PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James - Where does he go?

hookemhess
06-30-2010, 10:51 PM
I'd like to see him stay in Cleveland, but I don't think there is a chance at this point. I'm going with Chicago.

Jerry Curl
06-30-2010, 10:56 PM
LeBron and Bosh go to the Bulls, proceed to win multiple titles.

SouthStndJunkie
06-30-2010, 10:57 PM
I hope LeBron stays in Cleveland.

SouthStndJunkie
06-30-2010, 10:58 PM
I'd like to see him stay in Cleveland, but I don't think there is a chance at this point. I'm going with Chicago.

I think the odds of him coming back to Cleveland are better than you think.

Jerry Curl
06-30-2010, 11:01 PM
He'll stay in Cleveland if he wants to top K. Malone as greatest to never win a title. They haven't put a good group around him in 7 years, why stay? Almost averages a triple-double but yet his team is eliminated in the playoffs.

ZONA
06-30-2010, 11:13 PM
He's going to NY. They have been dumping contracts for 2 years now just for this. He loves NY and he'll be in the largest media market there is. They have tons of cash, their own celebs who go to the games and they already have some very nice young players in place. If they can add Amare or Bosh to go with him, watch out.

Killericon
06-30-2010, 11:52 PM
He'll stay in Cleveland if he wants to top K. Malone as greatest to never win a title. They haven't put a good group around him in 7 years, why stay? Almost averages a triple-double but yet his team is eliminated in the playoffs.

That happens to every playoff team but one every year.

The Cavs not putting a squad together hasn't been due to lack of trying, I'll tell you that much.

Jerry Curl
07-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Exactly what I was saying...he won't be that final team if he stays in Cleveland and he wants rings.

colonelbeef
07-01-2010, 05:29 AM
I have the worst feeling that he ends up with Jay-Z and the Nets.

Signed,

about to be disappointed knicks fan

peacepipe
07-01-2010, 06:06 AM
if he really wants to win a championship he goes to chicago or miami. if he's worried about his "brand" he'll go to NY.

OrangeCrush2724
07-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Miami

ohiobronco2
07-01-2010, 07:31 AM
He won't go to New York unless it's with another star. They really have nothing to offer. The man is a global icon, endorsements are not going to be much if any better in New York. The Cavaliers have a much better roster than the Knicks currently. Hell, the only good player they have is David Lee.

Mountain Bronco
07-01-2010, 07:41 AM
He's going to NY. They have been dumping contracts for 2 years now just for this. He loves NY and he'll be in the largest media market there is. They have tons of cash, their own celebs who go to the games and they already have some very nice young players in place. If they can add Amare or Bosh to go with him, watch out.

Kindly inform us who their nice young players are in NY?????

The cavs have a better roster than NY.

Chicago or Miami are the front runners at this point.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-01-2010, 08:13 AM

He wouldn't come to NY without another star, but read my post in the Bron/Bosh "done deal" thread. Gallonari is one of the best shooters in the NBA (and only 21), Wilson Chandler proved a great shooter last year (and a very capable number 4 (if the knicks were to bring in Bosh/Bron), and they also have Toney Douglas who shot just under 40 percent from 3 last year. Not to mention, they have Eddy Curry's deal coming off the books next season which could help land Tony Parker, Chris Paul, Carmelo....Brons future would be very bright in NYC if he decided to go

SonOfLe-loLang
07-01-2010, 08:14 AM

By the way, Miami's current roster consists of two players

cousinal11
07-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Cleveland. No doubt.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-01-2010, 09:15 AM

Hmmm....that same group was good enough to finish with the league's best record the past two years in a row. To bad LeChoke decided to quit on them in the playoffs.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-01-2010, 09:17 AM
if he really wants to win a championship he goes to chicago or miami. if he's worried about his "brand" he'll go to NY.

Or he'll stay in Cleveland if he's all about the Benjamins.

Last I checked, the Cavs can still offer the highest salary.

