PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson to return to the Lakers next season

montrose
07-01-2010, 03:00 PM
http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/100701philjacksontoreturn.html

cutthemdown
07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
wow I am so happy. 3 peat baby!!!! Lebron can do what he wants to try and make a dynasty somewhere but hard to get better then lakers on a new team by next yr.

No way the Celtics they are too old and need to rebuild IMO.

LAKERS BABY!!!!!

Man-Goblin
07-01-2010, 03:15 PM
$ talks.

Smiling Assassin27
07-01-2010, 03:15 PM
roll out the balls, phil...

Kaylore
07-01-2010, 03:48 PM
**** the Lakers and their lazy, bandwagon "fans."

ohiobronco2
07-01-2010, 03:51 PM
:approve:

OBF1
07-01-2010, 03:55 PM

For a Mormon lad, you sure have a freeking potty mouth ROFL!

Mr.Meanie
07-01-2010, 03:58 PM

haters gonna hate

oubronco
07-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Woohoo!!!!

BMarsh615
07-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Phil Jackson is the most interesting man in sports history. He needs to do some movie where he just talks for two hours.

24champ
07-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Glad Phil is returning for one more year! :notworthy

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/172847/21jq2wy_medium.gif

Let's get another three peat!

http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/kobetrophies.jpg

crush17
07-01-2010, 04:43 PM
man I sure do hate those fools.

barryr
07-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Like there was any doubt. Jackson loves the spotlight. He's the Brett Favre of basketball. "Please kiss my ass to come back, even though I am anyway."

OABB
07-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Best news I've heard in a long time... Go lakers.

broncofan2438
07-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Man the offseason sucks. Screw the lakers

OABB
07-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Once again, laker haters show themselves to be a whiny and petulant little clan. Jesus it's embarrassing. Just get over it guys.

gunns
07-01-2010, 07:58 PM
What a shock. Like there's another NBA team with players that can bring Jackson another Championship.

Archer81
07-01-2010, 08:04 PM
http://tinyurl.com/6edefd

:Broncos:

R8R H8R
07-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Like there was any doubt. Jackson loves the spotlight. He's the Brett Favre of basketball. "Please kiss my ass to come back, even though I am anyway."

Yea right...except that it took exactly 2 weeks for him to make up his mind, after his Doctors appointments, just like he said after the season was over. Other than that, your comparison is spot on.
::)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-01-2010, 08:39 PM

No.

**** YOU, you ignorant, inbred toothless hick.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Once again, laker haters show themselves to be a whiny and petulant little clan. Jesus it's embarrassing. Just get over it guys.

This.

ZONA
07-01-2010, 09:41 PM

Yup. Exactly. One day soon though, he will retire, Kobe will retire and the Lakers are going to hit a very very long dry spell and all these fans in here will be no where to be found.

ZONA
07-01-2010, 09:44 PM
No.

**** YOU, you ignorant, inbred toothless hick.

Gee, why don't you let it get under your skin already, too funny.

OABB
07-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Yup. Exactly. One day soon though, he will retire, Kobe will retire and the Lakers are going to hit a very very long dry spell and all these fans in here will be no where to be found.

No doubt I would be hard for me, I'm not sure I know what it's like to back a loser. Tell me, does it get easier?

24champ
07-01-2010, 09:55 PM
No doubt I would be hard for me, I'm not sure I know what it's like to back a loser. Tell me, does it get easier?

I don't know what that's like either.Lakers made the playoffs virtually every year of their existance, missing 3 total I think.

Rabb
07-01-2010, 09:55 PM
man I sure do hate those fools.

it's the obnoxious and pompous fans that get me

OABB
07-01-2010, 09:56 PM
it's the obnoxious and pompous fans that get me

Try dealing with the nonfans and than get back to me.

Jason in LA
07-01-2010, 09:56 PM

Awesome.

Kaylore
07-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Awesome.

