PDA

View Full Version : What the...?

cmhargrove
06-28-2010, 06:12 PM
So instead of working on the labor problems and a potential shutout next year we get....

Make way, SpongeBob: NFL to launch animated children's series on Nickelodeon
12:58 PM

Move over, Patrick. Eli Manning may be moving in as SpongeBob SquarePants' new best friend.

The NFL announced a new partnership with Nickelodeon on Monday in which the two companies will create a new animated series based on the NFL.

New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton and Manning, the Giants' QB, will be among the players and coaches who lend their voices to the series.

"This new series combines fantasy, sports, game play, team work, competition and the age old theme of good vs. evil, under one compelling new narrative," Nicktoons general manager Keith Dawkins said.

The series, "Rush Zone: Guardians of the Core," will follow 10-year-old characters Ishmael as he attempts to save humanity when he learns the 32 NFL stadiums hold a benevolent life force that is under attack. Among the other characters:

Sudden Death: the villain determined to end humanity
Rusherz: the superheroes that represent the 32 teams
Blitz Botz: Sudden Death's army of robots
O.T.: Ishmael's mentor
The series will air weekly during the football season and end with a one-hour movie special on Nickelodeon the day before Super Bowl XLV in February.

-- Sean Leahy

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/06/make-way-sponge-bob-nfl-to-launch-animated-childrens-series-on-nickelodeon/1

Popps
06-28-2010, 06:15 PM
What the **** is right.

You're telling me Oakland Colosseum holds a benevolent life force?

I don't think so.

boltaneer
06-28-2010, 06:24 PM
The players and coaches are going to need something to do next year when there's no football...

Hogan11
06-28-2010, 07:02 PM
The players and coaches are going to need something to do next year when there's no football...

UFL

On second thought, the cartoon would probably be better to watch.

Smilin Assassin
06-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Who then will save the World from "Sudden Death"???

Los Broncos
06-28-2010, 08:01 PM
I really can't wait to see this, sounds awesome!

watermock
06-28-2010, 08:07 PM
The is becoming the mafia. They need their cut out of everything.

Back in '69, when Hank Stram was maticrilating his way dow the field, I was so pissed I invited an invited friend to a game outside on the frozen tundra.

He would up calling his mom with a Carl Eller sack by me.

40 years later, Favre hrows a cutleresque pick to lose the NFC title.

broncocalijohn
06-28-2010, 11:58 PM
What the **** is right.

You're telling me Oakland Colosseum holds a benevolent life force?

I don't think so.

Here is the meaning...

be·nev·o·lent   /bəˈnɛvələnt/ Show Spelled Show IPA
–adjective
1. characterized by or expressing goodwill or [B]kindly feelings: a benevolent attitude; her benevolent smile.
2. desiring to help others; charitable: gifts from several benevolent alumni.
3. intended for benefits rather than profit: a benevolent institution.

Now maybe they will mean the giving side of the Faiders with Al Davis ****ing things up and being benevolent for the rest of the AFC West.

broncocalijohn
06-28-2010, 11:59 PM

Back in '69, when Hank Stram was maticrilating his way dow the field, I was so pissed I invited an invited friend to a game outside on the frozen tundra.

Public announcement kids.

Don't do drugs (or get a second opinion on the ones prescribed by the first doctor).

Archer81
06-29-2010, 01:04 AM
...Is this a joke?

Who would name their kid Ishmael?

:Broncos:

Taco John
06-29-2010, 01:20 AM
If I read that correct, it's a cartoon where Rocket Ishmael tries to save his career from the hype monster, aided by Super Friends Marcus Nash and Ryan Leaf.

Blueflame
06-29-2010, 01:29 AM
If I read that correct, it's a cartoon where Rocket Ishmael tries to save his career from the hype monster, aided by Super Friends Marcus Nash and Ryan Leaf.

... and JaMarcus Russell... hehehe....

HAT
06-29-2010, 08:37 AM

Best.

Mock.

Haiku.

Ever.

Pontius Pirate
06-29-2010, 05:42 PM
http://cheezburger.com/lolbuilder.aspx?preview=1&source=http%3A//images.cheezburger.com/imagestore/2010/6/29/65e06c37-c505-4461-8a02-86b92020114e.jpg&top=Haters&bottom=Gonna%20Hate&middle=&font=Impact&color=White&size=50&bold=true&italic=false&underlined=false&style=outline&opacity=100&topalignment=left&middlealignment=left&bottomalignment=left