PDA

View Full Version : 9 frickin runs in the 9th? really?

tsiguy96
07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
thats nothing short of incredible. to win the game no less.

Homer Simpson
07-06-2010, 11:18 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/5v50yq.jpg

No I'm kidding, haven't a clue what you are on about.

Casper Bronco
07-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Rockies game

BroncoLifer
07-06-2010, 11:29 PM
... to win the game no less.

Scoring 9 in the 9th and not winning --now that would really suck.

OBF1
07-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Another post to see his name in "Lights" nothing more, nothing less..... very Mock like now that I think about it.

loborugger
07-06-2010, 11:43 PM
You mean the Rocks came back to win that game? I quit watching in the 7th...

Kaylore
07-06-2010, 11:56 PM
You mean the Rocks came back to win that game? I quit watching in the 7th...

You missed one of the best ever in Rockies history. It was amazing. You couldn't script it any better.

Broncoman13
07-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Damn it damn it damn it.... Fell asleep in the top of the 9th. I think it was 9-2 at the time. Sounds like I missed the best comeback of the year!?!

spdirty
07-07-2010, 12:06 AM
****, quit watching when the Cards scored 9. Showing the replay now, gonna check that out.

broncocalijohn
07-07-2010, 01:48 AM
TSI, another incomplete thread by you. Stop trying to be the first on the thread and give us more details. I had no ****ing idea what the **** you were talking about. Maybe go back and add a link so we can see at least the winning hit. THese are mock like with the hit and run thread starters. UGH!

footstepsfrom#27
07-07-2010, 02:31 AM
I saw the old Denver Bears do something like this once, only I think they scored 12 in the 9th and they won it on a play at the plate where the runner beat the tag...amazing stuff...maybe about '72 perhaps someone else remembers. That's like scoring 50 points in the 4th quarter.

tsiguy96
07-07-2010, 05:24 AM
TSI, another incomplete thread by you. Stop trying to be the first on the thread and give us more details. I had no ****ing idea what the **** you were talking about. Maybe go back and add a link so we can see at least the winning hit. THese are mock like with the hit and run thread starters. UGH!

the way i see it, you either know what im talking about, or you dont care about the thread subject :strong:

crawdad
07-07-2010, 06:46 AM
It was f**ked up! Cards bull pen blew it big time!

RhymesayersDU
07-07-2010, 07:22 AM
I too am a bad fan who turned it off. When it was 9-2 I turned it to my DVR to watch tonight's episodes of "Rescue Me" and "Louie." This is not the first time the Rox have done this to me.

When I got done with the DVR, I turned it to ESPN to just fall asleep. Then I saw the bottom line, and I about jumped out of my bed when I saw the score scroll. I then had to stay up and wait for the highlights on SportsCenter. Incredible.

azbroncfan
07-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Even with a great ending that it was that one game means less than 1 percent of the baseball season.

crush17
07-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Gotta love Rockies baseball. The cardiac kids do it again!

Irish Stout
07-07-2010, 10:04 AM
I don't have cable right now, but have been listening to the games on the radio or following on the computer... It was absolutely amazing. My wife and I were both sitting on the edge of the bed in the bottom of the ninth when we all of a sudden started scoring. The Giambi rbi to tie had us literally jumping up and down in excitement. That Seth Smith 3 run bomb was just pure icing at that point.

These friggin Rockies... its like they try and give games away, but fail at it. Between last night and the 15 inning longest game ever on Sunday, these kids know how to keep the casual fan excited about baseball. Even my grandmother is tuning in to their games most nights - though shes asleep before they're over.

crawdad
07-07-2010, 10:08 AM
I don't have cable right now, but have been listening to the games on the radio or following on the computer... It was absolutely amazing. My wife and I were both sitting on the edge of the bed in the bottom of the ninth when we all of a sudden started scoring. The Giambi rbi to tie had us literally jumping up and down in excitement. That Seth Smith 3 run bomb was just pure icing at that point.

These friggin Rockies... its like they try and give games away, but fail at it. Between last night and the 15 inning longest game ever on Sunday, these kids know how to keep the casual fan excited about baseball. Even my grandmother is tuning in to their games most nights - though shes asleep before they're over.

Correction, the Cardinals bullpen and Tony gave this game away!

