PDA

View Full Version : Look at the hateration spewing from Jamie Dukes yet again...

crush17
06-29-2010, 03:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d818e1b06/The-Tebow-question

He simply cannot stand the Broncos, so he'd rather just not even answer the question.

Ridiculous.

OBF1
06-29-2010, 03:04 PM
So why even watch the ass clown??? I turn channels when his lips start to move.

Los Broncos
06-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Why doesn't he just come out and say "I hate the Broncos"

DomCasual
06-29-2010, 03:08 PM
The most irritating man on television. Put Carrot Top on there, and he couldn't do worse.

I love how at the end, people are laughing at him. He acts like they're laughing because he's saying something brave, or something. He's just a fool.

MileHighMagic
06-29-2010, 03:09 PM
1) Hitler
2) Osama Bin Laden
3) Jamie Dukes

crush17
06-29-2010, 03:10 PM

I watched a video on NFL.com that was titled "How will Broncos use Tebow?"

It happened to have Jamie Dukes in it. Woops??

Come on man.

Kaylore
06-29-2010, 03:16 PM
cliffs notes?

Irish Stout
06-29-2010, 03:20 PM

I sometimes try to watch Dukes just for the amusement of the whole debacle.

In this case, can't watch the video at work. Can someone summarize the hilarity for my benefit?

Br0nc0Buster
06-29-2010, 03:22 PM
I didnt think it was a big deal, Dukes didnt say much of anything

apparently he isnt a fan of Tebow, that is all

but he is certainly not unique in that perspective

I guess when he said he had no idea what the Broncos were doing could be seen as hating, but seems pretty mild compared what Im used to from him

Rabb
06-29-2010, 03:22 PM
I was watching this last night and couldn't believe it, just a jackass

Br0nc0Buster
06-29-2010, 03:23 PM
I sometimes try to watch Dukes just for the amusement of the whole debacle.

In this case, can't watch the video at work. Can someone summarize the hilarity for my benefit?

they asked him and Baldinger how the Broncos should use Tebow this year
Dukes said he had no idea how Tebow will get on the field, he isnt fast enough for the wildcat, and didnt know what the Broncos were doing

thats pretty much it

Los Broncos
06-29-2010, 03:25 PM
I think we drafted Tebow to teach the rest of the team the bible.

Rabb
06-29-2010, 03:26 PM
cliffs notes?

they asked them (Dukes and the guy with the fooked up pinky) how they thought Denver would make use of Tebow this year, if at all

Baldinger (I think) gave an honest answer, not bashing just saying that we need to basically get Tebow in and start using our investment...talking a little about wildcat packages and such

Dukes copped out and acted like we were talking about throwing Don Knotts in at QB, just baffled and dumbfounded at how we could possibly even use Tebow this year or at all

he made a big deal about it, as if Tebow has never played before, and has no capacity at all

the other NFLN guys have to be sick of the act

Gcver2ver3
06-29-2010, 03:30 PM
i try not to be a typical fan and dislike someone simply because they don't agree with my favorite team's moves or don't like my teamm's chances...

but dukes seems to take it to the next level...almost seems to take it personal as soon as our team is mentioned...i don't get it..

the guy refuses to even give analysis about us now?...c'mon...

he has singlehandedly kept me from watching nfl total access...and i used to watch the show daily...

Gcver2ver3
06-29-2010, 03:34 PM
they asked them (Dukes and the guy with the fooked up pinky) how they thought Denver would make use of Tebow this year, if at all

Baldinger (I think) gave an honest answer, not bashing just saying that we need to basically get Tebow in and start using our investment...talking a little about wildcat packages and such

Dukes copped out and acted like we were talking about throwing Don Knotts in at QB, just baffled and dumbfounded at how we could possibly even use Tebow this year or at all

he made a big deal about it, as if Tebow has never played before, and has no capacity at all

they aren't sick of the act, they think its funny...which is another reason i don't watch anymore...

