PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Shopping Vincent Jackson

bronco militia
06-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Bears among teams interested in Vincent Jackson
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 30, 2010 12:22 PM ET
We're only surprised that every NFL team isn't considering making a run at Vincent Jackson.

The Chargers sound oddly open to dealing the big play threat, and ESPN's Adam Schefter has identified at least three teams discussing going after Jackson. We knew about the Redskins and Seahawks. Schefter adds the Bears to the mix.

The Bears talked all offseason about how much they love their receiver group, but Jay Cutler could use a physical, alpha dog to throw to. That's where the union stops making sense.

Jackson doesn't fit the profile of a typical Mike Martz receiver and Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo said previously he's out of the business of trading away future draft picks.

Jackson will inevitably cost a high pick or two in addition to another monster contract. Angelo and Lovie Smith are going for broke in what could be their last year together, but doesn't ownership draw the line financially somewhere?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/30/bears-among-teams-interested-in-vincent-jackson/

Br0nc0Buster
06-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Bears among teams interested in Vincent Jackson
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 30, 2010 12:22 PM ET
We're only surprised that every NFL team isn't considering making a run at Vincent Jackson.

The Chargers sound oddly open to dealing the big play threat, and ESPN's Adam Schefter has identified at least three teams discussing going after Jackson. We knew about the Redskins and Seahawks. Schefter adds the Bears to the mix.

The Bears talked all offseason about how much they love their receiver group, but Jay Cutler could use a physical, alpha dog to throw to. That's where the union stops making sense.

Jackson doesn't fit the profile of a typical Mike Martz receiver and Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo said previously he's out of the business of trading away future draft picks.

Jackson will inevitably cost a high pick or two in addition to another monster contract. Angelo and Lovie Smith are going for broke in what could be their last year together, but doesn't ownership draw the line financially somewhere?

bwhahaha
yeah trading high draft picks for the league leader in turnovers will do that to you

gunns
06-30-2010, 12:20 PM
They want a high 1st or 2 seconds? Kiss my what

And KFFL is reporting the Broncos are interested but doubt that SD will trade to a divisional opponent. Also the Redskins are interested.

bronco militia
06-30-2010, 12:26 PM
he's no worse than b-marsh, plus he may give the broncos a home town discount;D

Requiem
06-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the Broncos are interested after what they did with receivers in the draft.

broncosteven
06-30-2010, 12:28 PM

And KFFL is reporting the Broncos are interested but doubt that SD will trade to a divisional opponent. Also the Redskins are interested.

Why would the Broncos replace one problem child with another? Anyway Jackson would be wasted with Ortons arm he is more of a down field WR and Orton has trouble throwing the fly's and deep out/in's that Jackson is so dangerous at running.

bronco militia
06-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Why would the Broncos replace one problem child with another? Anyway Jackson would be wasted with Ortons arm he is more of a down field WR and Orton has trouble throwing the fly's and deep out/in's that Jackson is so dangerous at running.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0101/ncf_g_tebow1_sw_600.jpg

:wave:

Blueflame
06-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Hasn't Jackson already had 2 DUI arrests? One would think the possibility of another arrest (and league sanctions, meaning possible game suspensions) could be making other teams think twice about him, especially if the price tag is too high on top of it.

broncosteven
06-30-2010, 12:46 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0101/ncf_g_tebow1_sw_600.jpg

:wave:

Too bad we never got to see 15 throwing to 15...if you know what I mean.

gyldenlove
06-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Hasn't Jackson already had 2 DUI arrests? One would think the possibility of another arrest (and league sanctions, meaning possible game suspensions) could be making other teams think twice about him, especially if the price tag is too high on top of it.

I thought it was 3.

gtown
06-30-2010, 01:20 PM
If anyone could go up and snag Cutler's misfires, it would be Vincent Jackson. That guy almost single-handedly made Marmalard look good in SD.

boltaneer
06-30-2010, 01:20 PM
I thought it was 3.

It's two.

They're not going to give him away. His situation and his value is almost identical to Marshall. It's going to be a 1st or two 2nds or something of that value.

They're not going to trade him in division.

But I don't think they'll trade him but this is a good way to start a bidding war for him. If someone comes up with an offer they can't refuse, then I can see him being traded.

Flex Gunmetal
06-30-2010, 01:27 PM

2 DUI's and 1 driving under revocation (DUR).
DURs are just as serious legally as DUIs.

Pontius Pirate
06-30-2010, 02:11 PM
VJax paired up with Orton/Brady/Tebow would be awesomely hilarious in a Keystone Cops kinda way.

broncofan2438
06-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Get him outta SD and thats cool with me. Doubt he comes to Denver. Chicago seems likely, maybe Wash since money isnt an issue up there

400HZ
06-30-2010, 02:58 PM
It's depressing that the Chargers finally developed a go-to number #1 receiver after so many years of futility at the position and now he's on the way out. It also sucks that we had to deal with three years of crap play before he got good.

