PDA

View Full Version : slight adam schefter update on doom...

tsiguy96
06-23-2010, 02:46 PM
i asked him on twitter if he thought doom would be locked up long term before week 1, he messaged me back and said "dont see it"

thats not good :wave:

Kaylore
06-23-2010, 02:51 PM
I do. I think he'll be locked up by the middle of training camp. McDaniels has said he wants him long term and doesn't see him not being a Bronco long term as a Bronco. This early in the process, more than a month before camps starts, you're just looking at a lot of posturing.

Los Broncos
06-23-2010, 02:55 PM
McD is killing this team, we wasted pics on a midget.

Beavis needs to be hired or fired.

you wait and see....wait and cee.

crush17
06-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Buy a freaking vowell!!

;)

underrated29
06-23-2010, 03:37 PM
And maybe we can go by the bay

make things out of clay

what do ya say

we just may.

cutthemdown
06-23-2010, 03:38 PM
No teams wanting to do deals because they have no idea what might be in the next CBA. Not too hard to figure out really.

cmhargrove
06-23-2010, 03:40 PM
i asked him on twitter if he thought doom would be locked up long term before week 1, he messaged me back and said "dont see it"

thats not good :wave:

Schefter has some great scoop, but i'll wait on Josina's tweet just to confirm...

Los Broncos
06-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Schefter has some great scoop, but i'll wait on Josina's tweet just to confirm...

I'm waiting on Wiki to confirm.

GoHAM
06-23-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm waiting on Wiki to confirm.

Anyone heard how Mawae did at mini camp?

Los Broncos
06-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Anyone heard how Mawae did at mini camp?

No word yet, you'll be the first to know.

BroncoMan4ever
06-23-2010, 07:49 PM
I do. I think he'll be locked up by the middle of training camp. McDaniels has said he wants him long term and doesn't see him not being a Bronco long term as a Bronco. This early in the process, more than a month before camps starts, you're just looking at a lot of posturing.

i agree. there are still negotiations going on, so it is still a work on progress. this isn't a situation like the Chargers are in where there are no talks going on. McD knows Doom is an important part of the defense, and also knows he has to get a deal done with him to oprove his point to the fans and rest of the team that the franchise takes care of the guys who come in work hard and don't make problems.

i'm not worried at all, by the end of July Doom will be paid

DBroncos4life
06-23-2010, 08:05 PM
And maybe we can go by the bay

make things out of clay

what do ya say

we just may.

Back in the day

There was this girl around the way

She liked by home-piece M.C.A.

He said he would not give her play

I asked him, "Please?" - he said, "You may."

KipCorrington25
06-23-2010, 08:35 PM
They aren't signing him, this will drag out and be a distraction just like all the other McDaniels inspired deals.

gunns
06-23-2010, 08:50 PM
I don't see a lot of contract work getting done anywhere with what's pending for next year. Goodell can come out and talk all positive but I think until this thing is resolved a lot of teams aren't going to be doing any big contracts. I'm just hoping that Doom see's it for what it is and not a lack of loyalty.

Wes Mantooth
06-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Back in the day

There was this girl around the way

She liked by home-piece M.C.A.

He said he would not give her play

I asked him, "Please?" - he said, "You may."

To do the dishes!

Hamrob
06-24-2010, 06:59 AM
The problem with Doom is that he wants Peppers type money and he's really not all that...just yet.

His value isn't $65m. The Broncos are probably willing to go to $45-50m. And there lies the problem. It's a business and everyone has to pick a side...I'm with the Broncos. I just wouldn't tie up that much money...not knowing where the CBA is going to go and not for a one dimensional player.

Rabb
06-24-2010, 07:59 AM
They aren't signing him, this will drag out and be a distraction just like all the other McDaniels inspired deals.

right, never mind that he is one of many players in the league in the same position

it MUST be McD!!!!

DBroncos4life
06-24-2010, 12:08 PM
The problem with Doom is that he wants Peppers type money and he's really not all that...just yet.

His value isn't $65m. The Broncos are probably willing to go to $45-50m. And there lies the problem. It's a business and everyone has to pick a side...I'm with the Broncos. I just wouldn't tie up that much money...not knowing where the CBA is going to go and not for a one dimensional player.

Yeah we need more money and less sacking of the QB's.

broncocalijohn
06-24-2010, 12:31 PM

god, u just dont stop. This has nothing to do with McDaniels unless he flat out doesnt want him which isnt true. As told before, you are as a annoying as the old broncofan7 could ever be. Give it a rest as u obviously have no clue what is going on. Try being a fan of the Redskins.

FireFly
06-24-2010, 08:44 PM
No teams wanting to do deals because they have no idea what might be in the next CBA. Not too hard to figure out really.

And I can completely understand why teams are feeling this way. Doom is going to command a LOT of up front cash, and then there is a good chance he won't (because NO one will) be playing next year anyhow!

This is the only reason why we might not have him locked up by the close of TC.

gyldenlove
06-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah we need more money and less sacking of the QB's.

Hmmm sacking of the QBs, that is almost as good as bouncing of the boobies.

BroncoBuff
06-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Hope he doesn't get 20 sacks and bolt.

FireFly
06-25-2010, 05:43 AM
Hope he doesn't get 20 sacks and bolt.

If we DON'T have him locked into a long term contract, and he DOES get 20 sacks, no chance that he DOESN'T bolt imo

Rabb
06-25-2010, 10:34 AM
the only way he bolts is if there is no CBA issue...that is what is killing this whole thing

plus, couldn't we franchise him?

Kaylore
06-25-2010, 11:17 AM
the only way he bolts is if there is no CBA issue...that is what is killing this whole thing

plus, couldn't we franchise him?

Next year if we don't extend him, then yes.