Old Dude
06-29-2010, 03:35 PM
I just have one thing to say, which is that any one of you guys who would even bother watching Dukes this time of year is either one hard core elite-bronco-to-the-bone-ultra-fanatic, or else someone who was all alone in a sportsbar and having no luck at all that night.

crush17
06-29-2010, 03:37 PM
i try not to be a typical fan and dislike someone simply because they don't agree with my favorite team's moves or don't like my teamm's chances...

but dukes seems to take it to the next level...almost seems to take it personal as soon as our team is mentioned...i don't get it..

the guy refuses to even give analysis about us now?...c'mon...

he has singlehandedly kept me from watching nfl total access...and i used to watch the show daily...

you and me both. I am tempted to cancel the channel.

crush17
06-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I just have one thing to say, which is that any one of you guys who would even bother watching Dukes this time of year is either one hard core elite-bronco-to-the-bone-ultra-fanatic, or else someone who was all alone in a sportsbar and having no luck at all that night.

Or, as stated earlier, someone was looking at www.nfl.com and one of the front page articles is about Tebow and happened to include some videos.

DomCasual
06-29-2010, 03:43 PM
they asked him and Baldinger how the Broncos should use Tebow this year
Dukes said he had no idea how Tebow will get on the field, he isnt fast enough for the wildcat, and didnt know what the Broncos were doing

thats pretty much it

Except that he said he didn't know what they were doing in the most smug way imaginable. Then, he kept going on about it, to prove his point - just stuttering and stammering, as if he had been rendered speechless. Then, he said something to the effect of, "Hey, sometimes when you can't figure out what in the world someone is doing, you should just say so."

What a douche.

theAPAOps5
06-29-2010, 03:45 PM
cliffs notes?

I hate Denver

tsiguy96
06-29-2010, 03:59 PM
he kept repeating "i dont know what they are doing!" and **** like that, dukes is just f-ing retarded.

crush17
06-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Except that he said he didn't know what they were doing in the most smug way imaginable. Then, he kept going on about it, to prove his point - just stuttering and stammering, as if he had been rendered speechless. Then, he said something to the effect of, "Hey, sometimes when you can't figure out what in the world someone is doing, you should just say so."

What a douche.

Yeah, its just the way he studders and stammers around like he is just so confused and bewildered by the Broncos and their decisions.

Like I said, ridiculous.

Hogan11
06-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Dukes is irrelevent. His opinion means absolutely nothing to me.

crush17
06-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Dukes is irrelevent. His opinion means absolutely nothing to me.

its not even opinion, its just blind hatred towards our team. he offers zero opinion or analysis. just talks sh1t and acts smug about it.

Pontius Pirate
06-29-2010, 04:06 PM
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/043/917/original/hatersgonnapanda.jpg

Hogan11
its not even opinion, its just blind hatred towards our team. he offers zero opinion or analysis. just talks sh1t and acts smug about it.

Which is why the guy is a sensationalist zero.

He's not worth a second of anyone's time.

Kaylore
Orin on the Fan radio show here in Denver says pretty much the same thing.

He keeps going back to "I don't know what the Broncos are doing. It doesn't make any sense to me." He'll also use words like "willy nilly" and "random" to describe what we do.

I hear this more than you'd think a bit and it completely baffles me. I can understand the idea of disagreeing with a move, but saying you "have no idea" what we're doing is ridiculous.

We're getting rid of the malcontents.

We're building up the lines to be more physical.

We're installing both systems.

Why is this hard to see? It seems patently clear McDaniels is doing. I don't understand how people can't see that he's doing it exactly. Will it work? That remains to be seen, but this idea that it's hard to understand I don't get. I think he couldn't be more obvious because since he's been here McDaniels has brought in the type of players he covets and been aggressive in doing so.

NFLBRONCO
06-29-2010, 04:18 PM
If Denver traded for Peyton Manning Dukes would go wtf is Denver doing.

theAPAOps5
06-29-2010, 04:23 PM

He keeps going back to "I don't know what the Broncos are doing. It doesn't make any sense to me." He'll also use words like "willy nilly" and "random" to describe what we do.

I hear this more than you'd think a bit and it completely baffles me. I can understand the idea of disagreeing with a move, but saying you "have no idea" what we're doing is ridiculous.

Why is this hard to see? It seems patently clear McDaniels is doing. I don't understand how people can't see that he's doing it exactly. Will it work? That remains to be seen, but this idea that it's hard to understand I don't get. I think he couldn't be more obvious because since he's been here McDaniels has brought in the type of players he covets and been aggressive in doing so.

