PDA

View Full Version : Directv NFL Sunday Ticket

Pages : 1 [2]

maher_tyler
07-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm moving from off base to on base so they are giving it to me for free. I'm also getting whole home DVR installed for free, a new DVR HD reciever and all the movie channels free for 3 months. She was going to just give me an extra DVR box but i said i wanted whole home DVR and then after that asked for the Ticket for free and she gave it to me no hassle.

BroncosSR
07-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm going to give it a try but I don't anticipate getting much. I freeze my account from the day after the football season until August (going on my 5th year) so I'm sure that doesn't factor well into getting loyalty credits.

broncosteven
07-02-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm going to give it a try but I don't anticipate getting much. I freeze my account from the day after the football season until August (going on my 5th year) so I'm sure that doesn't factor well into getting loyalty credits.

It worked for me about a year and a half ago. I got half the Ticket for free, and upgraded to a new HD dish and box.

I don't get anything other than the Sunday Ticket via Direct TV but when I got pissed at mCd and wanted to cancel the ticket they stepped up with the above.

If I get bored I just might threaten to cancel again and see if I can't get a discount this year and a DVR.

cousinal11
07-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Called and threatened to leave to bundle with the local cable company, only reason I signed up for dtv was ticket which is too expensive now, etc and was told I had already been given the ticket for free this year which would be shown on my next statement. Something about some loyal customers being given that this year?

illbroncsfn
07-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Did the whole "can't afford it bit"- got the Ticket for 1 payment of $99.

Dendave
07-12-2012, 10:14 AM
If anyone cares, I just called about the Viacom thing and asked if I was getting a dicount and I got a $30 credit for the next 3 months, so with only having to pay $100 for the NFL ticket this year, now with the $90 credit, I guess I am getting it for only $10

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-12-2012, 10:21 AM
You probably can get it cheap now that they want to bribe their customers from leaving because they keep ditching channels

SouthStndJunkie
07-12-2012, 10:28 AM
You probably can get it cheap now that they want to bribe their customers from leaving because they keep ditching channels

I called and got a decent discount for the NFL Sunday Ticket Max package and also $10 off a month for HD, but I may be calling back for some more money off my bill if they don't get those channels back on soon.

My 3 year old daughter was not please to see Nick Jr. not available last night.

I think Dora the Explorer sprinkles crack on little kids through the tv.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
I called and got a decent discount for the NFL Sunday Ticket Max package and also $10 off a month for HD, but I may be calling back for some more money off my bill if they don't get those channels back on soon.

My 3 year old daughter was not please to see Nick Jr. not available last night.

I think Dora the Explorer sprinkles crack on little kids through the tv.

Ya the discount can only help for so long when parents have to keep explaining to their kids why they can't watch Dora the Explorer.

BroncoBen
07-12-2012, 11:21 AM
It helps when you talk about 'leaving' to Cable or DISH if you are out from under any 2yr contract. If you have that contract they tend to not want to work with you since they have you by the Gonads.

Beantown Bronco
07-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Ya the discount can only help for so long when parents have to keep explaining to their kids why they can't watch Dora the Explorer.

netflix streaming is your friend

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-12-2012, 11:27 AM

And yet is the reason why these 2 companies are in dispute. People are flocking to free tv.

Arobmic
07-15-2012, 10:41 PM
I just got the Ticket for free, plus $25 instant credit, plus $10 off per month for 12 months. Had to sign a 1 yr contract, but that's fine, cause I can renegotiate again in a year.

I brought up the viacom situation, and the fact that I wouldn't have DTV if it weren't for getting the Sunday ticket - and that I can get Redzone from Dish for very cheap.

theAPAOps5
07-15-2012, 10:51 PM

This, it saved sanity when my wife had to suddenly work from home one day. Normally she is at preschool but had to stay home with mom that day.

Wes Mantooth
07-16-2012, 05:50 AM
got mine discounted, but not at the same level. Ticet 50% off (max ticket package), $10 for 3 months, strz for 3 months and showtime for 6. Also free dvr.

Learned that discount is based on time with directv plus a rolling credit system. More credits, more leverage.

maher_tyler
07-16-2012, 07:38 AM
If you have the steel stand for your dish and are moving, keep it! They charge $65 for it. Didn't know this cause I wasn't charged for it when I moved into my apartment. So I threw it away. Turns out, they charge $65 for them. Unless you want to fork over the cash each time you move, keep the old one!

broncobum6162
08-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Bastages, wouldn't come down below $159 for me so I cancelled. I got it for $69 dollars last year. With me going to 2 games and all the times they will be on National TV or locally televised, I'm not gonna pay it or have NFL Sunday Ticket for the first time ever since Direct TV started it...._i_O_i_

Meck77
08-26-2012, 06:33 AM
Called. Selected cancellation. Negotiated ticket for free! Didn't realize they had the NFL max would have tried for that had I known! They even lowered my total monthly bill. Been with the bastards a long time though.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-26-2012, 08:35 AM
I thought we were going to cancel but the wife surprised me by calling and negotiating this down herself. Props. Now I don't have to divorce her!

R8R H8R
08-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Just got off the phone w/ Directv and didn't get as good as a deal as some on this thread(i.e.- 1 time pmt. of $99), but I got what I thought was fair. I may have made a mistake by negotiating the $10 a month credit off my general bill first. I probably lose leverage by being tied to them for 24 more months. Oh well, I'm happy to get the discount anyway. This was applied by the regular cust. srvc person. She said she couldn't do anything about NFL Ticket.

I thought I was being transferred to the retention dept., but i was transferred to the NFL dept. I think this is new. Anyway, he said he couldn't do any better than $34.99 x 5($175). I didn't think it was enough, so i had him cancel it. He did, but never transferred me to the retention dept. so I called back and specifically asked for the retention dept. I went back and forth, but eventually got them down to $155 / 5 plus Red Zone.

I am happy with this, but I shouldn't have to haggle so much as i have been with them for about 13 years.

LRtagger
08-27-2012, 01:35 PM
I got the $175 offer, too but I had them remove red zone channel and they were able to knock it down to 4 payments of $24.99...so $100 total w/o red zone. And I already have a bunch of bill credits and free channels from calling to bitch about the Nickelodeon **** up

R8R H8R
08-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I got the $175 offer, too but I had them remove red zone channel and they were able to knock it down to 4 payments of $24.99...so $100 total w/o red zone. And I already have a bunch of bill credits and free channels from calling to b**** about the Nickelodeon **** up

When did you do this? They told me that some people got better discounts that called in July for the Early Renewal offer. I told them I would have but I didn't get my Early Renewal offer until the Aug. statement(true). They couldn't explain that. I got the Red Zone thrown in, not intitially offered.

