure cares more about winning championships then making $$$ or being the only superstar in town.

Irish Stout
I feel really bad for Cleveland. I also think Lebron is a selfish dbagging arsewipe for putting that city through so much termoil just to garner the limelight to himself while he made this decision. He should've made the decision quietly and announced it in a more off the cuff manner... not played with ESPN and the national media days out from the announcement.

Lebron, what you've done is what any egomaniacal human being would do if they believe the world only revolved around them. Watch the fallout.

Irish Stout
07-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I like that a major sports figure cares more about winning championships then making $$$ or being the only superstar in town.

Dodgers suck donkey poo.

Kid A
07-08-2010, 06:53 PM
damn the Heat should win be unbeatable now. 70 wins and a title

I'll believe it when I see it. Far from a given. I'm no NBA historian, but you need solid support from all areas to go all the way. They might be all-stars at three spots, but if they field scrubs at the other two spots (and have no bench) it won't mean much. What they do to fill out the roster will be interesting.

24champ
07-08-2010, 06:54 PM
LOL @ the burning Lebron James jersey. Made the whole special worth it right there.

rmsanger
He basically just told the cleveland fans to go fux themselves...

FADERPROOF
Let it out.

I don't think he owed it to the city to stick around - he's a grown adult who should feel free to work where is best for him and his family, he gave 7 years, they never quite got him the #2 he needed, etc.

Doing it like this, though. On an national TV special. Brutal. Especially when it's apparent he, Wade, and Bosh had this planned way back. Glad Wilbon has been blunt with questions about Cleveland's reaction.

LeBron built this roster, and then used it as an excuse to leave.

Hogan11
07-08-2010, 06:56 PM
There should be no problem getting Cav tickets now.......

Finger Roll
07-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Far from a given. I'm no NBA historian, but you need solid support from all areas to go all the way. They might be all-stars at three spots, but if they field scrubs at the other two spots (and have no bench) it won't mean much. What they do to fill out the roster will be interesting.

they'll have no problem getting good bench players to play for them. I would be shocked if they don't win a title this year or next.

Boobs McGee
07-08-2010, 06:57 PM
sucks for cleveland fans.

Really thought he would win at least ONE there eventually

OBF1
07-08-2010, 06:58 PM
I get the surrounding themselfs with other players. They still need a point gaurd and a center to make it work. They do not have a single banger in the middle to do the dirty work and alter the opponents guys from driving the lane. As a Laker fan, I am not upset at all, I think fans of other teams in the east that are going to be pissed about the way things unfolded. Poor Knicks, Nets and Bulls fans... They unloaded their teams to land one of the big name free agents and all they got was Stoudemire.

24champ
07-08-2010, 07:01 PM
sucks for cleveland fans.

Really thought he would win at least ONE there eventually

Cleveland can now trade for Carmelo. Ha!

BroncoSojia
07-08-2010, 07:03 PM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2281/umad2.png

gunns
07-08-2010, 07:04 PM
I feel really bad for Cleveland. I also think Lebron is a selfish dbagging arsewipe for putting that city through so much termoil just to garner the limelight to himself while he made this decision. He should've made the decision quietly and announced it in a more off the cuff manner... not played with ESPN and the national media days out from the announcement.

Lebron, what you've done is what any egomaniacal human being would do if they believe the world only revolved around them. Watch the fallout.

What fallout? While I agree about the whole ESPN thing, the guy did what was best for him....just like Elway. I have no problem with that. The spotlight was already on him, has been for weeks. He owed nothing to Cleveland, it's a business.

Boobs McGee
07-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Cleveland can now trade for Carmelo. Ha!

:thumbsup: ^5

can you imagine the meltdown here in denver?

Kid A
07-08-2010, 07:12 PM
LeBron built this roster, and then used it as an excuse to leave.

It seems now, though, the only thing that would have kept him there is if he could have gotten a couple of his all-star BFFs to join him. And Cleveland was a tough sell, especially when it is clear LeBron was willing to give in and join their team in the end. They made some kind of pact on the Olympic team, and then decided to gift ****ing Miami sports fans with their presence.

Ugly end to the LeBron - Cleveland relationship. Hope the young Bulls or Magic have what it takes to maybe upset this team come April and May.

ohiobronco2
07-08-2010, 07:16 PM
I feel terrible for die hard Cleveland fans. While I'm a little disappointed, I'm excited to see how this is going to unfold. This is either going to be a tremendous success or an epic failure. The only thing that pisses me off is the hour long special to reveal his decision.

Maximus
07-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Meanwhile the Boston Celtics sign Jermaine O'Neal another piece to their puzzle. Anyone who thinks that Miami is going to just walk through the eastern conference needs to sit back and evaluate. Orlando, is one David Lee or Mike Miller signing away from pounding Boston. It may take several seasons before Miami makes the finals

24champ
07-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Meanwhile the Boston Celtics sign Jermaine O'Neal another piece to their puzzle. Anyone who thinks that Miami is going to just walk through the eastern conference needs to sit back and evaluate. Orlando, is one David Lee or Mike Miller signing away from pounding Boston. It may take several seasons before Miami makes the finals

Chicago is a team on the rise too, and they got their inside banger in Boozer. I wouldn't count out Chicago yet. Plus the Knicks/Bulls/Cleveland could trade for Carmelo whom Denver is looking to trade ASAP.

Miami has a tough road through the East.

ohiobronco2
07-08-2010, 07:24 PM
I wonder if either of these videos were a part of the pitch Cleveland made to LBJ. :D

"Our economy is based on LeBron James." Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM&feature=related

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysmLA5TqbIY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

TonyR
07-08-2010, 07:31 PM
they'll have no problem getting good bench players to play for them. I would be shocked if they don't win a title this year or next.

With what money? Who's the point guard? Who's the center? LeBron should have gone to Chicago.

oubronco
07-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Go Magic!!!

Irish Stout
07-08-2010, 07:33 PM
What fallout? While I agree about the whole ESPN thing, the guy did what was best for him....just like Elway. I have no problem with that. The spotlight was already on him, has been for weeks. He owed nothing to Cleveland, it's a business.

Really??

I agree with you that Elway and Lebron both had and should use their stardom and power to their own benefit. And both burned bridges on the way to what they wanted by being stuborn about it. The comparison stops there. Elway never demanded days out to do an hour long special on himself and his decision and I highly doubt that any other top caliber player in any sport would do that... especially if they treated their HOMETOWN to an abysmal attempt at pretending to try in the final playoff game.

Seriously, Lebron has every right to be selfish and go where he wants and have things be about just him. But the way he did it without making his decision a benefit to his current city and home, he just showed that he is a shallow and immature person. An hour long special for that was capital R stupid. And I'm not going to be the only person in the world who thinks so.

People are going to now look at Lebron with similar disdain as they look on Kobe. No denying the kid can play, but do you really like him as a person? Can you get over that enough to root for him or even want to watch him if you're not a fan of the heat? I'm sure a lot of people can... others will be silently and vocally cheering for him to fail.

Maximus
07-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Chicago is a team on the rise too, and they got their inside banger in Boozer. I wouldn't count out Chicago yet. Plus the Knicks/Bulls/Cleveland could trade for Carmelo whom Denver is looking to trade ASAP.

Exactly imagine Chicago with that last piece they are only a couple of players away

Killericon
07-08-2010, 07:41 PM

WHERE IS YOUR 4TH RATE WEBSITE NOW?!?

Also, **** LeBron.

spdirty
07-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Plus the Knicks/Bulls/Cleveland could trade for Carmelo whom Denver is looking to trade ASAP.

Bull****.

RhymesayersDU
07-08-2010, 08:11 PM
It didn't play out like I thought it might in Chicago but basically the same deal. Bron and Bosh get with a third great player.

To be honest even w/o Bosh I think Chicago was the better spot. But this team is still better than Cleveland.

The next month or so will be VERY interesting for diehard NBA fans. I'm very intrigued to see how the Heat will fill out the roster. Right off the top of my head, I think Shaq perhaps would come cheap to play the 5 spot. Chalmers/Wade/Bron/Bosh/Shaq would be a nice starting 5. The role players will be crucial. If they can get a bench together, this team will be nasty.

24champ
07-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Bull****.

You'll have to trade Carmelo if he isn't going to extend with the Nuggets. You don't want a Lebron James situation and let Carmelo walk for nothing.

RhymesayersDU
07-08-2010, 08:19 PM
You'll have to trade Carmelo if he isn't going to extend with the Nuggets. You don't want a Lebron James situation and let Carmelo walk for nothing.

I agree with that, but with the CBA uncertainty, he'd be foolish not to take $65 million guaranteed. I mean, anything can happen but I think he's between a rock and a hard place here.

Not trying to be a homer but the economics points to him signing, IMO.

RhymesayersDU
07-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Huge LOL @ Dan Gilbert's statement to Cavs fans:

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

ohiobronco2
07-08-2010, 08:27 PM

Just beat me to it. Good for Gilbert.

DBroncos4life
07-08-2010, 08:35 PM
I was a Cavs fan before James and I will be after. It sucks that he is gone though he won't be replaced anytime soon.

