PDA

View Full Version : Directv NFL Sunday Ticket

Pages : [1] 2

cutback
07-04-2010, 10:24 PM
I see it showed up on my bill on 7/2. Has anyone tried to negotiate the price like last year? I remember reading a lengthy thread here where many were able to get a big price reduction.

ZONA
07-04-2010, 11:17 PM
I see it showed up on my bill on 7/2. Has anyone tried to negotiate the price like last year? I remember reading a lengthy thread here where many were able to get a big price reduction.

There have been several threads the last few months. Basically, you just have to keep calling them for hours until you get the right person who will give you a discounted price. I usually pay $150 for the ticket in HD. And it's the same way every year. I say this is the price I paid last year, they tell me they can't do it again, I call back, same thing, I keep calling back, then they finally give me the price. There is no easy way, you just have to keep calling and asking for managers, and their managers and be a royal pain in the rear.

RonDaChamp24
07-04-2010, 11:59 PM
I called today and got it reduced $20 a month for 6 months AND got superfan and on the go for free ($170 value). First rep I talked to wasn't willing to help, the 2nd was though. Pretty thrilled with the outcome even though I do the same thing every year. It's always exciting to know that I'll be paying less than $200 to watch every broncos game in the comfort of my own home (except for the 1 game a year I go to).

SouthStndJunkie
07-05-2010, 12:35 AM
I'll be doing the same thing again this year....not looking forward to calling and jumping through the hoops....but it's worth it to save the money.

I pay a lot of money to Directv every month for their premium package....they can cut me a deal now and then.

baja
07-05-2010, 06:03 AM
i jst sent an email to DTV with a link to this thread advising them they wold save money if they jst came off their price easier, that way they wold not tie p their reps for all those extra hors being difficlt.

montrose
07-05-2010, 07:21 AM
i jst sent an email to DTV with a link to this thread advising them they wold save money if they jst came off their price easier, that way they wold not tie p their reps for all those extra hors being difficlt.

Maybe they could cut costs by not showing the Broncos games this year and putting the Bears, Redskins, Dolphins, Lions and Browns on two channels each so we can see some REAL FOOTBALL!

Talent, underrated. Go Shanny!
Interceptions, overrated. Go Cutler!
Drops and beating women, overrated. Go Marshall!
Playbooks, overrated. Go Hillis!
Blocking, overrated. Go Scheffler!

Maybe I'll buy Sunday Ticket if Bowlen cans McDouche and hires Kyle Shanahan to get rid of Tebow, Dawkins, Thomas, J.Williams, Goodman and those guys and brings back the real ballers like BMarsh, Scheffler, Clarett, Middlebrooks and THenry. Jamie Winborn 4 life brother...

SoDak Bronco
07-05-2010, 08:33 AM
I am a new Direct TV subscriber, just signed up last week. I got Sunday Ticket and the Premium Package, 1 HD DVR reciever and a 2nd HD receiver with the whole home(can watch recorded programs in my 2nd room). So the deal I got after talking to them was I basically get the Premium package for free for the first 5 months, I am just paying for the ST, after the 5 months I plan to move down to the Choice Extra program and i'll be paying around 75 per month, and I'll have basically gotten the ticket for free.

Also, if you are going to be a new subscriber, send me a PM and I might be able to save you 100$ and I'll let you know what to do.

Crushisback
07-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Best way to do this is go straight to the Retention department. I ask for retention right off the bat. When you get there tell them the only reason you have DTV is for the ticket and you can no longer afford to pay for the ticket so you want to cancel your sub. When I do this they normally cut the ticket in half, throw in superfan, some movie channells for 3-6 months, and do some minor tweaking to my bill to get it in my "price range". Don't mention you want your bill lowered just say you want to cancel cause of cost and the retention agent goes to work on keeping you as a customer.

Naggle Nole
07-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Maybe they could cut costs by not showing the Broncos games this year and putting the Bears, Redskins, Dolphins, Lions and Browns on two channels each so we can see some REAL FOOTBALL!

Talent, underrated. Go Shanny!
Interceptions, overrated. Go Cutler!
Drops and beating women, overrated. Go Marshall!
Playbooks, overrated. Go Hillis!
Blocking, overrated. Go Scheffler!

Maybe I'll buy Sunday Ticket if Bowlen cans McDouche and hires Kyle Shanahan to get rid of Tebow, Dawkins, Thomas, J.Williams, Goodman and those guys and brings back the real ballers like BMarsh, Scheffler, Clarett, Middlebrooks and THenry. Jamie Winborn 4 life brother...

So I am noticing a theme here the last few days... hmmm...
Have you decided to become Bizarro Montrose in an effort to lampoon Shanahan apologists?

meangene
07-05-2010, 10:07 AM
I don't like to have to keep calling over and over but did call once and got $10 a month knocked off and a free upgrade on one of my receivers to a DVR. Superfan is included in the price this year so, for me, it's $39.95 a month for six months. The rep I talked to last year told me what they can offer depends on how long you have been with them. I was satisfied. Living in Virginia, the Broncos are never on the regional broadcasts.

mj1569
07-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Best way to do this is go straight to the Retention department. I ask for retention right off the bat. When you get there tell them the only reason you have DTV is for the ticket and you can no longer afford to pay for the ticket so you want to cancel your sub. When I do this they normally cut the ticket in half, throw in superfan, some movie channells for 3-6 months, and do some minor tweaking to my bill to get it in my "price range". Don't mention you want your bill lowered just say you want to cancel cause of cost and the retention agent goes to work on keeping you as a customer.

When I called I told the computer voice I wanted to cancel my service and it transfered me to a retention agent. I explained that the Sunday Ticket was getting to expensive to keep and that was the only reason I had DirecTV. She looked for offers and came back with a $5 a month credit. I told her I would have to cancel the Sunday Ticket and she looked for more offers and came back with the $20 a month credit offer. It was actually pretty painless and I got it with the first call.

baja
07-05-2010, 10:23 AM
When I called I told the computer voice I wanted to cancel my service and it transfered me to a retention agent. I explained that the Sunday Ticket was getting to expensive to keep and that was the only reason I had DirecTV. She looked for offers and came back with a $5 a month credit. I told her I would have to cancel the Sunday Ticket and she looked for more offers and came back with the $20 a month credit offer. It was actually pretty painless and I got it with the first call.

The trouble with the game is that it leaves you always wondering if you got the best deal posible.

Ha sometimes my keyboard will type a "U" and sometimes it won't

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu go figure???

coachmastermind
07-05-2010, 10:23 AM
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=170710

mj1569
07-05-2010, 10:45 AM
The trouble with the game is that it leaves you always wondering if you got the best deal posible.

Ha sometimes my keyboard will type a "U" and sometimes it won't

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu go figure???

I can agree with that because I was wondering how far I could of gone when I hung up the phone. But in the end I am happy getting Sunday Ticket for under $200 for the season.

baja
07-05-2010, 10:53 AM
I can get Sunday Ticket in Mexico for 100 a year and it's the same for everyone. No wheeling and dealing that's the price out of the box....

http://www.sky.com.mx/ppe/dep/805840.html

KS Bronco
07-05-2010, 11:16 AM
just called this morning. got it for $180, with superfan (which i think is included for everyone this year) and the To-Go option (where you can watch it on your computer/phone). i paid $150 last year, so im ok with a little inflation--still saves me from large bar tabs!

illbroncsfn
07-05-2010, 12:12 PM
just called this morning. got it for $180, with superfan (which i think is included for everyone this year) and the To-Go option (where you can watch it on your computer/phone). i paid $150 last year, so im ok with a little inflation--still saves me from large bar tabs!

X2

If you are a new Directv subscriber you can get a better deal than the 30/mo.

Smilin Assassin
07-05-2010, 12:59 PM
So who am I asking for? Or just talk to the first rep I get on the phone?

I've been getting Sunday Ticket since '95....but $315 is insane.

Wes Mantooth
07-05-2010, 02:43 PM
so I just got the $150 Sunday Ticket with SF, free HD for one year, Starz for 6 months and the in home any room DVR connection for $3 per month. Any room DVR upgrades all my receivers to HD for no charge. Pretty happy. Took about 30 minutes.

Doggcow
07-05-2010, 04:30 PM
It really helps if youve had it before.

Otherwise it is a pain in the ass to start (why I havent for 2 years).

Gonna try again when I have some money though.

Broke from buying my dog and new 50" G25

Doggcow
07-05-2010, 04:31 PM
so I just got the $150 Sunday Ticket with SF, free HD for one year, Starz for 6 months and the in home any room DVR connection for $3 per month. Any room DVR upgrades all my receivers to HD for no charge. Pretty happy. Took about 30 minutes.

I got a free HDDVR like a month ago. Just complained till they sent it.

****er has a ****ton of lights on the front though that is annoying as ****. I taped some paper over them.

maher_tyler
07-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I'll be deployed so i won't have to worry about this...Broncos are playing in Phoenix this year to..go figure!!

Wes Mantooth
07-05-2010, 08:32 PM
I got a free HDDVR like a month ago. Just complained till they sent it.

****er has a ****ton of lights on the front though that is annoying as ****. I taped some paper over them.

Think you misunderstood. The dvr setup allows me to watch programs from my dvr on any tv in the house

BlueCrusher
07-06-2010, 09:05 AM
I just checked my account online and it shows the NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2010 HD - Charge as 0.0 so hopefully they are giving it to me for free this year. Yeah right...

i4jelway7
07-06-2010, 09:20 AM
I just called and got the sunday ticket for 6 payments of $19.99, I've been a sunday ticket sub since '97

baja
07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
I just called and got the sunday ticket for 6 payments of $19.99

Your lying

dbfan21
07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
I just called and got the sunday ticket for 6 payments of $19.99

what did you say to them?

i4jelway7
07-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Your lying

Ha ha @ baja, if that's what you want to believe then be my guest but I"m not lying nor do I have any reason to lie... I've been a sunday ticket sub since '97... all I said was that I wanted to cancel for this year and the rep offered $20 off a month for 6 months and I said it was still too expensive, she came back on and offered the 6 payments of $19.99 (which is including 6 months of free HD access which costs $10 a month) I said wow OK then, thx and have a nice day, the whole phone call lasted less than 6 minutes

BlueCrusher
07-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Oh yeah, if you have a friend that has Sunday ticket you could always watch the games online if your friend trusts you with their password.

cousinal11
07-06-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't like to have to keep calling over and over but did call once and got $10 a month knocked off and a free upgrade on one of my receivers to a DVR. Superfan is included in the price this year so, for me, it's $39.95 a month for six months. The rep I talked to last year told me what they can offer depends on how long you have been with them. I was satisfied. Living in Virginia, the Broncos are never on the regional broadcasts.