You should email him and tell him that Ohio School of Broadcasting is embarrassed that he went there. He likes that....

Jason7730
06-29-2010, 04:24 PM

I wish there was a way to complain about this a** clown. He should be fired, IMHO.

Irish Stout
06-29-2010, 04:26 PM

I don't know if its just Denver or what, but it seems to me the more news and opinion sources we get through tv, radio, internet, newspaper, etc..., the more we get less worthwhile opinions. What suprises me the most is you'd think the "free" form of information, the independent blogs and websites, would provide the the least accurate analysis, while the paid professionals would do it better. Not the case.

I listen to the Fan, but primarily before and after work while driving. I hear Big Al and Dmac primarily. However, on the weekend, I think it was a Sunday three weeks ago, I heard whoever was on there basically saying the same thing and it blew my mind. Then they went on to say: "I don't even know what they've done to improve this team, besides pickup Tebow, and who knows what that guy will do." Then they had a caller call in and said that for this year he was going to pretend there were no Denver Broncos and that Mike Shannahan's Redskins were Denver's team. And not one of the hosts even tried to debate why with him or question him on it... it was just fine to them.

What the hell? Why am I not on the radio locally bleeding Orange and Blue and Gold and Purple and Maroon? I might not be smart, but I could handle at least a little intellectual discussion as to the pros and cons of the current team. I'd probably even do a little research as to what offseason acquisitions they were making.

Boobs McGee
06-29-2010, 04:55 PM
LOL I can't stand dukes, but come one now people...he wasn't really saying anything THAT derogatory. In fact, at the end, he kept saying "they don't HAVE to play the guy", which is almost a defense of our coaches; in essence saying he doesn't feel like tebow's ready, and its not of the upmost importance to get him in there THIS YEAR.

jmo.

TonyR
06-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Dukes is a dope. He was a call in guest yesterday afternoon on the local ESPN radio show in the Phila market. He was completely taking Michael Vick's side in the latest incident being reported (a shooting as his birthday party) and disagreeing with the host (Mike Missanelli) about the Eagles when the local guy knows ten times more about the team than he does. It was just ridiculous. I doubt anybody cares to listen to it but just in case here's the link: http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/eagles/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10122926

OABB
06-29-2010, 05:36 PM
1) Hitler
2) Osama Bin Laden
3) Jamie Dukes

why is this in ascending order?

Pontius Pirate
06-29-2010, 05:36 PM
http://cheezburger.com/lolbuilder.aspx?preview=1&source=http%3A//images.cheezburger.com/imagestore/2010/6/29/052ac5f1-2c50-47d6-936a-e6ce80df7231.jpg&top=Haters&bottom=Gonna%20Hate&middle=&font=Impact&color=White&size=50&bold=true&italic=false&underlined=false&style=outline&opacity=100&topalignment=left&middlealignment=left&bottomalignment=left

GoBroncos DownUnder
06-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I saw that this morning - dukes was AWESOME!
Even if he only had 5 minutes warning that he was going to be talking about Tebow, his FAILURE to convey his opinion, along with his FAILURE to even form a sentence, clearly show a lack of ability and knowledge on his behalf.

It's obvious that dukes went to a school of broadcasting, because he is a total FAILURE as far as journalism goes! ;)

Wes Mantooth
06-29-2010, 06:13 PM
It gives me hope that I too can be paid to provide analysis, but provide no analysis.

DenverBrit
06-29-2010, 06:29 PM
LOL I can't stand dukes, but come one now people...he wasn't really saying anything THAT derogatory. In fact, at the end, he kept saying "they don't HAVE to play the guy", which is almost a defense of our coaches; in essence saying he doesn't feel like tebow's ready, and its not of the upmost importance to get him in there THIS YEAR.

jmo.

That's pretty much how I saw it. More of an argument as to 'why does Denver have to get him on the field this year?'

Though the undercurrent of 'I hate anything Broncos' is obvious.

yerner
06-29-2010, 06:43 PM
You guys are so sensitive. I get that you hate him. He was just saying he didn't think the question about how to get Tebow on the field was even a legitimate question this year. He didn't have any idea if Tebow belongs on the field . Frankly, it's a question that has to be answered for most people.