Anyway, good for you, that is a good deal.

spdirty
08-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Just got directv installed yesterday. Getting Sunday Ticket for free. Pretty frickin nice.

LRtagger
08-27-2012, 07:09 PM
When did you do this? They told me that some people got better discounts that called in July for the Early Renewal offer. I told them I would have but I didn't get my Early Renewal offer until the Aug. statement(true). They couldn't explain that. I got the Red Zone thrown in, not intitially offered.

Anyway, good for you, that is a good deal.

Just a couple days ago...I think it was Friday. If you dont get the deal you want, keep calling back until you get the right person. That was my 3rd call back until I finally got a good deal.

I actually called back in June and they told me to wait until right before the season started to call back.

Ambiguous
08-27-2012, 07:13 PM
I posted this before but I work for directv and can get any new customer sunday ticket for free plus monthly discounts, free installation, etc. PM me and I will send you a referral.

maher_tyler
08-27-2012, 08:45 PM
I posted this before but I work for directv and can get any new customer sunday ticket for free plus monthly discounts, free installation, etc. PM me and I will send you a referral.

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yMQhXc1dHIQ" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Seriously though, hopefully you still work with them next year this time...i'll have to take you up on this offer...thanks!

Edit: Seems like for the past 3 years now, they have given new customers the Ticket for free??

Smilin Assassin
04-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Usually get some kind of email now w/what DirecTV is charging for Sunday Ticket. Anyone know what they're doing this year?

NFLBRONCO
04-13-2013, 11:33 AM
I've had dtv since 95 I think its bs new customers get it free. Screw long time subs excellent way to do business.

maher_tyler
04-13-2013, 01:05 PM
I've had dtv since 95 I think its bs new customers get it free. Screw long time subs excellent way to do business.

You need to read this thread. You need to complain about new customers getting it for free. Re-enforce you've been with them for almost 20 years etc. they'll cut you a deal. I'll be deployed for most of the season so I won't be getting the ticket this year.

Smilin Assassin
04-13-2013, 01:23 PM

Same. Have had it since '95 and tell them that every year. Usually I get it at the price they are offering it to new customers. (Last yr was free).

This year, there is talk DirecTV may let their exclusive rights to the NFL Ticket run out (in 2015), so I was curious what their plan of action was in the meantime. ie; Are they still offering discounts, knowing they pretty much have gotten most would-be cable customers who are only switching for the Ticket, OR are they just going to set a price and see who stays on?

Ya can't beat free, but I'll be damned if I'll pay more than I ever have this year for it. Hell, if last year wasn't free, it would 'almost' have been a waste w/all the primetime & nationally televised Broncos games. ( I know the Sunday Ticket and Redzone etc off more than just seeing out of city teams, but that's the only reason I have it).

broncobum6162
04-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Same. Have had it since '95 and tell them that every year. Usually I get it at the price they are offering it to new customers. (Last yr was free).

This year, there is talk DirecTV may let their exclusive rights to the NFL Ticket run out (in 2015), so I was curious what their plan of action was in the meantime. ie; Are they still offering discounts, knowing they pretty much have gotten most would-be cable customers who are only switching for the Ticket, OR are they just going to set a price and see who stays on?

Ya can't beat free, but I'll be damned if I'll pay more than I ever have this year for it. Hell, if last year wasn't free, it would 'almost' have been a waste w/all the primetime & nationally televised Broncos games. ( I know the Sunday Ticket and Redzone etc off more than just seeing out of city teams, but that's the only reason I have it).
Didn't get it for first time ever last year....they wouldn't cut me any deal for the first time ever. Not sure what that means for me this year.

DenverBroncosJM
04-14-2013, 09:19 AM
I don't mind paying 150.00 or so a year for it. Directv has treated me right and as long as I do not feel I am being raped its okay with me.

I don't buy the argument new customers get it free so I should too.

Dendave
04-15-2013, 12:22 PM
From the Direct TV website
NFL Sunday Ticket Max
5 months $59.99
1 payment $299.95

NFL Sunday Ticket
5 months $44.99
1 payment $224.95

there is a button to "activate now"

I am going to wait for the schedule to come out and then try and get the best price I can

Wes Mantooth
05-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Just saw this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/4824/new-madden-includes-nfl-sunday-ticket

Basically if you buy Madden 25 off of Amazon, you can get Sunday ticket for your computer for free. $99 for both.

Jay3
05-28-2013, 07:16 PM
I will be attempting to purchase that.

cutthemdown
05-28-2013, 07:27 PM
going to switch to direct tv and get it for free. Used redzone last 2 yrs with Verizon. You have to be willing to switch providers every 3 yrs or so. Keeps him fighting to get your business.

maher_tyler
05-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Hopefully the people at AFN like the Broncos. I see a handful of prime time games so hopefully I get to watch a least a few games while I'm deployed.

lolcopter
05-28-2013, 07:52 PM
i already have madden 25 rosters on madden 12 so i will pass

didn't really take advantage of sunday ticket all that much last season. **** other teams.

R8R H8R
05-28-2013, 10:37 PM
I don't mind paying 150.00 or so a year for it. Directv has treated me right and as long as I do not feel I am being raped its okay with me.

I don't buy the argument new customers get it free so I should too.

I agree, but I do use that argument to get them to lower the annual fee for me. It works every time.

Dendave
06-11-2013, 07:39 AM
So has anyone got a deal yet? I have tried calling, a number of times and asked for retention, blah, blah, blah and nothing. I got it pretty cheap last year, but so far this year they aren't offering me anything. Also I live in the Midwest and looking at the schedule, I might not need it until Oct 13 Jaguars game, looks like every game should by on nationally (or at least in my area), actually, I might not need it until after the bye, I can go to the bar that weekend(10/13). Has anyone tried calling during the season and asked to activate and if so do they prorate it?

Dendave
06-11-2013, 02:12 PM
I just called again, still no deal I would accept yet, however, one thing the guy told me, which I did not know, is you are allowed to get it on a weekly basis. He didn't have a cost but he said it was around $30-40...heck I would spend that going to the bar to watch game anyway. Looks like that might be the route I am taking this year...the best deal I can get is $224 for the season, looking at the schedule it seems like maybe 5 or 6 games I wont get locally, so that's close to $40 per game anyway.

Beantown Bronco
06-11-2013, 04:16 PM
I just called again, still no deal I would accept yet, however, one thing the guy told me, which I did not know, is you are allowed to get it on a weekly basis. He didn't have a cost but he said it was around $30-40...