I'm doubtful that he'll match his numbers in San Diego with another team. He was a perfect scheme fit with the Chargers' down field passing game but his short game has some holes.

fontaine
06-30-2010, 03:40 PM
It's depressing that the Chargers finally developed a go-to number #1 receiver after so many years of futility at the position and now he's on the way out. It also sucks that we had to deal with three years of crap play before he got good.

I'm doubtful that he'll match his numbers in San Diego with another team. He was a perfect scheme fit with the Chargers' down field passing game but his short game has some holes.

Well that depends on where you stand. I think it's hilariously funny.

And here I was giving credit to the Chargers FO for getting rid of Ellison and putting character first and then they go do something stupid like this.

Smiling Assassin27
06-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Shanahan will make a run at Jackson, IMO. His WR corps is pretty lame, at the moment, and VJ would be a beast in the Brandon Marshall role.

Never count out Dallas, either.

Captain 'Dre
06-30-2010, 04:38 PM

He's Brandon Marshall without the domestic violence issues, so of COURSE the Broncos *would be* interested, But Diego is highly unlikely to trade within the division.

TheReverend
06-30-2010, 04:41 PM
he's no worse than b-marsh

..................what?

boltaneer
06-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Well that depends on where you stand. I think it's hilariously funny.

And here I was giving credit to the Chargers FO for getting rid of Ellison and putting character first and then they go do something stupid like this.

What are you referring to?

Homer Simpson
06-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Shanahan will make a run at Jackson, IMO. His WR corps is pretty lame, at the moment, and VJ would be a beast in the Brandon Marshall role.

Dallas are sure set at WR?

One Redskin's fans opinion

The VJ to Redskins rumors are heating up, and I've been trying to think what will be a good value? What are Bruce Allen and Shanahan up to? The Chargers have soured over the 2009 Pro-Bowler for his 2 DUIs, which will land him a 1-4 game suspension this season. Add on top he's holding out. Hmm...him and Haynesworth can be roommates during training camp. Vincent Jackson is a stud, but all this reminds me too much of Brandon Lloyd. Trading away draft picks for a WR with off-field problems. Then, add on top of that, he wants to get paid MORE money than Brandon Marshall. That would put him in the 4 years for $50 million ballpark - or $12.5mil a year. These kind of deals only end one way - horribly.

baja
06-30-2010, 05:24 PM

Shanny wanted to draft him when he came out.

Boobs McGee
06-30-2010, 06:24 PM
vj and a pick for haynesworth? I thought I read somewhere that the boltheads were leaning towards a 4-3 transition?

boltaneer
06-30-2010, 06:38 PM
vj and a pick for haynesworth? I thought I read somewhere that the boltheads were leaning towards a 4-3 transition?

The Chargers wouldn't want Haynesworth as much as Haynesworth wouldn't want to go to San Diego. They might mix in a little 4-3 this year but they're still going to be a 3-4 base, which is what Fat Albert is crying about.

BlaK-Argentina
06-30-2010, 06:51 PM
No thanks to another headcase WR. I just hope Bay Bay develops well.

broncosteven
06-30-2010, 06:52 PM
No thanks to another headcase WR. I just hope Bay Bay develops well.

I would like to see Royal play like he did his rookie year.

BlaK-Argentina
06-30-2010, 07:02 PM
I would like to see Royal play like he did his rookie year.

Of course. He should too... I expect a good year from him.

But we need that big WR in the Marshall/Jackson mold and Thomas is our hope there.

oubronco
06-30-2010, 08:39 PM
<TABLE border=0 width=630><TBODY><TR><TD width="80%">Bears | Not pursuing Vincent Jackson
</TD><TD width="20%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Wed, 30 Jun 2010 12:34:54 -0400
The Chicago Bears (http://www.orangemane.com/team/11/nfl) have no interest in inquiring about San Diego Chargers (http://www.orangemane.com/team/31/nfl) restricted free-agent WR Vincent Jackson (http://www.orangemane.com/player/11428/nfl), a source told the Chicago Tribune (http://www.orangemane.com/link/278)'s Vaughn McClure. Trade compensation and a new contract for Jackson are factors as to why the team is not interested in him.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0sOWWy9Ml

cutthemdown
06-30-2010, 09:06 PM

Him and Marshall look the same but are sort of opposites in that Marshall better with back to goa line, Jackson better looking over his shoulder.

I think if either of them was as good as the other guy at what he does best he would be untradable.

Mogulseeker
06-30-2010, 09:42 PM
he's no worse than b-marsh, plus he may give the broncos a home town discount;D

That's what I was thinking. I like Jackson, but I have quarrels with trading with a division rival.

cutthemdown
06-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Broncos won't make a move for Jackson that is serious. They just need to try and get what they have to play well. The talent is probably there. Why bring is someone who has had problems with alcohol? for big money and draft picks? that would be stooopid IMO.

