PDA

View Full Version : Twilight is like soccer...

Taco John
06-29-2010, 09:52 PM
A buddy re-tweeted this, and I thought it was funny:

"Twilight's like soccer. They run around for 2 hours, nobody scores, and its billion fans insist you just don't understand."

aaaaaand...

FIGHT!

UberBroncoMan
06-29-2010, 09:53 PM

"Twilight's like soccer. They run around for 2 hours, nobody scores, and its billion fans insist you just don't understand."

aaaaaand...

FIGHT!

Brilliant.

I must add that Twilight is worse than sitting through a Soccer game... unless you have some friends and go MST3k on it.

iforgotmypassword
06-29-2010, 11:10 PM
bwahahahahhahahahahahaha

Baba Booey
06-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Hahahahaha

24champ
06-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Awesome.

Doggcow
06-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Pretty ****in funny.

Must say, I've been swept up in the world cup though.

randomtask
06-29-2010, 11:33 PM
This is true.

WABronco
06-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Those billions of fans can't all be wrong...

...wait, uh, nvm.

Los Broncos
06-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Bwahahaha

broncocalijohn
06-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Twilight is for fags! Oh wait. This is why the thread exists. Carry on.

cousinal11
06-30-2010, 05:20 AM
Hilarious.

Garcia Bronco
06-30-2010, 05:34 AM
Lol

Ray Finkle
06-30-2010, 05:59 AM
never seen twillight nor read the books. I will take all your man cards for doing so.....

SoDak Bronco
06-30-2010, 06:03 AM
you guys are all haters...signed team jacob

Garcia Bronco
06-30-2010, 06:23 AM
never seen twillight nor read the books. I will take all your man cards for doing so.....

I get an exemption because the woman won't stop talking about it:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-30-2010, 06:29 AM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/7/23/633839569142980630-Twilight.jpg

p7superfly
06-30-2010, 06:36 AM
Hahahaha... Blade vs. The pretty boy ... took me a second to recognize the deal.

Mr.Meanie
06-30-2010, 06:37 AM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/7/23/633839569142980630-Twilight.jpg

haha

This thread makes me smile

oubronco
06-30-2010, 10:06 AM
:spit: good one taco

TheReverend
06-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Genius. Stealing it.

kamakazi_kal
06-30-2010, 10:51 AM
so true....

Pony Boy
06-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Western Slope woman blames vampire for car crash

FRUITA, Colo. - If a Western Slope woman is to be believed, vampires may be lurking in Colorado's Grand Valley.

The woman claims she spotted a vampire in the middle of a dirt road near Fruita, Colo. Sunday night. She told Colorado State Troopers she was startled by the undead being, threw her SUV into reverse, and crashed into a canal.

She was not injured.

State Troopers say the woman's husband arrived at the scene and took her home. The vampire, which was not seen by anyone else, apparently let her get away.

Troopers do not suspect drugs or alcohol to be factors in the crash.
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-vampire-crash-txt,0,4980779.story

Requiem
06-30-2010, 10:55 AM
I went to Jonah Hex last night with a few buddies (the movie blows, do not go and see it), and there was an insane line for people waiting for the Twilight midnight showing. My town is barely over 10,000 people -- and according to my friend who works there, some people had been outside since early in the afternoon. How ridiculous. The funniest thing was how many guys (without girlfriends) were actually in line too. What a bunch of homos.

gyldenlove
06-30-2010, 11:14 AM

FRUITA, Colo. - If a Western Slope woman is to be believed, vampires may be lurking in Colorado's Grand Valley.

The woman claims she spotted a vampire in the middle of a dirt road near Fruita, Colo. Sunday night. She told Colorado State Troopers she was startled by the undead being, threw her SUV into reverse, and crashed into a canal.

She was not injured.

State Troopers say the woman's husband arrived at the scene and took her home. The vampire, which was not seen by anyone else, apparently let her get away.

But I bet you crazy was a pretty big factor in that crash.

mkporter
06-30-2010, 11:28 AM
...and then Buffy staked Edward. The end.