That guy doesn't know what he's talking about. No such program is in existence.

Johnykbr
06-11-2013, 04:26 PM
So has anyone got a deal yet? I have tried calling, a number of times and asked for retention, blah, blah, blah and nothing. I got it pretty cheap last year, but so far this year they aren't offering me anything. Also I live in the Midwest and looking at the schedule, I might not need it until Oct 13 Jaguars game, looks like every game should by on nationally (or at least in my area), actually, I might not need it until after the bye, I can go to the bar that weekend(10/13). Has anyone tried calling during the season and asked to activate and if so do they prorate it?

You can't just ask for retention. You have to get them to send you there usually by saying you are shopping around...

DenverBroncosJM
06-11-2013, 04:47 PM
I just called again, still no deal I would accept yet, however, one thing the guy told me, which I did not know, is you are allowed to get it on a weekly basis. He didn't have a cost but he said it was around $30-40...heck I would spend that going to the bar to watch game anyway. Looks like that might be the route I am taking this year...the best deal I can get is $224 for the season, looking at the schedule it seems like maybe 5 or 6 games I wont get locally, so that's close to $40 per game anyway.

5 X 40 is already 200.00..I would pop the extra 25 at that point to be able to watch any game I want in the other time slot..

This is what I do..

Call up to cancel HBO since game of thrones is over until April or whatever. Than I ask what specials they have etc. then I lead in to Sunday Ticket. Like I said 150.00 or so a year to me seems reasonable .

broncosteven
06-11-2013, 07:04 PM
For guys like me who only use DirectTV for sunday ticket they will no longer deal. I called about a question for my HD service, I have to pay for it $10 a month to keep it.

Since we have Uverse for everything else I have no pull with Directv. It is better to keep it as it is and pay a little extra than swap services, I had a snow storm last year during a football game and the picture froze a couple times. I could not deal with that all the time.

I get all the games in HD which is a plus because I am in IL. I get my money's worth though, I watch at least one other AFC west game each week. Can't wait until Comcast or AT&T get rights to Sunday Ticket and I can take down that hideous antenna. I have it stached on the side of my house so it is hard to see from the street but our neighbors just got one and they put it in the worst possible spot on the roof possible. I told my wife our property values dropped with that install.

gunns
06-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Thank heavens I live in Utah where we almost always get the Bronco games and I can go with Comcast, no contracts and no weird changes in the price each month. Get NFL network for $5 a month and Redzone comes with it. Good enough for me.

Dendave
06-12-2013, 09:30 AM
That guy doesn't know what he's talking about. No such program is in existence.

I just called back to confirm and the person I got said no it doesn't exist and I said, "so the person I talked to yesterday didn't know what he was talking about?" I asked to talk to supervisor, was put on hold and she came back and said it did exist. Said, day of game to select game I want to watch, it will ask you to buy, you need to confirm buy and you get the "ticket" for that entire day. Guess I will keep trying to figure it out

Beantown Bronco
06-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Said, day of game to select game I want to watch, it will ask you to buy, you need to confirm buy and you get the "ticket" for that entire day. Guess I will keep trying to figure it out

Knowing directv, clicking "buy" will lock you in for the entire season at the regular price instead of just that one day. Seems kind of shady to have such a program, but not tell all employees and not advertise it anywhere on your website or the numerous mailings I get from them every month.

cousinal11
06-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Called and said I wanted to cancel. Sent me to retention at which point I said, "too expensive, only reason I got DTV was NFL ticket which is too expensive, cable guys now offer NFLN and red zone, enjoyed my experience, just tell me where to send this equipment". He gave me free NFL ticket and free HD for a year, so they will play ball. Good luck guys.

Atwater His Ass
06-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Anyone tried using a VPN and getting NFL game pass for live games?

Denver Bronco56
06-12-2013, 11:55 AM
On a side note this is a really good deal!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-25-Xbox-360/dp/B00AY1CT4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368810093&sr=8-1&keywords=madden+nfl+25

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/19/madden-25-anniversary-edition-nfl-sunday-ticket-amazon-exclusive/

**Change it to anniversary edition and it will bump the price to $100 but it includes the game obviously BUT it gives you Sunday Ticket.

For those who DO NOT have DirecTv already it will allow you to watch on phones, tablets and computers.

For those who DO have DirecTv it will give you Sunday ticket Max.

so essentially for $40 you get sunday ticket considering that the game is $60 alone.

LetsGoBroncos
06-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Called and said I wanted to cancel. Sent me to retention at which point I said, "too expensive, only reason I got DTV was NFL ticket which is too expensive, cable guys now offer NFLN and red zone, enjoyed my experience, just tell me where to send this equipment". He gave me free NFL ticket and free HD for a year, so they will play ball. Good luck guys.

Just did the same thing. Said he could give it to me for free but if I wanted to upgrade to Sunday Ticket Max it would be $70. I said I appreciate it and asked if he could give me Max for fee. He said yes. Done.

5th year in a row I've gotten it for free.

Denver Bronco56
06-12-2013, 01:26 PM
So im still under my contract, but only have like 7 months left...

what are my chances that i can call and try and bluff that i would pay the ETF because the sole reason i got direcTv was for sunday ticket and ive seen very competitive cable offers that have made me consider the swith?

Beantown Bronco
06-12-2013, 01:30 PM
So im still under my contract, but only have like 7 months left...

what are my chances that i can call and try and bluff that i would pay the ETF because the sole reason i got direcTv was for sunday ticket and ive seen very competitive cable offers that have made me consider the swith?

Tell them that whatever company you are thinking of switching to is willing to pay the early termination fee.....most are, so you might not even be bluffing.

Denver Bronco56
06-12-2013, 01:49 PM
I will try and give them a call tonight and if that doesnt work i will buy that copy of Madden that includes it.

LetsGoBroncos
06-12-2013, 02:01 PM
I will try and give them a call tonight and if that doesnt work i will buy that copy of Madden that includes it.

80% of it is the person you talk to. If you aren't getting anywhere call back and hope for someone more helpful. Sometimes I get it on the first try, other times it takes me 3-4 tries. But the bottom line is they are willing to give it to you for free if they think you will leave.

Hit them on the fact that you will switch to the same provider you already have internet with. That establishes that you have a relationship with the cable company already.

Little things are important though. Call the person by their first name at the beginning….”Hi Matt, …..”