Yep, Superfan is included this year.

I called got the $120 credit which is what they gave me last year.

So I'm paying $30 a month for 6 months to watch whoever the **** I want to watch in beautiful high definition from the comfort of my own living room. Well worth it.

:bronxrox:

baja
07-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Ha ha @ baja, if that's what you want to believe then be my guest but I"m not lying nor do I have any reason to lie... I've been a sunday ticket sub since '97... all I said was that I wanted to cancel for this year and the rep offered $20 off a month for 6 months and I said it was still too expensive, she came back on and offered the 6 payments of $19.99 (which is including 6 months of free HD access which costs $10 a month) I said wow OK then, thx and have a nice day, the whole phone call lasted less than 6 minutes

Dude that's cheaper than the first season it became available. Hard to believe.

meangene
07-06-2010, 10:25 AM

I do think what they can offer is based on how long you have been a subscriber. He has had Sunday Ticket since '97 which probably makes him eligible for the best deal possible. I remember reading that they actually lose money on the Ticket but make it up with increased DirecTv subscribers. So, if they have to make deals with some subscribers to keep them it must be worth it to them based on their cost-benefit analysis. I'm just glad I saw the thread here last year or I would have just kept on paying full price! :approve:

i4jelway7
07-06-2010, 10:25 AM

I remember the days when the sunday ticket was $149, so yeah it's definately a great deal.. I couldn't believe it either.. When I get billed I'll post a pic of my bill if you want me to although all the credits and adjustments on the paper bills sometimes makes it hard to see what your actually paying for

baja
07-06-2010, 10:32 AM
I remember the days when the sunday ticket was $149, so yeah it's definately a great deal.. I couldn't believe it either.. When I get billed I'll post a pic of my bill if you want me to although all the credits and adjustments on the paper bills sometimes makes it hard to see what your actually paying for

If true and you do have the ring of telling the truth about you than I'll bet they have to show to the NFL a certain subscriber base or face losing their exclusive status. I know cable and Dish would love to get their hands on the Ticket. They are losing money at those numbers so they must need subscribers badly.

i4jelway7
07-06-2010, 10:35 AM
If true and you do have the ring of telling the truth about you than I'll bet they have to show to the NFL a certain subscriber base or face losing their exclusive status. I know cable and Dish would love to get their hands on the Ticket. They are losing money at those numbers so they must need subscribers badly.

yep I'm pretty sure you have hit the nail on the head about showing the NFL a certain sub base.. I've never threatened to cancel my whole DTV service just the sunday ticket and every year I get it cheaper and cheaper.. I think I paid $150 last year

Smilin Assassin
07-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Just called and got it reduced to 6 payments of $29.99 ($180).

That's down from the $299 he told me it was at when I called. All I said is that I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket after 15 years because the price was too outrageous.

Call took all of 5 mins, and he said the price was as low as he was allowed to go. (True or not I dunno, but $120 off...I'll take it.)

i4jelway7
07-06-2010, 10:44 AM

That's down from the $299 he told me it was at when I called. All I said is that I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket after 15 years because the price was too outrageous.

Call took all of 5 mins, and he said the price was as low as he was allowed to go. (True or not I dunno, but $120 off...I'll take it.)

yeah I'd say that is as low as they can go w/ the actual sunday ticket package, to get mine to $19.99 a month they added a $10 HD credit for 6 months

baja
07-06-2010, 10:45 AM

LOL This is going to unravel for DTV. Word will get out they are playing let's make a deal. Guess the decider never played poker. ;D

Wes Mantooth
07-06-2010, 10:53 AM
LOL This is going to unravel for DTV. Word will get out they are playing let's make a deal. Guess the decider never played poker. ;D

This is the same age old trick that work with all salesmen. For every 1 person that negotiates their price, their are two that come in and just pay full price.

baja
07-06-2010, 10:55 AM
This is the same age old trick that work with all salesmen. For every 1 person that negotiates their price, their are two that come in and just pay full price.

In a good ecomony you would be right but this is not a good ecomony and the value is not there at 300 per.

Remember a case can be made that they are under the gun to maintain a certain number of subscribers. That is their handy cap.

baja
07-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Actually it is incredabilly stupid for the NFL to continue to give exclusitivity to DTV.

coachmastermind
07-06-2010, 12:37 PM
I just called... I've been out of town for 2 weeks so, I haven't had the chance too... I got the deal for $20 a month off of Sunday Ticket for 6 months... so I'm paying $29.99/month for Ticket... There is no Super Fan anymore, you automatically get the HD games... they do have NFL Sunday Ticket to be able to watch games online or from your smart phone for $49.99. I know some people were getting that for free, she didn't offer it me, so I cancelled that, I doubt I would use it anyway.

Beyond that, as mentioned if you have HD and are interested in signing up for Auto Renewal they will give you a $10/month for 24/months discount... add to that I have 3 Refer-a-friends and DirecTv is almost paying me for their service.

coachmastermind
07-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Think you misunderstood. The dvr setup allows me to watch programs from my dvr on any tv in the house

I saw the add for that, and did a little research, how much do they charge for instalation? I have 2 HDDVR's and 2HD recievers will I have to pay to upgrade any recievers?

cabronco
07-06-2010, 02:55 PM
I've had Sunday ticket for 15 years. Two years ago, I was trying to haggle a lower price with the agent. I said I've been a loyal customer and I think the price of the NFL ticket was too much, and Im thinking about canceling it. He said no problem , we will take you off the Sunday ticket list. Doh !! The dude wouldnt budge whatsoever. I ended up having to call back a week later to get the ticket back. Then called back after another week and talked to a friendly gal who got the okay to give me a deal.

coachmastermind
07-06-2010, 03:02 PM
I've had Sunday ticket for 15 years. Two years ago, I was trying to haggle a lower price with the agent. I said I've been a loyal customer and I think the price of the NFL ticket was too much, and Im thinking about canceling it. He said no problem , we will take you off the Sunday ticket list. Doh !! The dude wouldnt budge whatsoever. I ended up having to call back a week later to get the ticket back. Then called back after another week and talked to a friendly gal who got the okay to give me a deal.

I've found anytime I need to contact DirecTv it's Customer Service Roulet, when I call in. More good ones than bad though... I find if there is a problem, I just ask to speak to their supervisor...

baja
07-06-2010, 03:03 PM

The trick is all in who you get if you get a prick or a stupid person just hang up and call back and do it until you get someone you can work with.

mwill07
07-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I did my negotiation call today. When the robot asked what I wanted, I said "cancel service." I told the customer service rep that I no longer wanted Sunday ticket because it's too expensive and told her I paid $150 last year, and I could barely manage that. She offered me $20 off for the next 6 months - I told her that was close to what I could do - it's not much, but another $30 would make it the same as last year and that would be something I could justify. Times are tight with the economy and all. She came back with an additional $50 off for the first month, and I said DEAL!

So - I'm in for $314-$20*6-$50 = $144.

Easy negotiating. Maybe I got lucky, maybe I'm just such a great and fantastic customer, maybe I'm a rube who is getting ripped off on some other package and they are desperate to keep my money coming. Either way, I'm back in.

baja
07-06-2010, 03:28 PM
I did my negotiation call today. When the robot asked what I wanted, I said "cancel service." I told the customer service rep that I no longer wanted Sunday ticket because it's too expensive and told her I paid $150 last year, and I could barely manage that. She offered me $20 off for the next 6 months - I told her that was close to what I could do - it's not much, but another $30 would make it the same as last year and that would be something I could justify. Times are tight with the economy and all. She came back with an additional $50 off for the first month, and I said DEAL!

So - I'm in for $314-$20*6-$50 = $144.

Easy negotiating. Maybe I got lucky, maybe I'm just such a great and fantastic customer, maybe I'm a rube who is getting ripped off on some other package and they are desperate to keep my money coming. Either way, I'm back in.

Next negotiator should say they have a friend that is thinking of signing up and that you are sure this price would close the deal and would DTV offer the same deal to this friend and someone here would love the deal I am sure. Just ask the rep for a code to verify.

cabronco
07-06-2010, 04:11 PM
The trick is all in who you get if you get a prick or a stupid person just hang up and call back and do it until you get someone you can work with.

You're right. Last year was much easier getting the rates down. I wasnt getting my full rate of pay from work, as I was hurt on the job, which is true. She was easy to talk & work with over the phone. Looks like its time to make another call for this year. I cant quit Sunday ticket, having the 55" Mitsu. & HD, & the ability to watch any other games. Pre-seasons right around the corner .

OrangenBlueOhio
07-06-2010, 04:20 PM
So what you all are saying is this works if you currently have the Ticket? I have had the ticket off and on for the last 10 yrs. Last time was two yrs ago. I have been having all kinds of problems with my HD channels this past 2-3 months, was thinkin I might be able to negotiate a deal on the Ticket for my troubles?????

Wes Mantooth
07-06-2010, 05:22 PM
I saw the add for that, and did a little research, how much do they charge for instalation? I have 2 HDDVR's and 2HD recievers will I have to pay to upgrade any recievers?

I will no more Thursday afternoon, but as I understand it, they install a couple of wireless modules at no cost and you are done. Your HD receivers are probably sufficient. Replacement receivers will be provided at no charge. Again, my install is Thursday so I will report if anything changes.

ColoradoDarin
07-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Called this morning to get my deal. Just signed up last year (free everything just had to pay for Sunday Ticket). Told them that money was a bit tight this year - $20 off a month and I don't need the online stuff. Not too bad for 15 minutes. Just be friendly and be upfront about how you like ST but that money is an issue this year.

cutback
07-06-2010, 07:17 PM
anyone not in a contract had any luck trying to get the deal for new subscribers where u just pay for the sunday ticket and get the 4 months of premium package for free?

what would stop me from canceling and then calling back as a new subscriber? my buddy was able to pull it off once. i may try.

baja
07-06-2010, 07:37 PM
anyone not in a contract had any luck trying to get the deal for new subscribers where u just pay for the sunday ticket and get the 4 months of premium package for free?

what would stop me from canceling and then calling back as a new subscriber? my buddy was able to pull it off once. i may try.

Call in and make that your arguement ask for a supervisor tell him/her you do not think it is fair to be penalized for being a loyal customer. Be adament.