Jerry Curl
07-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Having a good regular season team isn't the same as a good playoff team. When a team comes in for a night LeBron can own them because they're, most likely, not keying on LeBron. I wouldn't say he choked, he almost averaged a triple-double and they still got eliminated, he just had nobody to pick up the slack in the 7 game series...

ohiobronco2
07-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Having a good regular season team isn't the same as a good playoff team. When a team comes in for a night LeBron can own them because they're, most likely, not keying on LeBron. I wouldn't say he choked, he almost averaged a triple-double and they still got eliminated, he just had nobody to pick up the slack in the 7 game series...

Don't argue with him. It's a waste of your time. You are correct. He has a solid team around him, but no spectacular. Anybody with any basketball knowlegde knows this. Lebron is the reason why the Cavs went 6 against the Celtics. Mo rarely showed up, Shaq was a major disappointment and KG had his way against Jamison the whole series. Mike Brown couldn't make an adjustment to save his life was luckily fired. The next coach can't be as bad.

oubronco
07-01-2010, 09:49 AM
He'll stay in Cleveland where he can make the most money

BMF Bronco
07-01-2010, 10:00 AM
I hope he goes to the Bulls to live in the shadow of MJ and to show him that he cannot hold MJ's jock

colonelbeef
07-01-2010, 10:14 AM
He won't go to New York unless it's with another star. They really have nothing to offer. The man is a global icon, endorsements are not going to be much if any better in New York. The Cavaliers have a much better roster than the Knicks currently. Hell, the only good player they have is David Lee.

1.The Cavs' roster is way overrated. Without LeBron they are a 30 win team, just like, gasp, the knicks.

2.He will absolutely be more visible on The Knicks. Just ask Derek Jeter how playing for the Yankees has helped his career.

3. Gallinari is the next Dirk, and Chandler is a decent swingman. Beyond all of that, however, is the fact that the knicks can add TWO max free agents this year, and have an extremely attractive chip to trade in Eddy Curry, whose salary comes off next year. If they can't trade that contract, guess what- The Knicks can use his expiring money to sign a 3rd max player next year if they want to.

Knicks have a lot more going for them than people in the Midwest want to admit. Still probably wont be enough though

SonOfLe-loLang
07-01-2010, 10:41 AM
1.The Cavs' roster is way overrated. Without LeBron they are a 30 win team, just like, gasp, the knicks.

2.He will absolutely be more visible on The Knicks. Just ask Derek Jeter how playing for the Yankees has helped his career.

3. Gallinari is the next Dirk, and Chandler is a decent swingman. Beyond all of that, however, is the fact that the knicks can add TWO max free agents this year, and have an extremely attractive chip to trade in Eddy Curry, whose salary comes off next year. If they can't trade that contract, guess what- The Knicks can use his expiring money to sign a 3rd max player next year if they want to.

Knicks have a lot more going for them than people in the Midwest want to admit. Still probably wont be enough though

Next year's player wouldnt be a max, but you could sign someone for like 10-11 mil

HAT
07-01-2010, 11:13 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wUBB1lOLD6k&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wUBB1lOLD6k&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

kappys
07-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Is there an actual cap on salary for an NBA team or do they just have to pay off the progressively higher luxury tax for exceeding the limit? If its the latter I bet Lebron demands to play with 2 other stars and will test the waters to see which owner will give him what he wants

GreatBronco16
07-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Where is the he's over-rated and will never win a title no matter where he goes option?

ohiobronco2
07-01-2010, 01:05 PM

I agree. They aren't great. Shaq is old and slow. Jamison and Mo are decent, not spectacular. Don't know which team would be better if you took away LeBron. I'd still give the edge to the Cavs.

Derek Jeter has been very successful with the endorsements he's received, but while he's a star, he's not LeBron. LeBron is top 2 in the NBA. Derek, while a solid player and a Yankee Captain, probably isn't even the best shortstop in baseball. LeBron doesn't have to leave Cleveland to get big endorsement deals. He had a $100 million dollar sneaker contract before entering the league, he doesn't need NY. Also, I believe that the Cavs are partially owned by a Chinese company. Nothing better than being advertised to 1 billion people.

I don't know much about Gallinari (He's got big shoes to fill being compared to Dirk) or Chandler, have to take your word for it. They would have to add a guy like Bosh to make it worth his consideration.
Knicks have a lot more going for them than people in the Midwest want to admit. Still probably wont be enough though.