Dendave
06-12-2013, 02:05 PM
I just called again and they told me every "discount" is account specific. I asked what I needed to do to end my service with them, she asked why, I told her I have DTV for Bronco games and 1 out of the first eight might not be on national (or local) TV in my area, why would I pay full price for something I will only use half the year. She again confirmed that I could buy it on a weekly basis, but it would be about $40 per game. I asked besides being free what is the absolute minimum I could get it for? She offered me $73.98. I took it, better than the $224.98 I was offered yesterday. Now in a month or two I need to call back and get $$$ taken of the bill for some reason like last year with the Viacom issue and will get it for free.

Denver Bronco56
06-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Ok i never got around to calling last night, im going to give it a chance on my lunch break

say something like this...

Me - Good afternoon "bob"

Me - Ive really enjoyed DirecTV's service, but im trying to tighten up a little bit and the sole reason i got direcTV was for sunday ticket. It doesnt really look like i will be able to swing it this year and thus have kinda shopped around for cable and i already have my internet through Time Warner and they have offered to pay my ETF. And again i have really enjoyed the picture quality and convience of the DVR but without having Sunday ticket pursuing cable might be the more appealing choice since they do have NFLN and Redzone with Time Warner now..

would that be somewhat the kind things i would say?

LetsGoBroncos
06-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Ok i never got around to calling last night, im going to give it a chance on my lunch break

say something like this...

Me - Good afternoon "bob"

Me - Ive really enjoyed DirecTV's service, but im trying to tighten up a little bit and the sole reason i got direcTV was for sunday ticket. It doesnt really look like i will be able to swing it this year and thus have kinda shopped around for cable and i already have my internet through Time Warner and they have offered to pay my ETF. And again i have really enjoyed the picture quality and convience of the DVR but without having Sunday ticket pursuing cable might be the more appealing choice since they do have NFLN and Redzone with Time Warner now..

would that be somewhat the kind things i would say?

This was my exact pitch. This time the guy gave it to me no argument. In the past I've had to call a couple times until I get someone who is in a good mood. It all depends.

"Hi Steve, I’m looking for ways to save money in my budget and one way is to switch to cable who I already have internet with. If I bundle with them it would be cheaper. I would prefer to stay with Directv but the main reason I have it is for NFL Sunday Ticket. I know you guys give it to new customers for free and was wondering if you could do the same for me so I don’t have to switch to cable.”

DenverBroncosJM
06-13-2013, 06:37 PM
I just called to complain about a new charge on my bill it's basically 2.00 a month for local sports programming. The gave me a 3.00 a month credit. I then told them to cancel HBO they did. I finally mentioned I have not received pricing notice for Sunday Ticket this year, the guy typed for a few mins and said "how long have you had directv" I said 2006 he said for being so patient I am going to give you sunday ticket for free this year.

Yes I got lucky.

R8R H8R
06-13-2013, 07:25 PM
On a side note this is a really good deal!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-25-Xbox-360/dp/B00AY1CT4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368810093&sr=8-1&keywords=madden+nfl+25

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/19/madden-25-anniversary-edition-nfl-sunday-ticket-amazon-exclusive/

**Change it to anniversary edition and it will bump the price to $100 but it includes the game obviously BUT it gives you Sunday Ticket.

For those who DO NOT have DirecTv already it will allow you to watch on phones, tablets and computers.

For those who DO have DirecTv it will give you Sunday ticket Max.

so essentially for $40 you get sunday ticket considering that the game is $60 alone.

Not exactly. Here are the details copied & pasted from the Amazon fine print. This offer is for only the $100 Anniversary special:

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV:

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

Here's how I read it--

If you do not have Directv, you have to buy the service, but get $10 off a mo. 1st year, and get NFL Max for free 1year. Not a bad deal if you want the Ticket.

If you do have Directv, you have to buy the NFL Max, but get it on computer & mobile devices for free. Not a great deal, IMO. Certainly not worth the $100.

If you can't get Directv for some reason, you can get the Ticket on a computer or device. Good deal if you want the Ticket, and don't mind watching on a computer.

gunns
06-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Unbelievable. Just watching the news on the fires in Colorado. Talking about 2 people trying to escape that died, and a family with a couple kids and a wife who is pregnant with twins who lost everything. The husband calls and cancels utilities and calls DirectTV who tells him he owes them $400 for the dish and the equipment. He tells them sorry he needs the $400 to buy clothes and diapers for the twins coming and they tell him to file an insurance claim and include it.

Denver Bronco56
06-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Not exactly. Here are the details copied & pasted from the Amazon fine print. This offer is for only the $100 Anniversary special:

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV:

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

Here's how I read it--

If you do not have Directv, you have to buy the service, but get $10 off a mo. 1st year, and get NFL Max for free 1year. Not a bad deal if you want the Ticket.

If you do have Directv, you have to buy the NFL Max, but get it on computer & mobile devices for free. Not a great deal, IMO. Certainly not worth the $100.

If you can't get Directv for some reason, you can get the Ticket on a computer or device. Good deal if you want the Ticket, and don't mind watching on a computer.

So either way you wont get Sunday ticket by buying madden? Or will you just have to watch it on your pc?

Denver Bronco56
06-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Also just called DirecTV and talked to a young lady and we shot the breeze for awhile while we discussed things and in the end even with me pretty much saying that Sunday ticket was why i got direcTV and now that i dont have it i might just got with Time Warner because it is cheaper and already have my internet through them...

she tried to get me to switch my internet and bundle it with DirecTV and she offers to discount Sunday Ticket like $10 a month.

I will be making another call today and seeing if i can get this done.

R8R H8R
06-14-2013, 01:01 PM
So either way you wont get Sunday ticket by buying madden? Or will you just have to watch it on your pc?

For the most part, that is correct. The exception is if you do not already have Directv, but you have to purchase the service w/ a $10 mo. discount, and they give you the NFL Ticket free for one year.

All the other offers are just giving you access with a computer or mobile device.

Denver Bronco56
06-14-2013, 01:03 PM
For the most part, that is correct. The exception is if you do not already have Directv, but you have to purchase the service w/ a $10 mo. discount, and they give you the NFL Ticket free for one year.

All the other offers are just giving you access with a computer or mobile device.

I thought they give you Sunday Ticket anyway if you sign up? so in that case you're just getting a $10 discount?

Ok for the people that have smartphones/tablets or a laptop/pc with an HDMI output this still will be a very good deal.

I was often out of the house and resorted to using my laptop to watch the games or if it was raining and lost sat signal i used my laptop w/HDMI output anyways.

So just keep that in mind for anyone that wants the Broncos games and doesnt want to drop like $300

cmhargrove
06-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Called today, when I hit the main menu I said "cancel service". Got straight to a nice young lady. Last year I was upgraded to the H24 whole home DVR service, so I wasn't quite sure what I would get.