DB-Freak
07-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Now the teams are gonna stack their defense in the paint with those three on the team.

Gonna need some floor spacers on that team now.

Broncoman13
07-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Well he will be selling that team in a year or two!

What is realistic for them?

spdirty
07-08-2010, 08:49 PM

Uh huh. The big IF. IF he doesnt resign we would look to move him. Right now they are doing everything they can to move KMart to a team that wants an expiring contact so they could free up space to get a Luis Scola in here, or at least a big that would keep melo here.

But if he signs the deal http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_15445709 there is absolutely no way they would even think about trading him.

RhymesayersDU
07-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Uh huh. The big IF. IF he doesnt resign we would look to move him. Right now they are doing everything they can to move KMart to a team that wants an expiring contact so they could free up space to get a Luis Scola in here, or at least a big that would keep melo here.

But if he signs the deal http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_15445709 there is absolutely no way they would even think about trading him.

The whole "no way" thing is certainly a coach-speak type thing. Fact is, nobody knows what tomorrow will bring. We may be having this same conversation in 3 years (assuming Carmelo signs).

But again, I think he signs due to the CBA issues.

Kid A
07-08-2010, 08:55 PM

Wow. Probably a great PR move by him in Cleveland, not sure how much grounds he has to rip James for the whole "witness" and "King" thing when they marketed it/made major money off it for years. "Cowardly betrayal" is probably a little strong for a guy leaving in FA after 7 years too.

Can't disagree with the disgust at the spectacle it was and I appreciate his honesty/identifying with the fans...but the bitterness is a little over-the-top for someone who knows it's a business and was a major beneficiary of James for years.

spdirty
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Then again I dont know wtf the Nugs brass are doing. Things are so ****ed up up there that I dont even think they know what they're doing. I do know though that melo's message to the Nuggets is "If you want me here, improve the ****ing frontcourt!" And i appreciate it and understand it, and if they don't improve the frontcourt and melo goes somewhere else then no hard feelings for melo but **** THE NUGGETS!

Orange4Life
07-08-2010, 09:02 PM

Holy **** that's real!!! I read it and thought it was a joke till I saw the link. That's great. Lebron better be out of Cleveland all ready. He can never go back

Man-Goblin
07-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Kudos to Dan Gilbert for casting a spell on Lebron.

I cast a spell on Jay Cutler last year called "interceptimenta", causing one to lose one's ability to recognize who is on their own team. Seems to have worked so far.

worm
07-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Great response by Gilbert. I can't believe that LeBron didn't feel he owed the Cavs to call Gilbert and let him know about his decision before his primetime circus.

LeBron could be the most self-involved person I have ever seen. I don't begrudge him going....but he owed the City of Cleveland more than he gave them on his exit.

He said repeatedly tonight how much he has done for the Cav franchise in the last seven years....maybe he should have focused instead on what he was given by the people of Cleveland and the Cav franchise.

ohiobronco2
07-08-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't know if Gilbert's letter is going to help Cleveland lure any top notch free agents. Hilarious! This has only started to unfold.

cutthemdown
07-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Be a nice matchup...Kobe vs Wade, Artest vs Lebron, and Gasol vs Bosh.

Either way, Eastern Conference is going to be stacked, whoever comes out of that conference is going to be banged up. Orlando, Chicago, Boston, and now Miami stepped up.

Lakers road just got a lot easier with the way this off-season went. Plus our key players are getting healed up and gearing up for the three-peat. Ron Artests value just skyrocketed if James bolts for Miami.

I totally agree. Not one big star to the west. Also I like the point guard lakers picked up. Just a role player but we needed some help there.

Man-Goblin
07-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Great response by Gilbert. I can't believe that LeBron didn't feel he owed the Cavs to call Gilbert and let him know about his decision before his primetime circus.

LeBron could be the most self-involved person I have ever seen. I don't begrudge him going....but he owed the City of Cleveland more than he gave them on his exit.

He said repeatedly tonight how much he has done for the Cav franchise in the last seven years....maybe he should have focused instead on what he was given by the people of Cleveland and the Cav franchise.

His top advisors seem to consist of his slut mom and the rest of the starting 5 on his high school team. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Nike nudged him this way.

Way out there conspiracy theory #1: Lebron says that his decision was made based on his best chance to win. But anyone with half of a brain knows that was Chicago.

Michael Jordan REALLY doesn't want Lebron in Chicago for his own self serving reasons. MJ uses his influence to get Nike to nudge Lebron to South Beach because, ya know, three major Nike guys on the same high profile roster!

Lebron eats it up, goes to Miami to play 3 on 5 every night. Ultra competitive Jordan happy legacy is secure, cracks smile, goes back to throwing dice.

Maybe? Yeah, probably not.

SouthStndJunkie
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365793

Cavs owner: LeBron quit during playoffs

SouthStndJunkie
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
In a phone interview with the AP, Gilbert says "people have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."

Gilbert says James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics, who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

"He quit," Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

24champ
07-08-2010, 10:14 PM
In a phone interview with the AP, Gilbert says "people have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."

Gilbert says James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics, who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

"He quit," Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

No doubt, I thought maybe Lebron tanked that series as well. He played like garbage in those games.

SouthStndJunkie
07-08-2010, 10:15 PM
No doubt, I thought maybe Lebron tanked that series as well. He played like garbage in those games.

At the very least, he looked extremely disinterested in that series.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-08-2010, 10:20 PM
His top advisors seem to consist of his slut mom and the rest of the starting 5 on his high school team. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Nike nudged him this way.

Way out there conspiracy theory #1: Lebron says that his decision was made based on his best chance to win. But anyone with half of a brain knows that was Chicago.

Michael Jordan REALLY doesn't want Lebron in Chicago for his own self serving reasons. MJ uses his influence to get Nike to nudge Lebron to South Beach because, ya know, three major Nike guys on the same high profile roster!

Lebron eats it up, goes to Miami to play 3 on 5 every night. Ultra competitive Jordan happy legacy is secure, cracks smile, goes back to throwing dice.

Maybe? Yeah, probably not.

I have more than half a brain and i dont think Chicago was the best place for him for a few reasons.

I also dont buy that Bron "quit" Though i do think his elbow was hurting him a lot more than he lead on.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-08-2010, 10:22 PM
I get the surrounding themselfs with other players. They still need a point gaurd and a center to make it work. They do not have a single banger in the middle to do the dirty work and alter the opponents guys from driving the lane. As a Laker fan, I am not upset at all, I think fans of other teams in the east that are going to be pissed about the way things unfolded. Poor Knicks, Nets and Bulls fans... They unloaded their teams to land one of the big name free agents and all they got was Stoudemire.

Im a knicks fan and now disappointed that we have Amare's bloated contract for the next five years. Oh well, we've sucked for ten, whats another ten

SonOfLe-loLang
07-08-2010, 10:25 PM

Mark my words, the only team that will beat Miami is themselves. If the players figure out a way to put egos aside and play team basketball (and stay healthy) they are the favorites. Not only will the three play well, but they will heighten the game of the crappy players around them (and if Beasley can get it going, he's not a bad 4th option.)

But the question is, can they put egos aside and make it work? This is has the potential to be a Jordan/Pippen situation. Question is, who is Pippen?

ZONA
07-08-2010, 10:41 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2986/566193-dwyane_wade_large.jpg

+

http://notqualifiedtocomment.com/wp-content/uploads/nba_g_bosh_268x350.jpg

+

http://drewporter.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/lebron-james.jpg

=

http://missouricolumns.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/nba_trophy_white.jpg

ZONA
07-08-2010, 10:45 PM
This Miami team now reminds of how the Bulls were back in the Jordan days. You had 2 major stars in Jordan and Pippen and Grant was the talented big. Wade and James are kinda the same slashers Jordan and Pippen were but I think Bosh is a step above what Grant was. All Miami needs now is a servicable 7 footer and a few scrub bigs and then some decent long ranger shooters. This team could be the first to win 4 championships in a row. I'm not a Miami fan but I'm probably going to watch alot of their games now.

24champ
07-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Mark my words, the only team that will beat Miami is themselves. If the players figure out a way to put egos aside and play team basketball (and stay healthy) they are the favorites. Not only will the three play well, but they will heighten the game of the crappy players around them (and if Beasley can get it going, he's not a bad 4th option.)

But the question is, can they put egos aside and make it work? This is has the potential to be a Jordan/Pippen situation. Question is, who is Pippen?

I highly doubt it given what I have seen tonight from Lebum and the way he carried himself through this whole process. Winners have that whatever it takes attitude, and honestly I don't see that in Lebum. I see it in all the great players like Bird, Magic, Jordan, Isiah, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan etc.

azbroncfan
07-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Well one thing you can say about LeBron is it wasn't about the money and stature. I don't like the whole 1 hour espn special but 3 stars are taking less money to try and win.

ZONA
07-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Well one thing you can say about LeBron is it wasn't about the money and stature. I don't like the whole 1 hour espn special but 3 stars are taking less money to try and win.

Yeah, that's not something you see often. Anybody who is questioning ego, it's already sorta been answered. These guys are taking much less then what they could have been paid. Winning is taking a higher priority then the dollar.