Cool Breeze
07-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Is there an actual cap on salary for an NBA team or do they just have to pay off the progressively higher luxury tax for exceeding the limit? If its the latter I bet Lebron demands to play with 2 other stars and will test the waters to see which owner will give him what he wants

dollar for dollar tax
10 mil over cap = 10 mil tax

Drek
07-01-2010, 02:02 PM
dollar for dollar tax
10 mil over cap = 10 mil tax

But once under the cap a team can't push themselves over it without using one of a handful of exception rules, primarily the "Larry Bird" rule where a team can exceed the cap as needed to retain their own guy (at least three years with the team) and the mid-level exemption.

My darkhorse for 'Bron: The Celtics. Both Allen and Pierce are off the books, Wallace is going to retire so his contract will go away too. The C's will then be at ~$35M with Garnett, Rondo, Perkins, and Davis signed, and 21M to play with. Hand $17M of it to LeBron, use the remaining $4M plus the mid-level exemption to scoop up a solid big and a shooter along with a bunch of vet minimum types.

LeBron gets to play with a great pass first PG and a future HOF that won't take the star power away from him. When Perkins is healthy he and Davis offer a good tandem to keep physical players off James as well. Bringing back Allen on a lower value deal or getting someone like J.J. Reddick would be all that they need to have a nice starting six.

And in two years when KG's deal expires the C's can go out and buy another big piece to keep the title push going with 'Bron and Rondo as the core.

ColoradoBuff
07-01-2010, 02:30 PM
espn just reported that the meeting with the Nets went "tremendous"....

chadfordinsider:
Source says Nets' meeting with LeBron was "tremendous". How tremendous? "Front runner tremendous" http://es.pn/9Iv9fn (http://es.pn/9Iv9fn)

OBF1
07-01-2010, 03:01 PM
You missed the, "Who in the hell cares" option..... Just sayin

Lolad
07-01-2010, 03:16 PM
The media is hyping this Lebron/Bosh combo. If Lebron was smart he would call Amare and ask him to come with him. Believe it or not Amare is the 3rd best option behind Lebron and Wade in FA and they aren't even talking about him.

Bosh does not deserve a max contract. If he goes with Lebron he needs to take a pay cut. The best possible but least likely scenario would be for Lebron to go to Miami. Take Amare with him with all 3 taking pay cuts so they can pick up CP3 next year.

The NBA is no longer about the love of the game. Lebron should take the league minimum for 1-2 years and play with Wade.

Jerry Curl
07-01-2010, 04:27 PM
But once under the cap a team can't push themselves over it without using one of a handful of exception rules, primarily the "Larry Bird" rule where a team can exceed the cap as needed to retain their own guy (at least three years with the team) and the mid-level exemption.

My darkhorse for 'Bron: The Celtics. Both Allen and Pierce are off the books, Wallace is going to retire so his contract will go away too. The C's will then be at ~$35M with Garnett, Rondo, Perkins, and Davis signed, and 21M to play with. Hand $17M of it to LeBron, use the remaining $4M plus the mid-level exemption to scoop up a solid big and a shooter along with a bunch of vet minimum types.

LeBron gets to play with a great pass first PG and a future HOF that won't take the star power away from him. When Perkins is healthy he and Davis offer a good tandem to keep physical players off James as well. Bringing back Allen on a lower value deal or getting someone like J.J. Reddick would be all that they need to have a nice starting six.

And in two years when KG's deal expires the C's can go out and buy another big piece to keep the title push going with 'Bron and Rondo as the core.

Yeah, but both will be resigned. Pierce turned down 22 million this year so he could restructure before the new CBA and be a Celtic for life and Doc coming back pretty much means Ray will be back.

I think it's also way to premature to call Gallinari the next Dirk, kid has potential but c'mon now.

Amare better than Bosh? Psh, have you ever seen Amare play defense or rebound like he/a big man should? Yeah, nobody else has either.