Got the new Genie system with Genie "mini" receivers in the other rooms. Got the NFL Sunday Ticket Max at half price (147.00). I kept pushing and got $20 off per month for a year. Kept pushing and got $15.00 more off for the next 15 months. So, completely upgraded DVR system, $35.00 off per month, and the NFL Sunday Ticket Max for half off.

That was worth a 10 minute phone call...

Raider Bill
06-17-2013, 09:33 AM
I was out of contract, was offered 10/month off and free Sunday ticket month to month, and 20 off a month and free sunday ticket if I re upped for a year. I re upped for a year, because it doesnt look like my neighborhood is getting wired for Fios anytime soon.

Denver Bronco56
06-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Ok so this time around I really pushed the idea that i was considering Time Warner, to consolidate my bills and they offered a somewhat of a good deal.

The person i spoke with didnt know much english and the best i got offered was free Sunday Ticket Max but i would still have to pay for basic sunday ticket itself, 10$ a month or something along those lines...but i didnt take the offer and told them i would call back once i priced Time Warner

My current monthly bill is aroun $60 for hd dvr. So with they said the bill would be an extra $40 a month so i would be right around $100 a month for 6 months if i broke it up that way and it didnt seem like that good of a deal.

But they were negotiating, and seemed willing to help me out... but without me saying i wanted Sunday ticket for free they didnt really try and even come close to entertaining that... so maybe i need to literally say i notice that new customers are receiving it for free and it would really seal the deal for me to stay with them if that could be an option.

rugbythug
06-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Direct TV is the reason half of my customers a jerks. They think I am lying when I say I can't give them a bigger discount.

Raider Bill
06-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Also just called DirecTV and talked to a young lady and we shot the breeze for awhile while we discussed things and in the end even with me pretty much saying that Sunday ticket was why i got direcTV and now that i dont have it i might just got with Time Warner because it is cheaper and already have my internet through them...

she tried to get me to switch my internet and bundle it with DirecTV and she offers to discount Sunday Ticket like $10 a month.

I will be making another call today and seeing if i can get this done.

You just have to get the right guy.. they threw me the half price offer with no contract when I asked how much it was. When I reupped for a year, he gave it to me for free.

Ray Finkle
06-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Free NFL Direct Ticket
$72 for the max
Free genie...

it works every time.....like Colt 45.

Popps
07-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Must be losing my touch. Called and threatened to suspend service, they offered me Max at $150. I said suspend my service. So, they did. Oh well. I can go without it for a couple of months, and that will make up the difference in price if I end up having to pay. I never really watch anything and my kid can watch Netflix. Will have to find Wimbledon feeds online I guess.

Will call back in a bit.

hades
07-03-2013, 05:52 AM
After about a 4 year hiatus I'm back with DirecTv. Had Verizon FIOS, hated the DVR. Went to Costco and they had a DirecTv deal going, so I signed back up. Got NFL Ticket, a bunch of stupid channels I'll never watch and some movie channels for $69 per month (awesome number!), and a $200 Visa gift card.

I like this new setup/box with the ability to record 5 HD channels! Verizon seems to always cut off the last 30 seconds of most shows, plus was limited to 2 recordings max.

Ray Finkle
07-03-2013, 06:33 AM
After about a 4 year hiatus I'm back with DirecTv. Had Verizon FIOS, hated the DVR. Went to Costco and they had a DirecTv deal going, so I signed back up. Got NFL Ticket, a bunch of stupid channels I'll never watch and some movie channels for $69 per month (awesome number!), and a $200 Visa gift card.

I like this new setup/box with the ability to record 5 HD channels! Verizon seems to always cut off the last 30 seconds of most shows, plus was limited to 2 recordings max.

the genie is pretty damn cool.....

Kaylore
07-03-2013, 07:10 AM
If you get Direct TV through Walmart, in addition to a better rate and all the fix'uns, you will get a $75 gift card to Walmart.

Ray Finkle
07-03-2013, 07:25 AM
If you get Direct TV through Walmart, in addition to a better rate and all the fix'uns, you will get a $75 gift card to Walmart.

but yet you then have to go to Walmart :D

Popps
07-03-2013, 12:51 PM
OK, called back today guns blazing... NFL Sunday Ticket Max at $147, but got $150 in service discounts for the year. So, more or less free... good to go. :)

lolcopter
07-06-2013, 08:45 AM
just called up to cancel sunday ticket, and they gave me 3 free months of Starz as a promotional offer lol

the person asked why i was cancelling, and i said i get all the local games for my team. he asked who my team was, and i said the denver broncos, and he was a fan also! haha, from utah... said he and his buddy were planning on heading out here for the raiders game. good stuff.

lolcopter
07-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Thank heavens I live in Utah where we almost always get the Bronco games and I can go with Comcast, no contracts and no weird changes in the price each month. Get NFL network for $5 a month and Redzone comes with it. Good enough for me.

hmm, must be different than the comcast in CO

bfoflcommish
07-16-2013, 11:26 AM
just got off the phone. Called in saying want to lower my monthly etc.. blah blah blah, basic rundown is this. I will be paying the same price i am right now, keep same level package, add sunday ticket max and get genie with 3 genie minis all for the same preice i was paying when i started the call, no fees for new equipiment no install fees etc. then after 6 months my bill will actually go down an extra $15 a month for 6 month.

So all in all after an hour long phone call (yes you have to put in work), i am getting sunday ticket max free (after different discounts, my bill staying same price as was), and upgraded to genie on every tv in house

Doggcow
07-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Comcast >...

I never have to argue for ****, just get redzone for like $5 /mo.

Redzone all that matters.

bfoflcommish
07-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Comcast >...

I never have to argue for ****, just get redzone for like $5 /mo.

Redzone all that matters.

ive said before in this thread i cant stand redzone. its not even on the sme level. I would rather watch my 8 games on 1 screen than the 1 red zone channel. to each their own though

i like watching the game not highlights. rz is too much like sportscenter for me

Rabb
07-16-2013, 12:22 PM
I called this week and said my girlfriend really wants to just switch to Comcast, and asked to be sent to the team that can cancel my account for me. They made it easy on me by transferring me to the wrong place twice, disconnecting once. About an hour later, some "account manager" threw the Genie, 4 mini Genies and Sunday Ticket in for this year at me.

Boosh.

