PDA

View Full Version : Anybody hear how Clady is coming along?

ZONA
07-01-2010, 09:23 PM
I've been waiting for some kind of update on his status, how his rehab is going and if there has been any change in the timeline when they expect him back. Sometimes guys rehab great and heal much faster then doctors thought. I'm hoping that's the case for Clady.

OBF1
07-01-2010, 09:27 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92531

strafen
07-01-2010, 09:29 PM
I've heard on the Fan he might miss at least 5 games into the season. I believe it was Mark Scherelth qho said that. Of course this was his opinion based on personal experience and what he thought it might take to comeback to full-strength from a patella tendon injury

Lev Vyvanse
07-01-2010, 09:36 PM
I've heard on the Fan he might miss at least 5 games into the season. I believe it was Mark Scherelth qho said that. Of course this was his opinion based on personal experience and what he thought it might take to comeback to full-strength from a patella tendon injury

Seems conservative coming from a guy that was getting surgery during half-time.

Traveler
07-02-2010, 04:34 AM
I actually don't see Clady being ready until November. Even a partial tear requires almost a year to recover IMO. Having had the same injury, I wouldn't expect Clady back until the latter part of the season.

cmhargrove
07-02-2010, 07:38 AM
I heard a text from a tweet from an insider that said he (or she) saw Clady doing backflips with Marcus Thomas at Dove Valley the other day.

NFLBRONCO
07-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Last thing Denver needs to do is rush him back. I'd rather have him miss 2010 and get healed then risk his career trying to get him on the field as fast as possible this year.

cmhargrove
07-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Last thing Denver needs to do is rush him back. I'd rather have him miss 2010 and get healed then risk his career trying to get him on the field as fast as possible this year.

The real question in Training Camp might be - do they let Beadles compete with Polumbus for the LT job? I think Zane should play his career at LG (and be very good), but if the "best man wins," it will be interesting to see if there is competition there.

cutthemdown
07-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Clady's yr is done just get over it. No way he plays well this yr coming off that injury. Maybe by week 10 he is looking normal.

CEH
07-02-2010, 08:40 AM

The back story on Mark's prediction

Stink has a friend he played with in Washington who now is an orthopedic surgeon in Houston, went to Harvard, interned at Mayo . His friend told him the surgery to replace a partially torn tendon is the same as a full tear so thats why Mark was skeptical about a Sept 12 return

We can only hope for the best but I'm not holding my breath. 5 games in seems early to me

montrose
07-02-2010, 08:46 AM

This. Watching Knowshon hobble on one knee last year and DJ two years ago was bad enough - sit Clady out the year and make sure he's 100% for 2012 (1st season after the lockout).

HorseHead
07-02-2010, 09:04 AM
S-it...somebody get me Zimmerman's phone number....

bowtown
07-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Oh good, another "I'm not a doctor but I play one on a message board" thread.

The simple answer to the OP is "no, no one has heard how he is coming along."

Kaylore
07-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Clady's yr is done just get over it. No way he plays well this yr coming off that injury. Maybe by week 10 he is looking normal.

I disagree. He didn't tear it off clean. It was a partial tear which amounts to a severe sprain. I'm not convinced he's "done" and I think he could be at full functionality by mid season if things go well.

ZONA
07-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I disagree. He didn't tear it off clean. It was a partial tear which amounts to a severe sprain. I'm not convinced he's "done" and I think he could be at full functionality by mid season if things go well.

Even if it's not until the last 4 games or so, that could mean the difference between missing the playoffs or making them. It's important that people don't just write his services off this year. He could still turn out to play an important role late in the season.

Naggle Nole
07-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I think it would be hasty to be thinking IR list before we are even into August
Personally, I think it will be PUP list followed by a midseason reevaluation

tsiguy96
07-03-2010, 03:52 PM
I think it would be hasty to be thinking IR list before we are even into August
Personally, I think it will be PUP list followed by a midseason reevaluation

coming out of your hole for good eh?

snowspot66
07-03-2010, 06:51 PM

Didn't Marshall have a sprained PCL a few years back and he only missed a little time with that.

Isn't a sprain basically a tear but not a full tear?

broncosteven
07-03-2010, 06:57 PM

Who is the 2nd team LT again? Any chance they move Harris to LT if he is healthy?

ShutDownPoster
07-03-2010, 10:08 PM
*sad*

cutthemdown
07-04-2010, 01:32 AM

did he need surgery?

cutthemdown
07-04-2010, 01:34 AM
Usually when big guys have bad leg injuries it takes them a yr to get back to where they were. Not trying to be a downer just sort of reality people.

I'm not saying he doesn't play this yr. I'm saying I wouldn't expect much from him first half of season. When you miss your best olineman for a chunk of games its usually a bad thing.

footstepsfrom#27
07-04-2010, 03:09 AM
Maybe I missed something...hasn't it already been stated that the team expects he'll be ready to go for the first regular season game? Or did I imagine this somehow? I swear I read something to that effect on here just days ago though.

enjolras
07-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Maybe I missed something...hasn't it already been stated that the team expects he'll be ready to go for the first regular season game? Or did I imagine this somehow? I swear I read something to that effect on here just days ago though.

Yep... the Mane is just going through it's customary off-season freak out:) There's a fairly large contingent that have written him off for the whole season already. We have no idea as to the actual severity of the injury so it's all idle speculation (including on the part of Schlereth).

bronco610
07-04-2010, 09:55 AM

You just don't understand. We are all smarter than doctors, trainers GMs and coaches.

Rabb
07-04-2010, 10:03 AM
You just don't understand. We are all smarter than doctors, trainers GMs and coaches.

except that many outside of the Mane are speculating that Clady being back for the opener or even 4 games in is a stretch and possibly a major risk

cutthemdown
07-04-2010, 11:01 AM

Teams will often give the rosiest picture. From our experience as fans though we know it's often not true. Bad lower leg injury, really big man, plays a physical position, player uses speed more then power. That all points to a really slow first half of the yr for Clady.

Maybe a few missed games here and there, not playing as well as he did when healthy etc etc.

cutthemdown
07-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Yep... the Mane is just going through it's customary off-season freak out:) There's a fairly large contingent that have written him off for the whole season already. We have no idea as to the actual severity of the injury so it's all idle speculation (including on the part of Schlereth).

Just going on observations from other yrs. How many really big players tear a tendon then come back that yr and have a pro bowl yr? or even start every game. Can you think of any?