Also it's gonna be funny to see how many teams has 'tremendous', 'awesome', 'best meetings ever', etc. Knicks and Nets are already saying they both felt great, what else are they gonna say? "The meeting went horrible, we have no chance at LeBron but thanks!"...no.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-01-2010, 04:42 PM
The media is hyping this Lebron/Bosh combo. If Lebron was smart he would call Amare and ask him to come with him. Believe it or not Amare is the 3rd best option behind Lebron and Wade in FA and they aren't even talking about him.

Bosh does not deserve a max contract. If he goes with Lebron he needs to take a pay cut. The best possible but least likely scenario would be for Lebron to go to Miami. Take Amare with him with all 3 taking pay cuts so they can pick up CP3 next year.

The NBA is no longer about the love of the game. Lebron should take the league minimum for 1-2 years and play with Wade.

Id rather have bosh than Amar'e any day. He's not all that efficient as a rebounder, doesn't play D, doesn't quite have the midrange game Bosh does. Bosh would be a great number 2 for Bron.

ohiobronco2
07-01-2010, 07:30 PM
You missed the, "Who in the hell cares" option..... Just sayin

You cared enough to post in this thread. Just sayin.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Don't argue with him. It's a waste of your time. You are correct. He has a solid team around him, but no spectacular. Anybody with any basketball knowlegde knows this. Lebron is the reason why the Cavs went 6 against the Celtics. Mo rarely showed up, Shaq was a major disappointment and KG had his way against Jamison the whole series. Mike Brown couldn't make an adjustment to save his life was luckily fired. The next coach can't be as bad.

Ha ha ha! :rofl:

What a joke.

All season long, all we heard was how LeStats now had the supporting cast to win it all and how the Cavs were the favorites to win the title.

Then, after LeStats chokes in the playoffs and quits on his team, LBJ ball washers do a 180 and blame it on the supporting cast.

cutthemdown
07-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Anyone who thinks so put together team with tons of new stars will be better then the Lakers or even maybe the Nuggets is kidding themselves.

Lebron if he wants great chance to win next yr should stay in Ohio. If he figures it could take a yr to gell then maybe.

Even Lakers with Gasol didn't gell right away. All star teams are great but you better also have a great coach. Riley could do it.

ohiobronco2
07-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Ha ha ha! :rofl:

What a joke.

All season long, all we heard was how LeStats now had the supporting cast to win it all and how the Cavs were the favorites to win the title.

Then, after LeStats chokes in the playoffs and quits on his team, LBJ ball washers do a 180 and blame it on the supporting cast.

Looks like you plan on ruining another thread with your stupidity. LeStats....Go play in traffic.

BroncoMatt
07-01-2010, 08:41 PM
I think Chicago but I hope its the Knicks. Regardless of how bad the Knicks have been MSG is the biggest stage and it would be good for the game for the biggest star to play there.

Kaylore
07-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Lebron is better than Kobe hands down.

And Laker fans suck. And so does their rapist hero.

ZONA
07-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Or he'll stay in Cleveland if he's all about the Benjamins.

Last I checked, the Cavs can still offer the highest salary.

Yeah, but it's easy to do a sign and trade. It works for James because he can get the max, and the Cavs get something back.

strafen
07-01-2010, 09:12 PM
I'd like to see him stay in Cleveland, but I don't think there is a chance at this point. I'm going with Chicago.It appears that he stands to make the most money with Cleveland.
Cleveland signed Byron Scott as their new head coach.
we'll see wjat LeBron does...

ZONA
07-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah, but both will be resigned. Pierce turned down 22 million this year so he could restructure before the new CBA and be a Celtic for life and Doc coming back pretty much means Ray will be back.

I think it's also way to premature to call Gallinari the next Dirk, kid has potential but c'mon now.

Amare better than Bosh? Psh, have you ever seen Amare play defense or rebound like he/a big man should? Yeah, nobody else has either.

Also it's gonna be funny to see how many teams has 'tremendous', 'awesome', 'best meetings ever', etc. Knicks and Nets are already saying they both felt great, what else are they gonna say? "The meeting went horrible, we have no chance at LeBron but thanks!"...no.