Doggcow
07-16-2013, 12:37 PM
ive said before in this thread i cant stand redzone. its not even on the sme level. I would rather watch my 8 games on 1 screen than the 1 red zone channel. to each their own though

i like watching the game not highlights. rz is too much like sportscenter for me

You get Sunday ticket for like $5 a month too... Just buy Madden lol

bfoflcommish
07-16-2013, 12:52 PM
You get Sunday ticket for like $5 a month too... Just buy Madden lol

I got st free, upgraded equipment and dont need to buy madden which i never have time to play. i opened last seaspon madden and played once, I still have fifa and mlb the show wrapped in plastic. my ps3 is neglicted

Smilin Assassin
07-16-2013, 01:12 PM
just got off the phone. Called in saying want to lower my monthly etc.. blah blah blah, basic rundown is this. I will be paying the same price i am right now, keep same level package, add sunday ticket max and get genie with 3 genie minis all for the same preice i was paying when i started the call, no fees for new equipiment no install fees etc. then after 6 months my bill will actually go down an extra $15 a month for 6 month.

So all in all after an hour long phone call (yes you have to put in work), i am getting sunday ticket max free (after different discounts, my bill staying same price as was), and upgraded to genie on every tv in house

Mind if I ask how long you've been w/DirecTV? (Or ordered Sunday Ticket, anyways).

Always helps to know that if I were to call in and try to get a comparative deal.

Ray Finkle
07-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Mind if I ask how long you've been w/DirecTV? (Or ordered Sunday Ticket, anyways).

Always helps to know that if I were to call in and try to get a comparative deal.

for me, since 2003.

bfoflcommish
07-16-2013, 01:21 PM

since 1999 or 2000, sunday ticket every year

broncosteven
07-16-2013, 01:58 PM
I called this week and said my girlfriend really wants to just switch to Comcast, and asked to be sent to the team that can cancel my account for me. They made it easy on me by transferring me to the wrong place twice, disconnecting once. About an hour later, some "account manager" threw the Genie, 4 mini Genies and Sunday Ticket in for this year at me.

Boosh.

You should have told them you just won this years Survivor, they would have made it rain for you.

SouthStndJunkie
07-16-2013, 02:05 PM
I've got to make my annual phone call and put in my 30 to 45 minutes of haggling.

I've been putting it off, as I haven't felt like going through the process, but it's worth it to save a few hundred bucks every year and I'm pretty sure they'll upgrade me to the Genie for free as well, as they are pushing that big time right now and want to get it in as many households as possible.

SouthStndJunkie
07-16-2013, 02:15 PM
I'd actually be willing to pay full price for the Sunday Ticket if Directv sent the chick in the Genie commercials over to my house.

I'd have her make me a turkey sandwich and mow the lawn while I watched my Denver Broncos.

Kaylore
07-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Comcast is horse ****.

Rabb
07-16-2013, 02:44 PM
You should have told them you just won this years Survivor, they would have made it rain for you.

:~ohyah!:

broncosteven
07-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Comcast is horse ****.

Uverse isn't much better.

The thing is that all the offerings are the same but different. They all have the same kind of features but they do them differently. It reminds me of Server Backup applications, they all do the same type of things, each one has a feature or 2 the other doesn't have but in the end they do the same thing.

lolcopter
07-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Comcast is horse ****.

+1

inconsistent billing month-to-month, insane prices, ****ty menu [speed] compared to directv

the only good things about comcast are the internet speeds, and no contract required

Beantown Bronco
07-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Lovin life right now.

I called up directv to legitimately cancel my service and switch to Verizon triple play and was talked into staying with directv for the following deal after 45 minutes of going back and forth:

My previous service:

Directv's lowest basic hd cable package with no movie channels, nothing extra, on two tvs (with basic hd-dvr on one tv): $105 per month.

New service:

Genie/whole home DVR
HD plan includes 25 extra channels
All movie channels free for 4 months (HBO, Starz, Cinemax, Showtime, etc)
Free NFL Sunday Ticket MAX

Total per month: $47.00

BroncoDoug
07-28-2013, 06:56 PM
So my 2 year agreement with my cable provider is set to expire after August. I was wanting to switch to DirecTV to get free Sunday Ticket just in time for the Broncos season. When I go on their website it says that this offer expires in 3 days. What the heck are my options?

Tom Nalen
07-28-2013, 07:16 PM
So my 2 year agreement with my cable provider is set to expire after August. I was wanting to switch to DirecTV to get free Sunday Ticket just in time for the Broncos season. When I go on their website it says that this offer expires in 3 days. What the heck are my options?

Just sign up for Direct TV now and try to get the installation people to come later...see what they can do.

errand
07-28-2013, 07:37 PM
I'd actually be willing to pay full price for the Sunday Ticket if Directv sent the chick in the Genie commercials over to my house.

I'd have her make me a turkey sandwich and mow the lawn while I watched my Denver Broncos.

Really? Of all the things you could do with her, this is what you came up with?

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/hanna-sexy-4.jpg?w=500&h=501

Stuck in Cali
07-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Called Directv told them I wasn't going to threaten leaving. Asked if there was anything they felt like doing to reduce my bill, even if they couldn't I wouldn't leave. They gave me a $20.00 a month credit for the next six months.

Wes Mantooth
07-28-2013, 10:50 PM
called, asked for retention as I shared I thought DirectTV was too expensive and Sunday Ticket was certainly a lot.

They asked me what I wanted to pay, I said $65 (currently 85). They gave me $20 per month for 1 year and free Sunday ticket (no max, but I will call about that another day). Happy guy! took 20 minutes.

DenverBound
07-29-2013, 05:39 AM
Called Directv told them I wasn't going to threaten leaving. Asked if there was anything they felt like doing to reduce my bill, even if they couldn't I wouldn't leave. They gave me a $20.00 a month credit for the next six months.

Terrible negotiator.

55CrushEm
07-29-2013, 06:03 AM
Lovin life right now.

I called up directv to legitimately cancel my service and switch to Verizon triple play and was talked into staying with directv for the following deal after 45 minutes of going back and forth:

My previous service:

Directv's lowest basic hd cable package with no movie channels, nothing extra, on two tvs (with basic hd-dvr on one tv): $105 per month.

New service:

Genie/whole home DVR
HD plan includes 25 extra channels
All movie channels free for 4 months (HBO, Starz, Cinemax, Showtime, etc)
Free NFL Sunday Ticket MAX

Total per month: $47.00

Holy crap! Best deal I've heard yet. How long will your bill be at $47? 1 year?

Smilin Assassin
07-29-2013, 10:45 AM

Call DirecTV and tell them your situation.

They want your business, they'll work with you I'm certain.

