PDA

View Full Version : oh yeah thanks Broncos Ticket Office....Not

bfoflcommish
07-01-2010, 03:14 PM
So past few months people posting they got called for season tix, and in the 1 case I actually had a closer number (per email i had from ticket office and the mane members recollection of thier waitlist number) but I never got called, hmm wonder why??? anyway, i get sent this lovely email today.

$125 per seat, I dont think so. thanks Broncos!

As a token of appreciation for your continued patience on our growing Waiting List for Season tickets, the Broncos Ticket Office would like to introduce you to a special promotion for the upcoming season.
The Broncos 2010 home schedule features visits from AFC West rivals Oakland, Kansas City, and San Diego as well as games versus the AFC Champion Indianapolis Colts and New York Jets. In advance of our public sale for individual game tickets, we'd like to present you with the opportunity to purchase a package of five of our 2010 scheduled games.
Simply select which package of games you'd prefer and follow the link below to secure seating for the applicable dates and opponents. The pre-sale promotional packages are only $625 per seat and include tickets for the five games listed.
Package A:
Saturday, August 21st vs. Detroit at 7:00pm
Sunday, September 26th vs. Indianapolis at 2:15pm
Sunday, October 24th vs. Oakland at 2:15pm
Sunday, November 28th vs. St. Louis at 2:15pm *
Sunday, January 2nd vs. San Diego at 2:15pm *
Package B:
Sunday, August 29th vs. Pittsburgh at 6:00pm
Sunday, September 19th vs. Seattle at 2:05pm
Sunday, October 17th vs. NYJ at 2:05pm
Sunday, November 14th vs. Kansas City at 2:05pm
Sunday, December 26th vs. Houston at 2:05pm *
* Flexible Scheduling: All NFL games scheduled for Sundays from weeks 11-17 are eligible to be moved to the Sunday night game, which is televised nationally by NBC. Time change notification will be announced via mail and email prior to the affected game. Please note: This potential time change could affect the Broncos home games versus St. Louis, Houston and San Diego. Fans should anticipate possible changes and plan accordingly. No ticket refunds will be made as a result of any schedule changes.
We're excited to have you join us at INVESCO Field this season and look forward to welcoming you to the Broncos Country Season Ticket Family in the near future.

Tickets available in Sections 345-346 and only while supplies last. This offer has been made available to you because of your position on the season ticket waiting list and is non transferrable. Limit four tickets. Offer valid ends Thursday, July 8. Declining this offer will not affect your position on the season ticket waiting list. Five game package only available for the 2010 season, and future season ticket offer locations will vary.
Tickets for this offer go on sale Tuesday, July 6 at 10:00 AM.
Purchase Tickets
Please note, the Broncos ticket office will be closed July 2 - 5.

bfoflcommish
07-01-2010, 03:15 PM
and isnt package A just great, Colts...oh yeah and oakland detroit and st louis too

Irish Stout
07-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I highly recommend you call them and ask them whats going on. They're friendly. They keep sending out these club level promotions cause they can't sell those seats at those prices.

mwill07
07-01-2010, 03:35 PM
if you're interested, I have season tix I'm looking to sell. I put myself on the wait list about 10 years ago, thinking I might be in Denver by now...well, I'm in South Carolina when my name came up. Last year a friend in Cheyenne bought the season tix from me, he can't do it this year.

My tickets are in sec 539, row 10. I've got them on stubhub right now and am wrangling to get them on craigslist.

Right now I'm planning on coming out for one game - probably SD so we can do a little skiing as well. Outside of that, I need to sell the rest of the season, and would be happy to sell to you for face value ($585 ea), but I'd like to buy back the SD game. Of course, I'll give you playoff rights too.

OBF1
07-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I got the same email today.... It got deleted as fast as I read it :)

baja
07-01-2010, 04:55 PM
I go one saying Pat Bowlen has read many of your posts on the Orange Mane site and really enjoys reading your views so he would like to extend to you a club level season pass all you would be required to pay is the taxes, surcharges and statium revenue sharing fees totaling 467 dollars. If you are interested please conact XXXXXX.

CEH
07-02-2010, 07:47 AM
I go one saying Pat Bowlen has read many of your posts on the Orange Mane site and really enjoys reading your views so he would like to extend to you a club level season pass all you would be required to pay is the taxes, surcharges and statium revenue sharing fees totaling 467 dollars. If you are interested please conact XXXXXX.

I totally agree with your premise while funny it really gets to the issue

Bowlen is not as financially stable as he would like to be

While they have sold out the general seating since forever they are having a real hard time to sell out the luxury suite and club seat inventory

I think Pat is on the hook for about 25 % of the cost of the stadium (or about $90MM). After 10 years I doubt he's paid off any of it

Now you are seeing a real push to drop the price and sell to anyone who will listen

Broncos have dropped from #6 in '06 to #10 in '09 ( #11 in '08,07) in Forbes . They are valued at 1.08B. 19 of the 32 teams are valued at 1.B or more and the Broncos are below average when compared to the NFL average of 1.113B .

I don't have proof but the fact that all new stadiums have some sort of PSL or luxury suites tells me that selling those are really critical to the financial strength of the team or at least the owner to pay his share unless his other ventures at doing well but I think the Broncos are Bowlen #1 revenue source

Beantown Bronco
07-02-2010, 07:52 AM
They are valued at 1.1B.

the Broncos are below average when compared to the NFL average of 1.1B .

