PDA

View Full Version : for those with showtime...

tsiguy96
06-26-2010, 07:59 PM
turn it on soon to see the greatest fighter on the planet beat some ass!

Requiem
06-26-2010, 08:02 PM
One of my friends brother is Josh Thomson, he is fighting tonight.

bap454
06-26-2010, 09:18 PM
greatest in the world get his ass beat more like it. Pathetic!

RonDaChamp24
06-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Can't believe Fedor got submitted. He made a rookie mistake and paid for it.

Boobs McGee
06-26-2010, 09:54 PM
GAAAA that was so frustrating to watch. Extremely uncharacteristic of him...he was really aggresive early. He just left that arm in there, NOT a good idea. It was just so weird to see him go after an opponent that early, ya know? Still can't believe it went down like that :( Fedor's still the best imo, hopefully he comes back with a big win . the untarnished record couldn't last forever I guess.

P.s., showtime's announcers are garbage. And so was that lady ref out there...shoulda stopped THAT fight about 5 minutes before she did. Unimpressed with their presentation in general.

DHallblows
06-26-2010, 10:16 PM
I can't believe he played that so...dumb. Fedor knows the guy's BJJ credentials and just sticks his arm and head in there so recklessly.
He's clearly still the best in the world, it'd be foolish to think otherwise

OABB
06-26-2010, 10:20 PM
greatest in the world get his ass beat more like it. Pathetic!

nice post. Really well thought out and stated beautifully. It's as if you spent hours crafting the perfect statement to describe this fight. Have you evr thought about sports commentary? Maybe getting a literary degree? It would be a shame to let talent like this go to waste.

FADERPROOF
06-27-2010, 03:19 AM
nice post. Really well thought out and stated beautifully. It's as if you spent hours crafting the perfect statement to describe this fight. Have you evr thought about sports commentary? Maybe getting a literary degree? It would be a shame to let talent like this go to waste.

Wow...are you related to Fedor or something?

SoDak Bronco
06-27-2010, 05:28 AM

:Whaaaa!:

tsiguy96
06-27-2010, 06:21 AM
anyway, unfortunate that fedor got caught in such a stupid mistake. he wins that fight 99/100 times, but not this one i guess.

FADERPROOF
06-27-2010, 06:27 AM
anyway, unfortunate that fedor got caught in such a stupid mistake. he wins that fight 99/100 times, but not this one i guess.

A few months, I was telling my friend(who was just getting into UFC) how he should watch this BJ Penn fight because of how talented and tactical he is and how he is one of the top pound for pound fighters that UFC has, along with GSP and Anderson Silva.

That was the Frankie Edgar fight, in which Penn lost by decision. My friend was really less than impressed after I built Penn up like he was going to roll Edgar over and dominate him.

I looked like an ass but things like that happen in MMA, one mistake here and there can cost a fighter the round or even the match.

tsiguy96
06-27-2010, 06:29 AM
A few months, I was telling my friend(who was just getting into UFC) how he should watch this BJ Penn fight because of how talented and tactical he is and how he is one of the top pound for pound fighters that UFC has, along with GSP and Anderson Silva.

That was the Frankie Edgar fight, in which Penn lost by decision. My friend was really less than impressed after I built Penn up like he was going to roll Edgar over and dominate him.

I looked like an ass but things like that happen in MMA, one mistake here and there can cost a fighter the round or even the match.

pound for pound fedor is better than all 3 of those guys, no question. at the level where you are basically undefeated for so long (til last night), a single loss doesnt remove you from teh top spot. he got caught for a dumb mistake, but until hes "lost it" hes still the best.

FADERPROOF
06-27-2010, 06:37 AM
pound for pound fedor is better than all 3 of those guys, no question. at the level where you are basically undefeated for so long (til last night), a single loss doesnt remove you from teh top spot. he got caught for a dumb mistake, but until hes "lost it" hes still the best.

I'd like to see Fedor come to the UFC, starting fighting with the big boys. He might be the best but Lesnar, Carwin, and Velasquez could all put up a fight or even beat him.

OABB
06-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Wow...are you related to Fedor or something?

No. I'm just a man who thinks that a loser on an Internet message board calling someone who steps into a cage pathetic is pathetic. How this turned on me I don't know. There is nothing pathetic about what happened. That's the beauty of the sport. Cung le lost to the guy that he dominated it just happens.

Calling a guy with one real loss( the other a cut) in his career Pathetic is just stupid.

Rocket 7
06-27-2010, 09:04 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XP_0JiLQlgo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XP_0JiLQlgo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DHallblows
06-27-2010, 10:19 AM
I'd like to see Fedor come to the UFC, starting fighting with the big boys. He might be the best but Lesnar, Carwin, and Velasquez could all put up a fight or even beat him.