(Then give them my account number and save me $100 a year :~ohyah!: )

Beantown Bronco
07-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Holy crap! Best deal I've heard yet. How long will your bill be at $47? 1 year?

2 years, surprisingly. It will only go up if I want to add in all the stupid movie channels I get for free for the first few months, which I won't do. This guy I was on with was incredible. Kept adding discount after discount and literally threw in the Sunday Ticket Max at the end without me even asking for it. He just asked me if I liked the NFL. I said yes and he said that he could give me it for free.

They also have a partnership going with Verizon for cable right now in my area. I locked in their 75/35 Fios Internet for $60 a month for 2 years. That's less than I'm paying right now for Comcast and it's in theory going to be a lot faster than my current Comcast connection. If I didn't sign on for that, my directv would cost $57 a month instead of the $47.

So, overall I went from paying $180 a month for directv tv and Comcast internet to $107 a month for better directv with genie and Sunday Ticket Max and faster internet.

So glad I decided to just make the call on a lazy sunday afternoon.

Smilin Assassin
07-30-2013, 02:32 PM
2 years, surprisingly. It will only go up if I want to add in all the stupid movie channels I get for free for the first few months, which I won't do. This guy I was on with was incredible. Kept adding discount after discount and literally threw in the Sunday Ticket Max at the end without me even asking for it. He just asked me if I liked the NFL. I said yes and he said that he could give me it for free.

They also have a partnership going with Verizon for cable right now in my area. I locked in their 75/35 Fios Internet for $60 a month for 2 years. That's less than I'm paying right now for Comcast and it's in theory going to be a lot faster than my current Comcast connection. If I didn't sign on for that, my directv would cost $57 a month instead of the $47.

So, overall I went from paying $180 a month for directv tv and Comcast internet to $107 a month for better directv with genie and Sunday Ticket Max and faster internet.

Just called and they took $25 off my bill for 15 months, but wouldn't budge on the NFL Sunday Ticket w/out Max included.

With Max included, they offered it for one payment of $97. Might have to call back for that, though all I wanted was basic Sunday Ticket (he said it would cost more that way, the deal was including Sunday Ticket Max).

Might just be me getting greedy. They took $25 off to take me to $50 a month, so $97 for Sunday Ticket Max is still a discount. I'm curious if you bargained them down before or got it free previously?

I had Sunday Ticket free last yr. Could be why I'm "Not eligible" for it this year.

bfoflcommish
07-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Just called and they took $25 off my bill for 15 months, but wouldn't budge on the NFL Sunday Ticket w/out Max included.

With Max included, they offered it for one payment of $97. Might have to call back for that, though all I wanted was basic Sunday Ticket (he said it would cost more that way, the deal was including Sunday Ticket Max).

Might just be me getting greedy. They took $25 off to take me to $50 a month, so $97 for Sunday Ticket Max is still a discount. I'm curious if you bargained them down before or got it free previously?

I had Sunday Ticket free last yr. Could be why I'm "Not eligible" for it this year.

i bargain for free sunday ticket max every year. keep on it

Smilin Assassin
07-30-2013, 02:38 PM
i bargain for free sunday ticket max every year. keep on it

Well technically I did bargain them to $97 for the ticket + Max, but wasn't really looking to get Max. (I just watch the games on tv, no need for phone, tablet, etc)

Was just surprised I couldn't get it lower (or free) considering I only wanted the basic Sunday Ticket.

55CrushEm
07-30-2013, 04:05 PM

Bravo. Well done, Bean.

Beantown Bronco
07-30-2013, 04:31 PM

I haven't gotten any freebies from them for years and didn't bother with Sunday Ticket at all last year....mostly because there were only about 3 or 4 Broncos games that weren't shown in my area, so I'd just hit up a bar.

I think that helped me. I've been with them for about 15 years, haven't asked for anything in years and have been paying on time. They've made a nice chunk of change off of me and can afford to take a hit for a few.

CSU Husker
08-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Just called and got my hook up for the year. First off, I have gotten Sunday Ticket free the past two years. This year got $25 a month off my bill, and free Red Zone channel. I didn't know they could just give you the Red Zone channel, but apparently they can. I even logged in online to verify it and it shows on my account as just Red Zone channel. Should be good enough, don't really need the full package.

They also offered to give me the Genie system, but that would require a 24 month agreement, so I said I would think about it. Anyone have the Genie? How do you like it?

cabronco
08-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Just called and got my hook up for the year. First off, I have gotten Sunday Ticket free the past two years. This year got $25 a month off my bill, and free Red Zone channel. I didn't know they could just give you the Red Zone channel, but apparently they can. I even logged in online to verify it and it shows on my account as just Red Zone channel. Should be good enough, don't really need the full package.

They also offered to give me the Genie system, but that would require a 24 month agreement, so I said I would think about it. Anyone have the Genie? How do you like it?

I got a free upgrade to the genie recently. I've had directv for a long time, so I know I will have it the 24 months. I didn't think it was that big of deal when advertised, but after having it for a month I like it.. I have 3 rooms I used dvrs with, but now I don't have the bulky dvr boxes , the genies are a lot smaller where you barely notice them. The main one in the house is about half the size of the reg. dvr. The convenience of having all recorded shows available to you in each room is great, has a lot more memory for recorded shows, I believe 1 terabyte. I like the ability of watching one show in living room, pausing it & turn off tv then pick it up in bedroom and we hit pause again and we haven't missed a thing. The main box has picture in picture which is pretty cool, if you want to watch golf in the background w/o sound, and watch something else at the same time. Can't wait to try with football. Ideally PIP the screen would be divided equally in half, but one screen size is bigger than the other, and you have options on where to place them on the screen. I give it a thumbs up personally. :thumbs:

Doggcow
08-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Just buy Madden :P

ShutDownPoster
08-03-2013, 04:15 AM
Living overseas, I used to have to depend on stream torrents and such. Luckily NFL Game Pass came along and since 2008 I've been a happy camper - first 2 years signals would drop regularly. But now, its totally awesome, 200$ a year for PS, Reg Season, and Playoffs, including NFL Network, and Coaches Film and the access is valid for 1 year. With the iPad app, I can stream it to my Apple TV in full HD. I guess you stateside guys can sign up using a friend or relatives' CC from overseas and log-in through a VPN. Worth a shot.

Dendave
08-06-2013, 01:26 PM
She offered me $73.98. I took it, better than the $224.98 I was offered yesterday. Now in a month or two I need to call back and get $$$ taken of the bill for some reason like last year with the Viacom issue and will get it for free.