Jerry Curl
07-06-2010, 07:41 PM
I plan on making this call tomorrow but right now I'm not signed up for auto-renewal, will it still work? I plan on calling and saying that I really want to keep ST but the price is to much and can you (the rep) do anything to help w/ the price....sound about right?

jbiel
07-06-2010, 07:48 PM
So I just called and asked if there were any good deals for Sunday Ticket and mentioned I paid $150 last year. The lady lowballed me and took off a whopping $15. I told her that wasnt good enough so she gave me the $20 off for 6 months. She then asked if she satisfied my needs. I questioned if there was some 24 months of free hd if I signed up for auto-pay. She said yes and looked it up for me and said I qualified. She then threw in the ticket to go thing also. When she was talking about the free HD though she kept on calling it free HD for life. Is this the same as everyone else or am I going to get this credit of $10 for longer than 24 months?

Either way Directv pulled through again. I have a love-hate relationship with them. Still can't believe I dont have local HD's here yet, but I'll deal with it a little longer. I know a lot of people with DISH and they are never allowed to get good deals on receivers or packages.

SoDak Bronco
07-06-2010, 07:49 PM

It's 5 months free of the Premium Package, and you pay 59.99 for the ST, and basically that's it. Once the 5months is up, I'm moving down to the Choice Xtra and I'll still get the Sunday Ticket. The guys come tomorrow Thursday to install everything. I am getting 1 HD-DVR, 1 HD receiver and the whole home system and my first bill is 74.99.

baja
07-06-2010, 07:51 PM
It's 5 months free of the Premium Package, and you pay 59.99 for the ST, and basically that's it. Once the 5months is up, I'm moving down to the Choice Xtra and I'll still get the Sunday Ticket. The guys come tomorrow Thursday to install everything. I am getting 1 HD-DVR, 1 HD receiver and the whole home system and my first bill is 74.99.

That's a sweet deal

SoDak Bronco
07-06-2010, 07:54 PM
I may have found a way to get the denver local channels while doing some research for the Sunday Ticket, thus giving you all the bronco games without having to buy the ticket. you wouldn't obviously get every game though...But since i don't have the dish installed until Thursday I can't say for sure.

baja
07-06-2010, 07:58 PM
I may have found a way to get the denver local channels while doing some research for the Sunday Ticket, thus giving you all the bronco games without having to buy the ticket. you wouldn't obviously get every game though...But since i don't have the dish installed until Thursday I can't say for sure.

DTV beams the signal for the locals only in the greater Denver area (called spotlighting) so if you live outside a 50 mile radius you will not receive the signal.

SoDak Bronco
07-06-2010, 08:04 PM
DTV beams the signal for the locals only in the greater Denver area (called spotlighting) so if you live outside a 50 mile radius you will not receive the signal.

yeah i figured it wouldn't work , but I came across this LSU football forum and they were talking about a way to change your locals by calling in, giving them a local (denver in this case) address as your updated service address. Tell them you are traveling for work or something, and the CSR can change the Service Address and it will give you locals based off of that information.

I think it may work because where I am at, we don't get locals yet for whatever reason, so I am going to be getting the NY feed. If I can get the NY feed, why can't i get the Denver feed.

Jerry Curl
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I have Denver local channels through DTV...in Laramie, Wy. ~150 miles away.

SoDak Bronco
07-06-2010, 08:07 PM

^5

How are you managing that?

baja
07-06-2010, 08:15 PM
yeah i figured it wouldn't work , but I came across this LSU football forum and they were talking about a way to change your locals by calling in, giving them a local (denver in this case) address as your updated service address. Tell them you are traveling for work or something, and the CSR can change the Service Address and it will give you locals based off of that information.

I think it may work because where I am at, we don't get locals yet for whatever reason, so I am going to be getting the NY feed. If I can get the NY feed, why can't i get the Denver feed.

They blanket the nation with the signal for the network package which includes NY and SF all other local network stations are beamed via the spotlight beam so unless you are within 50 miles of your home city you will get the national package ie NY & SF

baja
07-06-2010, 08:27 PM

Sometimes there is bleed over on the spotlight signal and I may be wrong about the 50 miles maybe it's a hundred or more in areas where the city with locals available is a fair distance from the next city with DTV locals.

gobroncos313
07-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Why in the hell can we not get the Denver locals? What part of a free media do they not understand? I got them for years on my big dish and it was great, every Bronco game from pre-season to the coaches shows. I don't know how they can constitutionally block you from getting media when the technology is there to get it.

SoDak Bronco
07-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Why in the hell can we not get the Denver locals? What part of a free media do they not understand? I got them for years on my big dish and it was great, every Bronco game from pre-season to the coaches shows. I don't know how they can constitutionally block you from getting media when the technology is there to get it.

So they can get us all to buy Sunday Ticket..and all the other fans to buy the ticket for there teams...Follow the $$

Jerry Curl
07-06-2010, 08:58 PM
^5

How are you managing that?

Not really sure, when I signed up last year they just said I wouldn't get local (wyoming) channels and instead the Denver channels...Wyoming news is light years behind anyways.

Now just to get the hookup with ST! eff paying $314

baja
07-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Not really sure, when I signed up last year they just said I wouldn't get local (wyoming) channels and instead the Denver channels...Wyoming news is light years behind anyways.

Now just to get the hookup with ST! eff paying $314

The answer if they do not brodcast all local markets just the larger ones.

coachmastermind
07-06-2010, 09:25 PM

I think one of the main reasons is our local markets want us to watch them, or even more so the advertisers that pay to have their commercials run on which help to make local channels "free".

ZONA
07-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Well, I didn't get it for $150 like I did the previous year, but it didn't take me 2 hours either. I said to the first guy, we can do this fast or it can take hours, I want it for $150. He said how about $170 and 6 free months of Starz. I said great and thanks for saving me 2 hours of hassling.

i4jelway7
07-07-2010, 03:09 AM
If anyone is switching to DTV please PM me for my account number and we can both get $100 off our bill thru the referral program

mwill07
07-07-2010, 04:47 AM
If anyone is switching to DTV please PM me for my account number and we can both get $100 off our bill thru the referral program

I'm actually running a similar program. If you sign up and use me as a referral, I'll paypal you an additional $25 so you will get a total of $125! PM me for details!

Beantown Bronco
07-07-2010, 06:32 AM
I'm actually running a similar program. If you sign up and use me as a referral, I'll paypal you an additional $25 so you will get a total of $125! PM me for details!

Mine is better. I'll paypal an additional $75. :thanku:

baja
07-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Gotta love free markets

Ray Finkle
07-07-2010, 07:28 AM
got 20 bucks off (per month for 6 months) and a year of Showtime free....

slatimer
07-08-2010, 11:45 AM
got six payments of $29.99 in about 3 minutes...I can stomach that...

LRtagger
07-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Just called and was told they don't have any offers because I'm a new customer and already getting a discount on service (still pay $70 per month).

Anyone else in that situation?

baja
07-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Just called and was told they don't have any offers because I'm a new customer and already getting a discount on service (still pay $70 per month).

Tell then dish made you a better offer that's a double hit to them.

LRtagger
07-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I just called again and asked for retention. Got a really nice girl on the phone and told her I was thinking about canceling. She said I wasn't eligible for any discounts because I have only been a customer for 6 months and they only give out discounts to longtime customers with good account history. She said if I waited until next season I could probably get the discount.

I made small talk about how times are tough, we have two kids, etc. and she put me on hold for a couple minutes. Came back with $199 total with all the extras. I tried to push for more, but she said she said no thats the best she could do and I had to pay it as one lump sum because she wasnt allowed to put any more monthly discounts on my account so I said OK (I'm already getting $31 off per month as the incentive when I started service). I didnt want to push it. Ended up being a 30 minute call with all the small talk, but worth it. At the end of the call she even gave me pointers on how to negotiate the price for next season.

mj1569
07-09-2010, 12:25 PM
I just called again and asked for retention. Got a really nice girl on the phone and told her I was thinking about canceling. She said I wasn't eligible for any discounts because I have only been a customer for 6 months and they only give out discounts to longtime customers with good account history. She said if I waited until next season I could probably get the discount.

I made small talk about how times are tough, we have two kids, etc. and she put me on hold for a couple minutes. Came back with $199 total with all the extras. I tried to push for more, but she said she said no thats the best she could do and I had to pay it as one lump sum because she wasnt allowed to put any more monthly discounts on my account so I said OK (I'm already getting $31 off per month as the incentive when I started service). I didnt want to push it. Ended up being a 30 minute call with all the small talk, but worth it. At the end of the call she even gave me pointers on how to negotiate the price for next season.

Which were?

BroncoSojia
07-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Well I called yesterday and got my payments reduced from $50 a month to $34.

It didn't take long either

SoDak Bronco
07-09-2010, 12:49 PM
just got my dish installed yesterday, its pretty sweet...love the whole home DVR feature that allows you to watch recorded programs in different rooms. One thing I noticed was my picture HD quality on my 4 yr old DLP Samsung HD TV wasn't as good as it was when I had the cable HD box hooked up. I looked at it, and noticed DTV HD DVR box was hooked up HDMI, and switched it to Component and the picture quality was much better. Any reason for that? Any HD guru's that have suggestions, I guess just go with component since its a better picture?

LRtagger
07-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Which were?

Call and ask for retention. Don't start off by asking "can I get the $20 off per month for the NFL package". Just ask what specials they have going on. If you don't like what they tell you, ask them if thats all they have going. If they say "yes", tell them you want to cancel your ST subscription. That should get them to offer you the best deal they have. If that doesn't work, call back.

SoDak Bronco
07-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Call and ask for retention. Don't start off by asking "can I get the $20 off per month for the NFL package". Just ask what specials they have going on. If you don't like what they tell you, ask them if thats all they have going. If they say "yes", tell them you want to cancel your ST subscription. That should get them to offer you the best deal they have. If that doesn't work, call back.

Sounds like the same thing we've heard from most of the DTV vets

Jerry Curl
07-09-2010, 04:45 PM
what if when you said you wanted to cancel if they just say 'alright' or something along those lines...just hang up then?

LRtagger
07-09-2010, 05:59 PM
what if when you said you wanted to cancel if they just say 'alright' or something along those lines...just hang up then?

Yes. That happened the first time I called. I said I wanted to cancel. The guy was a total douche acted like he could care less. I hung up and called back a few hours later.

bfoflcommish
07-13-2010, 12:57 PM
ok my story.

called a week ago and was told sorry $300 (6 x $50) and I can take $10 off for 6 months. i said no thanks just leave as is whle I "mull it over"

called back 10 minutes ago and got the $20 x 6 off so total price of $180, and when she was done with that I said What is this sunday ticket to go im reading about, I have an iphone. she said hold on, normally $10 x 5...FREE!!!! just have to download the app onto my phone and can watch live streams as well as highlights right on my iphone....saaaweet!

