PDA

View Full Version : I just stopped by to say...

Bob's your Information Minister
06-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Suck it.
Ranking the AFC West running backs (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/12974/ranking-the-afc-west-running-backs)

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/12974

1. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City: I think this guy is the next great running back star in the NFL. If the Chiefs can keep Charles healthy, he will be dynamite. He is a game breaker and he’s fun to watch. He ended the 2009 season with a 259-yard performance against Denver. I think that was a hint of big things to come from the player who is entering his third NFL season.

2. Thomas Jones, Kansas City: If the Chiefs are going to make big strides as a team in 2010, it will be because of their terrific 1-2 running back punch. Jones may be one of the best additions in the NFL this offseason. He will be 32 in August, but can still help in a big way. He was third in the NFL in rushing last season with 1,402 yards. He had 14 touchdowns. The guy can play.

3. Darren Sproles, San Diego: Sproles is a role player, but he is a spectacular role player. He can change games as a change-of-pace runner with his game-breaking ability. He is a dangerous receiver out of the backfield. When kept fresh, Sproles is a difference maker.

4. Michael Bush, Oakland: I really like this player. He is pounder that can wear defenses down. But he has to show his consistency. Perhaps this will be the season in which Bush breaks out for the 1,100- to 1,400-yard rushing season I think he is capable of achieving.

5. Knowshon Moreno, Denver: This is an interesting season for Moreno. He started well as a rookie last season, but slowed considerably as the season wore on. Denver has worked on getting a bigger offensive line and it is hoping that Moreno will be better prepared for the long haul. He is a talented player, but he needs to show he can stay consistent for an entire season and he needs to show more explosiveness than he did as the No. 12 overall pick last season.

6. Darren McFadden, Oakland: I’d like to see McFadden earn himself a higher ranking next year. This is an important year for him as well. He just hasn’t been very impressive in his first two NFL seasons. He has been hampered by injuries and he has been inconsistent. Still, I believe in this player. He is a speedster and he has great skills. He just has to put it all together. I think he can.

7. Ryan Mathews, San Diego: I was tempted to put Mathews at No.4 on this list and I won't be stunned at all if he is in the top two next year. But the kid has to prove himself in a solid running back division. If he can stay healthy, the No. 12 overall pick will be a standout for San Diego. He is perfect for the Chargers’ offense and I think he will be a yards eater right away.

8. Correll Buckhalter, Denver: I was impressed with Buckhalter last season when he was healthy. But he dealt with injuries often. When he played, though, he was a big-play performer. Buckhalter, who will turn 32 during the season, averaged 5.4 yards per carry on 120 attempts last season. He is a nice second option.

SoCalBronco
06-26-2010, 01:09 AM
Bob...you know who wrote that article, right?

Ok...being serious, now...I agree that the Chiefs have the best backfield in the division, although I think Moreno, individually, is going to be much better than the 5th best back in the division. He's improved his reads this offseason and also is more of a weapon in the passing game according to Woodyard. I think he'll have a really good year, i.e. 1200 yards or so.

The Chiefs do have pretty damn good depth at that spot though...and they also drafted McCluster, although from what I've read, he may not be used as a traditional back all that often.

kmartin575
06-26-2010, 06:36 AM
You guys getting tired of Bob yet? I know I sure am.

That One Guy
06-26-2010, 07:46 AM
I'm quite surprised to admit that I didn't know KC had picked up Jones. Always had respect for him, too bad he had to pick them.

Garcia Bronco
06-26-2010, 07:51 AM
He's UVA trash. :P

sixtimeseight
06-26-2010, 08:58 AM
3. Darren Sproles, San Diego

what a ****ing joke. did sproles even break 3 ypc last year?

SonOfLe-loLang
06-26-2010, 09:43 AM
What good is a runner behind a **** line?

cmhargrove
06-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Charles is a pretty damn good RB, but that's not where KC's troubles lie.

If they had more consistency on the O-line annd receivers that could catch the ball, they would be pretty good on offense.

That being said, I doubt Charles' ability to stay healthy in the long run also. He is a tremendously gifted athlete, but needs someone to shoulder some of the tough yards or he won't make it through the season. Kind of like Buckhhalter. He's a tremendous athlete (every bit as good as Charles) but he can't seem to stay healthy.

Also, I like Michael Bush the player, but how do you put a guy that has never cracked 600 yards that high on the list?

SoDak Bronco
06-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Knowshon will have more yards then anyone on this list if he's healthy all season

GoBroncos DownUnder
06-26-2010, 10:22 AM
So many "sportswriters" still don't realise that Will Shields has retired ... and with him, the Chefs ability to run the ball ALSO retired...