Getting another young wr wouldn't be, but going after a star FA seems like a bad idea.

footstepsfrom#27
06-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Steve Wyche on ESPN's NFL Total Access just said Denver is one of the team's interested in trading for him. I can't see that happening with them drafting Thomas but who knows? The Chargers wouldn't trade him here anyway.

boltaneer
06-30-2010, 11:42 PM
SD - Chargers will likely command a lot for WR Vincent Jackson (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/statuses/17416317403)

Source: Adam Schefter - ESPN

Teams who are interested in trading for San Diego Chargers WR Vincent Jackson would likely have to part with two second-round draft picks or a first-round draft pick, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

tsiguy96
06-30-2010, 11:51 PM
sounds about right, i dont think people want to give a 1st round pick for a WR, but 2 2nds...

broncocalijohn
07-01-2010, 01:04 AM
If anyone could go up and snag Cutler's misfires, it would be Vincent Jackson. That guy almost single-handedly made Marmalard look good in SD.

he is good but God made our arms to reach forward and not 3 feet behind us.

Maybe that DEA raid at the Chargers Front office has evidence of Jackson on the pills and wants him gone before he is damaged goods.

The Moops
07-01-2010, 07:27 AM
If the Chargers want a #1 and a #2 how about trading Alphonso Smith straight up!

Captain 'Dre
07-01-2010, 09:32 AM
If the Chargers want a #1 and a #2 how about trading Alphonso Smith straight up!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Good one!

elsid13
07-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Of course. He should too... I expect a good year from him.

But we need that big WR in the Marshall/Jackson mold and Thomas is our hope there.

McDaniels isn't looking for WCO style receiver like Marshall. If that was the case he would have taken Bryant. He looking for WR that receiver that able to challenge corner deep and has good speed. If the WR has height then that a bonus.

cousinal11
07-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Suspended 3 games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5345629

GreatBronco16
07-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Suspended 3 games.

Damn it, I was just about to post this.

So, will this change his trade value now?

cousinal11
07-01-2010, 10:38 AM

I think 3 games was expected.

BlaK-Argentina
07-01-2010, 11:11 AM
McDaniels isn't looking for WCO style receiver like Marshall. If that was the case he would have taken Bryant. He looking for WR that receiver that able to challenge corner deep and has good speed. If the WR has height then that a bonus.

You may be right.

But who's gonna run all our screens!?!? ROFL!

broncosteven
07-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Suspended 3 games.

Chuggers would be lucky to get 2 3rds for this guy.

Boldin was traded for a 3rd and a 4th, I find it hard for anyone to give up more than that for a guy missing almost a quarter of the year.

boltaneer
07-01-2010, 11:26 AM

From what I'm hearing, he can serve the suspension during his holdout. (How stupid is that?)

I suppose it hurts his trade value a little bit but most likely he'll appeal and get it reduced to 1-2 games.

baja
07-01-2010, 11:43 AM
From what I'm hearing, he can serve the suspension during his holdout. (How stupid is that?)

I suppose it hurts his trade value a little bit but most likely he'll appeal and get it reduced to 1-2 games.

Wha is more likely a reduced suspension or a third offense? I'd say it's a toss up for the 2 time loser. Is anyone else getting sick and tired of these millionare players doing stupid shiit? There are millions of Americans that are worried about feeding their kids how do they cheer for these punks on Sunday.

elsid13
07-01-2010, 12:47 PM
You may be right.

But who's gonna run all our screens!?!? ROFL!

Gaffeny and Royal (when he moves inside to the slot role)

GreatBronco16
07-01-2010, 01:06 PM
There are millions of Americans that are worried about feeding their kids how do they cheer for these punks on Sunday.

Well those people shouldn't be concerned about sports to begin with. If they are, then there is no wonder they are still worrying about feeding their kids.

gunns
07-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the Broncos are interested after what they did with receivers in the draft.

Broncos | Could be interested in Vincent Jackson
Comment (0)
Wed, 30 Jun 2010 07:17:01 -0400

The Denver Broncos could be interested in acquiring WR Vincent Jackson from the San Diego Chargers, according to Bill Williamson, of ESPN.com. However, it is unlikely the Chargers would trade Jackson to a rival within the AFC West division.

This is all it said, don't jump the messenger.

IHaveALight
07-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Is anyone else getting sick and tired of these millionare players doing stupid shiit? There are millions of Americans that are worried about feeding their kids how do they cheer for these punks on Sunday.

There are millions of Americans making the same stupid mistakes. People make mistakes. And a lot of people are just plain dumb. Do you really think being blessed with talent and having loads of money is going to make them any different then other people?
I'm tired of people in general being dumb. It really has nothing to do with how much money they have.

Cool Breeze
07-01-2010, 02:42 PM
This is all it said, don't jump the messenger.

JUMP!

http://onemansblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/flying-jump-kick.jpg

oubronco
07-06-2010, 11:10 AM
<TABLE border=0 width=630><TBODY><TR><TD width="80%">Chargers | Not interested in trading Vincent Jackson
</TD><TD width="20%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Mon, 05 Jul 2010 07:04:44 -0400

The San Diego Chargers (http://www.orangemane.com/team/31/nfl) are not actively shopping WR Vincent Jackson (http://www.orangemane.com/player/11428/nfl) nor are they interested in dealing him, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter, according to league sources.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0svIOhObD

Interesting