UberBroncoMan
06-29-2010, 06:54 PM
What's funny is that Dukes was all over the Broncos and defending them vs Rod Woodson two years ago. Guy was all over Clady and Royal's nuts.

maher_tyler
06-29-2010, 07:33 PM
I saw this live..how the hell does this guy have a job?? It's like they keep him around for the comedy from his sheer stupidity..its like making fun of someone right to there face and they have no clue cause there to stupid to realize it!! It's the only explanation!!

Steve Sewell
06-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Dukes talks about the Broncos with the same contempt that people used to talk about the Bungles or the Lions when Matt Millen was the GM. It will be amazing to watch NFL network if the Broncos put something even remotely resembling a playoff run this year. It will be even more amazing if Tebow is having success on the field in situational duty (which he will).

tsiguy96
06-29-2010, 07:38 PM
ps guys, apparently to be a goal line wildcat QB, you need to be blazing fast. skill/strength/desire has nothing to do with it, just speed.

cmhargrove
06-29-2010, 07:47 PM
You guys are so sensitive. I get that you hate him. He was just saying he didn't think the question about how to get Tebow on the field was even a legitimate question this year. He didn't have any idea if Tebow belongs on the field . Frankly, it's a question that has to be answered for most people.

The point is, he is paid to be a football analyst - and a face of the NFL itself (being on the main NFL sponsored analysis show). He is annoying, hostile, and generally wrong with his "dire" predictions. He spends a huge amount of time arguing with, and belittling, the other hosts of the show, which generally seem to respect each others opinions.

That being said, it's like he never watched Tebow play football before. Dear God, how could anyone watch Tebow's highlights and doubt that he is worthy to step onto a professional football field? Its just assinine to say he has no value. He is a proven winner against the highest competition - in the toughest of circumstances.

Maybe he takes it personally that during his eight years as a starter, the Falcons only posted one winning season. Yep, he's a playa'.

ColoradoDarin
06-29-2010, 08:09 PM
It's not that Dukes is wrong (though he often is), it's that he puts absolutely ZERO EFFORT into his 'analysis'. This is just #73483 on that list.

NYBronc
06-30-2010, 06:08 AM
They talked about it last night as well. Orton and Tebow highlights start around 4 minutes in.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d818e620f/QBs-on-the-hot-seat

Drunk Monkey
06-30-2010, 06:11 AM
Dukes talks about the Broncos with the same contempt that people used to talk about the Bungles or the Lions when Matt Millen was the GM. It will be amazing to watch NFL network if the Broncos put something even remotely resembling a playoff run this year. It will be even more amazing if Tebow is having success on the field in situational duty (which he will).

We did have success last year through 6 games. His stance through that whole stretch was ya they are doing well but lets see if it holds out. He also brought up Stokley's miracle catch almost every time someone said 6-0. Unfortunately our late season collapse proved him right. But bottom line, fat dumb and stupid is no way to go through life Mr Dukes.

leon
06-30-2010, 06:32 AM
you gotta dukes, a real class act!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dedhed
06-30-2010, 06:53 AM

jmo.
Come on. He said that there's no way Tebow can even run a wildcat package because he's not a 4.4 guy.

That's just day one stupid.

cmhargrove
06-30-2010, 07:15 AM
Come on. He said that there's no way Tebow can even run a wildcat package because he's not a 4.4 guy.

That's just day one stupid.

The other thing.

I know I joked about using a flexbone set in an earlier thread, but does anyone think McD can't think of a new wrinkle to use Tebow? The Wildcat was just good old single wing football. Don't be surprised to see something "new" involving Tebow. It could resemble the Flexbone, or it maybe they just use the same spread offense from Florida that he is used to running.

The goal line stuff in particular should be pretty interesting.

fontaine
06-30-2010, 07:22 AM

I agree with this post except for the bolded part.

I don't know if it's by choice or other needs taking precedence but McDaniels is not building up the DL. We're still in Shanahan mode of ignoring the DL in the draft and bringing in retreads and backups.

Jarvis Green/Bannan/Williams are backups. The guys brought in last year are backups. Through two drafts and 10 picks in the first three rounds we haven't used a single one on a DL.

All the other quality moves along the defense pretty much mean nothing if we've got backups and mediocrity along the DL.

footstepsfrom#27
06-30-2010, 07:31 AM
Maybe Dukes hates the Broncos because they beat both the Packers and Falcons (his former teams) in the Super Bowl.