:haw!:

Rabb
07-01-2010, 10:05 PM

oh I believe it, everyone likes to hate, I get that and with all seriousness there are even several Laker fans here (you, Jason in McLA, cutthemdown) that don't fit that mold...and I mean that

but I absolutely agree with you that the Laker haters are probably complete jackasses to deal with as well....hell I remember how bad it was to be a Broncos fan when we were going to Super Bowls and eventually winning them

Did people hate on the Bulls as bad back in the winning days? Serious question, I just can't remember.

It's the fans that have to throw it in people's faces that they root for a team that has historically won a lot. Steelers, Yankees, etc. I hate that. Have a little pride and humility.

It's also the guy that if you ask him where he is from he says "Denver". Then you ask who his favorite teams are and he says "oh the Lakers, Yankees, Steelers and Avalanche". Come on.

ZONA
07-01-2010, 10:05 PM

You don't know what it's like to back a loser? So every team you love never loses, ever? Wow lucky you. You're cool factor just soared up higher in my book.

Kaylore
07-01-2010, 10:09 PM
You don't know what it's like to back a loser? So every team you love never loses, ever? Wow lucky you. You're cool factor just soared up higher in my book.

They're called bandwagon fans. They act non-committal and then once a team starts winning "they were always huge fans of the *******, brah!" And once that team goes through a lull they jump on board the next winning team.

OABB
07-01-2010, 10:09 PM
oh I believe it, everyone likes to hate, I get that and with all seriousness there are even several Laker fans here (you, Jason in McLA, cutthemdown) that don't fit that mold...and I mean that

but I absolutely agree with you that the Laker haters are probably complete jackasses to deal with as well....hell I remember how bad it was to be a Broncos fan when we were going to Super Bowls and eventually winning them

Did people hate on the Bulls as bad back in the winning days? Serious question, I just can't remember.

Damnit... Now you just made me remember how much I hated the bulls and 49ers when they won. I got so sick of them. I remember even thinking that if I backed a perennial winner I would root against them in order to keep the league interesting.... Lol. That's not gonna happen. I want the lakers to win 10 more. What a cock I am. Go lakers!

Jason in LA
07-01-2010, 10:10 PM

That's wishful thinking. The Lakers are never going to be bottom feeders because they will always be able to attract the top free agents. If Kobe retired today and the Lakers had the cap room LeBron would have already signed with them.

The Lakers did have one dry period. That was the 1990s. In that decade they made the playoffs 9 times, the conference finals twice, and the NBA finals once. That's better than a lot of teams best decades. Hell, that's just as good as the Suns best decade.

Sorry, but it's just not going to happen. When Kobe is done then within a couple of years they'll land another star player to take them to their next set of titles.

OABB
07-01-2010, 10:11 PM

Thanks! I am cool. But don't follow me too close as I don't want your loser stink to rub off on me.

Jason in LA
07-01-2010, 10:11 PM
:haw!:

:spit:

Rabb
07-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Damnit... Now you just made me remember how much I hated the bulls and 49ers when they won. I got so sick of them. I remember even thinking that if I backed a perennial winner I would root against them in order to keep the league interesting.... Lol. That's not gonna happen. I want the lakers to win 10 more. What a cock I am. Go lakers!

Oh I would be the same if the Nuggets were that good, I just wouldn't bash every single person I knew that was a fan of another team with the "yeah talk to me when you win X number of championships"

Broncos are a great example, I take GREAT pride in that I have been a fan through some bad years and some tremendously historic years and I am prepared to ride that wave until I die. The thing is though, had I ran my mouth off after 1998 to all my Charger fan pals, I would be feeling like quite an ass right about now...or the last 4 years for that matter. It all comes back around at some point.

That's what I mean when I say obnoxious and pompous, hell I want the Lakers to lose sometimes just to bring some of these spoiled fans back to earth.

Jason in LA
07-01-2010, 10:19 PM

To take my point from my last post a bit further. Showtime ended and the Lakers kept flaming out in the playoffs. After about 4 years of bad basketball (even though they were a playoff team it was still bad basketball to Lakers fans), they went out and signed Shaq. From what I remember there was no bidding war for Shaq. It wasn't like the LeBron sweepstakes. Shaq went straight to the Lakers and worked out a deal. He wasn't going to go to any other team.