Anybody looking to land Amare isn't looking for him to be your defensive stopper. He can rebound decent but again, the team that goes and gets Amare, puts him with a good center who will be the defensive stopper and reounder. You get Amare for one thing only and we all know what that is and not many guys can do it better. Obviously Bosh has the higher value. He's younger and hasn't had micro on his knees or eye surgery either. Amare's already had 1 max deal and although he could get another, I don't think it's going to be the long max type of deal. Probably max money but for a shorter term, like 4 or 5 years. No way do I see anybody giving him a max deal for 6-8 years. Not gonna happen.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Looks like you plan on ruining another thread with your stupidity. LeStats....Go play in traffic.

This from a hater dipsh*t who did his utmost to spew hate on the main NBA thread all throughout the playoffs (and especially when the Lakers won the title?)

Go piss up a rope, clown.

No Frills
07-01-2010, 10:32 PM
lebron is better than kobe hands down.

And laker fans suck. And so does their rapist hero.

gaylore are you a raidud fan?

mr007
07-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Lebron is better than Kobe hands down.

And Laker fans suck. And so does their rapist hero.

The only thing Lebron has on Kobe is size and over all freakish athletic ability.... the ONLY thing.

This is coming from someone who has a general disdain for Kobe and the Lakers. I'm sorry, Kobe can post, has a jump shot, is a legit 3-pt threat, and is great on D. LeBron simply isn't there yet.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-01-2010, 11:45 PM
The only thing Lebron has on Kobe is size and over all freakish athletic ability.... the ONLY thing.

This is coming from someone who has a general disdain for Kobe and the Lakers. I'm sorry, Kobe can post, has a jump shot, is a legit 3-pt threat, and is great on D. LeBron simply isn't there yet.

Gaylore = pwned. :thumbs:

Kaylore
07-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Lakers Suck!

Lakers Suck!

Lakers fans have small weiners.

Lolad
07-02-2010, 07:51 AM

I don't understand the perception that Kobe has a post game. He does NOT! He never has had a post game. Kobe is a perimeter shooter, definitely better than Lebron in that apsect.

What Lebron has over Kobe is finishing strong at the basket. Lebron forgot that part of his game after 3 years in the league and now he wants to prove to everybody that he has a jumper. Hilarious!

SonOfLe-loLang
07-02-2010, 09:00 AM

This is beyond untrue. Lebron is the best driver/finisher this game has seen in a long time (since Jordan). He's already one of the best passing forwards ever, and next to Dwight Howard, probably the best defender in the league. Kobe has a nicer stroke than Bron, but if you ask me, its the only part of his game that is better. LeBron's team is garbage. If Lebron went 6 for 24 in game 7, his team loses by 20. Kobe's team, led by Gasol, found away to overcome his horrid game. Anyone who thinks LeBron is overrated has never watched him play. Absurd. And he hasn't even reached his "prime" yet.

Maximus
07-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Lebron leaving Cleveland is all hype just like the rest of his career. He's staying and he'll keep on losing!!!

ohiobronco2
07-02-2010, 09:43 AM
This from a hater dipsh*t who did his utmost to spew hate on the main NBA thread all throughout the playoffs (and especially when the Lakers won the title?)

Go piss up a rope, clown.

I don't know what you are so upset about. I mean, sure you were exposed as a cry baby, even going as far as claiming the NBA had a conspiracy against the Lakers. The Lakers have been cheated at the FT line and that is why the other team is winning. Boo hoo. However, when the Lakers win and have the FT advantage the Lakers are the better team. ROFL!. I mean, it couldn't have been other factors. I bet you don't look at final scores, you just check the box score to see FTs and you know who wins and loses based off that Ha!. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I don't hate the Lakers, just moronic Laker fans like yourself. Make me a Bicycle clown.

ohiobronco2
07-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Lebron leaving Cleveland is all hype just like the rest of his career. He's staying and he'll keep on losing!!!

Time will tell. LeBron may change his address, but no matter where he goes he will still be the best in the NBA.

FADERPROOF
07-02-2010, 01:11 PM
He's coming back to Cleveland...everyone who says otherwise is just buying ESPN's spin machine.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-02-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't know what you are so upset about. I mean, sure you were exposed as a cry baby, even going as far as claiming the NBA had a conspiracy against the Lakers.

You're still completely full of sh_t, I see.