ALSO, there is a new broncos directv remote control for sale if you go to thier site too. looks to be about $24 after taxes kinda nifty, may order that this week too

SoDak Bronco
07-13-2010, 07:53 PM
question for DTV vetrans. I have had my DTV for about a week, I've noticed some annyoing things that I've never experienced. On my main TV I have surround sound hooked up, and a lot of the DVR'd programs I tape don't have volume when I tape them, so I have to use the TV volume which is just annoying and not as good. NFL N I always have to use the TV volume, it never comes in, also a lot of nonHD channels have the same issue, while it works on most others.

Also, do you guys pay the 5.99 ADP plan for your receivers, remote, dish?

mwill07
07-13-2010, 08:17 PM
question for DTV vetrans. I have had my DTV for about a week, I've noticed some annyoing things that I've never experienced. On my main TV I have surround sound hooked up, and a lot of the DVR'd programs I tape don't have volume when I tape them, so I have to use the TV volume which is just annoying and not as good. NFL N I always have to use the TV volume, it never comes in, also a lot of nonHD channels have the same issue, while it works on most others.

Also, do you guys pay the 5.99 ADP plan for your receivers, remote, dish?
sounds like it's some setting regarding pushing out digital audio...just guessing though.

RE: the $5.99...absolutely. In 2 years, I've had one HDDVR go bad, the dish needed re-adjusting, and my non-HD tuner bit the bullet just today.

Here's a trick though: I didn't do the plan when I signed up. When my antenna needed re-aimed, that's when I signed up for the protection plan, and then once I had that going I called for the adjustment. They were ok with it as long as I continued w/ the plan for the duration of my contract.

bfoflcommish
07-13-2010, 09:34 PM
yes yes yes on the protectionplan

No Frills
07-13-2010, 11:01 PM
I have DirecTv's NFL Sunday Ticket for this coming season for $174.94 which includes all games in Hd!
THANK YOU DIRECTV!!!

~Crash~
07-14-2010, 06:52 PM

I was told to hit the road ...:welcome:

~Crash~
07-14-2010, 06:58 PM
so is there some good links to free tv on the web ? I am kind of tired paying $100 a month

bfoflcommish
07-15-2010, 08:55 AM
i was told to hit the road ...:welcome:

if at first you don't succeed try try again!

baja
07-15-2010, 09:03 AM
I was told to hit the road ...:welcome:

You got to play nice. If you get a prick don't be a prick back because they will type something in your notes that the next rep will see, just hang up and call back. The chances of getting the same person are like 5000 to 1.

R8R H8R
07-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Well, I have had NFL Ticket for several years now, and most of those years I have had to call DTV to negotiate the price. I always told the 1st guy/gal that i wanted to cancel, then they transfered me to the retention dept. who are able to negotiate.

Anyway, I called yesterday and went through the routine, and when I told retention that I would cancel unless I got last year's price ($24.99 6 mos.). She said she could offer me $29.99 for 6 mos., and I told her no, I really wanted last year's price or I would have to cancel.

She then proceeded to cancel my NFL service altogether; she called my bluff. So, right now I don't have the Ticket for the 1st time in ages. Oh well, I may call them back before the season starts, or I have 2 sports bars close by I can go to. We'll see.

baja
07-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Well, I have had NFL Ticket for several years now, and most of those years I have had to call DTV to negotiate the price. I always told the 1st guy/gal that i wanted to cancel, then they transfered me to the retention dept. who are able to negotiate.

Anyway, I called yesterday and went through the routine, and when I told retention that I would cancel unless I got last year's price ($24.99 6 mos.). She said she could offer me $29.99 for 6 mos., and I told her no, I really wanted last year's price or I would have to cancel.

She then proceeded to cancel my NFL service altogether; she called my bluff. So, right now I don't have the Ticket for the 1st time in ages. Oh well, I may call them back before the season starts, or I have 2 sports bars close by I can go to. We'll see.

You should have asked to speak to a higher athourity

cmhargrove
07-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Somebody needs to try to get one of these thrown in for free.

bfoflcommish
07-15-2010, 02:56 PM

I tried.

The directv reps acant een order on thier side. When I mentioned it to the rep I was speaking with she was like hmm I see them but I cant order. I think its because yo ucan only order with a credit card not add to your bill.

Los Broncos
07-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Those remotes are nice, anyone getting a Bronco one?

bfoflcommish
07-15-2010, 03:22 PM
im sure i will order one soon

DenverBroncosJM
07-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Would that remote work on a ps3 if I have the adapter?

ol number 7
07-28-2010, 04:41 PM
im sure i will order one soon

Said the ticket was 49.95 for six months Got him down to 29.95 very easy. Just said my friend who hasn't even been with you as long as I have got the 29.95 and he said he would honor that.

SouthStndJunkie
07-29-2010, 12:48 PM
I ended up getting $20 off a month for 6 months, so it will be $29.95 a month instead of $49.95 a month for 6 months.

I also got free high def for a year....an additional savings of $10 a month for 12 months.

I saved a total of $240 for 20 minutes worth of work.

The first lady I talked to was foreign and was not biting....or didn't understand. She was going transfer me and I got put on hold and disconnected.

The second call I indicated that my reason for calling was to 'cancel' and was directed to the appropriate channels for saving some cash. He was a cool dude that liked football and the call took less than 5 minutes. I told him I have been a subscriber for 10 or 11 years and I pay a lot of money every month and that I simply could not afford the additional cost of the NFL Sunday Ticket at the current price.

Smilin Assassin
07-29-2010, 02:01 PM
You'll probably get an email telling you that you are renewed @ 6 payments of $49.99.

But, if you check the website bill, you'll see they apply the $20 discount there.

SouthStndJunkie
07-29-2010, 02:10 PM
You'll probably get an email telling you that you are renewed @ 6 payments of $49.99.

But, if you check the website bill, you'll see they apply the $20 discount there.

I got that email a few days back telling me I was auto renewed at $49.95 a month for 6 months.

I checked online and they have already applied the credit to this month's bill.

Dendave
08-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Direct TV has a deal right now for $66.99 a month for 5 months includes NFL ticket and their best package and HD DVR

ColoradoDarin
08-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Direct TV has a deal right now for $66.99 a month for 5 months includes NFL ticket and their best package and HD DVR

I did that last year, it's a good deal, especially to get started on the ticket.

cmhargrove
08-02-2010, 01:34 PM
I ended up getting $20 off a month for 6 months, so it will be $29.95 a month instead of $49.95 a month for 6 months.

I also got free high def for a year....an additional savings of $10 a month for 12 months.

I saved a total of $240 for 20 minutes worth of work.

The first lady I talked to was foreign and was not biting....or didn't understand. She was going transfer me and I got put on hold and disconnected.

The second call I indicated that my reason for calling was to 'cancel' and was directed to the appropriate channels for saving some cash. He was a cool dude that liked football and the call took less than 5 minutes. I told him I have been a subscriber for 10 or 11 years and I pay a lot of money every month and that I simply could not afford the additional cost of the NFL Sunday Ticket at the current price.

Ditto on the +$240 deal last night.

Traveler
08-03-2010, 09:41 AM

DirecTV reps can't order them. They retail for $49.99 but are currently on sale for $21.00. As for Sunday Ticket, I first got them to to reduce my bill by $10 for twelve months.

Then called back and said it was still too expensive and the further reduced my bill another $20.00 for six months.

Called back one final time, gave them another sob story. Long story short is they are also upgrading all the receivers, to include my HD DVR's, in my home to the Whole Home DVR Service-FOR FREE!-

Taco John
08-03-2010, 09:44 AM
I just called and got the $20 bucks knocked off my monthly. He said Superfan is included this year as well.

I can feel Broncos season in my bones now. There's something comforting knowing that I can watch every game from the comfort of my own pad.

cmhargrove
08-03-2010, 11:37 AM
DirecTV reps can't order them. They retail for $49.99 but are currently on sale for $21.00. As for Sunday Ticket, I first got them to to reduce my bill by $10 for twelve months.

Then called back and said it was still too expensive and the further reduced my bill another $20.00 for six months.

Called back one final time, gave them another sob story. Long story short is they are also upgrading all the receivers, to include my HD DVR's, in my home to the Whole Home DVR Service-FOR FREE!-

When I saw the reduced price of $21.95, I had to do it.

One shiny new Broncos remote on the way. I wonder is they can put a #15 on it for me...?

Traveler
08-03-2010, 02:03 PM
When I saw the reduced price of $21.95, I had to do it.

Me too. It'll go great with my Bronco themed basement & HT room.

cmhargrove
08-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Me too. It'll go great with my Bronco themed basement & HT room.

I got my Broncos remote today - it's so pretty I almost cried. It was as beautiful as a double rainbow, maybe even a triple rainbow...

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2010, 07:15 PM
I looked at my latest bill and the $20 a month discount and free high def credit for a year are not included on my bill....they credited my last bill, but not this one.

I'm glad I got the reps name and the transaction number when I was given the deal. I also took a screen capture of the deal when it showed up on my last bill online.

I'm sure I will call tomorrow and they will straighten it out, but calling them is a pain in the ass.

Dendave
08-09-2010, 07:45 AM
So I got Direct TV and the NFL Sunday ticket on Friday...quick question, I now get the FSN Rocky Mountain do they have much Bronco prgramming? pregame, postgame, in season shows? I noticed over the weekend, Cleveland's FSN had a Browns show, Washington's had a Redskin show...I couldn't find anything about a Broncos show, anyone in the know, please let me know. Thanks

Dendave
08-09-2010, 04:08 PM
So I got Direct TV and the NFL Sunday ticket on Friday...quick question, I now get the FSN Rocky Mountain do they have much Bronco prgramming? pregame, postgame, in season shows? I noticed over the weekend, Cleveland's FSN had a Browns show, Washington's had a Redskin show...I couldn't find anything about a Broncos show, anyone in the know, please let me know. Thanks

anyone?

*Famous*
08-09-2010, 06:38 PM
I just called in and asked to cancel my service. Spoke with a person in denver and they gave me the ticket (superfan) for 5 payments of $63, but then credited the first payment and knocked off $20 a month for 6 months. So using my calculator 4x63-120= $132 total

Maximus
08-09-2010, 07:31 PM
I called them a week ago and saved $100 on NFL Ticket & Super fan I hit them with the length of time as a customer argument ( Since USSB & DTV were a package ) Then I asked them for a New Hd DVR for free! Got that for $129. They tried to stick me with the $7.99 fee for the DVR so, I told them I have a lifetime subscription with my own TIVO... Wound up getting more money off the ticket to offset the 7.99 charge for a year.