And I believe all the proceeds for that special were given to the Boys and Girls Club, so it's not like Lebron was trying to profit dollars off of it.

yerner
07-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Lebrons a giant Ahole. Who gives a crap if he wins now. He had to ride Wades sack to do it. And if he doesn't wins, he's a failure. It really just makes me hate the NBA even more. The only person Lebron wants a championship for is his giant ego thats in his massive empty head and the fake Miami fans. I hope he blows out his knee and Mario Chalmers wheelbarrels his mom Delonte West style. End of rant. Sorry.

24champ
07-08-2010, 11:36 PM

Like taking a couple million dollar paycut is going to really cramp their lifestyles. These guys make insane amount of money in salary and endorsements. If anything their endorsements go up. So this "Lebron is taking a pay cut to play with the Heat is honorable thing to do" is BS.

Killericon
07-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Yeah, that's not something you see often. Anybody who is questioning ego, it's already sorta been answered. These guys are taking much less then what they could have been paid. Winning is taking a higher priority then the dollar.

And I believe all the proceeds for that special were given to the Boys and Girls Club, so it's not like Lebron was trying to profit dollars off of it.

LeBron has all the dollars he'll ever need. It's about ego.

SportinOne
07-09-2010, 01:53 AM

i don't think so. Joining Miami takes the biggest chunk out of his PPG with Wade and Bosh. In Chicago, Rose and Boozer would have deferred to him more often than not, and in New York, Cleveland, and Jersey he would have been the unquestioned primary scorer before he even signed the contract.

He took less money and less scoring to go to Miami. Why?

Winning

Now all of a sudden he's an asshole? Jordan was an asshole. Kobe is an asshole. Borderline sociopaths if you really want to get technical. Lebron really doesn't have that killer instinct, he's just really, really athletically gifted and extremely talented at the game of basketball.

The Cavs owner is completely unprofessional and is just trying to get more PR for his team so that the arena isn't completely empty next season. They are going to be awful. Not Lebron's fault. He took an awful team to an NBA Finals.

oh.. and it makes no sense to say that since the East is now stacked that the West has a better shot. If that were true then the East would have won more titles the last 10 years. Accept the fact that there is a power shift happening as we speak, and it will continue. Melo will be one of the key points in this.

theAPAOps5
07-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Kobe and MJ put teams on their backs and carried them to a title. Ledouche isn't capable of that so he has to go find help. I think it definitely diminishes his image as the king. To me he is more like Scottie Pippen than MJ. Great talent but needs others to help him get the title.

Killericon
07-09-2010, 02:02 AM
i don't think so. Joining Miami takes the biggest chunk out of his PPG with Wade and Bosh. In Chicago, Rose and Boozer would have deferred to him more often than not, and in New York, Cleveland, and Jersey he would have been the unquestioned primary scorer before he even signed the contract.

Winning

Now all of a sudden he's an a-hole? Jordan was an a-hole. Kobe is an a-hole. Borderline sociopaths if you really want to get technical. Lebron really doesn't have that killer instinct, he's just really, really athletically gifted and extremely talented at the game of basketball.

The Cavs owner is completely unprofessional and is just trying to get more PR for his team so that the arena isn't completely empty next season. They are going to be awful. Not Lebron's fault. He took an awful team to an NBA Finals.

oh.. and it makes no sense to say that since the East is now stacked that the West has a better shot. If that were true then the East would have won more titles the last 10 years. Accept the fact that there is a power shift happening as we speak, and it will continue. Melo will be one of the key points in this.

LeBron joining the Heat doesn't make him an a-hole. I always figured he'd leave.

Him having an hour long primetime TV special to announce what team he's going to sign with makes him an a-hole. A colossal ****ing a-hole. Anyone who tries to justify that charade is talking out of their ass. Lebron soaked up every moment of it. It was pathetic.

Also, I don't buy the "East is better now" argument. Wade, Bosh and LeBron were all in the east before. Sure, the Heat are better now than any team out of the east in some time, but noone in the west got any worse today.

P.S.

I like how you criticize the Cavs owner for making a giant PR move, while at the same time defending LeBron. Hilarious.

theAPAOps5
07-09-2010, 02:07 AM
LeBron joining the Heat doesn't make him an a-hole. I always figured he'd leave.

Him having an hour long primetime TV special to announce what team he's going to sign with makes him an a-hole. A colossal ****ing a-hole. Anyone who tries to justify that charade is talking out of their ass. Lebron soaked up every moment of it. It was pathetic.

Also, I don't buy the "East is better now" argument. Wade, Bosh and LeBron were all in the east before. Sure, the Heat are better now than any team out of the east in some time, but noone in the west got any worse today.

I would say the Jazz got worse losing Boozer. The Nuggets not locking up Melo and losing out on Oneal also are not better. OKC is better locking up their guy and of course the Lakers are still the favorites. The East definitely looks to be the up and comers though.

I hope it blows up in Ledouches face. I like Wade but he is now tainted by that wannabe.

TDmvp
07-09-2010, 02:27 AM
Not being a Cavs fan I didn't really care where he went , and loved watching him blow vs the the Celts who i like ... I guess part of me felt bad for them and would like to see him stay there cause I know how bad they hate life as far as sports from all them hounding me for being a Elway fan ...

But Espn and him are even more lame in my book after that whole thing...
Please tell me this don't become the norm where every jerk off wants to have his own show to just make a announcement ...

One of the dumbest weeks in sports history. A hour show to see where someone is going and the biggest thing he has done is get swept in the finals ...Hilarious! , very weak sauce .

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/Lebron%20James/-weareallwitnessesfail.jpg

bronco610
07-09-2010, 02:35 AM
So if the heat do win several titles what will you say then ????? Luck.

TonyR
07-09-2010, 05:38 AM
I have more than half a brain and i dont think Chicago was the best place for him for a few reasons.

You keep saying this but never elaborate. What situation was nearly as good as Chicago?

oubronco
07-09-2010, 06:07 AM

Welcome to Miami

titan
07-09-2010, 06:26 AM
my favorite tweet of the night:

RT @Josh_Moczygemba Apparently LeBron knew he couldn't be the man in Cleveland since Hillis arrived.

azbroncfan
07-09-2010, 06:39 AM
Like taking a couple million dollar paycut is going to really cramp their lifestyles. These guys make insane amount of money in salary and endorsements. If anything their endorsements go up. So this "Lebron is taking a pay cut to play with the Heat is honorable thing to do" is BS.

So 30 million is a couple million dollars of chump change huh? Not to mention I'll bet he won't get as many endorsements playing on a stacked team. I didn't say it was honorable to go to miami but in this world where we rip on these guys for chasing dollars the is a perfect example of that not happening.

CEH
07-09-2010, 07:08 AM

I agree. His image is tarnished. Why Greenwich Conniecut? No even headquarters for Boys Club. What was that all about. He gave himself a predetermined deadline so he knew where he was going. Only reason I can think is to throw ppl off the scent. Question is scent of what? Scent of his own ego and he made it a "No ring" circus

PaintballCLE
07-09-2010, 07:10 AM
so james never returned one phone call or text message to the cavs owners since the season ended...........sound familliar? (sorry had to do it!)

gunns
07-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Kobe and MJ put teams on their backs and carried them to a title. Ledouche isn't capable of that so he has to go find help. I think it definitely diminishes his image as the king. To me he is more like Scottie Pippen than MJ. Great talent but needs others to help him get the title.

BS. There is only one sports figure that has taken a team on his back to a Championship and even he couldn't win it all without a team around him and that was Elway. Kobe had a team and won Championships, when that team was broken up it took Kobe 8 years to get another team and go back and win. Jordan had a team around him also. Granted both were the stars but it definitely was not just them. People like to grasp that media hype and diminish the people around them to glorify them. Please.

gunns
07-09-2010, 07:30 AM

Winning

Now all of a sudden he's an a-hole? Jordan was an a-hole. Kobe is an a-hole. Borderline sociopaths if you really want to get technical. Lebron really doesn't have that killer instinct, he's just really, really athletically gifted and extremely talented at the game of basketball.

This.

So much of this sounds like what Elway went through. It's a business. Seems to me Elway and Manning doing what was best for them worked out despite the dogging such as on this board. We'll see what happens with James. Maybe the media and the OM posters will be correct, but that isn't what generally happens.

RhymesayersDU
07-09-2010, 08:12 AM
I also find the loyalty rant by Dan Gilbert wildly hilarious.

Gilbert just fired Mike Brown and Danny Ferry.

Loyalty!

SonOfLe-loLang
07-09-2010, 08:13 AM
You keep saying this but never elaborate. What situation was nearly as good as Chicago?

I've explained it a few times actually in various posts. But in a nutshell (and, im not saying Chicago would have been great for Bron, I'm just saying i dont think it was the best fit out of all his choices).