I pointed out the fact that the Lakers entered the finals with a FTA differential of -91 for the 2010 playoffs.

Instead of venturing an explanation for this amazing differential, you (and other unthinking idiots and haters like you) simply attacked anyone who brought this stat up with the usual "quit blaming the refs" and "you're just a conspiracy nut," etc.

Your response was more of the same when I noted that the Suns were >+20 in FTA in two of their home games, and that in one of those instances, the FTAs were the difference in the game.

Funny how a guy who claims to harbor no ill feelings for the Lakers and who claims to be impartial would get his panties in a wad when someone points those kinds of stats out.

In any case, watching you bend over backwards to deny something that's plain as day makes for good comedy, so keep it up, jackass. :wave:

ohiobronco2
07-02-2010, 08:54 PM

http://reprog.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/orly_owl.jpg

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2851219&postcount=1389

So let me get this straight. You aren't claiming that the fix was in in the thread above. "The league wants to extend the series." Yeah, you didn't believe that the league had a conspiracy against the Lakers. LOL

I pointed out the fact that the Lakers entered the finals with a FTA differential of -91 for the 2010 playoffs.

And during the finals they shot 51 more FT's than the Celtics. I guess the fix was in and the league wanted the Celtics to lose. Hilarious! While I thought the officiating did change during game 7 (they were letting them play earlier and called fouls late), it didn't decide the outcome. The Lakers just played more agressively down the stretch.

Instead of venturing an explanation for this amazing differential, you (and other unthinking idiots and haters like you) simply attacked anyone who brought this stat up with the usual "quit blaming the refs" and "you're just a conspiracy nut," etc.

There is only one theory I could come up with as to why the Suns and OKC got to the FT line more often than the Lakers. I think it had everything to do with their style of play. OKC is a very young and athletic team. Westbrook, Green and Durant gave everyone who guarded them fits. The Suns, while an older team, played up tempo during the series with the Lakers. Oh and BTW, during the reg season, the Thunder shot the 3rd most FT a game and the Suns were tied for 8th while the Lakers were 17th. Wait, the Celtics were 10th and some how LA had more FT's than them.HMMMMMMMM. You may be on to something, the fix was in, but it wasn't against the Lakers, it was for them in the finals. ::)

Your response was more of the same when I noted that the Suns were >+20 in FTA in two of their home games, and that in one of those instances, the FTAs were the difference in the game.

Funny how a guy who claims to harbor no ill feelings for the Lakers and who claims to be impartial would get his panties in a wad when someone points those kinds of stats out.

I just like making you look like an idiot. Not like you don't do a good enough job of that yourself.

In any case, watching you bend over backwards to deny something that's plain as day makes for good comedy, so keep it up, jackass. :wave:

Drek
07-02-2010, 09:24 PM

I think the reason for that differential is pretty self evident, and I didn't even watch the lakers much last year.

Gasol, Odom, etc. are generally lazy defenders who use fouls to bail themselves out instead of banging bodies with capable post players. The only upper tier guys on the Lakers who have any real defensive wherewithal are Bryant (who typically is asked to play the weakest matchup so he can focus on carrying the team offensively) and Ron Artest, who often gets himself too wound up and ends up committing some extra fouls there.

They're an undisciplined team defensively. They've gotten away with it for years, as have all Phil Jackson coached teams (because since Chicago he's always made sure he had the marquee players on his team before he'd sign). And that ultimately is what the NBA is, no matter how much David Stern or anyone else wants to argue to the contrary. Its a special rules league where the stars and the guys running a hot hand get away with all kinds of **** no one else would.

In baseball a rookie can't expect a 100% fair strike zone if he tries to watch a borderline strike on a 3-2 count against Johan Santana or Roy Halladay. In the NFL the definition of roughing the passer varies pretty greatly depending on if your QB is named Tom Brady/Peyton Manning or pretty much anything but one of those two. It happens in every sport, the NBA just happens to be a sport where it doesn't just play a role in some games with controversial calls, it plays a role in EVERY game.

azbroncfan
07-02-2010, 09:35 PM
He's coming back to Cleveland...everyone who says otherwise is just buying ESPN's spin machine.