Gotta be willing to talk to them.

Los Broncos
08-22-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm getting ready to sign up with Directv, they have a special running now.

The premier package if free for 5 months if you get Sunday ticket.

All I pay is $58.97 or something like that a month.

How are the HD channels? do you automatically get the games in HD?

DivineBronco
08-22-2010, 08:20 PM
anyone?

before two years ago there seemed to be a bunch of bronco programing but last season i could no longer find the cbs show they would replay on monday or a weekly broncos show they once had

broncobum6162
08-23-2010, 10:55 AM
This is total BS. Last year I got the discount no problem. I've called in twice now, last month I hadn't been billed yet so I didn't qualify for any discounts. Just called in and all they say I qualify for is $10 per month discount. I threatened them w/ cancelling and told them when I move in a month I'm getting Dish network instead and all she could say was "I'm sorry you feel that way" I even read her some of the posts on this thread of the deals my "friends" were getting and it didn't make a damn difference. Help anyone?

broncobum6162
08-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Well, after several calls and much bitching I think I got a pretty good deal. My account was earmarked for only a $10 discount per month. It didn't say how long. The Rep gave me free HD for 12 months along w/ an additional discount fo $10 for a year also. Total discount of $240. I took it..........:thumbs:

Los Broncos
08-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Well, after several calls and much b****ing I think I got a pretty good deal. My account was earmarked for only a $10 discount per month. It didn't say how long. The Rep gave me free HD for 12 months along w/ an additional discount fo $10 for a year also. Total discount of $240. I took it..........:thumbs:

How long have you had DTV?

DenverBroncosJM
08-24-2010, 09:59 AM
So I got my 20 dollar a month discount earlier this year for Sunday Ticket and then saw that they are giving HD away for free for new subscribers so I called up and asked them what gives?

I had to sign up for automatic bill payment but they gave me the discount for 2 years ($10.00 a month)

So if your still paying for HD I would call.

DeuceOfClub
08-24-2010, 10:00 AM
It took my wife 5min' to get the $20 off x 6 months, thanks largely to the tips in this thread.
No threat or drama needed.

If you're still having trouble try and ask for a"promotion team member", that's what sealed the deal for me last year.

Binkythefrog
08-24-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm getting ready to sign up with Directv, they have a special running now.

The premier package if free for 5 months if you get Sunday ticket.

All I pay is $58.97 or something like that a month.

How are the HD channels? do you automatically get the games in HD?

Make sure to check the monthly costs. I was going to do this, until I saw that after 5 months the cost went up and over 110 dollars a month. I don't need all of those other channels, but I signed up only for Sunday Ticket. I went with Choice Ultimate, since I got free HD with that.

I wonder if I can get those discounts everyone is talking about if I'm a new customer starting mid September (I signed up online)... my gut says no. But maybe its worth a try. I'm paying the full 60 over 5 months for Sunday Ticket.

Los Broncos
08-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Make sure to check the monthly costs. I was going to do this, until I saw that after 5 months the cost went up and over 110 dollars a month. I don't need all of those other channels, but I signed up only for Sunday Ticket. I went with Choice Ultimate, since I got free HD with that.

I wonder if I can get those discounts everyone is talking about if I'm a new customer starting mid September (I signed up online)... my gut says no. But maybe its worth a try. I'm paying the full 60 over 5 months for Sunday Ticket.

I will for sure keep an eye on it, I plan on down grading if I can after the 5 months.

bfoflcommish
08-24-2010, 10:06 AM
My understanding is you can up/downgrade whenever you'd like, just remember your 2 year contract starts over from that time. Shoot just moving and adding another HD DVR restarted my contract.

ColoradoBuff
08-24-2010, 10:40 AM

I just signed up for the Premier deal too.....what the rep told me that if after the 5 months are over and i don't wanna pay the regular premier price I could downgrade to Choice or whatever the one is below Premier at no cost. Just signing up for the Premier is a good way to get the Ticket and all the movie channels for 5 months for the cheaper price then change it.

broncobum6162
08-24-2010, 11:57 AM
How long have you had DTV?

I've had NFL Sunday ticket since it's first year approx. 10 years ago.

Los Broncos
08-24-2010, 11:59 AM
I've had NFL Sunday ticket since it's first year approx. 10 years ago.

Cool, I was just asking.

orange&blue87
08-24-2010, 12:02 PM
My understanding is you can up/downgrade whenever you'd like, just remember your 2 year contract starts over from that time. Shoot just moving and adding another HD DVR restarted my contract.

I'd have to call to make sure, but I've upgraded and then downgraded my package, and I've asked if that affected my contract expiration date and they said no.

Hopefully they don't have it restart because I'm set to cancel shortly.

Jerry Curl
08-24-2010, 12:12 PM
I just signed up for the Premier deal too.....what the rep told me that if after the 5 months are over and i don't wanna pay the regular premier price I could downgrade to Choice or whatever the one is below Premier at no cost. Just signing up for the Premier is a good way to get the Ticket and all the movie channels for 5 months for the cheaper price then change it.

This. I did it last year when I first signed up and just jumped to choice after football...and somehow they gave me the deal again this year so I went for it.

Binkythefrog
08-24-2010, 07:20 PM

Thanks! This is good to know. I may call back because the cost is the same for the first 5 months... although it might be difficult to tear myself away from the movie channels after 5 months

Los Broncos
08-24-2010, 08:28 PM
I really don't like their customer service already.

I have been trying to add a referral to my account, I call tonight and finally get someone on the line.

I need all of this persons info, account and name isn't enough.

When in fact last night they told me that's all I need.

I work in customer service and I think it's BS.

*rant mode off*

Goobzilla
08-25-2010, 07:42 PM
I canceled my Sunday Ticket last year after moving back to CO last year. I found I really missed the Red Zone channel last season. Instead of switching to Dish to get it, I called DirecTV and told them I wanted RZC by itself, the service rep said there was no way. I asked to be escalated to a supervisor and he added it to my account for free. So now I have RZC to fill in the Non-Bronco time on Sundays :-)

Dendave
08-31-2010, 01:26 PM
Got NFL Ticket this year, so when should the channels show up on my "guide" I want to DVR the games and I thought I could program my DVR two weeks in advance but when I look I still don't see them, as in what channels the ticket are...should I be concerned?

RonDaChamp24
08-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Got NFL Ticket this year, so when should the channels show up on my "guide" I want to DVR the games and I thought I could program my DVR two weeks in advance but when I look I still don't see them, as in what channels the ticket are...should I be concerned?

No Need to worry. The channels won't start to show until at least next sunday (a week until the first Sunday of the season) right now they have the US Open on some of the channels the Sunday Ticket will be on.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Is this deal still available?

I've been debating on taking the time to call and haggle again this year.

Los Broncos
08-31-2010, 01:42 PM

The offer ends Oct. 9th I think.

Dendave
08-31-2010, 01:43 PM

There website says it is...I decided to get the deal 4 weeks ago, my cable company dropped the NFL Network so I called and complained and got $70 dropped off my cable bill and still have cable as well (NFL network was a higher teir which I didn't need anymore) and I complained about them dropping it so I got a couple of $10.99 off for 18 months, $6.99 off for 6 months...anyway, I justified it to my wife the $59.99 for 5 months is still cheaper then i was paying before. I just needed to sign up for a two year contract and I need to figure out Jan 1 what to do.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-31-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the package again or to watch streams on adthe.net.

Los Broncos
08-31-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the package again or to watch streams on adthe.net.

I got sick of that that's why I signed up.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Buddy of mine got it. I think I can talk him into letting me use his password for the iPad app when he's watching the game at home.

Jerry Curl
08-31-2010, 06:31 PM
I'd let someone use my to-go if they just paid to get it up since I never use it.

gotfredson
08-31-2010, 07:21 PM
I wasn't going to get the ticket until weeknone if last yr, the immaculate deflection. I was watching on some free bootleg version of the game online. Ofcourse it had to go off as "the play" was going on. The next day I switched from cox to direct tv. I lost my job a few months ago so i cancelled. Since I'm employed again I called to get the ticket again. They gave me 20 dollars off for 5 months. I did have to be transferred 4 times but still worth it.

meangene
09-01-2010, 03:07 AM

Sometimes that week's games don't show up on the guide until fairly late in the week. It can be frustrating if you are trying to set your DVR and are out of town or something unless you have the system where you can program your DVR via computer. If it gets beyond Friday and some of the games are still not on your guide you may want to reset your receiver by hitting the little red button on the front.

Dendave
09-08-2010, 07:52 AM
So this is my first year with the ticket, I see the game in my IPG now which is good, my next question is that DTV website says

Pre-game coaches show
Start your Sunday with the word from the coaches themselves. Get the lowdown on what they're thinking, their points of view, their game plans. Tune out the know-it-alls. Hear it from the source.

Where do I find those?

Also

Fantasy football with Player Tracker
At the touch of a button track up to 18 players throughout the day with up to the minute alerts (available on all standard definition and high definition Sunday Ticket game channels)

How do I set this up, I have googled it and can't find how to do this, do I have to wait until Sunday?

Thanks any info would be helpful

DeuceOfClub
09-08-2010, 07:58 AM
http://cdn.directv.com/cms2/sports/nfl/Overview/features__Player_Tracker.jpg (http://orangemane.com/cms2/sports/nfl/Overview/lg__Player_Tracker.jpg)
Player Tracker

Fantasy football fans: Here's your edge. Track up to 18 players in real time right on your screen. Go to channel 701 and pick your players. Then follow team and individual stats throughout the day. You even get live "Big Play" alerts for your players every time they make a game-changing play.<SUP>**</SUP>

Dendave
09-08-2010, 08:04 AM
http://cdn.directv.com/cms2/sports/nfl/Overview/features__Player_Tracker.jpg (http://orangemane.com/cms2/sports/nfl/Overview/lg__Player_Tracker.jpg)
Player Tracker

Fantasy football fans: Here's your edge. Track up to 18 players in real time right on your screen. Go to channel 701 and pick your players. Then follow team and individual stats throughout the day. You even get live "Big Play" alerts for your players every time they make a game-changing play.<SUP>**</SUP>

So I do this day of the game? Because 701 just shows me the DTV logo

DeuceOfClub
09-08-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm not sure...
This is new for this season, I would guess you may need to click the 'Red Button' and follow the menus...

Retire #30!!!
09-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Thanks to this thread I was able to get the $20/off for 6 months and the free to go package. I had to call three times, but the job is finally done.

The first rep offered me a whopper of a deal $5 off for 3 months. I just ended it right there because I could tell in her voice she didn't give a rats ass.