Rabb
06-30-2010, 07:35 AM
The other thing.

I know I joked about using a flexbone set in an earlier thread, but does anyone think McD can't think of a new wrinkle to use Tebow? The Wildcat was just good old single wing football. Don't be surprised to see something "new" involving Tebow. It could resemble the Flexbone, or it maybe they just use the same spread offense from Florida that he is used to running.

The goal line stuff in particular should be pretty interesting.

great post, totally agree

Steve Sewell
06-30-2010, 07:48 AM
They talked about it last night as well. Orton and Tebow highlights start around 4 minutes in.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d818e620f/QBs-on-the-hot-seat

I never thought I'd say that Warren Sapp is the voice of reason on that show. But now I'm saying it. Is the apocalypse upon us?

Rabb
06-30-2010, 08:02 AM
what pisses me off so much about that last video is that it went from Orton being on the hot seat to Dukes once again using it as a stage to talk about McD's ego and how Tebow will fail

I want more than anything, and I know this will sound obvious since I am a Broncos fan, to see Tim Tebow absolutely shut these people the **** up and dominate the NFL and do it with a smile

that will burn their asses more than anything, that the kid won't ever say "I told you so" and instead it will come in the form of hoisting some hardware

fontaine
06-30-2010, 08:05 AM
I want more than anything, and I know this will sound obvious since I am a Broncos fan, to see Tim Tebow absolutely shut these people the **** up and dominate the NFL and do it with a smile

That's never going to happen. If Tebow dominates then these same naysayers will be the same people drooling over him.

Kaylore
06-30-2010, 09:05 AM

I don't know if it's by choice or other needs taking precedence but McDaniels is not building up the DL. We're still in Shanahan mode of ignoring the DL in the draft and bringing in retreads and backups.

Jarvis Green/Bannan/Williams are backups. The guys brought in last year are backups. Through two drafts and 10 picks in the first three rounds we haven't used a single one on a DL.

All the other quality moves along the defense pretty much mean nothing if we've got backups and mediocrity along the DL.
I completely disagree. There have not been many good defensive linemen that were available for us to pick in the draft that fit a 3-4. Since we're using a rotational system, the guys we brought in are perfect. And Jamal and Bannon are not "re-treads" and "back-ups". They are still starting level players for the next couple years.

meangene
06-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Maybe Dukes hates the Broncos because they beat both the Packers and Falcons (his former teams) in the Super Bowl.

Dukes is an ill-informed, rude, loudmouth jackass all the time. I have a theory as to why he has a particular bias towards, and hatred of, the current Bronco organization. Dukes is militant in his support of players vs. management. He will support a player on virtually every issue - holdouts, suspensions, discipline, etc. In comes McDaniels who jettisons Cutler and Marshall because of attitude and disciplinary issues. Dukes simply can't wrap himself around that concept when, in his mind, talent alone trumps all and any front office that does not cower to talented players is viewed as the evil empire. If you follow his opinions, concepts like team and chemistry are irrelevant. The Jets made great off-season moves - Holmes was a "steal" (despite being a drug addict and general punk), Cromartie is a great corner even if he doesn't like to tackle (Duke's own words), Marshall immediately makes Miami a contender and Denver was a bunch of fools to let him go (regardless of his behavior or contract demands), Cutler was supposed to be the second coming in Chicago (woops) and Michael Vick is the answer at QB for every team with QB questions (even Philly).

So, you combine blind support for players vs. management in virtually all cases, a significant lack of knowledge, an inability to even consider another opinion or perspective, social ineptitude, ignorance and you have Jamie Dukes, hater of all things Bronco. To Dukes, a guy like Tebow who gets publicity not only for his college success but for his work ethic, attitude and beliefs, is the anti-Christ. If he succeeds in Denver where they have shipped out talented malcontents, Dukes' whole universe crumbles around him.

jhns
06-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Did any of you ever think to change the channel or not click on articles written by Dukes? We have 10 page threads every other week about how horrible he is. It is weird that you all hate him but you also help make him rich and keep his job by giving him viewers...

fontaine
06-30-2010, 09:34 AM
I completely disagree. There have not been many good defensive linemen that were available for us to pick in the draft that fit a 3-4.