Jerry Curl
06-30-2010, 11:37 AM
True Blood > Twilight.

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/109/1094901/true-blood-20100604022402365.jpg

Houshyamama
06-30-2010, 11:49 AM
PLEASE read this: http://theoatmeal.com/story/twilight

Pony Boy
06-30-2010, 01:52 PM
But I bet you crazy was a pretty big factor in that crash.

She did tell the Troopers the Vampire's name was Spider...

Bronco Boy
07-02-2010, 09:00 AM
The also both have horrible actors that seem to magically heal from very serious injuries.

gunns
07-02-2010, 09:44 AM

aaaaaand...

FIGHT!

LOL That's what I keep hearing because I'm just not into Twilight. I read the first book and didn't bother with the second. My granddaughter asks me which team I am so I ask her which team she is, Team Edward, so I tell her that's the team I am too. Have to maintain with the granddaughters.

FADERPROOF
07-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Why soccer sucks reason #319: Because how easily the comparison is between soccer and the twilight saga.

Homer Simpson
07-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Anyone who just watched the dramatic finish in that game and can't admit the game can be entertaining sometimes is a little bit of a pathetic plastic.

Bronco Boy
07-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Twilight is entertaining too sometimes...like when the ending credits roll and you realize it's finally over.

Miss I.
07-02-2010, 02:24 PM
So, um, I got a post from Eddie Royal. He seems to like soccer. Does this mean he's a Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Whatever your dislike of soccer is, nothing and I mean nothing is worse than the Twilight movies for sheer boredom and inanity, unless it's a conversation with a Raider's fan.

Homer Simpson
07-02-2010, 02:34 PM
What I'll never understand about the attitude is this, people like soccer right? So after that game the attitude of people who don't seems to be to smugly put your hands on your hips and say, "well you loved it, to me that was ****".

it's like walking out of the Matrix when you were 20 years old, everyone was blown away and you walk out and smugly smile and say, "well, you all loved it, I thought it was juvenile crap". People aren't angry at you, they feel bad for you that you got nothing from it.

Each to their own. I wish I could enjoy baseball and hockey, it would give me more sports to relish, I certainly don't think I am better than a baseball fan because I don't like the game.

Bronco Boy
07-02-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure who you are directing that towards, but I don't see anything in this thread that says anyone is better than anyone else for any reason.

UberBroncoMan
07-07-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm not sure who you are directing that towards, but I don't see anything in this thread that says anyone is better than anyone else for any reason.

He's upset that almost all of us hate soccer because it's a boring pile of ****, meanwhile the rest of the world "get's it" unlike us.

Essentially we're the few people who thought "The Matrix" was juvenile, or something like that.

But yeah... no one here has said, "we're better than soccer fans."

Personally, I think the millions of soccer fans out there have to be a pretty damn devoted to sit through Twlight so many times.

Rabb
07-07-2010, 10:04 AM
NSFW for language...and sorta' racey clothing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOpyyrtzgBU&feature=player_embedded

Twilight for guys! (I have no idea how to embed vids)

Kaylore
07-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Hilarious! Great stuff.

Homer Simpson
07-07-2010, 10:08 AM
He's upset that almost all of us hate soccer because it's a boring pile of ****, meanwhile the rest of the world "get's it" unlike us.

Essentially we're the few people who thought "The Matrix" was juvenile, or something like that.

Personally, I think the millions of soccer fans out there have to be a pretty damn devoted to sit through Twlight so many times.

Yes, that is exactly what I said. If you are going to piss all over someone and be a complete prat at least learn to spell and use proper grammar or it kind of detracts from your forum wit.

UberBroncoMan
07-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Yes, that is exactly what I said. If you are going to piss all over someone and be a complete prat at least learn to spell and use proper grammar or it kind of detracts from your forum wit.

ZOMG GENERIC GRAMMAR POLIZE COMMANT

http://natchez-trace.thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/blue-red-siren-light.gif

Homer Simpson
07-07-2010, 10:21 AM
And learn how to post images eh?