Second rep did the $10 dollar deal for 6 months
Third rep came through for me though Thank you Katy add the OM posters :sunshine:

ColoradoBuff
09-08-2010, 10:44 AM
I luv my Direct TV!

Jerry Curl
09-08-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure...
This is new for this season, I would guess you may need to click the 'Red Button' and follow the menus...

They had it last year...but I'm no help because I think I set mine up after week 1 when I found it. My bet is it will be up soon.

rbackfactory80
09-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Bump: For all those who have direct TV and do not have the ticket this week you will get it free. They always give a free first week.

Quoydogs
09-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Finlay made the call, got upgraded Drv's, nfl ticket + all the extras 29.95 for 6 months I am happy with that.

Jay3
09-11-2010, 03:24 PM
I've got it, and I've got NFL-To-Go -- anybody having trouble getting it to work tonight? They're showing the "Red Zone" channel on it, and I'm getting a "cannot connect to stream" message.

Post here once you've successfully got NFL-To-Go running. It will be my preferred because it's HD and I want to watch on my computer.

Los Broncos
09-11-2010, 03:26 PM
So is channel 707 in HD?

Los Broncos
09-11-2010, 10:20 PM
That player tracker thing is cool, filled up both slots got two teams going.

It's so much better just to stay home and watch it with all these features.

TomServo
09-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Dishnetwork has that slingtv thing where you can watch anything your tv gets on a pc. anywhere. i dont have to mess with it so i dont but some people might want to look into it.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-12-2010, 04:45 AM
I just masturbated to the iPad app.

Dendave
09-21-2010, 10:13 AM
A little help, I got NFL ticket for the first time this year. Here is my question. I need to work Sunday afternoon, I want to DVR the game, no problem so far, where my problem arises is the Denver game is the game they are showing on TV in my market, however there is a 1:00P game also, which 9 times out of 10 runs late, so if I want to see the whole game do they show the start of the game on the DTV ticket channel and if so when the other game ends and they switch to the Denver game on National TV will I lose my signal on the DTV channel...so what I am asking, do I need to DVR both channels?

bronco militia
09-21-2010, 10:20 AM
if you can, skip the ticket and get the Redzone channel...

bfoflcommish
09-21-2010, 10:36 AM
I just masturbated to the iPad app.

had to run an errand on sunday for a few mintes, watched the games on my iphone while the wife got what she needed...awesome!

if you can, skip the ticket and get the Redzone channel...

please....red zone is like driving a miata and comparing to a porsche (sunday ticket). sure it may work for you but to say its better and advertise it that way, NO WAY!

I watched what redzone channel really is and its awful! its part of sunday ticket and that channel never even gets used for me. its either the game mix channel or a couple specfic games. screw being at mercy of what redzone wants you to see

Dendave
09-21-2010, 02:46 PM
A little help, I got NFL ticket for the first time this year. Here is my question. I need to work Sunday afternoon, I want to DVR the game, no problem so far, where my problem arises is the Denver game is the game they are showing on TV in my market, however there is a 1:00P game also, which 9 times out of 10 runs late, so if I want to see the whole game do they show the start of the game on the DTV ticket channel and if so when the other game ends and they switch to the Denver game on National TV will I lose my signal on the DTV channel...so what I am asking, do I need to DVR both channels?

don't want it to get lost, bump

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-21-2010, 02:56 PM
By the way, has anyone seen the Cop-Tase-FFL DirecTV commercial? If so, check out the guy's lineup through the window at the beginning of the commercial. He has Tom Brandstater as his backup. That dude totally blows at fantasy football.

Abqbronco
09-21-2010, 02:56 PM

I don't have the Ticket anymore so I might be wrong but if I remember correctly it only shows up on the local channel. CBS shows all of the Denver games here and I seem to remember this being an irritating feature of the Ticket. That was my only complaint except for the continual increase in price. I miss the Ticket...

worm
09-21-2010, 02:57 PM

AFAIK, if the Denver game is shown on your local, out-of-market channel...it will NOT ever be available on the DTV channel. This is regardless of the morning game running over into the allotted slot for the Denver game.

I live in a different market and was burnt by this scenario two years ago. Things might have changed since then...but I doubt it.

If you have the space on your DVR....better to be safe than sorry...but don't get your hopes up.

Smilin Assassin
09-21-2010, 02:57 PM

If the game is televised in your region locally, it won't be on a sunday ticket channel (ie; 713/714/715 etc) regardless of whether or not the 1pm game runs late on your regional channel.

Dendave
09-21-2010, 03:01 PM
If the game is televised in your region locally, it won't be on a sunday ticket channel (ie; 713/714/715 etc) regardless of whether or not the 1pm game runs late on your regional channel.

dang, not what I wanted to hear

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
09-21-2010, 03:16 PM
thank god i live in colorado and i only watch 1 nfl team

bfoflcommish
09-21-2010, 03:22 PM
thank god i live in colorado and i only watch 1 nfl team

true I mean it does get old watching more than 1 football game every sunday. /sarcasm

so does that mean you dont watch playoffs or super bowl either unless it involves broncos?

SoDak Bronco
04-20-2012, 03:23 PM
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfl?footernavtype=-1&lpos=header

New Pricing Available, so I decided to call in. I ended up getting the Sunday Ticket Max for 4 payments of 15 dollars!!! SCORE!!!

Doggcow
04-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Just go with Comcast... You can get redzone for $8/month, way cheaper, and better.

Redzone is the only channel worth watching when the broncos game isn't on.

JCMElway
04-20-2012, 09:23 PM
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfl?footernavtype=-1&lpos=header

New Pricing Available, so I decided to call in. I ended up getting the Sunday Ticket Max for 4 payments of 15 dollars!!! SCORE!!!

Did you haggle with them? Is comcast getting Sunday Ticket?

SoDak Bronco
04-20-2012, 09:50 PM
So, I called in, and when prompted said I was calling about the. NFL Sunday Ticket, and I talked to the first person, she transferred and I told them I didn't want the full price on the website. I wanted the renewal price, and I told him that I never pay full price. He offered it then for 4 payments of 25, and I asked if he could do anything else, and he dropped it to 4 payments of 15 for a total of 60. That is all the ga,es, red zone and iPad games.

Dendave
04-21-2012, 06:28 AM
So, I called in, and when prompted said I was calling about the. NFL Sunday Ticket, and I talked to the first person, she transferred and I told them I didn't want the full price on the website. I wanted the renewal price, and I told him that I never pay full price. He offered it then for 4 payments of 25, and I asked if he could do anything else, and he dropped it to 4 payments of 15 for a total of 60. That is all the ga,es, red zone and iPad games.

Just called got the same deal

LRtagger
04-21-2012, 08:07 AM
I am on the phone now and they are NOT offering that deal. Transferring to retention now.

LRtagger
04-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Retention didnt offer me anything either. They told me to call back closer to the season.

Dendave
04-21-2012, 11:44 AM
I am on the phone now and they are NOT offering that deal. Transferring to retention now.

don't know what to tell you, I saw the post here, I went to their website and saw they had their pricing out, I called and said I see you have come out with your pricing for this year. I just talked to a friend who called last night and said he got a deal for $60, $15 a month, I was wondering if I could get the same thing. The lady said sure, took my info, put me on hold, came back a couple of minutes later and said I was all set, asked her to tell me what I was getting, she said I have NFL Ticket Max, 4 payments of $15.

LRtagger
04-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Thats exactly what I did. She said she could ADD the max package to the existing Sunday Ticket for $60 instead of the normal $100....making it $260 total instead of $300. Are you sure that is not what you got?

Dendave
04-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Thats exactly what I did. She said she could ADD the max package to the existing Sunday Ticket for $60 instead of the normal $100....making it $260 total instead of $300. Are you sure that is not what you got?

yeah on my direct tv account page it is now says a I have a balance of $15 and when I review my sports packages it says

NFL Sunday Ticket MAX $15.00 /mo. for 4 months

I assume it's the NFL Sunday Max that is on their website that states "Every Sunday game on your TV and on the go" which is normally 5 payments of $59.99

If not I will figure it out and complain later

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2012, 03:08 PM
They're lying to you or you're misunderstanding. There's no way you're getting a $300 package for $60. No way.

SoDak Bronco
04-21-2012, 10:14 PM
They're lying to you or you're misunderstanding. There's no way you're getting a $300 package for $60. No way.

Haha okay I made it up, you got me!

SoDak Bronco
04-21-2012, 10:15 PM

Haha okay I made it up, you got me! :wave:

houghtam
04-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Haha okay I made it up, you got me! :wave:

It will be interesting to see what happens come this fall when they normally send out the bills for the Sunday Ticket package.

Please, keep us informed.

Smilin Assassin
04-22-2012, 06:40 AM
It will be interesting to see what happens come this fall when they normally send out the bills for the Sunday Ticket package.

Definately. Even when they first came out w/Sunday Ticket, it was $99 back in '94.

I just don't see their logic in going so low now.

Beantown Bronco
04-22-2012, 06:55 AM
Haha okay I made it up, you got me!

Was my post that hard to comprehend? Seriously. I just posted THE EXACT OPPOSITE statement.

Beantown Bronco
04-22-2012, 06:57 AM
They JUST came out with this statement. Pretty much proves the misunderstanding.

http://gmenhq.com/2012/04/21/directv-lowers-price-for-nfl-sunday-ticket/

LetsGoBroncos
04-22-2012, 12:14 PM
I just called and after being directed to 3 separate people got Sunday Ticket Max for1 payment of $100

houghtam
04-22-2012, 12:22 PM
I just called and after being directed to 3 separate people got Sunday Ticket Max for1 payment of $100

Which is the going rate.

Looks like some of the people in this thread are going to be a little upset come billing time.

LetsGoBroncos
04-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Which is the going rate.

Looks like some of the people in this thread are going to be a little upset come billing time.

No, it's $300. I am being billed $300 for it and they are giving me a $200 credit

houghtam
04-22-2012, 12:45 PM
No, it's $300. I am being billed $300 for it and they are giving me a $200 credit

No, the going rate for Sunday Ticket Max (it's an add-on) is $100. The going rate for Sunday Ticket (the main program) has been dropped from $300 to $200. The total for Sunday Ticket and Sunday Ticket Max is $300. You may have gotten a different rate (although I'd call back and get it in writing just to be sure), but the going rate for Sunday Ticket and Sunday Ticket Max is now $300, as Beantown linked.