He's fighting plenty of big boys, just not the ones Dana White hypes up all the time. He's the master of over hyping fighters (hence the embarrassment you had telling your friend that BJ Penn is amazing). There hasn't been an amazing UFC card lately, luckily Carwin finally gets to face Lesnar on July 3rd.

Fedor doesn't want to be owned by Dana White, so he's not gonna be coming over there anytime soon. Why doesn't Brock come over to Strikeforce and fight Fedor ??? Because Dana is a douche and won't let it happen. I'd love to see all 3 of those fights, but I'm content with the ones Fedor currently does, too.

Boobs McGee
06-27-2010, 10:28 AM
No. I'm just a man who thinks that a loser on an Internet message board calling someone who steps into a cage pathetic is pathetic. How this turned on me I don't know. There is nothing pathetic about what happened. That's the beauty of the sport. Cung le lost to the guy that he dominated it just happens.

Calling a guy with one real loss( the other a cut) in his career Pathetic is just stupid.

x2 ^5

FADERPROOF
06-27-2010, 12:30 PM
He's fighting plenty of big boys, just not the ones Dana White hypes up all the time. He's the master of over hyping fighters (hence the embarrassment you had telling your friend that BJ Penn is amazing). There hasn't been an amazing UFC card lately, luckily Carwin finally gets to face Lesnar on July 3rd.

Fedor doesn't want to be owned by Dana White, so he's not gonna be coming over there anytime soon. Why doesn't Brock come over to Strikeforce and fight Fedor ??? Because Dana is a douche and won't let it happen. I'd love to see all 3 of those fights, but I'm content with the ones Fedor currently does, too.

Yeah BJ Penn is terrible because he got screwed via decision and is getting a rematch, in which he will win the belt right back.

FADERPROOF
06-27-2010, 12:31 PM

Well I hope you've never said anything bad about an NFL player either.

Elway 4 Life
06-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Fedor is overated! He is a good fighter but the level of competition is weak. He was losing when he beat rogers, losing when he beat arvloski. The only way i will ever agree that he is one of the best pound for pound is if he fights in a first rate organization. That oganization is the ufc. Strikeforce is 2nd rate. Always has been and always will be.

elsid13
06-27-2010, 01:01 PM
I see Fedor as very good fighter that hasn't been challenged in awhile and has got lazy due to the level of the competition. I keep thinking that he is 20 pounds overweight that isn't working on judo enough ever time I see him fight.

Boobs McGee
06-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Fedor is overated! He is a good fighter but the level of competition is weak. He was losing when he beat rogers, losing when he beat arvloski. The only way i will ever agree that he is one of the best pound for pound is if he fights in a first rate organization. That oganization is the ufc. Strikeforce is 2nd rate. Always has been and always will be.

wow, that's one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read about mma. He was unbeaten for ten years, against STELLAR competition in (at that time, imo) Pride, which was a first rate organization in terms of talent... And part of his "routine" is being patient. Yes, he'll take shots, but that's where he finds mistakes in his opponents and dominates.

Just because Dana White's a smart business man, does NOT mean he has a first class organization. Everyone knows that his heavyweights, in regards to the talent around the world, are garbage. Please sell crazy somewhere else.

OABB
06-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Well I hope you've never said anything bad about an NFL player either.

I don't call them pathetic if they get tackled. Also in regards to calling fedor pathetic during his first loss in ten years is like calling a rb pathetic for getting tackled during a 200 yard game. It's just stupid.

OABB
06-27-2010, 01:50 PM
wow, that's one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read about mma. He was unbeaten for ten years, against STELLAR competition in (at that time, imo) Pride, which was a first rate organization in terms of talent... And part of his "routine" is being patient. Yes, he'll take shots, but that's where he finds mistakes in his opponents and dominates.

Just because Dana White's a smart business man, does NOT mean he has a first class organization. Everyone knows that his heavyweights, in regards to the talent around the world, are garbage. Please sell crazy somewhere else.

Rep. I don't think people realize that ufc is not consdered top flight by most people in the know. Pride was way better and strikeforce is getting way better. Ufc is like Microsoft. They buy all the competition up and dont improve upon anything. Cung le would kill most ufc fighters IMO.

bap454
06-27-2010, 02:24 PM

Hey freakshow, it was in response to the initial post of the thread. One lame post deserves one in return. Thats the meaning of the post, to mock the intial post moron. Pathetic....absolutely. Wtf fight were you watching. I dont give a rats ass what hes done in the past, its all about what have you done for me lately. Do you think showtime was happy with the fight?? :wave:

bap454
06-27-2010, 02:29 PM
I don't call them pathetic if they get tackled. Also in regards to calling fedor pathetic during his first loss in ten years is like calling a rb pathetic for getting tackled during a 200 yard game. It's just stupid.