(I knew I could get you all riled up)

UberBroncoMan
07-07-2010, 10:22 AM
And learn how to post images eh?

(I knew I could get you all riled up)

It's showing up fine for me. Not riled btw. Just mocking you.

Homer Simpson
07-07-2010, 10:25 AM
It's showing up fine for me. Not riled btw. Just mocking you.

^5 I shall go cry because the strange boy on the internet is mocking me then.

UberBroncoMan
07-07-2010, 10:27 AM
^5 I shall go cry because the strange boy on the internet is mocking me then.

Please do. But don't go all out. You don't want your eyeliner dripping everywhere.

Pony Boy
07-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Hilarious! Great stuff.

Agreed... this pissy cripple fight is a lot more exciting than a soccer game.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Saying you hate soccer "because it's a boring pile of ****" to you makes you sound like a smug asshole. It also infers a certain higher-mindedness. "It's boring and stupid, and you don't get that, but I do." See how that works?

I don't care either way. I didn't REALLY get into soccer until this year, watching my Oranje throttle some fools. I don't care if you like it or not. Considering the bar is packed every time I go watch a game, I'd say more people "get it" than think it's "a boring pile of ****," and honestly, I'm glad you're not at the bar. More beer for me, and I don't have to deal with a smug **** talking about how bored he is.

UberBroncoMan
07-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Saying you hate soccer "because it's a boring pile of ****" to you makes you sound like a smug a-hole. It also infers a certain higher-mindedness. "It's boring and stupid, and you don't get that, but I do." See how that works?

I don't care either way. I didn't REALLY get into soccer until this year, watching my Oranje throttle some fools. I don't care if you like it or not. Considering the bar is packed every time I go watch a game, I'd say more people "get it" than think it's "a boring pile of ****," and honestly, I'm glad you're not at the bar. More beer for me, and I don't have to deal with a smug **** talking about how bored he is.

I responded to a guy who was whining about that with the exact thing he was whining about. Did you not connect the dots?

Popps
07-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Anyone know where I can find a good soccer argument?

Meck77
07-07-2010, 11:35 AM
ESPN right now popps! Germany vs Spain!!!!!!!!

Rabb
07-07-2010, 11:46 AM

look for a new TSI post...it's sure to have some argument in it although you are rolling the dice if it's about soccer

now, if you asked where you could find a good clothing/weightlifting/awesome thread titles debate

TSI is absolutely your man

oubronco
07-07-2010, 11:46 AM

She was not injured.

"Purple Drank"

Popps
07-07-2010, 11:52 AM
ESPN right now popps! Germany vs Spain!!!!!!!!

Watching.

Slow at work.

broncocalijohn
07-07-2010, 12:17 PM
look for a new TSI post...it's sure to have some argument in it although you are rolling the dice if it's about soccer

now, if you asked where you could find a good clothing/weightlifting/awesome thread titles debate

TSI is absolutely your man

I dont know about that. Here is what the thread would say
Title: Did you see that?
Thread "juice": I hope you had it on the tv. Amazing!

Hard to start a debate when you dont know what the **** he is talking about.

Rabb
07-07-2010, 12:17 PM
i dont know about that. Here is what the thread would say
title: Did you see that?
Thread "juice": I hope you had it on the tv. Amazing!

Hard to start a debate when you dont know what the **** he is talking about.

rofl!

Homer Simpson
07-07-2010, 12:20 PM

To be fair I feel I wasn't arguing the merits of soccer, more probing the reasons why some people feel compelled to try and convince others something they love is crap because they don't like/understand it. I don't like baseball but can admit for a fan/neutral the finish to the Rockies game must have been amazing. Smacks of self esteem issues.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-07-2010, 12:25 PM
To be fair I feel I wasn't arguing the merits of soccer, more probing the reasons why some people feel compelled to try and convince others something they love is crap because they don't like/understand it. I don't like baseball but can admit for a fan/neutral the finish to the Rockies game must have been amazing. Smacks of self esteem issues.

Self esteem issues on the Mane? Le shock!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/17/129003059667067929.jpg