LetsGoBroncos
04-22-2012, 12:48 PM
No, the going rate for Sunday Ticket Max (it's an add-on) is $100. The going rate for Sunday Ticket (the main program) has been dropped from $300 to $200. The total for Sunday Ticket and Sunday Ticket Max is $300. You may have gotten a different rate (although I'd call back and get it in writing just to be sure), but the going rate for Sunday Ticket and Sunday Ticket Max is now $300, as Beantown linked.

Correct, and they are billing me the full $300 and giving me a $200 credit so when all is said and done I paid $100 for Sunday Ticket Max

LetsGoBroncos
04-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Correct, and they are billing me the full $300 and giving me a $200 credit so when all is said and done I paid $100 for Sunday Ticket Max

See attached

houghtam
04-22-2012, 01:18 PM
See attached

Nice. Keep us posted if they do any funny business.

LetsGoBroncos
04-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Nice. Keep us posted if they do any funny business.

They don't. I did the same thing last year

CSU Husker
04-22-2012, 01:51 PM
They don't. I did the same thing last year

Just out of curiosity, what kind of deal did you get last year?

I got it free last year, and would renew for the $100 deal, but probly not for anything more than that. I wonder if they will be more stingy with me since I paid nothing last year.

LetsGoBroncos
04-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Just out of curiosity, what kind of deal did you get last year?

I got it free last year, and would renew for the $100 deal, but probly not for anything more than that. I wonder if they will be more stingy with me since I paid nothing last year.

I killed them last year. They charged me for Sunday ticket ($340 i think) but gave me a credit of $300. Then I called a couple weeks later and got another $120 worth of credits.

houghtam
04-22-2012, 02:09 PM
I killed them last year. They charged me for Sunday ticket ($340 i think) but gave me a credit of $300. Then I called a couple weeks later and got another $120 worth of credits.

LOL Nice. Gotta love customer service people who think customer service is giving someone free stuff.

People that tried that stuff on me always went home sorely disappointed.

SoDak Bronco
04-22-2012, 02:57 PM

I called back in, it was just for the add-on, nfl max, the dumb ass guy def. told me different. I tried unsuccessfully to get it for 100 total. I will call back in and get some sucker to hook me up. The way I initially was told I was getting the whole thing for 60, but that is not the case.

SoDak Bronco
04-22-2012, 03:00 PM

Last year I did get the ticket for basically 0 dollars after all the credits and such, I thinking made money when it was all said and done. But you were right, the guy pulled a fast one on me.

jhat01
04-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Last year I did get the ticket for basically 0 dollars after all the credits and such, I thinking made money when it was all said and done. But you were right, the guy pulled a fast one on me.

Dang..we're moving to Rapid City and I was hoping we'd get the bronco games locally. Oh well, I've had the ticket for years anyway

SoDak Bronco
04-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Dang..we're moving to Rapid City and I was hoping we'd get the bronco games locally. Oh well, I've had the ticket for years anyway

West River you probably don't need the ticket. You will get most all the CBS games.

jhat01
04-22-2012, 07:11 PM
West River you probably don't need the ticket. You will get most all the CBS games.

Cool.thanks for the info

Beantown Bronco
04-23-2012, 07:23 AM
I cancelled Sunday Ticket during last year's lockout as a way of protesting the league. Looks like I'll be able to hold out again this year without any real pain. As far as I can tell, unless the Broncos really suck, I'm going to be able to see all but maybe 3 or 4 Broncos games this year on regular tv and probably every one until maybe mid November.

maher_tyler
04-26-2012, 06:31 PM

I used to be stationed at Ellsworth and my dad lives there. Games are local..same with the Vikings. You won't need Sunday ticket.

By local i mean you won't get the local Denver feed but the Broncos are always in the viewing area. I never missed a game and never had Sunday Ticket.

Also, for those who are planning on getting the ticket...they are offering it for $199. Just saw the commercial.

coachmastermind
04-26-2012, 10:00 PM

I live in SD, you're in a different market West River and will get all the Broncos CBS Games. However, the two games a year we play when NFC team comes to Denver that are aired on FOX- if they go head to head with a Vikings game on FOX, you are in the Vikings market for FOX, and their game would be aired. Without looking the schedules the likelyhood of that is very low, as the Vikings normally play in the early afternoon slot.

Broncos4Life
04-26-2012, 11:02 PM
I work in the cable industry. NFL/Sunday Ticket is the main reason anyone went Direct TV. That is their main draw. A lot of people aren't getting the discount again. Kudos to those that are able to manipulate and work the game to their advantage. A lot of people don't understand it or believe in it.

With what you can do with high speed internet these days verses the cost of NFL/ST, plus the economy, getting people to come back to a cable/HSI package VS satellite/dsl package isn't very hard....

The only reason I even went to watch 2 Broncos games at bar like BWW or Hooters was to eat some good wings and drink a few cold ones. I was only able to watch maybe 5 televised Broncos games at home. The rest I watched over the net.

Chris
04-26-2012, 11:04 PM
I used to be stationed at Ellsworth and my dad lives there. Games are local..same with the Vikings. You won't need Sunday ticket.

By local i mean you won't get the local Denver feed but the Broncos are always in the viewing area. I never missed a game and never had Sunday Ticket.

Also, for those who are planning on getting the ticket...they are offering it for $199. Just saw the commercial.

Does the 199 include the PS3 version?

Doggcow
04-26-2012, 11:05 PM
I work in the cable industry. NFL/Sunday Ticket is the main reason anyone went Direct TV. That is their main draw. A lot of people aren't getting the discount again. Kudos to those that are able to manipulate and work the game to their advantage. A lot of people don't understand it or believe in it.

With what you can do with high speed internet these days verses the cost of NFL/ST, plus the economy, getting people to come back to a cable/HSI package VS satellite/dsl package isn't very hard....

The only reason I even went to watch 2 Broncos games at bar like BWW or Hooters was to eat some good wings and drink a few cold ones. I was only able to watch maybe 5 televised Broncos games at home. The rest I watched over the net.

Plus with Comcast you still get Redzone for $7/month... WAY AFFORDABLE.

Really it's the only thing worth watching on Sundays other than the Denver game. Take the money you save to the bar on games that aren't primetime.

maher_tyler
04-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Does the 199 include the PS3 version?

Didn't say but I'm assuming so. I'm sure they noticed people were calling and trying to get it cheaper. Im sure people were dropping DTV all together because all they have it for was the Ticket. It got to expensive. $199 is about what I got it for last season with the discounts they gave me.

Going to wait to see how many prime time games we have before I get it. If half our games are prime time I won't get it. Just catch the other games at a bar somewhere.

55CrushEm
04-27-2012, 08:32 AM
I cancelled Sunday Ticket during last year's lockout as a way of protesting the league. Looks like I'll be able to hold out again this year without any real pain. As far as I can tell, unless the Broncos really suck, I'm going to be able to see all but maybe 3 or 4 Broncos games this year on regular tv and probably every one until maybe mid November.

That's what I'm thinking too. After 10 years.....I'm gonna cancel the Ticket this year.....me thinks.

Smilin Assassin
05-01-2012, 11:39 AM
So now that we know there's a new base price, did anyone get it for cheaper than the $199 this year?

Tyrel Jones
05-01-2012, 12:33 PM
100 Bucks with nego.

Baba Booey
05-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Sunday Ticket has been a staple in my house since they first started it, seeing as my old man is a Vikings fan.

Now with the iPhone app they have, it's just ridiculous. I might buy an iPad between the Sunday Ticket app, Netflix app, and the HBOGo app.

CSU Husker
05-01-2012, 12:44 PM
So far I've called twice, and no movement on price from them. Not looking good, but I'm not giving up yet.

LetsGoBroncos
05-01-2012, 12:53 PM
So far I've called twice, and no movement on price from them. Not looking good, but I'm not giving up yet.

Couple of tips...I've had major success 3 years in a row.

Call the person by their first name, make friends with them. Ask where they live and how the weather is. You may eventually have to get to the retention department to get anywhere but when you do tell them you are thinking of ways to cut costs in your budget and the first one you noticed is to go from Directv to Cable who you already have internet through. This makes them scared you will actually do it since you have a relationship with the cable company anyway. Then tell them the one thing keeping you with Directv is Sunday Ticket and if you can get that for a very discounted rate you will stay with them over Cable.

Rabb
05-01-2012, 12:59 PM
I am moving next month and just realized, I think I get this free for the year since I am new...booya. Although, half of the year, I am at the stadium anyhow.

Ray Finkle
05-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Got the Max for 199 then 10 off a month for 12 months = NFL Max ticket for $79....

LetsGoBroncos
05-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Got the Max for 199 then 10 off a month for 12 months = NFL Max ticket for $79....

Nice! That's usually what they do...credit you X amount per month for a year

Ray Finkle
05-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Nice! That's usually what they do...credit you X amount per month for a year

Exactly, be polite and square a fair deal, then ask about loyalty rewards.

orangeandblue
06-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Direct TV NFL Sunday Ticket Promos- 1-888-892-3857 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMEnNpQbC1Y)

Smilin Assassin
06-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Just called and said "neighbor' told me he got a loyalty-credit and was only paying $100 for the season.

I said I've been a Directv customer since '95 and asked if I was eligible. After looking at my account and talking to 3 reps, I got the package for FREE.

I believe it's just the standard package, not Sunday Ticket MAX, but it's all I ever had/wanted. Only hitch (if you can call it that) is that I had to agree not to cancel Directv in the next 12 months.

Calling and asking DOES pay off.

Good luck to all, and thank you for all the suggestions on this thread.

SoDak Bronco
06-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Got the NFL Sunday Ticket w/NFL MAX for $147, and I plan on working the get 10 off for 6 months angle once the season gets closer.

maher_tyler
06-25-2012, 12:04 PM
I might call...already called and bitched about my overall bill being "to high". I'm not sure what else they could possibly do for me considering i already have free HD and some other discounts going on...

What exactly did you say in order to get it free?? My god :giggle:

Doggcow
06-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Once again. Just go with Comcast. Get Sports Package for $8/month, pay ~$40 for a whole football season on Redzone.

No other channels matter during football Season aside from the Broncos games, which we're on Primetime all year anyway so we're set as a fanbase.

bfoflcommish
06-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Once again. Just go with Comcast. Get Sports Package for $8/month, pay ~$40 for a whole football season on Redzone.

