PDA

View Full Version : Question For Season Ticket Holders Who Don't Go To Every Game

RhymesayersDU
07-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Look... I know this makes me a bad fan and all that jazz. I know people would kill for Broncos season tickets. But this opportunity came to me at a time when I still live in New Mexico and simply can't make every game.

What is the easiest way to get rid of tickets? I'm not necesarily looking to make any money, my main objective is to not have to be in a situation where I'm watching the game at home with four tickets sitting on the table. I'd rather not eat any of them.

I know the avenues of eBay, StubHub, etc. But what I'm asking is for people's experiences and what they find works for them the best/easiest. I've never had to get rid of a bunch of tickets before. I hope to see four regular season games, but that may be trimmed to three.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

bronco militia
07-02-2010, 11:47 AM
friends, or craigs list...

bronco militia
07-02-2010, 11:49 AM
I also sell them to co-workers. I was able to get full price for my pre-season tickets last year

RhymesayersDU
07-02-2010, 11:50 AM
So you're saying that a private type deal is the easiest to work? Perhaps I'll do that. I know a ton of Bronco fans down here, I may be able to find people who would take one game, etc.

bronco militia
07-02-2010, 11:54 AM
So you're saying that a private type deal is the easiest to work? Perhaps I'll do that. I know a ton of Bronco fans down here, I may be able to find people who would take one game, etc.

definately....I bet you have pretty good luck if you put your tickets up for sale the same week the broncos send them to you. I've had a lot of wives and girl friends buy them up for early Christmas presents.

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2010, 11:58 AM
ticket brokers will buy them. i'm in NM as well and can't get to every game either, so the ticket brokers come in handy, though you should sell them to them around now. all the other ideas so far are great, and i give at least two games a year to ronald mcdonald house free of charge--consider that as well.

p.s. You're a crappy fan... ;)

missingnumber7
07-02-2010, 12:00 PM
I had a gator fan offer me face for all the games I wasn't going to. He had never gotten to see Tebow play while he was a gator and was excited to see him play in the pros...i just rolled my eyes...I'm hoping tickets get here soon...I could really use the cash from selling them right now:(

Hercules Rockefeller
07-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Just remember that if you sell them through any avenue except for the team's ticket exchange, you will be held responsible. It scares the crap out of me that I could lose my season tickets because some stranger I sold them to on StubHub goes and gets tossed from the stands.

bronco militia
07-02-2010, 12:08 PM
ticket brokers will buy them. i'm in NM as well and can't get to every game either, so the ticket brokers come in handy, though you should sell them to them around now. all the other ideas so far are great, and i give at least two games a year to ronald mcdonald house free of charge--consider that as well.

p.s. You're a crappy fan... ;)

at least he's not a Redwings fan ;D

montrose
07-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Sell them through the team's ticket exchange. It removes you from liability if someone gets tossed from your seats and increases the chances of keeping Broncos fans in the seats.

Irish Stout
07-02-2010, 12:14 PM
About three years ago I found a guy off craigslist who was only looking to sell half his tickets, two seats. I bought them. You could do the same thing here, post something to see if someone is willing to pay you face for whatever games you cannot make and sell them to them now.

If you want to make a buck, then typically holding them till about a month out from the game and putting them on stubhub, ebay or craigslist is the bestway to go.

crush17
07-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Just make sure you're not selling them to opposing team's fans.

Durango
07-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Advertise for a partner to share the tickets, and ticket prices. That's what I had to do. I used the Denver Post, but with todays media available through so many devices, I can't imagine it will take long to find someone. I screened several people before I made an agreement with another small businessman and have never regretted it.

RhymesayersDU
07-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the insight re: ticket exchange.

I think I will sell to people I know or ticket exchange.

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2010, 01:05 PM
at least he's not a Redwings fan ;D

:~ohyah!:

RonDaChamp24
07-02-2010, 01:51 PM
I need 4 tickets for the Broncos-Raiders game October 24!