Nice freakin comparison.....idiot. The fighter is a legend,no question. The fight was a joke. Do you think Fedor was happy about his performance?? Its more like the running back attempting 30 rushes for a 6 total yards.....pathetic??? Absolutely when you KNOW hes capable of much more...right? Hopefully this makes sense guzzler... I even explained it in your juvenile nature so you would understand. :thumbsup:

DHallblows
06-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Yeah BJ Penn is terrible because he got screwed via decision and is getting a rematch, in which he will win the belt right back.

Huh. Penn isn't amazing=Penn is terrible ??? Interesting translation there.

DHallblows
06-27-2010, 03:44 PM

I'll just reiterate this again for everyone that thinks they know what MMA is without watching anything Japanese or Strikeforce.

UFC=/=the entire world of MMA regardless of what Dana White tells you

OABB
06-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Nice freakin comparison.....idiot. The fighter is a legend,no question. The fight was a joke. Do you think Fedor was happy about his performance?? Its more like the running back attempting 30 rushes for a 6 total yards.....pathetic??? Absolutely when you KNOW hes capable of much more...right? Hopefully this makes sense guzzler... I even explained it in your juvenile nature so you would understand. :thumbsup:

This is definitely better. It actually explains what you meant to say. Your getting better already. Espn better watch out! Excellent job.

Elway 4 Life
06-28-2010, 03:58 PM

Stellar? Expand on this. I want names. Fedor is a great fighter that will not step to the plate and fight the best in the world because his russian mafia managers are not willing to let him go. Lesnar/Carwin/Velasquez/Overeem would all be worthy opponents. But they will never happen.

The UFC right now has the best fighters. Strikeforce has the best female fighter and thats about it.

Elway 4 Life
06-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Rep. I don't think people realize that ufc is not consdered top flight by most people in the know. Pride was way better and strikeforce is getting way better. Ufc is like Microsoft. They buy all the competition up and dont improve upon anything. Cung le would kill most ufc fighters IMO.

Cung Le has great unorthodox stand up but has absolutely no ground game and would get destroyed once he got taken down. Strikeforce is a 2nd rate group that won't last. Pride was a great organization that is no longer. The UFC got most of the pride fighters that were worth a damn.

tsiguy96
06-28-2010, 04:16 PM
I'll just reiterate this again for everyone that thinks they know what MMA is without watching anything Japanese or Strikeforce.

UFC=/=the entire world of MMA regardless of what Dana White tells you

exactly. UFC gets the most hype, not the best fighters in the world.

OABB
06-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Cung Le has great unorthodox stand up but has absolutely no ground game and would get destroyed once he got taken down. Strikeforce is a 2nd rate group that won't last. Pride was a great organization that is no longer. The UFC got most of the pride fighters that were worth a damn.

I disagree about Cung Le. He is an actual martial artist long before "MMA". He definitely can wrestle and do take downs and submit. He is not a movie star that learned to kick, he is a practitioner in traditional chinese arts and other arts.

MMA, or UFC, is not actual martial arts, but a dumbed down sportive system. Ufc totally favors grapplers by not allowing kicks or knees to the head of a grounded opponent and by using the cage instead of ropes. It is unfair to speculate which organization is better at this point.

Until UFC stops "bill Gatesing" everything and opens up to the idea of free market competition and not a monopoly we could see who actually has the best fighters.

But no mafia ran organization is ever really going to play fair.

don't believe the hype about UFC being the best. It has great fighters, but it also has a lot of dogs that are overrated as well.

also, Cung Le is not "unorthodox" he's just actually good. That is even more a testament to how UFC doesn't have the best fighters when someone who is actually good is considered "unorthodox."

Boobs McGee
06-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Stellar? Expand on this. I want names. Fedor is a great fighter that will not step to the plate and fight the best in the world because his russian mafia managers are not willing to let him go. Lesnar/Carwin/Velasquez/Overeem would all be worthy opponents. But they will never happen.

The UFC right now has the best fighters. Strikeforce has the best female fighter and thats about it.

pulled from another site:

"Fedor has beaten 3 UFC Heavyweight champions (Coleman, Randleman, Nogueira) , 2 K1 WGP winner (Schilt, Hunt) an olympic wrestler (Lindland) an olympic judoka (Ogawa), 2 K1 top fighters (Choi, Cro cop) and others skilled fighters (Babalu, Arona, Herring, Fujita)."