That's because they are the Lakers. And Chris Bosh made a list of five teams he'd like to go to. The Lakers, who don't have the cap space to sign him, was on that list. He knows that the Lakers can't sign him, but he still put them on the list. Because they are the Lakers.

OABB
07-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Oh I would be the same if the Nuggets were that good, I just wouldn't bash every single person I knew that was a fan of another team with the "yeah talk to me when you win X number of championships"

Broncos are a great example, I take GREAT pride in that I have been a fan through some bad years and some tremendously historic years and I am prepared to ride that wave until I die. The thing is though, had I ran my mouth off after 1998 to all my Charger fan pals, I would be feeling like quite an ass right about now...or the last 4 years for that matter. It all comes back around at some point.

That's what I mean when I say obnoxious and pompous, hell I want the Lakers to lose sometimes just to bring some of these spoiled fans back to earth.

Every team has douchey fans and good ones. The thing that does it for me is if the team is full of ****.s. Like how can anyone root for the chargers or the raiders? Like if the saints won three superbowls I wouldn't be as sad than if the chargers won one.

The lakers outside of Kobe are very likeable I think.

24champ
07-01-2010, 10:47 PM
To take my point from my last post a bit further. Showtime ended and the Lakers kept flaming out in the playoffs. After about 4 years of bad basketball (even though they were a playoff team it was still bad basketball to Lakers fans), they went out and signed Shaq. From what I remember there was no bidding war for Shaq. It wasn't like the LeBron sweepstakes. Shaq went straight to the Lakers and worked out a deal. He wasn't going to go to any other team.

That's because they are the Lakers. And Chris Bosh made a list of five teams he'd like to go to. The Lakers, who don't have the cap space to sign him, was on that list. He knows that the Lakers can't sign him, but he still put them on the list. Because they are the Lakers.

Let me also add that the Lakers are like a fraternity. Once you are a member of the Lakers organization, you are part of a family. The Lakers always have former players that lobby current ones in the NBA to play for the Lakers. I am sure that appeals to Bosh.

We see Magic, Coop, Rick "Hollywood" Fox, The Logo, Kareem, Elgin Baylor, Rambis, Byron Scott, Big Game James all stick around and talk about the Lakers on a regular basis. We've seen players like Ron Artest, Karl Malone, Gary Payton and others turn down bigger contracts to play for the Lakers. Heck even Shaq wants to come back now.

No Frills
07-01-2010, 11:44 PM
This.

GAY-LORE is only 5 feet tall and was a music major in high school so cut him a little slack

cutthemdown
07-01-2010, 11:45 PM

No we all still loved them even through the Sedale Threat Vlade Divac Nick Van exel yrs. Lakers will be fine as long as Jerry Buss owns the team. At some point they get a star, then build around him. He was smart and got team to 1st, maybe 2nd market in country depending on how you look at it

No Frills
07-01-2010, 11:57 PM
They're called bandwagon fans. They act non-committal and then once a team starts winning "they were always huge fans of the *******, brah!" And once that team goes through a lull they jump on board the next winning team.

GAY-LORE, you haven't been on this board long enough to know **** you POS!

Killericon
07-02-2010, 12:00 AM
GAY-LORE is only 5 feet tall and was a music major in high school so cut him a little slack

You guys have Majors in High School? Weird.

OBF1
07-02-2010, 12:05 AM

Kinda of like when Malone and stockton retired..... wait, the biotch jazz never won a god damn thing... kinda like Zona's life, never won a damn thing.

Sorry girlfriend, but I have been a Laker fan for going on 40 years, unlike a number of the crappy Bronco fans that have already jumped ship, I am in it for life.... Just like my backing of my Broncos.

Please, try harder to show how much of a village idiot you have become. :thumbs:

24champ
07-02-2010, 12:08 AM

You just said in the NBA Thread that you are not even a big fan of the Suns or the NBA in general. :spit:

HAT
07-02-2010, 12:11 AM

Haha..Exactly.

No Frills
07-02-2010, 12:12 AM
**** the lakers and their lazy, bandwagon "fans."

