PDA

View Full Version : Tebow jump shot

gyldenlove
07-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Do you guys think we will see this Tebow jump shot fake in goal line situations and if so who would be on the other end of it? I would say Branson could be a candidate, he has the size to be in there and be in that package and if he goes against a safety he should be able to muscle his way to the ball.

Check these highlights to see what I am talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WNWFPDls1I&feature=related

_Oro_
07-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Do you think we'll see Tebow do the mile high salute?

Abqbronco
07-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Do you guys think we will see this Tebow jump shot fake in goal line situations and if so who would be on the other end of it? I would say Branson could be a candidate, he has the size to be in there and be in that package and if he goes against a safety he should be able to muscle his way to the ball.

As an LSU fan I don't need to watch the highlights. I hated that play passionately. I would scream at the TV for the defense to look for it but they never seemed to be able to stop it. I don't think it will translate to the NFL but I also didn't think Jamarcus should have been picked in the first round, let alone number 1 overall so what do I know? Wait...

OBF1
07-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Would that also be known as the "Jump Pass" ???

gyldenlove
07-05-2010, 06:22 PM
As an LSU fan I don't need to watch the highlights. I hated that play passionately. I would scream at the TV for the defense to look for it but they never seemed to be able to stop it. I don't think it will translate to the NFL but I also didn't think Jamarcus should have been picked in the first round, let alone number 1 overall so what do I know? Wait...

I think it could work if we use Tebow to run the ball in goal line situations a few times, but probably only once.

I can see how it would be frustrating to play against, I think if we can run it once and just put in the mind of defenses and defensive coordinators that it may happen again it will be worth it.

lostknight
07-05-2010, 07:46 PM

I watch this video again, and think to myself, WTF are the commentators saying about Tebow having no arm and no accuracy.

Seriously, the boy can throw.

Popps
07-05-2010, 08:42 PM
A couple of people were comparing him to Plummer in the comments section.
I'd say that's fair, though he's clearly got more athletic talent than Jake did.

His arm is fine. His attitude is awesome. Like others have stated, it's simply going to be whether or not he can pick up a complex offense like ours... and have the instincts to succeed the way he did in college.

If he CAN pick up the offense and gets a feel for it... look out.

gyldenlove
07-05-2010, 09:10 PM
A couple of people were comparing him to Plummer in the comments section.
I'd say that's fair, though he's clearly got more athletic talent than Jake did.

His arm is fine. His attitude is awesome. Like others have stated, it's simply going to be whether or not he can pick up a complex offense like ours... and have the instincts to succeed the way he did in college.

If he CAN pick up the offense and gets a feel for it... look out.

He is heads and shoulders above Plummer athletically and I would say he has more arm as well, it is really the mental side of the game and the consistency that worries me, if he can get those two things up to NFL standards he could be very good.

The attitude is great, the personality is great, and really there are no big holes.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Not sure if you'll see the jump pass, but i dont know why they wouldn't do that shotgun, fake run step, then drop back thing.