Huh? How can these two statements be true?

Meck77
07-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Imagine being a club level owner and finding out Pat is now "giving" away those seats for almost 1/3 cost. Aren't club level seats normally $300+?

I'm in full support of the Broncos but Invesco has never been a sell out and that fact that we continue to call it one is BS. Yeah yeah I know club level doesn't count.

CEH
07-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Huh? How can these two statements be true?

Sorry actually Denver is valued at $1.08B. The NFL avergae is $1.13B due to Dallas/Wash/NE raising the bar

Kaylore
07-02-2010, 09:19 AM

:spit:

mj1569
07-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Imagine being a club level owner and finding out Pat is now "giving" away those seats for almost 1/3 cost. Aren't club level seats normally $300+?

I'm in full support of the Broncos but Invesco has never been a sell out and that fact that we continue to call it one is BS. Yeah yeah I know club level doesn't count.

Those seats are in the new family zone that was created this year. The Broncos converted sections 345, 346, 300 and 301 from club level to the family zone starting this year. The seats are in the former club seats area but no longer carry that distinction. Fans that sit in those sections are not able to access the club level lounges. The regular price for the 10 game package is $1,100 a seat so in my opinion the $625 is not all that bad if you are really wanting tickets to the games. You still get to sit in the wider padded seats and don't have to compete with alot of other people for bathrooms and concessions.

Meck77
07-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Those seats are in the new family zone that was created this year. The Broncos converted sections 345, 346, 300 and 301 from club level to the family zone starting this year. The seats are in the former club seats area but no longer carry that distinction. Fans that sit in those sections are not able to access the club level lounges. The regular price for the 10 game package is $1,100 a seat so in my opinion the $625 is not all that bad if you are really wanting tickets to the games. You still get to sit in the wider padded seats and don't have to compete with alot of other people for bathrooms and concessions.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. It certainly would have created some devaluation of club level seats otherwise.

Oh and welcome to the mane. 5 years is a long time for a first post! Don't suppose you work for the Broncos do you? Either way welcome and thanks for the info. $125 for a seat/being on the "club level"/and a family friendly atmosphere/smaller season packages seems like a great way to get new fans to the game.

Beantown Bronco
07-02-2010, 10:09 AM

And now for the downside, courtesy of denverbroncos.com:

Sections 300-301 and 345-346 are now being offered as Family Zone seating
opportunities where alcohol is not permitted or available for purchase.

mj1569
07-02-2010, 10:15 AM
I see. Thanks for clearing that up. It certainly would have created some devaluation of club level seats otherwise.

Oh and welcome to the mane. 5 years is a long time for a first post! Don't suppose you work for the Broncos do you? Either way welcome and thanks for the info. $125 for a seat/being on the "club level"/and a family friendly atmosphere/smaller season packages seems like a great way to get new fans to the game.

Thanks Meck. I've been a long time lurker. I enjoy reading the posts and seeing other people's views. And to answer your question, no I don't work for the Broncos. I am just a long time fan and season ticket holder living in Wichita, Kansas. I used to be in section 504 but upgraded to the family section this year. I now have 4 tickets in section 300, first row on the aisle. I initially had no intention of moving due to the $1,100 price but was contacted a couple of weeks ago by the ticket office and was offered these seats. Due to some bad experiences with drunk fans and always seeming to have opposing teams fans around me I decided to take the front row seats. It hurts the wallet but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Champagne Powder
07-02-2010, 10:18 AM
And now for the downside, courtesy of denverbroncos.com:

Sections 300-301 and 345-346 are now being offered as Family Zone seating
opportunities where alcohol is not permitted or available for purchase.

I like consuming alcohol, but the buzz does little to enhance Broncos games for me. Watching the Broncos play is a high that alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, crank, mushrooms and LSD can't compete with.

broncocalijohn
07-02-2010, 10:42 AM

It just isnt Broncos but all over. I have season tickets to the Anaheim Angels and last year I had seats in ****ing Club Level. Almost every game there were advertising $20 seats in my location while we paid $29 per ticket. When it came to renew those, I passed as I suspect many did.

Beantown Bronco
07-02-2010, 01:04 PM
It just isnt Broncos but all over. I have season tickets to the Anaheim Angels and last year I had seats in ****ing Club Level. Almost every game there were advertising $20 seats in my location while we paid $29 per ticket. When it came to renew those, I passed as I suspect many did.

$29 for Angels club level tix!?! Unreal. You can't even get last row of the friggin bleachers at Fenway for that kind of money.

mj1569
07-04-2010, 12:23 PM
I was hoping for more discussion on this topic. What are your opinions on this ticket package or the new family zone?

Broncojef
07-04-2010, 06:16 PM
I was hoping for more discussion on this topic. What are your opinions on this ticket package or the new family zone?

I think the ticket packages are OK but if they have free seats to do this promotion they should reevaluate whether or not they have seats to make them full blown seaston ticket seats. As for the family zone....I'll pass, there are enough sections already where you can't drop the F-bomb and kids sitting everywhere. I'd rather see the club level turn into an adults only area with scantily clad women serving large doses of alcohol. I bet I could sell out all the club level seats if you got rid of the tattle on your neighbor phone line and made the adult only area upstairs. I gave up my club seats cause the people are annoying and people seemed more interested in talking instead of yelling their asses off.