Mostly because Derrick Rose (who would be his second in command) plays the same exact game as Lebron. They both need the ball in their hands, both drive and kick guys. And just because Rose plays point guard, its not like he's an amazing distributor of the ball (averages 6 assts a game, not exactly steve nash). Now since Bron would have the ball in his hands mostly (otherwise youre wasting him), Rose would need to develop a reliable jumpshot (he doesnt have anything close to that now...24 percent career shooter from 3). And speaking of jump shooters, Chicago doesn't even have anything that resembles one, which was oneof Lebron's biggest problems on cleveland. Also, Deng isn't a bad player, but is now useless on a Bron led team, so youd have to ship his ass out of town. On top of all this, Chicago has never once paid the luxury tax and would have Rose's and Noah's contracts coming up soon, so will they actually pay those guys or let them walk?

The Knicks foundation, style, and future cap space just made more sense to me. Maybe not for next year, but definitely over the next 5-6.

OABB
07-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Thank god I love Kobe and am a lakers fan. That is all.

TonyR
07-09-2010, 08:20 AM
The Knicks foundation, style, and future cap space just made more sense to me. Maybe not for next year, but definitely over the next 5-6.

Going to NY would have been the bold and more interesting move for sure, but he wouldn't have had the parts in place around him in NY like he would have in Chi. Boozer, Noah, Rose, and some young talent. And many of the points you made about potentially not working with Rose are very much similar reasons why he may not work with Wade in Miami. I think this is mostly about some childish pact these guys made to play together.

Kaylore
07-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Lebron will go to a city that doesn't suck and play with a real team and have a shot at winning. I love all the stupid Laker fans with their talent-loaded teams saying Lebron sucks, when they turn around and say John Elway was better than Montana and if their teams were switched Elway would have four rings.

Hypocrites, all of you. But then you're rapist-worshiping Laker fans.

rbackfactory80
07-09-2010, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=McApaOps5;2879247]I would say the Jazz got worse losing Boozer. The Nuggets not locking up Melo and losing out on Oneal also are not better. OKC is better locking up their guy and of course the Lakers are still the favorites. The East definitely looks to be the up and comers though.

I hope it blows up in Ledouches face. I like Wade but he is now tainted by that wannabe.[/QUOTE

Not to mention the suns and Amare.

Lev Vyvanse
07-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Lebron will go to a city that doesn't suck and play with a real team and have a shot at winning. I love all the stupid Laker fans with their talent-loaded teams saying Lebron sucks, when they turn around and say John Elway was better than Montana and if their teams were switched Elway would have four rings.

Hypocrites, all of you. But then you're rapist-worshiping Laker fans.

I'd like to know how you really feel. You seem to be holding back.

BroncoLifer
07-09-2010, 08:45 AM
So who can provide some analysis of the rest of the Heat roster? It'll be Lebron, Wade, Bosh and a bunch of total scrubs, right? Can that really work?

SonOfLe-loLang
07-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Going to NY would have been the bold and more interesting move for sure, but he wouldn't have had the parts in place around him in NY like he would have in Chi. Boozer, Noah, Rose, and some young talent. And many of the points you made about potentially not working with Rose are very much similar reasons why he may not work with Wade in Miami. I think this is mostly about some childish pact these guys made to play together.

Comparing Dwayne Wade and Derrick Rose is absurd at this point. Perhaps Rose will develop into a Wade, but chances are he won't. Wade and Bron both can do pretty much anything, jack of all trades, masters of all. They will be just fine together assuming they can put their egos aside in the name of winning. And then adding Bosh to that mix? Ouch Whatever role players they surround those three with will be better just from playing with them. The main concern id have about that big three is they'll have to burn 40 min a night for 100 games. Thats a hell of a pace to keep up. And if one of em gets hurt? Good luck.

The reason i liked Bron on the knicks was I think he'd be incredible in D'Antoni's style of offense, and teamed up with Amare, they'd be the most devastating pick and roll combo of all time. Also, the one thing the knicks have that chicago doesn't is shooters...and a lot of em. 21 year old Danilo Gallinari is a top 3 3pt shooter already and is just improving. Toney Douglas shot 3's at a 40 percent clip last year. And wilson chandler proved to be a viable swing guy and scorer. Plus, they just drafted Rautins this year who is a great shooter (and would get tons of open looks in this offense). On top of that, the knicks have the cap room next year to secure a Carmelo (should he be a free agent, who would be AWESOME with Bron) or maybe even Chris Paul (who is awesome with anyone). And the Knicks have proven time and time again they'll pay whatever money necessary. Might not have been the best team NEXT YEAR, but over the course of 5? That would be a sweet team. Plus, you win one championship in NYC, you're immortal. Ask Mark Messier, still a hero in New York. And thats hockey!

Beantown Bronco
07-09-2010, 08:51 AM
So who can provide some analysis of the rest of the Heat roster? It'll be Lebron, Wade, Bosh and a bunch of total scrubs, right? Can that really work?

All they have to do is bring in and hit on one or two league minimum type role players like Boston did a few years ago when they had their "big three" and they'll be fine. People act like it's a forgone conclusion that the rest of the roster will suck because they won't be big money guys, but that's not necessarily the case.

At least one available guy with talent will take relative peanuts to play for a perceived Finals favorite. I'd be shocked if that's not the case.

TonyR
07-09-2010, 08:58 AM
All they have to do...

If you buy what Simmons said it may not be that easy:

The 2008 Celts lucked out by getting James Posey, Eddie House and P.J. Brown for practically nothing; Miami wouldn't have that luxury this summer, not with so many role players jockeying for contracts one year before the possible lockout. Nobody is taking less money to showcase themselves for a summer that might not happen. Even if Miami could spin Michael Beasley for a fourth guy (say, Trevor Ariza), that's still not enough. They'd need one more rebounder, point guard, a 3-point shooter and a center. Good luck.

And they already gave Beasley away for nothing.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-09-2010, 09:03 AM
If you buy what Simmons said it may not be that easy:

The 2008 Celts lucked out by getting James Posey, Eddie House and P.J. Brown for practically nothing; Miami wouldn't have that luxury this summer, not with so many role players jockeying for contracts one year before the possible lockout. Nobody is taking less money to showcase themselves for a summer that might not happen. Even if Miami could spin Michael Beasley for a fourth guy (say, Trevor Ariza), that's still not enough. They'd need one more rebounder, point guard, a 3-point shooter and a center. Good luck.

And they already gave Beasley away for nothing.

This is true, though im not sure what they are doing with Beasley's extra cash. If its to fill out max contracts, that wouldnt work in their favor. If they accept less cash and bring Mike Miller aboard...well, there's your dynamic shooter. Also, what simmons failed to mention is that this big three is MUCH better than Boston's big three. If people expect this team to suck, guess again.

TonyR
07-09-2010, 09:09 AM
If people expect this team to suck, guess again.

Yup, certainly going to be very good with two of the top five players in the league in LeBron and Wade. I just think a lot of people are overlooking the importance of the supporting cast. They aren't remotely a contender until they get one.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Yup, certainly going to be very good with two of the top five players in the league in LeBron and Wade. I just think a lot of people are overlooking the importance of the supporting cast. They aren't remotely a contender until they get one.

Im not sure anyones overlooking it, its all anyones talking about, but its not like its gonna be me and you out there (though my jumper is lookin sweet lately:). Also, it appears that they will sign Mike Miller. So thats another piece. They'll be interesting to watch next year...but **** them

Taco John
07-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Check out the Front Page of the Cleveland Plain Dealer slamming Labron:

http://media.cleveland.com/frontpage/photo/lebron-gonejpg-d7728841873976bb.jpg

Kaylore
07-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Check out the Front Page of the Cleveland Plain Dealer slamming Labron:

http://media.cleveland.com/frontpage/photo/lebron-gonejpg-d7728841873976bb.jpg
I think that's partly a slam on the organization as well.

24champ
07-09-2010, 10:28 AM
I think that's partly a slam on the organization as well.

Cleveland is saying they didn't win anything with LeBum, so their team history didn't change with the "King" on it. He was hailed as the "King" and he's never won anything. He pulled the strings to trade for players, and when the going got tough...he bailed. I have to agree with Dan Gilbert, we are all "witnessing" Lebum's true side. Like Jeff Van Gundy said, Lebron doesn't have the competitive spirit that Jordan and Kobe possess. It's all business/marketing with LeBum.

24champ
07-09-2010, 10:36 AM
So 30 million is a couple million dollars of chump change huh? Not to mention I'll bet he won't get as many endorsements playing on a stacked team. I didn't say it was honorable to go to miami but in this world where we rip on these guys for chasing dollars the is a perfect example of that not happening.

These guys have already made hundreds of millions of dollars already. Not going to put a dent in their lifestyle whatsoever. This "paycut" is a storyline for people like yourself to eat up.

Kaylore
07-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Cleveland is saying they didn't win anything with LeBum, so their team history didn't change with the "King" on it. He was hailed as the "King" and he's never won anything. He pulled the strings to trade for players, and when the going got tough...he bailed. I have to agree with Dan Gilbert, we are all "witnessing" Lebum's true side. Like Jeff Van Gundy said, Lebron doesn't have the competitive spirit that Jordan and Kobe possess. It's all business/marketing with LeBum.