No other channels matter during football Season aside from the Broncos games, which we're on Primetime all year anyway so we're set as a fanbase.

im sorry but redzone is not even in the same ballpark as sunday ticket. Sunday ticket also has the redzone channel as part of it and it blows! My friend tried telling me its the same (or even better) I told him to come over as we watched 8 games on 1 screen...he never said another word about redzone.

ludo21
06-25-2012, 01:56 PM
if i could afford cable/ satellite i would get dtv and ticket. that would be awesome.

oh well, free online works for me

maher_tyler
06-25-2012, 03:04 PM

If i were in the local area of Broncos games, i'd never get the ticket...i'm glad they have two different options for it...only time i really watched Red Zone is when i was waiting for the Broncos game to start. Not really my cup of tea. Happy they have an option not to get it for cheaper...

Anikai
06-25-2012, 09:39 PM
I wish they would give the option to order individual games. Last year I had the Ticket and I really didnt even need it except for maybe 2 games..The Seattle market was loving the Broncos last season, and this year it looks like it will probably be the same.

DenverBroncosJM
06-26-2012, 06:16 AM

There is a huge difference between Red Zone and the ticket. At 8.00 a month and 40.00 for the season you save a whopping 120.00 over having the ticket.

Ray Finkle
06-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Got the NFL Sunday Ticket w/NFL MAX for $147, and I plan on working the get 10 off for 6 months angle once the season gets closer.

ask for 12 for 10 instead.....it's their lingo for $10 off a month for the year.

Crushisback
06-26-2012, 07:41 AM
I've said it before in this thread. The best way to get the ticket and more is to go straight to the retention department. These reps have way more goodies to give out than a standard customer service rep. Here's a few tips.

1. Say "cancel" or "retention at the first prompt. No on hold time this way.
2. Tell the rep you can no longer afford the service for whatever awesome reason you can make up.
3. Tell them the only reason you have DTV is for the ticket. This will get them focused on discounting your ticket.
4. If you don't like like the offer tell them thanks but you probably cant afford that either.
5. If you don't like the next offer just mute your phone and wait for them to disconnect the call.
6. Call back pissed off that they just hung up on you and see what they offer.
7. Repeat 5 and 6 as needed.

This will be my fifth year doing this and I have always got a great discount some better than others (got my dad $850 in credits over 18 months last year).

LetsGoBroncos
06-26-2012, 08:12 AM
I've said it before in this thread. The best way to get the ticket and more is to go straight to the retention department. These reps have way more goodies to give out than a standard customer service rep. Here's a few tips.

2. Tell the rep you can no longer afford the service for whatever awesome reason you can make up.
3. Tell them the only reason you have DTV is for the ticket. This will get them focused on discounting your ticket.
4. If you don't like like the offer tell them thanks but you probably cant afford that either.
5. If you don't like the next offer just mute your phone and wait for them to disconnect the call.

This will be my fifth year doing this and I have always got a great discount some better than others (got my dad $850 in credits over 18 months last year).

Bingo, this has worked for me 4 years in a row. One thing I would add is to tell them you will switch to cable WHO YOU ALREADY HAVE INTERNET WITH. This scares them cause you already have a relationship with the cable company

Ambiguous
06-26-2012, 09:33 AM
I work for directv, and if any of you are new customers I can get you a discounted package that includes free Sunday ticket. Pm for details.

StugotsIII
06-26-2012, 09:42 AM
What is the deal with the PS3 NFL ticket? Anyone have it?

maher_tyler
06-26-2012, 09:49 AM
What is the deal with the PS3 NFL ticket? Anyone have it?

I think there were a few on here that had it last year that said it was kinda ****ty.

Crushisback, i might have to look into that. Do they keep note of other times you've called about lowering your bill etc. I just did that like 2 months ago...

orangemonkey
06-26-2012, 12:26 PM

Hadn't called DTV in over a year and this thread/specific post motivated me to call them again. Thanks! First off, they are offering new customers a killer deal right now including free NFL Ticket and over $40 per month less than I do for the Premier (best) package. I've been a Directv customer for 13 years and NFL ticket for the life of the program so that pisses me off. After 3 operators and finally asking to speak the the "Cancellations" department, here is what I negotiated.

-$99 per month for Premier for 12 months (20 less than I was paying before)
-Free NFL Ticket for 1 year (she originally offered 50% off or $147 per year)
-Two free HD-DVR box upgrades ($199 x 2 value)
-Only 2 of 4 DVR boxes are charged monthly rental fee.
-Free HD each month with auto pay setup
-Added Home Cinema feature and newer multi-switch for $50 one-time charge (originally $100)

Pretty damn good deal I think considering what they are currently offering new users. Love this thread.

Doggcow
06-26-2012, 12:33 PM
im sorry but redzone is not even in the same ballpark as sunday ticket. Sunday ticket also has the redzone channel as part of it and it blows! My friend tried telling me its the same (or even better) I told him to come over as we watched 8 games on 1 screen...he never said another word about redzone.

Except that none of the other games matter, so you may as well just watch the highlight reel.

Redzone is cheap, and gets you everything important. Plus you get to watch all the close games since they just stay on them.

Take the hundreds you save to the bar for the 2 or 3 games a year that aren't nationally televised lol.

maher_tyler
06-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Hadn't called DTV in over a year and this thread/specific post motivated me to call them again. Thanks! First off, they are offering new customers a killer deal right now including free NFL Ticket and over $40 per month less than I do for the Premier (best) package. I've been a Directv customer for 13 years and NFL ticket for the life of the program so that pisses me off. After 3 operators and finally asking to speak the the "Cancellations" department, here is what I negotiated.

-$99 per month for Premier for 12 months (20 less than I was paying before)
-Free NFL Ticket for 1 year (she originally offered 50% off or $147 per year)
-Two free HD-DVR box upgrades ($199 x 2 value)
-Only 2 of 4 DVR boxes are charged monthly rental fee.
-Free HD each month with auto pay setup
-Added Home Cinema feature and newer multi-switch for $50 one-time charge (originally $100)

Pretty damn good deal I think considering what they are currently offering new users. Love this thread.

They always offer the Ticket to new customers for free...

SportinOne
06-26-2012, 01:04 PM
if i could afford cable/ satellite i would get dtv and ticket. that would be awesome.

oh well, free online works for me

Last time i tried streaming online the quality wasn't very good. Any sites i should know about?

bfoflcommish
06-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Except that none of the other games matter, so you may as well just watch the highlight reel.

Redzone is cheap, and gets you everything important. Plus you get to watch all the close games since they just stay on them.

Take the hundreds you save to the bar for the 2 or 3 games a year that aren't nationally televised lol.

eh. Sundays are pretty big at my house, game after game all day when not at Sports Authority field. So to each his own I suppose.

Not to mention better beer at my house than bar, for cheaper than bar prices. with better company

Crushisback
06-26-2012, 02:51 PM
I think there were a few on here that had it last year that said it was kinda ****ty.

Crushisback, i might have to look into that. Do they keep note of other times you've called about lowering your bill etc. I just did that like 2 months ago...

If you have active credits on your account they will often say they can't do anything until they expire. They can/will however discount your sunday ticket. You have to remind them that the ticket is the only reason you have the ticket and you can't afford it.

bfoflcommish
07-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Just scored my best deal ever (granted it was an hour long call of polite chitchat while she "checked available deals"). ive been a directv premier siince day 1 of my account (well over 10 years now).

She got me $20 off for 12 months of my premier package
another $20 off for 6 months for a movie channel discount
a free wirless ondemand box

and FREE SundayTicket MAX.

All I had to do was commit to the premier package for 12 months which is easy because like I said ive already had for well over 10 years.

JLesSPE
07-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Just scored my best deal ever (granted it was an hour long call of polite chitchat while she "checked available deals"). ive been a directv premier siince day 1 of my account (well over 10 years now).

She got me $20 off for 12 months of my premier package
another $20 off for 6 months for a movie channel discount
a free wirless ondemand box

and FREE SundayTicket MAX.

All I had to do was commit to the premier package for 12 months which is easy because like I said ive already had for well over 10 years.

That's it, I'm calling today. I've been a premier subscriber for 6 years now. I'm just going to ask them what current available deals they have and then tell them my "neighbor" got the deal you just described.

bfoflcommish
07-02-2012, 12:38 PM
That's it, I'm calling today. I've been a premier subscriber for 6 years now. I'm just going to ask them what current available deals they have and then tell them my "neighbor" got the deal you just described.

i just called in asking how i can lower my bill, the girl went over and then i mentioned i still like sunday ticket though, so she transfered me to (in her words) someone who can help with sunday ticket offers.

polite chit chat to start, she looked at my account said iver been super loyal etc...asked what I needed. I told her premier is getting pricy so I want to see about lowering my bill but I also want to keep sunday ticket if at all possible. She pushed some buttons (in her words) and told me available premier deals which was the $20 of for 12 mtnhs and 1.2 half for 6 months of movie channels. then she asked about sunday ticket, I said I only need basic as I dont like red zone, only thing on max i would need is ihpone access. she came back with the offer of free basic as long as i Committ to 12 months of premier package. and she gave red zone channel for free. I said thank you I dont eeven need red zone. she says hold on, few minutes later comes back and says well max i can get you for 4 month of 25 but i think I got a button pushed to make it zero....well ok sold! then she asked if I have been using directv everywhere since i have an iphone i said not yet but i use hbo2go and dtv app to set dvr's..she said well since you use technology let me send yo u a free ondemand router since I see yo u are not on that yet....ok double sold!!

Like i said it was almost an hour and alot of chit friendly chit chat, but i think that was well worth my lunch hour phone call

JLesSPE
07-02-2012, 01:05 PM
i just called in asking how i can lower my bill, the girl went over and then i mentioned i still like sunday ticket though, so she transfered me to (in her words) someone who can help with sunday ticket offers.

polite chit chat to start, she looked at my account said iver been super loyal etc...asked what I needed. I told her premier is getting pricy so I want to see about lowering my bill but I also want to keep sunday ticket if at all possible. She pushed some buttons (in her words) and told me available premier deals which was the $20 of for 12 mtnhs and 1.2 half for 6 months of movie channels. then she asked about sunday ticket, I said I only need basic as I dont like red zone, only thing on max i would need is ihpone access. she came back with the offer of free basic as long as i Committ to 12 months of premier package. and she gave red zone channel for free. I said thank you I dont eeven need red zone. she says hold on, few minutes later comes back and says well max i can get you for 4 month of 25 but i think I got a button pushed to make it zero....well ok sold! then she asked if I have been using directv everywhere since i have an iphone i said not yet but i use hbo2go and dtv app to set dvr's..she said well since you use technology let me send yo u a free ondemand router since I see yo u are not on that yet....ok double sold!!

Like i said it was almost an hour and alot of chit friendly chit chat, but i think that was well worth my lunch hour phone call

I'll give that a shot, thanks! Hopefully I get someone that's easy to be nice to. Generally their customer service reps are pretty personable.