Kaylore
07-07-2010, 10:08 AM

I agree. Similar situation. We got in late from eating dinner and my wife put the game on. We were already down 9-2 so I went to the gym. I got back and she runs up to tell me about the Ianetta homer and how we were only down two. We watched the the rest of the inning and you kind of had a feeling it was going to happen. Something in the air...

crush17
07-07-2010, 10:17 AM

yup. and he knows it.

" Momentum built on their side and we couldn't stop it,'' Cardinals manager Tony LaRussa said. " We just lost a very difficult game. It isn't on Ryan Franklin ."

Then who?

" Everyone who wore gray,'' LaRussa replied. " Including the manager."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/gameflash/2010/07/06/31557_recap.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0t0tmwUiX

Flex Gunmetal
07-07-2010, 10:42 AM
It was outta control! My girl was just finishing her shift at the bar when the rally started, we couldn't leave. Although the bar wasn't that full when smith (aka Van Wilder) bombed it the place went nuts!
These rockies sure are fun to watch.

Irish Stout
07-07-2010, 10:50 AM

I'm not arguing, but Rocks tried to give it away early on in the game, but hung in there enough to take it back when the Cards were offerring.

RhymesayersDU
07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Even with a great ending that it was that one game means less than 1 percent of the baseball season.

Unsure of your point or if you're just trying to troll the thread... But this "the games don't matter" idea is silly, and I'd expect you to know that as an NBA fan. When it gets down to the wire, these games you drop in the beginning come back to haunt you if you're chasing somebody, etc.

Rabb
07-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Unsure of your point or if you're just trying to troll the thread... But this "the games don't matter" idea is silly, and I'd expect you to know that as an NBA fan. When it gets down to the wire, these games you drop in the beginning come back to haunt you if you're chasing somebody, etc.

exactly

not to mention, who doesn't like a come from behind win?

I am so pissed I turned it

Flex Gunmetal
07-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Riveting tale Hansel.

Kaylore
07-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Riveting tale Hansel.

There is no joy in azbroncofan's world. Everything is misery and woe.

Irish Stout
07-07-2010, 11:41 AM
There is no joy in azbroncofan's world. Everything is misery and woe.

Ever since he and TSI quit fighting with each other about shirts and ironman triathalons, my world has had a little less joy too.

broncocalijohn
07-07-2010, 01:05 PM
the way i see it, you either know what im talking about, or you dont care about the thread subject :strong:

i am a huge baseball fan but live in california and hadnt seen anything on it. Just another request by us that when you make a thread, put some substance in it. It was a total hit and run job.

azbroncfan
07-07-2010, 01:26 PM

Not trolling just in baseball one game does mean so little. As long as you win or tie your series you will make the playoffs. Baseball is all about who's pitcher is hot at right time and one game is a half of percent of the outcome on the year. It was an awesome finish but doesn't really mean much in the long haul. Home court is a much bigger deal in the NBA than baseball.

azbroncfan
07-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Ever since he and TSI quit fighting with each other about shirts and ironman triathalons, my world has had a little less joy too.

You mean when I asked him to cut and paste his self claimed owning and he just dissappeared?

cousinal11
07-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Not trolling just in baseball one game does mean so little. As long as you win or tie your series you will make the playoffs. Baseball is all about who's pitcher is hot at right time and one game is a half of percent of the outcome on the year. It was an awesome finish but doesn't really mean much in the long haul. Home court is a much bigger deal in the NBA than baseball.

What about if you lose your division by 1 game and miss the playoffs? Doesn't that make every game important or meaningful?

broncswin
07-07-2010, 01:36 PM

actually one game can be huge...Rockies win final game of the year to force a playoff with SD, we all know this ends!! We lose one more game that year and that never happened!!

tsiguy96
07-07-2010, 01:47 PM
You mean when I asked him to cut and paste his self claimed owning and he just dissappeared?

you: gym expert extraordinaire (except with no education or real experience to back that up, but can make baseless challenges to me anyway on stuff you train for and i dont)
me: youre dumb, through and through.

azbroncfan
07-07-2010, 02:31 PM
you: gym expert extraordinaire (except with no education or real experience to back that up, but can make baseless challenges to me anyway on stuff you train for and i dont)
me: youre dumb, through and through.