You're a Laker fan, and as such have had a bitter jealousy of the attention Lebron gets over the rapist. Your opinion is tainted and invalid.

Rohirrim
07-09-2010, 11:07 AM
And after all this, the Lakers will still beat them. ;D

24champ
07-09-2010, 11:10 AM
You're a Laker fan, and as such have had a bitter jealousy of the attention Lebron gets over the rapist. Your opinion is tainted and invalid.

I could say the same about you, you have this inferiority complex towards the Lakers. Much like the Chief/Chargers fans have towards the Broncos. It's quite amusing, really.

azbroncfan
07-09-2010, 11:16 AM
These guys have already made hundreds of millions of dollars already. Not going to put a dent in their lifestyle whatsoever. This "paycut" is a storyline for people like yourself to eat up.

BS how many of these athletes end up broke after making millions and millions to play a meaningless game? 60 percent of NBA players are broke 5 years after retiring.

Kaylore
07-09-2010, 11:21 AM

I could say the same about you, you have this inferiority complex towards the Lakers. Much like the Chief/Chargers fans have towards the Broncos. It's quite amusing, really.

I'll play devil's advocate then: If Lebron is such a bum and a loser, they should be happy to see him leave town and not hold the team back any longer, stopping them reaching all those championships that they surely would have won without him. Thank goodness he won't be around to "ruin" that team any more. So really there's no reason for the Cleveland fans to be mad and they should be grateful, by your logic.:D How merciful of Lebron to take his losing ways out of that city. The yoke of bondage they must have struggled under while he was there.

Or should they just all get together and say "if he was Kobe we'd have rings! Go Lakers!"

24champ
07-09-2010, 11:23 AM
BS how many of these athletes end up broke after making millions and millions to play a meaningless game? 60 percent of NBA players are broke 5 years after retiring.

I wouldn't compare Wade, Bosh, and Lebron's financial situations to the majority of the NBA. Those guys practically run financial empires. When your getting financial advice from Warren Buffett, you're not going to go broke.

I would be impressed if these three were all making 10 million a year in salary and let the Heat build a roster around them.

azbroncfan
07-09-2010, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't compare Wade, Bosh, and Lebron's financial situations to the majority of the NBA. Those guys practically run financial empires. When your getting financial advice from Warren Buffett, you're not going to go broke.

I would be impressed if these three were all making 10 million a year in salary and let the Heat build a roster around them.

Your saying it was only a couple million difference to go to Miami which isn't true. 30 mil is a lot plus his endorsement deals would of been better had he stayed in Cleveland or went to NY. LeBron shouldn't go broke but the others are no bigger than Scottie Pippen, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson and a boat load of other players. It is shown debt to income ratio's are usually the same accross the board regardless of income. Like I said is we blast athletes chasing dollars and own image but lebron didn't do that this time. His salary isn't what it could be and his so called"brand" will take a hit.

Kaylore
07-09-2010, 11:34 AM
His salary isn't what it could be and his so called"brand" will take a hit.
I completely disagree with this. There is more money in local endorsements in Miami than a dying city like Cleveland. Miami's bigger, has more sex appeal and is on the East Coast. Florida is more heavily populated. I anticipate that he'll make more in endorsements in Miami than in Ohio.

24champ
07-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I'll play devil's advocate then: If Lebron is such a bum and a loser, they should be happy to see him leave town and not hold the team back any longer, stopping them reaching all those championships that they surely would have won without him. Thank goodness he won't be around to "ruin" that team any more. So really there's no reason for the Cleveland fans to be mad and they should be grateful, by your logic. How merciful of Lebron to take his losing ways out of that city. The yoke of bondage they must have struggled under while he was there.

Or should they just all get together and say "if he was Kobe we'd have rings! Go Lakers!"

First of all Cleveland should be mad, they have a right to be. It's not because of Championships or what would have been with or without him. It's HOW Lebron went about the announcement. An hour long special on ESPN and parting ways with Cleveland in front of a National audience. Doesn't get anymore douchey than that. I mean you complain about how Cutler was an a-hole, but what LeBum did was 1,000 x worse than what Cutler ever did. Look I will use another example, non-Laker example. Kevin Durant signed a max contract extension with the Thunder, and did it quietly. He didn't need the attention of ESPN to do it. He quietly went about his business and focused on next season.

The difference between Durant and Lebum is pretty striking.

Flex Gunmetal
07-09-2010, 11:45 AM
I completely disagree with this. There is more money in local endorsements in Miami than a dying city like Cleveland. Miami's bigger, has more sex appeal and is on the East Coast. Florida is more heavily populated. I anticipate that he'll make more in endorsements in Miami than in Ohio.

This. Pretty much az has absolutely no idea what he is talking about(shocking, right?) and is drinking lebrick jane's koolaid.

Br0nc0Buster
07-09-2010, 11:51 AM
my goodness the Cleveland fans are bitter whiney babies
Lebron's special was a bit douchey, but now all of a sudden the guy is a loser, quitter, coward, choke artist, etc...

Just begs the question why they all wanted him so badly and why the GM had all that money offered to him if he is such a cowardly choke artist?

24champ
07-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Your saying it was only a couple million difference to go to Miami which isn't true. 30 mil is a lot plus his endorsement deals would of been better had he stayed in Cleveland or went to NY. LeBron shouldn't go broke but the others are no bigger than Scottie Pippen, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson and a boat load of other players. It is shown debt to income ratio's are usually the same accross the board regardless of income. Like I said is we blast athletes chasing dollars and own image but lebron didn't do that this time. His salary isn't what it could be and his so called"brand" will take a hit.

Nope, Lebums brand will trigger a frenzy to buy his new stuff under the heat colors. New Shoes, shirts, etc and hell maybe he will have a new swimwear line now that he is going to South Beach. I am quite certain that he has business people on his team that advise him on financial matters and they probably assured him about this move to Miami, that the hit in salary will be more than made up in endorsements and the expanding of his brand.

Kaylore
07-09-2010, 12:14 PM
First of all Cleveland should be mad, they have a right to be. It's not because of Championships or what would have been with or without him. It's HOW Lebron went about the announcement. An hour long special on ESPN and parting ways with Cleveland in front of a National audience. Doesn't get anymore douchey than that. I mean you complain about how Cutler was an a-hole, but what LeBum did was 1,000 x worse than what Cutler ever did. Look I will use another example, non-Laker example. Kevin Durant signed a max contract extension with the Thunder, and did it quietly. He didn't need the attention of ESPN to do it. He quietly went about his business and focused on next season.

The difference between Durant and Lebum is pretty striking.

Oh PLEASE! So wrong on so many levels. You're really comparing this Cutler? Lebron's not the first athlete to have a press conference announcing his signing with a new team. This is fairly commonplace and even if he didn't have one, if he did it "quietly" as you suggest, there would have been an mob of reporters following him around after he made his choice. Better this way to get it all out of the way. There was a huge demand to know where he was going and ask questions and he did this in the way that made the most sense. Again, you're jealous of the attention it got because there is nothing illogical or mean about it.

And it's nothing close to Cutler because Cutler left for completely different reasons and was still under contract. He essentially was butthurt about not being treated like a god by his new coach and being told he was the same as every other player and would be held accountable and wasn't perfect, then he demanded a traded because of it - all while still under contract. How you can compare these two is beyond me.

Lebron was a free agent, FREE AGENT. (that means he wasn't a member of any team, FYI and obligated to nobody) and was the biggest story in a slow month for sports and had *gasp* a press conference to announce his signing with the Heat! OH NOES! THE JERK SIGNED WITH ANOTHER TEAM AS A FREE AGENT AND HAD A PRESS CONFERENCE TO ANNOUNCE IT!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!

Give me a break. Pro players spend very few moments as free agents and he owes Cleveland nothing. There is nothing wrong with his choice and the media circus was a given. The press conference just organized it. Nothing he did was wrong, immoral or "douchey" in the least. I mean it's not like he raped some woman in a hotel or something.

24champ
07-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Oh PLEASE! So wrong on so many levels. You're really comparing this Cutler? Lebron's not the first athlete to have a press conference announcing his signing with a new team.

Just how many have had their own ESPN hour long special? ROFL!

And it's nothing close to Cutler because Cutler left for completely different reasons and was still under contract. He essentially was butthurt about not being treated like a god by his new coach and being told he was the same as every other player and would be held accountable and wasn't perfect, then he demanded a traded because of it - all while still under contract. How you can compare these two is beyond me.

Of course it is comparable, they both played out their situations through the media. We all remember how it got nasty between Cutler and the Broncos and leaking of what was said in the meetings, who recieved a phone call...who didn't. But Lebum played it out in front of a National TV audience for an hour. Couple things, Lebum pulled the strings to get players to play with him and then just a few weeks ago, he publicly told everyone that Cleveland was the frontrunner. He never called the Cavaliers before his decision and personally thanked them for their services, instead during the hour long fiasco on ESPN...he talked mostly about himself.

Lebron was a free agent, FREE AGENT. (that means he wasn't a member of any team, FYI and obligated to nobody) and was the biggest story in a slow month for sports and had *gasp* a press conference to announce his signing with the Heat! OH NOES! THE JERK SIGNED WITH ANOTHER TEAM AS A FREE AGENT AND HAD A PRESS CONFERENCE TO ANNOUNCE IT!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!