I have a hard time believing that he is going to bail Cleveland after building that stupidly big house he just finish a year or two ago.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-02-2010, 10:22 PM
There is only one theory I could come up with as to why the Suns and OKC got to the FT line more often than the Lakers.

This single sentence does more to sum up your skewed POV re: the Lakers more than all of the rest of your hot air combined. LOL

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-02-2010, 10:27 PM
I think the reason for that differential is pretty self evident, and I didn't even watch the lakers much last year.

Gasol, Odom, etc. are generally lazy defenders who use fouls to bail themselves out instead of banging bodies with capable post players. The only upper tier guys on the Lakers who have any real defensive wherewithal are Bryant (who typically is asked to play the weakest matchup so he can focus on carrying the team offensively) and Ron Artest, who often gets himself too wound up and ends up committing some extra fouls there.

They're an undisciplined team defensively. They've gotten away with it for years, as have all Phil Jackson coached teams (because since Chicago he's always made sure he had the marquee players on his team before he'd sign). And that ultimately is what the NBA is, no matter how much David Stern or anyone else wants to argue to the contrary. Its a special rules league where the stars and the guys running a hot hand get away with all kinds of **** no one else would.

In baseball a rookie can't expect a 100% fair strike zone if he tries to watch a borderline strike on a 3-2 count against Johan Santana or Roy Halladay. In the NFL the definition of roughing the passer varies pretty greatly depending on if your QB is named Tom Brady/Peyton Manning or pretty much anything but one of those two. It happens in every sport, the NBA just happens to be a sport where it doesn't just play a role in some games with controversial calls, it plays a role in EVERY game.

Um, how does any of this address the issue, i.e., that the Lakers entered the finals -91 in FTA for the 2010 playoffs?

In case you're new to basketball, that stat means the Lakers got to the free throw line 91 less times than their opponents in the playoffs.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-02-2010, 11:33 PM
ohiobronco2 exposed: Ha!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VVLnwFclg10&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VVLnwFclg10&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ohiobronco2
07-03-2010, 05:13 AM
This single sentence does more to sum up your skewed POV re: the Lakers more than all of the rest of your hot air combined. LOL

This is what you choose to respond to after all I posted above. LA BRONCOS FAN. OWNED.

ohiobronco2
07-03-2010, 05:14 AM
ohiobronco2 exposed: Ha!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VVLnwFclg10&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VVLnwFclg10&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

You wanna know how I know that I own you?

rmsanger
07-03-2010, 06:58 AM
I thought it goes... You know how I know you're gay?

azbroncfan
07-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Um, how does any of this address the issue, i.e., that the Lakers entered the finals -91 in FTA for the 2010 playoffs?

In case you're new to basketball, that stat means the Lakers got to the free throw line 91 less times than their opponents in the playoffs.

LA was in bottom half of the league in FTA's during regular season and OKC and Phoenix got there in the tops of the league. That carried into the playoffs too I don't think it had anything to do with the refs out to get LA.

ohiobronco2
07-03-2010, 07:58 AM
I thought it goes... You know how I know you're gay?

ROFL! It does. Just tweaked it to make it work. He very well may be gay though. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Maximus
07-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Time will tell. LeBron may change his address, but no matter where he goes he will still be the best in the NBA.

To be the best you have to beat the best ( Whooo!!! Rick Flair ). That means that Kobe and his 4 horsemen are the best! When Jordan beat Magic Johnson's Lakers in the championship. He took the torch! All this Lebron is the best in the game stuff is premature.

ohiobronco2
07-03-2010, 04:06 PM
To be the best you have to beat the best ( Whooo!!! Rick Flair ). That means that Kobe and his 4 horsemen are the best! When Jordan beat Magic Johnson's Lakers in the championship. He took the torch! All this Lebron is the best in the game stuff is premature.

I can live with 1A and 1B. :approve: What you posted above is a fair assessment. I do believe that the torch will be passed. Time will tell.

FADERPROOF
07-03-2010, 06:28 PM
I can live with 1A and 1B. :approve: What you posted above is a fair assessment. I do believe that the torch will be passed. Time will tell.

According to former Laker Magic Johnson, it already has been.