Wait you said it was quite obvious I didn't go to the gym now I am an extraordinaire? Wait are you just looking to tell us you got your degree in some sort of exercise field?

azbroncfan
07-07-2010, 02:34 PM
What about if you lose your division by 1 game and miss the playoffs? Doesn't that make every game important or meaningful?

Somewhat you just don't want to have played your way out of a race by allstar break. When there is 162 games there is lots of room for errors and bad streaks because you have lot's of chances to make the ground back up by going on a hot streak.

Kaylore
07-07-2010, 03:04 PM
The thing is a game like last night's can get a team hot for sometime. Baseball is incredibly streaky and one game like this can send a team on a run that can dramatically affect the outcome of a season.

underrated29
07-07-2010, 03:52 PM
I think you two love birds should get a room already. The sexual frustration is now spilling into a thread about the rockies...?

But yes, the comeback was sick. And i hate baseball.

loborugger
07-07-2010, 09:50 PM
You missed one of the best ever in Rockies history. It was amazing. You couldn't script it any better.

Stuck with it tonite. Another walk of HR.

tsiguy96
07-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Wait you said it was quite obvious I didn't go to the gym now I am an extraordinaire? Wait are you just looking to tell us you got your degree in some sort of exercise field?

nope, just that im smarter than you, and you following me from thread to thread talking about affliction shirts doesnt change that.

UberBroncoMan
07-07-2010, 09:51 PM
How about that walk-off home run now :).

spdirty
07-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Just badass. :)

Pretty funny seeing a nearly full house bottom 8 down 3.

C'mon Ubaldo, lets sweep em!

azbroncfan
07-08-2010, 12:42 AM
nope, just that im smarter than you, and you following me from thread to thread talking about affliction shirts doesnt change that.

Don't think I brought it up in this thread. Just pointing out that you quit once I said cut and paste where I got self proclaimed OWNED. I must be one dumb SOB since I don't have to go to a football message board and ask about what the cool shirts are now. I am so stupid I never thought of that.

sixtimeseight
07-08-2010, 04:09 AM
http://uppitybastard.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/cripple.jpg

Broncoman13
07-08-2010, 05:14 AM
I made damn sure to watch that entire game last night. After falling asleep the night before in the top of the 9th and missing the greatest comeback in Rox history, I wasn't about to miss another ;D. I call bullsh1t on the 83% watched the entire game thing too. There were people all over the place saying they turned the game off after so many innings. I'm guessing the real number is closer to 50%.

crawdad
07-08-2010, 06:33 AM
I for one stayed with the entire game but not because I am a Rockies fan. I am a die hard Cardinal fan and both of these losses hurt but as someone else said, it is only early July.

Rabb
07-08-2010, 07:12 AM

Can you please stop being such a douche, and derailing every god damn thread possible with your snarky and argumentative crap? I realize I can just put you on ignore, but between you having to be the resident OM tough guy/jackass know it all and your incredibly poorly titled new threads...you are worse than Mock at this point. You are like that moron that has to be the first one to post in a thread to say they did it. If you hadn't mentioned you graduated college, I would have put money on you being 13 or younger.

Seriously man, at one time I am sure you were just a solid Bronco fan...go back to that.

UberBroncoMan
07-08-2010, 07:42 AM
I for one stayed with the entire game but not because I am a Rockies fan. I am a die hard Cardinal fan and both of these losses hurt but as someone else said, it is only early July.

Well, you should feel happy that you've made some of us miss Matt Holliday. Dude tears it up at Coors.

I'm glad we traded him for CarGo and Street. But we should have signed him away from the Cardinals at seasons end. A Holliday/CarGo/Hawpe(Smith) outfield would have been ridiculous. Hell, just having Holliday back in the lineup WITH the CarGo addition would have been insane.

crawdad
07-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Well, you should feel happy that you've made some of us miss Matt Holliday. Dude tears it up at Coors.

I'm glad we traded him for CarGo and Street. But we should have signed him away from the Cardinals at seasons end. A Holliday/CarGo/Hawpe(Smith) outfield would have been ridiculous. Hell, just having Holliday back in the lineup WITH the CarGo addition would have been insane.

Signing Matt was a very important move for the Cards and with their pitching staff, we will be in the playoffs!

Irish Stout
07-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Signing Matt was a very important move for the Cards and with their pitching staff, we will be in the playoffs!

You got to figure out how to rotate your pitchers though. Didn't they go through 4 pitchers in the 5th and 6th innings?