That wasn't a press conference.

Give me a break. Pro players spend very few moments as free agents and he owes Cleveland nothing. There is nothing wrong with his choice and the media circus was a given. The press conference just organized it. Nothing he did was wrong, immoral or "douchey" in the least. I mean it's not like he raped some woman in a hotel or something.

He owed Cleveland a lot more than what he displayed last night, he owed them the courtesy of a phone call at the very least. Fact is, it was all about him and only him. Freaking hilarious how you hated on Cutler for his antics and attitude and then turn around and defend Lebum.

epicSocialism4tw
07-09-2010, 12:36 PM
LeBron James is going to be the most hated person in sports.

He made an unwise decision that instantly changed the world's perception of himself 180 degrees. Now he has the fans of 31 teams rooting against him...and he really did those Cleveland fans wrong.

Kaylore
07-09-2010, 12:55 PM
24, it's not Lebron's fault that ESPN had an hour long special. He didn't request an hour long special with analysts and highlight reels. That wasn't him, that was ESPN. He didn't pay those analysts or the network, they made the special and people watched and they charged more for commercials and made money. If you're mad, be mad at the ratings it drew and therefore the fans because if there wasn't a demand for it, they wouldn't have done it.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Just how many have had their own ESPN hour long special? ROFL!

Of course it is comparable, they both played out their situations through the media. We all remember how it got nasty between Cutler and the Broncos and leaking of what was said in the meetings, who recieved a phone call...who didn't. But Lebum played it out in front of a National TV audience for an hour. Couple things, Lebum pulled the strings to get players to play with him and then just a few weeks ago, he publicly told everyone that Cleveland was the frontrunner. He never called the Cavaliers before his decision and personally thanked them for their services, instead during the hour long fiasco on ESPN...he talked mostly about himself.

That wasn't a press conference.

He owed Cleveland a lot more than what he displayed last night, he owed them the courtesy of a phone call at the very least. Fact is, it was all about him and only him. Freaking hilarious how you hated on Cutler for his antics and attitude and then turn around and defend Lebum.

While I didn't find his hour long special to be too classy, to compare this with Cutler is flat wrong. LeBron was a free agent who, without any effort of his own, had the entire basketball world and media clamoring for this moment. People were waiting for it before he announced the dumb hour long special. He never spoke ill of cleveland, ill of his coach, and claimed he'd hold out, not show up for meetings, or whatever. He listened to offers and took the one he felt suited him best. He didn't whine his way out of town. LeBron didnt have to seek the media attention, it was there regardless.

24champ
07-09-2010, 12:59 PM
24, it's not Lebron's fault that ESPN had an hour long special. He didn't request an hour long special with analysts and highlight reels. That wasn't him, that was ESPN.

Yes he did.

From wire reports

ESPN is reporting that LeBron James will announce his NBA plans on its network Thursday night at 9 p.m. in an hourlong special.

ESPN's Chris Broussard is reporting Tuesday night that James' "representatives" contacted the network and asked for the unusual arrangement. Broussard reports ESPN officials confirmed the request but added the network was not told what James' decision will be.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/070710dnspolebrondecision.114efbb34.html

SonOfLe-loLang
07-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Yes he did.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/070710dnspolebrondecision.114efbb34.html

Actually, it was discussed as far back as Februrary. I agree the show was dumb and i think going to miami kind of sucks, but he's being demonized because people are butt hurt, not because hes an asshole. he doesnt owe the city of cleveland anything.

LRtagger
07-09-2010, 01:23 PM
The media attention for this time period has been building for two years. Knick fans have been chanting his name for some time now when he played at MSG.

The stuff from the owner was more of a dick move than what Lebron did. Something akin to what Al Davis would do + a lawsuit. I can understand being bitter about it, but let's not forget that the guy basically single-handedly took that franchise out of the dumpster...and maybe with better coaching and management would have won a title already and would have been willing to stay in town.

With that bitterness, there should be some appreciation for what he did for that franchise over the last 7 years and how much money he put in that ownership's pocket.

You think if Gilbert had a chance to land Wade in Cleveland that he would say "No Dwayne, it would be unfair and cowardly for you to leave Miami."

epicSocialism4tw
07-09-2010, 01:42 PM
The media attention for this time period has been building for two years. Knick fans have been chanting his name for some time now when he played at MSG.

The stuff from the owner was more of a dick move than what Lebron did. Something akin to what Al Davis would do + a lawsuit. I can understand being bitter about it, but let's not forget that the guy basically single-handedly took that franchise out of the dumpster...and maybe with better coaching and management would have won a title already and would have been willing to stay in town.

With that bitterness, there should be some appreciation for what he did for that franchise over the last 7 years and how much money he put in that ownership's pocket.

You think if Gilbert had a chance to land Wade in Cleveland that he would say "No Dwayne, it would be unfair and cowardly for you to leave Miami."

That just doesnt represent what happened in reality.

There are more factors that go into why NBA players choose where they choose. Have you ever wondered why players in warm metropolitain areas dont leave those teams unless theyre traded? And if they do leave, they go to another warm metro area?

These guys are more interested in the young millionaire lifestyle then they are in their sport.

Yet another reason why NFL>NBA and even MLS>NBA.

RhymesayersDU
07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
You mean, just like Amare went from the harsh winters in Phoenix to the tropical New York weather.

It really is a shame Dirk choked away Dallas' only shot at an NBA title at the free throw line.

Lev Vyvanse
07-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Ouch.

epicSocialism4tw
07-09-2010, 01:54 PM
You mean, just like Amare went from the harsh winters in Phoenix to the tropical New York weather.

It really is a shame Dirk choked away Dallas' only shot at an NBA title at the free throw line.

You forgot to mention that Amare left Phoenix to go to New York. Have you never been to Manhattan?

Yes, you are a moron.

Lev Vyvanse
07-09-2010, 01:57 PM
You forgot to mention that Amare left Phoenix to go to New York. Have you never been to Manhattan?

Yes, you are a moron.

Yeah, it's ****ing cold in the winter.

epicSocialism4tw
07-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah, it's ****ing cold in the winter.

Talk about missing the point.

Lev Vyvanse
07-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Talk about missing the point.

Just like Dirk.

epicSocialism4tw
07-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Just like Dirk.

Sure, chico.

http://modernjew.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/mls-logo.jpg >http://www.espnamericashop.com/images/shop_v2_espn/head_nba_logo.gif

24champ
07-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Actually, it was discussed as far back as Februrary. I agree the show was dumb and i think going to miami kind of sucks, but he's being demonized because people are butt hurt, not because hes an a-hole. he doesnt owe the city of cleveland anything.

No he is being demonized because of the way he portrayed himself.

“This whole idea that he makes his own decisions, that went out the window with this,” one NBA executive said. “Someday, he’s going to look back at this and not believe that he let those kids at LRMR talk him into doing this. This idea that he’s his own man … Come on, he’s a follower. And he’s following all the way to Miami now.”

And here it came on Thursday night, in this bizarre, sad set-up that turned LeBron James into a caricature. [B]His puppet seems more human than him. Listen, James’ people tried to leak this story to soften the blow on Cleveland, but here was the problem: He’s so insincere, and they’re so over their heads, that most of us were uneasy with believing what they were selling in the hours leading up to Jim Gray holding everyone hostage. There had to be an agenda, a bait-and-switch, and yet source after source within LeBron’s world insisted: He’s leaving. He wants out. They had been doing this for weeks, even months. So, armed with that knowledge, why would they ever stage this event to rub it in the face of James’ hometown? Lots of stars have moved on, but never one that had such a unique history with a town, a city, a franchise.

We kept writing it with qualifiers because deep down a lot of us doubted his courage to leave that cocoon. He would make Cleveland feel like it had lost him, and then swoop back into town and be celebrated all over again. Only, LeBron’s people were telling the truth. He was gone. He was always gone. He never considered staying, and that’s the most frightening part of all.

For the hand-wringing out of Gilbert and James’ apologists who protected him – and who would still be protecting him had he simply said, “Cleveland,” on Thursday night – they need to stop with this nonsense that somehow LeBron James has transformed into someone else. This is him, and it’s always been him. He’s a creation of our times, of an industry and system that wants to manufacture the next M.J. at the expense of a young man having a sense of himself.

So there was LeBron James, the MVP, the man of the hour, sitting in the middle of his own “Truman Show” on Thursday night. His personal network ran his commercials and celebrated his greatness and let him hijack a platform to build his brand and break hearts. He can never go home again now, and he can never completely rebuild what he let his cast of buddies talk him into losing that night. He’s taking his talents to South Beach, and the kid going away for the first time will have some party down there. After all these years, it was clear he had been coddled and protected and ultimately prepared to do one thing: Take the easy way out. Wherever he was going, he looked conflicted, lost and completely confused.

What a spectacle, what a train wreck.

