PDA

View Full Version : And the new Spiderman is...

Archer81
07-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Enough speculation already. Andrew Garfield has been officially cast as the new Spider-Man in Sony's upcoming 3D reboot, due to hit screens on July 3, 2012. The studio released the news via a press release.

The new film will begin production in early December, directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by James Vanderbilt. Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad will produce.

Garfield (The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus) is one of a few names that have been thrown around to take over the role. The list previously included Josh Hutcherson, Jamie Bell (Jumper), Anton Yelchin (Star Trek), Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass), Alden Ehrenreich (Tetro) and Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson). But they can stop practicing their web slinging, as Garfield has beaten them all out.

Webb explained his reasoning for choosing Garfield in a statement: "Though his name may be new to many, those who know this young actor's work understand his extraordinary talents. He has a rare combination of intelligence, wit, and humanity. Mark my words, you will love Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker."

http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1103478p1.html

:Broncos:

Beantown Bronco
07-02-2010, 09:09 AM
At least he's white. :wiggle:

Flex Gunmetal
07-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Yelchin would be great I think.

Mr.Meanie
07-02-2010, 09:20 AM
July 3, 2012. 2 years away and I am already planning on missing this

Kaylore
07-02-2010, 09:22 AM
He's a pretty good actor and he will not do Spiderman as dead-pan as McGuire. I still feel weird about the reboot so soon, but I suppose if it's a good movie I'm ok with it. I loved the new Star Trek and thought I'd hate it, so I'll give it a chance.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Not saying any of the above fall into this catagory, but anyone who both seriously posts in this thread while hating on soccer in the WC thread is a hypocrite.

Beantown Bronco
07-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Not saying any of the above fall into this catagory, but anyone who both seriously posts in this thread while hating on soccer in the WC thread is a hypocrite.

Not following the logic there.

Rigs11
07-02-2010, 12:05 PM
good, gawd I hated McGuire,dude looks like a freaking mannequin and can't act worth of crap.

Flex Gunmetal
07-02-2010, 12:07 PM

Hey bro, i think the thread you are looking for is that way ------>

Baba Booey
07-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Yelchin would be great I think.

Would have been my choice as well.

New guy looks even fruitier than Toby.