He was fighting in pride when PRIDE was where the champions fought, and they didn't have the many weight classes of today. Not to mention the amount of time between fights was virtually nonexistant compared with the UFC's scheduling.

Now, you can tell me silvia was on the decline, fine. He AND choi are both giants compared to Fedor, who's a relatively small/average size hw. KNOCKED out tim, and submitted a 7 foot man that outweighed him by more than one hundred pounds. Arlovski, don't gimme any bull**** about it, he was in the middle of a five fight win streak, AND in the best shape of his career. He was straight knocking fools out/submitting suckas when they were in their prime.

As to your last point, just keep believing what Dana feeds you. The only reason that Fedor/Lesnar fight (or any other fight with his hw's btw) didn't happen is because mr. Dbag white didn't want fedor's M-1 co hosting it. Monetary reasons? Bs. Dana knew at THAT point (2007) fedor would have embarrased any hw he had. Since then, it's been a nonstop smear campaign, the most recent being a tapout fiasco that ended up with them dropping fedors clothing line because DANA threatened them. He has SOME great fighters in the UFC, don't get me wrong, but to say strikeforce has no one is just laughable.

Boobs McGee
06-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I disagree about Cung Le. He is an actual martial artist long before "MMA". He definitely can wrestle and do take downs and submit. He is not a movie star that learned to kick, he is a practitioner in traditional chinese arts and other arts.

MMA, or UFC, is not actual martial arts, but a dumbed down sportive system. Ufc totally favors grapplers by not allowing kicks or knees to the head of a grounded opponent and by using the cage instead of ropes. It is unfair to speculate which organization is better at this point.

Until UFC stops "bill Gatesing" everything and opens up to the idea of free market competition and not a monopoly we could see who actually has the best fighters.

But no mafia ran organization is ever really going to play fair.

don't believe the hype about UFC being the best. It has great fighters, but it also has a lot of dogs that are overrated as well.

also, Cung Le is not "unorthodox" he's just actually good. That is even more a testament to how UFC doesn't have the best fighters when someone who is actually good is considered "unorthodox."

Wasn't cung also a collegiate wrestling champ as well?

Boobs McGee
06-28-2010, 05:01 PM

See, this is what I'm talking about. Strikeforce and the WEC have 3 of the top ten pound for pound best fighters in the world. Fedor, Aldo, and Shields. Go ****ing do some research man wow.

DHallblows
06-28-2010, 05:08 PM
See, this is what I'm talking about. Strikeforce and the WEC have 3 of the top ten pound for pound best fighters in the world. Fedor, Aldo, and Shields. Go ****ing do some research man wow.

Oh Jesus...
I've agreed with every word that you've said except this. I can't wait until Mayhem beats that cheap fighting fool sometime in the upcoming year.

DHallblows
06-28-2010, 05:10 PM

A lack of knowledge of fighters outside of the UFC is no excuse to suggest he hasn't fought quality opponents :oyvey:

Boobs McGee
06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Oh Jesus...
I've agreed with every word that you've said except this. I can't wait until Mayhem beats that cheap fighting fool sometime in the upcoming year.

Haha i used to feel the same way, but taking those shots from henderson changed my mind a bit. That kid is a tough s.o.b., and he's on a pretty amazing streak right now

EDIT: and for the record, MILLER was the one in the wrong there imo. Well, actually, it was the SECURITY's fault for even letting him in the cage. I hope he gets a bully beatdown haha

DHallblows
06-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Haha i used to feel the same way, but taking those shots from henderson changed my mind a bit. That kid is a tough s.o.b., and he's on a pretty amazing streak right now

EDIT: and for the record, MILLER was the one in the wrong there imo. Well, actually, it was the SECURITY's fault for even letting him in the cage. I hope he gets a bully beatdown haha

Ok, we're on the same team here, so don't take my attacks personally here ;D
But Dan is RATHER old, I was less than impressed with his performance against Jake. But I can let that slide.

Now as for the incident (saw it live, HILARIOUS) I'll agree that Miller could have gone about that much better, but there have been dozens of fighters that have gone about asking for fights that exact way. And it's Mayhem, I'd expect nothing less.
Yes, he started it by entering the cage, but the retard twins (please God tell me you don't like the Diaz brothers, too :bash:) jumped him along with 30 others for a "fair" fight just for interrupting an interview.

The important thing here is that you actually know who all those people are and don't go around saying "Anderson Silva is the only Middleweight cuz he fights in the UFCCCCCC! There's others?! Prove it, I need names!"