What a shame

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvVZyUsREa0fouDc8chKrD28vLYF?slug=aw-lebrondecision070910

gunns
07-09-2010, 02:36 PM

LOL! Why does this post not surprise me. Tell me what happened to Kobe's competitive spirit during those 8 years right after Shaq left?

epicSocialism4tw
07-09-2010, 02:42 PM
LOL! Why does this post not surprise me. Tell me what happened to Kobe's competitive spirit during those 8 years right after Shaq left?

That's exactly why there's only one Michael Jordan.

Even when they werent winning championships, he was putting 63 on Bird/Parrish/McHale.

24champ
07-09-2010, 02:43 PM

It was always there.

gunns
07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
It was always there.

Well gee, as you agreed with Lebron didn't win anything, he doesn't have the competitive spirit. How is that discerned? Because it's obviously not because he didn't win anything, because neither did Kobe when the team broke up. So how is that decided?

SonOfLe-loLang
07-09-2010, 02:54 PM
The whole "lebron doesnt have a winning attitude" argument is so baseless. Its just something people say, its immeasurable.

TonyR
07-09-2010, 02:57 PM
MLS>NBA.

LOL!!! You can't be serious! Can you?

bombay
07-09-2010, 02:58 PM
ho hum

epicSocialism4tw
07-09-2010, 03:25 PM
The whole "lebron doesnt have a winning attitude" argument is so baseless. Its just something people say, its immeasurable.

I think that LeBron could basically do anything he wanted in terms of winning in the NBA. However, I dont think that he has the competitive streak to do the things that Russell or Jordan or even Bird was able to do...which is to play like you were going to be thrown to the lions if you didnt win. LeBron doesnt have that, and neither does Chris Bosh. Wade is capable of it when he wants to show it. I'm not so sure about the other two.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-09-2010, 03:41 PM
I think that LeBron could basically do anything he wanted in terms of winning in the NBA. However, I dont think that he has the competitive streak to do the things that Russell or Jordan or even Bird was able to do...which is to play like you were going to be thrown to the lions if you didnt win. LeBron doesnt have that, and neither does Chris Bosh. Wade is capable of it when he wants to show it. I'm not so sure about the other two.

Says who? its not like Lebron has NEVER stepped up in a big game. the 48 special against detroit? Game 2 against orlando in 09? The guy has played his ass off. What he doesnt have is someone to back him up in case he has an off night. Everyones on Kobe's jock for the lakers winning this year, but if it wasnt for Pau Gasol and Artest, Kobe's 6-24 would have absolutely killed them. He was horrible. But no one's gettin on his case.

I do think its lame that Bron took the "if you cant beat em, join em" mentality. That disappointed me.

Chris
07-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I think this video sums up the situation pretty well

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H76DwHgOwpA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H76DwHgOwpA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

24champ
07-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Well gee, as you agreed with Lebron didn't win anything, he doesn't have the competitive spirit. How is that discerned? Because it's obviously not because he didn't win anything, because neither did Kobe when the team broke up. So how is that decided?

It's all mental. Either you give a **** or you don't. Some athletes only play the game just for money, others play for glory and competition. Lebum has generational talent, but he hasn't used all of that talent, he lacks the will to do so.

Go back and watch tapes of Bird, Magic, Kobe, Jordan and so on...those guys just flat out refused to lose. Bird played with a very bad back, Jordan battled flu symptoms in an important game, Kobe dealt with numerous injuries. These guys never gave up at any point of their careers. This is what Jeff Van Gundy was referring to.

If he ever figures it out, then he will be great. I thought he figured it out in that one game vs the Pistons years ago that led the Cavs to the finals. It was a great performance. Since then, he seems disinterested in the game and more interested in hyping himself up.

epicSocialism4tw
07-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Says who? its not like Lebron has NEVER stepped up in a big game. the 48 special against detroit? Game 2 against orlando in 09? The guy has played his ass off. What he doesnt have is someone to back him up in case he has an off night. Everyones on Kobe's jock for the lakers winning this year, but if it wasnt for Pau Gasol and Artest, Kobe's 6-24 would have absolutely killed them. He was horrible. But no one's gettin on his case.

I do think its lame that Bron took the "if you cant beat em, join em" mentality. That disappointed me.

I totally agree about Bryant as well. I posted something earlier in this thread about how James was tasked with a much more difficult proposition than Bryant, and how Bryant fared much worse than James in a similar situation. James, Nowitzki, Iverson, and Kidd have been the only players to take their teams to the finals in the last ten years without another star player to help them out. Kidd did it twice in his prime and didnt even get an MVP out of it.

The thing about James to me...
He's the most gifted player I have ever seen. He's a man among boys. He can literally do anything that he wants on the court. He can be the best defensive player and the best offensive player without even putting in max effort. He has gotten away with never having to mentally put his nose to the grindstone to pull the best out of himself consistently like Jordan, Russell, or Bird did nightly. Those guys were gritty competitors...mentally built of steel and granite when it came to basketball. LeBron James is not. He has been shown red carpets for as long as he can remember, and he never had to earn the title "King".

epicSocialism4tw
07-09-2010, 03:54 PM
It's all mental. Either you give a **** or you don't. Some athletes only play the game just for money, others play for glory and competition. Lebum has generational talent, but he hasn't used all of that talent, he lacks the will to do so.

Go back and watch tapes of Bird, Magic, Kobe, Jordan and so on...those guys just flat out refused to lose. Bird played with a very bad back, Jordan battled flu symptoms in an important game, Kobe dealt with numerous injuries. These guys never gave up at any point of their careers. This is what Jeff Van Gundy was referring to.

If he ever figures it out, then he will be great. I thought he figured it out in that one game vs the Pistons years ago that led the Cavs to the finals. It was a great performance. Since then, he seems disinterested in the game and more interested in hyping himself up.

Kobe Bryant is not in Jordan, Bird, or Russell's class. All you have to do to convince yourself of that is to see what he did when he didnt have all-world talent around, which is to front a team that was a loser...they could barely make the playoffs. I think that he's very good, but he's not in the conversation for the best player ever.

HAT
07-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Tell me what happened to Kobe's competitive spirit during those 8 years right after Shaq left? :rofl:

Shaq has only been gone 6 years as of the end of THIS season. He left in the summer of '04.

Post Shaq...Kobe has:

2 rings
1 other finals trip
2 scoring titles
An 81 point game
An MVP
2 all star game MVP's
2 finals MVP's
5 first team all defense
5 first team all NBA
Scored 1,999 points in the last 3 post seasons.

I'd say his competitive spirit is just fine.

24champ
07-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Kobe Bryant is not in Jordan, Bird, or Russell's class. All you have to do to convince yourself of that is to see what he did when he didnt have all-world talent around, which is to front a team that was a loser...they could barely make the playoffs. I think that he's very good, but he's not in the conversation for the best player ever.

Yeah he is, he's got 5 titles. When Kobe had crap around him, he almost scored a 100 points, just about beat the Suns who were #1 in the playoffs. He did well in the interim while Mitch Kupchuk was rebuilding the squad. You can't discredit Kobe because of who was around him or was not. Bird had great players around him, so did Jordan and so on. It's really irrelevant to the discussion.

Taco John
07-09-2010, 04:05 PM
24, it's not Lebron's fault that ESPN had an hour long special. He didn't request an hour long special with analysts and highlight reels. That wasn't him, that was ESPN. He didn't pay those analysts or the network, they made the special and people watched and they charged more for commercials and made money. If you're mad, be mad at the ratings it drew and therefore the fans because if there wasn't a demand for it, they wouldn't have done it.

That's not what these guys are saying...
http://www.businessinsider.com/lebrons-interviewer-jim-gray-was-paid-for-by--team-lebron-2010-7?utm_source=Triggermail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BI_Select_070910_Personal

SonOfLe-loLang
07-09-2010, 04:09 PM
I totally agree about Bryant as well. I posted something earlier in this thread about how James was tasked with a much more difficult proposition than Bryant, and how Bryant fared much worse than James in a similar situation. James, Nowitzki, Iverson, and Kidd have been the only players to take their teams to the finals in the last ten years without another star player to help them out. Kidd did it twice in his prime and didnt even get an MVP out of it.

The thing about James to me...
He's the most gifted player I have ever seen. He's a man among boys. He can literally do anything that he wants on the court. He can be the best defensive player and the best offensive player without even putting in max effort. He has gotten away with never having to mentally put his nose to the grindstone to pull the best out of himself consistently like Jordan, Russell, or Bird did nightly. Those guys were gritty competitors...mentally built of steel and granite when it came to basketball. LeBron James is not. He has been shown red carpets for as long as he can remember, and he never had to earn the title "King".

Time will tell, but he is only 25 years old and probably has 7-10 years of great basketball left. Lets see what happens./

OrangeCrush2724
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM

Dan Gilbert is freaking joke! He is questioning loyalty? Last time I checked, James played through his contract, and is a free agent. He earned the right to pick whichever team he wanted to go to. I didn't like the way he went about it, but checking his loyalty is a joke. He doesn't own the Cavs shyt. He just wanted to be a winner, and did not have the confidence in the CAVS front office to improve the team and get another superstar. He even took 30 million less to go to a team that gave him the best chance. Which player in this era does that?

