PDA

View Full Version : Decker's running routes at Fitzgerald's camp

montrose
07-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Says he's expected to be ready for camp.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/06/eric-decker-running-routes-at-larry-fitzgeralds-camp/

The more I hear, I love this pick. Team guy with big-time talent and size, an awesome addition to the 53.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CqF5cHt9B2A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CqF5cHt9B2A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

d bronx42
07-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Awesome news! Now both Decker and Thomas are healthy and ready to roll. Our receiver depth is suddenly looking very solid.

Jabar Gaffney - Eddie Royal - Demaryius Thomas - Eric Decker

montrose
07-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Awesome news! Now both Decker and Thomas are healthy and ready to roll. Our receiver depth is suddenly looking very solid.

Throw in Brandon Lloyd who showed some flashes in those last two games, the steady vet Brandon Stokley and an intruiging prospect with Kenny McKinley. As good as BMarsh is, I think the corps is deeper this year and as Adam Schefter pointed out on NFL Live two days ago - rarely, if ever, do team's really miss WRs they've gotten rid of. We'll have to see.

broncosteven
07-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Throw in Brandon Lloyd who showed some flashes in those last two games, the steady vet Brandon Stokley and an intruiging prospect with Kenny McKinley. As good as BMarsh is, I think the corps is deeper this year and as Adam Schefter pointed out on NFL Live two days ago - rarely, if ever, do team's really miss WRs they've gotten rid of. We'll have to see.

I couldn't figure out why it took Lloyd so long to get on the field last year.
He played well in PS and when he finally got the chance late in the year he played well.

I hope he turned his life around and contributes big this year.

I agree that the WR corp has more depth right now on paper but I am hoping a guy steps up and has a 80 catch year with over 800 yards and around a dozen TDs.

I am guessing Stokely could be a surprise cut late in TC.

Bronco Boy
07-06-2010, 09:02 PM

Solid? I don't know, looks pretty suspect to me.

Lev Vyvanse
07-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Solid? I don't know, looks pretty suspect to me.

Is it the rookies or foot injuries that have you worried?

Bronco Boy
07-06-2010, 09:24 PM

Both, but mostly the rookies.

Lev Vyvanse
07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Both, but mostly the rookies.

Yeah.
People seem to be expecting the exception to the rule.

ludo21
07-06-2010, 09:47 PM
We are very suspect at WR. I love the potential of these guys, but for both of them to catch on in year 1 is asking a lot.

I just pray we can run the ball down people's throats this year. That will give our passing game the best chance with what we have to work with

Homer Simpson
07-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Bust.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust!!!!

Why? McDaniels picked him. That's why.

Am I doing it right guys?

Bronco Boy
07-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I think we're pretty screwed if Thomas can't start on the outside from game 1. I really don't want to see Royal, Lloyd, or Decker out there on the outside.

Anyone thinking Stokely gets cut in preseason?

Florida_Bronco
07-06-2010, 10:10 PM
for both of them to catch on in year 1 is asking a lot.

Thomas is the only one we really need to step up. Decker will be Gaffney's backup and eventual replacement at the Y receiver position.

Broncoman13
07-07-2010, 12:14 AM
That's what I see with Decker too FB.

chrisp
07-07-2010, 12:33 AM
I totally agree that it is asking a lot for both rookies to start and put up big numbers this year, however what we really need to do is start spreading the ball around anyway...

If we have 3-4 guys all with 7-800 yards then I think that will be a masive positive. We don't need to replace B-marsh with one standout guy, we need to replace him with a better overall team performance.

I am worried about the Clady injury though. If he's not starting for us on opening day then we'd better hope that the running game is in better shape this year or the first few games could get ugly....

I'm optimistic, but cautiously so......

cmhargrove
07-07-2010, 07:18 AM
I totally agree that it is asking a lot for both rookies to start and put up big numbers this year, however what we really need to do is start spreading the ball around anyway...

If we have 3-4 guys all with 7-800 yards then I think that will be a masive positive. We don't need to replace B-marsh with one standout guy, we need to replace him with a better overall team performance.