Boobs McGee
06-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Ok, we're on the same team here, so don't take my attacks personally here ;D
But Dan is RATHER old, I was less than impressed with his performance against Jake. But I can let that slide.

Now as for the incident (saw it live, HILARIOUS) I'll agree that Miller could have gone about that much better, but there have been dozens of fighters that have gone about asking for fights that exact way. And it's Mayhem, I'd expect nothing less.
Yes, he started it by entering the cage, but the retard twins (please God tell me you don't like the Diaz brothers, too :bash:) jumped him along with 30 others for a "fair" fight just for interrupting an interview.

The important thing here is that you actually know who all those people are and don't go around saying "Anderson Silva is the only Middleweight cuz he fights in the UFCCCCCC! There's others?! Prove it, I need names!"

hahahaaa you're right, dan IS rather old ;D and what're you talking about, i LOOOOVE THE DIAZ BROTHERS XOXOXOXOX . ok, seriously, not, but you're right. That gangbang of dudes was a little extreme...i kind of let my general distaste for mayhem cloud my judgment.

We are DEFINITELY on the same team/page though along the other lines. ^five

Elway 4 Life
06-29-2010, 04:29 AM

I consider the WEC part of the UFC since the UFC owns the org. Shields is not even in the top ten. He is a one dimensional fighter that would get knocked out by any of the other top 185 comp outside of strikeforce.

Elway 4 Life
06-29-2010, 04:47 AM
A lack of knowledge of fighters outside of the UFC is no excuse to suggest he hasn't fought quality opponents :oyvey:

In the last 4 years he hasnt fought the best on the world. All I'm saying is that if you want to be considered the best fighter on the planet you need to beat all competition not a bunch of has beens.

Since 2006 he has fouhgt in this order Coleman (great wrestling has been), Hunt (decent striker but nothing special), Lindland (natural wgt of 185 way to small for fedor), Choi (really a K-1 fighter that is just big, hasnt fouhgt anybody unless Akebono multiple times counts.), Sylvia (was never very good, he was a ufc champ when there was no competition), Arvloski (very talented guy with a glass jaw and not alot of confidence. IMO could be so much better than he is....), Rogers (a big giant tomato can, not much else to say about his weak ass), Werdum (great fighter that will only get better. best of this bunch.)

Everyone is getting there panties in a wad about my original comment. I'm a huge Fedor fan and am dissapointed that he doesnt want to fight better competition. Nothing would please me more than him fighting Lesnar/Carwin winner and knocking there head off. Despite what eveyone has stated in there comments I'm a MMA homer not a UFC homer. I just cant sit back and have idiots talk about how great cung le or jake shileds are when they fight inferior competition. Fedor is another story he has some greedy handlers and they dont want to let dana and company bank on there boy but the fans are getting hurt by this.

tsiguy96
06-29-2010, 05:04 AM
lesnar has like 6 career UFC fights, quit talking about him like he is 33-2.

OABB
06-29-2010, 05:15 AM
In the last 4 years he hasnt fought the best on the world. All I'm saying is that if you want to be considered the best fighter on the planet you need to beat all competition not a bunch of has beens.

Since 2006 he has fouhgt in this order Coleman (great wrestling has been), Hunt (decent striker but nothing special), Lindland (natural wgt of 185 way to small for fedor), Choi (really a K-1 fighter that is just big, hasnt fouhgt anybody unless Akebono multiple times counts.), Sylvia (was never very good, he was a ufc champ when there was no competition), Arvloski (very talented guy with a glass jaw and not alot of confidence. IMO could be so much better than he is....), Rogers (a big giant tomato can, not much else to say about his weak ass), Werdum (great fighter that will only get better. best of this bunch.)

Everyone is getting there panties in a wad about my original comment. I'm a huge Fedor fan and am dissapointed that he doesnt want to fight better competition. Nothing would please me more than him fighting Lesnar/Carwin winner and knocking there head off. Despite what eveyone has stated in there comments I'm a MMA homer not a UFC homer. I just cant sit back and have idiots talk about how great cung le or jake shileds are when they fight inferior competition. Fedor is another story he has some greedy handlers and they dont want to let dana and company bank on there boy but the fans are getting hurt by this.

I think it's the other way around. No one in the ufc has fought good competition. Outside of Gsp I cAn't think of a great fighter that didn't come from pride. I love Brock but it's too early to tell. Otherwise it's reality show stars And overhyped bj Penn types who Joe rogen nut hugs so he could train with them.

I am the best pound for pound fighter in the world. (just seeing how gullable you really are).