And Gilbert? This is the same Gilbert that fired a coach who got him to the playoffs 5 straight years. Something that has never happened in Cleveland. Where is the loyalty in that?

Why is it that a team can cut and trade when possible, but a player should feel guilty for leaving a team when he is a free agent. Cleveland fans didn't mourn too much when they traded their homegrown Brady Quinn without giving him enough chances to prove himself. Why is it ok then to trade a homegrown player.

Didn't like the way Labron did it, but I can't knock on him for leaving.

gunns
07-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah he is, he's got 5 titles. When Kobe had crap around him, he almost scored a 100 points, just about beat the Suns who were #1 in the playoffs. He did well in the interim while Mitch Kupchuk was rebuilding the squad. You can't discredit Kobe because of who was around him or was not. Bird had great players around him, so did Jordan and so on. It's really irrelevant to the discussion.

Just about? Is that like almost? Scoring points isn't the be all to winning a title. Ask Wilt. Part of Kobe's problem was his ego and wanting those points at the exclusion of his team. And this thing about who's around them....isn't that what James just did, get the right people around him?

gunns
07-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Lebum has generational talent, but he hasn't used all of that talent, he lacks the will to do so.

WHAT???

I don't need to go back and watch them, I saw them. And there isn't a player in sports that hasn't given the impression of giving up in a game here and there. The difference between the players you mention is they had teammates around them that assisted them in getting a title. When Kobe lost Shaq he also lost championships. There were several of James teammates that didn't give their all the whole game either.

FADERPROOF
07-09-2010, 05:59 PM
The knocks on LeBron have been his killer instinct, taking over games in clutch, and putting his teammates on his shoulders...by cowardly leaving Cleveland he just admitted all of those knocks about him are right.

You can't be a King if you follow, you can't be the #1 global superstar when you aren't the #1 star on the team, and you sure as hell can't be the best player ever if you need another player to pick it up in the clutch for you.

epicSocialism4tw
07-09-2010, 06:22 PM
The knocks on LeBron have been his killer instinct, taking over games in clutch, and putting his teammates on his shoulders...by cowardly leaving Cleveland he just admitted all of those knocks about him are right.

You can't be a King if you follow, you can't be the #1 global superstar when you aren't the #1 star on the team, and you sure as hell can't be the best player ever if you need another player to pick it up in the clutch for you.

Yeah...this sucks for you guys. LaBenedict Jamesnold may have even surpassed Model in douchedom. Everything you said about him above is correct. He tarnished his reputation big time by admitting that he cant win it all in Cleveland.

watermock
07-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Basing a city's economy on an NBA player is Obamaeque.

Obama needs to start working on real problems other than the Bulls.

oubronco
07-09-2010, 06:42 PM
that's not what these guys are saying...
http://www.businessinsider.com/lebrons-interviewer-jim-gray-was-paid-for-by--team-lebron-2010-7?utm_source=triggermail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bi_select_070910_personal

lol

Maximus
07-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I think Kobe just said the Championship celebration is over... All this south beach disrespect has gone too far. The 3 kings are you effing serious... 1 king with two pawns! and they interrupted the Lakers Summer League game. BTW Ebanks looking like Ariza and Character looking great too 20 points 10 rebounds... Ebanks 19 points

BroncoSojia
07-09-2010, 07:01 PM
I think this video sums up the situation pretty well

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H76DwHgOwpA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H76DwHgOwpA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2vULqQuvywA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2vULqQuvywA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qoxi37vvviQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qoxi37vvviQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

epicSocialism4tw
07-09-2010, 07:04 PM
I was just told that Bosh flubbed up and said that this has been in the works for months. The James camp have been planning an ESPN special, Bosh has been followed around by documentary cameras, and LeBron James basically quit on the Cavs in the playoffs last year (remember how all the pundits couldnt figure out what was happening to him?). It sounds like these guys have wanted to do this for months or even years. I recently saw an article that said that James, Paul, Wade, and Bosh had all planned a couple of years ago to join the same team. James, Wade, and Bosh this season and Paul next season.

TonyR
07-09-2010, 07:14 PM
...I recently saw an article that said...

You saw it right here in this thread. I posted it earlier today. Here it is again:

A few weeks after the 2008 Summer Olympics, Someone Who Knows Things told me the following rumor: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Chris Paul became such good friends during the 2007 Olympic trials, and then during their 2008 Olympics excursion in Beijing, that they actually made a pact in China to play together. You know, like one of those pacts in a chick flick where two friends agree to get married if both of them are single when they turn 40.

As the rumor went, the 2010 free agents (LeBron, Wade and Bosh) would sign with the same team (at that point the Knicks if they created enough cap room), then Paul would join them in 2012 (or sooner). I thought this was the craziest thing I had ever heard -- so crazy, I only mentioned it once (in a November '08 column). It reminded me of being in my mid-20s in Las Vegas, gambling in the wee hours with my single high school buddies, then all of us drunkenly saying, "We should all pick one city and live there, we'd just go out and kill it every night!" Then you wake up the next morning and forget it was ever discussed. So even if the China rumor was true, that didn't mean it was actually going to happen. Or so I thought.

Fast-forward two summers: If LeBron says the word "Miami" tonight, does that mean the rumor was true? Or at least discussed by those guys? Because how could anyone make up something that loony? In 2008, you and I could have sat in a room for 10 hours trying to make up the craziest possible sports rumor and never come up with "Bosh, LeBron, Wade and/or Paul all made a pact in China to play together" without throwing in some improbably bizarre addendum like, "And they did so right after covering up the shooting of Jayson Williams' chauffeur." Was the rumor accurate? Did they stick to their guns? Will we ever find out the truth?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100708

KipCorrington25
07-09-2010, 07:16 PM
I have a funny feeling the Heat will totally underacheive and choke with these three d-bags and I'll just sit back and laugh and laugh... actually I won't, the NBA is lame and fixed so I won't be watching.

epicSocialism4tw
You saw it right here in this thread. I posted it earlier today. Here it is again:

I may have...too much work today! Frizzle fried.

gyldenlove

To me the only thing this move really says about Lebron is that he knows he can't win a championship as the number 1 guy. Will the heat win a championship with Lebron? time will tell, but if they do it won't be because of Lebron, it will be like the Celtics, it will be because of the big 3.

Lebron is no Tim Duncan.

TonyR
07-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Here's what Simmons said in Nov '08:

I totally subscribe to the "LeBron, Wade and Bosh agreed in China that they'd sign with the Knicks in two years" conspiracy theory even though there's no evidence to support it. Wouldn't that nucleus dominate the next decade? Wouldn't they lure every cheap veteran dying for a ring? I am truly terrified for the future.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/081126&sportCat=nba

epicSocialism4tw
07-09-2010, 07:19 PM
To me the only thing this move really says about Lebron is that he knows he can't win a championship as the number 1 guy. Will the heat win a championship with Lebron? time will tell, but if they do it won't be because of Lebron, it will be like the Celtics, it will be because of the big 3.

Lebron is no Tim Duncan.

Not many people are.

Duncan is arguably one of the top three NBA players in history.

bombay
07-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Those three clowns running their mouths in Miami right now are causing Pat Riley to do a lot of wincing and face palming.

Chicago, btw, added another solid piece today in three point shooter Kyle Korver.

Orange4Life
07-09-2010, 08:49 PM

Talk of 'the flu game' is the fast track to negative rep from me!>:'( That said I agree with all of this. ^5

I hate Kobe's guts but I respect the hell out of him as a competitor. I never thought I would root harder against someone in the NBA worse than Kobe but when the lakers play the heat I'm pulling for the lakers. lebron is such a made up piece of media hype that I have no respect for him after he took the easy way out. If you're a great player you want to beat the best not join them. You join them once every four years for your country. Not because you're a pussy.

epicSocialism4tw
07-09-2010, 08:55 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/cleveland-tweet.jpg

gunns
07-09-2010, 09:32 PM
I think Kobe just said the Championship celebration is over... All this south beach disrespect has gone too far. The 3 kings are you effing serious... 1 king with two pawns! and they interrupted the Lakers Summer League game. BTW Ebanks looking like Ariza and Character looking great too 20 points 10 rebounds... Ebanks 19 points

:Whaaaa!:

24champ
07-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Just about? Is that like almost? Scoring points isn't the be all to winning a title.

Sorry, but I didn't say it was.

24champ
07-09-2010, 11:40 PM
WHAT???

http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.gif

And there isn't a player in sports that hasn't given the impression of giving up in a game here and there.

Not when the stakes are high in the playoffs...no. Regular season, maybe.

The difference between the players you mention is they had teammates around them that assisted them in getting a title. When Kobe lost Shaq he also lost championships.

First of all, Kobe lost Championships WITH Shaq. Jordan didn't win early in his career losing to the Pistons, and neither did he during the first season he came back from his "retirement", lost to the Magic . Didn't make the playoffs with the Wizards. Bird lost to Magic Johnson and vice versa, Duncan had problems with the Lakers. Losing is part of the sport, and the great ones go through it.

Far as who they had next to them is irrelevant to the discussion.