I am worried about the Clady injury though. If he's not starting for us on opening day then we'd better hope that the running game is in better shape this year or the first few games could get ugly....

I'm optimistic, but cautiously so......

This needs to happen anyway. If we don't fix our run game in the first half of the seasson, expect another late season collapse. On the other hand - if Moreno and Buckhalter can both be 800-1200 yard rushers, Orton might just make the pro bowl.

gunns
07-07-2010, 07:25 AM

Couldn't agree more with Schef. Out of all the positions in football, except kicker, I think it's one of the most overrated. That being said, out of all the draft prospects I think I'm rooting most for Decker. (Beadles too) I want him to be on the Broncos for a long time. He's so friggin HOT!

bowtown
07-07-2010, 07:46 AM
You think kicker is an overrated position?

Beantown Bronco
07-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Seemed kind of odd to me too. Kicker? No. Punter? Yes. Especially in Denver.

bronclvr
07-07-2010, 07:52 AM
That being said, out of all the draft prospects I think I'm rooting most for Decker. (Beadles too) I want him to be on the Broncos for a long time. He's so friggin HOT!

Could this be a reason to keep a Player long term.........because they are...................................

Hot?

(ooooo, that made me feel icky)

azbroncfan
07-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Couldn't agree more with Schef. Out of all the positions in football, except kicker, I think it's one of the most overrated. That being said, out of all the draft prospects I think I'm rooting most for Decker. (Beadles too) I want him to be on the Broncos for a long time. He's so friggin HOT!

Kicker overrated? There isn't another position where the score is effected for every play they are in other than the kickoff which is important too. Is that a position you want a scrub off the street doing?

LRtagger
07-07-2010, 09:44 AM
I hear he's the next Ed McCaffrey

Irish Stout
07-07-2010, 09:51 AM

Its the rookies with foot injuries that concern me.

Although, I think if Brandon Stokely is cut in preseason, that says great things about our WR core. Though I will miss that guy and I hope he isn't cut.

gunns
07-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Ok, you boys sarcasm has gone far enough. Kickers can't be overrated, they are kickers, an afterthought at times. And punters kick the ball too, sorry for not clarifying.

Pony Boy
07-07-2010, 11:39 AM

Asked if he was healthy, Decker replied: "Yeah. It's still a day-to-day thing and the training staff is helping me to move along and progress at a very good rate. I feel comfortable every day so that's the best I can say."

I would feel better if he answered that question a little better, it sounds a little iffy to me...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5359272

Man-Goblin
07-07-2010, 11:44 AM
I hear he's the next Ed McCaffrey

No. Ed McCaffrey was the first Eric Decker.

yerner
07-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Quick, somebody cut the toes out of his cleats.

Sodak
07-07-2010, 04:29 PM
THAT GUY IS THE NEXT EDDIE McCAFFERY!

BroncoLifer
07-07-2010, 04:38 PM

Not McCaffery. How many times do we have to go over this? He's the new Steve Watson.

DarkHorse
07-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Not McCaffery. How many times do we have to go over this? He's the new Steve Watson.

That's funny, I heard he was the new Michael Young

Popps
07-07-2010, 05:10 PM

http://thdonline.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/interesting.jpg

Florida_Bronco
07-07-2010, 06:16 PM
That's funny, I heard he was the new Michael Young

No, he's the new Keith Poole!

BowlenBall
07-07-2010, 09:32 PM
He's a rich man's Kevin Kasper....

Archer81
07-07-2010, 09:34 PM
He's a rich man's Kevin Kasper....

Pump the brakes kid...that man is a national treasure...

:Broncos:

SoCalBronco
07-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Pump the brakes kid...that man is a national treasure...

What was it that Mock called him.......ah, yes....the Great White Hope who shaves his balls.

Good times on the Mane back in 2001.

Archer81
07-07-2010, 09:37 PM
What was it that Mock called him.......ah, yes....the Great White Hope who shaves his balls.

Good times on the Mane back in 2001.

Things were so much simpler then...coming off a playoff season, good offense...Griese looked like a probowler...

Memories...like the corner of my mind...