No matter how good Charles may be, he's running behind a "patchwork" O-line, with plays called by Todd Haley (who the players don't "get"), and his QB looked good ... for a year, back when he was a Patriot!

Baba Booey
06-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Bush above Knowshon.

holy lol

gunns
06-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Well considering the fact that this was Moreno's rookies season, in which he did a better job than Charles in his and they both had the same amount of TD's this year, I wouldn't be making any pronouncements about Moreno yet. Plus the fact that 4 of Charles 5 good games came against defensive lines that were mush and teams with defenses ranked 26 to 32, I wouldn't make any pronouncements about Charles either.

06-26-2010, 12:35 PM
So many "sportswriters" still don't realise that Will Shields has retired ... and with him, the Chefs ability to run the ball ALSO retired...

You're so ****ing stupid. So the Chiefs will never run the ball again?

It's been three ****ing seasons since Shields played.

Peoples Champ
06-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Suck it.
Ranking the AFC West running backs (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/12974/ranking-the-afc-west-running-backs)

it doesnt matter, this is a team sport, and the broncos will finish better as a team. The Chiefs will be 2-14 (or 2-16) with yet another top 5 draft pick next season

CEH
06-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Just stopped by to say

Now that we have identified a worthless subjective ranking by Burger Bill let's deal in facts and talk about something more meaningful like playoff wins

3 playoff wins in 40 years. Worst than any NFL team except Houston which is an expansion team.

Stop back when KC wins a playoff game. See you in 40 years

elsid13
06-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Just stopped by to say

Now that we have identified a worthless subjective ranking by Burger Bill let's deal in facts and talk about something more meaningful like playoff wins

3 playoff wins in 40 years. Worst than any NFL team except Houston which is an expansion team.

Stop back when KC wins a playoff game. See you in 40 years

Houston is moving in the right direction, KC is becoming the LA Clippers. Bobo still sucks tranny's

DenverBrit
06-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Exciting news. 8')

GoBroncos DownUnder
06-26-2010, 02:03 PM
It's been three ****ing seasons since Shields played.
And 3 years since the Chefs have been relevant in the NFL.:wiggle:
You'll be squabbling with Oakland (again) this year for the "bragging rights" to a 6-11 record, regardless of who your RB is.

06-26-2010, 02:33 PM
6-11?

Retard much?

gunns
06-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Houston is moving in the right direction, KC is becoming the LA Clippers. Bobo still sucks tranny's

Becoming?

briane
06-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Suck it.

Im just stopping by to say....preseason rankings dont mean Shiat!

baja
06-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Bob - I just stopped by to say, "I got my dumb ass Banned".

gunns
06-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Bob - I just stopped by to say, "I got my dumb ass Banned".

Oh darn. Darn, darn, darn

Ugly Duck
06-27-2010, 02:35 AM
what a ****ing joke. did sproles even break 3 ypc last year?

#1 Jamaal Charles_________5.9 YPC
#14 Michael Bush__________4.8 YPC
#36 Knowshon Moreno______3.8 YPC (tied with Justin Fargas)
Not Rated___Darren Sproles__3.3 YPC

JJJ
06-27-2010, 02:56 AM
Sproles had 340 yards with a 3.7 ypc average. But also 500 yards of catches. Probably the difference there in getting him that high on the list.

If he stays healthy Matthews will be in the top 2 running backs in the AFCW this year.

Hard to argue Charles is not a player. He seems pretty solid. Won't help the Chiefs much but at that position they look reasonably strong.

Blueflame
06-27-2010, 03:03 AM
Sproles had 340 yards with a 3.7 ypc average. But also 500 yards of catches. Probably the difference there in getting him that high on the list.

If he stays healthy Matthews will be in the top 2 running backs in the AFCW this year.

Hard to argue Charles is not a player. He seems pretty solid. Won't help the Chiefs much but at that position they look reasonably strong.

Cheffies are weak at O-line, QB, and WR....

JJJ
06-27-2010, 03:15 AM
Cheffies are weak at O-line, QB, and WR....

And absolutely horrible at TE as well.

GoBroncos DownUnder
06-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Hilarious! You clearly haven't seen his week by week stats from last year?
I like that Jones and Charles both have the word "IF" in their review! ;)

Blueflame
06-27-2010, 02:18 PM
And absolutely horrible at TE as well.

That, too. Gonzalez had been their best receiver for years... and even though he's aging, he's still more productive than any receiver on their roster.

ZONA
06-27-2010, 08:16 PM
What good is a runner behind a **** line?

word