That's pretty much an excuse. It's way too early to judge the DL talent in the past two drafts just like our own picks like Smith/Ayers/Moreno etc.

Since we're using a rotational system, the guys we brought in are perfect. And Jamal and Bannon are not "re-treads" and "back-ups". They are still starting level players for the next couple years.

And every team uses a rotational policy, but that doesn't mean they fill their roster full of backups and avoid the draft.

Bannan was a backup for Baltimore. Jamal Williams is strictly a run defense guy if he comes back healthy at his age. Yes, they'll start here because we got nothing else.

I'm not criticizing these guys specifically, they were the best of a slim FA class. The problem isn't with these guys, the problem is that we don't have a single young promising DL to develop that can take over from these guys in one or two years when these guys will be done.

That's on the FO and McDaniels.

crush17
06-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Did any of you ever think to change the channel or not click on articles written by Dukes? We have 10 page threads every other week about how horrible he is. It is weird that you all hate him but you also help make him rich and keep his job by giving him viewers...

Maybe you should read the entire thread and realize there are 2-3 posts explaining how we might have landed on this subject.

jhns
06-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Maybe you should read the entire thread and realize there are 2-3 posts explaining how we might have landed on this subject.

I know how you landed on this subject. A poster that hates Dukes was watching him, didn't like what he said, and then linked all the other posters that don't like him to the clip.... At least we all are making sure he is around for a long time.

Rabb
06-30-2010, 09:54 AM
not to mention, I like Total Access in general and 90% of it is not Dukes being a dick about Denver...so I am not going to avoid a show altogether because of one guy

he just makes his small part count is all

bowtown
06-30-2010, 09:56 AM
This message is hidden because jhns & Jamie Dukes are on your ignore list.

CEH
06-30-2010, 09:56 AM

I too would have liked us to address the Dline in the draft the last to years

Bannan was a 5th round pick and Green a 4th so there are Dlineman out there to be had but Denver has decided to go the FA route the last two years

NE and Balt have each drafted 2 DLineman in the 2nd round the last 2 years

Not sure why these guys are good enough for NE and Balt but don't fit our 3-4 system. Orakpo sitting there at #12 could have been a quality pick

Bannon is a lunch pail guy and a good pick-up. Green was replaced by the youth movement in NE and Williams is a boom or bust pick if heathly but at 34 and coming off surgey on knees and shoulders there are question marks galore

Even Bowlen last year was suprised by the lack of defensive players selected and as it turned out our D wore down using retreads

Irish Stout
06-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Orakpo sitting there at #12 could have been a quality pick

This is my biggest grudge with McD. I hope Knowshon becomes a great player, but Orakpo has already made a difference for his team and was utilized in the 3-4 some last year and can definitely grow with that.

Dendave
06-30-2010, 12:29 PM
you and me both. I am tempted to cancel the channel.

You should get Wide Open West (WOW) cable, they did just that

The NFL Network will no longer be carried on WOW! Digital Basic Cable effective August 1, 2010. Games for your local NFL teams will continue to be aired on local broadcast stations and are not affected. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and would like to explain our decision.

WOW! has been a partner of the NFL Network since we launched it in 2005 and our contract with the channel expires on July 31, 2010. We worked hard to preserve carriage of the network under fair and reasonable terms that would be in the best interest of all our customers. Unfortunately, we were unable to reach such agreement with the NFL Network.

The bottom line is this: We accept that programming expenses increase each year. We donít like it, but we get that everyone has a business to run Ė as do we. Unfortunately, in todayís environment, the increases demanded by many programming networks are excessive.
So while we believe the NFL Network to be a worthy channel, itís not worth carrying at any price.

We know decisions like this are not always popular. But we hope you understand that we do strive to make decisions that we truly believe are responsive to the programming and pricing needs of all our customers. Thank you for your understanding.

Colleen Abdoulah
CEO and President
WOW! Internet, Cable and Phone

fontaine
06-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Even Bowlen last year was suprised by the lack of defensive players selected and as it turned out our D wore down using retreads

This is pretty much it.

If we wanted a head coach that drafted DBs by the bucket load and filled the DL through older, 1 or 2 year quick fixes then we should have kept Shanahan and at least we wouldn't have a sh*tty running game.