That being said - great game to go to! Can't believe all the Cardinals fans that crawl out of the woodwork. Twelve years ago you'd struggle to get a coors field ticket cause there were so many Rockies fans buying them up. Going the same way as the Broncos.

Irish Stout
07-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Can you please stop being such a douche, and derailing every god damn thread possible with your snarky and argumentative crap? I realize I can just put you on ignore, but between you having to be the resident OM tough guy/jackass know it all and your incredibly poorly titled new threads...you are worse than Mock at this point. You are like that moron that has to be the first one to post in a thread to say they did it. If you hadn't mentioned you graduated college, I would have put money on you being 13 or younger.

Seriously man, at one time I am sure you were just a solid Bronco fan...go back to that.

I think I encouraged them to fight man. I find it amusing in the off season to see a couple guys "pwn" each other over a thread designed to make fun of guys at the gym and a thread about clothes.

When there is legit Broncos news to share, then I wouldn't put up with this crap either.

Rabb
07-08-2010, 08:55 AM
I think I encouraged them to fight man. I find it amusing in the off season to see a couple guys "pwn" each other over a thread designed to make fun of guys at the gym and a thread about clothes.

When there is legit Broncos news to share, then I wouldn't put up with this crap either.

Hilarious!

that's funny...and sad that they can be baited so easily

hopefully it stops when the real news comes out, but I am not counting on it

oubronco
07-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Go Yankees!!!

Irish Stout
07-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Go Yankees!!!

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo!

Although Yankees fans are a lot better to deal with than Boston fans.

oubronco
07-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Thought you'd like that :~ohyah!:

crawdad
07-08-2010, 09:28 AM
You got to figure out how to rotate your pitchers though. Didn't they go through 4 pitchers in the 5th and 6th innings?

That being said - great game to go to! Can't believe all the Cardinals fans that crawl out of the woodwork. Twelve years ago you'd struggle to get a coors field ticket cause there were so many Rockies fans buying them up. Going the same way as the Broncos.

That is all on Tony! Have you seen places like Toronto and such where you could walk in and buy front row tickets on game day! Never happens at Busch Stadium.

Irish Stout
07-08-2010, 09:33 AM
That is all on Tony! Have you seen places like Toronto and such where you could walk in and buy front row tickets on game day! Never happens at Busch Stadium.

I know it never happens there. I've been to games there. Its Denver man... there are so many more transplants here than when I was growing up. They make the effort to go see their teams when they're in town and the locals don't because they know the Rockies are always there.

Its a shame to lose that local support.

crush17
07-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Also keep in mind that for a long time, we didn't have a team and a lot of people adapted others that are "close".

I know a lot of Colorado natives that are STL fans and have been for years and years.

Irish Stout
07-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Also keep in mind that for a long time, we didn't have a team and a lot of people adapted others that are "close".

I know a lot of Colorado natives that are STL fans and have been for years and years.

Touche! I was a white sox fan as a kid until we got the Rox. So happy to have a hometown team. Hopefully when they've been in Denver 40 years or so they'll start filling the stadium up. It really is a treat to have Coors Field right there in downtown Denver. Great stadium, fun team.

crawdad
07-08-2010, 09:51 AM
I remember going to Bears games back in the late 60's!

crush17
07-08-2010, 10:16 AM

Old balls!!

;)

Irish Stout
07-08-2010, 10:31 AM

I used to hear stories from my Grandfather about the Denver Bears. Stadium built on the city dump them turned into Mile High! Greg Nettles and Billy Martin (I think were the names).

The original Rockies, the Denver Rockets and the Bears and the birth of the Broncos sound like it would have been a great time to be a Denver sports fan.

crawdad
07-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Denver was a different place at the time. Nothing was out past Sheridan on the west or past 225 on the east!

Irish Stout
07-08-2010, 03:52 PM
That is all on Tony!

He didn't mess up today.

ROCKIES!!!! They're now like 11-1 against the Cards in the last 12 games played.

crush17
07-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Bring on the Padres and a shot at 1st place in the NL West before the break!!

Irish Stout
07-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Bring on the Padres and a shot at 1st place in the NL West before the break!!

Yeah! Got my Sunday tickets ready to go! Most people will probably be watching that soccer game, but I think watching the Rox Padres will be a much better deal.

I love being back in the Denver area!