Just called asked for promotions, when there asked what could I do to lower me bill, after everything said and done, DVR free for 6 months, HBO free for 6 months, Starz/Encore free for 6 months, even though I have automatic bill pay, $5 off for a year. So basically I am getting the DVR and HBO for free, I was paying, get Starz/Encore, which I didn't have and get an extra $5 off my bill because I use automatic bill pay, add in the additional $10 discount I was already receiving I am happy right now.

maher_tyler
08-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Living overseas, I used to have to depend on stream torrents and such. Luckily NFL Game Pass came along and since 2008 I've been a happy camper - first 2 years signals would drop regularly. But now, its totally awesome, 200$ a year for PS, Reg Season, and Playoffs, including NFL Network, and Coaches Film and the access is valid for 1 year. With the iPad app, I can stream it to my Apple TV in full HD. I guess you stateside guys can sign up using a friend or relatives' CC from overseas and log-in through a VPN. Worth a shot.

I'm most likely going to need this. I'm in no mans land Afghanistan. Do i need to download the App to my iPad and pay for it from there??

i4jelway7
08-08-2013, 10:13 AM
well I just tried to get a discount, no luck & I've been with dtv for over 15 years & I've had Sunday Ticket every year, the customer service rep didn't offer anything they just canceled it... my sh*tty customer service rep was Matt...

LetsGoBroncos
08-08-2013, 11:42 AM
well I just tried to get a discount, no luck & I've been with dtv for over 15 years & I've had Sunday Ticket every year, the customer service rep didn't offer anything they just canceled it... my sh*tty customer service rep was Matt...

That's when you simply hang up and call right back. It's all about who you talk to.

Also did you get to the retention department? I know 10 people who have called in the last month and they have all gotten Sunday ticket for free and some have gotten discounts on their monthly bill and equipment upgrades. You talk to another person, you get what you want.

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2013, 11:51 AM
I called over the weekend and was on the phone working it for an hour, usually it takes about 20 minutes. I finally got to the 3rd level, the retention department, after the lady on the 2nd level was being a cheap ass.

They would only give my the Sunday Ticket Max for 4 payments of like $36....but they gave me a $20 credit off my bill for the next 12 months, and another $15 credit off my bill for the next 15 months, plus waived my $5 monthly HD fee for the next 12 months.

So basically, the Ticket will be free after those monthly discounts, and then I'll be saving $20 to $40 off my bill for several more months when those 4 payments are done.

They're also coming out and hooking up the Genie for free, but I think they're doing that free for everyone.

They're goofy about their discounts sometimes, but if you keep at it, you'll get the Sunday Ticket for free and then some.

This time was the longest it ever took, but it was worth it when I look at how much money I saved.

kane0730
08-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks to this thread, I decided to call and threaten to leave Directv. My two year agreement was due at the end of August, so I told them I wanted to cancel it then, and was switching to Comcast. With zero haggling on my part, the guy threw me $30 off a month and the NFL package/Redzone for free. Can't believe how easy it was.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2013, 12:00 PM

I always make sure to call them by their name and ask them how their day is going etc....

I always find it's best to be nice and courteous and explain to them that the only reason I get directv is for the Sunday Ticket and that it's simply not feasible to pay for it, as my monthly bill is already as high as I can afford per month....blah, blah, blah.

I remind them that I've been a great customer for a long time, but that without the Sunday Ticket, there are other options available, but that it would be nice to work something out with them.

They make enough per month as it is off everyone, they don't want to lose you as a customer....if you don't get what you want, call back and try again.

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2013, 12:07 PM
I've got to call for my friend this weekend to get him a deal, as he is never able to get the deal himself.

He does have an annoying, demanding, and grating voice though....I'd probably deny him the discount after listening to him for 2 minutes.

I called for him last year and got that ********** an even better deal than I got myself.

Smilin Assassin
08-08-2013, 12:34 PM
I called over the weekend and was on the phone working it for an hour, usually it takes about 20 minutes. I finally got to the 3rd level, the retention department, after the lady on the 2nd level was being a cheap ass.

They would only give my the Sunday Ticket Max for 4 payments of like $36....but they gave me a $20 credit off my bill for the next 12 months, and another $15 credit off my bill for the next 15 months, plus waived my $5 monthly HD fee for the next 12 months.

So basically, the Ticket will be free after those monthly discounts, and then I'll be saving $20 to $40 off my bill for several more months when those 4 payments are done.

They're also coming out and hooking up the Genie for free, but I think they're doing that free for everyone.

They're goofy about their discounts sometimes, but if you keep at it, you'll get the Sunday Ticket for free and then some.

This time was the longest it ever took, but it was worth it when I look at how much money I saved.

Sounds a lot like the deal that was offered me, and I passed. I had tunnel vision and was still unwilling to pay for Sunday Ticket, but in hindsight..I saw they were basically giving me a better deal. (I'd be paying more per month had I just asked for Sunday Ticket for free, and kept my old bill).

They offered the Genie as well, but I believe it came w/another 2-year commitment. I'm not planning on changing providers, but w/the NFL's exclusive deal w/DirecTV ending this year, I'd hate to be locked in and have them lose the Sunday Ticket.

Probably still going to call back one more time to see if I can get the previously offered deal + any kind of discount on the Ticket.

Dendave
08-08-2013, 12:58 PM
They offered the Genie as well, but I believe it came w/another 2-year commitment. I'm not planning on changing providers, but w/the NFL's exclusive deal w/DirecTV ending this year, I'd hate to be locked in and have them lose the Sunday Ticket.

They offered me the Genie as well and I didn't accept it for the same reason you mention and I told the girl that I didn't want to be locked into a 2 year contract if DTV no longer offers the Sunday ticket, she wasn't aware that DTV might lose Sunday ticket.

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Sounds a lot like the deal that was offered me, and I passed. I had tunnel vision and was still unwilling to pay for Sunday Ticket, but in hindsight..I saw they were basically giving me a better deal. (I'd be paying more per month had I just asked for Sunday Ticket for free, and kept my old bill).

Probably still going to call back one more time to see if I can get the previously offered deal + any kind of discount on the Ticket.

My monthly payments will be even less when I'm paying 4 payments of $36.99, as my credits will equal $40 off for those 4 months, so my bill will actually be less. I figured I'd pony up the $150 for the Sunday Ticket Max package, as long as I'm saving a total of $525 off my bills in upcoming credits.

Dendave
08-21-2013, 11:03 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/21/googleyoutube-could-make-a-run-at-sunday-ticket/

Far more stunning than the potential loss of the NFL Sunday Ticket package by DirecTV could be its new landing spot.