That being said, I told myself Josh would get at least three years here before I make any real judgements and give the guy a real chance to improve the DL/OL, because in reality that was one of the biggest reason why he was brought in.

He's got till 2011 to show what he can do.

footstepsfrom#27
06-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Dukes is an ill-informed, rude, loudmouth jackass all the time. I have a theory as to why he has a particular bias towards, and hatred of, the current Bronco organization. Dukes is militant in his support of players vs. management. He will support a player on virtually every issue - holdouts, suspensions, discipline, etc. In comes McDaniels who jettisons Cutler and Marshall because of attitude and disciplinary issues. Dukes simply can't wrap himself around that concept when, in his mind, talent alone trumps all and any front office that does not cower to talented players is viewed as the evil empire. If you follow his opinions, concepts like team and chemistry are irrelevant. The Jets made great off-season moves - Holmes was a "steal" (despite being a drug addict and general punk), Cromartie is a great corner even if he doesn't like to tackle (Duke's own words), Marshall immediately makes Miami a contender and Denver was a bunch of fools to let him go (regardless of his behavior or contract demands), Cutler was supposed to be the second coming in Chicago (woops) and Michael Vick is the answer at QB for every team with QB questions (even Philly).

So, you combine blind support for players vs. management in virtually all cases, a significant lack of knowledge, an inability to even consider another opinion or perspective, social ineptitude, ignorance and you have Jamie Dukes, hater of all things Bronco. To Dukes, a guy like Tebow who gets publicity not only for his college success but for his work ethic, attitude and beliefs, is the anti-Christ. If he succeeds in Denver where they have shipped out talented malcontents, Dukes' whole universe crumbles around him.
Interesting theory. I still think it's the Super Bowls...then again I really don't pay much attention to what any of these guys think, including him...nor do I really care. I do think it's funny to watch the meltdown in here whenever he talks about Denver. Side note on Dukes...he got to 385 pounds on a 6'1" frame then got his stomach stapled...ROFL!

TheReverend
06-30-2010, 03:53 PM
I completely disagree. There have not been many good defensive linemen that were available for us to pick in the draft that fit a 3-4.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/bertstare.jpg

DenverBrit
06-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Interesting theory. I still think it's the Super Bowls...then again I really don't pay much attention to what any of these guys think, including him...nor do I really care. I do think it's funny to watch the meltdown in here whenever he talks about Denver. Side note on Dukes...he got to 385 pounds on a 6'1" frame then got his stomach stapled...ROFL!

Stapled? He should have nailed it to his fat ass. ;D

footstepsfrom#27
07-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Stapled? He should have nailed it to his fat ass. ;D
Actually he rubberbanded it. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilCv7_i5w9U

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilCv7_i5w9U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilCv7_i5w9U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

On another point, Dukes had the perfect opportunity to bash Denver last night when they started talking about the riskiest pick in the 1st round and Rich Eisen opened up with Bey Bey Thomas as his choice but Dukes who followed him chose Dez Bryant instead.

HEAV
07-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Dukes is an embarrassment to that network...but then so is Sapp...

NYBronc
07-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Dukes doing a live chat today at 4:30 PM ET.

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/983

Los Broncos
07-02-2010, 11:19 AM
I posted a question for him on there "Hey Dukes, any news on how the Broncos are going to use Tebow?

meangene
07-02-2010, 11:56 AM
I posted a question for him on there "Hey Dukes, any news on how the Broncos are going to use Tebow?

:rofl:

Los Broncos
07-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Jamie
Dukes, NFL Network
Tebow not ready yet. Will be a good player someday, at what position i don't know.

He still doesn't get it, Tebow is a QB why do you think they have been working on his mechanics and he's working his ass off.

Killericon
07-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Jamie
Dukes, NFL Network
Tebow not ready yet. Will be a good player someday, at what position i don't know.

He still doesn't get it, Tebow is a QB why do you think they have been working on his mechanics and he's working his ass off.

"He will be a good player, but I have no idea doing what. This basically means that I'm basing this judgment on a gut feeling, rather than observations. I am a tool."

mhgaffney
07-02-2010, 10:26 PM
hateration....

I like it. Has a nice ring to it.

Words don't grow on trees. It isn't every day you hear a new one.

Someone please forward this thread to Mr Webster.