**** gay-lore and his gay ass

OBF1
07-02-2010, 12:12 AM
You just said in the NBA Thread that you are not even a big fan of the Suns or the NBA in general. :spit:

She is a jizz'm fan !Booya!

But again the biotch can not stay out of a Laker's thread..... I think she has more than 1 closet to come out of, Laker envy

24champ
07-02-2010, 12:17 AM
She is a jizz'm fan !Booya!

But again the biotch can not stay out of a Laker's thread..... I think she has more than 1 closet to come out of, Laker envy

Pretty sure she is a Suns fan, I think it's AZBronco that is a jizz fan. Zona is definitely suffering from Laker envy. ROFL!

OBF1
07-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Any way you slice it, AZ fans have zero to cheer about. Come to the dark side kid's, there is still romm on the Laker's bandwagon :)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-02-2010, 12:43 AM
Any way you slice it, AZ fans have zero to cheer about. Come to the dark side kid's, there is still romm on the Laker's bandwagon :)

Nah - they get more kudos from like-minded folks here by being haters. Ha!

Kaylore
07-02-2010, 01:45 AM

http://psmc.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/rep__edvard_munch___the_scream_oil_painting__art_p rints.jpg

Kaylore
07-02-2010, 01:56 AM
....And the Lakers and their rapist-worshiping fans suck. ;D

24champ
07-02-2010, 01:57 AM
....And the Lakers and their rapist-worshiping fans suck. ;D

http://img2.pict.com/07/a1/42/1561970/0/lolumad.jpg

UberBroncoMan
07-02-2010, 03:00 AM
I think what Kaylore was trying to say is that the vast majority of Lakers fans are like Chargers fans. They vanish when their team sucks and are everywhere and full of **** talk when they are winning. There's always devoted fans to every team regardless of how bad they are doing at some point... and since this is a sports related forum obviously you're going to find more dedicated people on here. I happen to agree with Kaylore in relation to the overall fan base.

Kaylore
07-02-2010, 07:50 AM
I think what Kaylore was trying to say is that the vast majority of Lakers fans are like Chargers fans. They vanish when their team sucks and are everywhere and full of **** talk when they are winning. There's always devoted fans to every team regardless of how bad they are doing at some point... and since this is a sports related forum obviously you're going to find more dedicated people on here. I happen to agree with Kaylore in relation to the overall fan base.

That...and the Lakers are made of poo.:curtsey:

On a more serious note. I think dynasty's are bad for sports. Yankees and Red Sox, Celtics and Lakers, Colts and Patriots. Same old, same old. ZZZ...

gunns
07-02-2010, 08:04 AM

YOU would know this how?

And obviously you haven't either

HAT
07-02-2010, 09:26 AM
That...and the Lakers are made of poo.:curtsey:

On a more serious note. I think dynasty's are bad for sports. Yankees and Red Sox, Celtics and Lakers, Colts and Patriots. Same old, same old. ZZZ...

Red Sox...Not a dynasty
Indy.....Not a dynasty

And unless your talking about the 60's....Celtics neither.

Rabb
07-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Red Sox...Not a dynasty
Indy.....Not a dynasty

And unless your talking about the 60's....Celtics neither.

seriously?

They won 2 titles in the 70's and 3 in the 80's and I think had 2 other Finals appearances in the 80's

sorry, I know you are a Lakers guy but you are misguided on that one...and I am not even Celtics fan

HAT
07-02-2010, 10:06 AM
seriously?

They won 2 titles in the 70's and 3 in the 80's and I think had 2 other Finals appearances in the 80's

sorry, I know you are a Lakers guy but you are misguided on that one...and I am not even Celtics fan

Well...I guess we just have different definitions of the term.

In the NBA, I don't think winning it all 2 out of 3 years qualifies as a dynasty? (The C's 70's)

I also don't think there is such a thing as 'co-dynasties'....Which is why I really don't consider the 80's Lakers one either even though they won 5 that decade. I guess if I had to pick it would be the Lakes because at least they sustained it when another team came along to challenge the Lakers/Celtics dominance (Detroit)